PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Lowry on trading block

LAKobeBryant
01-01-2013, 01:24 PM
It was certain that Bargnani and Calderon was on trading block but now Raptors having second thoughts of keeping Calderon and trading Lowry. Since Raptors are more efficient and win more when Calderon is on the court. Shocking though.

According to Sam Smith, the Raptors supposedly would like to put Lowry in a trade package and keep Calderon since the team has played better with him on the floor. ESPNís Marc Stein also raised the same idea on his Weekend Dime column.

http://o.canada.com/2012/12/29/trade-talk-heating-up-for-the-raptors/

Though heís out now injured, the Raptors supposedly would like to put Kyle Lowry in a trade package and keep Jose Calderon. The Raptors give up 11 more points per game when Lowry is on the court compared with Calderon. Ö

From Sam Smith article : http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_121224.html

I guess no one is taking Calderons job in Toronto :facepalm:

lakers4sho
01-01-2013, 01:26 PM
inb4 croonie

Tmath
01-01-2013, 01:40 PM
I can almost guarantee Lowry WON'T be traded.

LanceUpperCut
01-01-2013, 01:41 PM
already been talked to death.

unleashthebeast
01-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Well wouldn't that suck for the raptors fans that bought a Lowry jersey :laugh2:

I can't possibly see this being true.

North Yorker
01-01-2013, 01:48 PM
It's very unlikely he'll be traded. This is just people with no insight of the situation making assumptions based on a small sample size of data.

Calderon will be traded. His value is sky high, is expiring, and is getting up there in age. Calderon is playing his *** off in his contract year, good for him, but I'll be pissed if BC doesnt sell high on him.

murphturph
01-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Lowry for dmc

ramz.n
01-01-2013, 01:53 PM
that 11 more pts when lowry on the court is misleading because bargnani was also on the court at the same time..calderon is on a roll because lowry has been injuried and jose has ed davis and amir johnson on the court who are both capable of holding there own on the defensive end..all in all if lowry had the opportunity to play during the stretch where bargnani's been out I honestly believe he would have the same success rate

lakers4sho
01-01-2013, 01:53 PM
It's very unlikely he'll be traded. This is just people with no insight of the situation making assumptions based on a small sample size of data.

Calderon will be traded. His value is sky high, is expiring, and is getting up there in age. Calderon is playing his *** off in his contract year, good for him, but I'll be pissed if BC doesnt sell high on him.

ebanks, morris, and blake

sixer04fan
01-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Calderon CANNOT. BE. STOPPED.

CB29
01-01-2013, 02:02 PM
I won't believe this until i see it happening. It doesn't make any sense at all.

lakersiznumber1
01-01-2013, 02:17 PM
whats going on with all the late rumor news lately

SA5195
01-01-2013, 02:20 PM
He's not injured anymore. Old ****

jakedajewler
01-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Really should just shut the fanchise down and move it to the states, it's become a joke

Rego247
01-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Not going to happen. You don't give up a top 3-5 pick for a guy and trade him 3 months into the season.

It'll probably be Jose who gets moved.

AnthonyTyrael
01-01-2013, 02:35 PM

He's been interesting even longer and played well the past years too. He's just not granted the minutes and role. His shooting from threepoint range and the stripe plus his assists and his usually low TO rate is valuable. Only his FG% really dropped the last couple years but well... if you include him the right way into your team, his assist numbers will go up and his shooting too.

He underachieved a little in the NBA so far, on a Raptors team. Theoretically spoken... him playing somewhere else should actually help him if he's getting the status and minutes.

cleptopot
01-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Raptors forum

gwrighter
01-01-2013, 02:46 PM
This is a catchy story that people want to believe to be true but is a farce. Unless people want to believe that the Raptors might rip off another team and steal away a star.

tr3ymill3r
01-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Houston fans are laughing at this thread right now.

sep11ie
01-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Lowry to Dallas for VC..
Bargs to China for TMac.

Contenders.

KniCks4LiFe
01-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Man Houston fans are so giddy today.

KniCks4LiFe
01-01-2013, 03:13 PM
OT: Knicks will give you Felton and Camby right now.

nirvana235
01-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Kyle Lowry for Jeremy Lin, Toronto has tons of Asians that will lose their **** if Lin played there.

Tho Jose Calderon will eventually take his job too.

John Walls Era
01-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Sam Smith isn't a Raptors insider.... he works for the Bulls and I'm not even sure hes a Bulls insider.

Fukudome
01-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Sam Smith doesn't know the Bulls all that well, so I would take anything he says about any other team with a huge grain of salt.

Shark
01-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Houston fans are laughing at this thread right now.

I don't see how Houston Fans are laughing at the situation? I would be sad if I was Houston. The pick they got is top 3 protected. At best they are going to get maybe the 7-10th overall pick(which is good sure). Chances are the the Raptors finish maybe around 10-13th worst in the league... Right now they have the 7th worst record and literally 1 win seperates them from the 10th worst record.

Anyways to continue on, they replace Lowry with Lin, who has 1.5 years of NBA experience and has a rediculous salary and posting 12.1 ppg, 6.4 apg, 3.8 rpg...
Lowry who is only 2 years older then Lin, who has 6 years of NBA experience is posting 15.9 ppg, 5.9 apg and 5.4 rpg.. oh and last year on Houston he posted 14.3 ppg, 6.6 apg, 4.6 rpg(short year)...the year prior he posted 13.5 ppg, 6.7 apg, 4.1 rpg.... Pretty much his numbers from over 2 years ago is better then Lin's numbers currently. Even if Houston gets the 7th overall pick, that player still has to prove themselves to at least even be compareable to Lowry.

Anyways I would not be laughing if I was a Houston fan.

nirvana235
01-01-2013, 03:23 PM
I don't see how Houston Fans are laughing at the situation? I would be sad if I was Houston. The pick they got is top 3 protected. At best they are going to get maybe the 7-10th overall pick(which is good sure). Chances are the the Raptors finish maybe around 10-13th worst in the league... Right now they have the 7th worst record and literally 1 win seperates them from the 10th worst record.

Anyways to continue on, they replace Lowry with Lin, who has 1.5 years of NBA experience and has a rediculous salary and posting 12.1 ppg, 6.4 apg, 3.8 rpg...
Lowry who is only 2 years older then Lin, who has 6 years of NBA experience is posting 15.9 ppg, 5.9 apg and 5.4 rpg.. oh and last year on Houston he posted 14.3 ppg, 6.6 apg, 4.6 rpg(short year)...the year prior he posted 13.5 ppg, 6.7 apg, 4.1 rpg.... Pretty much his numbers from over 2 years ago is better then Lin's numbers currently. Even if Houston gets the 7th overall pick, that player still has to prove themselves to at least even be compareable to Lowry.

Um... Houston used that pick to help get James Harden...

They should be laughing right about now.

John Walls Era
01-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Kyle Lowry hasn't proven ****. Has he ever played on a winning team as a starter? I thought he would be good this year, but hes getting out played by Calderon.

KniCks4LiFe
01-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Lowry past 10 gms.

11 ppg, 5 apg, 4 rpg, 2 spg 45% FG

Lin past 10 gms.

14 ppg, 7 apg, 3 rpg, 2 spg 51% FG

plus they landed James Harden w/ the pick. Laugh hard-EN!

KniCks4LiFe
01-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Kyle Lowry hasn't proven ****. Has he ever played on a winning team as a starter? I thought he would be good this year, but hes getting out played by Calderon.

sad isn't it? How many more excuses will they make for Lowry in Toronto (http://www.82games.com/1213/12TOR2.HTM)? this is like my Felton debate when he was in Denver.

nirvana235
01-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Lowry past 10 gms.

Lin past 10 gms.

Yea Lin's really turned his season around. People had such high expectations for him because of the contract but they forget he hasn't even played a full season worth of games yet.

Lin is putting up similar numbers to Lowry's age 24 season and Lowry had much more experience.

rockets-fan
01-01-2013, 03:36 PM

I laugh because you dont even know what your talking about...Lowry wasnt even an option to keep, he had drama with the coach, that would not work out well so he was traded.

Harden,Lin>>>>>>Lowry

North Yorker
01-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Lowry past 10 gms.

Lin past 10 gms.

:facepalm:

Lin: 32.7 mpg, 14.7 PER

Lowry: 22.7 mpg, 21.9 PER

KniCks4LiFe
01-01-2013, 03:56 PM
:facepalm:

Lin: 32.7 mpg, 14.7 PER

Lowry: 22.7 mpg, 21.9 PER

PER w/ a player that started rocky. Nice. I'm curious to see what that PER for the last 10 gms. is.

Chronz
01-01-2013, 03:58 PM
This topic was discussed awhile ago, those articles are out of date and only expose how quickly those authors jumped the gun, or how poorly Toronto is run.

Mr.ATLHawks
01-01-2013, 03:59 PM
We'll take him in ATL, god knows we need a true PG. As for what we are willing to give up..who knows. Teague and Harris maybe a 1st. I believe both are expiring. Given Lowry's injury issues I think i'd rather have Brandon Jennings.

North Yorker
01-01-2013, 04:01 PM
PER w/ a player that started rocky. Nice. I'm curious to see what that PER for the last 10 gms. is.

So you just completely ignore the 10 minute difference in playing time :laugh2:.

I also liked how you rounded up some of Lin's numbers you posted while rounded down Lowry's. Your intelligence is matched only by your objectivity.

KniCks4LiFe
01-01-2013, 04:02 PM
We'll take him in ATL, god knows we need a true PG. As for what we are willing to give up..who knows. Teague and Harris maybe a 1st. I believe both are expiring. Given Lowry's injury issues I think i'd rather have Brandon Jennings.

I think they'd try to add Bargnani just to try to take Smith from you. I mean if you're Toronto's GM you have to ask.

JasonJohnHorn
01-01-2013, 04:02 PM
If it meant getting Bargnani's contract off the books, I'd be ok with moving Lowry. I think he's good, but bottom line is, he's a second rate PG int he league. Obviusly he's in the NBA, so the guy is amazing, but at the same time, he's never going to be on a level with CP3, Rondo, Westbrook, or Rose, or a number of other PGs. You don't need the best PG in the league to win the NBA title, but you need one better than Lowry.

Lowry, like Fields, and like Bargnani and DeRozen, is a product of Coangelo's mentality. You get average players at every position, you are, at best, gong to have an average team. Giving out big contract to Hedu, and Kapono and Jack... that is not going to win you championships. These are bad signings and bad picks. Lowry is good, but he's not that good. That said, moving forward, I might be willing to stay with Lowry for now IF Toronto could get something back for Calderon.

I also wouldn't be opposed to keeping Calderon if he isn't traded by the deadline. Having at least one player who played his entire career for Toronto would be nice, though obviously Coangelo doens't think much of Calderon since he has tried to replace him 3 times now.

KniCks4LiFe
01-01-2013, 04:03 PM
So you just completely ignore the 10 minute difference in playing time :laugh2:.

I also liked how you rounded up some of Lin's numbers you posted while rounded down Lowry's. Your intelligence is matched only by your objectivity.

when did I ignore it?

I rounded both numbers they are on ESPN's site. Yet 82games show your basketball team's offense is better run w/ Lowry off the floor. For whatever reason.

North Yorker
01-01-2013, 04:13 PM
when did I ignore it?

I rounded both numbers they are on ESPN's site. Yet 82games show your basketball team's offense is better run w/ Lowry off the floor. For whatever reason.

Seriously? You ignored it when you conveniently left it out between the comparison of the players lol.

You rounded down both his FG% and rebounding numbers, while showing per game averages (by picking an arbitrary endpoint of 10 games...) without even taking into account the actual minutes played PER game over that span. You clearly tried to make Lin look like the better player by cherry-picking stats.

KniCks4LiFe
01-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Seriously? You ignored it when you conveniently left it out between the comparison of the players lol.

You rounded down both his FG% and rebounding numbers, while showing per game averages (by picking an arbitrary endpoint of 10 games...) without even taking into account the actual minutes played PER game over that span. You clearly tried to make Lin look like the better player by cherry-picking stats.

I'm not trying to make anyone look great or cherry pick anything. If anything you did it by yourself, putting a PER on a player who hasn't even played enough of the season. You took a cherry pick stance on MPG that Lowry played, completely ignored how player production is actually better w/o him on the floor. Lin has played 1014 mins vs Lowry who has played 546. Please tell me the PER again.

By your acccount Jimmer Ferdette is better than Kyrie Irving, Stephen Curry, Jrue Holiday, Jeff Teague, Rondo.

BTW I'm not saying anything to discredit Lowry's ability. I still think he's an upgrade over some guards, but right now you're talking about a guard who can't even stay on the floor.

SINCESTARBURY25
01-01-2013, 04:32 PM
With how bad the Raptors are at trading I wonder if they would trade him for copeland and White?

North Yorker
01-01-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm not trying to make anyone look great or cherry pick anything. If anything you did it by yourself, putting a PER on a player who hasn't even played enough of the season. You took a cherry pick stance on MPG that Lowry played, completely ignored how player production is actually better w/o him on the floor. Lin has played 1014 mins vs Lowry who has played 546. Please tell me the PER again.

By your acccount Jimmer Ferdette is better than Kyrie Irving, Stephen Curry, Jrue Holiday, Jeff Teague, Rondo.

You dont know what PER is do you? It goes hand in hand with minutes played, something that you ignored to show, so I showed both since you didnt because it makes Lin look like the inferior player... which he is btws. (and I didnt even get into defense where Lowry blows him away)
The player efficiency rating (PER) is a rating of a player's per-minute productivity.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&id=2850240

You even admitted to cherry-picking stats in the next post, choosing to ignore Lin's "rocky" start,

and thus cherry pick a 10 game sample where he's shooting 51%. Im sure he'll continue to shoot at this rapid pace, much like OJ Mayo continued to shoot 50+% from 3 the first month of the season... oh wait, he's reverted back to his career norms this past month. That's shocking!

KniCks4LiFe
01-01-2013, 04:39 PM
You dont know what PER is do you? It goes hand in hand with minutes played, something that you ignored to show, so I showed both since you didnt because it makes Lin look like the inferior player... which he is btws. (and I didnt even get into defense where Lowry blows him away)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&id=2850240

You even admitted to cherry-picking stats in the next post, choosing to ignore Lin's "rocky" start,

and thus cherry pick a 10 game sample where he's shooting 51%. Im sure he'll continue to shoot at this rapid pace, much like OJ Mayo continued to shoot 50+% from 3 the first month of the season... oh wait, he's reverted back to his career norms this past month. That's shocking!

I know what it is. You provided stats when Lin was learning an offense w/ a player he didn't even go through training camp with. A lot of Houston's offense was standstill most of the beginning of the season. Nowhere did I ignore the stat you posted or invalidate it. All I said was I'm curious to see the last 10 gms. since they both obviously produced over that span.

I like Lowry, I don't think he sucks. But I already said how the stats show the Raptors are better ran w/o him on the floor for whatever the reason. And it's your team that is leaking out desires into wanting to trade him. So again where am I cherry picking or hating?

With how bad the Raptors are at trading I wonder if they would trade him for copeland and White?

I'll drive the van.

sep11ie
01-01-2013, 04:46 PM

All that typing just for a fail.

North Yorker
01-01-2013, 04:53 PM
I know what it is. You provided stats when Lin was learning an offense w/ a player he didn't even go through training camp with.

Lowry came to a brand new team too (was injured in training camp too as a matter of fact), and he had a fantastic start to the season. That's no excuse.

I like Lowry, I don't think he sucks. But I already said how the stats show the Raptors are better ran w/o him on the floor for whatever the reason. And it's your team that is leaking out desires into wanting to trade him. So again where am I cherry picking or hating?

Sam Smith has no affiliation with the Raptors. Toronto media and insiders are all saying they would be very surprised/shocked if Lowry was traded, with the only way being an offer too good to pass up (and probably includes unloading a bad deal of ours or 2).

Lowry is a terrible fit on offense with Bargnani, so that's a big reason why I think those team numbers are down, along with a brutal road start to the season. He got injured just before the cupcake part of our schedule and a lot of home games. Jose took over and took advantage of the easy competition, simple as that. That small amount of data taken without context (which is what Smith looked at) are what started these rumors.

bucketss
01-01-2013, 04:59 PM

well lowry has been playing injured if we're giving out excuses.

KniCks4LiFe
01-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Lowry is a terrible fit on offense with Bargnani, so that's a big reason why I think those team numbers are down, along with a brutal road start to the season. He got injured just before the cupcake part of our schedule and a lot of home games. Jose took over and took advantage of the easy competition, simple as that. That small amount of data taken without context (which is what Smith looked at) are what started these rumors.

what usually happens to players that don't fit. :rolleyes:

well lowry has been playing injured if we're giving out excuses.

never said he wasn't.

John Walls Era
01-01-2013, 05:01 PM

Ok please. No one wants those no name players.

John Walls Era
01-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Crooner: 1

Colangelo: 0

bucketss
01-01-2013, 05:05 PM
If it meant getting Bargnani's contract off the books, I'd be ok with moving Lowry. I think he's good, but bottom line is, he's a second rate PG int he league. Obviusly he's in the NBA, so the guy is amazing, but at the same time, he's never going to be on a level with CP3, Rondo, Westbrook, or Rose, or a number of other PGs. You don't need the best PG in the league to win the NBA title, but you need one better than Lowry.

Lowry, like Fields, and like Bargnani and DeRozen, is a product of Coangelo's mentality. You get average players at every position, you are, at best, gong to have an average team. Giving out big contract to Hedu, and Kapono and Jack... that is not going to win you championships. These are bad signings and bad picks. Lowry is good, but he's not that good. That said, moving forward, I might be willing to stay with Lowry for now IF Toronto could get something back for Calderon.

I also wouldn't be opposed to keeping Calderon if he isn't traded by the deadline. Having at least one player who played his entire career for Toronto would be nice, though obviously Coangelo doens't think much of Calderon since he has tried to replace him 3 times now.

wtf are you talking about? lowry average?! please just stop i wouldn't call a top ten pg in this league average.

Verbal Christ
01-01-2013, 05:08 PM
how gratifying is it for Houston fan for all these haters to have swallow down that pride. When we let go of Lowry and Dragic we were damn fools who would be the worst team in the league.

the pick was incidental and really it was just a player/salary dump to make room for Lin all along. Kyle was a good player for a season or so, but then got big headed and stopped working hard. Really like the guy, but too many good players in this league for a borderline player to feel entitled.

Morey keeps proving all these clowns so wrong and i love it.

LanceUpperCut
01-01-2013, 05:11 PM
This thread has some of the stupidest post I think I've seen on PSD. Lowry is not going anywhere and I'd take Lowry over Jose or Lin anyday of the week. It's easy to see most these posters have zero clue at all what's going on with the Raptors so I'm not even going to waste my time explaining.

KniCks4LiFe
01-01-2013, 05:12 PM
It's really time to say Morey is one of the smarter gms. in the league. (respectfully w/ no hate towards any player)

I just want to know, how is it that Houston fans wouldn't laugh at this.

They replaced Lowry. Inserted Lin, turned into a mid-seed playoff team, have one of the top backcourts in the NBA gelling really rapidly may I add to a point where they are the league's best offense. And have one of the NBA's top scoring guards in Harden. Oh and Jeremy Lin is a 3pt shot away from being a superstar.

Bigbadmoffo
01-01-2013, 05:15 PM
The trade was good for both teams so no team is laughing. Lowry is a solid pg guard and the pick will be 10 to 14 in a pathetic draft so seeing how they got harden for it both teams win.

LanceUpperCut
01-01-2013, 05:18 PM
It's really time to say Morey is one of the smarter gms. in the league. (respectfully w/ no hate towards any player)

I just want to know, how is it that Houston fans wouldn't laugh at this.

They replaced Lowry. Inserted Lin, turned into a mid-seed playoff team, have one of the top backcourts in the NBA gelling really rapidly may I add to a point where they are the league's best offense. And have one of the NBA's top scoring guards in Harden. Oh and Jeremy Lin is a 3pt shot away from being a superstar.

Your funny

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-01-2013, 05:18 PM
So you trade for a top 8ish PG for a lottery pick, he plays great for you in the small time he's played, gets injured and then you want to trade him?:laugh2:

KniCks4LiFe
01-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Your funny

He is. That's like 6-9 pts. he's not scoring b/c his 3pt shot is off. The boy hasn't even shot average from 3pt land this season.

LanceUpperCut
01-01-2013, 05:25 PM
So you trade for a top 8ish PG for a lottery pick, he plays great for you in the small time he's played, gets injured and then you want to trade him?:laugh2:

Man just cause some writer from a different city who has zero ties with Toronto says something doesn't make it true. Anyone creditable source from Toronto say it's not happening.

bucketss
01-01-2013, 05:25 PM

sam smith doesn't know what the **** hes talking about.

LanceUpperCut
01-01-2013, 05:27 PM
He is. That's like 6-9 pts. he's not scoring b/c his 3pt shot is off. The boy hasn't even shot average from 3pt land this season.

If Jeremy Lins is even a boarder line superstar then there are about 15 superstar points guards there already.

North Yorker
01-01-2013, 05:33 PM
If Jeremy Lins is even a boarder line superstar then there are about 15 superstar points guards there already.

With Lowry being one of them.

bucketss
01-01-2013, 05:34 PM
rondo is a 3pt shot away from being a superstar not someone like lin.

D-Leethal
01-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Calderon is not better than Kyle Lowry. They will have more success if they find the right pieces to make it work with Lowry than just rolling with Calderon because he fits better with this current lottery cast.

John Walls Era
01-01-2013, 06:03 PM
rondo is a 3pt shot away from being a superstar not someone like lin.

Just stop talking. Rondo is one of the best PGs in the league... and you compare him to Lin? Lin is ok, some potential, but Rondo has been the Celtics best player.

bucketss
01-01-2013, 06:06 PM
where did i compare him to rondo?

RyanStorm
01-01-2013, 06:10 PM
I wonder if Utah can get Lowry. I would trade either Al or Paul for him, or a Marvin or Foye.

LanceUpperCut
01-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Just stop talking. Rondo is one of the best PGs in the league... and you compare him to Lin? Lin is ok, some potential, but Rondo has been the Celtics best player.

Man your quoting the wrong guy. He said nothing of the sort.

Bigbadmoffo
01-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Agreed someone needs to read first.

RyanStorm
01-01-2013, 07:20 PM
So does Toronto need anything from Jazz?? Cause they have PG's I would really like to have. Although I was under the impression Jazz was after Calderon and not Lowry(who looks to be like the open guy now).

North Yorker
01-01-2013, 07:33 PM
So does Toronto need anything from Jazz?? Cause they have PG's I would really like to have. Although I was under the impression Jazz was after Calderon and not Lowry(who looks to be like the open guy now).

Calderon for Marvin Williams and 2014 1st?