PDA

View Full Version : Would the Thunder ever be interested in DMC?

Everymanalion
01-01-2013, 12:47 PM
With all the hype behind James Harden vs. Kevin Martin, what's been lost a bit is that OKC has seriously stockpiled assets. They have Toronto's #1 if it falls out of the top 3, which is very possible. They have also have another #1 from the Harden trade.

You add that to Eric Maynor, Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones and Reggie Jackson as young talent with potential and you've got a very promising trade package.

OKC has probably the most wealth in the league, but it's spread out too much. It makes sense to see them consolidate and make a huge move.

I can't ever see OKC taking him back, but what about Toronto's #1, Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones for DeMarcus Cousins? That'd be a risk, but at what cost? Unless OKC loves this draft, you're probably not getting a better prospect than Cousins in it after the top 3.

This could make for a very interesting trade deadline.

netsgiantsyanks
01-01-2013, 12:49 PM
westbrook-durant-cousins could be very, very deadly.

Everymanalion
01-01-2013, 12:56 PM
westbrook-durant-cousins could be very, very deadly.

They are ALREADY contenders for the next 5-7 seasons barring any real horrible injuries or bad trades but I will take a core of DMC/KD/WB any day of the week, all these guys are still so young and the OKC FO works a tad like the Spurs(Some of the same people who used to be with S.A.) and can whip DMC into mental shape, maybe it would kickstart his immaturity issue to go away if he was on a real contender and maybe realizing what was at stake instead of getting only 14 wins a season.

dimedrpr
01-01-2013, 01:05 PM
As an OKC resident and Thunder fan, I can tell you that the Thunder would have very little to no interest in Cousins. Sam Presti and Scott Brooks take character and locker room presence extremely serious.

Everymanalion
01-01-2013, 01:08 PM
As an OKC resident and Thunder fan, I can tell you that the Thunder would have very little to no interest in Cousins. Sam Presti and Scott Brooks take character and locker room presence extremely serious.

But SAC, despite what they say in public, you know they want to trade him and that DMC def. wants a new chance of scenery, where are you going to get a center with that much upside for relatively "cheap" right now, only other decent center I can see going after is Gortat at the moment

Anything is better than Scrubrick Scrubkins at C for OKC.

Swashcuff
01-01-2013, 01:16 PM
If DMC stands for Defending Many Championships then yes but DeMarcus Cousins? hell no. Presti is much smarter than that.

Everymanalion
01-01-2013, 01:29 PM
If DMC stands for Defending Many Championships then yes but DeMarcus Cousins? hell no. Presti is much smarter than that.

:clap:

HouRealCoach
01-01-2013, 01:47 PM
If DMC was in a better environment then he would be much better... SAC is like Washington was last year. They have a lot of talent but not a good enough coach to get the guys on the same track. Durant, Westbrook, DMC, Ibaka, & Martin would be DEADLY

black1605
01-01-2013, 01:51 PM
I didn't even realize they had Toronto's pick with such little protection. That isn't even fair!

Presti is a genius.

Rivera
01-01-2013, 01:54 PM
DMC is the truth he just needs a strong locker room and coach

Okc has a strong locker room but I don't know about a strong head coach

I'll tell you this perk will get in DMCs arse and will straighten him out quick. He just has to give him the perk scowl