PDA

View Full Version : Nikola Vucevic

Gideon
01-01-2013, 01:34 AM
I have followed this kid's career through his time at USC and as a Knicks fan was hoping we would draft him. He became one of the centerpieces of the Dwight Howard trade that went unnoticed and has quietly averaged a double double so far for a Magic team that little was expected of. Tonight he had 20pts 29reb 2ast 3stl 2blk against the Heat. I just thought the kid deserved some recognition and wondered what you thought his ceiling was?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-01-2013, 01:41 AM
He played great today. Wanted him to get the 30th rebound.

waveycrockett
01-01-2013, 01:42 AM
He reminds me of Andy V but no where near him defensively.

Cal827
01-01-2013, 01:43 AM
His Ceiling is Dwight Howard.

Method28
01-01-2013, 01:48 AM
His ceiling is pretty tall id imagine. I mean he's a tall dude ya know.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-01-2013, 01:50 AM
Reminds me of Mehmet Okur but a better rebounder.

Slug3
01-01-2013, 01:50 AM
I don't know much about him, but I will say if you look at the heats box scores for games they are always letting someone I have never heard go off for career nights.

Corey
01-01-2013, 01:52 AM
I wanted him to slip to the C's really badly two years ago. Love him as a player.

shep33
01-01-2013, 01:53 AM
He's been awesome this year. 28-29 rebounds tonight? Crazy.

More-Than-Most
01-01-2013, 01:54 AM
I wanted him to slip to the C's really badly two years ago. Love him as a player.

During the draft I remember you saying this....You said he would be a special player and when he was a sixer we loved the way he played....I would still go for bynum but this is the only part of the deal I think I will regret.

TheDoctor6
01-01-2013, 01:58 AM
Instead we are stuck with Mr Toughness SPENCER HAWES and the always incompetent, KWAME BROWN at the 5 spot. I hate our bigs and I hate bowling. FU Bynum.

RipCity32
01-01-2013, 02:14 AM
I really dont know much about this guy besides for noticing his name on the roster every now and then but that is a hell of a game wow.

Lakers4life08
01-01-2013, 02:17 AM
Its against miami,every average big having great games against soft Bosh.....John Henson had 17pts 18rebs game,Faried had 20 rebs and many more.....never saw such p.ussy big men like Bosh

seikou8
01-01-2013, 02:54 AM
Its against miami,every average big having great games against soft Bosh.....John Henson had 17pts 18rebs game,Faried had 20 rebs and many more.....never saw such p.ussy big men like Bosh

and wade is affalo type player without refs sounds like a hater

SlimKid
01-01-2013, 04:07 AM
Good for him! excellent night..

RLundi
01-01-2013, 09:14 AM

29 rebounds is a major accomplishment against ANY professional team. Stop trying to denigrate that.

Hustla23
01-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Sixers fans must still be killing themselves. What an awful trade this turned out to be for them.

Jiggy2maHeat
01-01-2013, 09:42 AM
While we should credit Vucevic for his efforts, this says something about the Heat front court. In comparison, Chris Bosh had a total of 4 rebounds in the game.

JasonJohnHorn
01-01-2013, 10:03 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=trb&c1comp=gt&c1val=29&c2stat=pts&c2comp=gt&c2val=20&c3stat=stl&c3comp=gt&c3val=3&c4stat=blk&c4comp=gt&c4val=2&order_by=pts

Nobody else has recorded that high since 1985 (maybe longer, but that is as far back as the BBR game search goes.

29+ boards has only happened 20 times since that time (mostly from Rodman and Mutumbo. Kevin Love and Andrew bynum are the only other active players to have matched that total, so yeah, that's a pretty special night I think.

Yeah... as a 76ers fan... this is painful to watch. I mean, you guys gave up Iggy and Vucevic AND a first rounder to get Bynum. This 76ers team would certainly be better if they still have Vucevic and Iggy :-(

I hope this guy really develops into a star. Orlando fans deserve that much after having to watch 3 franchise players (Shaq, McGrady and Howard) all leave Orlando.

Here's a question though: Does Vucevic's line count as a triple-double? He got double digits in points (20) offensive rebounds (11) and defensive rebounds (18).

Jiggy2maHeat
01-01-2013, 10:13 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=trb&c1comp=gt&c1val=29&c2stat=pts&c2comp=gt&c2val=20&c3stat=stl&c3comp=gt&c3val=3&c4stat=blk&c4comp=gt&c4val=2&order_by=pts

Nobody else has recorded that high since 1985 (maybe longer, but that is as far back as the BBR game search goes.

29+ boards has only happened 20 times since that time (mostly from Rodman and Mutumbo. Kevin Love and Andrew bynum are the only other active players to have matched that total, so yeah, that's a pretty special night I think.

Yeah... as a 76ers fan... this is painful to watch. I mean, you guys gave up Iggy and Vucevic AND a first rounder to get Bynum. This 76ers team would certainly be better if they still have Vucevic and Iggy :-(

I hope this guy really develops into a star. Orlando fans deserve that much after having to watch 3 franchise players (Shaq, McGrady and Howard) all leave Orlando.

Here's a question though: Does Vucevic's line count as a triple-double? He got double digits in points (20) offensive rebounds (11) and defensive rebounds (18).

Nope

RLundi
01-01-2013, 10:17 AM

Lol is this a serious question?

Aleksandar
01-01-2013, 10:19 AM
He played for my hometown team during the lockout, and joined our national team recently.

He seems talented, in terms of being all around skilled, huge guy. I mean, he's big and strong enough to be a good rebounder/defender. On top of that, he's a good outside shooter. Add IQ to all that.

So, his ceiling is high because he shows potential in all areas of the game. But then again, he can end up being average in all those areas.

I guess this Dwight trade worked out perfectly for him, I didn't think he'd get a starter job.. Anyway, wish him all the best.

RLundi
01-01-2013, 10:20 AM

And I don't think he'll be a star but he'll be a solid stater and have a decent NBA career. Honestly, the Heat are the worst rebounding team so I wouldn't put TOO much stock in this (still very impressive though).

Vuc needs to improve his defense, get stronger and get tougher. I think his ceiling could be 17-11-2blk player, like a watered down Pau without the passing ability.

Tom Stone
01-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Hes on my fantasy team.....double double machine

Ty_Lawson
01-01-2013, 11:28 AM
If he played for NYK we would read about Vucevicsanity today i think,but because it's only Orlando,we read about "every big is good vs Bosh"...so with that said,Heat now has Big 1?Wade is not that good any more and bosh is worse than most sophmores?

heyman321
01-01-2013, 01:53 PM
I didn't know batting the ball up into the air counted as an offensive rebound. He got 5 O rebounds alone on one play.

Corey
01-01-2013, 04:22 PM
During the draft I remember you saying this....You said he would be a special player and when he was a sixer we loved the way he played....I would still go for bynum but this is the only part of the deal I think I will regret.

Yessir, I'm glad someone remembers :p

I've always said that he's going to be the steal of that draft. Very productive skill set. He's got a lot of room to grow, but he's showing a ton of potential. I really do love the way he plays.

Angry Norwegian
01-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Empty stats. He's on a bad team.

Right Love haters?

GiantsSwaGG
01-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Sixers look even more stupid now

Alayla
01-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Sixers fans must still be killing themselves. What an awful trade this turned out to be for them.

nope i still do this 100% Bynum will be fine in due time.

Il Mago50
01-01-2013, 04:52 PM
He's a good player. He's got a nice jump shot, very good fundamentals and a good rebounder.

He's a very solid player, maybe a top 10 center in his prime.

RLundi
01-01-2013, 05:51 PM
nope i still do this 100% Bynum will be fine in due time.

Maybe. And for another team.

69centers
01-01-2013, 06:03 PM
As if the Sixers weren't already face palming themselves over acquiring Bynum, now look what happens with a guy they let go to get Bynum.

Although, this is the Magic where even Big Baby looks like a superstar.

D-Leethal
01-01-2013, 06:08 PM
He's got a real smooth offensive game but I didn't know he could board like that. Impressive.