PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Westbrook will be a HOFer by the end of his career?

Everymanalion
12-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Has not missed one game in however long, sometimes shows extreme sparks of greatness in high number stat padding games but sometimes questionable decision making and borderline reckless(Though improving this year). Extremely durable and extremely athletic. Future HOFer( :superman: ) in your opinion? Or does that depend on the rings? Or lack thereof?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-31-2012, 10:07 PM
Probably. Not that hard to make the HOF.

He'll be an all star for at least 5 more years and will be on some all NBA teams.

Stuckey#3
12-31-2012, 10:08 PM
When it's all over his career will resemble The Glove at best... Penny at worst. I think he gets in.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-31-2012, 10:11 PM
A better Baron Davis/Steve Francis with a longer prime.

Stuckey#3
12-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Probably. Not that hard to make the HOF.

He'll be an all star for at least 5 more years and will be on some all NBA teams.

Tell that to Bernard King.

Swashcuff
12-31-2012, 10:14 PM

Artis Gilmore, Bobby Jones and Sidney Moncrief.

tredigs
12-31-2012, 10:16 PM
He's been making All-NBA teams since he was 22 and has a multi-year window at titles as a 1b. These things are always "barring injury", but he's your best bet in the league to avoid that bug. Westbrook has never missed a game at any point in his life. He is a machine. And yes, well on his way to a HOF career.

tripleplay2007
12-31-2012, 10:32 PM
I think so.
If he has more success in the playoffs.
He's just gonna keep getting better.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-01-2013, 12:04 AM

Bernard King was injured a lot.

seikou8
01-01-2013, 12:24 AM
He's been making All-NBA teams since he was 22 and has a multi-year window at titles as a 1b. These things are always "barring injury", but he's your best bet in the league to avoid that bug. Westbrook has never missed a game at any point in his life. He is a machine. And yes, well on his way to a HOF career.

this love his game and has time to improve

unwantedplayer
01-01-2013, 12:33 AM
As long as he keeps producing and developing as quickly the way he is right now, I don't see why he wouldn't.

Hellcrooner
01-01-2013, 12:36 AM
Bernard King was injured a lot.

But was absolutely ashtounding when Not.

He could have stolen some mvp from Magic/Bird/ if he didnt get injured.

And anyway on topic, its too early.

You dont really start talking bout this until the player has been for a decade in the league because things can change a lot due to injurys, unexpected declines , change of success if traded to other place or lockeroom troubles.

If everything goes normal he could/should.

JNoel
01-01-2013, 12:38 AM
Um, way too early? T-mac was a HOF back then and now look at him...

Hellcrooner
01-01-2013, 12:42 AM

Probably makes it regardless.

3RDASYSTEM
01-01-2013, 01:02 AM
Probably makes it regardless.

Exactly, his game was etched in stone, he was back to back scoring champ and carried a ORL franchise on his back

injuries never took away from TMAC's nbagame, just derailed his longevity

that 3-1 blown lead and injuries are really what they remember him for, along with that short span together with YAO

which is crazy because MAGIC had them penciled in for a FINALS or 3 app.(ring), barring ''injury''

envymamba24
01-01-2013, 03:06 AM

My thoughts exactly. Not taking away from the kid, it's just a Little early

TylerSL
01-01-2013, 03:12 AM
He is good enough to become a HoF but it all depends on how successful the Thunder are. Much like Bosh with Miami.

SlimKid
01-01-2013, 04:20 AM
Way too early, but most likely considering the track record (minus Bernard King)..

naps
01-01-2013, 04:40 AM
When it's all over his career will resemble The Glove at best... Penny at worst. I think he gets in.

Taking it too far there IMO. I saw the prime Glove play. The greatest defensive PG and one of the better ball-handlers in the history of the game.

As for HOF it's too early to say it. But the team the Thunder has right now is a winning team. If Westy keeps improving and comes big during the deep playoff runs then I would say he's on his way there.

Kashmir13579
01-01-2013, 05:42 AM
He will burn out and won't be smart enough to adapt. If he can get 2/3 championships in the coming years with OKC he might stand a chance.

Aust
01-01-2013, 06:33 AM
of course

Jesse2272
01-01-2013, 06:37 AM
Hell no ask me again in 5 years

Greedy22
01-01-2013, 06:39 AM
He will burn out and won't be smart enough to adapt. If he can get 2/3 championships in the coming years with OKC he might stand a chance.
This is how I see it too, but I think he lasts until he's about 29-30 as a top guy. Hopefully I'm wrong, kid is a ****in warrior.

Ebbs
01-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Yea at this rate he will be.

sammyvine
01-01-2013, 11:49 AM
the basketball hall of fame is a joke

anybody with 5 all star appearances and decent stats make it. No way is it as prestigious as the baseball and nfl hall of fame.

the hall of fame cut off point after your jordan's and bird's should be players like steve nash/jason kidd. Guys like reggie miller shouldn't be in it.

LongWayFromHome
01-01-2013, 12:18 PM

Dude he's awesome but he's not a "1b." There is no question at all of who is the best on that team.

LongWayFromHome
01-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Taking it too far there IMO. I saw the prime Glove play. The greatest defensive PG and one of the better ball-handlers in the history of the game.

As for HOF it's too early to say it. But the team the Thunder has right now is a winning team. If Westy keeps improving and comes big during the deep playoff runs then I would say he's on his way there.

He said "at best."

RLundi
01-01-2013, 12:40 PM
I guess. They're letting everybody in the hall of fame now.

If he wins a ring with Durant he's practically a shoo-in.

cleptopot
01-01-2013, 02:41 PM

anybody with 5 all star appearances and decent stats make it. No way is it as prestigious as the baseball and nfl hall of fame.

the hall of fame cut off point after your jordan's and bird's should be players like steve nash/jason kidd. Guys like reggie miller shouldn't be in it.
And whats wrong with that?

CaptainClutch
01-01-2013, 03:40 PM
I think he'll be known for holding the ball too much in clutch situations

Chronz
01-01-2013, 04:03 PM

I wish it had that much of a consistent criteria, but they let whoever they feel wins enough

Tony_Starks
01-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Depends on if him and KD stay together long term and if he lets his game evolve.....

tredigs
01-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Dude he's awesome but he's not a "1b." There is no question at all of who is the best on that team.

Haha no discounting that, I know KD's their best player. But when you watch the Thunder, it's pretty tough to consider Westbrook a "#2". #2's don't generally take the most Field Goal attempts and have the highest Usage% on the team. For better or worse, I consider them 1a/b. With KD clearly being the better player. That said, Westbrook still has potential through the roof and is already set for his 3rd All NBA team before the age of 25.

T-mack
01-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Yes. If he keeps improving at this rate, he should be a lock for HOF. It's worth noting the improved assist numbers this season(5.5 last season compared to 8.7), too.