PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn scores 5 points in 3rd quarter

MackShock
12-31-2012, 09:57 PM
Wow.

Thoughts?

JerseyPalahniuk
12-31-2012, 10:00 PM
Thought this was the record. It actually belongs to Dallas (1997) and Golden State (2004) with only 2 points. Denver (2002) and Clippers (1999) managed 3 points each.

Guess Billy King WILL end up trying to find a head coach for the rest of the season haha

OVER/UNDER: 8 pages on this Nets bashing thread bc of DMF and wavey

Raps18-19 Champ
12-31-2012, 10:01 PM
We did that on purpose. We didn't want to waste a lot of energy against an old SAS players that take steroids and PED.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-31-2012, 10:01 PM
Deron Williams is a cancer. It doesnt seem like he cares anymore.

North Yorker
12-31-2012, 10:02 PM
If this doesnt make Phil wanna coach them I dont know what will, after all, Joe Johnson is the key to victory.

netsgiantsyanks
12-31-2012, 10:02 PM
#championship #dwillisasuperstar

kozelkid
12-31-2012, 10:04 PM
Well they are the greatest organization in all of sports. They have Prokhorov after all.

xxplayerxx23
12-31-2012, 10:05 PM
Game thread. Nets just aren't there.deron is hurt and well overrated even when healthy. Lopez is their best player and he's Better off being your 2nd or 3rd on a championship team

GrkGawdofWalkz
12-31-2012, 10:06 PM
They're playing the better team. They will be lucky if they crack 80 points in the game. Such a pathetic showing.

netsgiantsyanks
12-31-2012, 10:06 PM
if he's hurt, then don't play. not like he's helping us at all.

VinceCarter
12-31-2012, 10:07 PM
SO happy I haven't been watching this game....it sounds UGLY! Now time to go celebrate New Years.

PleaseBeNice
12-31-2012, 10:07 PM
deron williams is a stud. also, avery johnson mustve been the problem

xxplayerxx23
12-31-2012, 10:08 PM
He need surgery. No excuse obviously I was just pointing it out. He was always overrated to me anyway

tripleplay2007
12-31-2012, 10:08 PM
Bring in Stan Van Gundy

GrkGawdofWalkz
12-31-2012, 10:10 PM
deron williams is a stud. also, avery johnson mustve been the problem

More like a malcontent and looks miserable. His game tonight was shoddy at best. The Spurs waxed the floor with a pretty decent team. I'm glad.

MackShock
12-31-2012, 10:11 PM
my thoughts were just wow..and this is supposed to be a playoff team..

tredigs
12-31-2012, 10:11 PM
Deron Williams is not a top 10 point guard. Superstar? Yeah, that's gone.

MackShock
12-31-2012, 10:12 PM
ill give them the benefit since it was in san antonio..but still

JerseyPalahniuk
12-31-2012, 10:25 PM
my thoughts were just wow..and this is supposed to be a playoff team..

Still the 7 seed haha

netsgiantsyanks
12-31-2012, 10:27 PM
ima go out on a limb and say they lose by 100 to the thunder on wednesday.

Chill_Will_24
12-31-2012, 10:30 PM
This was a Spurs team that played yesterday too.

heyman321
12-31-2012, 10:31 PM
Nets are back. NETS ARE BACK!!!

netsgiantsyanks
12-31-2012, 10:34 PM
#championshipcaliber

Chill_Will_24
12-31-2012, 10:34 PM
Pick and roll D pick and roll D and PICK AND ROLL D. That is all that happened tonight. That plus getting out hustled to every loose ball and rebound.

Their pick and roll was destroying us. That is not even a fair assessment. They executed it to perfection every single time down the floor. We could not stop it and no coach can fix that.

No way that Phil coaches this mess. They fired Avery but Billy King should have been fired before that. He threw a team together last minute after he got shut out again with his name chasing. He built a team with no shooters and no athletes and no great defenders outside of Wallace who is not that great.

This team is very flawed. I can only imagine what a smart GM would have done with $300 million

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-31-2012, 10:44 PM
lol nets are terrible

Cal827
12-31-2012, 10:46 PM
The Nets are Back!

And Deron Williams can go **** himself.

netsgiantsyanks
12-31-2012, 10:48 PM
lol nets are terrible

you can't judge a team being bad when your team has 10x the talent and a worse record.

:D

knicksfan42
12-31-2012, 10:48 PM
Pick and roll D pick and roll D and PICK AND ROLL D. That is all that happened tonight. That plus getting out hustled to every loose ball and rebound.

Their pick and roll was destroying us. That is not even a fair assessment. They executed it to perfection every single time down the floor. We could not stop it and no coach can fix that.

No way that Phil coaches this mess. They fired Avery but Billy King should have been fired before that. He threw a team together last minute after he got shut out again with his name chasing. He built a team with no shooters and no athletes and no great defenders outside of Wallace who is not that great.

This team is very flawed. I can only imagine what a smart GM would have done with $300 million

Lets be fair here. Who do you think it was that pressured King into throwing a team together last second?

netsgiantsyanks
12-31-2012, 10:50 PM
^is that even a question?

More-Than-Most
12-31-2012, 10:54 PM
Game thread. Nets just aren't there.deron is hurt and well overrated even when healthy. Lopez is their best player and he's Better off being your 2nd or 3rd on a championship team

He has 0 defense and really cant rebound.

netsgiantsyanks
12-31-2012, 10:57 PM

luckily he's one of the best offensive bigs in the game.

MackShock
12-31-2012, 10:57 PM
the nets are back!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-31-2012, 11:01 PM
you can't judge a team being bad when your team has 10x the talent and a worse record.

:D

http://www.salami.li/salami-smile.jpg

More-Than-Most
12-31-2012, 11:04 PM

that would be impressive if offense was the only thing that mattered....Rebounding for a center is a must and oh yea 50 percent of basketball is defense :shrug:

He does neither.

xxplayerxx23
12-31-2012, 11:06 PM

Still can be your 2nd best player on a championship level team. He can score with any big man

More-Than-Most
12-31-2012, 11:06 PM
As a sixer fan who has been burnt by brand...I would rather take a risk and sign Bynum to a max deal then trade for that center. He can score but until he plays defense and rebounds he will never come close to being an elite center.

xxplayerxx23
12-31-2012, 11:07 PM
He is a top 7-10 center

More-Than-Most
12-31-2012, 11:08 PM
Still can be your 2nd best player on a championship level team. He can score with any big man

I say 3rd best player....I just do not understand why he cant rebound regularly or improve his defense.

More-Than-Most
12-31-2012, 11:09 PM
He is a top 7-10 center

Agreed....Elite to me would be Howard/Bynum because they are far better than guys 3-10..... Bynum probably wont even be a sixer next year but when healthy he is 2nd to Howard .

Howard

Bynum

3/10 guys

JerseyPalahniuk
12-31-2012, 11:10 PM
I say 3rd best player....I just do not understand why he cant rebound regularly or improve his defense.

His defense is terrible yes, but he's not doing so bad at rebounding this year. 7.5 boards and 2.4 blocks.

xxplayerxx23
12-31-2012, 11:11 PM

Agreed....Elite to me would be Howard/Bynum because they are far better than guys 3-10..... Bynum probably wont even be a sixer next year but when healthy he is 2nd to Howard .

Howard

Bynum

3/10 guys

Depends on the team. Yeah he has improved defensively but he still isn't good on that side. I agree with the list, gasol is up there but I get what you are saying .

raiderposting
12-31-2012, 11:13 PM
just because he has 2.4 blocks doesn't mean his a good defender. I can post him up and im only 4ft inches 2 75 lbs. im also 9 by the way. is that a good height to weight ratio? im also about 6 inches =down there= is that normal or small?

xxplayerxx23
12-31-2012, 11:15 PM
Lopez would take you to town raider to town!!!!!! I'm glad to have one of the 6-9 centers better then Lopez :D

jimm120
12-31-2012, 11:16 PM
Look...some people here are making the team out to be pure horse ****. Its not.

But Its like I told everyone before the season. You can't expect to go from a 13 win team to a 23 win team to a 50+ win team.

And there in lied the problem. People expected the Nets to be the top NY team (as if the Knicks showing they could play last year under Woodson wasn't enough).

People started saying that they were a top 4 seed, while the Knicks were "still" a #6 seed or so.

I wouldn't have expected the Knicks to be a top 2 seed. To me they've always been a #3-5 seed.

But just goes to show how WRONG people were on viewing these two teams. Nets are a 6-9 seed that'll win 40-45 games, imo. That's a LARGE improvement.

And no, Avery Johnson wasn't the problem. JJ, since signing that contract, just hasn't been the same player. His stats kept falling every year. Deron, since coming to the Nets, just hasn't been in the ELITE PG category (as he was with Paul and Rondo before). 2 1/2 years already.

THOSE are the problems with the Nets. You can't expect JJ to snap out of this. He's a diminishing talent. Think of Rashard Lewis...hopefully JJ doesn't fall to Lewis' levels. So it is on Deron and his shiny new 5 year deal that has to get this talented group going.

They got 2 wins after the avery signing....2 wins against 2 bad teams. They have to start proving themselves. They had a great record to start the season (hell, they even overtook the Knicks for a little bit), but it was on scrub teams. Knicks did it by playing most of their games against great teams.

JerseyPalahniuk
12-31-2012, 11:20 PM
just because he has 2.4 blocks doesn't mean his a good defender. I can post him up and im only 4ft inches 2 75 lbs. im also 9 by the way. is that a good height to weight ratio? im also about 6 inches =down there= is that normal or small?

I didn't say he was a good defender. I started out that comment saying he is a terrible defender.

ChicagoFan4Eva
12-31-2012, 11:21 PM
My bulls lost to a team that lost 18 in a row.. Happy new years :/

JerseyPalahniuk
12-31-2012, 11:21 PM

Again, i said he was a terrible defender in that previous comment. This was a quote i found today (note: BEFORE this awful performance against the spurs).

Lopez has finally begun to use his length to his advantage on a possession-by-possession basis. Firstly, he's blocking a career-high 6.2% of all shots when he's on the floor, good for sixth in the NBA. When he's not blocking shots, Lopez is altering looks all over the floor, and the numbers reflect it.

With Lopez off the floor, the Nets allow opponents to score 16.8 field goals per 36 minutes from within five feet, at a 59% clip, well above the league average. But with Lopez on the court, those numbers change drastically -- just 14.1 field goals per 36 minutes, with opponents shooting 52.1% from within five feet. To put this in perspective, a team that allows 52.1% shooting from within five feet would be the best in the NBA.

The same is true when you extend the floor; teams shoot 43% from the short midrange area with Lopez off the floor, and just 35.7% when he's occupying the paint -- a number that would rank seventh in the NBA.

Cal827
12-31-2012, 11:22 PM
LOL Raider wut?

Sadds The Gr8
12-31-2012, 11:24 PM
When Brook Lopez is your best player, your team won't be very good.

netsgiantsyanks
12-31-2012, 11:25 PM
that would be impressive if offense was the only thing that mattered....Rebounding for a center is a must and oh yea 50 percent of basketball is defense :shrug:

He does neither.

at least he puts in effort unlike deron.

netsgiantsyanks
12-31-2012, 11:26 PM
When Brook Lopez is your best player, your team won't be very good.

when your "superstar" is a underachieving *******, your team won't be very good.

Chill_Will_24
12-31-2012, 11:27 PM
Lets be fair here. Who do you think it was that pressured King into throwing a team together last second?

Ownership of course. Their idiot owner put him under unfair pressure. His target date for winning a title was ridiculous. He put pressure on a bad GM to get Brooklyn off with a winning team. Well they succeed at that. They have a team that can beat all the teams that they are supposed to but lose against the great teams.

This is a playoff filler team.

However BK did a very bad job with it. Prokhorov said win not go get Joe Johnson. A pick and roll league and we lack bigs that can defend it. A league dominated by athleticism and we lack athletes. We lack spot up shooters.

The team is flawed and a great GM would have seen these obvious flaws. Even posters here including myself pointed out how flawed they were defensively before the season started.

That is not the owners fault per say. Sure he put too much pressure on BK but even under heavy pressure a GM should be able to spot such flaws in a roster.

Trade for Nene. Trade for Gerald Green. Sign a legitimate 3pt shooter.

Only realistic way i can see this team getting better. I would trade Lopez for Cousins+Brooks+Thoton+Salmons but that is a different story

KniCks4LiFe
12-31-2012, 11:28 PM
from a 3pt game to a 35 pt. to 5 pt. run. Straight up, either Deron gets traded or they blow it up. BTW King has been a horrible GM. Right now his moves look really really bad. I'm thinking he might be next to be fired.

Chill_Will_24
12-31-2012, 11:30 PM

Cousins is better

Nets fans read too much into Lopez's stats. Let me know when Lopez gets 10 assists in a game.

Matter of fact let me know when Deron gets his first triple double.

Lopez is severely overrated. Severely. He plays well against scrubs bigs and inflates his stats so that Nets fans can say "oh look he is averaging 21pts pre 36mins he is elite offensively"

Chill_Will_24
12-31-2012, 11:32 PM
His defense is terrible yes, but he's not doing so bad at rebounding this year. 7.5 boards and 2.4 blocks.

His rebounding rate says otherwise.

xxplayerxx23
12-31-2012, 11:33 PM
Please cousins right now isn't a better offensive center then lopez

netsgiantsyanks
12-31-2012, 11:36 PM
the guy is acting like i don't watch the games. he is pretty good offensively.

kozelkid
12-31-2012, 11:41 PM
Ownership of course. Their idiot owner put him under unfair pressure. His target date for winning a title was ridiculous. He put pressure on a bad GM to get Brooklyn off with a winning team. Well they succeed at that. They have a team that can beat all the teams that they are supposed to but lose against the great teams.

However BK did a very bad job with it. Prokhorov said win not go get Joe Johnson. A pick and roll league and we lack bigs that can defend it. A league dominated by athleticism and we lack athletes. We lack spot up shooters.

The team is flawed and a great GM would have seen these obvious flaws. Even posters here including myself pointed out how flawed they were defensively before the season started.

That is not the owners fault per say. Sure he put too much pressure on BK but even under heavy pressure a GM should be able to spot such flaws in a roster.

Only realistic way i can see this team getting better. I would trade Lopez for Cousins+Brooks+Thoton+Salmons but that is a different story

In fairness, Billy King had no business having a gm gig after the **** job he did in Philly.

Prok made a mistake trying to gaurantee success in 5 years, especially with a team as empty as the Nets in a league where rebuilding can take as few as 3 to as many as 10. It's a harsh league that is unfortunately driven by star talent.

However, in all seriousness, there are few owners I'd rather have than Prok. He will put his money where his mouth is and cares about winning. The same can't be said for by Bulls where we have great management and coaching in place, but an owner who'd rather treat our team as a small market. :sigh:

Simply said, Prok trusted the wrong guy to make the decisions. He'll learn though. With the right gm in place, a team like the Nets can be very dangerous in the future (unfortunately, it's very much distant at this point with the awful contracts and lack of prospects they currently have in place). He's a guy who cares about winning, while he doesn't appear to meddle in things he knows nothing about (like say Dolan or Jim Buss) and he'll make for a great owner at some point if he doesn't give up (like a Micky Arison).

Bottom line, the situation sucks now but you can't ask for a better owner in my opinion.

jimm120
12-31-2012, 11:41 PM
the guy is acting like i don't watch the games. he is pretty good offensively.

yeah...I'm not a Nets fan and I agree that Lopez is one of those "rare" centers (now-a-days) that has an offensive game that's actually good. There really aren't many.

But still.....

Chill_Will_24
12-31-2012, 11:49 PM
Please cousins right now isn't a better offensive center then lopez

Please yes he is.

Lopez can score his own points in a more efficient manner than Cousins. Lets pretend that Cousins is really this bad and it has nothing to do with the immense offensive load he carries on a bad team with no system in place. Now let's look at what Cousins does better.

Set solid screens, back down his man and power his way to the hole, better on the pick and roll due to his mobility, better ball handler, better passer, better iq, establishes better position down low, and is great on the offensive boards.

Should i go on to defense?

Brook blocks more shots at the rim with his length. Raw BPG is an overrated statistic. Brook does not recover well nor does he challenge as many shots as Cousins who recovers better and is more mobile. Cousins led the league in charges drawn. Cousins uses his quick feet very well and has the tools to be a good pick and roll defender. He disrupts a lot of plays again with his quick hands (the game against the Knicks was won off of one of his many disruptions on D. He was the unheralded hero that night). Cousins is hard to back down and is very strong and tough.

Finally Cousins does not get paid like a superstar.

and that's Jenga...

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 12:01 AM
In fairness, Billy King had no business having a gm gig after the **** job he did in Philly.

Prok made a mistake trying to gaurantee success in 5 years, especially with a team as empty as the Nets in a league where rebuilding can take as few as 3 to as many as 10. It's a harsh league that is unfortunately driven by star talent.

However, in all seriousness, there are few owners I'd rather have than Prok. He will put his money where his mouth is and cares about winning. The same can't be said for by Bulls where we have great management and coaching in place, but an owner who'd rather treat our team as a small market. :sigh:

Simply said, Prok trusted the wrong guy to make the decisions. He'll learn though. With the right gm in place, a team like the Nets can be very dangerous in the future (unfortunately, it's very much distant at this point with the awful contracts and lack of prospects they currently have in place). He's a guy who cares about winning, while he doesn't appear to meddle in things he knows nothing about (like say Dolan or Jim Buss) and he'll make for a great owner at some point if he doesn't give up (like a Micky Arison).

Bottom line, the situation sucks now but you can't ask for a better owner in my opinion.

I agree with you completely.

Prokhorov was asked once whether his lack of NBA knowledge would prevent him from succeeding and he responded by saying he is only signing the checks, not making the decisions.

He literally gave Billy King free reign with his money and BK went and spent $300 million on crap. That is not fault of Prokhorov. He is a very good owner and i am glad we have him.

It's not even like he is losing money. The guy more than doubled his investment on the Nets already. He does not care about money.

I like you, am just disappointed that he trusted such a bad GM to make the basketball decisions. You give a good GM that kind of money and there is no telling how good a team can be.

Ironic part is that had they stayed the course with what they had instead of trading for Deron they might have a better team.

Lillard, Taylor
Brooks, Bogans
D.James, Shengelia
Favors, Nene
Lopez, Kanter

That is a lot of young talent with a lot of flexibility and i am going worst case scenario here. Who is to say without Deron and Wallace they would not have lost more and ended up with Davis or MKG

JerseyPalahniuk
01-01-2013, 12:01 AM
you alright Chill Will? It's okay to be frustrated but you're bashing our players more than Knicks trolls now. Chill, Will. Be patient man. You're a Nets fan. Prokhorov may be in win-now mode but did you really think we would be a top 4 seed this early in the season? Wait till the end of the season, or when we hire a real coach. You saw our potential.

Lakers4life08
01-01-2013, 12:05 AM
so Deron Williams is injured for 3 years???becouse its his 3 year that he playing like garbage....damm give him a gold medal...3 years playing injured,he is true worrior!!!!

strahan92osi72
01-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Please yes he is.

Lopez can score his own points in a more efficient manner than Cousins. Lets pretend that Cousins is really this bad and it has nothing to do with the immense offensive load he carries on a bad team with no system in place. Now let's look at what Cousins does better.

Set solid screens, back down his man and power his way to the hole, better on the pick and roll due to his mobility, better ball handler, better passer, better iq, establishes better position down low, and is great on the offensive boards.

Should i go on to defense?

Brook blocks more shots at the rim with his length. Raw BPG is an overrated statistic. Brook does not recover well nor does he challenge as many shots as Cousins who recovers better and is more mobile. Cousins led the league in charges drawn. Cousins uses his quick feet very well and has the tools to be a good pick and roll defender. He disrupts a lot of plays again with his quick hands (the game against the Knicks was won off of one of his many disruptions on D. He was the unheralded hero that night). Cousins is hard to back down and is very strong and tough.

Finally Cousins does not get paid like a superstar.

and that's Jenga...

Good post. Blocks are an overrated stat, I mean Amare always averaged 2 or more blocks per game but nobody got fooled into calling him a good defender. It boggles my mind how soft Lopez is.

knicksfan42
01-01-2013, 12:07 AM

I think you are pretty much dead on.

I do think King got the biggest names it was feasible for him to get. Which is what I think Proky wanted, even over pieces that might have fit better.

I also think one thing you are overlooking is Deron's piss poor play. No one predicted that. Everyone pretty much thought the trade was good for you guys. So I definitely don't think Williams fizzling out was something King could have foreseen and Williams' play has definitely been a huge contributor to the Nets' mediocrity.

That said, the worst thing for you guys is the lack of flexibility. In four seasons you have four guys making 72 million. None of which are easily moveable. I guess maybe Williams, but you guys would have to move him now and you would most likely receive something worse for him. I do like your Lopez for Cousins and Thornton trade idea for you guys. Cousins is extremely talented he is just a complete sociopath. By that I mean he is a Nate Robinson, Jr Smith, Anthony Randolph type. He does pretty much does whatever the **** he wants. Plays with no inhibitions; however, if you could get a coach who can reign him in you have a potential top 1-3 center on your hands. For you guys its definitely a gamble I would take.

netsgiantsyanks
01-01-2013, 12:09 AM
too bad it would never happen. lopez is going absolutely nowhere. i like him, but for a player like cousins, i would have to bid farewell.

Vincent33
Better than scoring zero points. They can build on this!

strahan92osi72
you alright Chill Will? It's okay to be frustrated but you're bashing our players more than Knicks trolls now. Chill, Will. Be patient man. You're a Nets fan. Prokhorov may be in win-now mode but did you really think we would be a top 4 seed this early in the season? Wait till the end of the season, or when we hire a real coach. You saw our potential.

He sees the forest through the trees unlike most of you Net fans. Everybody who knows a little basketball knows that JJ is fools gold, he's got the worst contract in the game and has played like an average player for quite some time. Also, Deron hasn't been a star for 3 years. His better days are clearly behind him. At first it was probably the system, now he just looks dazed and confused. Could very well be Marbury 2.0. It's gonna take a lot more than a new coach to get your team anywhere close to serious contention.

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 12:10 AM

Do not patronize me. The Nets have been preaching patience since Kidd left.

I should turn it around on you actually. It's ok to be optimistic but it's not ok to be a homer and be delusional.

Instead tell me what you disagree with. I would take Cousins on this team 100 times before i take Lopez. Cousins is a better player.

strahan92osi72
01-01-2013, 12:12 AM

I do think King got the biggest names it was feasible for him to get. Which is what I think Proky wanted, even over pieces that might have fit better.

I also think one thing you are overlooking is Deron's piss poor play. No one predicted that. Everyone pretty much thought the trade was good for you guys. So I definitely don't think Williams fizzling out was something King could have foreseen and Williams' play has definitely been a huge contributor to the Nets' mediocrity.

That said, the worst thing for you guys is the lack of flexibility. In four seasons you have four guys making 72 million. None of which are easily moveable. I guess maybe Williams, but you guys would have to move him now and you would most likely receive something worse for him. I do like your Lopez for Cousins and Thornton trade idea for you guys. Cousins is extremely talented he is just a complete sociopath. By that I mean he is a Nate Robinson, Jr Smith, Anthony Randolph type. He does pretty much does whatever the **** he wants. Plays with no inhibitions; however, if you could get a coach who can reign him in you have a potential top 1-3 center on your hands. For you guys its definitely a gamble I would take.

Believe it or not, a Lopez/Brooks for Cousins/Thornton deal could very well work. The Nets would have a nice new foundation to build on and it frees up some money.

knicksfan42
01-01-2013, 12:12 AM
I also wanted to add that, as I've said in the other thread. A long term rebuild is not an option for the Nets anymore, they're in Brooklyn now.

xxplayerxx23
01-01-2013, 12:13 AM
We are talking right this second and Lopez is the better scorer

netsgiantsyanks
01-01-2013, 12:13 AM
Believe it or not, a Lopez/Brooks for Cousins/Thornton deal could very well work. The Nets would have a nice new foundation to build on and it frees up some money.

too bad it'll never happen.

netsgiantsyanks
01-01-2013, 12:14 AM
you know what would suck? if the nets snag cousins and he ends up going completely overboard mentally. wouldn't that be a *****?

knicksfan42
01-01-2013, 12:15 AM

I definitely think the trade is feasible because of Lopez's stock being at an all time high right now and Cousins stock being at an all time low.

strahan92osi72
01-01-2013, 12:15 AM
I also wanted to add that, as I've said in the other thread. A long term rebuild is not an option for the Nets anymore, they're in Brooklyn now.

D-Will was a panic move in response to the Knicks winning the Melo sweepstakes. They say some of the best trades are ones that aren't made. If the Nets were more patient they would probably have been able to add some nice young players the last couple of years and would probably have a solid young and athletic team with a flexible salary cap. Proky just couldn't be patient at all and now he's paying for it.

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 12:16 AM

I cannot disagree there. It was always a question of whether Deron made the Sloan system work or whether Sloan made Deron the PG he was. I think we know the answer to this now.

The problem is that even NOW the Nets are gonna try and get Phil (will not happen) when they should be focusing on Sloan who did not shjoot the idea down when asked about it.

Sloan made Deron into a top 2 pg (the guy you just payed superstar money to) and you are gonna go and get Phil!? The Triangle?! Seriously? What the hell is wrong with this team? They do everything *** backwards.

Jets012
01-01-2013, 12:18 AM
Lopez is still criminally underrated on this site I see. Now I know he has been "soft" in past years, but he is a completely different player this year and I am shocked some of the Nets fans don't see that. DWill is playing like garbage, JJ hasn't been much better. We are only 16-15 due to Lopez. Take a look at his stats PER 36 minutes:

22.7 9.1 0.9 0.6 2.9 1.8

Guy is averaging 9 rebounds per 36 minutes, that's better than A LOT of centers. Blocks might be overrated, but they shouldn't be looked down upon. Averaging 3 blocks per 36 minutes is great. Add in the fact that his DRTG is a career high, WS/48 is a career high, BLK% his a career high, and is PER is a career high and he has played like a top 5 center EASILY. Only centers I would take over him right now are Howard, Chandler, and maybe Marc Gasol.

But he still gets under appreciated on this site. Move on he is the only reason they are over .500 right now.

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 12:19 AM

It would have to be Cousins and Salmons. Although i would love Thorton.

strahan92osi72
01-01-2013, 12:20 AM
I cannot disagree there. It was always a question of whether Deron made the Sloan system work or whether Sloan made Deron the PG he was. I think we know the answer to this now.

The problem is that even NOW the Nets are gonna try and get Phil (will not happen) when they should be focusing on Sloan who did not shjoot the idea down when asked about it.

Sloan made Deron into a top 2 pg (the guy you just payed superstar money to) and you are gonna go and get Phil!? The Triangle?! Seriously? What the hell is wrong with this team? They do everything *** backwards.

Proky's obsessed with names, and as far as coaches go, there aren't many names bigger than Phil Jackson. Phil's triangle may help JJ, but I do not see Deron being helped at all. If anything, he will become more of an outcast in the offense. Phil would be a great add, but for the team as a whole, not necessarily for Deron. Which, would likely cause a circus. If Sloan is willing to bury the hatchet, it should be a no-brainer to get Sloan and Deron reunited.

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 12:23 AM
We are talking right this second and Lopez is the better scorer

Your original comment was that Lopez was a better offensive player. That is vastly different than saying Lopez is the better scorer. Get your story straight.

Either way i will take the better offensive player than the guy who simply scores more points. Would you take Durant or Melo right now over Lebron? Do not be silly.

Cousins does much more for a team than Lopez.

strahan92osi72
01-01-2013, 12:24 AM
It would have to be Cousins and Salmons. Although i would love Thorton.

True, but I still think that trade is a no brainer. I would hate to see Cousins join Humph and Blatche in the paint. Plus Salmons has always impressed me defensively. He would make Melo really work for his shots when playing the Knicks.

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 12:25 AM
you know what would suck? if the nets snag cousins and he ends up going completely overboard mentally. wouldn't that be a *****?

You know what would suck? The Nets continuing to turn the ball over because Lopez cannot pass or handle contact. Lopez taking ugly shots when he feels contact and trying to score through three guys. Us continuing to fail at defending the PnR.

I pray that the Celtics do not get Cousins because that team is exactly the type of team Cousins would explode into top 2 C status with

knicksfan42
01-01-2013, 12:25 AM

We've disagreed about this in the past, I still think that Brooklyn would be the last place Sloan would want to coach due to his "disagreements" with Williams. I also think that at 70 and 23 years of coaching the Jazz he has no interest in going back to coaching in general.

Phil on the other hand is a drama queen, who loves the attention. I don't think he'll coach the Nets anyways though.

Also what strahan said about proky being obsessed with names.

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 12:26 AM
I definitely think the trade is feasible because of Lopez's stock being at an all time high right now and Cousins stock being at an all time low.

This. The problem is that the Nets love Lopez. Their Gm is too stupid to realize the benefits in trading Lopez right now.

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 12:31 AM
We've disagreed about this in the past, I still think that Brooklyn would be the last place Sloan would want to coach due to his "disagreements" with Williams. I also think that at 70 and 23 years of coaching the Jazz he has no interest in going back to coaching in general.

Phil on the other hand is a drama queen, who loves the attention. I don't think he'll coach the Nets anyways though.

Your disagreement with me is due to the fact that you believe the speculation that it was Deron that got Sloan fired. However this has been denied by both parties and if you read between the lines of articles leading to this rift between them you will see that Sloan was having serious issues with the new management of the Jazz. He was on his last straw. The argument with Deron and managements refusal to get his back was just the last straw for him.

He was given a chance to deny interest in the Nets coaching position after Avery was fired and he did not. Instead he answered that he wants to coach again.

That is enough to suggest he would be open. He could have simply shut them down right off the bat like SVG did.

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 12:34 AM
Lopez is still criminally underrated on this site I see. Now I know he has been "soft" in past years, but he is a completely different player this year and I am shocked some of the Nets fans don't see that. DWill is playing like garbage, JJ hasn't been much better. We are only 16-15 due to Lopez. Take a look at his stats PER 36 minutes:

22.7 9.1 0.9 0.6 2.9 1.8

Guy is averaging 9 rebounds per 36 minutes, that's better than A LOT of centers. Blocks might be overrated, but they shouldn't be looked down upon. Averaging 3 blocks per 36 minutes is great. Add in the fact that his DRTG is a career high, WS/48 is a career high, BLK% his a career high, and is PER is a career high and he has played like a top 5 center EASILY. Only centers I would take over him right now are Howard, Chandler, and maybe Marc Gasol.

But he still gets under appreciated on this site. Move on he is the only reason they are over .500 right now.

None of these stats mean anything nor do they show his impact in games. I have watched ever game and can say that those stats are overrated. He had huge games vs scrubs and mediocre ones against good big men. Even when he had good stats vs good bigs like vs LAL he did so in ver soft and unimpactful fashion. Basically he was outplayed even when he posted the better stats.

He is so easy to take out of his game.

xxplayerxx23
01-01-2013, 12:39 AM
Your original comment was that Lopez was a better offensive player. That is vastly different than saying Lopez is the better scorer. Get your story straight.

Either way i will take the better offensive player than the guy who simply scores more points. Would you take Durant or Melo right now over Lebron? Do not be silly.

Right now he is. Cousins is very inefficent for a big man. Lopez is the better scorer, and its not like Cousins is a good defender. Right now no future in this post Lopez is the better offensive player. Melo and Durant are better offensive players then Lebron, does that mean Id take either over Lebron hell no, but that doesn't take away the fact that there better at that one part of the game.

DoMeFavors
01-01-2013, 12:40 AM
Love how nobody mentions this is a new coach its going to be an adjustment especially against one of the best teams in the league, and Nets were without a starter.

xxplayerxx23
01-01-2013, 12:44 AM
:laugh:

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 12:53 AM
Right now he is. Cousins is very inefficent for a big man. Lopez is the better scorer, and its not like Cousins is a good defender. Right now no future in this post Lopez is the better offensive player. Melo and Durant are better offensive players then Lebron, does that mean Id take either over Lebron hell no, but that doesn't take away the fact that there better at that one part of the game.

I have already addressed your points. It's insulting that you would just dismiss it and just make the same dumb point again.

There is more to offense than ppg. If you cannot see this then idk what to tell you.

DoMeFavors
01-01-2013, 12:53 AM
A loss is a loss it doesnt matter if a team loses by 1 point or losses by a 100 its all the same.

xxplayerxx23
01-01-2013, 12:56 AM
[QUOTE=Chill_Will_24;24928674]I have already addressed your points. It's insulting that you would just dismiss it and just make the same dumb point again.

There is more to offense than ppg. If you cannot see this then idk what to tell you.[/QUOTE

Explain? I see Lopez is the better scorer, the more efficent offensive player, you addressed my points with nothing. I get it your angry, but please explain where Cousins is better on the offensive side?

KingsOfQueens
01-01-2013, 12:59 AM
A loss is a loss it doesnt matter if a team loses by 1 point or losses by a 100 its all the same.

You would know a lot about losses.

c.c.
01-01-2013, 01:07 AM
No post season I'm assuming

DoMeFavors
01-01-2013, 01:07 AM
You would know a lot about losses.

I would also know a lot about playoff wins recently, 45 in last 10 years compared to your 1.

xxplayerxx23
01-01-2013, 01:09 AM
How many championships do the nets have DMf?

KingsOfQueens
01-01-2013, 01:09 AM
I would also know a lot about playoff wins recently, 45 in last 10 years compared to your 1.

And 0 NBA championships!

waveycrockett
01-01-2013, 01:11 AM
And 0 NBA championships!

Your throwing the Knicks failure in our face? ok You guys claim to be the mecca of basketball LOL

DoMeFavors
01-01-2013, 01:12 AM
How many championships do the nets have DMf?

We'll take the ABA championships

knicksfan42
01-01-2013, 01:13 AM

10 years is recent? Nope sorry its not. Unless of course I call any number of years recent, in which case Knicks have a **** ton more wins in the last 25 than the Nets.

KingsOfQueens
01-01-2013, 01:13 AM
Your throwing the Knicks failure in our face? ok You guys claim to be the mecca of basketball LOL

No. :confused:

The 0 NBA championships comment was referring to the Nets. Don't know your own team? :laugh:

And its funny, because its always people from other cities who say MSG is the Mecca of basketball.

Nice try, troll.

knicksfan42
01-01-2013, 01:14 AM

D-League championships too.

waveycrockett

You've been hating on Lopez for years now so this is no shock but to just to make it clear

Cousins is inefficient, dumb, lazy, low bball IQ, locker room cancer, black hole on on offense. Lopez>>>Cousins

KingsOfQueens

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

waveycrockett
01-01-2013, 01:15 AM
se its always people from other cities who say MSG is the Mecca of basketball.

Nice try, troll.

No when you turn on MSG they say it. Knicks rep that. Nobody refers to the NY as the "mecca" off anything other than a horrible franchise.

xxplayerxx23
01-01-2013, 01:16 AM
You've been hating on Lopez for years now so this is no shock but to just to make it clear

Cousins is inefficient, dumb, lazy, low bball IQ, locker room cancer, black hole on on offense. Lopez>>>Cousins

Cousins will be the better player very soon but for now I agree with lope being the better offensive player. Cousins kills him on the boards though

KingsOfQueens
No when you turn on MSG they say it. Knicks rep that. Nobody refers to the NY as the "mecca" off anything other than a horrible franchise.

Lol k.

waveycrockett
Lol k.

kk :)

xxplayerxx23
01-01-2013, 01:17 AM
Lol net fan calling the Knicks a horrible Franchise lol

waveycrockett
01-01-2013, 01:17 AM
Cousins will be the better player very soon but for now I agree with lope being the better offensive player. Cousins kills him on the boards though

Cousins will be out of the league soon if he keeps this up. He is turning into Delonte West 2.0

waveycrockett
01-01-2013, 01:18 AM
Lol net fan calling the Knicks a horrible Franchise lol

2 NBA finals in the past 10 years. Thats something to hang your hat on unlike ONE playoff win.

xxplayerxx23
01-01-2013, 01:19 AM
Cousins will be out of the league soon if he keeps this up. He is turning into Delonte West 2.0

Not a chance. West never had the talent cousins does

KingsOfQueens
01-01-2013, 01:19 AM
"I always wanted to go to Madison Square Garden, see the Knicks play"

-Jackie Chan at the end of Rush Hour 2.

Him and Chris Tucker end an amazing movie by going to watch the Knicks.

Enough said. :D

xxplayerxx23
01-01-2013, 01:20 AM
2 NBA finals in the past 10 years. Thats something to hang your hat on unlike ONE playoff win.

10 years lol how many championships do you guys have? Because I'm pretty sure we have 2 and you have 0 and I'm pretty sure your 16-15? And were 21-9 lol

KingsOfQueens
01-01-2013, 01:20 AM

You're a Mets fan. Don't you hate when Yankee fans pull that "27 championships" BS. Well you're doing that now. And not even. Cause they're not even championships. LOL.

DoMeFavors
01-01-2013, 01:22 AM

My home girl and Common did their thing in Just Wright a movie about the Nets.

xxplayerxx23
01-01-2013, 01:23 AM
:laugh:

KingsOfQueens
01-01-2013, 01:25 AM
my home girl and common did their thing in just wright a movie about the nets.

Lmao!

DoMeFavors
01-01-2013, 01:25 AM
10 years lol how many championships do you guys have? Because I'm pretty sure we have 2 and you have 0 and I'm pretty sure your 16-15? And were 21-9 lol

The Miami Heat have the same amount of titles as the Knicks in the last 6 years. Just can change anything. I bet you that in the next 10 years nets will have alteast 3 championships.

KingsOfQueens
01-01-2013, 01:27 AM
The Miami Heat have the same amount of titles as the Knicks in the last 6 years. Just can change anything. I bet you that in the next 10 years nets will have alteast 3 championships.

Okay and if they don't then you gotta Do PSD a Favor and delete your account.

xxplayerxx23

Your point? :laugh: 3 championships

waveycrockett
You're a Mets fan. Don't you hate when Yankee fans pull that "27 championships" BS. Well you're doing that now. And not even. Cause they're not even championships. LOL.

No. Why would I? They are a hands down better franchise.

netsgiantsyanks
i'm done.

KingsOfQueens
01-01-2013, 01:28 AM

Just like the Knicks are to the Nets. And its not even a debate.

waveycrockett
01-01-2013, 01:36 AM

lmao your delusional if you think

Knicks/Nets

is anything like

Yanks/Mets

you guys won some chips back when games were played in technicolor. Go on brush ya shoulders off.

DoMeFavors
01-01-2013, 01:37 AM

post season wins recently dont back that up

oak2455
01-01-2013, 01:42 AM
Wow 5 pts that's crazy ..... It's a long season ...guess PJ got choked again.... They'll be ok though ...just shows you how tough them Spurs are...... Happy New Year guys.. Be safe !!!!

waveycrockett
01-01-2013, 01:47 AM
Wow 5 pts that's crazy ..... It's a long season ...guess PJ got choked again.... They'll be ok though ...just shows you how tough them Spurs are...... Happy New Year guys.. Be safe !!!!

you too OLD MAN !!!

seikou8
01-01-2013, 01:48 AM
imao the last 2 pages

seikou8
01-01-2013, 01:50 AM
post season wins recently dont back that up

wel the nets havent done anything last three seasons

oak2455
01-01-2013, 02:07 AM
you too OLD MAN !!!

Grammar.... Hmmmm, Does that even make sense ? Nope :clap: OLD ? who ? Enjoy the season :D

WAYNEBO
01-01-2013, 02:08 AM

The fricken Stooges are out in full force!! Defend that 5pt quarter till your bungholes bleed!!!! Sorry @$$ franchise with sorry @$$ trolls.

oak2455
01-01-2013, 02:09 AM
wel the nets havent done anything last three seasons
:eyebrow:

oak2455
01-01-2013, 02:11 AM
Listen I came ....seen its a mess in this forum like always ..sad

seikou8
01-01-2013, 02:11 AM
:eyebrow:

sorry oak they havent done nothing forever

oak2455
01-01-2013, 02:14 AM
sorry oak they havent done nothing forever

I know I think it's funny it's like me saying the Cowboys have been great or will be ......False:D

seikou8
01-01-2013, 02:19 AM
I know I think it's funny it's like me saying the Cowboys have been great or will be ......False:D

dallas need romo to romo in big games and then avoid injuries they could beat alot of nfc next season giants :D

oak2455
01-01-2013, 02:23 AM
dallas need romo to romo in big games and then avoid injuries they could beat alot of nfc next season giants :D

I always thought they have talent but they lack two things a good coach and like you said Romo needs to step up with no more excuses.... I personally don't think he has that"it"factor to win the big game :(

Rosh
01-01-2013, 02:23 AM
Deron was reported saying that he preferred the freedom of Avery's offense as opposed to Carlesimo's.

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 02:25 AM
[QUOTE=Chill_Will_24;24928674]I have already addressed your points. It's insulting that you would just dismiss it and just make the same dumb point again.

There is more to offense than ppg. If you cannot see this then idk what to tell you.[/QUOTE

Explain? I see Lopez is the better scorer, the more efficent offensive player, you addressed my points with nothing. I get it your angry, but please explain where Cousins is better on the offensive side?

oak2455
01-01-2013, 02:27 AM
Deron was reported saying that he preferred the freedom of Avery's offense as opposed to Carlesimo's.

Comedy what's next ? These athletes with excuse after excuse

WAYNEBO
01-01-2013, 02:29 AM
Wavey and DMF are the ultimate idiot trolls. Claiming ABA champsionships, 2 losing finals and that the Mets are a better franchise than the Yankees.

Do you 12yo Snookis actually believe that if you post your stupid nonsense then you might actually make it true and factual? '***** of epic proportions.

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 02:32 AM

You're an idiot. Only idiots use the term "hater" or any variation of it.

Cousins is dumb and has low basketball iq? What evidence do you have of this? Is it the fact that he led the league in charges drawn? Maybe the fact that he is always disrupting plays with quick hands.

He is a black hole on offense that just got a triple double. Tell me when Deron Williams gets his first one. Also Lopez averages like 0.3 assists. You really wanna talk black holes.

Literally the only thing Lopez does better is get his own points in an efficient manner on a better team.

BTW we are discussing offense here. Speculative terms like locker room cancer have no meaning in this discussion.

If you cannot keep up with the conversation, best stay out of it.

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 02:34 AM

End of Godzilla. Movie ends with MSG getting blown up :cool:

waveycrockett
01-01-2013, 02:38 AM
Wavey and DMF are the ultimate idiot trolls. Claiming ABA champsionships, 2 losing finals and that the Mets are a better franchise than the Yankees.

Do you 12yo Snookis actually believe that if you post your stupid nonsense then you might actually make it true and factual? '***** of epic proportions.

wtf? Your reading comprehension makes Snooki look like a pulitzer prize winner.

waveycrockett
01-01-2013, 02:43 AM
Cousins is dumb and has low basketball iq? What evidence do you have of this? Is it the fact that he led the league in charges drawn? Maybe the fact that he is always disrupting plays with quick hands.
Maybe because all he does is take jump shots from 15 feet out and bricks them yet wont stop taking them. Definition of insanity.

He is a black hole on offense that just got a triple double. Tell me when Deron Williams gets his first one. Also Lopez averages like 0.3 assists. You really wanna talk black holes.

Point Being? Once upon a time Ricky Davis notched a triple a double. One of the most selfish players on the planet.

Speculative terms like locker room cancer have no meaning in this discussion.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH

oak2455
01-01-2013, 02:48 AM
You're an idiot. Only idiots use the term "hater" or any variation of it.

Literally the only thing Lopez does better is get his own points in an efficient manner on a better team.

BTW we are discussing offense here. Speculative terms like locker room cancer have no meaning in this discussion.

If you cannot keep up with the conversation, best stay out of it.

Remember you told me to know better than this? Lets just iggy these two for good ..... Have a Good night Will

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 02:50 AM
Maybe because all he does is take jump shots from 15 feet out and bricks them yet wont stop taking them. Definition of insanity.

Point Being? Once upon a time Ricky Davis notched a triple a double. One of the most selfish players on the planet.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH

You realize only 32% of his shots are assisted on? The guy literally has never played in the NBA with a legit playmaker or a great system. Time will tell even idiots like you.

I hope he goes to the Rockets or Celtics so he can show what he can do when the burden is not on him. Lopez is so overrated by Nets fans it's ridiculous.

DrDre94
01-01-2013, 02:51 AM
Just read the nonsense these guys posted. Honestly, it's really not worth it to continue arguing with these trolls.

Nets fans have no right to be talking smack considering their current situation, yet many still do. :facepalm: They should be happy that they are "somewhat" relevant now because the last two years were pretty ******.

In my opinion, the Nets can be good in the future, but it's evident that they still need a few more pieces. I don't think they have enough to compete with the elite teams like the Heat, Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies, Bulls (w/ Rose), Lakers, and Knicks.

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 02:51 AM
Remember you told me to know better than this? Lets just iggy these two for good ..... Have a Good night Will

You are right. I'll block him now i was just being lazy.

You two man. Happy new years.

oak2455
01-01-2013, 02:54 AM

New Years resolution block you know who:D lol be safe .... Btw a new coach fixes this mess, kicks some egos in check... Happy to you too

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 02:58 AM
New Years resolution block you know who:D lol be safe .... Btw a new coach fixes this mess, kicks some egos in check... Happy to you too

I agree i just disagree that it's Jackson. I do not think he will be a good fit. He would hate our bigs right off the bat.

I think they should go for Sloan since that's who Deron beasted with but what do i know.

oak2455
01-01-2013, 03:00 AM
I agree i just disagree that it's Jackson. I do not think he will be a good fit. He would hate our bigs right off the bat.

I think they should go for Sloan since that's who Deron beasted with but what do i know.

I hope Sloan comes in .....I agree on Jax he's not the guy.... JVG ? He's not bad either

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 03:04 AM
I hope Sloan comes in .....I agree on Jax he's not the guy.... JVG ? He's not bad either

I like JVG. A lot actually but he plays at such a similar style to Avery which is that slow grind it out style that so hurts Deron. I think unlike Avery though JVG would be a good enough coach to figure out a way to incorporate Deron in a more effective way on offense. Deron is a read and react guy. He is not a grind it out PG

ohreally
01-01-2013, 03:07 AM

True, if the 30 is an aberration, but from everything we've been seeing from the Nets for the past 14 game orzo, this is no an abberation. Losing by 30 occasionally due to th fact that it's no a defensive team and offense deserts sometimes, OK. But other than Lopez this offs has been horrid and Thre refer too many games where Deron barely has any assists. The ship be sinking. Have to face facts at this point. And have to wonder how it turns around.

I still say Phil Weber a the only hope for freeing up thoffnse this year. But honestly, 5 points in a quarter from this team says a lot about the mental makeup of the team, and there isn't a lot to do about it.

DMC would be a disaster. Potential means next to nothing when you've already proved yourself a head case.

waveycrockett
01-01-2013, 03:17 AM

THaNK GOD!!

naps
01-01-2013, 04:04 AM
My goodness! It's pretty hard to believe Deron Williams used to be neck to neck with CP3 once upon a time. How can someone fall off that much when he's supposed to be in his prime? Can you imagine how much better the Nets would be if he was the same Deron we used to know in his Utah days? I guess he realizes now karma is a ***** since he got such a classy coach Sloan fired!

bklynny67
01-01-2013, 04:05 AM
#championshipcaliber

OH MY GOD STOP BEING A LAME *** WITH THE STUPID TWITTER REFERENCES ON PSD!

Geez

Aust
01-01-2013, 06:17 AM
Someone inform DMF that when he said everyone in his starting lineup could score 20/night he actually meant the entire team :laugh2:

Jesse2272
01-01-2013, 06:19 AM
Chill this season is lost as far as chip aspirations but your coach is gone

new life brother

Dwill needs to find something and its on if he does WTF is up with him?

happy new year

RLundi
01-01-2013, 08:59 AM
Just an embarrassing showing from a 'playoff' team.

Proky wanted to win a ring in 5 years, he needs to blow it up and start over. Relegate JJ to the bench -- forget how much he's making -- and start Brooks. Bring in SVG or JVG NOW, forget next season. Hopefully that'll shake D-Will up. Billy King needs to have some balls and tell Proky to fade into the background and let him do his job. They aren't the Yankees with Steinbrenner, never will be. Back up Prokorov.

jimm120
01-01-2013, 09:51 AM
People are putting this team down way too much. The Nets ARE a good team. Just not that championship level team. They've gone from a 13 win team to a 20-something win team. You don't increase from a 20 win team to a 60 win team overnight. They should be a low 40's win team, imo.

They have a good team. Lopez sucks at defense but he IS gifted offensively. They have a lot of good role players. The main reason they're losing is Joe Johnson and Deron Williams.

JJ...well, you can't blame him. SINCE he signed that contract, he's gone downhill. What were the Nets expecting of him? To play like he did in Atlanta during 2008/2009? No way. He's aging and his performance has been taking hits for a long time...and that was while being "the man".

Deron...well, the signs were there. He just hasn't been good with the Nets.

Those two players pick it up, and DERON mostly, since you can't expect JJ to, and the Nets will be a good team.

I feel bad for Avery. He was a good coach, imo.

nycericanguy
01-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Ironic part is that had they stayed the course with what they had instead of trading for Deron they might have a better team.

The deron trade they had to make, but the Gerald wallace thing still baffles me...

trading away a lottery pick for a guy they could have just signed outright, if the Nets had offered 4/40m Wallace would have come running to BK... no team in their right mind was going to offer that.

Nets could really use an influx of young talent that they could have had with that #6 pick. Because this is BK's year, next year JJ & Wallace will be even worse and will be making 30m combined... for two guys who's PER suggests they are not even average players.

jimm120
01-01-2013, 10:07 AM
The deron trade they had to make, but the Gerald wallace thing still baffles me...

trading away a lottery pick for a guy they could have just signed outright, if the Nets had offered 4/40m Wallace would have come running to BK... no team in their right mind was going to offer that.

Nets could really use an influx of young talent that they could have had with that #6 pick. Because this is BK's year, next year JJ & Wallace will be even worse and will be making 30m combined... for two guys who's PER suggests they are not even average players.

hahahha lol. Yeah, I guess. 4/40 is a HUGE number...Wallace would have gone to the Nets definitely no matter what.

But remember, it was about showing Deron that with a somewhat good team, they'd be able to win (and thus convincing Deron to stay). Of course, Nets still sucked after the wallace trade too.

nycericanguy
01-01-2013, 10:11 AM
hahahha lol. Yeah, I guess. 4/40 is a HUGE number...Wallace would have gone to the Nets definitely no matter what.

But remember, it was about showing Deron that with a somewhat good team, they'd be able to win (and thus convincing Deron to stay). Of course, Nets still sucked after the wallace trade too.

well that was another mistake, bending over backwards for Deron when all Deron did was moan and complain and throw his teammates under the bus instead of looking in the mirror.

ORL tried to do that for Howard and look how it turned out.

Gotta respect UTAH for the way they handled Deron, they just immediately shipped him out, didn't let one player run an organization.

Mr.ATLHawks
01-01-2013, 10:23 AM
On a side note isn't Mark Cuban probably thanking the basketball gods for not being stuck with Deron Williams now??? I guess he isn't looking so dumb now..for not showing up to meet him.

netsgiantsyanks
01-01-2013, 11:44 AM
OH MY GOD STOP BEING A LAME *** WITH THE STUPID TWITTER REFERENCES ON PSD!

Geez

no.

JerseyPalahniuk
01-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Do not patronize me. The Nets have been preaching patience since Kidd left.

I should turn it around on you actually. It's ok to be optimistic but it's not ok to be a homer and be delusional.

Instead tell me what you disagree with. I would take Cousins on this team 100 times before i take Lopez. Cousins is a better player.

I am not a homer and I am not delusional. I may be optimistic, but that has more to do with how i view life than how I view the Nets franchise.

faze38
01-01-2013, 12:12 PM

Howard

Bynum

3/10 guys

That Howard and Bynum gap is looking much smaller by the game. I mean Bynum looked a hell of a lot better with that Laker roster the Howard is looking now and he didn't have one of the greatest PGs of all time running the show!

faze38
01-01-2013, 12:14 PM
The Nets are officially bums now how in the world do u let that happen with everyone playing. D-Will needs the motion offense and surgery asap!

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Chill this season is lost as far as chip aspirations but your coach is gone

new life brother

Dwill needs to find something and its on if he does WTF is up with him?

happy new year

I am close to calling it quits on this franchise anyway. It's been a long 17 years and i can think of better ways to invest my money.

DWill was never the problem. I cannot blame him for taking the money nor for failing to be what people though he was. He was never on Paul's level. He is a system player. We are just now realizing. Which is why it's baffling that the Nets are again chasing dreams with Phil instead of targeting Sloan who made Deron a star

This franchise is truly inept

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 01:01 PM
People are putting this team down way too much. The Nets ARE a good team. Just not that championship level team. They've gone from a 13 win team to a 20-something win team. You don't increase from a 20 win team to a 60 win team overnight. They should be a low 40's win team, imo.

They have a good team. Lopez sucks at defense but he IS gifted offensively. They have a lot of good role players. The main reason they're losing is Joe Johnson and Deron Williams.

JJ...well, you can't blame him. SINCE he signed that contract, he's gone downhill. What were the Nets expecting of him? To play like he did in Atlanta during 2008/2009? No way. He's aging and his performance has been taking hits for a long time...and that was while being "the man".

Deron...well, the signs were there. He just hasn't been good with the Nets.

Those two players pick it up, and DERON mostly, since you can't expect JJ to, and the Nets will be a good team.

I feel bad for Avery. He was a good coach, imo.

He was not

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 01:03 PM

Some protections on it would have been ideal imo. I like the Wallace trade because he is the glue that holds this team together. He is a country boy fisher that hates the city. He would never have signed here. We did overpay for him but what's new with Billy King.

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 01:03 PM

False.

2-ONE-5
01-01-2013, 01:04 PM
my god the Nets cant shoot to save their lives.

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 01:12 PM
I am not a homer and I am not delusional. I may be optimistic, but that has more to do with how i view life than how I view the Nets franchise.

Sports and life are two different things. This is entertainment. Nothing more. Nothing wrong with being objective when it comes to sports. Optimism does absolutely nothing for your team because you have no control over the situation. You are a spectator.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing your team it is justified. The Nets have gone from bad to worse. You just would not know it from their record.

Before all this star chasing they had a plan and a vision. They had Favors, Lopez, Harris who is still good, and flexibility. They had Kanter and a high HOU pick to work with. Without Deron they might have Davis or MKG or Barnes. Possibly Nene since he wanted to sign here.

They went star chasing so that Brooklyn could have a shiny team. They failed. They put out a severely flawed roster. Now they have ONE TRADE left. ONE! That is Kris Humphries... and while Nets fans are "optimistic" that his contract + Brooks will be enough to get Millsap or Varejao, us "pessimistic" fans would love for them to take the risk with Nene who when healthy could improve their team just as much if not more. Instead watch as BK trades for Boozer somehow.

GiantsSwaGG
01-01-2013, 01:31 PM

Didn't they get embarrassed in both finals :laugh:

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Didn't they get embarrassed in both finals :laugh:

By Shaq and Kobe and the Spurs in their prime. Nuff said.

CaptainClutch
01-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Did anyone just bash Billy King @BKDefend on Twitter? If not, please do so this guy doesn't embarrass himself again with Ian O'Connor on ESPN NY 98.7 FM and say "PJ's our Coach" :facepalm:

nycericanguy
01-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Some protections on it would have been ideal imo. I like the Wallace trade because he is the glue that holds this team together. He is a country boy fisher that hates the city. He would never have signed here. We did overpay for him but what's new with Billy King.

He was an URFA and chose to sign in BK... money talks.

He knew no one was going to offer 4/40m so he took it, do you really think it was the experience of playing 13 games on a horrible team that made him resign? Or did he have 40m other reasons?

CaptainClutch
01-01-2013, 03:46 PM

He knew no one was going to offer 4/40m so he took it, do you really think it was the experience of playing 13 games on a horrible team that made him resign? Or did he have 40m other reasons?

I definitely agree it was the $40 million that brought Gerald Wallace here. I would've signed him to that money 3-4 years ago....but in two year's time, is Gerald Wallace going to be the starting SF on this team or a 10 mil per year backup?

Mr.ATLHawks
01-01-2013, 03:56 PM
I definitely agree it was the $40 million that brought Gerald Wallace here. I would've signed him to that money 3-4 years ago....but in two year's time, is Gerald Wallace going to be the starting SF on this team or a 10 mil per year backup?

You can probably say the same for Joe Johnson and Deron Williams given their stats so far. A 20 million dollar old underachieving SG and a 20 million, yeah he used to be really good but not in the past 3 years, underachieving PG. The Nets future doesn't look bright. After the year MarShon Brooks had last year I don't know why they traded for Joe Johnson. Although, im glad they did, good riddens, it just didnt make a whole lot of sense. Especially with JJ's pedestrian numbers in ATL after signing that ridiculous contract.

xxplayerxx23
01-01-2013, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=xxplayerxx23;24928690]

Lol better iq? Your spitting out random ****. Lopez is just as good in the post . He is great on the boards ill give you that. And maybe passing. You just spit out bs, Lopez is the main option right now just like cousins is

CaptainClutch
01-01-2013, 04:04 PM
You can probably say the same for Joe Johnson and Deron Williams given their stats so far. A 20 million dollar old underachieving SG and a 20 million, yeah he used to be really good but not in the past 3 years, underachieving PG. The Nets future doesn't look bright. After the year MarShon Brooks had last year I don't know why they traded for Joe Johnson. Although, im glad they did, good riddens, it just didnt make a whole lot of sense. Especially with JJ's pedestrian numbers in ATL after signing that ridiculous contract.

Trust me dude I completely agree! At least this 'sharp shooter' isn't doing much better

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3474/anthony-morrow

Verbal Christ
01-01-2013, 05:10 PM
I really think that if the Nets put their minds to it they could score 0 in a quarter.

has that guy 'domefavors' killed himself yet?

FriedTofuz
01-01-2013, 07:05 PM
nets wont make the playoffs

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 08:10 PM

Of course he stayed for the money but only because he was already settled in NJ. He was quoted as saying he would not have considered Brooklyn. He is afraid of the city. He has a personal driver.

Also i do not believe we signed him out of cap space. I think we used bird rights to go over the cap and sign him.

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2013, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=Chill_Will_24;24929191]

Lol better iq? Your spitting out random ****. Lopez is just as good in the post . He is great on the boards ill give you that. And maybe passing. You just spit out bs, Lopez is the main option right now just like cousins is

I like how you claim i am spitting out BS but cannot disprove it. Jesus the quality of posting on this site is getting worse by the day.

What does Lopez do better than Cousins besides raw block numbers and efficient ppg? Tell me what?

And keep it about offense do not site there like a tool talking about team cancer and bs like that.

You realize there is more to an offense that putting the pretty orange ball through the red hoop thing, right?

IversonIsKrazy
01-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Wow. That was pathetic.... a team full of people with no legs could've scored 5 points......