PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever see "The Final Shot" realistically ever happening?

Everymanalion
12-31-2012, 02:10 PM
I know we all have pretended this moment on our local courts. Game 7 of the NBA Finals. 4th quarter down by a point with with about ten seconds left on the clock. Make or miss, realistically do you ever see this moment happening at all? I wonder what the mathematical odds are....

JasonJohnHorn
12-31-2012, 02:31 PM
That's pretty much how the 88 finals ended. And just about the 2010 finals. The 1969 finals went to game 7 and was won by a single basket (Celtics/Lakers, Celtics won). Likewise in 1966 the Celtics beat the Lakers in game 7 by a baskets. The 1962 finals were even more exciting... won in overtimein game seven. 1957? Even more exciting... double overtime win for Boston over the Hawks, by a basket... And the year befofre that the Pistons lost to the Nationals by a point! So it has happened about 7 times in 60 odd years... some times in back-to-back seasons, sometimes not for decades!

I imagine it will happen again... when you get to that level of play, teams can be so evenly matched that the championship can go either way.

JerseyPalahniuk
12-31-2012, 03:27 PM
That's pretty much how the 88 finals ended. And just about the 2010 finals. The 1969 finals went to game 7 and was won by a single basket (Celtics/Lakers, Celtics won). Likewise in 1966 the Celtics beat the Lakers in game 7 by a baskets. The 1962 finals were even more exciting... won in overtimein game seven. 1957? Even more exciting... double overtime win for Boston over the Hawks, by a basket... And the year befofre that the Pistons lost to the Nationals by a point! So it has happened about 7 times in 60 odd years... some times in back-to-back seasons, sometimes not for decades!

I imagine it will happen again... when you get to that level of play, teams can be so evenly matched that the championship can go either way.

Well, there you have it.

ghettosean
12-31-2012, 03:38 PM
I know we all have pretended this moment on our local courts. Game 7 of the NBA Finals. 4th quarter down by a point with with about ten seconds left on the clock. Make or miss, realistically do you ever see this moment happening at all? I wonder what the mathematical odds are....
Your sig is awesome... LOL.

tripleplay2007
12-31-2012, 03:43 PM
I always did the 10 seconds left down by 2, 3 pointer to win the game as a kiddo :D

Everymanalion
12-31-2012, 05:03 PM
Your sig is awesome... LOL.

haha thank you!:clap:

Everymanalion
12-31-2012, 05:03 PM
I always did the 10 seconds left down by 2, 3 pointer to win the game as a kiddo :D

I am 24 and still do that haha