PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 NBA Draft is one of the Worst in History

poleandreel
12-31-2012, 01:25 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2011.html

Irving
Absolutely Nothing

Maybe Kanter can be good? Shumpert is already injured.
Even Kyrie (although he is amazing) has caught the injury bug a few times in his young career and was also injured while at Duke.

h2r09
12-31-2012, 01:31 AM
Random but I disagree. Lots of guys need a little bit more to develop but theres still a lot of good talent. With the requirement to go to school for 1 year there are a lot of guys coming into the draft too early and need a few years to adjust their bodies to the nba game.

But anyways, guys that i think are going to be/are quality players in that draft after Irving: Kanter,Thompson,Valanciunas, Biyombo, Walker, Klay Thompson, Morris brothers, Leonard, Shumpert, Faried.

bucketss
12-31-2012, 01:36 AM
Got Stacks Like Jonas Valanciaunas,Young Fresh And Fly Like Jonas Valanciaunas

cmellofan15
12-31-2012, 01:36 AM
Kenneth Faried dude.

spreadeagle
12-31-2012, 01:40 AM
Not strong but Knight is pretty good, Valanciunas is good Klay Thompson also, Popovich said Kawhi Leonard could be the face of the franchise one day...Kemba has looked decent this year

spreadeagle
12-31-2012, 01:43 AM
Random but I disagree. Lots of guys need a little bit more to develop but theres still a lot of good talent. With the requirement to go to school for 1 year there are a lot of guys coming into the draft too early and need a few years to adjust their bodies to the nba game.

But anyways, guys that i think are going to be/are quality players in that draft after Irving: Kanter,Thompson,Valanciunas, Biyombo, Walker, Klay Thompson, Morris brothers, Leonard, Shumpert, Faried.

agreed

BKLYNpigeon
12-31-2012, 01:44 AM
Klay Thompson and Kawahi Lenard are pretty good.

Vincent
12-31-2012, 01:44 AM
Maybe if you didn't know much about NBA draft history...

BKLYNpigeon
12-31-2012, 01:50 AM
2000 was the worst NBA Draft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_NBA_Draft

GunFactor187
12-31-2012, 01:53 AM
Wasn't the 2000 Draft considered one of the worst drafts in all of sports in general? Lol.

Sportfan
12-31-2012, 01:53 AM
Irving doesn't even have the most win shares from that draft.

netsgiantsyanks
12-31-2012, 01:59 AM
i think the best players to come out of the 2000 draft was michael redd, turk,and jamal crawford and redd was the 43rd pick. lmao.

mjt20mik
12-31-2012, 02:04 AM
Val, Faried, Thompson, Walker, Leonard all will turn out to be good players

Forty6and2
12-31-2012, 02:07 AM
Faried is averaging a double double, Leonard has been injured but showed major promise last year, Walker has improved in most statistical categories and is slowly becoming more than just a scorer. Shumpert was very impressive until he tore up his knee and there are many others like T.Thompson, K. Thompson, Knight. i would not call this the worst draft in history.

Htownballa1622
12-31-2012, 02:13 AM
chandler parsons is solid :shrug:

Htownballa1622
12-31-2012, 02:15 AM
And i think Klay Thompson can be an all-star someday.

TheSource
12-31-2012, 02:16 AM
Isn't this year's upcoming draft projected to be the worst, if not one of?

poleandreel
12-31-2012, 02:20 AM
Klay is not efficient at all and plays terrible defense. Not to mention he is not a good rebounder either.

Faried is a hustle guy with limited offensive game. He has already reached his potential IMO but I do love the guy.

Shumpert was pretty piss poor offensively although he was a beast on defense. A torn ACL is no joke so the jury is still out on him.

Leonard is a possible break out candidate but he still has no offensive game at all besides the corner 3.

Kemba is okay at best. He is not very efficient and isn't very good of a passer or defensive player.

The only one who can be THE GUY is irving. The rest are will never be anything more than a 4th option on a contender or future role player. Most drafts have more than 1 guy who can change a franchise or at least be a very good 1 or 2 player.

b@llhog24
12-31-2012, 02:34 AM
Irving doesn't even have the most win shares from that draft.

He's still the best player, BY FAR that's come out of that draft class.

TrueFan420
12-31-2012, 03:27 AM
Klay is not efficient at all and plays terrible defense. Not to mention he is not a good rebounder either.

Faried is a hustle guy with limited offensive game. He has already reached his potential IMO but I do love the guy.

Shumpert was pretty piss poor offensively although he was a beast on defense. A torn ACL is no joke so the jury is still out on him.

Leonard is a possible break out candidate but he still has no offensive game at all besides the corner 3.

Kemba is okay at best. He is not very efficient and isn't very good of a passer or defensive player.

The only one who can be THE GUY is irving. The rest are will never be anything more than a 4th option on a contender or future role player. Most drafts have more than 1 guy who can change a franchise or at least be a very good 1 or 2 player.
Klay will grow into a very good player. His d isn't great but it is getting better and is solid. He averages 4 rebounds which isn't horrible for a sg. And yes his shot selection needs to improve but kid is motivated

Aapox
12-31-2012, 03:39 AM
Chandler Parsons at 38 was a nice sneaky pick.

nolin
12-31-2012, 03:53 AM

Irving
Absolutely Nothing

Even Kyrie (although he is amazing) has caught the injury bug a few times in his young career and was also injured while at Duke.

Give me a break man. not even close to being the worst. and first of all there was a lockout. All these guys didnt get started until late and had their season cut short. So they have only had about 1 season so far. There will be a handful of these guys that will become allstars guarenteed . When its all said and done this will be one of the deepest drafts in history. You got the last pick in the draft averaging in double digits in points. when has that ever happened?

tp13baby
12-31-2012, 04:15 AM

Klay has a sweet stroke and has a lot of upside. Faried is averaging a double double with no offensive game. He is developing a 15 foot jumper. Leonard will be a stud. Kemba is getting alot better.

JDM
12-31-2012, 04:22 AM
From the look of things, that is going to be a solid draft class. Not all classes are going to have multiple superstars in it, but there are quality players in that class.

2000 on the other hand was definitely terrible.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-31-2012, 04:26 AM
Yes, we should make conclusions after less than 100 games.

JNoel
12-31-2012, 04:28 AM
Greg Oden was a pretty good pick. ;)

Hellcrooner
12-31-2012, 04:30 AM
a bit to early for this?

HouRealCoach
12-31-2012, 04:32 AM
I think that 2006 & 2007 were worse...

2007 was Durant, Horford, & Gasol and a bunch of role players and a lottery filled full of busts

2006 was beyond pathetic

I think 2000 or 2001 was terrible.. which ever one Kenyon Martin was drafted first

Enough time hasn't even passed by to tell if it was a terrible draft

But Irving, Kanter, Kemba, Klay, Faried, Leonard, Marshon, Parsons all look to be solid

Morris bros, Shumpert, Vucevic, Singler, Allen, Cole all look to be solid role players

dalton749
12-31-2012, 05:09 AM
valanciunas is the only other potential franchise player to come out of it but most likely he will only reach all star level

Monta is beast
12-31-2012, 05:18 AM

Irving
Thompson
Absolutely Nothing

Fixed

CityofChaos
12-31-2012, 05:35 AM
OP is an idiot bandwagon fan.

the 2000-01 has nothing on 2011-12.

c.c.
12-31-2012, 06:10 AM
Chandler Parsons? But all BS to the side, that was a weak draft

MackShock
12-31-2012, 09:31 AM
i would say it was a decent draft, with kyrie irving the only person to be all star potential, but then again, all #1 picks are, when they are drafted.

but the draft has many guys who are putting up decent numbers.

parsons 15 6 3, , vucevic (double double), walker 18 6, leonard 9,5, 2 stls, faried (double double)..

those are the only standout guys i can see statistically ..

Absolutely nothing after Irving? Completely false statement. these guys mentioned are a pretty good value.

especially since none of these guys were high lottery (2-8)

Monta is beast
12-31-2012, 09:51 AM

Not efficient? His true shooting percentage this season is .521, when .550 is considered great.

Bad defense? Is that why the Warriors are 5th in the league in defensive field goal percentage? Or is that why he's sporting a defensive rating of 106, which would be considered very good as well?

Not a good rebounder? Having you off guard grab you 4 rebounds a night would be considered good. Especially when your other guard is grabing nearly 5. Warriors back-court out rebounds the opponents back-courts almost every night.

Not too mention he has one of the best jump-shots in the NBA, and the fact that the first two weeks of the season he could not buy a bucket. He's also a 6'7 off guard, in a league full of undersize off guards. Once he develops a consistent post game, he's going to become that much more dangerous. But your right a second year player who's border line great efficiency, border line great defense, and solid rebounding will probably never amount too much. Oh my bad did I mention he was a second year player? Technically he just surpassed the 82 games a rookie typically plays.

Monta is beast
12-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Forgot to mention that every single player on the U.S.A Olympic team raved about his work ethic and game as well.

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-31-2012, 09:54 AM
Shumpert offense was piss poor? THE ROOKIE WAS STREAKY but he was far from piss poor and came out the gate an elite man defender.

eugene
12-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Valanciunas is really promising, will see what happens. Dude has a potential to be an allstar

StarvingKnick22
12-31-2012, 10:42 AM
Kenneth Faried and Iman Shumpert certainly don't exist.

BKLYNpigeon
12-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Who ever created this thread is an Idiot.

just google, "Worst NBA Draft" and you get pages and pages mentioning 2000 draft class.

someone should close this. its not worth debating.

29$JerZ
12-31-2012, 12:00 PM
Kyrie Irving
Klay Thompson
Kawhi Leonard
Iman Shumpert
Kenneth Faried
Marshon Brooks
Bismark Biyombo
Isiah Thomas
Chandler Parsons
Norris Cole
Marcus Morris

Not the worse. Not star studded but solid-good role players and starters

Cal827
12-31-2012, 12:21 PM
Kyrie Irving
Klay Thompson
Kawhi Leonard
Iman Shumpert
Kenneth Faried
Marshon Brooks
Bismark Biyombo
Isiah Thomas
Chandler Parsons
Norris Cole
Marcus Morris
Tristian Thompson
Jonas Valanciunas

Not the worse. Not star studded but solid-good role players and starters

Just added a couple players :)

alexander_37
12-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Kawhi Leonard
Morris brothers
Farried
Parsons
Knight

#Shumpert Up
12-31-2012, 03:11 PM
Kyrie...Faried...Shumpert...Thompson...parsons.? these guys are all gonna be studs and im pretty sure im missing sommore

ChickenSouvlaki
12-31-2012, 03:34 PM
I think Valanciunas will be the 2nd best player from this draft

Tony_Starks
12-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Coach Pop said Leonard is going to be a star one day but what does he know.......

tripleplay2007
12-31-2012, 03:45 PM
Not really giving these guys enough time to develop. Not everyone just comes in the league as a superstar.

shep33
12-31-2012, 03:54 PM
2000 draft was the worst ever.

Crawford, Martin, and Hedo were the best first rounders

raiderposting
12-31-2012, 03:57 PM
what a fail of a thread haha

KniCks4LiFe
12-31-2012, 04:08 PM

damn..... that list makes a homie want to cry.

T-mack
12-31-2012, 04:11 PM
I think Kawhi Leonard, Kenneth Faried, Iman Shumpert, Klay Thompson, Chandler Parsons are all pretty good

Sactown
12-31-2012, 04:15 PM
damn..... that list makes a homie want to cry.

Your on a forum talking about basketball with seventeen thousand posts, you're not a homie..

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Iman Shumpert will be the best player out of 2011 draft class.

KniCks4LiFe
12-31-2012, 04:25 PM
Your on a forum talking about basketball with seventeen thousand posts, you're not a homie..

someone doesn't know what the term homie means.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
12-31-2012, 04:33 PM
Jimmy Butler is a very serviceable player on the Bulls. You should do some more research before posting

tp13baby
12-31-2012, 04:33 PM
Its way to early for this though. I think by the end this will be a good draft. This was Denvers best draft in awhile in my opinion. Faried is averaging a double double. Jordan Hamilton in little minutes is showing a ton of promise.

Tony_Starks
12-31-2012, 04:41 PM
someone doesn't know what the term homie means.

Obviously it's ebonic gangster talk only used by thugz that are internet illiterate.

Come on homie!

faze38
12-31-2012, 04:42 PM

Irving
Absolutely Nothing

Way to early for this but just because Shumpert got hurt doesn't mean he won't come back as a beast this year or next. He wouldn't be the first player to recover from knee surgery and be a beast. Ask Amare who's career was suppose to be over almost 8 years ago or how about the super high flying Blake Griffin look how bad he turned out after a big time injury! So u def have to fix that list because it's not that much space between Kyrie and Shumpert. Also to count out big men in a league were it takes big man some time to develop is foolish! If in 5 years nobody has established them self in this league then u can say this is the worst draft ever! Wait forget that this def can never be the worse draft because 1 great player and at least 4 good players is way better then that 00-01 draft!

faze38
12-31-2012, 04:45 PM

Wow here i'm a Knicks fan and I don't even agree Kyrie is a superstar Shumpert can be a star or an all-star but Kyrie is probably going to be a top 3 or 4 PG in 2 or 3 years!

SouthSideRookie
12-31-2012, 04:45 PM

LOL... No

todu82
12-31-2012, 04:54 PM
To soon to judge this draft. Give it a few more years and let these guys develop.

SA5195
12-31-2012, 04:58 PM
No, not even close

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-31-2012, 05:02 PM
Kawhi Leonard is going to be solid. He is already the best perimeter defender on the Spurs by a mile and continues to improve in that area. His rebounding for a small forward is solid as well.

His offense is a work in progress though. He seems to have the corner 3 down, but struggles off the dribble and finishing on the fast break. More often than not he is called for a charge. You also have to keep in mind he is probably the teams 4-5 option on offense. I know Chip England (magical shooting coach) has been working with Kawhi, and Pop seems to be calling more post up plays for him as of late.

Becks2307
12-31-2012, 11:03 PM
If Kawhi was on another team and playing more mins he would be more highly regarded. Nevertheless he is gonna have a great career in SA.

Alayla
01-01-2013, 01:23 AM

i see Maglore Marten Redd and a bunch of srubs are bench players.... awfull

nolin
01-01-2013, 01:56 AM
i see Maglore Marten Redd and a bunch of srubs are bench players.... awfull

Why do you only see them because you can see there the only ones to make the allstar team? Maglore sucks. he had 1 decent year and made the allstar team because there were no decent centers in the league. Martin was ahhh ok. a good role player at best though. redd was good but injuries slowed his career down big time. Jama crawfordl i would have to say has had the best Career out of all these guys. couple decent other players like turk Qrich and mike miller. Alot of bad luck with injuries also hurt this draft miles could of been one of the best in this draft. But yea probably the weakest draft i can remember.

JasonJohnHorn
01-01-2013, 10:59 AM
I think you could build a playoff team with the guys from that draft:

PG: Irving/Walker/Knight/Ferdette/Isiaih Thomas
SG: Klay Thompson/Shumpert/Brooks
SF: Leonard/Singler
PF: Faried/Kanter/Triston Thompson/Derrick Williams
C: Vucevic/Harrellson/Biyombo/Valanciunas

I think a team with those players available in their rotation would make the playoffs and potentially be contenders in a couple of seasons. Some of the players are just a little slow in developing (Triston for example), but others are on teams that are deep at the position they play (Kanter for example plays the same position essentially as Jefferson, Milsap and Favours, while Ferdette and Isiah Thomas are in Sac-town's deep front court rotation and Leonard is on a deep Spurs roster).