PDA

View Full Version : Trade to Wizards "ideal" for Cousins to be paired up with Kentucky teamate John Wall

spreadeagle
12-30-2012, 05:07 PM
The latest team to have interest in acquiring Cousins? The Washington Wizards. Dan Fegan, recently hired by Cousins, is also the agent for Wizards point guard and Cousins’ former Kentucky teammate John Wall. It makes sense that the two would want to play together again and that Fegan would want to stick them in the same city. There’s nothing agents love more than having multiple clients on the same team. Here’s Sam Amick of USA Today on the Wizards as a landing spot:

“While Cousins has insisted publicly that he does not want to be traded, his story has been different privately. The recent hiring of influential agent Dan Fegan has led to the widespread assumption within the organization that Cousins will eventually demand a trade. Specifically, two people close to the situation who requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation said a trade to the Washington Wizards would be considered ideal for Cousins and Fegan because Cousins could rejoin former Kentucky teammate and fellow Fegan client, point guard John Wall. The Wizards, who are known to have expressed recent interest in Cousins, have been told by the Kings that they have no intention of trading him

The question comes down to what the Wizards are willing to offer. Nene has voiced his frustration in Washington, so perhaps a swap of brooding big men (and a bigger contract like John Salmons included to even it out) would interest both teams.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/30/could-the-wizards-land-demarcus-cousins/

Chronz
12-30-2012, 05:12 PM
That would be so ironic if Sacramento gives Washington a troubled bigman who finally turns his career around. What gos around comes around

FriedTofuz
12-30-2012, 05:13 PM
other teams can offer better

D-Leethal
12-30-2012, 05:23 PM
That would be so ironic if Sacramento gives Washington a troubled bigman who finally turns his career around. What gos around comes around

That would be pretty crazy.

Guys like Cousins are the best ways IMO for small market teams to get a superstar and build a championship contender around him. Find a young guy with boatloads of potential whose value is hampered by off the court issues. Get a guy with the right personality to screw his head on straight and you have a superstar who is happy to be there because that team saved his career. Same way Sactown built that beast squad around CWebb and the same way the Pacers built a 60 win team around Artest and JO. Teams like the Bucks and Bobcats need to jump on this opportunity.

THE MTL
12-30-2012, 05:25 PM
Before we say anything about John wall he has to be healthy first. Dude has yet to be healthy for a season yet

YouAreSoWrong
12-30-2012, 05:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

YouAreSoWrong
12-30-2012, 05:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aa2lflk

meant to post that

xxplayerxx23
12-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Lol that's a funny trade^

Stuckey#3
12-30-2012, 05:35 PM
I don't see the Kings wanting to take on a lot of salary since the team is for sale. Joe D was able to make zero moves while out team was selling for two years.

Stuckey#3
12-30-2012, 05:38 PM
I think a trade of Cousins, Evans and filler for Nene and Beal would be fair.

faze38
12-30-2012, 05:45 PM
I doubt Beal is available it would probably be Nene and a 1st rounder or 2 for Cousins. I mean putting in Beal for a troubled young player is a tough sale for any team unless Tyreke is coming with him!

Daunter
12-30-2012, 05:49 PM
But they just got rid of Mcgee...

Ezekial
12-30-2012, 05:50 PM
That would be pretty crazy.

Guys like Cousins are the best ways IMO for small market teams to get a superstar and build a championship contender around him. Find a young guy with boatloads of potential whose value is hampered by off the court issues. Get a guy with the right personality to screw his head on straight and you have a superstar who is happy to be there because that team saved his career. Same way Sactown built that beast squad around CWebb and the same way the Pacers built a 60 win team around Artest and JO. Teams like the Bucks and Bobcats need to jump on this opportunity.

Take notes boys, this is a post.

justinnum1
12-30-2012, 05:52 PM
something like seraphin, beal, and arizia plus a few picks for salmons and cousins

hire SVG and that washington team would be pretty good in 2 years

Gritz
12-30-2012, 06:12 PM
DeMarcus Cousins is a thug, overrated ball player who is a bad teammate.

You must be some old racist dude

JLynn943
12-30-2012, 06:15 PM

meant to post that

**** no. Ariza is terrible and there is no way in hell I would want Hawes back.

tripleplay2007
12-30-2012, 06:32 PM
That deal posted earlier in the thread with the ESPN trade checker is stupid. The Kings get garbage back and I'm sure they have no want for Hawes, they let him walk when his contract expired.

Fresno
12-30-2012, 06:36 PM
This is exactly why the Wizards were stupid to make those Nene & Okafor/Ariza deals, they have no cap space manuever a deal and nobody is going to trade for either one of those injury prone guys unless they're an expirer.

At some point Cousins & Wall are going to team up in the NBA.

I dont see either guy taking an extension to stay with their current team at the rate things are going.

Just not sure where they both can go in 2 years except Dallas.

Dnovakovic099
12-30-2012, 06:40 PM
You must be some old racist dude

White people can't be thugs?

Fresno
12-30-2012, 06:41 PM
something like seraphin, beal, and arizia plus a few picks for salmons and cousins

hire SVG and that washington team would be pretty good in 2 years

Sacramento already has too many wings players.

Not to mention Bradley Beal is untouchable since he will play his entire rookie season at 19 years old and shows promise, they'd rather move one of their leftover knuckleheads in Jordan Crawford.

& to the guy who mentioned Sacramento taking on the remaining 4 years on Nene's overpaid deal. :rolleyes:

Phenomenonsense
12-30-2012, 06:46 PM

Ha!

Vee-Rex
12-30-2012, 06:58 PM

I've never seen/heard a white person call another white person a thug.

They use thug on black people because they can't use that other word without a lot of backlash.

Sportfan
12-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Sac is going to ask for their first

Dnovakovic099
I've never seen/heard a white person call another white person a thug.

They use thug on black people because they can't use that other word without a lot of backlash.

I mean if a white guy acts like Cousins has, I can't think of one right now because there aren't that many white people in the NBA, I think this same poster would call him a thug or a scumbag. I personally rather be called a thug than a scumbag to tell you the truth. I would think most people would call Eminem a thug before a scumbag too. Thug is usually used to refer to a troublemaker that listens to hip hop and wears baggy clothes, this is predominantly black people. Usually I don't hear scumbag used for colored people so everytime someone calls a white person a scumbag they are being racist?

Sportfan
Delonte!

Fresno
12-30-2012, 07:08 PM
I mean if a white guy acts like Cousins has, I can't think of one right now because there aren't that many white people in the NBA, I think this same poster would call him a thug or a scumbag. I personally rather be called a thug than a scumbag to tell you the truth. I would think most people would call Eminem a thug before a scumbag too. Thug is usually used to refer to a troublemaker that listens to hip hop and wears baggy clothes, this is predominantly black people. Usually I don't hear scumbag used for colored people so everytime someone calls a white person a scumbag they are being racist?

:facepalm::facepalm:

I think its time for you to log off man, just log off and hope a mod didn't ban you when you log back on.

JasonJohnHorn
12-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Before we say anything about John wall he has to be healthy first. Dude has yet to be healthy for a season yet

And his FG% is horrid!

No way I would want to build a team around Wall and Cousins....

Dnovakovic099
12-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Delonte!

Exactly my point. I mean that is just my view. I could be wrong, and the guy could be racist, in which case that is disgusting. I am just trying to say we shouldn't jump the gun. I guess you can say he is attacking the hip hop culture, but being a white person that embraces that culture myself I wouldn't link it to skin color.

Dnovakovic099
12-30-2012, 07:15 PM

I think its time for you to log off man, just log off and hope a mod didn't ban you when you log back on.

I am not trying to be racist, I am just saying that is what most people link when they hear the word thug, which in my opinion is wrong. I guess I worded it wrong, but I am not trying to be insensitive to anyone.

Dnovakovic099
12-30-2012, 07:19 PM

Regardless, I shouldn't be having this discussion on a sports forum and I shouldn't be defending anyone whose mindset I do not know. I did not mean to offend anyone, and being a person that gets discriminated against from time to time I know how sensitive and serious racism is. I am sorry if I offended anyone.

rickshaw
12-30-2012, 07:25 PM

meant to post that

Beal and Okafor and only give up Haws and Thad? Sign me up.

JLynn943
12-30-2012, 07:25 PM
I am not trying to be racist, I am just saying that is what most people link when they hear the word thug, which in my opinion is wrong. I guess I worded it wrong, but I am not trying to be insensitive to anyone.

I think you're fine. What you said made sense. Certain words have been racialized.

CavsYanksDuke
12-30-2012, 07:36 PM
What a surprise, two Kentucky alumni have the same agent?? What a coincidence. Cavaliers would be a better fit for Cousins and that's not me being a homer, that's the truth. However, I hope they don't because this guy is completely limited by his emotional moodswings. Also, reports out of the USA tryouts was that he was hacking and generally being an ***. Don't want him.

colinskik
12-30-2012, 07:37 PM
The term "colored" isn't acceptable today. Hasn't been for close to 50 years. C'mon now.

Ebbs
12-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Yea Wash should hop on this if possible

Lab Rat Robby
12-30-2012, 08:19 PM
birdman chris anderson was pretty thug-like. guys like him and cousins are so frustrating. i'll let them slip right on by my pick any fantasy draft. if the wiz think they can do some winning with cousins, i'd like to see that. i don't think nene/pick(s) is good enough to make it happen though. probably have to throw in a vesely, seraphin, or crawford. i like that trade value for cousins though, makes me think of a few other trade partners for the kings. the warriors, sixers, nets, and knicks could easily dump bogut, bynum, lopez, or amare and a less valuable 1st for cousins. kings would be better off taking a chance on the health of a quality vet who can play in a system, doesn't have a toxic personality, and a late 1st to spend or flip on a money saving sleeper.

RLundi
12-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Awkward thread.

SACNYY
12-30-2012, 10:49 PM
I don't see him getting traded. The MaGoofs love him.

raiderposting
12-31-2012, 06:10 AM
Delonte is half black people, he's not just white. His name is day-lawn-Tay for **** sake.

c.c.
12-31-2012, 06:28 AM
That would be nice to see. Right now there's nothing nice to see about either team

GunFactor187
12-31-2012, 06:48 AM

I've been called a thug before and I'm Asian...:shrug:

YoungOne
12-31-2012, 07:40 AM
This is exactly why the Wizards were stupid to make those Nene & Okafor/Ariza deals, they have no cap space manuever a deal and nobody is going to trade for either one of those injury prone guys unless they're an expirer.

At some point Cousins & Wall are going to team up in the NBA.

I dont see either guy taking an extension to stay with their current team at the rate things are going.

Just not sure where they both can go in 2 years except Dallas.

they will be restricted so that wont happen.

Tysons_Beard
12-31-2012, 08:09 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

stu-pid

ewing
12-31-2012, 10:25 AM
The term "colored" isn't acceptable today. Hasn't been for close to 50 years. C'mon now.

Telling people what is acceptable is vaginal behavior. Always has been. Come on now

ewing
12-31-2012, 10:27 AM
I've been called a thug before and I'm Asian...:shrug:

Your parents must be very disappointed.

SouthSideRookie
12-31-2012, 10:47 AM
enter Dan Fegan into the picture and it's when you start seeing rumors pop up, never fails.

JiffyMix88
12-31-2012, 11:11 AM

meant to post that

lol doubt Kings give up Cousins for crap like that

colinskik
01-01-2013, 04:59 PM

colinskik
01-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Telling people what is acceptable is vaginal behavior. Always has been. Come on now
No. Having to tell someone not to use an antiquated racist term is very necessary. You are a fruckin idiot for disagreeing. And you have a vagina. Go suck on a dick.