PDA

View Full Version : Royce White will not accept assignment to NBA D-League

Gators123
12-30-2012, 03:21 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/12/30/3818124/royce-white-houston-rockets-refuses-nba-d-league

Houston Rockets forward Royce White will not accept an assignment to the NBA Development League, according to a statement issued by the embattled first-round pick.

White cited in the statement that returning to the court would be "unsafe," due to "unqualified" team officials making decisions on the mental health of players. The Rockets made the decision to reassign White to the Rio Grande Vipers on Saturday in an attempt to "work him back into the organization," a source told TNT's David Aldridge.

:pity:

MrfadeawayJB
12-30-2012, 03:22 PM
:cry: I dont feel sorry for this whiny little ***** anymore

JeffG20
12-30-2012, 03:23 PM
what in the hell is wrong with him?

thechom80
12-30-2012, 03:26 PM
I'll take the 20 piece McNugget meal deal with Coke and an apple pie.

DoMeFavors
12-30-2012, 03:34 PM
this kid is a rookie why does he have such an ego and think he can do whatever he wants? they should cut him and the way he treated the team nobody should sign him.

JeffG20
12-30-2012, 03:38 PM
"In hindsight of the recent tragedies in this country, that had mental illness variables, you would think it would encourage people to act more proactively in that arena."

what what what? what a D-bag

Alayla
12-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Yup I don't feel the least bit sorry for him anymore

rocket
12-30-2012, 03:40 PM
this kid is a rookie why does he have such an ego and think he can do whatever he wants?

:facepalm:, I don't agree what White is doing but lol what

Cromedome
12-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Enough is enough already.

IndyRealist
12-30-2012, 03:45 PM
"In hindsight of the recent tragedies in this country, that had mental illness variables, you would think it would encourage people to act more proactively in that arena."

what what what? what a D-bag

Yeah, the self-pitying martydom is getting old quickly. He didn't have to sign an NBA contract. Narcoleptics don't become air traffic controllers, people afraid of heights don't become high rise construction workers. If you're afraid of getting on planes, you don't become an NBA player.

TheNumber37
12-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Granted the kid is battling anxiety issues, but at some point he's got to push through for the team.
All they are asking you to do is put a ball through a hoop. I wish I could miss work, collect 7 figure salary checks and have my employer wait for me too mentally ready for work.

tripleplay2007
12-30-2012, 03:51 PM
I'd put his *** on the IR until his contract runs out. POS.

Vinny642
12-30-2012, 03:51 PM
He is an embarrassing person, and uneeded in this league

Cromedome
12-30-2012, 03:53 PM
How much money has he made/stole from the Rockets so far?

KniCks4LiFe
12-30-2012, 03:54 PM
He's going to be traded likely. Hopefully in the package that lands Demarcus Cousins. Enough of this.

Ezio
12-30-2012, 03:56 PM
He's going to be traded likely. Hopefully in the package that lands Demarcus Cousins. Enough of this.

A productive headcase for a one that isn't even playing?

JeffG20
12-30-2012, 03:57 PM

who is taking him? and it better be close, he aint flying there

tr3ymill3r
12-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Don't let the article mislead you in anyway. I am a Rockets fan and I follow Royce White on twitter. He had no issues when it came to signing the rookie contract, he had no problems when it came to playing in the preseason in Orlando. Were there minor setbacks when we heard that he was going to need a RV or personal car to take him to games, yes. However, the Rockets have taken care of him financially and allowed him to have the RV to get to games. His mental illness reared it's ugly head when he was sent to the D-League. What Royce doesn't understand is that he's not good enough to be in the NBA, yet. His agent, doctors and friends have filled his head with nonsense that he's the next LeBron.

KniCks4LiFe
12-30-2012, 03:59 PM

Oh it's not about value for value, well sort of, I know sooner or later his contract will get terminated.

Cromedome
12-30-2012, 04:01 PM
The Rockets need to sue him because this got out of hand a long time ago.

JeffG20
12-30-2012, 04:02 PM
has to be breach of contract

GiantsSwaGG
12-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Who?

Gators123
12-30-2012, 04:04 PM

:laugh2:

Ill21
12-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Who?

How do you not know who Royce White is?

KniCks4LiFe
12-30-2012, 04:10 PM
The Rockets need to sue him because this got out of hand a long time ago.

he'd prbly counter sue them w/ forced nerves to a mentally damaged person.

sep11ie
12-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Makes me wonder if he planned on all this predraft. When he pulls this "unqualified team doctors" ******** something more is up. I hope he gets in a buss accident.

JNoel
Immature A-Hole at its finest.

^:laugh:

JeffG20
i would think Houston can prove he hadent put forth the effort to try and get help and he just flat out doesnt do anything they tell him.

BSplaya2121
12-30-2012, 04:13 PM
this kid is a rookie why does he have such an ego and think he can do whatever he wants? they should cut him and the way he treated the team nobody should sign him.

This is the first and probably only time ill agree with you

sep11ie
12-30-2012, 04:15 PM
How do you not know who Royce White is?

He does, he's just really bad at the whole humor thing.

JNoel
12-30-2012, 04:19 PM
It be pretty ironic if the plane actually crashed if he finally agreed to travel.

fredv
12-30-2012, 04:53 PM
This dude is incredible.. I hope he gets fined every penny he has and doesn't get a dime from that contract.

The Rockets where the only ones who wanted to take a chance on him, he isn't helping future players with his disability getting a chance in the NBA.

Tony_Starks
12-30-2012, 05:16 PM
This guy is screwing up things for any players in the future that have mental health issues. He's already becoming a cautionary tale.

Also he has to have the dumbest agent in the world for not making him shut down his twitter account. He's digging his own grave.....

Stuckey#3
12-30-2012, 05:21 PM
I felt bad for White at first. And yes he may really have some sort of anxiety disorder or phobia condition or a mixture of the two. Either of these disorders can be treated rather easily with a mixture of medication and cognitive therapy. That is if the patient wants help. I'm sure the Rockets have a decent health insurance provider; if not I'm sure Royce could pay for it out of pocket with some of the money he has earned for not playing.

The more White distances himself from the Rockets organization the more he will look like a fool... especially since they appear to be reaching out at this point. Guess what crazy ***... every corporation has high-level executives that make decisions regarding the work environment.

I honestly think that Royce does not want to play basketball... he has stated before in interviews that he would rather focus on "his music" and "writing".
He may be able to hide behind the self created image of a mental-illness martyr for now. But the more antics that Royce displays the more transparent he will be come. He is a lazy **** who no longer has a passion for the game. That would be fine at all but he is still trying to cash in on benefits of being a player without playing (pay, status, press.)

When I see guys like this I actually feel like supporting the owners during CBA negotiations.

CityofTreez
12-30-2012, 05:26 PM
This guy is screwing up things for any players in the future that have mental health issues. He's already becoming a cautionary tale.

Also he has to have the dumbest agent in the world for not making him shut down his twitter account. He's digging his own grave.....

This is what I was most interested in considering Royce in the NBA. He was pretty amazing at ISU, but anxiety was there. NBA would only amplify his anxiety, and he hasn't handled it well.

I would say he should "chill out" and go to the D-League, but he can't.

cmoney2424
12-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Not a rockets fan, but they got jobbed by this pathetic POS who's too *****made to suit up and play in the NBA... what an idiot he is

R. Johnson#3
12-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Here's what I say to Royce White.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfvGECYB6Gs

Tony_Starks
12-30-2012, 05:36 PM
This is what I was most interested in considering Royce in the NBA. He was pretty amazing at ISU, but anxiety was there. NBA would only amplify his anxiety, and he hasn't handled it well.

I would say he should "chill out" and go to the D-League, but he can't.

That's the crazy part because he actually has game. I think people would be more sympathetic if his anxiety prevented from playing ALL basketball but he just worked out with the Rockets the other day! Then it seems like whenever it's time to go to the D League and earn his stripes all the sudden it's unsafe.

JasonJohnHorn
12-30-2012, 05:37 PM
What I would say is that there isn't enough of this story out there to make a judgement on it. We do not know what White's health issues are specifically, only a couple of generalities, nor do we know how assignment to the D-League will impact them.

What has been stated in the past is that Houston wants White to see a doctor THEY pay for. There is a distinct conflict of interest in that case. For anybody who has battled mental illness and has worked with a medical professional, the relationship between the patient and the doctor is an important one. There has to be trust there. This is why yong children often don't respond well to therapy because they know their parents are paying for it and fear that the doctor in turn, because the doctor is being paid by the parents, is loyal to the parents.

If the team wants him to see a doctor that they pay for, there is a conflict of interest as the doctor is being paid by a third party that has certain expectations of the patient and the doctor can be seen as potentially working towards the goals of the third party and not that of the patient.

As for the ignorant people who say things like "I wish he bus would get in an accident" and such things, there is no response for comments like that. There ignorance is apparent.

Without access to the entrie story it is not fair to pass judgement on anybody in this situation.

JeffG20
12-30-2012, 05:51 PM
What I would say is that there isn't enough of this story out there to make a judgement on it. We do not know what White's health issues are specifically, only a couple of generalities, nor do we know how assignment to the D-League will impact them.

What has been stated in the past is that Houston wants White to see a doctor THEY pay for. There is a distinct conflict of interest in that case. For anybody who has battled mental illness and has worked with a medical professional, the relationship between the patient and the doctor is an important one. There has to be trust there. This is why yong children often don't respond well to therapy because they know their parents are paying for it and fear that the doctor in turn, because the doctor is being paid by the parents, is loyal to the parents.

If the team wants him to see a doctor that they pay for, there is a conflict of interest as the doctor is being paid by a third party that has certain expectations of the patient and the doctor can be seen as potentially working towards the goals of the third party and not that of the patient.

As for the ignorant people who say things like "I wish he bus would get in an accident" and such things, there is no response for comments like that. There ignorance is apparent.

With access to the entrie story it is not fair to pass judgement on anybody in this situation.

perhaps, but i just feel if he's really in need of help he wouldnt let this play out in public, and especially on twitter

dalton749
12-30-2012, 05:52 PM
he has anxiety its called man up and get over your fear.
people out there have real problems and hes afraid to fly?
grow up, i have anxiety and it sucks sometimes but you dont let it define your life thats pathetic.

Asik's better
12-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Well white may be on his way out of the rockets anyway with the rockets looking to sign both James Anderson and Patrick Beverly.

Enzo
12-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Don't let the article mislead you in anyway. I am a Rockets fan and I follow Royce White on twitter. He had no issues when it came to signing the rookie contract, he had no problems when it came to playing in the preseason in Orlando. Were there minor setbacks when we heard that he was going to need a RV or personal car to take him to games, yes. However, the Rockets have taken care of him financially and allowed him to have the RV to get to games. His mental illness reared it's ugly head when he was sent to the D-League. What Royce doesn't understand is that he's not good enough to be in the NBA, yet. His agent, doctors and friends have filled his head with nonsense that he's the next LeBron.

The Rockets really expected this kid to get chauffeured around the country in personal cars and RV's when they had away games? That's ridiculous. This kid doesn't deserve a dime of their money and this has to be a breach of contract for inability to perform. Kick him to the curb and no team will even look at him again.

Tony_Starks
12-30-2012, 06:13 PM
I just saw that this dude is getting almost 1.7milli this season. God bless him, hope he enjoys it because this is his first and last nba check......

Jagged QT
12-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Referencing Sandy Hook was the nail for me.

kobe4thewinbang
12-30-2012, 07:10 PM
If White put the effort into therapy or overcoming his anxiety that he puts into whining on Twitter and dooming his professional future...

tripleplay2007
12-30-2012, 07:21 PM
This guy is a ****ing loser. I'm sure most of us dreamed about being in his spot when we were kids and he's just going to be an ungrateful little brat.

dee279
12-30-2012, 07:37 PM
I think they should be able to void his contract.

Dnovakovic099
12-30-2012, 08:11 PM
I had a close friend kill himself because he had an anxiety disorder. The kid went to to my college, had great friends, and was a super nice guy. The disorder was really bigger than him. I don't know Royce or his disorder, but I am telling you guys that anxiety is more serious than one may believe. Royce White may not be able to control his disorder and it actually may be above him. I think a lot of you are being too rash on the subject matter.

xxplayerxx23
12-30-2012, 08:30 PM
What a *****. To think about all the talent he has

eso
12-30-2012, 08:33 PM
I had a close friend kill himself because he had an anxiety disorder. The kid went to to my college, had great friends, and was a super nice guy. The disorder was really bigger than him. I don't know Royce or his disorder, but I am telling you guys that anxiety is more serious than one may believe. Royce White may not be able to control his disorder and it actually may be above him. I think a lot of you are being too rash on the subject matter.

This x 2.
Sorry to hear about your friend..
My wife works in Mental Health and Anxiety is a major problem that is debilitating for more people than you would imagine..

nolin
12-30-2012, 08:58 PM
royce white is a beast if the rockets dont want him, the bulls will take him for kirk hinrich

gaughan333
12-30-2012, 09:10 PM
arrogant, entitled, little ****s like this are what's ruining the NBA

gaughan333
12-30-2012, 09:12 PM
This x 2.
My wife works in Mental Health and Anxiety is a major problem that is debilitating for more people than you would imagine..

Then don't enter a job field that requires you to do something that causes you this anxiety

Denver-boy
12-30-2012, 09:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZLVi4v7lSM <- ROYCE White

lol Royce White " I DO WHAT I WANT"

GunFactor187
12-30-2012, 09:19 PM
What a biotch.

eso
12-30-2012, 09:23 PM
Then don't enter a job field that requires you to do something that causes you this anxiety

Not a problem for her, She deals with a lot of people with anxiety problems...

dee279
12-30-2012, 09:27 PM
This x 2.

Yeah and they have disabled players and people who would trade their whole life for his and make sure to find a way around the illness. IMO, White is just not doing what needs to be done to help him through the situation.

SportsFanatic10
12-30-2012, 09:29 PM
he really needs to stop ****ing with the rockets. this is so unprofessional and there is only so much they can do for him. he obviously can't handle the nba life and it's sad that his condition is causing him to throw away an opportunity of a lifetime, but it's time for him to retire and find something else to do more suited to his needs. he can't keep holding that organization hostage.

gaughan333
12-30-2012, 09:29 PM

Talking about Royce White...

dee279
12-30-2012, 09:30 PM

He was talking about Royce White not your wife.

gaughan333
12-30-2012, 09:31 PM
If this was something like the rockets not letting him out of a contract or refusing to help him that'd be different. He's a brat, who isn't getting his way, and is keeping the money the rockets paid him, while not playing.

flclfanman
12-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Who the **** is Royce White?

First Terrence Williams and now this. Houston knows how to pick 'em

LeGacy is Music
12-30-2012, 09:40 PM
I'll take the 20 piece McNugget meal deal with Coke and an apple pie.

THAT IS GREAT!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

NYYCowboys
12-30-2012, 10:48 PM
I feel bad for him. The guy has a mental illness. I can't believe how much he is being trashed right now by some posters. He may not be doing exactly what he should, but a mental illness can be just as debilitating as a physical illness, if not more.

MrfadeawayJB
12-30-2012, 11:03 PM
I've said it before and i'll say it again, he needs to cut his pay in half, live in houston and only play home games. Problem solved.

Asik's better
12-30-2012, 11:04 PM
I feel bad for him. The guy has a mental illness. I can't believe how much he is being trashed right now by some posters. He may not be doing exactly what he should, but a mental illness can be just as debilitating as a physical illness, if not more.

I also feel sorry for him. However, I don't think he is helping himself by going on twitter rants and making comparisons between his situation and the recent shootings not matter vague they are. Who ever White's agent is or who ever is advising White is doing a horrible job

torocan
12-30-2012, 11:12 PM
Unfortunate situation all around for White and for the Rockets.

It would be a real waste if this guy can't get it together. If it doesn't pan out, nobody will regret it more down the line than Royce White...

Htownballa1622
12-30-2012, 11:34 PM

Houston didn't draft Terrence Williams. Smh

Lab Rat Robby
12-31-2012, 12:13 AM
I've said it before and i'll say it again, he needs to cut his pay in half, live in houston and only play home games. Problem solved.

keep saying man, it's absolutely correct.

penuch
12-31-2012, 12:41 AM

People are trashing him not because he has a mental illness, but because he uses it when it is convenient for him. He was fine when it came to working out with the team, but then all of a sudden he gets asked to go to the D-League and instead of trying to adjust, he just says nope can't be done. He's making no attempt to work with the rockets, while at least publicly the rockets seem to be doing everything to try and make it work for him.

Saddletramp
12-31-2012, 01:17 AM
Houston didn't draft Terrence Williams. Smh

No, but they did blow a first round pick on him.

sixer04fan
12-31-2012, 01:26 AM
I don't think this guy is ever gonna make it, unfortunately.

Htownballa1622
12-31-2012, 01:53 AM
No, but they did blow a first round pick on him.

you're right. a lotto protected 1st round pick. Questionable move that went south.

your point?

thechom80
12-31-2012, 03:25 AM
Referencing Sandy Hook was the nail for me.

Yup. Would he be willing to play for the Wolves?? Ya know, only home games, so his mommy can drive him to the game with his My Little Pony lunch box.

Sadds The Gr8
12-31-2012, 03:31 AM
What in the blue **** did he expect when he declared to enter the NBA draft? That they'd drive a car to play games like it's the damn YMCA?

Trueblue2
12-31-2012, 03:42 AM

An anxiety disorder is not a free pass to act like a douche. He's clearly using his illness as an excuse for his behavior. Some people here act like having an anxiety issue makes you imune to criticism, its not downs syndrome for god sake.

JNoel
12-31-2012, 04:34 AM
@Highway_30

I will play for the Vipers, Rockets or anyone else as soon as the protocol recommended by the team doctors is implemented. #Progress #BeWell

As if we are now supposed to be "moved" by his use of intelligent language, and pity him for him blaming his doctors? Give me a break.

John Walls Era
12-31-2012, 04:42 AM

Houston is one of the best at drafting. Also Terrence was drafted by the Nets. But continue embarrassing yourself.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-31-2012, 05:30 AM
Go away.

GunFactor187
12-31-2012, 05:39 AM
@Highway_30

As if we are now supposed to be "moved" by his use of intelligent language, and pity him for him blaming his doctors? Give me a break.

The guy is REALLY a schmuck after that...:facepalm:

c.c.
12-31-2012, 06:02 AM
This guy, UGH!!!

Jeff559
12-31-2012, 06:42 AM
Equation for Royce White:
Royce White - anxiety disorder = still a ****ing whack job

Kyben36
12-31-2012, 07:12 AM
is this guy going to be the next rodman, just a crazy *** mother ****er.

I havnt heard a single thing possitive about the guy except the problems he keeps having.

ldawg
12-31-2012, 09:36 AM
If he is not fit for the nba then he should be cut. Flying is part of the deal and if he if unfit to do that he wont be the first and wont be the last. I dont see the big deal he can be replaced. If he is going to be a big problem as a rookie with little money he will be an even bigger problem 5 years from now worth millions. He should be cut from the nba not just the rockets. It have many players out there that would love to have his spot in the nba.

Chapin78
12-31-2012, 10:50 AM
Houston did know about all of this and is ultimately responsible. I hope for their sake that they put in some kind of medical clause that will allow them to opt out of the contract if he is unfit to play. They cannot be that naive to not have something written into the contract to protect the franchise as well.

ghettosean
12-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Does anyone know what the medical recommendations are that he is talking about that the rockets are refusing to adhere to... If they do that during NBA travel or D-League travel then he might play.

I'm curious of what the medical recommendations are from the doctors before I pass judgement on who I think is wrong in this scenario.

Mr Grim
12-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Who cares about this guy anymore? No one forced him to into the draft and into the NBA. I really hope the Rockets sue him for fraud. WTF did he think the team traveled by? A Steamship?

I dont feel bad for him at all. If he's too mentally ****ed up to travel then he should retire and stop robbing the Rockets of money and a roster spot.

ghettosean
12-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Sorry just to add on but is it me or is it a little crazy to judge him without know what the medical recommendations are and see if the rockets are at least trying to adhere to them. If someone is in a wheelchair in an office job I think everyone here would agree that his company should have a ramp for him to get into the office, a handicap stall... etc.

I just think people are not asking the right questions and getting to rilled up to crucify this guy. If the rockets tried I will be on the bandwagon like everyone else but I'm not hearing too much except for the rockets fire stuff into the media about him... Also him about the rockets I would like to know the facts before passing judgement on either side.

Saddletramp
12-31-2012, 12:17 PM
you're right. a lotto protected 1st round pick. Questionable move that went south.

your point?

That they, ummm, you know, made a mistake and traded a protected first for a talented but moody player, just like they did with White. For some reason you smacked your head when somebody said they "know how to pick 'em", which, while he wasn't drafted by them, a first was still wasted on him.

Calm down.

LakersKB24
12-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Who cares about this guy anymore? No one forced him to into the draft and into the NBA. I really hope the Rockets sue him for fraud. WTF did he think the team traveled by? A Steamship?

I dont feel bad for him at all. If he's too mentally ****ed up to travel then he should retire and stop robbing the Rockets of money and a roster spot.

This.

The worst part is that he isn't even ready to go to therapy, at least that's what I've read. Why should you feel sympathy? What do you think he would do if he wasn't an NBA player? He wouldn't even hold a job at McDonald's for very long because guess what: Those contracts don't give you millions of dollars guaranteed and if you don't show up for work you will be fired, no matter what.
With his attitude he wouldn't survive a long time in the real world, and that's what's bothering me. My sister has the same thing, but she actually wants to fight her anxiety issues and works her *** of even though there was an armed robbery at her workplace a couple of days ago. Those guys are priveleged. They make a ton of money with relatively little input and are able to get the best medical treatment there is.
Royce is nothing but a whiney little ***** who seems to take the situation he's in for granted. I've had enough of it.

Start working or leave the NBA, simple as that.

salmonleg
12-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Sorry just to add on but is it me or is it a little crazy to judge him without know what the medical recommendations are and see if the rockets are at least trying to adhere to them. If someone is in a wheelchair in an office job I think everyone here would agree that his company should have a ramp for him to get into the office, a handicap stall... etc.

I just think people are not asking the right questions and getting to rilled up to crucify this guy. If the rockets tried I will be on the bandwagon like everyone else but I'm not hearing too much except for the rockets fire stuff into the media about him... Also him about the rockets I would like to know the facts before passing judgement on either side.

The Rockets haven't been "firing stuff into the media about him". Publically, they've been a class act which suggests that they've been that way behind the scenes also...

b_russ
12-31-2012, 12:36 PM
They should make an ESPN documentary about him so we can feel more sorry for him.

Htownballa1622
12-31-2012, 01:28 PM
That they, ummm, you know, made a mistake and traded a protected first for a talented but moody player, just like they did with White. For some reason you smacked your head when somebody said they "know how to pick 'em", which, while he wasn't drafted by them, a first was still wasted on him.

Calm down.

First, I said shake my head because he said they know how to pick them referring to the draft.

Terrence wasn't drafted by Houston.

Second, the Rockets usually are solid in the draft so his sarcasm was unwarranted considering the Rockets turn second round picks into contributing players in the league.

Third. Yes a first was wasted on Terrence and potentially Royce too but two times is enough to say" they sure know how to pick them?"

Ok cool then, and why do you assume I'm not calm?

ghettosean
12-31-2012, 01:42 PM

The Rockets haven't been "firing stuff into the media about him". Publically, they've been a class act which suggests that they've been that way behind the scenes also...

Why not say they have tried this or tried that basically tried anything... I've heard nothing that suggest the rockets have tried to adhere to medical recommedations of physicians. No one is even releasing what these recommedations are which is why I'm confused as to why people are taking sides so quickly without getting the full picture.

This is why I'm reserving judgement to say who is first class or who is the guilty party in this little drama.

Everymanalion
12-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Wow haha what a ****in baby

salmonleg
12-31-2012, 02:00 PM
Medical information is privileged. The team, by law, can't release information about Royce's treatment without his consent. They appear to be doing the classy thing and trying to resolve the situation outside the prying eyes of the press. If anything you have to give them props for being so disciplined as an organization that no-one from their side has leaked anything so far. In the absence of the any information all you have to go by is both past behavior and how they've conducted themselves in this instance. The team? Classy and professional. Royce? Immature, self-serving rants on twitter and a history of theft both pointing to low character regardless of his mental condition (which is real and very serious).

sep11ie
12-31-2012, 02:02 PM

Without access to the entrie story it is not fair to pass judgement on anybody in this situation.

Not surprised in the least that YOU would defend him.

salmonleg
12-31-2012, 02:04 PM
Plus, if the Rockets were to open up about the situation and be honest, they'd basically have to publically rip Royce a new a-hole. That would do nothing but inflame a situation that could be manageable if it's handled with patience and care.

tnewkirk
12-31-2012, 02:05 PM
This.

The worst part is that he isn't even ready to go to therapy, at least that's what I've read. Why should you feel sympathy? What do you think he would do if he wasn't an NBA player? He wouldn't even hold a job at McDonald's for very long because guess what: Those contracts don't give you millions of dollars guaranteed and if you don't show up for work you will be fired, no matter what.
With his attitude he wouldn't survive a long time in the real world, and that's what's bothering me. My sister has the same thing, but she actually wants to fight her anxiety issues and works her *** of even though there was an armed robbery at her workplace a couple of days ago. Those guys are priveleged. They make a ton of money with relatively little input and are able to get the best medical treatment there is.
Royce is nothing but a whiney little ***** who seems to take the situation he's in for granted. I've had enough of it.

Start working or leave the NBA, simple as that.

yep, he's lucky he's good enough to be in the nba. if he wasnt he wouldnt survive in the real world. see she has a legit reason and still tries to overcome it, this dumbass is afraid of flying and doesnt make an effort at all to push through it.

tnewkirk
12-31-2012, 02:07 PM
we shouldnt pay attention to him, i think thats ultimately what he wants. he wants sympathy from people when he doesnt deserve it.

salmonleg
12-31-2012, 02:39 PM
Pressure's gotta be on way worse than if he'd just joined the team and went about his business. I bet he's sucking his thumb in the fetal position worrying about joining the team and having to interact with all these people that he's pissed off for months now.

Tony_Starks
12-31-2012, 03:16 PM
If White wants this drama to keep playing out publicly he should be specific about what his medical/psychological advisers recommend vs. what the teams recommendations are. That seems to be the main issue but he's not getting into specifics, just repeating the same thing over and over.

Is it a issue of medication? Treatment? Counseling? He opened the door by turning it into a twitter spectacle so why not just be completely transparent....

Lucky Junior
12-31-2012, 09:04 PM
What I want to know is what promises both sides made each other before the Rockets drafted him. I watched a lot of pre-draft coverage and Royce made it seem like although it wouldn't be easy that he was going to be able to do everything a team needed of him, and he was so excited when the Rockets selected him. For him to now be saying that they didn't live up to their end, I'd like for him to prove that claim. At the very least tell the world what your expectations are so all the other teams know whether or not he's worth the 2nd rounder he should've been selected with to begin with.

Corey
01-01-2013, 01:54 AM
Makes me wonder if he planned on all this predraft. When he pulls this "unqualified team doctors" ******** something more is up. I hope he gets in a buss accident.

Grow up.

sep11ie
01-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Grow up.

Like a minor one, where he breaks a lil finger or toe. So he's scared to be on the road... Is that any better?

GiantsSwaGG
01-02-2013, 04:46 PM
Grow up.

He's a kid and a Gram wannabe...

ghettosean
01-02-2013, 05:15 PM
grow up.
+1

sep11ie
01-02-2013, 05:25 PM
He's a kid and a Gram wannabe...

This

+1

And this

Hawkeye15
01-02-2013, 05:35 PM
so, those defending mental illness still want to stick up for this guy? Its gone well beyond his anxiety issues. He is flat out just being an uncooperative baby at this point.

sep11ie
01-02-2013, 05:42 PM
I tweeted him something similar to that.