PDA

View Full Version : The Warriors ceiling...

Everymanalion
12-29-2012, 09:44 PM
What do you think it is? This has been a pretty decent team and remember, Bogut is still out....I never watched him play, Bucks fans, any input? What is this teams ceiling? 6-8th seed?

Sportfan
12-29-2012, 09:46 PM
they should trade for Pierce. A package around Barnes

Monta is beast
12-29-2012, 10:01 PM
I actually suggested trading the 7th pick for Pierce back during the draft, but I don't think I would make that trade now. Barnes has shown the ability to score, rebound, and defend, and he's still young. As for our ceiling this season, I think it's possible we make it the the Western Conference finals. But any playoff experience this season will benefit our young team in the future.

Everymanalion
12-29-2012, 10:04 PM
I am very happy to see this team doing well though I do wish Monta was still on it, it hurts me to see him in those ugly Bucks uniforms(Sorry but they are atrocious looking.)

Monta is beast
12-29-2012, 10:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d7ou8kt

PG: Curry-Jack-Jenkins
SG: Thompson-Lee-Bazemore
SF: Pierce-Green
PF: Lee-Landry-Tyler
C: Bogut-Ezeli-Biedrins

Biedrins has actually played well this season, and fills a need for the Celtics. I think he would get back to his double-double days with a Point Guard like Rondo.

2-ONE-5
12-29-2012, 10:12 PM
why would GS want an aging Peirce? your not gonna contend the next 2 years, id much rather keep Barnes. Thats a young team with plenty of assets. They will likely finish anywhere from 6-8 maybe get a W or 2 in the playoffs depending on the matchup. They have a bright future for sure.

Luke_K77bear
12-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Hate to see Barnes go before seeing potential. But pierce would give this team legitimate experience.

TrueFan420
12-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Barnes won't be traded. I think they could make noise in the playoffs if Bogut gets healthy with enough time to integrate into the line up. But as MIB's said any playoff experience for this young team would be great

COOLbeans
12-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Pierce makes the warriors better for two years tops and then there would be major pain over losing Barnes. He's a high ceiling guy no question

Aust
12-29-2012, 10:41 PM
If the Warriors keep winning, does Curry get some MVP consideration? He's been playing great.

TrueFan420
12-29-2012, 10:54 PM
If the Warriors keep winning, does Curry get some MVP consideration? He's been playing great.

No

BKLYNpigeon
12-29-2012, 11:00 PM

No, unless the Warriors are the top seed in the Pacific West.

Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry has been Tremendous to the Warriors Success.

Barnes for Pierce would never happen. the staff is really high on the kid and were building a team to compete for the future.

Th warriors could be the 7th seed in the playoffs if they keep it up!

Monta is beast
12-29-2012, 11:18 PM
People are still undervaluing are chances of making noise in the playoffs. We are doing all of this without Bogut, who if comes back healthy would put us up their with the elite teams. And with that said, Barnes is only going to get better as the season goes on.

Monta is beast
12-29-2012, 11:19 PM
I say were going to finish as the 5th seed.

1) Oklahoma City
2) Los Angeles (Clippers)
3) San Anthonio
4) Memphis
5) Golden State
6) Denver
7) Los Angeles (Lakers)
8) Minnesota

Sactown
12-29-2012, 11:37 PM
First round exit this season, but don't take that as a negative since its a huge step in the right direction, just would be hard to beat out the Clippers, THunder, Spurs, or The Grizz

RyanStorm
12-30-2012, 12:57 AM
As someone who has personally seen them play recently here in Utah, I would have to admit that they are an amazing young talented team.

I wish Utah had that Curry, that boy can shoot.

As for ceiling, I have already put down GS as the automatic 5th spot, with LAC, MEM, OKC, and SAS at the top 4.

I think your a threat to any team whether your 1st or 8th. 1st round vs any of the top 4, I am sure you will make it tough.

lol, please
12-30-2012, 01:43 AM
People are still undervaluing are chances of making noise in the playoffs. We are doing all of this without Bogut, who if comes back healthy would put us up their with the elite teams. And with that said, Barnes is only going to get better as the season goes on.:clap: :clap:

ohreally
12-30-2012, 02:31 AM
If Bogut makes it back and stays healthy the Warriors could hang with anybody. Bogut is a very good passer, an excellent defender, and a capable scorer. He would solidify the defense, would get numerous easy shots with the offense that will be around him, and with Lee would give them the best passing bigs in the league.

Depending on when he would get back I see no reason why they couldn't move up one spot and get home court.

Even without Bogut, this team is just going to get better as the year advances, so I don't see them falling very far, though Denver could still move up fast given that they've played a huge number of their games so far on the road.

Dade County
12-30-2012, 02:42 AM
First round exit this season, but don't take that as a negative since its a huge step in the right direction, just would be hard to beat out the Clippers, THunder, Spurs, or The Grizz

this

tripleplay2007
12-30-2012, 02:53 AM
Why'd Beidrins fall so hard the past 2 seasons? Has he been injured a lot or just confidence issues? I remember when he was one of the up and coming young bigs in the league and he just vanished.

xxplayerxx23
12-30-2012, 03:01 AM
6-8 seed and prob give a scare to whoever they vs in the 1st round.

ohreally
12-30-2012, 03:06 AM

Given the way they are playing now, if they had a healthy Bogut I don't see why they couldn't beat an of those teams. Thunder would be the hardest, but I think you're underestimating just how good the team is now, and vastly underestimating a healthy Bogut.

Granted, it still remains to be seen whether Bogut makes it back at all, never mind fully healthy. But even without Bogut they could very well beat the Clippers and could at least give the Spurs and Grizz a scare.

LADTXR
12-30-2012, 03:23 AM
Too early to tell how good they are, they've had a very favorable schedule so far. We'll know in the next month when they play the clips 3x's, thunder, spurs, grizz and Miami. If they go .500 vs those teams then they'll be real.

asandhu23
12-30-2012, 04:40 AM
If Warriors make the playoffs, LEE gets the MVP respect. Dude is doing amazing this year.

CityofChaos
12-30-2012, 05:15 AM
People are forgetting that they've lost one of their best players from last season in Brandon Rush and are still having an amazing season w/o him and Bogut. Imagine if those two were heathly and playing...

sfattahian
12-30-2012, 05:16 AM
they should trade for Pierce. A package around Barnes

No thanks, considering Barnes just ran Peirce ragged all night long.

Monta is beast
12-30-2012, 05:20 AM
Too early to tell how good they are, they've had a very favorable schedule so far. We'll know in the next month when they play the clips 3x's, thunder, spurs, grizz and Miami. If they go .500 vs those teams then they'll be real.

What makes you think we've had a favorable schedule? We've played 17 road games, and only 14 home games. We've beaten the Clippers in L.A, the Heat in Miami, the Hawks in Atlanta, and the Nets in Brooklyn.

SugeKnight
12-30-2012, 05:34 AM
Ceiling? 04 Pistons :cool:

bigmac8675
12-30-2012, 05:38 AM
I think if they keep up this kind of play they can definitely be a 5th seed and maybe even a 4th seed. Plus with a lot of young players and Bogut coming back eventually (even if he is only at 75%) I can see them even getting better.

Mark Jackson might have to be considered for the coach of the year as well....

ESaady
12-30-2012, 05:52 AM
Why'd Beidrins fall so hard the past 2 seasons? Has he been injured a lot or just confidence issues? I remember when he was one of the up and coming young bigs in the league and he just vanished.

Combo of both, but the loss of confidence really hindered his play and made him a non-factor. This year he looks rejuvenated on the court-- blocking shots, rotating, and rebounding. After becoming an after thought on this Warrior squad over the past couple of years he's fallen back into the good graces of the fanbase.

Heediot
12-30-2012, 06:14 AM
They have a very nice core especially on the perimeter. IF Bogut comes back no one in the west will want to face them come playoff time.

Nice future.

Monta is beast
12-30-2012, 06:15 AM
In my opinion he would be a double-double guy with a penetrating Point Guard. He still has good hands, defense is still good, rebounding is still good, his free throws were looking real good up until tonight. They had a real nice ark and everything, don't know what happened tonight.

MackShock
12-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Just curious and want to see what your opinion are coming from other fan bases.

Does Curry or Lee make the All Star team?

Will they make playoffs?

Are they good enough for 5th seed?

asandhu23
12-30-2012, 09:05 AM
Lee should make the All Star team but won't because I believe the league chooses the most marketable players these days.

W's will make the playoffs. I am beyond excited.

Good enough for 5th seed? When Bogut comes back, yes.

Biskadee
12-30-2012, 09:19 AM
they are smart. they are strong. make them strong.

Monta is beast
12-30-2012, 09:20 AM
If we don't have an all-star this season, I'm gonna be heated.

MackShock
12-30-2012, 09:21 AM

u gonna be mad bro lol

Biskadee
12-30-2012, 09:22 AM
things that make us go

Bowman53
12-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Lee should make the All Star team but won't because I believe the league chooses the most marketable players these days.

W's will make the playoffs. I am beyond excited.

Good enough for 5th seed? When Bogut comes back, yes.

The league doesn't choose anything. Fans vote on the starters. The coaches vote on the reserves.

heattiltheend94
12-30-2012, 09:36 AM
I voted Lee as a starter this year with Durant and Duncan

b@llhog24
12-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Doubt they'll have any all-stars.

nyKnicks126
12-30-2012, 09:51 AM
I am really impressed with the way that they are playing! They are darkhorses and nobody is really talking about them on the major sports channels..

Hopefully they continue they way that they are playing. David Lee deserves his first playoff appearance.

JasonJohnHorn
12-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Curry and Lee both deserve to be on the All-Star team this year (though I'm not sure if there will be room for both... SG and PF are deep positions in the west and there are other, equally deserving guys at both positions).

And Mark Jackson is certainly in the conversation for COY. With Bogut out for so much of the season, and Rush out the entire season, I expected another 20-30 win season. I know Rush wasn't a huge part fo the offence, but he helped spread the floor and looked to be on his way a great role player and excellent 3pt shooter.

Missing those two players, that's a pretty big chuck of your team. One starter and the first guy off the bench... that really thins out your rotation.

Kudos to the Warriors. Their fans deserve something to cheer about after SO many season of futility. They've only won one playoff series in the last twenty years, and they haven't made it past the second round since 1975!

asandhu23
12-30-2012, 10:23 AM
The league doesn't choose anything. Fans vote on the starters. The coaches vote on the reserves.

I don't know, man. I have seen too many suspicious NBA drafts.

Hellcrooner
12-30-2012, 10:39 AM
if bogut was healthy they would be serious business.

b@llhog24
12-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Curry and Lee both deserve to be on the All-Star team this year (though I'm not sure if there will be room for both... SG and PF are deep positions in the west and there are other, equally deserving guys at both positions).

And Mark Jackson is certainly in the conversation for COY. With Bogut out for so much of the season, and Rush out the entire season, I expected another 20-30 win season. I know Rush wasn't a huge part fo the offence, but he helped spread the floor and looked to be on his way a great role player and excellent 3pt shooter.

Missing those two players, that's a pretty big chuck of your team. One starter and the first guy off the bench... that really thins out your rotation.

Kudos to the Warriors. Their fans deserve something to cheer about after SO many season of futility. They've only won one playoff series in the last twenty years, and they haven't made it past the second round since 1975!

It's just guards and forwards.

Mcdoh
12-30-2012, 11:28 AM
they'll make the playoffs...

ChitownBears22
12-30-2012, 11:30 AM
Thoughts?

Who cares. Let me know when it is the playoffs and they are winning.

asandhu23
12-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Thoughts?

Who cares. Let me know when it is the playoffs and they are winning.

:pity:

ChitownBears22
12-30-2012, 11:52 AM
:pity:

What? Who cares. It is a 82 game season that doesn't mean anything. Do something in the playoffs before getting crowned as anything special.

asandhu23
12-30-2012, 11:54 AM
What? Who cares. It is a 82 game season that doesn't mean anything. Do something in the playoffs before getting crowned as anything special.

you don't have to be all out negative.

ChitownBears22
12-30-2012, 11:55 AM
you don't have to be all out negative.

I am not negative. Just saying it doesn't mean anything until May/June. The Bulls won a lot of games the past two seasons. How did that work out for them? The regular season means NOTHING!

asandhu23
12-30-2012, 12:07 PM
I am not negative. Just saying it doesn't mean anything until May/June. The Bulls won a lot of games the past two seasons. How did that work out for them? The regular season means NOTHING!

So we can't have discussions about teams until they are in playoffs?

torocan
12-30-2012, 12:20 PM
GSW *should* be in the play offs, but I'm not totally sold on them at this point as much more than low seed.

They've only played ONE game against Memphis, the Clippers and OKC, their two wins against Minnesota were without Rubio OR Love, and they still haven't played a game against San Antonio or Houston.

January will be much more telling with 3 x Clippers, Memphis, SAS, OKC, and Miami.

Wombatman4
12-30-2012, 12:32 PM
GSW *should* be in the play offs, but I'm not totally sold on them at this point as much more than low seed.

They've only played ONE game against Memphis, the Clippers and OKC, their two wins against Minnesota were without Rubio OR Love, and they still haven't played a game against San Antonio or Houston.

January will be much more telling with 3 x Clippers, Memphis, SAS, OKC, and Miami.

Don't forget that one win against the Heat. In Miami.

faze38
12-30-2012, 12:41 PM

A you should be heated if you guys don't have 2 David Lee and Curry should both be all-stars. I may not be a Warriors fan but I kind of saw this coming I told my man last year that the Warriors would be a problem this year as long as Curry and Lee stay healthy this is a dangerous playoff team. Once Bogut gets back this team will be scary for any team to face because Bogut can still play D! In my eyes they get past the first round this year but unfortunately for them the Thunder, Clippers, Grizzles or Spurs will be waiting for them in the second round!

Verbal Christ
12-30-2012, 12:49 PM
mark jackson is doing a hell of a job .... i hope he teaches his players that little shoulder shimmy after highlight plays, i used to love that!

cleptopot
12-30-2012, 12:55 PM
In what way does the regular season mean nothing? It determines the seeds the teams get in with to the playoffs. Just the Warriors making the playoffs would be a success, no one is expecting them to go far.

And I dont get your comparison with the bulls (assuming you mean the 2011 bulls)-- they made the ECF.

nastynice
12-30-2012, 01:01 PM

yea, i'm excited about gsw and their obviously a good team, but still have to prove a lil more before considering them contenders

torocan
12-30-2012, 01:05 PM
What makes you think we've had a favorable schedule? We've played 17 road games, and only 14 home games. We've beaten the Clippers in L.A, the Heat in Miami, the Hawks in Atlanta, and the Nets in Brooklyn.

Clippers and Miami are great wins. Please don't toss in middling Eastern conference teams into the discussion as evidence of a tough schedule.

Atlanta is 6-5 vs the West, and the Nets are 2-6 vs the West.

If Atlanta and the Nets played in the West, it's debatable whether they would even be in the top 8 right now.

GSW may have had a tough road schedule (3rd toughest), but their opposition has been the 26th toughest. Wages of Wins ranks them as the 16th toughest schedule, in other words, average. In other words, road games against a lot of weak teams.

http://wagesofwins.com/2012/12/26/nba-power-rankings-for-the-2012-13-season-volume-2/

Compare that to Denver (2nd toughest over all schedule) and Houston (4th toughest over all schedule).

Wages of Wins has GSW's schedule as the 3rd toughest for the remainder of the season (6th toughest for schedule, and 6th toughest for difficulty of opponents).

I wouldn't expect GSW to have anything resembling their 19-9 pace for the remainder of the season.

LADTXR
12-30-2012, 01:05 PM

Clips were early in the season, they're a lot better team now. Heat win is good, at Atlanta is a good win but I expected the warriors to beat the nets, they started out hit but have been not very good the last month. I said there schedule has been favorable the last month because they only have 4 wins vs .500 or better teams and all vs the weak *** east teams. I just can't think if them as a legit contender until I see them play next months schedule.

LADTXR
12-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Clippers and Miami are great wins. Please don't toss in middling Eastern conference teams into the discussion as evidence of a tough schedule.

If Atlanta and the Nets played in the West, it's debatable whether they would even be in the top 8 right now.

GSW may have had a tough road schedule (3rd toughest), but their opposition has been the 26th toughest. Wages of Wins ranks them as the 16th toughest schedule, in other words, average. In other words, road games against a lot of weak teams.

http://wagesofwins.com/2012/12/26/nba-power-rankings-for-the-2012-13-season-volume-2/

Compare that to Denver (2nd toughest over all schedule) and Houston (4th toughest over all schedule).

Wages of Wins has GSW's schedule as the 3rd toughest for the remainder of the season (6th toughest for schedule, and 6th toughest for difficulty of opponents).

I wouldn't expect GSW to have anything resembling their 19-9 pace for the remainder of the season.

Great post

asandhu23
12-30-2012, 01:11 PM

fine, let's see how your prediction goes.

LADTXR
12-30-2012, 01:15 PM
I see them going 6-9 next month

dee279
12-30-2012, 01:29 PM
It is really good for the fans for sure. They deserve something to cheer about because they got a little too used of losing over the years in all sports basically.

Baller1
12-30-2012, 01:31 PM
They're very impressive. Curry and Lee are more than deserving of an all-star spot, especially Lee, but I see no one from this team making it.

They can definitely grab that fifth seed, they'd have a shot at a top 4 seed if Bogut was a member of the team.

tredigs
12-30-2012, 01:58 PM

I would tend to agree with this, but the Warriors have a knack to play up to their competition (they're crushing teams with a winning record) and we have our center coming back at some point this month. I'm sticking to my off season guns and remaining high on this team (for the first time ever).

Bigbadmoffo
12-30-2012, 03:07 PM
I think it's just a lucky start and this team will end up 10th seed.

ohreally
12-30-2012, 03:14 PM

Atlanta beat the Grizz, and are 1 and 1 against both the Clippers and Thunder, so using the 6-5 to downplay them when GSW is responsible for two of those losses is a bit of a distortion.

The Warriors do have a brutal stretch coming up, but they will hold their own against the Clippers. Grizz will be a problem for them as long as they don't have Bogut. Spurs could be a problem too, though on the other hand the Warriors youth and shooting could be a problem for the Spurs. Thunder should at leat be good games.

MackShock
12-30-2012, 04:11 PM
mark jackson is doing a hell of a job .... i hope he teaches his players that little shoulder shimmy after highlight plays, i used to love that!

Already being done. Look up Stephen curry shimmy on youtube

MackShock
12-30-2012, 04:16 PM
And for the record, to all of you, I am NOT sold on the Warriors being contenders just yet. I never labeled them as a contender, and neither did any of us dubs fans say that they were. They still have a lot to prove, no question. But there's no doubt that they have surprised a lot of people .. so just wanted to get your thoughts on how far you think they can go

Mike515089
12-30-2012, 05:11 PM
January is gonna be the Warriors hardest month. Here is who they play

Clippers (3 times)(2 home 1 road)
Grizzlies (Home)
Blazers (Home)
Heat (Home)
Nuggets (Road)
Spurs (Road)
Hornets (Road)
Thunder (Home)
Bulls (Road)
Bucks (Road)

They do finish the month by playing the Raptors and Cavaliers though.

D-Leethal
12-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Curry's ankles are going to need to hold up for a full season before people REALLY start to take them seriously. I love the kid and was heart broken when Dubs snagged him one draft spot ahead of us but his ankles seem to be on par with B-Roy's knees. Bogut starting to look like Oden. Its tough to build your team around 2 of those guys.

Blazers and Rockets to an extent learned that the hard way.

MackShock
12-30-2012, 06:40 PM
you cant really compare Roy's knee to Curry's ankle. Granted they were both nagging injuries but Curry seems fine now. he even slightly tweaked it last month but it did affect him.

The thing about Curry's ankle is that it was just a twist/sprain. Exploratory surgery showed no signs of any long term damage..

tredigs
12-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Curry's ankles are going to need to hold up for a full season before people REALLY start to take them seriously. I love the kid and was heart broken when Dubs snagged him one draft spot ahead of us but his ankles seem to be on par with B-Roy's knees. Bogut starting to look like Oden. Its tough to build your team around 2 of those guys.

Blazers and Rockets to an extent learned that the hard way.

Hahaha... no, dude. B-Roy's had seven surgeries on both knees and has no cartilage. Steph Curry had some bad sprains, reconstructive surgery and is now back to 100% (playing the most minutes of his career) and looking like one of the best young players in the league while doing things like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckL7_IEM7vU

I'm a Warrior fan so I'll tend to back them up, but that comparison is just dumb.

RyanStorm
12-30-2012, 07:35 PM
I think no playoff team wants to face Golden State. I mean SAS and LAL were the guys who beat us the last couple times, but at this point, after the games so far, I rather face them, then GS. Utah has beat both LAL(like 4 times), and SAS(@Energy).

MackShock
12-30-2012, 07:40 PM
I think no playoff team wants to face Golden State. I mean SAS and LAL were the guys who beat us the last couple times, but at this point, after the games so far, I rather face them, then GS.

Meh..Golden State is dangerous but they arent a veteran team like the Lakers or Spurs. We are still learning how to close out games and keeping leads.

Lakers and Spurs are battle tested while we arent.

Mr_Amaziing
12-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Why would they trade for Pierce?? He's getting old and won't help their future

TrueFan420
12-30-2012, 09:51 PM
Why would they trade for Pierce?? He's getting old and won't help their future

We wouldn't... There were rumors we were ready to trade the 7th pick for pierce but Barnes fell to us and we took him instead

D-Leethal
12-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Hahaha... no, dude. B-Roy's had seven surgeries on both knees and has no cartilage. Steph Curry had some bad sprains, reconstructive surgery and is now back to 100% (playing the most minutes of his career) and looking like one of the best young players in the league while doing things like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckL7_IEM7vU

I'm a Warrior fan so I'll tend to back them up, but that comparison is just dumb.

I didn't really mean for that to be taken literally. I honestly didn't know the details of his injuries, just that his ankles seemed to be hurt every other week last year and some surgeries. My post was directed towards the general perception of the dubs team to the typical NBA fan and the idea they aren't getting jacked up as a contender.

I think people need to be convinced his ankles can hold up for a whole season. People are going to view them as a Portland BRoy-Oden-Aldridge team that never reached its potential because of injuries, and to an extent the Yao-TMac teams. I will be rooting for him and you guys though, Lee is also one of my favorite players as you can tell by the user name, and of course the Mark Jackson-NYC connection.

lol, please
12-30-2012, 10:53 PM
fine, let's see how your prediction goes.

They're very impressive. Curry and Lee are more than deserving of an all-star spot, especially Lee, but I see no one from this team making it.

They can definitely grab that fifth seed, they'd have a shot at a top 4 seed if Bogut was a member of the team.

:clap:

h2r09
12-30-2012, 11:14 PM
I think they are 1 more year away before they are a title contender. I love the back court with Thompson and Curry and I think Harrison Barnes has amazing potential to be a great role player. They just need Biedrins contract to go away and Bogut to either produce or get his contract off the books.

Oldmantrash
12-30-2012, 11:28 PM
Counting on Bogut is risky, guy is never healthy.

No way you trade for Pierce, that's a deal you make if you are one player away from a championship. Even then in 2 years it wouldn't be worth it Barnes will be real good.

MackShock
12-30-2012, 11:56 PM
barnes has amazing potential, only to be a role player ? lol

barnes is a franchise player..the type of guy you build around. he has that gift of gab .. at worst he will be a role player if his potential doesnt pan out.

tredigs
12-31-2012, 12:09 AM
barnes has amazing potential, only to be a role player ? lol

barnes is a franchise player..the type of guy you build around. he has that gift of gab .. at worst he will be a role player if his potential doesnt pan out.

I don't see it. What does he do great, or you think he'll do great?

A lot of people are really high on Barnes, I wish I could see what they see. Because I'd love for him to be awesome, but all I see is a nice 3rd/4th scoring punch option.

h2r09
12-31-2012, 12:15 AM

A lot of people are really high on Barnes, I wish I could see what they see. Because I'd love for him to be awesome, but all I see is a nice 3rd/4th scoring punch option.

He reminds me of Kawhi Leonard kinda player. Prototypical SF. Good inside, will eventually develop a good outside shot, solid defender.

TheNumber37
12-31-2012, 12:37 AM
Likely a first round knockout.

MAYBE they can steal a series from the Spurs, but not likely.

mp3
12-31-2012, 12:57 AM
Barnes brings more to the table than non warriors fans realize. His defense has already improved tremendously since early on in the season. Definitely see him being a 18 - 22 ppg scorer down the road. The Warriors will get past the first round in the playoffs as long as they don't have to play the Thunder or Lakers. I'm saying 6th seed without Bogut, 5th seed with.

TrueFan420
12-31-2012, 02:13 AM

Agreed... I see deng type of role player but Barnes will be better offensively and not as good defensively but still solid. I was hoping we would draft drummond.

COOLbeans
12-31-2012, 03:37 PM
As someone who has personally seen them play recently here in Utah, I would have to admit that they are an amazing young talented team.

I wish Utah had that Curry, that boy can shoot.

As for ceiling, I have already put down GS as the automatic 5th spot, with LAC, MEM, OKC, and SAS at the top 4.

I think your a threat to any team whether your 1st or 8th. 1st round vs any of the top 4, I am sure you will make it tough.

Solid, objective post. :clap: