PDA

View Full Version : Celtics and Pistons "highly interested' in Demarcus Cousins

Sportfan
12-29-2012, 12:11 PM
The Boston Celtics and Detroit Pistons are two teams that have made it clear they are highly interested in DeMarcus Cousins if and when he becomes available, according to front office sources.

Still, Cousins assuredly has plenty more teams interested in acquiring him from the Sacramento Kings.
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-121228-29/year-numbers

Don't understand why Detroit would want him at all

asandhu23
12-29-2012, 12:11 PM
that goes without saying...

Hellcrooner
12-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Why in hell would pistons want him?

Play Monroe and Drummond for gods sake!!!!!!!

Cal827
12-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Detroit? What the hell? Monroe/Drummond is their future. Are they really willing to part with one of them to get the headcase from Sacramento? :facepalm:

knicksballers
12-29-2012, 12:17 PM
:facepalm:

StriveGreatness
12-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Detroit? What the hell? Monroe/Drummond is their future. Are they really willing to part with one of them to get the headcase from Sacramento? :facepalm:

We're talking about Dumars here, a guy that lately, has made a ton of dumb moves. He has liked Cousins ever since that draft so I wouldn't be surprised.

I'd be extremely upset though. Monroe is better and isn't a head case and Drummond's ceiling is just way too high to part with.

HotMayo
12-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Greg Monroe is soft. He doesn't show up against the elites + struggles against big men with size

Westbrook36
12-29-2012, 12:29 PM
76ers should be in this race..

Manimal
12-29-2012, 12:30 PM
It's old recycled news about interest before Detroit drafted Drummond.

Celtics on the other hand are reportedly in for both Tyreke and Boogie.

Gators123
12-29-2012, 12:31 PM
It's old recycled news about interest before Detroit drafted Drummond.

Celtics on the other hand are reportedly in for both Tyreke and Boogie.

This.

RipCity32
12-29-2012, 12:35 PM
If Dumars trades Drummond away I will forever want to kick him in the nuts if I get within 5 feet from him.

j0nyj0n
12-29-2012, 12:35 PM
sixers make it happen!

PleaseBeNice
12-29-2012, 12:40 PM
give me drummond and filler

Gators123
12-29-2012, 12:42 PM
give me drummond and filler

:laugh2: Never going to happen.

Alayla
12-29-2012, 12:45 PM
76ers should be in this race..

1 we have no pieces and 2 no thank you

JWO35
12-29-2012, 12:50 PM
After last night's win versus the Miami Heat, Pistons head coach Lawrence Frank was quoted as saying they are in "win now mode"

:laugh2:

RipCity32
12-29-2012, 12:58 PM
^^LOL thanks for posting that in the NBA forum JWO.

LionsFan..LOL
12-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Dumars being Dumars

mgsports
12-29-2012, 01:17 PM
To the Magic for either Anderson's or Howard's Money?

rocket
12-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Please no, god no.

JasonJohnHorn
12-29-2012, 01:38 PM
If Detroit could get him without giving up Monroe or Drummond, they would have a great three man rotation at C and PF. That said, if either of those to players are going to Sac-town in the trade, I wouldn't make the trade if I was Detroit.

I'd also be pretty happy if we got Evans back in the trade, regadless of who we'd have to give up to get him. Anybody outside of Drumond and Monroe.

LTBaByyy
12-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Collison
Mayo
Marion
Dirk
Cousins

:pray:

Trade them ton of expiring contracts if they want financial flexibility

Also willing to take Salmons or Freddete bad contracts

YoungOne
12-29-2012, 01:42 PM
get it done danny!

BKLYNpigeon
12-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Pistons have better assets and draft picks then what the Celtics can offer.

Faneik
get it done danny!

i'd like cousins in boston also

he's got issues... but if'd come doc and the veterans could help him

i imagine sullinger would be gone

Faneik

for sure

LTBaByyy
12-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Celtics would HAVE to part atleast with Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, Courtney Lee, Fab Melo and two 1st round draft picks if they want Evans and Cousins

Avery Bradley
Courtney Lee
Jeff Green
Jared Sullinger
Fab Melo

Is not a bad rebuilding line up

BKLYNpigeon
12-29-2012, 02:13 PM
i still dont think its enough for 2 top picks in Cousins and Evans. theres just no centerpiece from that Boston can offer.

LTBaByyy
12-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Rondo
Evans
Pierce
Garnett
Cousins

6th: Terry
Bass

Is a scaryyyyyy line up!!!

YoungOne
12-29-2012, 02:14 PM

but we would be willing to give up more I guess

chitownredbulls
12-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Rondo
Evans
Pierce
Garnett
Cousins

6th: Terry
Bass

Is a scaryyyyyy line up!!!

Two guards who can't shoot...old sf....old pf......center who clogs lanes for Evans who then can't play his game in driving to the basket....Evans n cousins ain't workin out in sac because of this....kings would love for rondo to be in the deal....u guys start Evans and Bradley together would be a better fit IMO

xxplayerxx23
12-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Guy has a ton of talent. With the right coach/ influence he will turn into a star IMO. Boston is the perfect place but with that being said **** that stay in Sacramento :)

Faneik
12-29-2012, 02:20 PM
i still dont think its enough for 2 top picks in Cousins and Evans. theres just no centerpiece from that Boston can offer.

just cousins would be excellent

i agree. not enough assets for both players

Lindystud36
12-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Trade Tyreke and Cousins to the Nets

Nets Part With Lopez, Marshon Brooks, Mirza Teletovic, Picks

netsgiantsyanks
12-29-2012, 02:28 PM
^meh.

Patrick Ewing33
12-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Cousins would be good in Boston. Just hope it doesn't happen. Although seeing Cousins v. Chandler would be a great match up.

Gators123
12-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Pistons beat writers keep saying the Pistons don't want Cousins. They wanted him before they drafted Drummond. No need for him now.

Sportfan
12-29-2012, 02:34 PM
lol at people saying the celtics don't have assets. You active their pieces are in the mid-late 20s and in their prime already. Melo is 22. Bradley turned 22 less than a month ago. Sullinger is 20. They are all young pieces with late lottery talent.
The only problem I see is the fit. Kings have a ton of undersized guards in Jimmer Thornton Thomas Ferdette Brooks along with Tyreke and Avery adds to that.sullinger becomes their 3rd PF along with T-Bone and Thompson.
Melo and Green make sense for the kings but I think they should add In more of their players to look to upgrade guard or PF. Might take a 3 way with the celtics

Mr_Amaziing
12-29-2012, 02:41 PM
:( Aww well I guess Okc is not getting Cousins

KingPosey
12-29-2012, 02:43 PM
Before I read this Boston fans, Bradley and ****ing Courtney lee will not get it done. It's a ****ing stupid deal

KingPosey
12-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Some of you Boston fans are insane. Fab, Bradley, sullinger? What a ****** package for a C with Cousins potential. It's even a ****** package for him as he is now

KingPosey
12-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Trade Tyreke and Cousins to the Nets

Nets Part With Lopez, Marshon Brooks, Mirza Teletovic, Picks

I would much rather do this than any of the garbage packages Boston fans are pitching. What a complete pile of **** those deals are.

rocket
12-29-2012, 02:49 PM
^meh.

Meh? Thats a damn steal for the Nets

RLundi
12-29-2012, 02:54 PM
lol at people saying the celtics don't have assets. You active their pieces are in the mid-late 20s and in their prime already. Melo is 22. Bradley turned 22 less than a month ago. Sullinger is 20. They are all young pieces with late lottery talent.
The only problem I see is the fit. Kings have a ton of undersized guards in Jimmer Thornton Thomas Ferdette Brooks along with Tyreke and Avery adds to that.sullinger becomes their 3rd PF along with T-Bone and Thompson.
Melo and Green make sense for the kings but I think they should add In more of their players to look to upgrade guard or PF. Might take a 3 way with the celtics

Those aren't assets, they're throwaways. Troubled as Cousins is, he's worth more than that. Celtics don't have enough.

netsgiantsyanks
12-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Meh? Thats a damn steal for the Nets

i don't like the idea of cousins and blatche in the same locker room. not denying the talent.

COOLbeans
12-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Bradley is better than Evans

HotMayo
12-29-2012, 03:04 PM
I'd buy season tickets of pistons got cousins

KingPosey
12-29-2012, 03:06 PM

There is nothi g to qualify that at THIS point

RLundi
12-29-2012, 03:14 PM

:confused:

How so??

PAOboston
12-29-2012, 03:18 PM
well, in the unlikely event a deal does go down, i think it would be safe to assume that sacramento would try and offload some sort of combo salmons/garcia/etc on the celtics or any other team involved so the likes of bradley/melo/sullinger/picks wont be enough to make a deal. the c's would have to ad the likes of a lee/bass/green to make it work. and even then, i dont think it works. i think a third team would have to get involved.

Sportfan
12-29-2012, 03:19 PM
There is nothi g to qualify that at THIS point
Bradley is a better defender and shooter. Neither of them are capable of running an offense. All Evans does better is slash but why even bother when he's so inefficient. I wouldn't say Bradley is the better player but he's shown more in one season than Evans has shown since his rookie year. Evans has the talent but he hasn't played better than Bradley.

RLundi
12-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Bradley is a better defender and shooter. Neither of them are capable of running an offense. All Evans does better is slash but why even bother when he's so inefficient. I wouldn't say Bradley is the better player but he's shown more in one season than Evans has shown since his rookie year. Evans has the talent but he hasn't played better than Bradley.

Even though Evans has struggled, he's still played better than Bradley. That alone proves Evans is a much better player. Bradley is a better shooter and defender but that's all. Evans does everything else better: rebound, pass, steal, less turnovers and higher win shares.

KingPosey
12-29-2012, 03:28 PM

I'm just asking, cuz I didn't, but did you look up their defensive stats because Tyreke can defend pretty well. And I really think you're beig very opinion based here and it makes me not want to get to into it

Tony_Starks
12-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Boston would be the perfect fit. Veteran team with a coach that demands respect. As opposed to the situation he's in now with a garbage team on life support and unproven coach.....

KniCks4LiFe
12-29-2012, 03:34 PM
I think OKC or Houston gets him. Unless the Knicks jump into this somehow or here's my sleeper team. Atlanta.

GrandDaddyPurp
12-29-2012, 03:36 PM

Well I think we should wait and see Bradley play a game first after returning from his injury.

GrandDaddyPurp
12-29-2012, 03:37 PM
The trade ideas Boston fans have are absolutely turrble.

Cracka2HI!
12-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Rondo for Reke and Boogie!

J4KOP99
12-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Kevin Garnett is just what the doctor ordered for Mr. Cousins.

Sportfan
12-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Even though Evans has struggled, he's still played better than Bradley. That alone proves Evans is a much better player. Bradley is a better shooter and defender but that's all. Evans does everything else better: rebound, pass, steal, less turnovers and higher win shares.
He can rebound better yes, but you don't really need boards from your guards so it's not really a big point
Shooting and defense are much higher priorities from your Shooting Guard
Evans has more turnovers and overdribbles a lot more, he has more win shares only because of minutes. Bradley had a better WS/48 last season

I'm just asking, cuz I didn't, but did you look up their defensive stats because Tyreke can defend pretty well. And I really think you're beig very opinion based here and it makes me not want to get to into it

I just did, he's a good defender but Avery has been known to be elite. He's a better defender than Rondo and he was shutting down guys like Wade and Parker last season.

Heediot
12-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Celtics would HAVE to part atleast with Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, Courtney Lee, Fab Melo and two 1st round draft picks if they want Evans and Cousins

Avery Bradley
Courtney Lee
Jeff Green
Jared Sullinger
Fab Melo

If the Celtics do that trade and add in Salmons bad contract to make the money work.

Rondo - Terry
Evans - Barbosa
Pierce - Salmons
Garnett - Bass
Cousins - Wilcox/Collins

I think both teams are better with that trade.

Chronz
12-29-2012, 04:06 PM

Avery Bradley
Courtney Lee
Jeff Green
Jared Sullinger
Fab Melo

I dont think any team wants Jeff Green, C's would have to absorb a bad contract

Ebbs
12-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Why not just play drummond

Sportfan
12-29-2012, 04:08 PM
I think OKC or Houston gets him. Unless the Knicks jump into this somehow or here's my sleeper team. Atlanta.

OKC and Atlanta aren't good fits. Thunder are better off going for a Gortat who can fit into what OKC is doing and not just take shots away from Durant.

Atlanta already has a superior frontcourt in Smith/Horford. Why would they break it up to take on a headcase?

Houston is a team that I thought about earlier, it's a matter of how much Morey covets his assets.
Parsons, Smith, Jones, Motie/Morris for Cousins and Thompson looks fair to me

nyKnicks126
12-29-2012, 04:09 PM
If I was the GM of the Kings I would trade him to Charlotte, Utah, and Portland.. Let him play in another ****** city.

Nobody wants Cousins attitude problems. The boy is a drama queen..

Sadds The Gr8
12-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Don't know why Detroit would want him, but if there was a deal it'd prolly be something like Drummond + Prince for Boogie + Garcia or some ****

THE MTL
12-29-2012, 04:12 PM
If Cousins gets under KG's watch, he'll be the best center in the league. Cousins is a huge headcase, but there is NO other center in the league that has the complete package like cousins. He can steal, pass, defend, post, and shoot baby jumpers.

Green_Monster
12-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Those aren't assets, they're throwaways. Troubled as Cousins is, he's worth more than that. Celtics don't have enough.

Green is a SF with a lot of potential. Bradley is an elite defender that has improved his offense a lot. Bass is a starting PF or a great player off the bench. Lee is a decent, and shows signs of becoming a good SG? Calling these players is laughable at best. :laugh2:

Sullinger and Melo are good, young players. Sully would have went lottery and possibly Top 10 if he wasn't injured. He's healthy and doing very good right now.

The Celtics have enough to get Cousins, although it would have to be a three team deal, IMO.

allday823
12-29-2012, 04:20 PM
If Cousins gets under KG's watch, he'll be the best center in the league. Cousins is a huge headcase, but there is NO other center in the league that has the complete package like cousins. He can steal, pass, defend, post, and shoot baby jumpers.

well said :clap:

John Walls Era
12-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Drummond is not better than Cousins.

Why in hell would pistons want him?

Play Monroe and Drummond for gods sake!!!!!!!

When those 2 play, their offense as a team goes down the drain. BUT their rebounding and defense becomes great as a team. Usually its the coaches job to make things like this work, BUT it is Lawrence Frank.

Celtics33
12-29-2012, 04:25 PM
I read somewhere that the C's can offer up a young package of Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo for DeMarcus Cousins.

sacgiants1213
12-29-2012, 04:29 PM
I believe Petrie has a pretty good relationship with Morey so a trade with Houston wouldn't be surprising. However, the Maloofs are 'reluctant' to move Cousins so nothing will probably happen.

rocket
12-29-2012, 04:29 PM

When those 2 play, their offense as a team goes down the drain. BUT their rebounding and defense becomes great as a team. Usually its the coaches job to make things like this work, BUT it is Lawrence Frank.

When Monroe and Drum play together the team plays 100 times better. And so what if Drum isn't better than Cousins? He's 19, a rookie who has played in 30 games, and is doing work with only 19 minutes per game. (7 pts, 7 reb, 1.5 blocks a game) he shouldn't be better yet.

bbd24
12-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Rondo/Melo/Sullinger/1st round pick

for

Cousins/Evans/Honeycutt

rocky4104
12-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Suns should be in the hunt as well!! Gortat for Cousins

Bigbadmoffo
12-29-2012, 04:55 PM
I think Okc has more to offer then anyone without hurting there core to get cousins.

ciaban
12-29-2012, 04:55 PM
If Detroit could get him without giving up Monroe or Drummond, they would have a great three man rotation at C and PF. That said, if either of those to players are going to Sac-town in the trade, I wouldn't make the trade if I was Detroit.

I'd also be pretty happy if we got Evans back in the trade, regadless of who we'd have to give up to get him. Anybody outside of Drumond and Monroe.
but if your not going to give up Monroe or Drumond, what are you going to be able to offer to get both Evans & Cousins?

true that

anyone else notice that Evans PPG and Assists have gone down every year?

Chronz
12-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Green is a SF with a lot of potential. Bradley is an elite defender that has improved his offense a lot. Bass is a starting PF or a great player off the bench. Lee is a decent, and shows signs of becoming a good SG? Calling these players is laughable at best. :laugh2:

Sullinger and Melo are good, young players. Sully would have went lottery and possibly Top 10 if he wasn't injured. He's healthy and doing very good right now.

The Celtics have enough to get Cousins, although it would have to be a three team deal, IMO.
Does Green even have a position and why do people think he has alot of potential? With his contract, I dont see any team willing to see if he works out.

Bass has struggled this year. Lee and Bradley are kind of redundant since they play the same position.

And what makes you think those other prospects are good young players and not just question marks? I do think they would have to be included in any deal but they seem more like guys you can pick up in any draft

Hawkeye15
12-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Not sure why Detroit would want to bring him in, he may very well be toxic for them. Boston, I can see, he would be kept in line by the vets and Doc.

Chronz
12-29-2012, 05:08 PM
I read somewhere that the C's can offer up a young package of Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo for DeMarcus Cousins.

Yea ANY deal will have to exclude Jeff Green, I mean why would ANY team want him? Only to dump an even worse contract/player combo

RLundi
12-29-2012, 05:10 PM
He can rebound better yes, but you don't really need boards from your guards so it's not really a big point
Evans has more turnovers and overdribbles a lot more, he has more win shares only because of minutes. Bradley had a better WS/48 last season

It's not really a big point? But if he was better at it than Evans, it'd be a plus wouldn't it? It's only 'not a a big point' because it doesn't help assert your point of view. And Evans is a solid defender. The only reason why Bradley is a better one is because that's his main focus. I guarantee he wouldn't be exerting all of that energy on the defensive end if he was also called upon to score.

Bradley has a higher turnover rate than Evans. And 'over dribbles a lot more' doesn't provide anything to your argument. Like I mentioned, Evans does nearly EVERYTHING better than Bradley. I'm sorry but you are not gonna convince anyone that didn't start watching basketball 6 months ago that Bradley is a better player or even in the same conversation.

RLundi
12-29-2012, 05:14 PM

Lol your evaluations are laughable at best. Green has a bad contract and for all his 'potential' he hasn't done anything at all in the NBA. Bradley had a PER of about 11 last season. Bass and Lee are both bench players. Sullinger and Melo are both unproven rookies.

Celtics have nothing to offer.

Everymanalion
12-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Id like to see a frontcourt of KG and DMC

SouthSideRookie
12-29-2012, 05:26 PM
I believe Petrie has a pretty good relationship with Morey so a trade with Houston wouldn't be surprising. However, the Maloofs are 'reluctant' to move Cousins so nothing will probably happen.

Apparently Morey has been after Cousins for quite some time. At this point I don't know how much he'd be willing to give up though.

b@llhog24
12-29-2012, 05:32 PM

I just did, he's a good defender but Avery has been known to be elite. He's a better defender than Rondo and he was shutting down guys like Wade and Parker last season.

Like Rondo? :D

He's produced more wins on the season than him so far.

Via 82 games.

Stat ON Court OFF Court Net
Minutes 598 909 39%
Offense: Pts per 100 Poss. 110.0 100.8 +9.1
Defense: Pts per 100 Poss. 107.8 106.7 +1.1

Green_Monster
12-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Does Green even have a position and why do people think he has alot of potential? With his contract, I dont see any team willing to see if he works out.

Bass has struggled this year. Lee and Bradley are kind of redundant since they play the same position.

And what makes you think those other prospects are good young players and not just question marks? I do think they would have to be included in any deal but they seem more like guys you can pick up in any draft

Green is coming off heart surgery, and is not fully recovered yet. People think he has potential because he was a high draft pick and looked pretty good before he got missed time with heart problems.

I agree with the Bass point, but he's still a very solid player. Bradley is an elite defender. He harasses the other teams best guard, putting pressure on them and causes turnovers. Lee is solid, but is struggling a little right now.

Sullinger was expected to go top 10 and possibly top 5 before he got injured. He's healthy now, and is playing great.

Melo is raw, although he's doing pretty good in the D-League right now. Check this Out.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/12/22/3796784/d-league-update-fab-melo-explodes-for-a-triple-double

Then this 4 days later.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=24872775&postcount=1

Everymanalion
12-29-2012, 05:37 PM
How far could a Rondo, DMC and KG team go? 2nd round exit as best Id say with the Knicks playin this well...

5ass
12-29-2012, 05:41 PM
The best trade would be with OKC for that Raptors pick along with OKCs pick, Eric Maynor and Perry Jones.

The only reason OKC wouldnt do this is because they wouldnt want to pay cousins max money, but if Ibaka is worth 15 mill then cousins should be as well. Cousins still has 2 more years on his rookie contract, Perkins has 3 years on his contract. IMO they should just do the trade and amnesty Perkins in his last year. They also get to keep Jeremy Lamb in case things dont work out with Martin.

OKC would basically have top 10 players at each position this year, along with a strong bench that has defensive specialists like Perkins and Sefolosha.

Green_Monster
12-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Lol your evaluations are laughable at best. Green has a bad contract and for all his 'potential' he hasn't done anything at all in the NBA. Bradley had a PER of about 11 last season. Bass and Lee are both bench players. Sullinger and Melo are both unproven rookies.

Celtics have nothing to offer.

Jeff Green has done something, especially his 2nd and 3rd seasons. Here, this is for you.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greenje02.html

I forgot PER said everything about a player, my bad.

Bass might be a bench player on certain teams, but not the Celtics. Lee is a solid bench piece.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-29-2012, 05:45 PM
The best trade would be with OKC for that Raptors pick along with OKCs pick, Eric Maynor and Perry Jones.

The only reason OKC wouldnt do this is because they wouldnt want to pay cousins max money, but if Ibaka is worth 15 mill then cousins should be as well. Cousins still has 2 more years on his rookie contract, Perkins has 3 years on his contract. IMO they should just do the trade and amnesty Perkins in his last year. They also get to keep Jeremy Lamb in case things dont work out with Martin.

OKC would basically have top 10 players at each position this year, along with a strong bench that has defensive specialists like Perkins and Sefolosha.

That would be awful for the Kings seeing that they could get much much more from the Thunder.

As for the Celtics, I've always thought that it would have to take Rondo to get Cousins.

shep33
12-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Stupid for Detroit.

hugepatsfan
12-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Green definitely has potential. He's just soft as puppy poo mentally. No assertiveness. At times he's a monster for us, but those stretches our short because he doesn't have it in him to be the stand out guy. All he's ever going to be is a role player. Not because he doesn't have the physical ability to be more, but because he doesn't mentally feel comfortable in a bigger role. Not a spotlight guy.

I truly believe if he ever got over that he could live up to his contract. He actually can do a LOT of things. I think he can be a great player if he ever feels comfortable being one.

b-ballistic
12-29-2012, 05:50 PM
he's perfect for detroit.

North Yorker
12-29-2012, 05:54 PM
I think an offer of Lamb, PJ III, Thabeet, and Toronto's 1st would be enough to get Cousins to OKC. That lineup is nasty.

Sactown could rebuild with two lotto picks (their own+ the Raps pick) along with Robinson, Lamb,etc.

5ass
12-29-2012, 05:55 PM
That would be awful for the Kings seeing that they could get much much more from the Thunder.

As for the Celtics, I've always thought that it would have to take Rondo to get Cousins.

They could use Dallas' 1st round pick and/or Jeremy Lamb, but i dont see them giving up ALL their assets for cousins. Its not about how much assets they have, its how much other teams are willing to give up thats going to set his price.

fredv
12-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Houston fan here.

I have always dreamed of picking up this guy on the Rockets. However, and this saddens me terribly, we don't have enough veteran leadership on this squad to help this kid.

A couple of years ago/further? Absolutely. But right now no. Especially considering one of the best mentors in the game (Chuck Hayes) hasn't been able to have an impact on Boogie.

This saddens me because I know that he will develop into a force if put into the right situation (Boston) and I hate passing on him. But team chemistry is more important...

In this case the situation he is put into is too important. Risk > Reward.

Great package by Boston though.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-29-2012, 06:11 PM
They could use Dallas' 1st round pick and/or Jeremy Lamb, but i dont see them giving up ALL their assets for cousins. Its not about how much assets they have, its how much other teams are willing to give up thats going to set his price.

Then Sacramento would hang up on OKC if they don't get more than Perry Jones and a pick that probably won't be top 5 when they can do way better than that for Cousins.

shep33
12-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Boston makes sense. Green and Bass for DMC and salmons.

tapajafri
12-29-2012, 06:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-121228-29/year-numbers

Don't understand why Detroit would want him at all

because down the road, Cousins will end up being better than Monroe and Drummond

Chronz
12-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Green is coming off heart surgery, and is not fully recovered yet. People think he has potential because he was a high draft pick and looked pretty good before he got missed time with heart problems.

I agree with the Bass point, but he's still a very solid player. Bradley is an elite defender. He harasses the other teams best guard, putting pressure on them and causes turnovers. Lee is solid, but is struggling a little right now.

Sullinger was expected to go top 10 and possibly top 5 before he got injured. He's healthy now, and is playing great.

Melo is raw, although he's doing pretty good in the D-League right now. Check this Out.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/12/22/3796784/d-league-update-fab-melo-explodes-for-a-triple-double

Then this 4 days later.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=24872775&postcount=1

Im pretty sure Green was struggling before his heart problems but yea I guess its hard to let go of original expectations, I feel the same way about Terrence Williams (another dominant D-League player). Bass is a nice player (when hes on his game) but with his contract/age, hes of no value for a rebuilding team.

I like Bradley, hes the only piece that I consider a MUST in this trade, but his presence makes Lee a non-choice. Ill reserve judgement on your bigs but if they were any good in the present the C's wouldn't be so reliant on KG IMO. With Bass struggling they could use any sort of production from their bigs but whenever Sullinger has come into the game, the C's fall behind. My main concern with Sully has to do with the fact that the Celtics are a poor rebounding team and hes their best rebounder, yet they still dont give him minutes.

Chronz
12-29-2012, 06:34 PM

That makes zero sense

mrblisterdundee
12-29-2012, 06:34 PM
The Boston Celtics trade Jason Terry ($5 million, 3 years), Jared Sullinger ($1.3 million, 4 years) and Fab Melo ($1.25 million) to Sacramento for Tyreke Evans ($5.25 million, 1 year) and DeMarcus Cousins ($3.9 million, 2 years).
Boston solidifies its line-up right now and forms a solid core of Rajon Rondo, Cousins, Evans and Green for the future. If anyone can make Cousins a respectable basketball player, its Kevin Garnett and the Celtics.
Sacramento takes a big hit up front but gathers a lot of untapped talent. Sullinger can play power forward and center, and Melo is a talented prospect who just hasn't gotten any playing time. Terry comes at a relatively cheap price and can provide experience, leadership and a scoring spark off the bench.

mrblisterdundee
12-29-2012, 06:35 PM

Those are the exact to players Boston can't trade.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Cousins-Monroe would be great in 3-5 years.

KingPosey
12-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Those are the exact to players Boston can't trade.

And not just that, it sucks balls for Sac.

Boston DOESN'T have pieces to acquire a big like Cousins, no matter how you want to spin it. There has to be a 3rd team involved. None of these Bos players are worth 2 ***** for Cousins

Everymanalion
12-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Two guards who can't shoot...old sf....old pf......center who clogs lanes for Evans who then can't play his game in driving to the basket....Evans n cousins ain't workin out in sac because of this....kings would love for rondo to be in the deal....u guys start Evans and Bradley together would be a better fit IMO

:clap:

5ass
12-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Then Sacramento would hang up on OKC if they don't get more than Perry Jones and a pick that probably won't be top 5 when they can do way better than that for Cousins.

So they give up almost the same value, if not more, they got from Houston for Harden? I doubt it. Cousins is not as good a player, has attitude problems and wants out of Sacramento. I dont see the Thunder giving up that much.

Sportfan
12-29-2012, 06:50 PM
How far could a Rondo, DMC and KG team go? 2nd round exit as best Id say with the Knicks playin this well...

Um I think Paul Pierce still plays for the celtics.

Obviously the celtics won't become the favorite or anything, but it improves their chances this year AND gives them a future to build around

GrandDaddyPurp
12-29-2012, 06:53 PM
There's no way in hell Cousins lands in Boston unless a third team is involved or Rondo is a part of the deal.

I would rather take the Wizards first rounder than any of the *** crack the Celtics have to offer.

Sportfan
12-29-2012, 06:56 PM
LOL, if the kings could get the wizards 1st pick unprotected, Cousins would be on his way to Washington right now.

because down the road, Cousins will end up being better than Monroe and Drummond
Cousins will be in the same position he is right now though. A young team that's not going to win for a few years. Those maturity issues will start right back up again.

Not sure if OKC is a good fit either. Let's not forget this guys is shooting 41% for a CENTER. I don't think there's enough balls to go around for Durant, Westbrook, Martin, Cousins. They should focus on a guy like Varejao or Gortat

GrandDaddyPurp
12-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Almost every trade idea I have seen is ****ing stupid. Some of you even included Evans along with Cousins. Like the trade wasn't dumb enough so you had to make yourself look more stupid.

GrandDaddyPurp
12-29-2012, 06:58 PM
LOL, if the kings could get the wizards 1st pick unprotected, Cousins would be on his way to Washington right now.

Cousins will be in the same position he is right now though. A young team that's not going to win for a few years. Those maturity issues will start right back up again.

Not sure if OKC is a good fit either. Let's not forget this guys is shooting 41% for a CENTER. I don't think there's enough balls to go around for Durant, Westbrook, Martin, Cousins. They should focus on a guy like Varejao or Gortat

What else do you see in your crystal ball

Sportfan
12-29-2012, 07:00 PM
What else do you see in your crystal ball
The kings will be a bottom feeder for the next decade

Oh wait we already know that

KingPosey
12-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Almost every trade idea I have seen is ****ing stupid. Some of you even included Evans along with Cousins. Like the trade wasn't dumb enough so you had to make yourself look more stupid.

Ya it's mind boggling what people are presenting, just absolutely worthless deals for Sac. Lets just GIVE him to Boston.

And yet they all keep trying to talk these guys up.

mets100%
12-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Remember the team that trades for him is acquiring a lot of baggage that makes him less valuable.

GrandDaddyPurp
12-29-2012, 07:05 PM
The kings will be a bottom feeder for the next decade

Oh wait we already know that

And you're a dumbass?

Oh wait..

GrandDaddyPurp
12-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Remember the team that trades for him is acquiring a lot of baggage that makes him less valuable.

Yeah but wouldn't you think the Kings would rather keep the "baggage" than take a huge step backwards in rebuilding? Anything the Celtics offer outside of Rondo would be garbage to the Kings.

rockbottom2010
12-29-2012, 07:13 PM
1 we have no pieces and 2 no thank you

i would do bynum for cousin straight up

Tony_Starks
12-29-2012, 07:22 PM

Same thing was said about Rasheed when he went to the Pistons.....

And Artest when he came to LA......

The_Jamal
12-29-2012, 07:30 PM
If we did decide to move on from Cousins, something as follows would have to be a deal with Boston:

Avery Bradley, Fab Melo, Jared Sullinger, Jeff Green for Cousins, Outlaw, Salmons

This gives us a reset by getting rid of our bad contracts and getting several young prospects we can move on with. None of the players we get back even come close to Cousins talent level, but it gives us something to work with moving forward. Cousins with Doc, Pierce, and KG would be in an excellent situation for him to properly develop in.

The_Jamal
12-29-2012, 07:33 PM
I don't know why people would include Evans in any Boston deal. Boston barely scratches the surface of having enough to get Cousins in his deflated value state.

kenzo400
12-29-2012, 07:36 PM
If we did decide to move on from Cousins, something as follows would have to be a deal with Boston:

Avery Bradley, Fab Melo, Jared Sullinger, Jeff Green for Cousins, Outlaw, Salmons

This gives us a reset by getting rid of our bad contracts and getting several young prospects we can move on with. None of the players we get back even come close to Cousins talent level, but it gives us something to work with moving forward. Cousins with Doc, Pierce, and KG would be in an excellent situation for him to properly develop in.

I don't know why everyone is bad mouthing this trade proposal. I think people have to realize that while Cousins potential is very high, he also does have a lot of weaknesses. One is his offensive game and also his "attitude" Which would set a lot of teams back from getting him. People here act like the Kings are offering Lebron James in a trade.

Green_Monster
12-29-2012, 07:51 PM

This whole post is lulz worthy.

And you're a dumbass?

Oh wait..

Resort to baiting?

Yeah but wouldn't you think the Kings would rather keep the "baggage" than take a huge step backwards in rebuilding? Anything the Celtics offer outside of Rondo would be garbage to the Kings.

The fact that you think Green, Bradley, and Bass are garbage, shows me you know nothing about basketball.

That trade seems realistic. :shrug:

As much as I love Avery, I think I would accept this deal.

Sportfan
12-29-2012, 07:57 PM

There is statistical evidence showing the kings are playing better this year without Cousins :shrug:

Why would the Celtics trade a superior top 15-20 player for a headcase who's playing below average ball this year? Melo, Deron, Paul, did not net 1 all-star player. Don't see why you all of a sudden think Cousins will who isn't near the caliber of Melo/D-Will/Paul at the time of the trade.

Nighthawk
12-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Block buster

Rondo
Green
Sullinger
Melo
1st

for

Evans
Cousins
Jimmer
Garcia

Evans/Jimmer
BradleyTerry/Barbosa
Pierce/Lee/Garcia
KG/Bass
Cousins/Wilcox

Rondo/Thomas
Thorton/Salmons
Green/Honeycutt
Robinson/Sullinger
Thompson/Melo/Hayes

KingPosey
12-29-2012, 08:48 PM
I don't know why people would include Evans in any Boston deal. Boston barely scratches the surface of having enough to get Cousins in his deflated value state.

I sure as **** dont think they have enough for Cousins.
Courtney Lee, a super dissapointing Sullinger, a D League Center, and the center piece, a defensive tweener guard coming off a huge injury, to go with our other 3 small guards.

The only player SLIGHTLY enticing is Green, and who knows what this guy will be now after his medical issues and he isnt even coming our way cheap. Maybe the 1st they own isa start as well, but **** we dont want 3 possibly 4 bench players and a 1st for what is the only shot we have at a HUGE talent player.

KingPosey
12-29-2012, 08:54 PM
This whole post is lulz worthy.

Resort to baiting?

The fact that you think Green, Bradley, and Bass are garbage, shows me you know nothing about basketball.

That trade seems realistic. :shrug:

As much as I love Avery, I think I would accept this deal.

That is a **** package for Boogie, evenwith his majorattitude flaws. The fact that its being presented and pushed is absurd.

SINCESTARBURY25
12-29-2012, 08:58 PM
The C's aren't trading Rondo they let Ray Allen walk before they gave up on Rondo.

KniCks4LiFe
12-29-2012, 08:58 PM

This is probably one of better trades I've heard. There's one problem here though.

Avery Bradley and Jeff Green, losing them will essentially hurt your team. Outlaw isn't anything special anymore and Salmons is not Bradley on D. Jeff Green is somebody BOS should want to keep. If all sides are fine w/ this deal, I can see it happening.

Cracka2HI!
12-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Block buster

Rondo
Green
Sullinger
Melo
1st

for

Evans
Cousins
Jimmer
Garcia

Evans/Jimmer
BradleyTerry/Barbosa
Pierce/Lee/Garcia
KG/Bass
Cousins/Wilcox

Rondo/Thomas
Thorton/Salmons
Green/Honeycutt
Robinson/Sullinger
Thompson/Melo/HayesI think that trade makes a lot of sense but I see Jimmer and Melo saying on their current teams.

Green_Monster
12-29-2012, 09:33 PM
That is a **** package for Boogie, evenwith his majorattitude flaws. The fact that its being presented and pushed is absurd.

I never said that would be the package. :laugh2:

Aust
12-29-2012, 10:36 PM
Celtics gotta make this happen. Would be huge

PAOboston
12-29-2012, 11:33 PM

well, that's probably the best stab at a trade i've seen so far. but i dont think they'll trade green. i think it's more likely they get a 3rd team involved and trade bass/lee for players to go to bos/sac to make the deal work (if it were to happen imo).

and personally, i dont think it would take thaaat much to get cousins. the way people are talking about how awesome he is, he's not michael jordan or larry bird. there's a reason these rumors arew out there. over the past 3 years, we've witnessed nba mega stars (deron/carmelo/dwight/etc) get traded for peanuts. what on earth gives anyone the impression that a talented but obviously troubled malcontent on a scrub team will fetch more than bonafide superstars?

i honestly dont think a trade happens but i dont think cousins will cost as much as people are saying on here.

dee279
12-29-2012, 11:41 PM

So yu are saying Detroit should trade for DMC and Tyreke and still keep their best player(Monroe) and Drummond who is probably the 2nd most promising player on that team trade value wise.That means Knight would have to be the centerpiece of the trade because no one else on that team has any value. That just seems realistic. :eyebrow:

The_Jamal
12-29-2012, 11:44 PM
well, that's probably the best stab at a trade i've seen so far. but i dont think they'll trade green. i think it's more likely they get a 3rd team involved and trade bass/lee for players to go to bos/sac to make the deal work (if it were to happen imo).

and personally, i dont think it would take thaaat much to get cousins. the way people are talking about how awesome he is, he's not michael jordan or larry bird. there's a reason these rumors arew out there. over the past 3 years, we've witnessed nba mega stars (deron/carmelo/dwight/etc) get traded for peanuts. what on earth gives anyone the impression that a talented but obviously troubled malcontent on a scrub team will fetch more than bonafide superstars?

i honestly dont think a trade happens but i dont think cousins will cost as much as people are saying on here.

Cousins deserves a strong package in return back because if he's molded correctly and coached up correctly, he's can easily be a 20-13 center. The risk (in this case Boston) is taking is that he gets his head out of his *** and just focuses on basketball.

While Bradley and Green are solid enough role players with potential to improve and Sullinger/Melo should be serviceable bigs, none of those guys will be elite players in the game. Cousins, under the guidance of Doc/KG/Pierce/Jet, would have a great opportunity to become an all-star and be a 20-13 C. I don't want to get rid of him, but the Kings are far too inept of an organization to properly develop him.

I doubt anything happens either, but a deal like this would make a ton of sense for both squads if the Kings have no choice but to trade him. Celtics get to move forward with Rondo/Cousins and have a chance to win another title in 2-3 years, while the Kings get some returns to work with

The_Jamal
12-29-2012, 11:50 PM
Courtney Lee, a super dissapointing Sullinger, a D League Center, and the center piece, a defensive tweener guard coming off a huge injury, to go with our other 3 small guards.

The only player SLIGHTLY enticing is Green, and who knows what this guy will be now after his medical issues and he isnt even coming our way cheap. Maybe the 1st they own isa start as well, but **** we dont want 3 possibly 4 bench players and a 1st for what is the only shot we have at a HUGE talent player.

Obviously, trading Cousins is a worst-case scenario and we should be exhausting every possible way to patch things up with him in the organization. But if he continues to be a problem, not give effot, etc, then we need to find value for him before we lose him for nothing.

Faneik
12-30-2012, 12:58 AM

kings would be raped

Cal827
12-30-2012, 01:38 AM

Nah

shep33
12-30-2012, 02:50 AM
Nah

Yeah, I was reaching with that one. I have no idea what Cousins' value is right now. Super talented but a nut job

bostncelts34
12-30-2012, 09:13 AM
Would love to get cousin's and evans..

Rondo
Evans
Pierce
Garnett
Cousins

That being said, it would probabaly take something like..

Bradley
Sullinger
Green
bass or lee
first rounder's

for evans, cousins, filler

Monta is beast
12-30-2012, 09:23 AM
I bet you the Pistons are trying to pair Cousins with Monroe. Cause there's no way your trading Monroe for Cousins, so there most likely trying to center the package around Drummond, and picks.

Soccafoo
12-30-2012, 09:48 AM

To call a rookie player who slipped in the draft "super disappointing*" after he has played half a season, may be a little premature.

JWO35
12-30-2012, 10:11 AM
I bet you the Pistons are trying to pair Cousins with Monroe. Cause there's no way your trading Monroe for Cousins, so there most likely trying to center the package around Drummond, and picks.

I think it's the other way around...Drummond has to much potential to trade him for a risky Cousins, but Monroe is basically equal to Cousins minus the head case

faze38
12-30-2012, 03:55 PM
He needs to be around Vets and winners or else he will be a problem. Celtics, Mavs or even the Hawks make sense anywhere else is a dumb move!

faze38
12-30-2012, 03:57 PM
I think it's the other way around...Drummond has to much potential to trade him for a risky Cousins, but Monroe is basically equal to Cousins minus the head case

This is a crazy statement Cousins has way more potential then Drummond he is just super immature! If he can get his act together he is a beast!

RipCity32
12-30-2012, 04:19 PM
This is a crazy statement Cousins has way more potential then Drummond he is just super immature! If he can get his act together he is a beast!

Absolutley not Drummond has way more talent defensivley hes a better shot blocker,rebounder (especially offensive rebounds) and is more athletic and faster.Drummond has more talent and potential than Cousins and Monroe but people that dont watch the Pistons everyday cant really tell this looking at the stat lines but when you do look at it remember Drummond is still 19yrs old and only getting 18mpg.

rocket
12-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Absolutley not Drummond has way more talent defensivley hes a better shot blocker,rebounder (especially offensive rebounds) and is more athletic and faster.Drummond has more talent and potential than Cousins and Monroe but people that dont watch the Pistons everyday cant really tell this looking at the stat lines but when you do look at it remember Drummond is still 19yrs old and only getting 18mpg.

And avg 7 points 7 rebounds 1.5 blocks in 18 mins which is insane

Phenomenonsense
12-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Love Monroe, think Cousins has a lot of potential, but Drummond is more valuable than both of them combined. (Only exaggerating a little)

JLynn943
12-30-2012, 07:02 PM
I highly doubt it would happen, but I'd do Cousins for Monroe in a heartbeat

rocket
12-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Cousins is better than Monroe right now. But not by much. Cousins just a disaster waiting to happen.

JLynn943
12-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Cousins is better than Monroe right now. But not by much. Cousins just a disaster waiting to happen.

I agree, but him being a headcase makes Monroe more valuable imo. They're close enough talent-wise.

StriveGreatness
12-30-2012, 07:15 PM

You have that backwards. Monroe is better than Cousins.

rocket
12-30-2012, 07:23 PM
You have that backwards. Monroe is better than Cousins.

It's really close. But I think it's Cousins. And I hate Cousins and like Moose.