PDA

View Full Version : Is Carmelo Anthony The Biggest Ball Hog In The NBA?

Pages : [1] 2

MetroMan
12-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Hear me out

Anthony is taking nearly 21 shots a game.... Only 1.9 assists though. He never averaged more than 3.6 assists.

I know you wanna say Westbrook is a ball hog but at least he gets 8.7 assists a game. If he wants, he can be the leading scorer in assists if he paid less attention to his offense game

I know you wanna say Kobe never passes the ball but funny enough he is averaging 5 assists a game. He also had a career high of 5.9 assists once. Over the last decade Kobe been having 5 assists a game per year

Safe to say melo is the biggest ball hog in the nba?

Kashmir13579
12-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Carmelo is playing the best ball of his life. Call him what you will.

Becks2307
12-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Melo's assists stats are skewed because of Kidd. Melo usually gets the hockey assist.

ManRam
12-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Meh. Melo tends to do what's most needed. He's essentially playing PF this year...you're not looking for passing from that position.

Not sure I'd label him a "ballhog". He's just a high volume scorer.

thapastime7
12-28-2012, 03:37 PM
melo isnt running the point as matter fact he is in the post most of the time. tell me a pf or center that has high assist not many. He draws the double team and he kicks it out to start the ball movement to the open man on the other side of the court that why he doesnt have as many. i dont think he is ball hogging i think just a player that dominates the ball. to me a ball hog is someone who shoots and shoots without looking for an open man.

blahblahyoutoo
12-28-2012, 03:37 PM
he's actually been pretty unselfish this year, but overall on the ball-hog-o meter, he's closer to hog than not.

kdspurman
12-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Meh. Melo tends to do what's most needed. He's essentially playing PF this year...you're not looking for passing from that position.

Not sure I'd label him a "ballhog". He's just a high volume scorer.

Other than saying this thread will get ugly at some point, this is pretty much what I thought, especially when you look at the way the team is currently structured.

nickdymez
12-28-2012, 03:39 PM
melo isnt running the point as matter fact he is in the post most of the time. tell me a pf or center that has high assist not many. He draws the double team and he kicks it out to start the ball movement to the open man on the other side of the court that why he doesnt have as many. i dont think he is ball hogging i think just a player that dominates the ball. to me a ball hog is someone who shoots and shoots without looking for an open man.

Lebron

ManRam
12-28-2012, 03:41 PM
LeBron plays PF, sure. But his role on the team isn't at all like a traditional PF.

Our traditional definitions of positions continue to mean less and less, and the Heat and LeBron are at the forefront of that. He starts at PF, but he isn't a "power forward".

Melo plays a more traditional PF role on that team. LeBron basically is positionless.

javsvt
12-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Who cares, they are winning. Why woud someone bring up his assist numbers, just to stir the pot? It's ok, he's paying well, and assist are dished out by the guards.

HaruSoul
12-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Melo has been far from a ball hog this year.

EnWhyKay
12-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Why?.....

Just Why?...

Leave the Knicks and Carmelo alone.. I know you folk hate the fact that we are winning but why troll us?.. Nobody says anything remotely close about Kobe that they say of Melo.. Let the man be great.

MetroMan
12-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Melo's assists stats are skewed because of Kidd. Melo usually gets the hockey assist.

No

For his career he is averaging 3 assists per game while shooting 20 shots a game.

Ball hog.

KnicksTape
12-28-2012, 03:46 PM
You can tell this guy hasn't watched the Knicks play this year. Or just never played basketball.

ManRam
12-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Why?.....

Just Why?...

Leave the Knicks and Carmelo alone.. I know you folk hate the fact that we are winning but why troll us?.. Nobody says anything remotely close about Kobe that they say of Melo.. Let the man be great.

I mean, it's not a ridiculous question. Tons of shots + few assists. It is what it is. He fills his role fine, which is why the "ballhog" label isn't fitting. He is NOT a passer, but that doesn't mean he's selfish or a ballhog. He's just a scoring power forward.

But, I'll make an offer...we "leave you alone" if you "leave us alone" ;) Knicks fans are now on a two way street. They're finally relevant again and are reveling in it, yet at the same time they aren't ready for the criticism, critiques and jabs that come with being that good again. Gotta learn to deal with it!

javsvt
12-28-2012, 03:47 PM
He is a Laker fan, he is trying to divert the attention away from Kobe.:D

KnickaBocka.44
12-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Troll thread, in before close.

b@llhog24
12-28-2012, 03:49 PM
No. Kobe Bryant still plays basketball.

MetroMan
He is a Laker fan, he is trying to divert the attention away from Kobe.:D

I live in new York.

Hawkeye15
Melo is a ball hog, but I really don't think that label is always negative. There are way worse out there, for sure.

javsvt
12-28-2012, 03:51 PM
I live in new York.

Who do you root for? It's very easy to find out by your post....

bucketss
12-28-2012, 03:52 PM
gotta go with the brick mamba.

JNoel
12-28-2012, 03:56 PM
AI says hi.

Kashmir13579
12-28-2012, 03:56 PM

Actually the mods welcome troll threads as long as they're about the Knicks. Nothing we're not used to.

ManRam
12-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Actually the mods welcome troll threads as long as they're about the Knicks. Nothing we're not used to.

:laugh:

Really?

There actually haven't been any bad posts in this thread...except from Knicks fans. :shrug: Asking if a player is a "ball hog" is far from trolling. Lighten up!

Melo looks to score first, score second, score third, and doing something else 4th. It is what it is, but it isn't BAD for the team. Label him what you want, but he's a volume scorer who rarely passes. :shrug: It's not an insult. It's not trolling. It's discussion...

It's actually interesting to see how people label players sometimes.

nickdymez
12-28-2012, 03:57 PM

As long as its not about the Heat or Lebron, its ok.. Troll away!

javsvt
12-28-2012, 03:58 PM

Really?

There actually haven't been any bad posts in this thread...except from Knicks fans. :shrug: Asking if a player is a "ball hog" is far from trolling. Lighten up!

Why make a new thread, there have been plenty he can post in......

seikou8
12-28-2012, 03:59 PM
he is playing like new melo and just because he is not get assists doesnt mean he ballhogging

Kashmir13579
12-28-2012, 03:59 PM

Really?

There actually haven't been any bad posts in this thread...

Except for the OP, right? :facepalm:

Greedy22
12-28-2012, 04:00 PM
No, assist totals are a horrible way to tell if someone is a ballhog. Plus he's playing the PF position right now.

JNoel
As long as the thread isn't based on Kobe or the Lakers, it's ok.. Troll away. ;)

ManRam
Except for the OP, right? :facepalm:

He posed a question...actually backed it up, brought up other examples.

You disagree. Sure? Tell us why.

Saying something potentially negative (as Hawk said, it isn't even necessarily a negative thing) doesn't mean it's trolling.

But this thread probably will be closed, because Knicks fans have hijacked it into the "woe is us" jig again...

oak2455
12-28-2012, 04:02 PM
why is this opened if the OP was banned?? Classic

Kashmir13579
12-28-2012, 04:02 PM
No

For his career he is averaging 3 assists per game while shooting 20 shots a game.

Ball hog.

LOL he made this thread to call 'Melo a ball hog and rip the Knicks yet its not a troll thread. :laugh2:

Thats funny manram..

seikou8
12-28-2012, 04:03 PM
kevin durant averages 3.0 assists for his career is he a ball hog :rolleyes:

Kashmir13579
12-28-2012, 04:04 PM
He posed a question...actually backed it up, brought up other examples.

You disagree. Sure? Tell us why.

Saying something potentially negative (as Hawk said, it isn't even necessarily a negative thing) doesn't mean it's trolling.

But this thread probably will be closed, because Knicks fans have hijacked it into the "woe is us" jig again...

I didn't even say i disagree, i said this is a troll thread, which it obviously is. :facepalm:

javsvt
12-28-2012, 04:04 PM
He could've posted in anyone of these threads, and that's when I only searched Melo. I could've searched Carmelo Anthony, and more would've come up.....
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/search.php?searchid=20362252

ManRam
12-28-2012, 04:06 PM
LOL he made this thread to call 'Melo a ball hog and rip the Knicks yet its not a troll thread. :laugh2:

Thats funny manram..

You still haven't explained why he isn't. ;)

You know the best way to shut up trolls? Embarrass them with logic and show them how wrong they are. Discussion is fun...people can learn from it.

And you say you don't necessarily disagree. So you're saying he could be right, AKA making a COMPLETELY valid point...and just because it's not something some people want to hear it's "trolling". Nah...doesn't work like that.

Is the "Is Michael Beasley the biggest bust ever" thread trolling, just because it's saying something negative about a player...that could be somewhat true? Or no, because 1/5th of this forum isn't Suns fans...

Kashmir13579
12-28-2012, 04:07 PM

You know the best way to shut up trolls? Embarrass them with logic and show them how wrong they are. Discussion is fun...people can learn from it.

Hey guess what ManRam... Everyone already KNOWS 'Melo is a ballhog.. Its common troll knowledge. The OP isn't wrong at all, just a troll.

javsvt
12-28-2012, 04:09 PM

He has stats, but as others say, the assists are coming from elsewhere. And as far as ball hogging, he is a scorer, and his scoring is winning games or us. So to bring a thread labeling Ballhog like if we are losing, is a little extreme, NO?
But, that's what the site wants, god bless them.

Kashmir13579
12-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Just another trollish day on PSD, nothing to see here. This is why i rarely post in the NBA forum anymore. Bunch of dullards and dunces.

JNoel
12-28-2012, 04:10 PM
ManRamForMod24 is right, this isn't a troll thread at all. Melos assist to shot taken ratio is ridiculous.

ManRam
12-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Just another trollish day on PSD, nothing to see here. This is why i rarely post in the NBA forum anymore. Bunch of dullards and dunces.

What a dunce! He said something you agree with! ;)

I'm just arguing for the sake of it. I can do that now...and be a bit annoying. Don't mind me :love:

Melo's a ball hog...but it isn't in a detrimental manner. He's score first, score second...and that's what the team needs.

MetroMan
12-28-2012, 04:11 PM
kevin durant averages 3.0 assists for his career is he a ball hog :rolleyes:

His averaging 4 this year. Not so bad for a 6 foot 10 person that plays with a ball dominant point guard

javsvt
ManRamForMod24 is right, this isn't a troll thread at all. Melos assist to shot taken ratio is ridiculous.
:horse::laugh:

Kashmir13579
Cause Carmelo being a ballhog is totally relevant when the Knicks are winning and 'Melo is balling out of control..

I'm done with PSD for an extended period of time. I'll check back in a months time and see what the trolls are up to.

sep11ie
12-28-2012, 04:13 PM
No, but his teammate J.R. Smith might be.

javsvt
12-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Safe to say melo is the biggest ball hog in the nba?

His averaging 4 this year. Not so bad for a 6 foot 10 person that plays with a ball dominant point guard

So, you answered your own question.....:facepalm:

sep11ie
12-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Cause Carmelo being a ballhog is totally relevant when the Knicks are winning and 'Melo is balling out of control..

I'm done with PSD for an extended period of time. I'll check back in a months time and see what the trolls are up to.

Promise?

MetroMan
12-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Hey guess what ManRam... Everyone already KNOWS 'Melo is a ballhog.. Its common troll knowledge. The OP isn't wrong at all, just a troll.

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Me trolling? C'mon man, Iv been a knick fan for a very long time and I would love to see you guys in the finals. Just because I state true facts about melo and his ways doesn't mean im a troll.

JNoel
12-28-2012, 04:15 PM

The Knicks forum will always welcome you, stick around Kashmir, they need you.

Rockice_8
12-28-2012, 04:16 PM
The guy is probably the best scorer in the league after Durant so let him do what he does best. He's why the Knicks are playing so well right now. They surrounded him with guys that make the extra pass to him and cover up his weaknesses in playmaking and defense.

Don't knock it if it's working. But yes probably the one of the biggest.

IversonIsKrazy
He is playing the SF position to perfection. All biased aside, fundementally, the PG is to set up a play will every other position is pretty much to score. Melo is the best pure scorer in the league today. He is playing his perfection to perfection; SF position is supposed to be a scorer. Simple as that.
Although if u just look at APG and compare to others u automatically think he's a ball hog. But if u think logically, isn't that kind of the job of a SF? To score and be aggressive ?

b@llhog24
It's honestly not that serious. I personally wouldn't call Melo a ballhog because he just simply doesn't have the feel for passing the ball. If he tried to force the issue by passing then it would only result in a **** load of turnovers, also his teams makeup needs to be taken into context.

With all that bein said, he can get tunnel vision from time to time, has questionable shot selection, and well he just shoots a ton of shots. I could see why some would call him a ballhog. :shrug:

RLundi
12-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Nah, there some guy out in Cali that enjoys having balls between his hands.

seikou8
12-28-2012, 04:19 PM

if watched melo he gets alot of hockey assists and he is the guy we dont a star on offense end so he draws the double and then kicks outs then we move te ball along the perimeter and that how the knicks get so many threes

MetroMan
12-28-2012, 04:20 PM

Um... What.

Carmelo has been the sole man on his team for over a decade now and he has never averaged more than 3.6 assists. Durant, half the seasons played compared to melo has been averaging 4 assists a game this year. Keep in mind Westbrook controls the ball all the time. And I mean all the time. Don't compare Kidd to Westbrook because not only does brook get nearly 9 assists a game but he also takes nearly 19 shots a game.

JNoel
12-28-2012, 04:21 PM

if watched melo he gets alot of hockey assists and he is the guy we dont a star on offense end so he draws the double and then kicks outs then we move te ball along the perimeter and that how the knicks get so many threes

He was talking about Kevin Durant, Melo averages less assists...

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 04:22 PM
I mean, it's not a ridiculous question. Tons of shots + few assists. It is what it is. He fills his role fine, which is why the "ballhog" label isn't fitting. He is NOT a passer, but that doesn't mean he's selfish or a ballhog. He's just a scoring power forward.

But, I'll make an offer...we "leave you alone" if you "leave us alone" ;) Knicks fans are now on a two way street. They're finally relevant again and are reveling in it, yet at the same time they aren't ready for the criticism, critiques and jabs that come with being that good again. Gotta learn to deal with it!

Yes he is a huge ball hog. He can score at will though.

Idk why my comp quoted you. it was supposed to be it's own post.

Cali4rnia
12-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Hey don't say that he is in my fantasy league lol :)

MetroMan
12-28-2012, 04:23 PM

Thank you. At least someone can read read around here.

VillaMaravilla
I swear I think a lot of you guys wouldnt sleep for a month if the Knicks were ever to win a Chip lol you guysl just cant stop talking about the Knicks

javsvt

Ok, but we answered his question, Felton, Kidd, and Prigs, primarily with the ball. And maybe, just maybe he is not a good assist guy, but we are winning, so what is the argument again?

seikou8
12-28-2012, 04:25 PM
Um... What.

Carmelo has been the sole man on his team for over a decade now and he has never averaged more than 3.6 assists. Durant, half the seasons played compared to melo has been averaging 4 assists a game this year. Keep in mind Westbrook controls the ball all the time. And I mean all the time. Don't compare Kidd to Westbrook because not only does brook get nearly 9 assists a game but he also takes nearly 19 shots a game.

not true durant has handle the ball some since harden left like i said assists doesnt mean your passing the ball or hoging the ball people do have to make the shot.

RLundi
12-28-2012, 04:26 PM
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Me trolling? C'mon man, Iv been a knick fan for a very long time and I would love to see you guys in the finals. Just because I state true facts about melo and his ways doesn't mean im a troll.

So you switched from being a Knicks fan to a Lakers fan?

Interesting. When did you switch? Is it when the Knicks were going through that rough patch for most of the 2000s?

MetroMan
12-28-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm signing off now. This has turned into attack the op now. I wanna thank manRam and hawkeye for being the only 2 civil contributors to this thread.

blahblahyoutoo
12-28-2012, 04:27 PM

oh please, stop playing the victim hard all the time.

javsvt
12-28-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm signing off now. This has turned into attack the op now. I wanna thank manRam and hawkeye for being the only 2 civil contributors to this thread.

oh please, stop playing the victim hard all the time.

Now we have two victims?

xxplayerxx23
12-28-2012, 04:32 PM
Call him what you like he is a star that is helping his team win. The team needs a guy to carry the scoring load and he is doing it very efficiently I might add

seikou8
12-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Call him what you like he is a star that is helping his team win. The team needs a guy to carry the scoring load and he is doing it very efficiently I might add

well said

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Is Kobe still playing?

JNoel
12-28-2012, 04:35 PM
The team may be winning by his scoring, but he will be far from MVP until he starts racking up more assists. Until then will he become a superstar.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 04:36 PM
So you switched from being a Knicks fan to a Lakers fan?

Interesting. When did you switch? Is it when the Knicks were going through that rough patch for most of the 2000s?

Or maybe the whole time your franchise has existed. :laugh2:

ewing
12-28-2012, 04:37 PM
He isn't even the biggest ball hog on the team. Chris Copeland shoots everytime he touches the ball and i like that he is on the team

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Is Kobe still playing?

Kobe has avgd. 5 assists a game for his career. Melo can't and don't pass for ****.

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Kobe has avgd. 5 assists a game for his career. Melo can't and don't pass for ****.

Iverson has average 8 in his career but is a well known ball hog. Point is stats doesn't tell te whole story.

Hawkeye15
12-28-2012, 04:40 PM
since when are apg how you decide who is a ball hog? Look, Melo is playing the 4, and they are running the offense through him. It is designed for him to shoot a lot. Does he get tunnel vision at times? Sure, but so do Kobe, Durant, and a few other great scorers. Melo is a scorer. Always has been. And if you want to point at him taking too many shots, I will gladly take his percentages this year with the volume he is shooting. To me, a "ball hog" is a player who shoots a ton and has a negative impact. That can not be said of Melo this season so far.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Iverson has average 8 in his career but is a well known ball hog. Point is stats doesn't tell te whole story.

Melo can score. That's it! Get over it.

SteBO
12-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Melo's trusted his teammates far more this year than he ever has his whole career, and it's because he knows he'll get his shots within the offense. The only other year this was the case with him was in 2009 with Chauncey Billups as the teams' lead guard. He now has Kidd along side him, and it's made a difference. Melo's shooting the ball has only helped the Knicks this year.....

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 04:52 PM

And Kobe's a ball hog get over it

SteBO
And can rebound, and is playing much better defense. It doesn't matter what his assist numbers are when you have Kidd and a locked-in Felton on your team. All Melo has to do is trust his PG's, and all is well.....Let's not overstate apg.

ILLUSIONIST^248
And Kobe's a ball hog get over it

A ball hog with 5 assists a game and 5 rings.:cool:

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 04:53 PM
And can rebound, and is playing much better defense. It doesn't matter what his assist numbers are when you have Kidd and a locked-in Felton on your team. All Melo has to do is trust his PG's, and all is well.....Let's not overstate apg.

I would hardly call 6 rebs a game a "rebounder"

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Melo's trusted his teammates far more this year than he ever has his whole career, and it's because he knows he'll get his shots within the offense. The only other year this was the case with him was in 2009 with Chauncey Billups as the teams' lead guard. He now has Kidd along side him, and it's made a difference. Melo's shooting the ball has only helped the Knicks this year.....

Yes I agree, Kidd has done wonders for Melo and gotten him easier shots. Plus the fact he's surrounded by shooters for the first time in his career has a lot to do with his success. I've always say you put shooters around him, he'll and the team will excel.

Melo is playing the PF and taking the responsiblity to be the leading scorer. I'm pretty sure Woodson is more worried about Felton and Kidd's assist being up than Melo's!

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 04:55 PM

Did he have 5 assist when he scored 81 points or average 22 shots? And Robert Horry has 7 rings what's your point?

SteBO
12-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Hahaha that's cute and all, but you made a claim that all Melo can do is score. Six rebounds per game indicates that he can rebound the ball, which disproves your theory that Melo's a one-dimensional player this year.

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 04:57 PM

Melo is one of "if not" the best rebounder at his position :facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-28-2012, 04:59 PM
yes he's a ballhog, but an efficient one...at least this season

LongIslandIcedZ
12-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Can someone post a definition of a ball hog? Because I'm pretty sure nobody has a concrete definition.

More often than not, when calling someone a ballhog, there is a negative connotation with it.

Melo shoots a lot, but he isnt shooting to the detriment of his team. That is my definition of a ballhog. Looking for your own first, but to the detriment of the team. If you are not making the team better, yet you continue you bomb away, then I consider you a ballhog. Not even close to Melo.

- At times I want to consider Felton a ball hog

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Did he have 5 assist when he scored 81 points or average 22 shots? And Robert Horry has 7 rings what's your point?

No beacuase he scored 81. Yes he did. As a matter of fact he's avg. 5 assist a game now and shooting 22fg per game:facepalm:. The point is Kobe has done something right over his career.What has melo done.

javsvt
12-28-2012, 05:06 PM
No beacuase he scored 81. Yes he did. As a matter of fact he's avg. 5 assist a game now and shooting 22fg per game:facepalm:. The point is Kobe has done something right over his career.What has melo done.

Phil Jackson had nothing to do with those rings?

bucketss
12-28-2012, 05:06 PM
laker and knick fans arguing its a beautiful sight :''')

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Hahaha that's cute and all, but you made a claim that all Melo can do is score. Six rebounds per game indicates that he can rebound the ball, which disproves your theory that Melo's a one-dimensional player this year.

he can score and thats it bro. Dont cry.

SteBO
12-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Not sure why you're bringing rings into the conversation. This isn't about titles, this is about playing style. 'Melo has moved the ball well and has been efficient playing within the offense, which is something many people have been aching for Melo to do. He's doing it now, so I fail to understand why you aren't giving credit where it's due....

SteBO
12-28-2012, 05:10 PM
he can score and thats it bro. Dont cry.
It's like talking to a deaf guy........

RenegadeRiot36
12-28-2012, 05:10 PM
I dont think you've ever seen Alonzo Gee play. If you give him the ball, its guaranteed that he will either drive into a double team and chuck the ball up in a hasty layup attempt or shoot a three. He doesnt know the meaning of passing. The reason he doesnt have that many shots is because they dont give him the ball anymore.

javsvt
12-28-2012, 05:11 PM
laker and knick fans arguing its a beautiful sight :''')

That's because Laker fans seem to defend Kobe all the time, don't know why. Anyone have any ideas?

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Phil Jackson had nothing to do with those rings?

Uhhh yeah he was the coach? Did he hit a game winner for them or something?

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 05:12 PM

Yeah it's Melo fault he didn't have Shaq as a teammate and Phil as his coach. Stop being a ****ing homer. Apg doesn't tell the whole story. Explain to me why is Iverson labeled a ball hog when he averaged 8 assist for his career

ILLUSIONIST^248

lollolol 6 rebs for a pf is one of the best.lololololol

RonE Coleman
Who cares if he is a ballhog? Its worked for Kobe hasn't it.

Plus I would rather have Melo take a shot when he is double teamed than Ronnie Brewer take a shot when he is wide open lol.

Money_23
12-28-2012, 05:13 PM

uhhhhh.....no.....

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Uhhh yeah he was the coach? Did he hit a game winner for them or something?

Did Kobe? :facepalm:

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Not sure why you're bringing rings into the conversation. This isn't about titles, this is about playing style. 'Melo has moved the ball well and has been efficient playing within the offense, which is something many people have been aching for Melo to do. He's doing it now, so I fail to understand why you aren't giving credit where it's due....

Yeah he's been playing good. How is under 2 assists a game "moving the ball well? His team has alot to do with thier success as well man.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:15 PM
uhhhhh.....no.....

lolol funniest thing ever huh.

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 05:16 PM
lollolol 6 rebs for a pf is one of the best.lololololol

Yeah and the ones that are ahead of him are Durant and James making a top 3 rebounder which means he's one of the best :facepalm:

ILLUSIONIST^248
Yeah it's Melo fault he didn't have Shaq as a teammate and Phil as his coach. Stop being a ****ing homer. Apg doesn't tell the whole story. Explain to me why is Iverson labeled a ball hog when he averaged 8 assist for his career

Q for you. How far has Melo been in the playoffs and what is his overall playoff record?

xxplayerxx23
He is playing the 4 that doesn't mean he is a 4 he is underSized. You have to be a person that dislikes melo or is just plain blind to tell me or anybody for that matter that melo isn't one of the best rebounders at his position.

javsvt
12-28-2012, 05:17 PM
I just find it funny, thread is about being a ball hog, Knick fans come in and protect their player, but somehow Kobe gets thrown in as a ball hog like Melo. Interesting.....

nickdymez

Robert Horry started, won finals MVP, was an all-star, all NBA 1st team, etc??? :facepalm:

GiantsSwaGG
Q for you. How far has Melo been in the playoffs and what is his overall playoff record?

Wait the team was called Denver Melo's?

And why haven't you answered my question?

javsvt
12-28-2012, 05:18 PM

What does that have anything to do with he thread, see when you run out of points, you divert attention. NICE JOB!

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Robert Horry started, won finals MVP, was an all-star, all NBA 1st team, etc??? :facepalm:

Yet has more rings than Kobe. I guess that means he's better since we want to use the rings argument

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 05:19 PM
What does that have anything to do with he thread, see when you run out of points, you divert attention. NICE JOB!

He's trying to avoid my Iverson question. He's a troll

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Yeah and the ones that are ahead of him are Durant and James making a top 3 rebounder which means he's one of the best :facepalm:

So melo is not playing pf huh? He's 63rd in the league in rebs. btw.

xxplayerxx23
12-28-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm not going to bother with this guy.he prob thinks Kobe>Jordan and Kobe> Lebron now so ill pass. Just with this one comment Kobe is the only player I know that has a dominant pg and c and still puts up as many shots. His team succeeds more when he shoots less but he would rather get his then do what the team needs to win

Faneik
12-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Yeah he's been playing good. How is under 2 assists a game "moving the ball well? His team has alot to do with thier success as well man.

incoherency at its best

xxplayerxx23
12-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Apg lmao yeah melo doesn't move the ball because he only averages 1.9 apg. Apg is everything

nickdymez
12-28-2012, 05:21 PM

Yet has more rings than Kobe. I guess that means he's better since we won't to use the rings argument

I know your trying to be ignorant on purpose, but stop it because your logic is so tremendously flawed that its hard to tell if you believe this **** your saying.

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 05:22 PM
So melo is not playing pf huh? He's 63rd in the league in rebs. btw.

Now I get it, you can't read. I said one of the best rebounder at his position (natural position SF)... If you don't know that by now you obviously lack basketball knowledge

javsvt
12-28-2012, 05:23 PM
incoherency at its best

See, I hate Celtic fans, but they aren't dumb.;)

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 05:25 PM
I know your trying to be ignorant on purpose, but stop it because your logic is so tremendously flawed that its hard to tell if you believe this **** your saying.

You guys are using the ring argument to show Kobe's better and discredit Melo, I'm countering that with the fact Horry has more rings and more post season wins than Kobe. Since you simply can't understand, using the ring logic is stupid. Winning rings is a team accomplishment.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:25 PM

These kids always go to the robert horry excuse.

Money_23
12-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Now I get it, you can't read. I said one of the best rebounder at his position (natural position SF)... If you don't know that by now you obviously lack basketball knowledge

what about Shawn Marion, Luol Deng, AK47, Thaddeus Young, Paul George?

ILLUSIONIST^248
Wait the team was called Denver Melo's?

And why haven't you answered my question?

What q.

ILLUSIONIST^248
Yet has more rings than Kobe. I guess that means he's better since we want to use the rings argument

how many does melo got?

GiantsSwaGG
These kids always go to the robert horry excuse.

And you kids always go to the ring excuse. Facts Horry more rings than Kobe

Horry>Kobe

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:28 PM

By my understanding, Melo is playing pf this year.

xxplayerxx23
Lol rings

GiantsSwaGG
What q.

Why was Iverson labeled a ball hog while averaging 8 assist?

ILLUSIONIST^248

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-Kobe24-TJ19-

yes he still averaged 5 assists when taking 22 shots.

btw melo istaking 21 shots per game this season with 1 apg...so your point?

GiantsSwaGG

Melo is a better rebounder than all those guys

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:29 PM
And you kids always go to the ring excuse. Facts Horry more rings than Kobe

Horry>Kobe

Fact: Melo has never been to the finals.

KOBE>melo

Faneik
how many does melo got?

melo wasn't fortunate enough to play with a prime shaq.

or gasol, bynum, artest, odom

when kobe didn't have help he was a 1st round playoff exit

RonE Coleman

Thad is a PF
Paul George is a SG

AK47 and Marion are absolutely better rebounders than Melo but Deng averages .1 more RPG than Melo over his career

Troll harder

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 05:30 PM
how many does melo got?

How many does Robert Horry have?

ILLUSIONIST^248
Melo is a better rebounder than all those guys

That's not what the stats say bud.

Money_23
the REAL GOAT list:

1. Bill Russell
2. Sam Jones
3. John Havlicek, Tom Heinsohn, Tom Sanders
4. Robert Horry
5. Kareem, Cousy, MJ, Pippen
6. Kobe, Fisher, Magic, Mikan

:laugh2:

Kobe 6th greatest of all time :worthy:

ILLUSIONIST^248
How many does Robert Horry have?

7 more than melo :laugh2:

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Why was Iverson labeled a ball hog while averaging 8 assist?

Because he shot 40 percent.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:32 PM

He forgot to do research.lolloloolol

xxplayerxx23
Melo>Kobe

GiantsSwaGG

Kobe is asked to pass, he has the ball in his hands more than Melo. Melo is asked to score nothing more. If you based all your facts on apg than I guess Melo is a better scorer than James and Durant since he's averaging more ppg

RonE Coleman
melo wasn't fortunate enough to play with a prime shaq.

or gasol, bynum, artest, odom

when kobe didn't have help he was a 1st round playoff exit

Or have the best coach of all time as well.

xxplayerxx23
Apg as an argument :laugh:

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Fact: Melo has never been to the finals.

KOBE>melo

And Robert Horry been to more finals

Horry> Kobe

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:33 PM
melo>kobe

no.

xxplayerxx23
12-28-2012, 05:34 PM
no.

Interesting prove me wrong.

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 05:35 PM
That's not what the stats say bud.

Stats also say Melo a better scorer than Lebron and Durant since he averages more this season :facepalm:

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:35 PM
And Robert Horry been to more finals

Horry> Kobe

Lol you're making your self look really dumb.

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 05:36 PM
7 more than melo :laugh2:

More than Kobe too :laugh2:

Money_23
Thad is a PF
Paul George is a SG

AK47 and Marion are absolutely better rebounders than Melo but Deng averages .1 more RPG than Melo over his career

Troll harder

paul george is a forward....

and Deng's averaging 7 rpg this year and that's all we're talking about: this year. Why would careers matter?

Thad plays sf and pf interchangeably, something melo is also doing this year....

and I'm the troll. :rolleyes:
nice try though.

thapastime7
the only way u get an assist if the person you pass to scores. it doesnt tell much of the player unless your a PG. He trusts his teamates and they trust him. he isnt a ball hog a volume scorer.

ILLUSIONIST^248
Or have the best coach of all time as well.

Kobe had one of the worst teams in nba history during that strech.
How many games have the knicks won in the past two years with a solid squad?:laugh2:

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:37 PM
more than kobe too :laugh2:

5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>0

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Lol you're making your self look really dumb.

If you only knew how stupid you sound using the ring argument :laugh2:

Money_23
12-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Interesting prove me wrong.

better stats career or single seasons, pick one.

ILLUSIONIST^248
If you only knew how stupid you sound using the ring argument :laugh2:

Your horry argument is the real deal.:laugh:

Beltrans Mole
How many games have the knicks won in the past two years with a solid squad?:laugh2:

When Kobe won his rings he had one of the worst teams in NBA history? Really :facepalm:

KnicksorBust
12-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Yes he is the biggest ballhog in the NBA and it's working out just fine for me. :)

xxplayerxx23
better stats career or single seasons, pick one.

Prove me wrong still waiting. Talking about this year

GiantsSwaGG
5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>0

7>>>>>>5

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:40 PM
When Kobe won his rings he had one of the worst teams in NBA history? Really :facepalm:

No fool ! When we got bounced vs the suns.

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Your horry argument is the real deal.:laugh:

Yeah so is your kobe argument. He has more rings than Durant

Kobe>>>>Durant :laugh2:

Money_23
12-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Prove me wrong still waiting. Talking about this year

it takes 5 seconds to look it up but i'll spoon feed it to you. you are welcome:

Melo: 28.5-6-2 59%TS
Kobe: 30-5-5 59%TS

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:41 PM
7>>>>>>5

KObe>knicks

5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Yeah so is your kobe argument. He has more rings than Durant

Kobe>>>>Durant :laugh2:

career wise yes. Kobe is an old man and keeping up with these young guns. Melo is in his prime and kobe is still better.lmfaooooo!

Hawkeye15
Can someone post a definition of a ball hog? Because I'm pretty sure nobody has a concrete definition.

More often than not, when calling someone a ballhog, there is a negative connotation with it.

Melo shoots a lot, but he isnt shooting to the detriment of his team. That is my definition of a ballhog. Looking for your own first, but to the detriment of the team. If you are not making the team better, yet you continue you bomb away, then I consider you a ballhog. Not even close to Melo.

- At times I want to consider Felton a ball hog

yep, that is what I have said twice in this thread. To me, a ball hog is Monta Ellis, or Corey Maggette for example. Guys who take a lot of shots, and it has a negative impact on his team.

GiantsSwaGG
KObe>knicks

5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2

Kobe >>>> James and Durant right? :laugh:

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:43 PM
it takes 5 seconds to look it up but i'll spoon feed it to you. you are welcome:

I'll take the 30-5-5 all day

Hawkeye15
12-28-2012, 05:43 PM

Have you watched the Knicks much? If they gave out the hockey assist, Melo is up there. He feeds off double teams, the ball gets skipped, easy 3.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Kobe >>>> James and Durant right? :laugh:

Nope.

Just Kobe> melo

xxplayerxx23
Kobe had shaq ( a top 6 player of all time) pau who was the best of at that time ( you can argue Dirk it was close) and Bynum lol the amount of talent and that system that was fit for him is why he has 5 rings. He is a top 10 player to ever play the game but he is more about him then the team right now

RonE Coleman
paul george is a forward....

and Deng's averaging 7 rpg this year and that's all we're talking about: this year. Why would careers matter?

Thad plays sf and pf interchangeably, something melo is also doing this year....

and I'm the troll. :rolleyes:
nice try though.

Are you dumb? When Granger plays George is the starting 2 guard. And I love how you change it to this year. Deng also plays more minutes per game than Melo, per 48 he averages 8.3 to Melo's 8.2 so relax.

GiantsSwaGG
career wise yes. Kobe is an old man and keeping up with these young guns. Melo is in his prime and kobe is still better.lmfaooooo!

Before Durant and James hit their primes they were way better than Kobe.... Durant hasn't even hit his prime yet and is better than Kobe :laugh:

But yet the fact Kobe has 5 rings makes him the best :laugh:

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Have you watched the Knicks much? If they gave out the hockey assist, Melo is up there. He feeds off double teams, the ball gets skipped, easy 3.

Really hawkeye. Hockey assists.? come on man. Kobe does alot of passing that gets passed for an assist as well man. 1.9 assists a game is 1.9 assist

xxplayerxx23
12-28-2012, 05:46 PM

How's the lakers record? Kobe shoots more then Nash and Howard put together

GiantsSwaGG

He only watches Laker games. Notice he only uses rings to back up his argument lol

Money_23
Are you dumb? When Granger plays George is the starting 2 guard. And I love how you change it to this year. Deng also plays more minutes per game than Melo, per 48 he averages 8.3 to Melo's 8.2 so relax.

i didn't change anything to this year. that was always the conversation.

looks like someone's jimmies got worked up on Melo not being the top 3 rebounder for a sf. :rolleyes:

ILLUSIONIST^248
Before Durant and James hit their primes they were way better than Kobe.... Durant hasn't even hit his prime yet and is better than Kobe :laugh:

Lol your fail dude. I'm talking about melo kid not james and durant

Money_23
12-28-2012, 05:47 PM

bu bu but I thought winning games/championships is a team effort. :rolleyes:

Hawkeye15

wait, so you are going to pull the two seasons out of 17 that Kobe didn't have championship help? boo hoo. I am never going to say Melo is on Kobe's level, but if you are in here simply to push your Kobe agenda, that is sad dude.

GiantsSwaGG

Yet the lakers are under .500 :laugh:

xxplayerxx23
He keeps using apg as an argument. Holy **** how dumb can you be. Melo gets doubled passes to Kidd who kicks it out to jr for a wide open 3 caused by Melos ball movement that doesn't show up in the stats what do you not understand

ILLUSIONIST^248

We are just getting healthy.
Let me know when you win a playoff game.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:49 PM
wait, so you are going to pull the two seasons out of 17 that Kobe didn't have championship help? boo hoo. I am never going to say Melo is on Kobe's level, but if you are in here simply to push your Kobe agenda, that is sad dude.

He's the one that said that kobe got whopped in the playoffs without shaq.
I was just saying Kobe had a d-league team.
Melo got swept with a pretty damn good team.

nickdymez
12-28-2012, 05:49 PM

It aint Kobe's fault, he's shooting 55%.. Learn basketball bro :facepalm:

Money_23
12-28-2012, 05:50 PM
what I noticed in this thread.

Kobe fan mentions 5 rings > 0 or 1,etc
opposition: rings are a team effort

non-laker/kobe fan: Melo is better than Kobe this year because his team is winning

Didn't you just say winning is a team effort? :laugh2:

xxplayerxx23
bu bu but I thought winning games/championships is a team effort. :rolleyes:

It is and he hurts his team. He takes he ball put of Nash and Howard's hands. He refuses to play without the ball which hurts the team. Nash is the key if Kobe lets him be himself they will contend in the west

ILLUSIONIST^248

Kobe>melo

Hawkeye15
Really hawkeye. Hockey assists.? come on man. Kobe does alot of passing that gets passed for an assist as well man. 1.9 assists a game is 1.9 assist

You are missing the point. You think just because he averages 2 apg, he never passes. That is looking at a box score and telling me a players game. That is b.s. Watch the Knicks. Melo has never been a great passer, so they simply ask him to make the easy skip pass out of the double, and that player then flips it straight the other way for a wide open shot.

Kobe doesn't do that as much, his offense is built different. Again, if you are trying to compare Kobe and Melo all time, by all means, Kobe wins hands down. But this season, today, Melo is a highly efficient volume scorer who is helping his team win with his large amount of attempts, unlike your boy.

RonE Coleman

11th in the West, Let me know when you get in the playoff picture ;)

xxplayerxx23
12-28-2012, 05:51 PM

Do I go back to last year? Lmk web Kobe wins without Jackson. Kobe hurys his team

KnickaBocka.44

So are the Knicks...

Hawkeye15
He only watches Laker games. Notice he only uses rings to back up his argument lol

Well, only the uninformed, Laker homers use the rings when all else fails. That is how it works, and trust me, any fan base does the same....

nickdymez

Exactly, now sign off...

GiantsSwaGG

Wh wh what, but you have Kobe. He won 5 rings right?

How is that Melo (0 rings) has a better record with an injured team the Kobe (5 rings)?

Faneik
12-28-2012, 05:52 PM

kobe --> 35 or more points --> lakers 0-7

kobe --> 25 or less points --> lakers 6-1

nickdymez
12-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Well, only the uninformed, Laker homers use the rings when all else fails. That is how it works, and trust me, any fan base does the same....

Again, because you play to win. If Kobe playing the way he has for 17 years has netted him 5 rings in 7 finals, well my friend i'll take those numbers any day!

nickdymez
12-28-2012, 05:53 PM

Ignorant, baseless numbers.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-28-2012, 05:54 PM
You are missing the point. You think just because he averages 2 apg, he never passes. That is looking at a box score and telling me a players game. That is b.s. Watch the Knicks. Melo has never been a great passer, so they simply ask him to make the easy skip pass out of the double, and that player then flips it straight the other way for a wide open shot.

Kobe doesn't do that as much, his offense is built different. Again, if you are trying to compare Kobe and Melo all time, by all means, Kobe wins hands down. But this season, today, Melo is a highly efficient volume scorer who is helping his team win with his large amount of attempts, unlike your boy.

Kobe actually passes alot and metta or some other assface on our team misses the shot.

I do watch Knick games btw i have league pass.
Kobe is playing lights out hawkeye. Career best fg with 30ppg 5 and 5. Is it Kobes fault the rest of the lakers are playing like panzies? come on bro.

Hawkeye15
He's the one that said that kobe got whopped in the playoffs without shaq.
I was just saying Kobe had a d-league team.
Melo got swept with a pretty damn good team.

I am not going to argue that, Kobe did it to himself however. Do you know how many players would absolutely kill to have the roster support Kobe has?

Melo's teams were very good. Until this year, SO FAR, I have always been hard on Melo as a lead star on a good team. He has never been able to take good rosters anywhere. His game seems different this year, and part of that is his position change. While I do think his 3 point percentage will regress to the mean, as long as a lot of his offense is coming within 15 feet of the rim, he should have maybe his most efficient season so far. Factor in that he is actually buying into guarding someone, and while there is no way on this earth Melo ever passes Kobe all time, the man is having an MVP caliber season.

xxplayerxx23
So shaq had nothing to do with 3 of those ? Gasol didn't bail Kobe out of game 7 in 010? It was all Kobe

javsvt
Knicks are winning with a so called ball hog. So this argument is so out of line, it's ridiculous. He is a scorer, that's what he does.....

Hawkeye15
12-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Kobe actually passes alot and metta or some other assface on our team misses the shot.

I do watch Knick games btw i have league pass.
Kobe is playing lights out hawkeye. Career best fg with 30ppg 5 and 5. Is it Kobes fault the rest of the lakers are playing like panzies? come on bro.

You're right. No other team has guys that miss shots that would have led to assists.

nickdymez
12-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Wh wh what, but you have Kobe. He won 5 rings right?

How is that Melo (0 rings) has a better record with an injured team the Kobe (5 rings)?

An injured team? Amare? You should just quit with your antics. Your not very good at sarcasm and you come across as a butthurt fan of a team that the Lakers crushed on their way to one of the 16 championships they have.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Melo>Kobe

kobe scoring more points with greater efficiency

How is Melo better?

RonE Coleman

How can numbers be ignorant? :facepalm:

He simply stated FACTS

Raye
The Knicks ball movement has been great this year which leads to a bunch of hockey assist.

Faneik
12-28-2012, 05:57 PM

it's not ignorant. it's the way it is. you don't like to face facts

nickdymez
So shaq had nothing to do with 3 of those ? Gasol didn't bail Kobe out of game 7 in 010? It was all Kobe

Game 7? did you watch any other game?????

And by bell out you mean play decent because Kobe had a bad shooting night? Nevermind the fact he had 15 rebounds and 8 assists. Nevermind the fact that Metta hit big shots. GASOL bailed Kobe out. The hate man..... :facepalm:

Knick4Knack

Thank you, SteBo. Fair analysis. Who would have thought that possible in an insidious bait thread.

I am sick and tired of all the nasty, useless threads created simply to bait Knicks fans. It has gotten so bad that posters POSE as Knicks fans and open threads to engorge themselves with their incessant trolling. Moderators seem to think it's funny, but it's really quite sad.

Anyone who has watched Knicks games this year will attest that this has been Melo's finest season. He has been a better teammate, and QUICK to pass the ball out of the double team, where before, he would take it upon himself to jack up a bad shot (need proof: see that final shot of the Nets game in brooklyn, passed on the final shot to help get Kidd an open game winning shot).

In short:

Stop the bait...
Stop the hate...
Appreciate Melo as of late.

Hawkeye15
I find it hilarious that so many Kobe fans refuse to accept that basketball is a team sport.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11th in the West, Let me know when you get in the playoff picture ;)

i will when you guys wins a game in the post season.;)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Stats also say Melo a better scorer than Lebron and Durant since he averages more this season :facepalm:

what lol

best scorer isnt always the guy who scores the most points.

Kobe, LBJ, KD have always been more efficient than Melo...if you say other wise, prove me wrong;)

xxplayerxx23

How is Melo better?

I explained why Kobe hurts his team. Tell me how I am wrong?

GiantsSwaGG
An injured team? Amare? You should just quit with your antics. Your not very good at sarcasm and you come across as a butthurt fan of a team that the Lakers crushed on their way to one of the 16 championships they have.

Amare
Shump
Kidd
Camby
Wallace
Felton

Have missed games yet Knick still have one of the best records.

You guys have Kobe (5 rings) and Howard and are under .500

You're obviously a homer

RonE Coleman

How is Melo better?

Actually Melo scores more points per 48 minutes, hes sat out a lot of 4th quarters because the Knicks actually have won games. And Kobe shoots .5% better so relax

Money_23

kobe ----> 25 or more shots when shooting less than 40% --- lakers 2-0

that must be their winning recipe. :rolleyes:

ILLUSIONIST^248
Read your buddies post .

nickdymez
12-28-2012, 05:59 PM
it's not ignorant. it's the way it is. you don't like to face facts

Yea ok. The lakers also have a winning record when Kobe wears black socks as opposed to white.

Anyway, those numbers would mean something if Kobe were being inefficient. But he is shooting damn near 57%. :facepalm:

bucketss
12-28-2012, 05:59 PM

they both choked in that game what bailed them out was the 21 freethrows in that quarter.

xxplayerxx23
12-28-2012, 06:00 PM
i will when you guys wins a game in the post season.;)

We did last year fool.

GiantsSwaGG

How is Melo better?

When Kobe scores a lot he actually hurts his team

Faneik
I find it hilarious that so many Kobe fans refuse to accept that basketball is a team sport.

for sure

also that he was a 2nd option for half his career

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 06:01 PM
what lol

Kobe, LBJ, KD have always been more efficient than Melo...if you say other wise, prove me wrong;)

Wouldn't that be the same with assist?

-Kobe24-TJ19-

shockingly huge sample size

RonE Coleman
what lol

Melo career fg% 45.7

Kobe career fg% 45.4

Just proved your wrong, now stop posting and make everyone happy

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/110/kobe-bryant

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1975/carmelo-anthony

Money_23
12-28-2012, 06:02 PM
for sure

also that he was a 2nd option for half his career

not really an insult. so who cares. :)

GiantsSwaGG

Kobe has 5 rings and did it on his own.

xxplayerxx23
So let me get this straight. Kobe takes the ball out of the playmaker (Nash) and the stud in the posts and shoots 25+ times you think your better of then Kobe taking a backseat and letting Nash run the offense ?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-28-2012, 06:03 PM
I explained why Kobe hurts his team. Tell me how I am wrong?

kobe has league's best +/-

ILLUSIONIST^248
Melo career fg% 45.7

Kobe career fg% 45.4

Melo is alot bigger and plays sf/pf. He should have alot better fg%

javsvt
Ok, since my post was deleted cause Laker fans are getting frustrated calling other poster names, I will say this, "so now you think it's a team game, make up your damn mind"!
Here was your post without the insult.
" Because of your team".....I guess you were referring to the team having to do with wins or losses. You are losing it Ilisionist^248.

nickdymez
Amare
Shump
Kidd
Camby
Wallace
Felton

Have missed games yet Knick still have one of the best records.

You guys have Kobe (5 rings) and Howard and are under .500

You're obviously a homer

And you're obviously an idiot. None of the guys on that list has missed as many games as Nash and Blake. Nash (A top 5 pg of all time) missed most of the season and is a pg. Blake is his backup. Amare being the only exception, but he's trash so who cares right?? The Knicks also didnt switch coaches. Lets not forget Gasol missed games. No one on that list is anywhere near the player nash or gasol is. Kidd is the only one that will be missed because of leadership and he is playing good ball... Stop being a hater and just relax. I know you get points on PSD for hating the Lakers, but its making you look dumb bro

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Melo career fg% 45.7

Kobe career fg% 45.4

lol FG%

check TS%

nickdymez
12-28-2012, 06:05 PM
for sure

also that he was a 2nd option for half his careerp

Who Kobe? Damn, thats nice that the second option has more points than the first, and everyone else who played the game for that matter...

RonE Coleman
Melo is alot bigger and plays sf/pf. He should have alot better fg%

Ahaha hear come the excuses

javsvt
So let me get this straight. Kobe takes the ball out of the playmaker (Nash) and the stud in the posts and shoots 25+ times you think your better of then Kobe taking a backseat and letting Nash run the offense ?

That didn't work telling by their record.

-Kobe24-TJ19-

lakers have a 70% winning percent when kobe scores 30+

it was posted in PSD in an earlier kobe thread

king4day
12-28-2012, 06:08 PM
This thread is a year too late. I think things are different now. This thread would have worked at the same time last year though.

Jesse2272
12-28-2012, 06:10 PM
OP

other than popping into some knicks game threads

you havent actually watched a knicks game with Melo

we are talking this year correct? whats the agenda of the thread

Avenged
12-28-2012, 06:11 PM

I hope you knew that Nash has been out all season due to injury and just came back like 3 games ago. So yes, Kobe was the primary ball handler in that span. Why? Well because Steve Blake has also been out. Since Nash's return, the Lakers have won 2 out of 3 (One of those coming against your Knicks).

Seriously, is anybody watching these games or just looking at the box score?

RyanStorm
To get the assist the player needs to make the point, and he doesn't get the assist if he is fouled and makes his points at the FT!

ILLUSIONIST^248
Ahaha hear come the excuses

Legit ones at that.

Faneik
kobe ----> 25 or more shots when shooting less than 40% --- lakers 2-0

that must be their winning recipe. :rolleyes:

nice sample size. one of those wins is vs the wizards. congrats.

kobe --> 20 or more shots --> lakers 6-12

kobe --> 20 or less shots --> lakers 8-3

Avenged
12-28-2012, 06:12 PM

He does? how so? Because of the record? Every try watching all those games and look at context? Does Kobe put up those many points in a loss because he wakes up in the morning and says '**** it, ima shoot a lot today'? Or because his team is struggling so as the main guy on the team, he tries to put the team on his back?

I mean, sure there are some questionable Kobe games, as there are on many players in the league. But that little stat is highly flawed.

SteveNash
Carmelo this year shows how misleading assists are when it comes to measuring ballhogs.

ILLUSIONIST^248
lakers have a 70% winning percent when kobe scores 30+

it was posted in PSD in an earlier kobe thread

The guy doesn't do research bro.