PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Calls Out Wade

MetroMan
12-27-2012, 05:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/16453/is-dwyane-wade-a-dirty-player

Is Dwyane Wade a dirty*player?

Dwyane Wade has two championship rings, two gold medals, a Finals MVP award, eight All-Star appearances, a portfolio of endorsement deals from Switzerland to China, an acclaimed book on fatherhood, a renowned fashion sense and the adulation of millions of NBA fans across the world.

But his reputation within the league itself may not be in such good shape.

A series of questionable plays over the past two years seem to have harmed Wade’s stature among his peers. Some, such as well-known adversary Rajon Rondo, said Wade is guilty of “dirty plays.”

The latest is Charlotte Bobcats guard Ramon Sessions. Wade kicked Sessions in the groin area after Sessions committed a reach-in foul on Wade during the Miami Heat’s 105-92 win Wednesday night. Wade claimed it was inadvertent.

“I thought he did it on purpose,” Sessions told reporters after the game.

The league is reviewing the play. Wade was not called for a foul.

Standing alone, this is just another testy moment in a game that was tight at the time. But looking at Wade’s actions over the past few seasons, it is part of a case file that is building and increasingly getting him unsavory attention.

Here are the most memorable incidents:

•* During a game in Boston in the 2011 regular season, Wade was hit with a flagrant foul for shoving Kevin Garnett after Garnett had leveled Mike Miller with a screen.

•* In the 2011 playoffs, Wade got wrapped up with Rondo while going for a loose ball. After Rondo elbowed Wade, he appeared to stick his leg out and sweep Rondo to the court. It resulted in Rondo dislocating his elbow. At the time, Wade said it was inadvertent.

•* Wade broke Kobe Bryant’s nose, raking him from behind during an unusual physical play during the 2012 All-Star Game. Bryant had fouled Wade twice previously in the game.

•* During a regular-season game last April in Miami, Wade threw a forearm at Chicago Bulls guard Rip Hamilton after Hamilton bumped him trying to create space on the perimeter. Wade was called for a flagrant foul.

•* During the first round of the playoffs last season, Wade threw the shoe of New York Knicks guard Mike Bibby off the court after Bibby lost it getting a rebound.

•* During the second round of the playoffs, Wade blindsided Indiana Pacers guard Darren Collison on a fast break. Wade, who seemed to be reacting to not getting a shooting foul moments earlier, was assessed a flagrant foul.

Often, it has seemed Wade is caught reacting. A hard Garnett screen, a Rondo elbow, a foul or, in many cases, frustration at officials. Wade is an emotional player, and at times those emotions may push him over the line.

During a playoff game last May in Indianapolis, for example, Wade got into a heated exchange with coach Erik Spoelstra on the bench during a timeout after Spoelstra questioned Wade’s play.

In a recent interview with ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez about his recovery from knee surgery, Wade talked about how anger can help his lift during a game.

“Even though I might not get as high as I did when I was a rookie, I can still get over the rim when need be -- especially when I get angry,” Wade said.

Especially over the past few seasons, Wade’s anger has often been manifested in bouts with officials. He has become one of the league’s most constant complainers. Wade has occasionally been guilty of not getting back on defense because he’s allowed himself to be delayed to complain about non-calls. On Christmas Day, as he was on his way to the locker room to get treatment after a minor leg injury, Wade stopped to complain to officials about not drawing a foul on the previous play.

Like with the questionable fouls, Wade often stops short of being aggressive enough to draw discipline.

All of this is unbecoming of Wade’s stature in the game. He did not behave like this during the early years of his career as he soared in popularity and earned the respect of the league. As he’s become a veteran, his personality has appeared to change somewhat on the floor.

In that way, he has been compared by some league executives to Garnett, whose trash-talking and menacing have come to define the later stages of his career. This is not endearing to Garnett, though he’s never seemed to care whatsoever.

That is not the case for Wade, who has always valued his reputation as someone who sets an example. The one he’s been setting with this spate of incidents is not fashionable at all.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Getting the popcorn out ready. This should be fun.

CityofTreez
12-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Wade should call out ESPN, because they do more wrong than himself.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Wade should call out ESPN, because they do more wrong than himself.

Well, this is probably the first time they've called him out, considering they've been dickriding both LeBron and Wade for 9+ yrs now.

rocket
12-27-2012, 05:12 PM
*Heat fans no no hes no dirty no no*

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 05:14 PM
the funny thing is, most you kids would have thought the entire NBA was dirty before they pansified it after the brawl in Indy.

Its a sport. If you don't throw someone down once in a while, you just don't give a ****.

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 05:15 PM
I miss Bill Laimbeer, Rick Mahorn, Charles Barkley, Anthony Mason, Patrick Ewing, Kevin Mchale, Kareem, Bird, Cartwright, Alonzo Mourning, and all the other players that would be blasted for being dirty nowadays.

JNoel
12-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Lmfao, all of the incidents occurred after the big 3 formed. Media/ESPN looks for anything to go wrong with the Heat, then make a big deal about it.

MagicHero3
12-27-2012, 05:17 PM
merge with "why ppl dislike wade" thread

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Lmfao, all of the incidents occurred after the big 3 formed. Media/ESPN looks for anything to go wrong with the Heat, then make a big deal about it.

Wrong. ESPN has been riding the Heat since the 3 SuperFriends Club got assembled. Hell, they have an ESPNMiami, and then ON TOP OF THAT, they have an official ESPN Heat Index. I mean, WTF is that?

ESPN is LeBron and Wade and Heat biased. Don't be so butt-hurt that they're bashing a Heat player for the first time.

NYK4L
12-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Suck my nuts Wade!

Money_23
12-27-2012, 05:20 PM
inb4 sh*tstorm.

RonE Coleman
12-27-2012, 05:21 PM
I miss Bill Laimbeer, Rick Mahorn, Charles Barkley, Anthony Mason, Patrick Ewing, Kevin Mchale, Kareem, Bird, Cartwright, Alonzo Mourning, and all the other players that would be blasted for being dirty nowadays.

Playing physical is completely different than trying to kick another man in the balls. If your gonna try and be a tough guy, put the hands on them. Don't be blindsiding guys who are running full speed down the court ala Collison.

CityofTreez
12-27-2012, 05:24 PM

I will always love Corliss Williamson because he'd knock your block off, and act like everything was normal. Gone are the Days...

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Wade is a girly *** *****!!!

lilchuckdoubles
12-27-2012, 05:25 PM

:clap:

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Playing physical is completely different than trying to kick another man in the balls. If your gonna try and be a tough guy, put the hands on them. Don't be blindsiding guys who are running full speed down the court ala Collison.

I don't mean this to offend you, but how old are you? Did you actually watch the Bad Boys Pistons, or the early 1990's Heat and Knicks teams? They routinely took cheap shots. McHale clotheslined Rambis in the playoffs. Barkely tackled Shaq to the ground. I am telling you, these types of plays happened nightly in the old days. After the league wussified itself, players who actually throw a dude down now and then get called out. That is weak sauce dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XNqYf03Qk0

you people would crucify players like this nowadays, if Wade's 4-5 little flare ups get your panties in a bunch.

MetroMan
the funny thing is, most you kids would have thought the entire NBA was dirty before they pansified it after the brawl in Indy.

Its a sport. If you don't throw someone down once in a while, you just don't give a ****.

I agree for the most part but some things his done are not necessary.

tripleplay2007
About time ESPN calls this looser out.

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 05:27 PM
the wussification of America has even reached our sports. Awesome

nate2usmc

No homo? :eyebrow:

ManRam
Dirty compared to most. Sure.

Still nothing I'm going to get my panties in a bunch over.

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 05:28 PM
I agree for the most part but some things his done are not necessary.

type in Bad Boy Pistons, or Alonzo Mourning, or any of the other guys I listed, and then some. You will find so much worse...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7r6vXeOfyQ

what do you think that fetches today? Auto-eject, 2 game suspension, at least, right? Guess what it was back then? Two free throws, and stfu.

Bornknick73
12-27-2012, 05:28 PM

Trade Barkley for Oakley. Barkley was a *****.

nate2usmc
12-27-2012, 05:29 PM

I agree. The reason 'Merica is in the crapper is because less and less people have been kicked in the nuts lately. Pusssies. I miss the good ol' days in sports when kicking someone in the balls was the norm...

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Trade Barkley for Oakley. Barkley was a *****.

oh, Oakley belongs there. I remember him saying about 3 years ago that a guy like him wouldn't have even been allowed in the current league with how soft it is.

Master Mind
12-27-2012, 05:30 PM
This can't be serious

MetroMan
I don't mean this to offend you, but how old are you? Did you actually watch the Bad Boys Pistons, or the early 1990's Heat and Knicks teams? They routinely took cheap shots. McHale clotheslined Rambis in the playoffs. Barkely tackled Shaq to the ground. I am telling you, these types of plays happened nightly in the old days. After the league wussified itself, players who actually throw a dude down now and then get called out. That is weak sauce dude.

you people would crucify players like this nowadays, if Wade's 4-5 little flare ups get your panties in a bunch.

Couldn't agree anymore. I have no problem with what wade did to rondo, kg or anything against contending teams. But kicking sessions in the nuts is a real dbag thing. It's not like the bobcats are a playoff team. Also breaking Kobe's nose in an all star game is dirty too.

nate2usmc
But seriously, Wade was such a likeable guy. What changed? Baby mama drama?

Hawkeye15
I agree. The reason 'Merica is in the crapper is because less and less people have been kicked in the nuts lately. Pusssies. I miss the good ol' days in sports when kicking someone in the balls was the norm...

yeah dude, totally what i meant....

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Couldn't agree anymore. I have no problem with what wade did to rondo, kg or anything against contending teams. But kicking sessions in the nuts is a real dbag thing. It's not like the bobcats are a playoff team. Also breaking Kobe's nose in an all star game is dirty too.

I don't disagree with that, my only point was, that **** happened every single night of the week from 1975-1995.

ATX
About time ESPN calls this looser out.

*Loser

If your going to call out someone for being a loser, be sure to at least appear educated.

tdg823
In the old days they'd clock you, but it was up around the head and shoulders generalyy. It might be hard, but it was a "clean" hard foul. I really don't remember nut shots or much of anything involving people's legs or lower body. That's not tough basketball, that's sissy stuff. **** somebody up (I hate all the showboating in today's game, always thought in the old days a good clothesline would have happened shortly after a player felexed and mean mugged after a wide open dunk), I'm all for that trust me. But stitchers, broken teeth whatever, there's a right way to do it and a wrong way.

KnickaBocka.44
12-27-2012, 05:33 PM

I agree with you completely.

However, I think what gets under people's skin about Wade, though, is that he always gets away with minimal discipline.

He gets to mouth off to refs after every call that doesn't go his way and throw these little cheap shots without ever having to worry about discipline from the league or refs. It's a big part of the reason why I want to see him on the recieving end of one of these cheap shots so we can see how he reacts to it.

Rivera
12-27-2012, 05:34 PM
In todays era of the nba hes considered dirty if it was 10/15 years ago most of his actions would have been glossed over

Breaking rondos arm was the dirtiest move ive ever seen tho...he didnt mean to break rondos arm but he did inentionally tangle his feet with rondo fell ontop of him cause he was getting mad that rondo played tight d on him and kept poking the ball away from wade so wade was fusterated and took action

That was 100% intentional...the only thing unintentional about it was wade not trying to break rondos arm.

nate2usmc
Remember the good old days in football when it was hardcore and the average players' lifespan was 54 years old and left their wives widows and children fatherless. Football is for Pusssies these days smh.

RonE Coleman

Your not getting what I am saying. I love the actual fights, what im saying is ***** moves are for females. My examples being attempting to kick another man in his nuts and blindsiding a guy running full speed. I don't mind playing hard at all, just saying there is nothing hard about trying to hit a man in his nuts.

Females do that kinda ****.

gotoHcarolina52
During the first round of the playoffs last season, Wade threw the shoe of New York Knicks guard Mike Bibby off the court after Bibby lost it getting a rebound.

Now this was hilarious (And well deserved, too. Bibby went 17 of 66 from 3 in the 2011 playoffs. ****ing bum).

The "inadvertent" kick to Sessions's 'nads? Not so much.

Hawkeye15
I agree with you completely.

However, I think what gets under people's skin about Wade, though, is that he always gets away with minimal discipline.

He gets to mouth off to refs after every call that doesn't go his way and throw these little cheap shots without ever having to worry about discipline from the league or refs. It's a big part of the reason why I want to see him on the recieving end of one of these cheap shots so we can see how he reacts to it.

oh, I can agree with that. And that is totally fine, I do think he needs a taste of his own medicine. I am old school when it comes to sports. its a man's game. If you don't want to get thrown to the ground occasionally, go play tennis.

ManRam
12-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure I'm going to equate people thinking Wade is dirty for actually doing dirty plays (like kicking a guy in the nuts, intentionally tripping players, etc.) with the wusification of an entire country...but the league definitely is softer than it once was. Do I have I problem with that? I'm not sure. It's inevitable.

He is prone to making emotional charged decisions that look bad. He's not a bad guy, he just gets carried away in the emotions of sport. Whatever. I don't really care too much. What is there to do about it? Nothing. It is what it is, we get it...moving on.

The whining thing is dumb. Everyone whines. Go watch Carlos Boozer, a "nice" and "clean" player. No one whines more than he does. Everyone does it. If you are singling out one player for that, you're being dishonest without yourself.

Swashcuff
12-27-2012, 05:36 PM
What Hawkeye15 said. If you're going to be downright malacious like Artest on Harden or Bynum on Barea I'm in no support of it but nothing Wade has done has even gotten anywhere near those levels.

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Your not getting what I am saying. I love the actual fights, what im saying is ***** moves are for females. My examples being attempting to kick another man in his nuts and blindsiding a guy running full speed. I don't mind playing hard at all, just saying there is nothing hard about trying to hit a man in his nuts.

Females do that kinda ****.

I am not saying you are wrong, I am saying that guys did that crap alllllllll the time back in the day. Laimbeer or Oakley would smash your face in from behind. McHale's clothesline could have sent Rambis to the hospital had he not landed right. 3 examples, out of hundreds and hundreds.

My point remains, most of you would not be able to contain yourself if you went back to 1989 and watched a Pistons/Bulls game, if you are going to get that worked up about Wade's actions.

torocan
12-27-2012, 05:38 PM
type in Bad Boy Pistons, or Alonzo Mourning, or any of the other guys I listed, and then some. You will find so much worse...

what do you think that fetches today? Auto-eject, 2 game suspension, at least, right? Guess what it was back then? Two free throws, and stfu.

Pfft. Love taps.

How's about Malone and Barkley holding Bird while Dr. J repeatedly punches him in the face?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4oF34p3-rQ&feature=endscreen&NR=1

That said, that wouldn't fly nowadays with the potential for injury, lawsuits and all the kids/parents watching....

tdg823
12-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Nothing from the waist down though. Anything to the upper body short of an artest elbow to the head is cool, but you don't trip or undercut. Unwritten rule of physical play.

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure I'm going to equate people thinking Wade is dirty for actually doing dirty plays (like kicking a guy in the nuts, intentionally tripping players, etc.) with the wusification of an entire country...but the league definitely is softer than it once was. Do I have I problem with that? I'm not sure. It's inevitable.

He is prone to making emotional charged decisions that look bad. He's not a bad guy, he just gets carried away in the emotions of sport. Whatever. I don't really care too much. What is there to do about it? Nothing. It is what it is, we get it...moving on.

The whining thing is dumb. Everyone whines. Go watch Carlos Boozer, a "nice" and "clean" player. No one whines more than he does. Everyone does it. If you are singling out one player for that, you're being dishonest without yourself.

exactly. Look, I don't care if the league has gotten softer, it just makes me laugh when people call out a guy for being dirty who would have been considered a choir boy when I was watching it growing up.

The whining and flopping is something that has picked up monster steam for years. The only way it goes away is to start t'ing up anyone that goes overboard.

RonE Coleman
12-27-2012, 05:39 PM
What Hawkeye15 said. If you're going to be downright malacious like Artest on Harden or Bynum on Barea I'm in no support of it but nothing Wade has done has even gotten anywhere near those levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMLnOTewYGg

This says otherwise

KnickaBocka.44
12-27-2012, 05:40 PM
oh, I can agree with that. And that is totally fine, I do think he needs a taste of his own medicine. I am old school when it comes to sports. its a man's game. If you don't want to get thrown to the ground occasionally, go play tennis.

Here's where it gets tricky though.

Wade seems to always get the benefit of the doubt, and on top of that consider how brittle he seems to be. If you're an opposing player, are you worried about the wrath of the league coming down on you if you knock a star player out for a prolonged period of time while just trying to give him a taste of his own medicine?

LakersSaintsLSU
12-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Wrong. ESPN has been riding the Heat since the 3 SuperFriends Club got assembled. Hell, they have an ESPNMiami, and then ON TOP OF THAT, they have an official ESPN Heat Index. I mean, WTF is that?

ESPN is LeBron and Wade and Heat biased. Don't be so butt-hurt that they're bashing a Heat player for the first time.

If that alone does not convince anyone...Then either you guys play dumb, or your in need of serious help because if their were a ESPN "Laker" Index on ESPN.com's "Front Page" you guys would have been all over that from the first second you've seen it..Lebum got his first ring with ease (LOCKOUT season) older teams forced to play back to back to backs (Lakers,BOS,Spurs) and the refs made sure OKC never had a chance to make any kind of comback in any of those loses

Venomous88
12-27-2012, 05:41 PM
It's not ESPN calling him but more of Windhorst displaying great journalism. He basically articulated everything I touched on in the other thread.

Swashcuff

Keep singing that sweet song I'm loving it :dance2:

RLundi

There actually is no ESPNMiami, just the Heat Index.

You think ESPN would devote entire coverages to the Marlins and the Panthers? :laugh2:

GiantsSwaGG
12-27-2012, 05:44 PM
He tries so hard to be hard but is the same guy that was crying like a both after a shoulder injury

Swashcuff
12-27-2012, 05:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMLnOTewYGg

This says otherwise

Be honest with yourself. Is that ANYWHERE near what Artest or Bynum did?

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Here's where it gets tricky though.

Wade seems to always get the benefit of the doubt, and on top of that consider how brittle he seems to be. If you're an opposing player, are you worried about the wrath of the league coming down on you if you knock a star player out for a prolonged period of time while just trying to give him a taste of his own medicine?

oh, no, I was talking about in a made up world, where things were fair lol. Did you think I was talking about the real NBA? You take out LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Durant, or Blake, and you probably go to jail.

ghettosean
12-27-2012, 05:46 PM
The rules of the game were different back then and encouraged physical play...

Oh and no one was sweep kicking anyone and dislocating elbows... As for the names you mentioned I can gaurantee you they never kicked anyone in the balls.... NEVER not even street balling that's beyond dirty even if your in a brawl nevermind a basketball game.

Hawkeye15
Keep singing that sweet song I'm loving it :dance2:

I miss 90's basketball. I mean, I don't miss the Rox-Knicks finals, which was a 75-72 type game haha, but just the tenacity and the toughness.

tdg823
By the way if garnett's a punk for picking on smaller players (he is), does the same apply to Wade?

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 05:47 PM
The rules of the game were different back then and encouraged physical play...

Oh and no one was sweep kicking anyone and dislocating elbows... As for the names you mentioned I can gaurantee you they never kicked anyone in the balls.... NEVER not even street balling that's beyond dirty even if your in a brawl nevermind a basketball game.

they did things just as bad, sorry.

ghettosean
12-27-2012, 05:48 PM
they did things just as bad, sorry.
Example...

Something close to a kick in the balls would be nice... The only think I can think of is Reggie Evans grabbing someones balls and trying to yank down but I can't think of anything like that or the Wade stuff we are talking about back in the era of Charles, Bird, Magic.... etc

Swashcuff
12-27-2012, 05:49 PM
I miss 90's basketball. I mean, I don't miss the Rox-Knicks finals, which was a 75-72 type game haha, but just the tenacity and the toughness.

Never really grew up watching 90s ball (started watching the game in 98) but I've watched more than my fair share of old games to see the vast difference. I mean these days you seem to just blink at a guy and you'd be whistled for a foul its ridiculous as compared to years gone by.

nate2usmc
12-27-2012, 05:49 PM

Sarcasm aside, I completely agree with you. Like you mentioned earlier, Wade needs a taste of his own medicine though and it SEEMS like the refs look the other way when he does f@55ot crap like kick another man in the balls.

tapajafri
12-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Well, this is probably the first time they've called him out, considering they've been dickriding both LeBron and Wade for 9+ yrs now.

and they havent been dickriding kobe despite the fact that he raped someone and cheated on his wife multiple times? Yeah....shows how messed up society is.

ghettosean
12-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Oh and agreed by the way.... I can't stand the little ballerena show the NBA has become now a days....

Now back to the nutcracker...

KnickaBocka.44
12-27-2012, 05:57 PM
oh, no, I was talking about in a made up world, where things were fair lol. Did you think I was talking about the real NBA? You take out LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Durant, or Blake, and you probably go to jail.

:laugh2: That's my point exactly though, Wade abuses the power that he has from being a star and that's why fans and players are starting to lose respect for him.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-27-2012, 05:57 PM
and they havent been dickriding kobe despite the fact that he raped someone and cheated on his wife multiple times? Yeah....shows how messed up society is.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/d7c/b57/d58/resized/jesus-mad-meme-generator-lol-you-mad-d59762.jpg?1307756131.jpg

CityofTreez
12-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Example...

Something close to a kick in the balls would be nice... The only think I can think of is Reggie Evans grabbing someones balls and trying to yank down but I can't think of anything like that or the Wade stuff we are talking about back in the era of Charles, Bird, Magic.... etc

No. Search Rudy Tomjonavich getting knocked out, and almost losing his eye/vision. He would've loved being kicked in the balls, over a vicious right arm to the skull.

JC_
12-27-2012, 06:00 PM
:laugh2: That's my point exactly though, Wade abuses the power that he has from being a star and that's why fans and players are starting to lose respect for him.

It's not his fault he has that power though. You can't blame him for using it.. If it helps the team it should be a no brainer.

Mr. Baller
12-27-2012, 06:03 PM
You guys realize ESPN has a type of "Heat Index" for every single team in the NBA right?

JesusWears24
12-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Dwayne Wade is the most classless player in the NBA. He intenionally goes after players and then says it was inadvertent. I dont usually hate NBA players but Wade is a player i HATE. I may talk crap on Lebron and thats only because i like to troll heat fans. I have never been more serious than this post today. I hate the way he plays, i hate the way he acts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMLnOTewYGg

I cannot stand him. I cant wait till i can never see that smug look he gives the camera after he gets a ******** call by the refs. He truly ruins the game of basketball.

KnickaBocka.44
12-27-2012, 06:07 PM
It's not his fault he has that power though. You can't blame him for using it.. If it helps the team it should be a no brainer.

I didn't know kicking an opposing player in the balls helps his team? :confused:

He does these things because he can get away with him and thats why he needs to get his clock cleaned. Unfortunately, this would probably come with a suspension for twice as long as it would if they took a shot at an average player, and therefor would hurt their own team. As a result Wade gets to continue to do this kind of stuff without having to suffer any consequences.

Swashcuff
12-27-2012, 06:07 PM
No. Search Rudy Tomjonavich getting knocked out, and almost losing his eye/vision. He would've loved being kicked in the balls, over a vicious right arm to the skull.

Dude needed plastic surgery after that right hand from Kermit Washington :laugh2:

Bruno
12-27-2012, 06:12 PM

leagues gotten way too soft.

JesusWears24
12-27-2012, 06:13 PM
You guys realize ESPN has a type of "Heat Index" for every single team in the NBA right?

Send me a link of the Lakers Index, or the Raptors index, or the T-Wolves Index....

JC_
12-27-2012, 06:13 PM
I didn't know kicking an opposing player in the balls helps his team? :confused:

He does these things because he can get away with him and thats why he needs to get his clock cleaned. Unfortunately, this would probably come with a suspension for twice as long as it would if they took a shot at an average player, and therefor would hurt their own team. As a result Wade gets to continue to do this kind of stuff without having to suffer any consequences.

He wasn't abusing his power in this instance. He was intentionally fouled without knowing what was happening and reacted. Should he have done that? No, but it was an instant reaction to contact he wasn't expecting. That's why I don't view it as such a big deal.

Hardaway Here
12-27-2012, 06:16 PM
People are jus looking for reasons to complain most of the time when wade seems dirty a lot of it is just payback to what was getting done to him or a teammate or an accident like the whole rondo dislocation I'm not saying Wafe hasn't had some dirty plays because he has but seriously don't blow em up like they were that bad cuz they weren't I swear most of the people that watch NBA have never played streetball and most NBA players have try running 5 games in Streetball and see how physical it gets and none of it is labeled dirty such a sad site. Wade is far from the dirtiest player in the league his actions only get magnified more because of his status as a player.

KnickaBocka.44
12-27-2012, 06:20 PM
People are jus looking for reasons to complain most of the time when wade seems dirty a lot of it is just payback to what was getting done to him or a teammate or an accident like the whole rondo dislocation I'm not saying Wafe hasn't had some dirty plays because he has but seriously don't blow em up like they were that bad cuz they weren't I swear most of the people that watch NBA have never played streetball and most NBA players have try running 5 games in Streetball and see how physical it gets and none of it is labeled dirty such a sad site. Wade is far from the dirtiest player in the league his actions only get magnified more because of his status as a player.

And because he never has to worry about any kind of consequences for his actions.

VillaMaravilla
12-27-2012, 06:21 PM

This, man I miss the days the players were actually allowed to play defense in the NBA

SteBO
12-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Send me a link of the Lakers Index, or the Raptors index, or the T-Wolves Index....
Easy few steps.....

1) Go to the ESPN NBA home page

2) Click on the teams

3) Click on the team of your choosing (separated by divisions)

TheMoneyTeam
12-27-2012, 06:23 PM

I always wondered why Miami who has one of the poorest sports histories in the world had an ESPN Miami edition. It's blatantly biased... Decent city though. :)

Swashcuff
12-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Why are people butt hurt that ESPN has a Heat Index? :confused: if you don't like it then just don't go there. Had LeBron chosen to come to your team when he made his "decision" your team would have an index and you guys sure as hell would not be complaining.

SteBO
12-27-2012, 06:25 PM
And enough with this "ESPN cockrides the Heat" nonsense.....almost every damn game the Heat lose, especially the first year, it's at the top of the latest SportsCenter episode.

KnickaBocka.44
12-27-2012, 06:26 PM
He wasn't abusing his power in this instance. He was intentionally fouled without knowing what was happening and reacted. Should he have done that? No, but it was an instant reaction to contact he wasn't expecting. That's why I don't view it as such a big deal.

Wait, so you're saying that was an involuntary reaction? :eyebrow:

CityofTreez
12-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Dude needed plastic surgery after that right hand from Kermit Washington :laugh2:

Washington just kicked it afterwards, and was talking to the refs. You see that in today's game, Obama would address the nation.

Swashcuff
12-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Washington just kicked it afterwards, and was talking to the refs. You see that in today's game, Obama would address the nation.

Literally made me LOL

Sportfan
12-27-2012, 06:29 PM
I watch basketball to see players ball. If I wanted to see drama and fights id watch WWE

Philapsychosis
12-27-2012, 06:32 PM

Oh! Hey! Basketball....... I remember that. Miss when the game was fun like that.

Lets call this for what it is. It's to start an argument with heat fans KB-PAU whatever says in the 2nd post something about grabbing popcorn, and then tries to stoke the fire 2 posts later haha. ADD generation I guess

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Example...

So cold cocking a dude when he isn't looking (Rudy T), or clotheslining a player mid-air aren't remotely the same? There are tons of examples. Watch the video I posted, guys back then flat out fought.

TheMoneyTeam
12-27-2012, 06:40 PM
i watch basketball to see players ball. If i wanted to see drama and fights id watch wwe

+1

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 06:40 PM

hahahaha

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 06:41 PM
I watch basketball to see players ball. If I wanted to see drama and fights id watch WWE

that's why I started to watch it in 1984...to watch basketball. I suppose I could always walk away, seeing as its a girls game now compared to the old days, but I like the game.

Jiggy2maHeat
12-27-2012, 06:42 PM
ESPN has no credibility left after "the decision", they were all for "the decision" because of the ratings it will get them but as soon as it was over they blasted Lebron to gain more ratings.

3RDASYSTEM
12-27-2012, 06:49 PM

Yea its very sad across the board

its all a form of entertainment(hollywood) now, in heavy form

reason be i feel is the dollar is more bigger now, so they have to protect they money(players), at the expense of making it like you said....NBwussificationAssociation

gotoHcarolina52
12-27-2012, 06:52 PM

Lakers (Forum Blue & Gold) (http://www.forumblueandgold.com/)

Raptors ("Raptors Republic") (http://raptorsrepublic.com/)

Timberwolves ("A Wolf Among Wolves") (http://www.awolfamongwolves.com/)

Those are all ESPN Affiliates through ESPN's "TrueHoop Network" (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop)

But do feel free to keep whining! :cheers:

JC_
12-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Wait, so you're saying that was an involuntary reaction? :eyebrow:

When did I say that? lol What I said was not even close to that. He shouldn't have kicked his leg out, plain and simple. BUT it was still a pretty much instant reaction to unexpected contact which most people who have quick reaction times would have reacted to in some way. That is why it's not a big deal to me.

mjt20mik
12-27-2012, 07:01 PM
The whole league is soft. If Wade did this to me, I would retaliate 100 percent. Put that dude in a wheelchair.

John Walls Era
12-27-2012, 07:02 PM

:laugh: U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A

jmethlo
12-27-2012, 07:16 PM
He was trying to give Ramon Sessions Herpes.

avengedchaos5
12-27-2012, 07:22 PM

so physicality is a sport? i myself love good hard fought contests, not someone trying to hurt another player.

Pacerlive
12-27-2012, 07:29 PM
So cold cocking a dude when he isn't looking (Rudy T), or clotheslining a player mid-air aren't remotely the same? There are tons of examples. Watch the video I posted, guys back then flat out fought.

I think were people have a problem with it is that the old NBA use to police itself but now you have your Wades who never get the ball treatment in retaliation. The super stars seem to get away with it more when they should be put to the ground for doing such things.

I never looked at the NBA in the past or the present as anything to really watch for the chest bumping and wussy fights that occured. It certainly hasn't compared to other national sports who actually land a few haymakers in retaliation.

KnickaBocka.44
12-27-2012, 07:29 PM
When did I say that? lol What I said was not even close to that. He shouldn't have kicked his leg out, plain and simple. BUT it was still a pretty much instant reaction to unexpected contact which most people who have quick reaction times would have reacted to in some way. That is why it's not a big deal to me.

What it seems like you are saying here is that he felt contact and instinctually reacted kicked him in the nuts. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? He could have easily stopped his leg from rising any further up before he made contact with him, instead he kept going. It was obviously intentional.

RonE Coleman
12-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Any male who wears Magenta colored pants is a *****. That's all I have to say

Pacerlive
12-27-2012, 07:32 PM
What it seems like you are saying here is that he felt contact and instinctually reacted kicked him in the nuts. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? He could have easily stopped his leg from rising any further up before he made contact with him, instead he kept going. It was obviously intentional.

I think he is going with the "he scared me so I punched him in the face" argument. Wade saw the foul coming and was pissed since he could have dunked so I don't buy that argument at all.

Pacerlive
12-27-2012, 07:33 PM

Hey your the one that knows what the color magenta is...LOL

RonE Coleman
12-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Hey your the one that knows what the color magenta is...LOL

Clearly you never played with crayons as a child ;)

Pacerlive
12-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Clearly you never played with crayons as a child ;)

Hey you could have blamed your wife or your gf for that incriminating statement but you went old school. Burnt orange was one of my favorite crayons not "magenta". My dad probably took out all the girl colors and replaced them with hunter green.

Sportfan
12-27-2012, 07:45 PM
pics

RonE Coleman
12-27-2012, 07:49 PM
pics

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/dwyane-wade-pants.jpg

Teufelshunde4
12-27-2012, 07:55 PM

Can you imagine Laimbeer playing now? Howly cow.... The guy played hard and played to win I respect him for that. And the fact he got every ounce of effort and maximized his talent..

Take the toughest player today and Laimbeer would drive him nuts and beat him up and the guy would freak out and get tossed from the game.. no doubt..

Everyone think Garnett is dirty? Not even close to Laimbeer.... Wade and Lebron would think 3 or 4 times before going to the hole with him down there.. And he couldnt jump 2 or 3 inches off the ground...

tht_one_guy
12-27-2012, 08:08 PM
The NBA cant do anything about this it is going to be up to the players on the other teams if they are just going to let him pull these little biotch moves and do nothing then y would he stop Wade has too much money for a fine to teach him a lesson an arse whoopin should do the trick though maybe

bucketss
12-27-2012, 08:09 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/dwyane-wade-pants.jpg

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/theybf/JULY%202011/b26f92e1.jpg

lmao

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 08:13 PM
so physicality is a sport? i myself love good hard fought contests, not someone trying to hurt another player.

wait, basketball isn't a physical sport? So all the football and hockey players were right when I grew up. Basketball is for wussies....

Look, for the last time, I don't care if the game is soft now. But to sit here and act like Wade is dirty, when there were countless guys doing that **** and worse all the time, is laughable to me, and shows how out of touch most of the posters on this board really are with the history of the game.

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 08:14 PM
I think were people have a problem with it is that the old NBA use to police itself but now you have your Wades who never get the ball treatment in retaliation. The super stars seem to get away with it more when they should be put to the ground for doing such things.

I never looked at the NBA in the past or the present as anything to really watch for the chest bumping and wussy fights that occured. It certainly hasn't compared to other national sports who actually land a few haymakers in retaliation.

great points

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Can you imagine Laimbeer playing now? Howly cow.... The guy played hard and played to win I respect him for that. And the fact he got every ounce of effort and maximized his talent..

Take the toughest player today and Laimbeer would drive him nuts and beat him up and the guy would freak out and get tossed from the game.. no doubt..

Everyone think Garnett is dirty? Not even close to Laimbeer.... Wade and Lebron would think 3 or 4 times before going to the hole with him down there.. And he couldnt jump 2 or 3 inches off the ground...

those guys wouldn't have been allowed in the league dude. Like I said, Oakley made a comment 2-3 years ago that he wouldn't even make this league due to it being so soft. There were tons of guys back in the day whose sole purpose was to be the rim/star protector. You messed with Zeke, you had Mahorn and Laimbeer on you all night...

Faneik
12-27-2012, 08:23 PM
those guys wouldn't have been allowed in the league dude. Like I said, Oakley made a comment 2-3 years ago that he wouldn't even make this league due to it being so soft. There were tons of guys back in the day whose sole purpose was to be the rim/star protector. You messed with Zeke, you had Mahorn and Laimbeer on you all night...

I think Artest still has that old school mentality, but he's one of the few if there are more

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 08:55 PM
I think Artest still has that old school mentality, but he's one of the few if there are more

totally. And you see what happens when he does something dirty now, with the suspension, fine, etc. The old days, you just got a personal foul and people hated you haha.

JasonJohnHorn
12-27-2012, 08:59 PM
There is a difference between being tough, and kicking a guy in the balls, or just shoving a guy (like Hamilton) for no reason. And i am tired of the league looking the other way for Wade but hammering other guys for similar actions with big fines and suspensions. If Wade's name was DMC, he'd have gotten a number of suspensions over the last three seasons.

Faneik
12-27-2012, 09:11 PM
totally. And you see what happens when he does something dirty now, with the suspension, fine, etc. The old days, you just got a personal foul and people hated you haha.

what I miss the most from the old days was the intensity, the seriousness in the players' faces before an important game, especially in the PO's. There was no friendship before, during and after a game.

Nowadays, even in the PO's, opponents are smiling and hugging before the start of games. I hate that.

JC_
12-27-2012, 09:33 PM

It seems like you are saying that he reacted to contact and could have stopped himself from kicking his leg all the way up but he didn't.

Mr. Baller
12-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Wade suspended 1 game

Big Zo
12-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Remember when Dennis Rodman kicked the camera guy in the groin? When Ron Artest beat the crap out of Piston fans? When P.J. Brown body slammed Charlie Ward? Now those were worth talking about.

JC_
12-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Wade suspended 1 game

Sounds fair.

Can anyone explain to me why Sessions was intentionally fouling with 8:12 remaining in the fourth quarter? I didn't see the game so I still don't know why.

effen5
12-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Which is why Jordan is the greatest player in NBA history, he went through the most physical, dirtiest era in the league, dropped 60 bombs and told every team **** you. I can't ever see lebron or wade playing in those eras.

shizzle09
12-27-2012, 10:06 PM

this! well said

mjt20mik
12-27-2012, 10:11 PM
he got one game

bucketss
12-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Which is why Jordan is the greatest player in NBA history, he went through the most physical, dirtiest era in the league, dropped 60 bombs and told every team **** you. I can't ever see lebron or wade playing in those eras.

lets not exaggerate now

effen5
12-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Really? You think Patrick Ewing or Charles Oakley would let lebron and wade drive to the rim at will like they do now?

CTCUBBIES
12-27-2012, 10:25 PM
exactly. Look, I don't care if the league has gotten softer, it just makes me laugh when people call out a guy for being dirty who would have been considered a choir boy when I was watching it growing up.

The whining and flopping is something that has picked up monster steam for years. The only way it goes away is to start t'ing up anyone that goes overboard.

Hawkeye I think the problem with Wade is that he seems to want this stuff to be one-sided. The guys you mentioned such as Oakley, Mason, Mahorn, etc. would welcome a fight. Wade wants to get physical with people and then and cry when anyone plays him tough. If Oakley kicked someone in the balls he would have been ready to fight while Wade does this crap and then knows he will be protected by the way the league is now. Its like a guy who hits his brother and then runs behind their mom for protection.

bucketss
12-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Really? You think Patrick Ewing or Charles Oakley would let lebron and wade drive to the rim at will like they do now?

they won't but what will lebron and wade gonna do? quit lol.

AddiX
12-27-2012, 10:34 PM

I love physical play, and players that play like they hate the other team.

But the stuff wade does is dirty and he acts as if he did nothing wrong, what he did to collison, rondo, etc, that's not physical play, that's trying to injure players in a dirty way when there not expecting it.

That's soft, and cowardly.

Guys like lambeer Oakley and zeke, if they did something like that, they never tried to hide it, never tried to act like it was a freak accident, and never walked away from it.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-27-2012, 10:46 PM
wait, basketball isn't a physical sport? So all the football and hockey players were right when I grew up. Basketball is for wussies....

Look, for the last time, I don't care if the game is soft now. But to sit here and act like Wade is dirty, when there were countless guys doing that **** and worse all the time, is laughable to me, and shows how out of touch most of the posters on this board really are with the history of the game.

So because guys did it 15-30 years ago, that means its OK to do it today? I got ya. So he can punch someone in the nads again next week, but its all good and dandy because McHale clotheslined a guy, and Lambier took cheap shots, etc decades ago and the league didn't care as much.

It's a different world now, sports are looking to clean themselves up and prevent injuries more and more. All your posts in this thread are about how it's ok for these types of fouls/contact to happen because they happened 20+ years ago and the league didn't make as big of deals out of it, so then it should be allowed in today's game. Guess what, the game is much different now whether we all like it or not. I'm sorry it's not to your liking, but you can't just avoid what Wade does now with how the rules are compared to how they were in the 70s/80s.

Daunter
12-27-2012, 10:46 PM

I wish Kevin Love got hurt on one of those" physical" plays to see how you would react -.-

Swashcuff
12-27-2012, 10:56 PM
So because guys did it 15-30 years ago, that means its OK to do it today? I got ya. So he can punch someone in the nads again next week, but its all good and dandy because McHale clotheslined a guy, and Lambier took cheap shots, etc decades ago and the league didn't care as much.

It's a different world now, sports are looking to clean themselves up and prevent injuries more and more. All your posts in this thread are about how it's ok for these types of fouls/contact to happen because they happened 20+ years ago and the league didn't make as big of deals out of it, so then it should be allowed in today's game. Guess what, the game is much different now whether we all like it or not. I'm sorry it's not to your liking, but you can't just avoid what Wade does now with how the rules are compared to how they were in the 70s/80s.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND that point flew COMPLETELY over your head.

Its funny that's its a different world now but there are more underground and above ground fighting arenas than ever before. While Boxing has lost some steam the world of MMA and underground cage fighting has never been more popular.

You completely miss the point. Watch the game back then was way more fun for many (even myself) because you saw MUCH less punk fouls and players whining with the refs and if a guy tripped on his own damn feet the man who was standing two feet away from him wouldn't be called for the foul. You could have actually defended your man physically and get in his head way easier without being given a tech.

I'm not even from the era and I get what he's saying. Watching back at old games and watching ball now you'd really learn to appreciate earlier eras. You should try it and maybe next time you'd be able to see his POV.

Swashcuff
12-27-2012, 11:00 PM
I wish Kevin Love got hurt on one of those" physical" plays to see how you would react -.-

He'd react the very same way he's doing now. He's been a fan of the league before Love was even born why would he change his stance now? What he would hope however that that Pekovic can give that player a taste of his own medicine.

Aust
12-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Is Dwyane Wade a dirty player?

Yes.

Daunter
12-27-2012, 11:09 PM
He'd react the very same way he's doing now. He's been a fan of the league before Love was even born why would he change his stance now? What he would hope however that that Pekovic can give that player a taste of his own medicine.

If you want to watch clotheslines and elbows go watch MMA

Its ******** to want players to hurt other players just because you think its "fun"

I dont want to see careers end because some players cant play the game the right way.

Swashcuff
12-27-2012, 11:18 PM
If you want to watch clotheslines and elbows go watch MMA

Its ******** to want players to hurt other players just because you think its "fun"

I dont want to see careers end because some players cant play the game the right way.

Do these points continually fly over your guys' head or are you just trolling? This is a physical and extremely emotional game. These things happen. Serious question when did you start watching NBA Basketball.

Now tell me how many players careers were ended by physical play.

Daunter
12-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Im a 25 year old little boy who started watching basketball 19 years ago, im sorry if im not 50 like you guys.And how is getting intentionally hit or thrown to the floor like a ragdoll good for you again?

Swashcuff
12-27-2012, 11:27 PM
Im a 25 year old little boy who started watching basketball 19 years ago, im sorry if im not 50 like you guys.And how is getting intentionally hit or thrown to the floor like a ragdoll good for you again?

Actually I'm 23 so yea you can call me a little boy if you wanna. If you started watching the game 19 years ago can you tell me what differences you've seen in the game from then till now. I started watching the game 5 years after you and even then I can remember the game being way different.

Like I said before its a physical game getting the **** knocked out of you from time to time comes with the territory. Anyone who has ever played any physical sport in their life knows this.

Daunter
12-27-2012, 11:35 PM
There is a diference between physical and dirty.

It can be dangerous to get hit with your head 10ft above the ground without being able to protect yourself or expecting the hit.

I'll admit it was fun for me watching the Pacers back in the day but it should be about the players and their safety not about what we think is "fun"

Imo the game isn't ruined or not fun to wach.The only thing i hate is inconsistent officiating and technicals for showing emotions.

TmacBryant
12-27-2012, 11:39 PM

Yeah but there is a difference between being cheap and being dirty imo.
I don't mind physical play that involves shoving or pushing people to the ground. It is the tripping and the nuts-grabbing/kicking crap that gets to me.

And laker fans have no right to complain, we have U.N ambassador of Peace on our team.

Jahari Kavi
12-28-2012, 12:27 AM

its so funny how people treat Ewing and Oakley like they were some insurmountable duo lol...especially since Ewing could be finesse at times...the Celtics championship team was every bit as good defensively (actually better) than those Knick teams

Jahari Kavi
12-28-2012, 12:29 AM
Lebron would throw it down on Oakley like he throws it down on anyone else...hell...he's bigger than Oakley lol

bucketss
12-28-2012, 12:34 AM
its so funny how people treat Ewing and Oakley like they were some insurmountable duo lol...especially since Ewing could be finesse at times...the Celtics championship team was every bit as good defensively (actually better) than those Knick teams

also how people think lebron/wade are soft or something just because they joke around lebron is like 250 6'8 strong as a bull i think he can hold his own.

Jahari Kavi
12-28-2012, 12:42 AM
I'd take other teams in that same era over the Knicks defense....Rockets included....

Celtics33
12-28-2012, 12:43 AM
There is no justification for kicking a guy in the groin. Call it whatever you want, but that crap is a bunch of garbage and doesn't help the game in anyway.

Jahari Kavi
12-28-2012, 12:43 AM
also how people think lebron/wade are soft or something just because they joke around lebron is like 250 6'8 strong as a bull i think he can hold his own.

lol, exactly.....When he first came in the league Wade really didn't give a damn who was down in the paint, he'd just throw his body around like nothing...and Bron is a physical specimen who will challenge any interior defender, because he can.....

amos1er
12-28-2012, 12:44 AM

Does that have anything to do with the pussification of America?

bucketss
12-28-2012, 12:46 AM
Does that have anything to do with the pussification of America?

i don't see how andrew deserved a facepalm on that

amos1er
12-28-2012, 12:58 AM
i don't see how andrew deserved a facepalm on that

So you think Lamar was an all-star caliber player? Funny because he never made one all-star team and according to Hollingers PER scale, he was a 3rd Banana level player at best.

Greedy22
12-28-2012, 01:58 AM
I don't see them stopping a 6'8 260 ****ing beast in Lebron.

KnickaBocka.44
12-28-2012, 02:43 AM
It seems like you are saying that he reacted to contact and could have stopped himself from kicking his leg all the way up but he didn't.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

PacersForLife
12-28-2012, 06:00 AM
After watching the Pacers-Heat series last year I can't stand Wade. I used to like him before the big 3 happened. Now he's basically a worthless piece of trash... He always does something really dirty and then has a scowl on his face like he's a badass. He won't do anything after that either, if a player tries to confront him then he just walks away or whatever.

PacersForLife
12-28-2012, 06:05 AM
As far as the argument goes... I love to see little fights and arguments throughout the game. The refs should let the players sort it out until it starts to get out of hand, then they should break it up. Like Reggie mentioned during the Clippers-Celtics game tonight, when your team gets in to fights and what not, it builds chemistry. It also makes the game have more meaning if you ask me.

MickeyMgl
12-28-2012, 06:32 AM
and they havent been dickriding kobe despite the fact that he raped someone and cheated on his wife multiple times?

When did this happen?

amos1er
12-28-2012, 07:29 AM
When did this happen?

lol...it's still funny this day in age how people can act like Kobe was the first NBA star to cheat on his wife. :rolleyes:

Andrew32
12-28-2012, 08:55 AM
ESPN is a joke.

/Thread

kntresistheheat
12-28-2012, 09:51 AM
Geez! Two of those incidents were not even intentional and the rest of those calls can be a toss up?

JC_
12-28-2012, 10:42 AM
That's exactly what I'm saying.

Thank you:clap:

HiphopRelated
12-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Hawkeye I think the problem with Wade is that he seems to want this stuff to be one-sided. The guys you mentioned such as Oakley, Mason, Mahorn, etc. would welcome a fight. Wade wants to get physical with people and then and cry when anyone plays him tough. If Oakley kicked someone in the balls he would have been ready to fight while Wade does this crap and then knows he will be protected by the way the league is now. Its like a guy who hits his brother and then runs behind their mom for protection.
show an example of Wade backing down from a confrontation...

Knicks21
12-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Plain and simple, Wade is a *****.

Jarvo
12-28-2012, 11:08 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EQQoeXGpsYg

Money_23
12-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Wade fans: ESPN sucks
non-Wade fans: wade is a b1t_h

is he a dirty player? i've seen him do some questionable things on court, but the worst thing about him for me is his play style post-decision. He just flops around most of the time now....

effen5
12-28-2012, 12:06 PM
I don't see them stopping a 6'8 260 ****ing beast in Lebron.

I do. Lebron flops a lot too, I'd love to see someone knock him on his *** every play. Lebron would cry against the pistons. That bad boy team would've made Bron their personal *****.

RaiderLakersA's
12-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Incidental contact with the groin area. Not exactly a defense that any man should have to use.

bucketss
12-28-2012, 12:37 PM
So you think Lamar was an all-star caliber player? Funny because he never made one all-star team and according to Hollingers PER scale, he was a 3rd Banana level player at best.

do you even know what all star caliber means? and 3rd option level players can become allstars ie:david lee,roy hibbert

kswissdaf
12-28-2012, 12:40 PM
First all you *****es complain the NBA is so soft and there a bunch of *******, but then get mad at player is who plays a little dirty. I like dirty players

305 till I die
12-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Dwade is a real dude he can woop any of these guards.

I Rock Shaqs
12-28-2012, 03:04 PM
i don't mean this to offend you, but how old are you? Did you actually watch the bad boys pistons, or the early 1990's heat and knicks teams? They routinely took cheap shots. Mchale clotheslined rambis in the playoffs. Barkely tackled shaq to the ground. I am telling you, these types of plays happened nightly in the old days. After the league wussified itself, players who actually throw a dude down now and then get called out. That is weak sauce dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xnqyf03qk0

you people would crucify players like this nowadays, if wade's 4-5 little flare ups get your panties in a bunch.

again kicking another man in the balls is not a tough guy move.

Tymathee
12-28-2012, 03:19 PM
been sayin this for a long time, never been a Wade fan but now that he's not a huge superstar, they want to kick him.

P Styles
12-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Everyone hates the dirty players on other teams, but love the "dirty" player on their own team.

I, for one, HATE Wade. But I would love someone to show the same intensity on my own team. Everyone wearing a different jersey is the enemy.

blahblahyoutoo
12-28-2012, 03:35 PM
As far as the argument goes... I love to see little fights and arguments throughout the game. The refs should let the players sort it out until it starts to get out of hand, then they should break it up. Like Reggie mentioned during the Clippers-Celtics game tonight, when your team gets in to fights and what not, it builds chemistry. It also makes the game have more meaning if you ask me.

i agree. fighting should be allowed in every sport, like hockey.
it's like getting to watch a sport within another sport.

ghettosean
12-28-2012, 03:44 PM
First all you *****es complain the NBA is so soft and there a bunch of *******, but then get mad at player is who plays a little dirty. I like dirty players
Dude this is basketball not the rape protection program. Kicking a guy in the balls is not a part of any sport on this planet period! That would be seen as dirty even in MMA nevermind basketball.

ghettosean
12-28-2012, 03:49 PM

Hawkeye15 I really want to play basketball against you one on one lets do it and make it happen just so I can kick you in the balls for some of the posts you are making. :D

Shlumpledink
12-28-2012, 04:26 PM
This is a side effect of giving someone all the calls early in their career, they become petulant and expect foul calls. You see it a lot in the nba among the stars.

JC_
12-28-2012, 04:31 PM
This is a side effect of giving someone all the calls early in their career, they become petulant and expect foul calls. You see it a lot in the nba among the stars.

Yes, you are right. The definition of reason for kicking someone in the balls is: "a side effect of giving someone all the calls early in their career, they become petulant and expect foul calls. You see it a lot in the nba among the stars."

Marlin234
12-28-2012, 04:53 PM
You guys are ridiculous. Giving wade **** for something that is a 50-50 call. But when KG and Metta do dirtier stuff in game to game basis it goes unheard of, Why is that? Because your already accustom to hearig their name?

That article is flawed by the way. Wade nailed KG because KG leveled miller on a dirty pick while Miller playing hurt and about 40%. Wade saw it and protected his teammate, I find it perfectly fine and good. As a matter of fact he should have hit him harder.

Wade and Rondo in the playoffs. They were both fighting for a loose ball and they landed wrong. Wade was not thinking, " how does Anderson silva do it?".

You can YouTube the videos I don't have time to copy and link but if you do want to see the the evidence go ahead its right on YouTube.

SteBO
12-28-2012, 04:58 PM
You guys are ridiculous. Giving wade **** for something that is a 50-50 call. But when KG and Metta do dirtier stuff in game to game basis it goes unheard of. Why is that? Because your already accustom to hearig their name?

That article is flawed by the way. Wade nailed KG because KG leveled miller on a dirty pick when while Miller playing hurt and about 40%. Wade saw it and protected his teammate, I find it perfectly fine and good. As a matter of fact he should have hit him harder.

Wade and Rondo in the playoffs. They were both fighting for a loose ball and they landed wrong. Wade was not thinking, " how does Anderson silva do it?".

You can YouTube the videos I don't have time to copy and link but if you do want to see the the evidence go ahead its right on YouTube.
Also, consider the source. Brian Windhorst has had a few pieces that takes subtle digs at the Heat and jockrides LBJ to no end. I've never really been high on that guy, and this article is just another prime example of why I'm not fond of him as a writer. Dude's like a closet Cavs fan, and there's nothing that will convince me otherwise. (He attended the same HS LeBron did fwiw)

ghettosean
12-28-2012, 05:14 PM
You guys are ridiculous. Giving wade **** for something that is a 50-50 call. But when KG and Metta do dirtier stuff in game to game basis it goes unheard of, Why is that? Because your already accustom to hearig their name?

That article is flawed by the way. Wade nailed KG because KG leveled miller on a dirty pick while Miller playing hurt and about 40%. Wade saw it and protected his teammate, I find it perfectly fine and good. As a matter of fact he should have hit him harder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_QDViW_2s8

So Wade looses the ball and after the play he continues to back into rondo holding his arms out then he (sweeps) his left leg behind both of Rondos and takes him down.

Sorry this is the way I'm seeing it... What do you see?

Tony_Starks
12-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Wade is a throwback guy who actually plays hard. While people are trying to pick his game apart I'll be enjoying watching players like him who are the last of a dying breed......

ghettosean
12-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Sorry I don't think one person in here is saying Wade sucks just throwing out facts of dirty plays he has made in the past. I don't think anyone here said he doesn't work hard but a kick in the balls is something a girl would do if she's trying to prevent rape not what a man would do playing basketball.

Sorry but kicking someone in the balls (which is why ESPN called him out) is a dirty play period... Heat fans trying to deflect that or say it was an accident look like homers.

bucketss
12-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Sorry I don't think one person in here is saying Wade sucks just throwing out facts of dirty plays he has made in the past. I don't think anyone here said he doesn't work hard but a kick in the balls is something a girl would do if she's trying to prevent rape not what a man would do playing basketball.

Sorry but kicking someone in the balls (which is why ESPN called him out) is a dirty play period... Heat fans trying to deflect that or say it was an accident look like homers.

you seem pissed off in all your posts lol.

Ethix11
12-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Wade didnt kick Sessions on purpose, that is obvious. People who say he did use the logic that he has a history of dirty plays in the past but other than those incidents there arent any others. They really looked in every nook and cranny to defame him when there are much dirtier players like Kobe and Garnett but you dont hear about them because their teams dont get scrutinized as much. Wade has a tendency to allow his body momentum so he doesnt stop abruptly and get injured as a result. Wade isnt a dirty basketball player, there are just alot of panzies out there, dont let them mislead you.

SportsFanatic10
12-28-2012, 09:06 PM
haha windhorst is a joke, he should go back to covering the cavs.

ghettosean
12-29-2012, 01:11 PM
you seem pissed off in all your posts lol.
People defending a kick in the balls as a clean play or accident does piss me off... LOL.

Homers!!! Know what I mean... LOL.

I want to play ball against everyone who is defending wade on this play and kick them all in the balls... At least I'll be a clean player in there eyes while they are wincing on the ground :D

IKnowHoops
12-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Its not like he went up to dude and went for a 40 yard field goal. It had as much to do with momentum than anything. His body was going one way and sessions kinda checked his upper body and he was just lazy with his leg and it found the crotch.

ghettosean
12-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Its not like he went up to dude and went for a 40 yard field goal. It had as much to do with momentum than anything. His body was going one way and sessions kinda checked his upper body and he was just lazy with his leg and it found the crotch.
Sessions and the NBA who reviewed the tape disagree and believe it was intentional as do most who saw the replay. Whether it was a running start or a little girl karate kick at the end of the day a kick in the balls is a kick in the balls.

Shlumpledink
12-29-2012, 04:42 PM
When have you ever seen someone do that before on an nba court? It was an unnatural act, and wade lunged his leg out between sessions'. It was a reach in foul and wade was knocked completely off balance and had to throw his leg forward to get balance? Come on now...

ghettosean
12-29-2012, 06:30 PM
When have you ever seen someone do that before on an nba court? It was an unnatural act, and wade lunged his leg out between sessions'. It was a reach in foul and wade was knocked completely off balance and had to throw his leg forward to get balance? Come on now...
LOL... Seriously is the minority delusional... Why did he get suspended again by the way??? See the replay again for yourself and listen to the announcers live and there comments on the play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KftUuxS3kdc&feature=player_detailpage

Everyone else seems to be seeing this except for some Wade homers... I prefer the unbiased judgement of the league and the announcers hell even ESPN.

effen5
12-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Lol that kick was intentional