PDA

View Full Version : Is Dwight howard playing at an All-Star level this year?

nickdymez
12-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Obviously Dwight is a superstar in this league, but his play this year hasn't been all that great, definitely not superstar caliber. I know he will probably make the team because of reputation and the fact that the All-Star voting is flawed, but does he deserve to be there?

nickdymez
12-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Damn, should have added a poll

JNoel
12-27-2012, 04:51 PM
I think that nickdymez has a better chance of making it over Dwight.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Well, he is the only player right now in the league in the Top 5 in all 3 categories of FG% (4th), BPG (4th), and RPG (4th). No player that is on one of the 3 lists is on the other 2 lists.

So that's still damn impressive by Dwight.

Dwight is not playing "best C" in the league caliber ball, but he'll get there in my opinion by the all-star break when he's close to fully healthy.

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 04:52 PM
absolutely not. Marc Gasol and Tim Duncan have been better at the center position. Factor in that, at least until now, the team he plays for hasnt been very good.

nickdymez
12-27-2012, 04:53 PM

One reason why this forum is a joke now. Instead of just staying away from this thread or actually adding something to it, he makes a "nickdymez" joke because he feels thats what will get him accepted around here. Well way to go JNoel.

Bruno
12-27-2012, 04:54 PM
absolutely not. Marc Gasol and Tim Duncan have been better at the center position. Factor in that, at least until now, the team he plays for hasnt been very good.

x2.

dwight still isn't himself, and he might not ever be 'himself' for the rest of the season. i think he came back too soon because he's so eager to please. i think he should take a few weeks off. let pau find his groove at center.

nickdymez
12-27-2012, 04:55 PM

Exactly the two I have in front of him. I dont know how many true bigs they will carry on this roster. Seeing as though Tim can play both ways, Dwight can make it with that added flexability.

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 04:55 PM
x2.

dwight still isn't himself, and he might not ever be 'himself' for the rest of the season. i think he came back too soon because he's so eager to please. i think he could take a few games off.

I think he came back too early as well. He should have rested the first 3 weeks or so. I think he will be fine in the long run obviously, but that is not the same Dwight we saw in Orlando. Simply put, there are a couple players easily outplaying him at the position out west as well right now.

nickdymez
12-27-2012, 04:56 PM
x2.

dwight still isn't himself, and he might not ever be 'himself' for the rest of the season. i think he came back too soon because he's so eager to please. i think he should take a few weeks off. let pau find his groove at center.

Yep, best bet for the Lakers. The Lakers are playing in panic mode instead of smart mode, so they wont do it..

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Exactly the two I have in front of him. I dont know how many true bigs they will carry on this roster. Seeing as though Tim can play both ways, Dwight can make it with that added flexability.

oh, I think he makes it on reputation alone. I just don't think he is playing all star level ball for this season so far. And I have no issue with him making it, its a fans game, and they love Dwight.

RonE Coleman
12-27-2012, 04:58 PM

This.

Both Marc and Timmy D have been playing much better two way ball then Dwight so far this year.

JNoel
One reason why this forum is a joke now. Instead of just staying away from this thread or actually adding something to it, he makes a "nickdymez" joke because he feels thats what will get him accepted around here. Well way to go JNoel.

Whatever you say dude. Any good stuff you put into threads, you will get back, just know that from now on nickdymez.

Bruno
I think he came back too early as well. He should have rested the first 3 weeks or so. I think he will be fine in the long run obviously, but that is not the same Dwight we saw in Orlando. Simply put, there are a couple players easily outplaying him at the position out west as well right now.

Yep, best bet for the Lakers. The Lakers are playing in panic mode instead of smart mode, so they wont do it..

yeah, you guys are right.

nickdymez
12-27-2012, 05:00 PM
oh, I think he makes it on reputation alone. I just don't think he is playing all star level ball for this season so far. And I have no issue with him making it, its a fans game, and they love Dwight.

I agree that its a fans game, but I also feel that the league can do better with their brand by exposing other players in smaller markets in particular. Dwight doesnt deserve it, point blank. Put Marc in their again.

nickdymez
12-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Whatever you say dude. Any good stuff you put into threads, you will get back, just know that from now on nickdymez.

Yea sure thing bro. Thanks

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 05:12 PM
I agree that its a fans game, but I also feel that the league can do better with their brand by exposing other players in smaller markets in particular. Dwight doesnt deserve it, point blank. Put Marc in their again.

well, we finally agree on something. :cheers:

tapajafri
12-27-2012, 05:57 PM

Woahhhh, we're getting a little too carried away. Unless we're talking about backup water boy for the west, then I'd say you may be correct.

Cracka2HI!
12-27-2012, 06:05 PM
It certainly seems like there are Centers playing better, but he's still doing fine. I've watched a lot of their games and he is certianly nothing close to dominant on defense. I don't think he's healthy like everyone else. Unless he's MUCH better on defense than what I've consistantly seen from him this season he is terribly overrated on that side of the ball. I think team defense is a big issue there too, but I can't see Nash and Antoni improving that.

RLundi
12-27-2012, 06:35 PM
He definitely shouldn't, but the fans will vote him in because he plays for the Lakers.

I wonder if he'll get penalized any for the past year and a half fiasco that got to be annoying to fans' perspective. Idk if he still holds the same value and popularity in the public eye as he used to.

I think many fans have soured on him -- coupled with the fact that the Lakers have underachieved -- but I still fully expect him to be voted in.

shep33
12-27-2012, 06:45 PM
He hasn't been the best center in the league this year. Duncan and Gasol have been better imo. That being said, he's not fully healthy and he's still putting up solid numbers.

He'll get voted in by the fans unfairly though, should be Marc + Duncan

JordansBulls
01-01-2013, 09:10 PM
He is averaging 18 ppg, 12 reb and 2.5 bpg so far this season.

Tony_Starks
01-01-2013, 09:27 PM
17, 12, and 2 coming off back surgery as 2nd, sometimes 3rd option on a new team is pretty damn impressive to me. If he didn't start off the season shooting so horribly from the FT line he'd be over 20pts easy.....

kblo247
01-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Only one Laker should make it, Kobe, that is it.

My all star selections

Paul Kobe Curry Parker Westbrook Harden
Durant Lee Marc Duncan Blake Zach

I dont have Pau, Love, Dwight, Iggy, Lawson, Manu, Aldridge, Milsap, Jefferson, Dirk, Lin, Conley, Gay, or Mayo even sniffing the game.

Hell as a Laker fan, I'd take Metta over Dwight, Pau, or Nash based on fact he's the most consistent second guy on the team this year

RyanStorm
01-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Obviously Dwight is a superstar in this league, but his play this year hasn't been all that great, definitely not superstar caliber. I know he will probably make the team because of reputation and the fact that the All-Star voting is flawed, but does he deserve to be there?

I think Dwight is a perfect canidate for All Star. I mean his stats are great, and his game is solid(if comparing to other C's, because when comparing him to himself or Shaq its not as great looking).

Plus his popularity is through the roof, and will become an All Star. I mean Shaq is hard to be the successor to a guy who won this club some rings. Biggest thing about this is Kobe is still here! Dwight and Kobe should be a wrecking ball, and even know you got big boy problems like Jazz, your working with two highly talented guys who shouldn't be having such stupid problems such as team work.

skoobiesnax69
01-01-2013, 09:35 PM
who cares if we run low on time outs in the first half??

skoobiesnax69
01-01-2013, 09:36 PM
woops, this aint knicks forum..

DallasTrilla23
01-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Not only should he not be starting he shouldn't even be in as a reserve..

There's plenty of other centers playing better basketball right now.

Plus, the lakers shouldn't even get 2 all-stars because they're barely .500

SlimKid
01-02-2013, 12:55 AM
Simple answer is no, but he will be because of fan voting and him being in L.A.

Lakers + Giants
01-02-2013, 12:59 AM
Honestly, no.

Chronz
01-02-2013, 01:57 AM
He is averaging 18 ppg, 12 reb and 2.5 bpg so far this season.

Yes he is

b@llhog24
01-02-2013, 02:01 AM
Only one Laker should make it, Kobe, that is it.

My all star selections

Paul Kobe Curry Parker Westbrook Harden
Durant Lee Marc Duncan Blake Zach

I dont have Pau, Love, Dwight, Iggy, Lawson, Manu, Aldridge, Milsap, Jefferson, Dirk, Lin, Conley, Gay, or Mayo even sniffing the game.

Hell as a Laker fan, I'd take Metta over Dwight, Pau, or Nash based on fact he's the most consistent second guy on the team this year

Changed your tune on him, huh? :)

It certainly seems like there are Centers playing better, but he's still doing fine. I've watched a lot of their games and he is certianly nothing close to dominant on defense. I don't think he's healthy like everyone else. Unless he's MUCH better on defense than what I've consistantly seen from him this season he is terribly overrated on that side of the ball. I think team defense is a big issue there too, but I can't see Nash and Antoni improving that.

He is.

TheSource
01-02-2013, 02:32 AM
His numbers on a different center would put them as one of the best, but since Dwight isn't playing up to HIS expectations, he looks sub-par.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-02-2013, 02:42 AM
He's not the best at his position this year, but he's playing at a good (compared to most centers) level.

Lakersfan2483
01-02-2013, 03:01 AM
I think he is playing at an all star level. He's top 3 in the NBA in rebounding, top 5 in blocks, top 5 in fg pct., he's the only top player to be in the top 5 in 3 categories. Now, I definitely don't believe he's anywhere what he used to be in terms of impact on the game, but that has to do with having a major back surgery. Only a few bigs are playing better than him right now and most don't have the overall numbers that he has despite his limitations right now.

c.c.
01-02-2013, 03:25 AM
Asik? Asik anyone?

SACNYY
01-02-2013, 03:30 AM
It doesn't seem like it. Doesn't matter really. He's signing with Orlando anyway.

b-ballistic
01-02-2013, 03:32 AM
he shoots free throws like a girl

SACNYY
01-02-2013, 03:33 AM
he shoots free throws like a girl

That's Shaun Marion. Dwight shoots like Shaq.

AnthonyTyrael
01-02-2013, 03:34 AM
All Star spots are about common recognition and reputation. Howard's reputation can be seen double edged.

AnthonyTyrael
01-02-2013, 03:36 AM
That's Shaun Marion. Dwight shoots like Shaq.

Shawn's shooting in general is ugly to watch, no matter from what spot but he's making most - superior to Shaq and Howard.

SACNYY
01-02-2013, 03:38 AM
Shawn's shooting in general is ugly to watch, no matter from what spot but he's making most - superior to Shaq and Howard.

I just mean't that his shot is very much like a woman's shot. I've seen girls in the WNBA with the exact same style as Marion.

b@llhog24
01-02-2013, 04:33 AM
I think he is playing at an all star level. He's top 3 in the NBA in rebounding, top 5 in blocks, top 5 in fg pct., he's the only top player to be in the top 5 in 3 categories. Now, I definitely don't believe he's anywhere what he used to be in terms of impact on the game, but that has to do with having a major back surgery. Only a few bigs are playing better than him right now and most don't have the overall numbers that he has despite his limitations right now.

He's playing like an "all-star caliber" player, but he's not playing better than the other C's (Marc and Duncan) in the West.

stawka
01-02-2013, 04:57 AM
Just noticed Kobe-Pau-DH2012 got perma banned.

PSD is instantly my favourite forum. Thank you God/mods/PSD/evolution

JayW_1023
01-02-2013, 08:23 PM
He is still the best C in the league, and in his prime. He is just not the first option, as he should be.

But then there is Kobe...

nickdymez
01-02-2013, 08:32 PM
He is still the best C in the league, and in his prime. He is just not the first option, as he should be.

But then there is Kobe...

No, he's not the best center in the league right now. There are at least 3 other guys playing better... :facepalm:

JayW_1023
01-02-2013, 08:34 PM
No, he's not the best center in the league right now. There are at least 3 other guys playing better... :facepalm:

That's because the Lakers are not initiating their offense through him like they should.

Bruno
01-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Tim Duncan should be the starter in the all-star game for the west. he has been by far the best center in the WC. Marc Gasol should back him up.

Howard is a super-star, but you havent been paying attention (or looking at his advanced line) if you think he should be an automatic lock for ASG weekend 2013.

beliges
01-02-2013, 08:55 PM

That's because the Lakers are not initiating their offense through him like they should.

He's not adequate enough offensively to initiate the offense through. Plus the Lakers have Nash and Kobe, two superior offensive players. Dwight needs to get his rebounding and defense back on track. He's not a #1 option on a team and will never be able to win as the #1 offensive option.'

nickdymez
01-02-2013, 09:00 PM
He's not adequate enough offensively to initiate the offense through. Plus the Lakers have Nash and Kobe, two superior offensive players. Dwight needs to get his rebounding and defense back on track. He's not a #1 option on a team and will never be able to win as the #1 offensive option.'

I just realized that this JW guy is a troll..

--23--
01-02-2013, 09:02 PM
absolutely not

b-ballistic
01-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Shaq was right, Brook is better

JayW_1023
01-03-2013, 04:52 AM
I just realized that this JW guy is a troll..

Please, you flatter me. I've been around this forum for 8 years.

KingPosey
01-03-2013, 05:12 AM
He easily is IMO, he is still recovering and is still maybe the top big in the game, mostly because centers just arent that good. It all depends on how many forwards get the nod though.

JRisdabest
01-03-2013, 05:30 AM
no.marc gasol.

nickdymez
01-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Please, you flatter me. I've been around this forum for 8 years.

How long ago did you start full time trolling?

RLundi
01-03-2013, 01:58 PM

Likewise?

nickdymez
01-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Likewise?

You guys on the same team?

RLundi
01-03-2013, 02:00 PM
You guys on the same team?

Likewise?

sep11ie
01-03-2013, 02:05 PM
nick.dymez.

nickdymez
01-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Likewise?

lmao @ nerd ****.. :facepalm:

DreamShaker
01-03-2013, 02:14 PM

He's a really, really good poster who has been around for a long time. Just because he disagrees with you, doesn't mean he's a troll. Goodness.

nickdymez
01-03-2013, 02:18 PM
He's a really, really good poster who has been around for a long time. Just because he disagrees with you, doesn't mean he's a troll. Goodness.

I didnt say he was a troll because he disagrees with me you ********. I said he was a troll because he's trolling right now. ****

RLundi
01-03-2013, 02:19 PM
lmao @ nerd ****.. :facepalm:

Likewise?

Pistol_Pete
01-03-2013, 02:27 PM
The question posed here is "is Dwight Howard playing at an all-star level this season" not if others are outplaying him.

17ppg (#30 in the league), 12rpg (#4), 2.6blockspg (#4)

He's 3rd among centers in scoring, 1st in the West.
He's 2nd among centers in rebounding, 1st in the West.
He's 3rd among centers in blocks, 1st in the West.
He's 5th among centers in steals, 2nd in the West.
He's 11th among centers in assists, 6th in the West.
He's 2nd among centers in double doubles, 2nd in the West.

He's also, 53rd among centers in FT%, 17th in FG%, and 1st in turnovers. So that's not too good.

Positionally, yes, he's an all-star. Statistically, he's the best center in the West overall at the moment, ranking 1st in scoring, rebounding, and blocks, and 2nd in steals. Looking at the numbers, while less than he's been, he's the guy.

fredv
01-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Omer.

Stinkyoutsider
01-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Maybe Dwight isn't ahead of a few guys but I think his fans will vote him in. And, he's still does damage in the paint so it would be ok if the West would carry 3 centers this year. One for Gasol, one for Duncan, and one for Howard...

He's putting up excellent numbers based off the fact that he's back from major back surgery though. I think with this sort of surgery, it's going to take him about a year for him to regain all of his strength and athleticism. In the meantime, if D'Antoni figures out how to get Pau Gasol involved more, this will take the burden off of Howard to control the paint.

monty77
01-03-2013, 03:11 PM
No doubts that Howard is an allstar caliber player but this year he is showing a poor game because he hasn't a full team around him and he is unable to improve this team with his defense skills.

He have to share the ball with Kobe and Pau, and there aren't many plays designed to him so he scores less points than past years. Though, most worrying of all is his lack of attitude.

I have some doubts about his attitude, dedication and implication in the team, and I also have some doubts about Howard resign with Lakers this summer as he has never declared that Los Angeles were his favorite team. I think Brooklyn was his first option and is possible that he join Nets next year.

However, there aren't too many good players in Western Conference this year playing as Center: Duncan, Gortat, Cousins, Kaman, Marc Gasol, Asik, Pekovic, Jefferson...

If Howard played in Eastern Conference he probably wouldn't play allstar game because Horford, Noah, Bosh, Hibbert, Chandler, Garnett and Brook Lopez are certainly better players.

Chronz
01-03-2013, 03:13 PM
I didnt say he was a troll because he disagrees with me you ********. I said he was a troll because he's trolling right now. ****

Your posts are getting worse and Im not saying this because I disagree with what you've said in this thread. Frankly, Dwight isnt deserving of being the go-to option with his inefficiency. But the way you go about defending the guy has degraded of late.

3RDASYSTEM
01-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Your posts are getting worse and Im not saying this because I disagree with what you've said in this thread. Frankly, Dwight isnt deserving of being the go-to option with his inefficiency. But the way you go about defending the guy has degraded of late.

Quite frankly i dont think any player of any ilk with a career avg of 18ppg is any 'go to' option,has nothing to do with efficiency when you playing ball

he just isnt capable after like 8yrs in the league

being 'efficient' does not qualify you as a 'go to' guy

go to guys are just that, they create a shot/play for themselves or others at any moment of the game,no matter what qtr...thats a true go to guy, regardless of PER/pct/ws%%% and all that other dumb **** in between

nickdymez
01-03-2013, 03:30 PM

I dont think i've ever defended Dwight

nickdymez
01-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Quite frankly i dont think any player of any ilk with a career avg of 18ppg is any 'go to' option,has nothing to do with efficiency when you playing ball

go to guys are just that, they create a shot/play for themselves or others at any moment of the game,no matter what qtr...thats a true go to guy, regardless of PER/pct/ws%%% and all that other dumb **** in between

And "go to" guys should be able to hit free throws when you need to "go to" them in clutch situations.

Chronz
01-03-2013, 03:40 PM

Thats your opinion but I dont agree with any bit of it. Id much rather side with the GM's, scouts, coaches, and pros thank you very much.

Chronz
01-03-2013, 03:40 PM
I dont think i've ever defended Dwight

No ****. Your defending Kobe for not deferring to Dwight is the point Im making.

Chronz
01-03-2013, 03:41 PM
And "go to" guys should be able to hit free throws when you need to "go to" them in clutch situations.
Just so Im translating this properly, your saying

No good at free throws = no go to option?

nickdymez
01-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Just so Im translating this properly, your saying

No good at free throws = no go to option?

what?? Yes, thats what im saying. In the 4th when you need buckets and the other team knows that you cant hit ft's, they just foul you. How is that being a "go to" guy? why would I go to that person when all the other team has to do is foul you?

nickdymez
01-03-2013, 03:52 PM
No ****. Your defending Kobe for not deferring to Dwight is the point Im making.

Talking to you about Kobe is pointless. You hate him. I like him as a player. Lets let this one go and focus on Dwight please.

HouRealCoach
01-03-2013, 04:15 PM
He's having a hard time adapting I guess... But I don't understand how both he & Amare had the same injury last year (I think I maybe wrong) and he had the last month off including the playoffs and the entire offseason but Amare came back a couple weeks later but Dwight's injury is still nagging him

I honestly thought he just sat out because he didn't want to put on another Magic jersey

kblo247
01-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Changed your tune on him, huh? :)

He is.

I can give credit where it is due, I always said I would.

kblo247
01-03-2013, 06:37 PM
He's having a hard time adapting I guess... But I don't understand how both he & Amare had the same injury last year (I think I maybe wrong) and he had the last month off including the playoffs and the entire offseason but Amare came back a couple weeks later but Dwight's injury is still nagging him

I honestly thought he just sat out because he didn't want to put on another Magic jersey

Dwight had major surgery, Amare had rehab and therapy. The surgery was said to have a 9 month recovery time. He wasn't even supposed to make his debut until Christmas at the earliest. I honestly think he came back early to make people happy after the whole Dwightmare at the cost of his full strength. What has hurt him more than Hck a Dwight is that he is getting stripped where would simply rip thou and overpower people

sep11ie
01-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Are Laker fans still gonna defend Dwight if he leaves?

Chronz
01-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Talking to you about Kobe is pointless. You hate him.
So then why am I agreeing with you that Kobe should not defer to Dwight?

I like him as a player. Lets let this one go and focus on Dwight please.
Your not getting the point, this is about Dwight and his inability to supplant Kobe with his current level of play.

what?? Yes, thats what im saying. In the 4th when you need buckets and the other team knows that you cant hit ft's, they just foul you. How is that being a "go to" guy? why would I go to that person when all the other team has to do is foul you?
Just so that Im 100% sure of what your saying.

Shaq+Wilt+Russell = not go to options?

nickdymez
01-03-2013, 07:00 PM
So then why am I agreeing with you that Kobe should not defer to Dwight?

Your not getting the point, this is about Dwight and his inability to supplant Kobe with his current level of play.

Just so that Im 100% sure of what your saying.

Shaq+Wilt+Russell = not go to options?

I never watched Wilt and Russel play, so I dont know what happened at THE END OF GAMES. But during the game, sure shaq is your "Go to" guy. But the lakers had this guy on their team named Kobe, who would pretty much finish games for the lakers. Shaq would get his when they came, but Kobe was the finisher on those teams. Probably why they call him the best closer in the game.

DreamShaker
01-03-2013, 07:06 PM

I have absolutely no idea what you just called me, but thanks. Happy New year.

nickdymez
01-03-2013, 07:07 PM
I have absolutely no idea what you just called me, but thanks. Happy New year.

a ********.. happy new year to you too....

Chronz
01-03-2013, 07:11 PM
I never watched Wilt and Russel play, so I dont know what happened at THE END OF GAMES.
They missed them as much as they made them. But your seriously questioning if Wilt can be labeled a go to guy? One of the greatest scorers ever and you dont feel you've seen enough to warrant that distinction?

And out of curiosity, when you say NEVER, you really mean only a few games right?

But during the game, sure shaq is your "Go to" guy.
Thank you, thats what people are expecting of Dwight. You can be a go to guy and still be a bad free throw shooter. Dwight hasn't been capable, hes been dreadful when given the ball on the blocks and hes been dreadful without Kobe around to spoonfeed him.

So in short, Dwight not being a good free throw shooter has very little to do with him not being a go to option, because his liability at the line is only of significance in single possession games with very little time left. There is still the other 95% of the game where he can be a go to option, IF he had the ability.

nickdymez
01-03-2013, 07:13 PM
They missed them as much as they made them. But your seriously questioning if Wilt can be labeled a go to guy? One of the greatest scorers ever and you dont feel you've seen enough to warrant that distinction?

Thank you, thats what people are expecting of Dwight. You can be a go to guy and still be a bad free throw shooter. Dwight hasn't been capable, hes been dreadful when given the ball on the blocks and hes been dreadful without Kobe around to spoonfeed him.

So in short, Dwight not being a good free throw shooter has very little to do with him not being a go to option, because his liability at the line is only of significance in single possession games with very little time left. There is still the other 95% of the game where he can be a go to option, IF he had the ability.

I guess you win the argument.

shep33
01-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Are Laker fans still gonna defend Dwight if he leaves?

Honestly if he leaves, I'd be somewhat upset because he's said that he likes it here and wants to stay.

That being said, if he leaves it just gives us more cap room for 2014. The rebuild starts in a good year, and maybe we can sign Pau and Kobe on the cheap.

Chronz
01-03-2013, 07:56 PM
I guess you win the argument.
As always.

But that was never the intention of my post, if you read it I was saying we were in agreement, how did we even get here? I blame you.

nickdymez
01-03-2013, 08:02 PM
As always.

But that was never the intention of my post, if you read it I was saying we were in agreement, how did we even get here? I blame you.

Naw man, all your fault on this one buddy :cool:

SirSkyHook
01-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Dwight had major surgery, Amare had rehab and therapy. The surgery was said to have a 9 month recovery time. He wasn't even supposed to make his debut until Christmas at the earliest. I honestly think he came back early to make people happy after the whole Dwightmare at the cost of his full strength. What has hurt him more than Hck a Dwight is that he is getting stripped where would simply rip thou and overpower people

This is why plays arent being ran for him alot. The start of the season Kobe was shooting 56% on like 18 shots a game. After all the ball strips and hack a Dwights, plays stop being ran as much through D12 and i think it slowing his recovering. This also caused Kobe to shoot alot more which has at times cause Dwight to pout.

I think once he's healthy and no longer an liabilty on Offense, he'll get more touches and be more engaged on both ends and play at an allstar level, but as of now there better playing bigs.