PDA

View Full Version : Local media bashes Kevin Love...

Everymanalion
12-27-2012, 01:00 PM
http://www.kfan.com/pages/psn_paulal...ticle=10659843

"No love for Love".-

"I know I am the Purveyor of Positivity and it's out of character for me to rip people, but I am becoming sick of KEVIN LOVE. His whiny act bugged me repeatedly tonite in the loss to Houston, and I must concede ever since he ripped the organization in that Yahoo! story two weeks ago I have waited for him to back his his prattle with team-carrying performances.

Instead, he continues to be broke from three-point range (24 percent this year, 0-for-7 tonite) and complains more than any player I have seen. He shoots and shoots and shoots and generally is wide open from deep, and cannot get close. He was beaten for key rebounds tonite and couldn't stop STUD JAMES HARDEN on a huge hoop late. James exploded straight down the key and the slow-footed Love seemed to lack the desire to even foul him. Too, he led the Wolves in turnovers with five.

James Harden is a max-contract guy, Kevin Love is not playing like one. I know he's coming off a broken-hand injury, and I am willing to cut him some slack for the shooting, but other facets of his game continue to bug.

To wit, I have seen him repeatedly miss and not hustle back on defense. He did it several times tonite, and it's unacceptable for (a) the highest-paid player on the team and (b) for a guy who torched the organization for lack of direction. When you rip the way he did you have to personify hustle every single play and he doesn't. He seems afraid to pick up fouls because it may affect his opportunity to fill his stat sheet if he has to sit.

Those who claim he is nothing but a big box score at best are looking accurate. His defense at times is deplorable. But the thing that irked me the most tonite happened in the first half, and it was a subtle exchange between him and JJ BAREA. JJ shoots too much sometimes and at best is a role player, but he's scrappy as hell and always gets the most out of his game. Barea has ring cred, and Love does not.

Kevin made a nice pass to Barea under the basket in the second quarter, and Barea refused to shoot it. JJ is five-foot-nothing and most likely would have had it blocked. Love passed to the shortest guy on the court under the basket and became pissed off JJ didn't shoot it. His arms went to flailing and he screamed something at Barea. Then as the ball went the other way Love continued the histrionics and seemed more interested in showing up Barea than hustling back on defense.

Why? Why become pissed at the littlest guy on the court for not launching a stupid shot amongst the trees? Why not shake it off and become the team leader you swear you are? If you rip the direction of the team publicly go out and outwork everybody so we know the passion comes from your heart.

Kevin clearly is frustrated his shot is way off and is not handling it with aplomb. He has *****ed about calls and lack of ref cred all of his career, and when he got into Barea tonite it bugged the heck out of me. Execute your defensive prowess with more effort, and watch some James Harden tape if you want to know what a true max-contract guy plays like. James is smooth, tries hard on defense and didn't act like a child when he was traded from maybe the best team in the NBA. Instead, he goes out every game and guides the Rockets like the born leader he is.

We need a better overall game from Love while THE SPANISH KID rounds into form -- he's not close, by the way -- and more is required from Kevin to assist this team to the postseason. I hated what he said in that Yahoo! story and it makes him look awful when he shoots terribly, doesn't hustle on defense and shows up players on the court. It has to stop."

Despite the ******** grammatical errors in this "report", I think Kevin Love would benefit immensely from a change of scenery, especially if they do not make the playoffs this year and I think he would want to be in a bigger market team.... I like the T-wolves but damn, seems there is always drama with them and K-love.

RLundi
12-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Welcome to Los Angeles, Kevin Love.

Snakeyestx
12-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Cut your losses and send him to Houston, we'll sort him out and give him a team he can find his mojo back with. ;)

SLY WILLIAMS
12-27-2012, 01:02 PM
That sound more like a blogger or comment from a fan than a real reporter. For all the K Love bashing there are very few teams if any in the NBA that would not love to have him on their team.

Snakeyestx
12-27-2012, 01:13 PM
K-Love for Royce White ... DO IT! Neither team's situation could possibly get any "worse" with that trade. :p

Teeboy1487
12-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Wish he could come home to LA.

Chronz
12-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Ive been wondering if Love isn't trying to to do too much. I think he needs to go back to being a lower usage, insanely efficient player for this team. His 3pt shooting can be a weapon but it can also detract from what he does best, battle for rebounds. I think the team needs him to revert to the Love that was getting 30 rebounds. Or maybe Im overrating rebounding, hard to tell.

lilchuckdoubles
12-27-2012, 01:32 PM
i can't even really defend love. the only thing i could say is that he's still recovering from the injury but that doesn't seem like a good excuse considering how well he bounced back from other injuries earlier in his career. i dont know, would hate to think he's playing like this because of some selfish superstar attitude reason.

FOBolous
12-27-2012, 01:42 PM
send him to Houston. we'll take this "headache" off your hands for you ;)

lilchuckdoubles
12-27-2012, 01:44 PM
send him to Houston. we'll take this "headache" off your hands for you ;)

give us harden and we might be able to talk;)

JNoel
12-27-2012, 01:45 PM
dupe post.

JNoel
12-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Love 4 Pittman

JiffyMix88
12-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Well that link isn't working and I think whoever wrote this is an idiot.

Sadds The Gr8
12-27-2012, 01:53 PM
Now watch the Lakers rape the Wolves in a Gasol for Love type deal :facepalm:

netsgiantsyanks
12-27-2012, 01:57 PM
brooklyn. i can dream.

Dade County
12-27-2012, 02:15 PM
I see one of these teams getting him...

Bulls, Dallas, Pacers, Cleveland, if Phoenix can land Eric Dirtbag Gordan, Golden State.

Remmni
12-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Demarcus Cousins For Love

JesusWears24
12-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Love 4 Pittman

I know people are just throwing out stupid trades.....but when heat fans do it, it just annoys everyone.

Andrew32
12-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Barea has ring cred, and Love does not.
Stopped reading.

meloman1592
12-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Love for Kurt Thomas take it or leave it

Snakeyestx
12-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Demarcus Cousins For Love

Yeah... THAT will go over REAL well.... send a 22 year old with a toxic attitude when things don't go his way to another team that doesn't have big market potential and older players to mentor him properly and keep him in line to further his character development to ruin another small market team.

I hate to say this, but DMC would be best suited in Boston under the tutelage of Kevin Garnett. DMC gets out of line, and Garnett will beat his ***, plain and simple.

shep33
12-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Don't answer Mitch's call Minny lol. Rip the cord out of the wall if the dude calls.

John Walls Era
12-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Those who claim he is nothing but a big box score at best are looking accurate.

I somewhat believe this, but hes still a great player. The examples the author used were not great ones.

NBAfan4life
12-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Stopped reading.

Agreed

Clippersfan86
12-27-2012, 03:27 PM
If you guys look back at the Olympics this year...Coach K was not a fan of Love due to his lack of effort on defense and attitude. He started Blake Griffin and was a huge fan of Griffin despite Love being the better PF last season.

FOBolous
12-27-2012, 03:31 PM
give us harden and we might be able to talk;)

lol no.

Clippersfan86
12-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Oh also Love had a blowup during a game on the bench with Barea where they had to be separated by coaches. Love is building a problem child reputation real quick.

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Ive been wondering if Love isn't trying to to do too much. I think he needs to go back to being a lower usage, insanely efficient player for this team. His 3pt shooting can be a weapon but it can also detract from what he does best, battle for rebounds. I think the team needs him to revert to the Love that was getting 30 rebounds. Or maybe Im overrating rebounding, hard to tell.

I mean, he was awesome last year as a high usage guy. His hand injuries to start the year hurt him, but now he is hesitant, and has no confidence in his shot. He is even missing FT's. Trust me, the timing of his interview with Wojowhateverthehellyournameis was stupid, considering he was playing awful, and now that he is producing 3/16 games and being royally outplayed by the other teams star almost nightly, is not settling well with Minny fans. He needs to shut the **** up and get back to being an all NBA player if he wants to open his mouth up. We are winning despite you Kevin. Imagine if you were the same Love from the past 2 seasons? We would be holding HCA right now.

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 03:45 PM
This is a blogger, not local media.

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 03:47 PM
jesus. Do any of you really think the Wolves would even fathom trading him right now? He is locked in for 3 years. Times will get better. They will whether his little storm until his confidence gets back, and Rubio's level of play rises.

popo85
12-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Aldridge?

Everymanalion
12-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Aldridge?

Thats what I was thinking, but would a Lillard/Love duo be better than Love/Rubio?

SteveNash
12-27-2012, 05:55 PM
Minnesota's late game execution last night was awful. I remember Wolves fans claiming how great Love's back to the basket game was, but last night Wolves late game execution was awful, mainly because they have no go to guys.

chicagocubsfan
12-27-2012, 05:58 PM
Bulls.

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Minnesota's late game execution last night was awful. I remember Wolves fans claiming how great Love's back to the basket game was, but last night Wolves late game execution was awful, mainly because they have no go to guys.

Love has been in a funk all year. Its pathetic. He played very well in about 3 games so far. Last night is a perfect example of a game that would have been a blowout had Love been his normal self this year. He is struggling, and to make matters worse, decides to whine to the media (Wojo none the less) about the direction of the franchise, at the same time that he finally has legit help (the fact that we are .500 with him so bad, Rubio missing so much time, and all the other injuries is amazing), and while he is sucking ***.

Stfu Kevin, and get back to playing highly efficient basketball.

Chronz
12-27-2012, 09:06 PM
I mean, he was awesome last year as a high usage guy.
He was awesome both years personally.

His hand injuries to start the year hurt him, but now he is hesitant, and has no confidence in his shot. He is even missing FT's.
What Im wondering is, why is someone who has no confidence in his shot, heaving up so many bombs? Why not stick to something you would have more confidence in, like battling on the blocks.

Hawkeye15
12-27-2012, 09:09 PM
He was awesome both years personally.

What Im wondering is, why is someone who has no confidence in his shot, heaving up so many bombs? Why not stick to something you would have more confidence in, like battling on the blocks.

ugh, I don't know man. Its exactly what I suggested in the Wolves board. But I don't know if they like Love/Pek side by side in the lane. Honestly, until he gets his confidence back, stick to the basics, crash the glass, get to the line, and impact the game in that way. When the confidence returns, by all means, start shooting perimeter shots.