PDA

View Full Version : Line of the night: Boxing Day Edition

JasonJohnHorn
12-27-2012, 12:23 PM
The Washington Wizards saw their losing streak extended with a loss to the Cavs, which now stands as the longest current losing streak in the NBA thanks to the a Hornets win over the Magic last night that saw the Hornets put an end to their 11-game losing streak. The Warriors pulled out a win over the Jazz. The Spurs put an end to the Raptros’ 5-game winning streak in short fashion as not a single Toronto starter scored double-digits (though their bench did score 53 points). The Kings lifted DMC’s suspension, but he did not play in last nights game, which saw the Kings fall to the Trailblazers as Lillard came close to recording his first career triple-double. Jason Kidd scored a season-high 23 points to lead the Melo-less Knicks past his former team (no, no, not the Nets of the Mavs, the one that traded him because he beat his wife). J.R. Smith scored a team-high 27 points off the bench and threw in the game winner as well, while Dudley scored 36 for the Suns. Kevin McHale coached the Rockets past his former team (no, not the Celtics, the one that fired him for being an awful GM/coach). Harden scored a game-high 30 points while only two T-Wolves managed to reach double-digits. The Nets, who were without D-Will and Kris Humphries, fell to the Bucks who were led by Brandon Jennings as he scored a game-high 25 points, while Ellis lead all players last night in steals with 6! Marc Gasol was flirting with a triple-double last night, but the Grizzlies fell to the 76ers who were led by Wright’s game-high 28 points. The Pacers and Bulls game was postponed due to snow. Kobe Bryant lead all players with 40 points (and surprisingly didn’t have to take more shots than the rest of the starters combined to do it), but alas, the Lakers still fell back below .500 with a loss to the Nuggets. Miami could have mailed it in last night against the Bobcats, but Spo left LBJ in the game for almost 40 minutes as the Heat beat the Bobcats. Wade scored a game high 29 points (and kicked Sessions in the nards) while LBJ was 2 assists, short of a triple-double. Bosh pulled in a whopping 3 rebounds in 30 minutes of action, while back-up PG Norris Cole somehow managed to equal this inhuman total in only 11 minutes of playing time? And finally, the Pistons stormed back after falling behind by a large margin to force a double-overtime game against the Hawks, but ultimately fell. Will Bynum and Josh Smith both scored a game-high 31 points.

And yes, there are several players who deserved mention for last nights performance, but there were like a dozen games and SO many lines, there was not way for me to include them all. I'm sorry if I missed somebody you thought was deserving of mention.

I'm going with LBJ tonight.... great all-around numbers, 27 points 12 rebounds an 8 assists, but it is the defensive stats that put him over the edge for me (though Ellis had some nice defensive stats as well).

NYKnickFanatic
12-27-2012, 12:34 PM
No love for the old man, Kidd? 23pts, 8asts 6rebs.

But anyway, Im going with my man JR on this one.

27 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals, 1 block

Impressive night. Hit the game tying shot, then hit the game winner.

ManRam
12-27-2012, 12:35 PM
I was hoping it would be a slow night so I could vote for Jameer...

But nope. Slight edge to LeBron.

JasonJohnHorn
12-27-2012, 12:39 PM

I did mention him in the summary of the night's games ;-)

Swashcuff
12-27-2012, 06:10 PM
LeBron again. JJH are you keeping count of the nightly winners?

TheMoneyTeam
12-27-2012, 06:17 PM

Hard to argue with this performance, although Bryant was special as well.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-27-2012, 08:52 PM
LEBRON. JAMES.

2nd NIGHT IN A ROW. :)

JasonJohnHorn
12-27-2012, 09:00 PM
LeBron again. JJH are you keeping count of the nightly winners?

I am :-)

Arch Stanton
12-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Kyrie although having 26 points, 8 assists, and 6 rebounds was inefficient shooting 8 for 23. He also missed several free throws down the stretch. Thought Tristan Thompson outplayed him with 15 points, and 12 rebounds (5 for 9 shooting).

RonE Coleman
12-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Goin with the Homer pick, Jrs line with a game tying shot and game winner as well... Gotta get the brownie points

JeffG20
12-27-2012, 09:58 PM
i was hoping robin lopez's 29 point game would get love over vasquez who had a pretty good game himself

SouthSideRookie
12-27-2012, 10:28 PM
James Harden. 30 with 17 of them in the 4th.

Houston was down late and with 40 seconds to go Harden gave the Rockets a 1 point lead, extended it to a 3 point lead with 11 seconds. On the road versus a good Minnesota team.

Superstar in the making.