PDA

View Full Version : D-Will not seeing eye to eye with another coach, hmmm...

Forever35
12-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Deja Vu...

Whatever team Deron Williams is on maybe they should think about hiring Bruce Weber...

Gery Woelfel: I'm hearing Avery Johnson and Deron Williams aren't seeing eye to eye. I'll bet Jerry Sloan will be shocked to hear that. Twitter @GeryWoelfel

Is anybody else surprised...??? :rolleyes:

SlimKid
12-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Sloan is probably laughing.

RLundi
12-27-2012, 11:53 AM
You don't know what you got till its gone.

System player, my ***.

kenzo400
12-27-2012, 12:20 PM
You don't know what you got till its gone.

System player, my ***.

If anything, his struggles so far this season seem to indicate that he is a system player. A particular system lol The problem is he is getting paid and treated like a superstar and leader of a team. He's supposed to be creating the system, not whining about why he is struggling.

torocan
12-27-2012, 12:23 PM
INB4 this degenerates into a Nets bashing thread!

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised. Going to be a rough ride for Deron in the big apple if he doesn't make the play offs with THIS roster this year...

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Deja Vu...

Whatever team Deron Williams is on maybe they should think about hiring Bruce Weber...

Gery Woelfel: I'm hearing Avery Johnson and Deron Williams aren't seeing eye to eye. I'll bet Jerry Sloan will be shocked to hear that. Twitter @GeryWoelfel

Is anybody else surprised...??? :rolleyes:

Cancer alertttttt!

JasonJohnHorn
12-27-2012, 12:43 PM
The Nets have perhaps the best starting five in the league, and have a quality bench. Like the Lakers, a .500 record is unacceptable. I do like Avery as a coach, and he seems like a nice guy. He proved he could coach in Dallas, but he also proved that he could be out-coached in Dallas. With this roster, i expect at least 70% winning percentage. I'm not sure Avery is the right coach for this squad, but it may also be a matter of D-Will just not being the same player he was in Utah. Regardless of how good your team is, the guy who is handling the ball can make or break a team, even if he is the fifth best player in the starting line-up. D-Will though is supposed to be the best player on this team though. He should be shooting better than he is.

Not sure who to blame for the Nets record. Avery or D-will. But something has to change.

Quietmoney
12-27-2012, 12:48 PM
I'll give him somewhat of a pass due to playing injured but I always said he was overrated. I remember I made a thread telling everyone that and you guys bashed me. I said that he hadnt done anything since his last days in Utah. Dude has been injured for 2 1/2 seasons now and better get it right because now he's in New York where the lights are always on.

netsgiantsyanks
12-27-2012, 12:50 PM
you can blame it on both of them. d-will is *****ing and moaning instead of evaluating himself and avery is allowing him to do it.

SLY WILLIAMS
12-27-2012, 12:53 PM
If Jerry Sloan was good enough for John Stockton he should have been good enough for Deron Williams. Deron needs to stop pointing fingers at other people and look inside himself. He takes more 3 pointers as a Net than as a Jazz. His shooting percentage has fallen in part because of that. Just go do what is best for the team. The rest will fall in place.

netsgiantsyanks
12-27-2012, 12:56 PM
If Jerry Sloan was good enough for John Stockton he should have been good enough for Deron Williams. Deron needs to stop pointing fingers at other people and look inside himself. He takes more 3 pointers as a Net than as a Jazz. His shooting percentage has fallen in part because of that. He also has to stop worrying about his own statistics and reputation. Just go do what is best for the team. The rest will fall in place.

yup. he blames everybody but himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFldSKSCTkk

that's what he sounds like.

BKLYNpigeon
12-27-2012, 01:03 PM
you guys read one report and completely overreact.

im sure alot of players feel this way about their coaches. last year it was Del Negro and the Clippers, this year is was Brown and the Lakers...etc. it happens all the time... pointless thread.

Oldmantrash
12-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Can't defend the guy anymore.

He's no superstar.

I'm still hoping it's injuries, and he turns it around, but I have my doubts now.

If Avery gets fired, and he all of a sudden breaks out, then will tell you something about him.

Greedy22
12-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Shocker, I have never cared for DWill or thought much of his game. He's way overrated and all I hear are excuses coming from his mouth, also I highly doubt he's been "injured" for 2 plus years now.

rpgmaster86
12-27-2012, 01:11 PM
The Nets have perhaps the best starting five in the league, and have a quality bench. Like the Lakers, a .500 record is unacceptable. I do like Avery as a coach, and he seems like a nice guy. He proved he could coach in Dallas, but he also proved that he could be out-coached in Dallas. With this roster, i expect at least 70% winning percentage. I'm not sure Avery is the right coach for this squad, but it may also be a matter of D-Will just not being the same player he was in Utah. Regardless of how good your team is, the guy who is handling the ball can make or break a team, even if he is the fifth best player in the starting line-up. D-Will though is supposed to be the best player on this team though. He should be shooting better than he is.

Not sure who to blame for the Nets record. Avery or D-will. But something has to change.

Really?? I would have to strongly disagree on this

KniCks4LiFe
12-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Deron's just as much of a coach killer as Jason Kidd was when he first started remember he too in PHX got himself traded. But honestly Avery Johnson sucks. I can't believe anyone would defend this coach anymore.

WAYNEBO
12-27-2012, 03:26 PM
I can even remember when the 3 big "Js" in Dallas also imploded. Anyone remember the feuding between Jason Kidd, Jamal Mashburn and Jimmy Jackson??

Bornknick73
12-27-2012, 05:38 PM

OMG I fell of my chair laughing at this one.

Deron= decent
Joe=garbage
Crash=role player
Hump=garbage
Lopez=Injury prone garbage

Next to Williams only Evans has shown he can impose his will on a game. Comparing them to the Lakers? :facepalm:

And they say we over-rate our team?

First they were gonna compete for the 2-3 seed, then they were the best team in NYC, now theyre perhaps the best starting 5 in the league on par with the Lakers....

Give me the number of the cat you buy your stuff from. Its gotta be the best bud out there.

GiantsSwaGG
12-27-2012, 05:40 PM
What else is new. He's a cancer

GiantsSwaGG
12-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Deron's just as much of a coach killer as Jason Kidd was when he first started remember he too in PHX got himself traded. But honestly Avery Johnson sucks. I can't believe anyone would defend this coach anymore.

Same coach that brought the mavs to the finals? I know he isn't good but lets not put all the blame on him. Should we blame Doc Rivers or the Celtics slow start?

netsgiantsyanks
12-27-2012, 05:42 PM
lopez is garbage? lmao. that one made me laugh.

gatkins11
12-27-2012, 05:56 PM
I can even remember when the 3 big "Js" in Dallas also imploded. Anyone remember the feuding between Jason Kidd, Jamal Mashburn and Jimmy Jackson??

Laughing at your sig quotes :laugh2:.