PDA

View Full Version : Report: Trailblazers open to trading LaMarcus Aldridge

Fresno
12-27-2012, 11:09 AM
During the Blazersí recent homestand, a respected and veteran beat reporter approached me and told me that an assistant coach for the team he covered said the Blazers are shopping LaMarcus Aldridge.
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2012/12/blazers_insider_general_manager_neil_olshey_eyes_t .html

Olshey said he has made zero calls to other teams about Aldridge. He did say he has fielded one inquiry from another team, but it was more exploratory in nature, that team feeling the Blazers out. And he said he has no plans to make any future calls about Aldridge as February approaches.

Have to look through the smokescreen, this is the same GM who lied and told Eric Gordon that he & Blake Griffin were the core of the Clippers only to trade Gordon in the middle of the night to the Hornets.

So what would be the best fit for Aldridge? Best deal for Portland?

Hellcrooner
12-27-2012, 11:11 AM
jefferson for aldrige.

Ideal.

Hickson gets to play his more natural Pf position and they get a legit center.

strahan92osi72
12-27-2012, 11:13 AM
jefferson for aldrige.

Ideal.

Hickson gets to play his more natural Pf position and they get a legit center.

Ideal for Portland, not Utah. Utah has too many PF's to begin with, plus they want to trade Milsap to play Favors. As good as Aldrige is, I don't see Utah as a fit. They're trying to trade away low post players, not gain some.

2-ONE-5
12-27-2012, 11:15 AM
he would perfect here in Philly next to Bynum (if he can get on the court).

Thad, Hawes, and one of our wings (Richardson, Young, Wright) preferably Richardson.

Htownballa1622
12-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Houston!

Sportfan
12-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Celtics would be down!

Houston could be a great fit. Would it require Parsons though?

Hellcrooner
12-27-2012, 11:22 AM
lakers will probably make a call bout Pau, but doesnt make much sense for Blazers.

nickdymez
12-27-2012, 11:28 AM
lakers will probably make a call bout Pau, but doesnt make much sense for Blazers.

third team could make it happen

scaramantula
12-27-2012, 11:31 AM
so andrea bargnani? haha

Hellcrooner
12-27-2012, 11:33 AM
obviously bargs, boozer, and stou have already been offered :D

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-27-2012, 11:34 AM
if LA's defense wasnt suspect and if he were a much better rebounder than bosh, id want him..

however, bosh's mid range is arguably the best among big men in the league, so cant complain too much i guess.

Chronz
12-27-2012, 11:35 AM
:facepalm: = People who actually thought he was better than Blake

Hellcrooner
12-27-2012, 11:39 AM
if LA's defense wasnt suspect and if he were a much better rebounder than bosh, id want him..

however, bosh's mid range is arguably the best among big men in the league, so cant complain too much i guess.

:confused: Bosh>>>>>>>>Aldrige.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-27-2012, 11:43 AM
:confused: Bosh>>>>>>>>Aldrige.

i know man, but bosh's defense and lack of rebounding has been annoying lately.

Hellcrooner
12-27-2012, 11:49 AM
i know man, but bosh's defense and lack of rebounding are annoying.
and what pf does deffend nowdays? Aldrige ? Griffin? Love? Pau? stoudamire? bargnani?ranodlph? :confused:

Jint.
12-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Portland would be crazy to trade L.A.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-27-2012, 12:01 PM
and what pf does deffend nowdays? Aldrige ? Griffin? Love? Pau? stoudamire? bargnani?ranodlph? :confused:

yes i understand im being greedy >.>

RLundi
12-27-2012, 12:04 PM
:facepalm: = People who actually thought he was better than Blake

Lol it's not like its a huge gap or anything.

GunFactor187
12-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Varejao for LMA?

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-27-2012, 12:28 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2012/12/blazers_insider_general_manager_neil_olshey_eyes_t .html

Have to look through the smokescreen, this is the same GM who lied and told Eric Gordon that he & Blake Griffin were the core of the Clippers only to trade Gordon in the middle of the night to the Hornets.

So what would be the best fit for Aldridge? Best deal for Portland?

Get it done Mitch! :pray:

thephoenixson28
12-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Phx should be all over this

Nighthawk
12-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Celtics could use a big.

However we DESPERATELY need rebounding help and LA isnt known as a banger. Still, Aldridge can score down on the block and thats something Boston Lacks.

C.Lee, Bass, Melo, Joesph, Pick

for

Aldridge, Babbit

Rondo
Bradley
Pierce
Aldridge
Garnett

colinskik
12-27-2012, 12:55 PM
If they do end up trading him they won't get equal value. Dumb idea.

Fresno
12-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Portland would be crazy to trade L.A.
Because Portland is 1/2 way doing things.

They're 1/2 way rebuilding by trading away Wallace, Camby, Miller, & letting Roy & Oden go.

They're 1/2 way trying to compete (compete for a 8th seed) by keeping Aldridge.

They're bad with him and it makes more sense to turn the franchise over to Lillard & Batum while tanking to possibly find 2 more studs to put next to them.

You've got a solid young core with Batum (24), Lillard (22), Hickson (24), Barton (21) & Leonard (20)

Just tank and keep pushing for the future.

Ty_Lawson
12-27-2012, 12:59 PM
trade him to Denver for Faried,KK,Chandler :D

DanG
12-27-2012, 01:04 PM
They are not trading him.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/12/27/3807744/lamarcus-aldridge-trade-rumors-blazers

TheMoneyTeam
12-27-2012, 01:04 PM

It's been like that his whole career.

TheMoneyTeam
12-27-2012, 01:06 PM
If Kupchak gets on the horn Portland better dare not answer it or they'll get bent over.

FOBolous
12-27-2012, 01:16 PM
if Portland really would be willing to trade LMA, they will want young talents + picks for LMA since they're rebuilding...they won't want old crappy players like Boozer (sorry Chicago fans), Stoudemire (sorry NYC fans), Gasol (sorry LA fans), or Bargnani (sorry Toronto fans).

Houston, however, is possible. a package surrounding Chanlder Parsons for LMA?

Asik, LMA, Harden, and Lin :drool:

TheMoneyTeam
12-27-2012, 01:20 PM
if Portland really would be willing to trade LMA, they will want young talents + picks for LMA since they're rebuilding...they won't want old crappy players like Boozer (sorry Chicago fans), Stoudemire (sorry NYC fans), Gasol (sorry LA fans), or Bargnani (sorry Toronto fans).

A three team deal works (sorry fobolous).

FOBolous
12-27-2012, 01:25 PM
A three team deal works (sorry fobolous).

with who? which contender can Boozer, Stoudemire, and Barganani be the "missing piece" on? i'm sorry but those players...with their horrendous contracts and horrible play...are pretty much worthless. and they will continue to be worthless until they become expiring contracts. Gasol maybe. but not the other 3.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
Pau>LMA

But I would take LMA, he is a better fit for Mike D

lakerboy
LMA is a straight up stud.

Teams with young up and coming PGs should go after him. I'm thinking Wizards and Cavs. Wizards should offer Bradley Beal + picks for him, and Cavs should offer Tristan Thompson + picks

kozelkid
12-27-2012, 01:35 PM

Lulz. You do realize Bulls also have young talent like Cha #1 pick and one of the top Euro prospects in Nikola Mirotic. And obviously their own share of young players role players with potential.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-27-2012, 01:38 PM
I'd kill to have Aldridge on the Spurs. Not much to offer other than Jacksons huge expiring, picks, and anyone not named Splitter, Duncan, Parker, Leonard, Manu.

Pg- Parker
SG- Manu
SF- Leonard
PF- Aldridge
C- Duncan....... :drool:

FOBolous
12-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Lulz. You do realize Bulls also have young talent like Cha #1 pick and one of the top Euro prospects in Nikola Mirotic. And obviously their own share of young players role players with potential.

so what are they going to do with Boozer when they get LMA? Sit $14 million/year on the bench? how would $14 million/year feel about being benched?

dhopisthename
12-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Ideal for Portland, not Utah. Utah has too many PF's to begin with, plus they want to trade Milsap to play Favors. As good as Aldrige is, I don't see Utah as a fit. They're trying to trade away low post players, not gain some.

jazz would do jefferson for aldridge in a heartbeat. figure out the rest later. heck they would throw in burks

Super.
12-27-2012, 01:43 PM

KG has been playing more PF as of late, but I totally argee with you. Defense from the PF position is rare these days

GiantsSwaGG
12-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Amare for him

Hellcrooner
12-27-2012, 02:00 PM
with who? which contender can Boozer, Stoudemire, and Barganani be the "missing piece" on? i'm sorry but those players...with their horrendous contracts and horrible play...are pretty much worthless. and they will continue to be worthless until they become expiring contracts. Gasol maybe. but not the other 3.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cteammm

+ bobcats pick and MIrotic draft rights go to Blazers ( one of th etop prospects form europe, could be something half the way between bargs and dirk).

this could get it done.

king4day
12-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Am I missing something? I thought LMA was an elite PF. Is he having a bad year?

Maybe a deal surrounding Cousins?

FOBolous
12-27-2012, 02:06 PM

+ bobcats pick and MIrotic draft rights go to Blazers ( one of th etop prospects form europe, could be something half the way between bargs and dirk).

this could get it done.

i don't care what else you give to Portland, but a rebuilding team like Portland will NOT want a player like Boozer tying up their cap space. that's counter productive.

however...Cousins for Aldridge straight up is definitely possible. however, Cousins might remind Portland too much of their "Jailblazers" past so don't know how open they will be to Cousins.

c smooth1810
12-27-2012, 02:15 PM

this could get it done.

Why would the bulls trade Rip/Boozer/Bobcats pick and Mirotic for Pau?

Hellcrooner
12-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Why would the bulls trade Rip/Boozer/Bobcats pick and Mirotic for Pau?

to win NOW(or next year when rose is 100%) and get rid of bozzers third year.

THE GIPPER
12-27-2012, 02:22 PM
I'd kill to have Aldridge on the Spurs. Not much to offer other than Jacksons huge expiring, picks, and anyone not named Splitter, Duncan, Parker, Leonard, Manu.

Pg- Parker
SG- Manu
SF- Leonard
PF- Aldridge

Agree I think SA is the best fit if he is moved.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Celtics could use a big.

However we DESPERATELY need rebounding help and LA isnt known as a banger. Still, Aldridge can score down on the block and thats something Boston Lacks.

C.Lee, Bass, Melo, Joesph, Pick

for

Aldridge, Babbit

Rondo
Bradley
Pierce
Aldridge
Garnett

If Danny could pull that of, I'm not sure how long my mouth would be stuck on him for.

Pg- Parker
SG- Manu
SF- Leonard
PF- Aldridge

Doesn't look like you'd "kill" for him because you wouldn't even offer Leonard. Trailblazers would want at least Leonard and Splitter.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-27-2012, 02:33 PM
3 way:

Pau to Minnesota
Derrick Williams, Pekovic, Future Wolves 1st rd pick, Future Lakers 2nd round pick to Portand
LA to LA :up:

SirSkyHook
12-27-2012, 02:34 PM
I have the feeling Lakers will offer Pau. I pray they dont

John Walls Era
12-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Morey should be getting on the phone for this...

John Walls Era
12-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Will Portland want to trade with LA. Aren't they "rivals".

b@llhog24
12-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Looks like we're going to blow it up although it's kind of weird that they would say this after he just had a big game. I guess it's better than being in "NBA Hell" in any event. LMA is a standup guy so if we're going to trade him I hope it's to Houston.

John Walls Era
12-27-2012, 02:41 PM
LMA would probably like Houston, hes from that area?

noodle
12-27-2012, 02:41 PM
trade him to Denver for Faried,KK,Chandler :D

...and you're a nuggets fan???

This is a horrible trade...for you!

And secondly, LMA is better than Pau and slightly better than Bosh these days.

Miami doesn't need him, but the Lakers, they should jump all over this.

RonE Coleman
12-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Hes from Dallas, so maybe Houston calls up Portland?

b@llhog24
12-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Hes from Dallas, so maybe Houston calls up Portland?

They'd better; a lineup of:

Lin
Harden
Parsons/Morris
LMA
Asik

is just :drool:

Clippersfan86
12-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Best PF in the NBA being shopped! What say you PSD?

Htownballa1622
12-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Houston!

:nod:

sounds good.

b@llhog24
12-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Best PF in the NBA being shopped! What say you PSD?

Wasn't aware Love was being shopped. :confused:

CaptainClutch
12-27-2012, 03:08 PM
uhm...Brooklyn GET ON THAT

RonE Coleman
12-27-2012, 03:10 PM

Lin
Harden
Parsons/Morris
LMA
Asik

Very true, Asik is the perfect kind of big man to put next to LMA. Only issue would be both Harden and LMA really need the ball to be effective.

chitown4eva88
I am still mad the Bulls traded him away for tyrus thomas!!

RonE Coleman
uhm...Brooklyn GET ON THAT

Lol what on Earth would they offer than Portland would actually want?

chicagocubsfan
12-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Who would the Rockets give up to get LMA? I'm thinking the Trailblazers would at least want Parsons or Morris.

RonE Coleman
12-27-2012, 03:14 PM
I am still mad the Bulls traded him away for tyrus thomas!!

no no no, you can't even be mad... that pick was originally my Knicks pick who traded it away in a deal for Eddy Curry.

Nothing is worse than that :mad:

SINCESTARBURY25
12-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Amare and Smith for Lillard and Aldridge would make me cry

kozelkid
12-27-2012, 03:27 PM
so what are they going to do with Boozer when they get LMA? Sit $14 million/year on the bench? how would $14 million/year feel about being benched?

As much of a disappointment Boozer has been, he has not once been reported as any sort of issue in the locker room. And he has been benched PLENTY of times in key situations for because of his defense. And if he can't handle it, then he is amnestied, which I have a feeling will happen before the end of the season anyway.

FOBolous
12-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Who would the Rockets give up to get LMA? I'm thinking the Trailblazers would at least want Parsons or Morris.

they can take both Parsons and Morris if we get Aldridge :D

bucketss
12-27-2012, 03:29 PM
derozan+bargnani for aldridge+pick:pray:

kozelkid
12-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Very true, Asik is the perfect kind of big man to put next to LMA. Only issue would be both Harden and LMA really need the ball to be effective.

Why is that an issue? You need more than one player who can create his own shot. Hell, most great duos consisted of ball dominant players.

Lin
Harden
Parsons/Morris
LMA
Asik

Indeed.

derozan+bargnani for aldridge+pick:pray:

Yikes. I don't think anyone wants to touch either of those contracts.

nolin
12-27-2012, 03:30 PM

ummmm boozer is a great defender

FOBolous
12-27-2012, 03:31 PM

nah he'll be alright. Aldridge is the perfect pick and roll/pop partner for Lin and Harden

NYYCowboys
12-27-2012, 03:31 PM
The Rockets would be a great fit. A few young assets for him, and then they would have a core of Harden, LMA, and Lin. Not bad at all.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=brkylc7

valade16
12-27-2012, 03:33 PM
jazz would do jefferson for aldridge in a heartbeat. figure out the rest later. heck they would throw in burks

Why on earth would the Blazers do that? Jefferson is essentially a worse version of Aldridge; middle-aged big man on big contract.

i don't care what else you give to Portland, but a rebuilding team like Portland will NOT want a player like Boozer tying up their cap space. that's counter productive.

however...Cousins for Aldridge straight up is definitely possible. however, Cousins might remind Portland too much of their "Jailblazers" past so don't know how open they will be to Cousins.

Exactly. The only reason the Blazers would trade Aldridge is to free up cap space, so taking big contracts that aren't expiring back won't happen.

It's funny, everybody is basically offering trash up for LMA. No way the Blazers trade him if these are the kinds of offers on the table.

RLundi
12-27-2012, 03:35 PM
3 way:

Pau to Minnesota
Derrick Williams, Pekovic, Future Wolves 1st rd pick, Future Lakers 2nd round pick to Portand
LA to LA :up:

No.

draino
12-27-2012, 03:36 PM
The Rockets would be a great fit. A few young assets for him, and then they would have a core of Harden, LMA, and Lin. Not bad at all.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=brkylc7

portland gets raped in that deal

nolin
12-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Lol what on Earth would they offer than Portland would actually want?

how about gerald wallace travis outlaw and marshon brooks? i think blazers would love that deal

Hellcrooner
12-27-2012, 03:38 PM
how about gerald wallace travis outlaw and marshon brooks? i think blazers would love that deal

really? id swear they dumped two out of those three players cause they didnt want them...:rolleyes:

IgglesFanInCO
12-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Nuggets could be a good option with something centered around Faried and Mozzie/Koufos, they need a low post offensive option badly and portland would get more young building blocks

draino
12-27-2012, 03:44 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cc2hbtg

plus jazz throw in the GS 1st rounder this year that they own

MANIMAL!!!

masTOR_shake1
12-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Report: The nba is rigged and none of this matters.

popo85
12-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Cousins and Salmons(cap filler)?

RonE Coleman
12-27-2012, 03:59 PM

Just trolling right? ;)

WAYNEBO
12-27-2012, 04:13 PM
they can take both Parsons and Morris if we get Aldridge :D

Rockets have some youngs guns to make that happen. Blazers FO would probably drool over a Parsons/Patterson+picks trade for Aldridge. They do like to collect Forwards.

THE GIPPER
12-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Nuggets could be a good option with something centered around Faried and Mozzie/Koufos, they need a low post offensive option badly and portland would get more young building blocks

What is with all these Nuggets fans wanting to trade Faried? We finally have a guy with heart who battles for every board and now you want to trade him away?

Anyone but Faried.

JordansBulls
12-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Boozer for Aldridge

Wes_Craven
12-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Report: The nba is rigged and none of this matters.

Bingo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5A0-u85aAYg#t=203s

Mckphins
12-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Celtics would be down!

Houston could be a great fit. Would it require Parsons though?

God ya. Imagine abridge with that team. But they'd prob have to give up too much

Bornknick73
12-27-2012, 05:23 PM

Lately? His defense and rebounding have been subpar his whole career.

b@llhog24
12-27-2012, 05:29 PM

Yea Asik is what really makes that paring enticing imo. And Harden played off of Durant and Westbrook, I doubt he'd have a problem playing with LMA.

ummmm boozer is a great defender

:facepalm:

Boozer for Aldridge

I know sometimes logic is a foreign concept for you JB, but tell me why would the Blazers make that trade?

raptor fan
12-27-2012, 07:12 PM
If a deal does happen, it'll probably involve multiple teams.

Portland needs a legit starting 5, Utah needs a PG, Toronto needs talent period. Maybe a deal could happen between these teams:

Portland trades: Lamarcus Aldridge
Portland acquires: Al Jefferson and Ed Davis

Utah trades: Al Jefferson and Alec Burks
Utah acquires: Kyle Lowry and Landry Fields

Toronto trades: Kyle Lowry, Ed Davis and Landry Fields
Toronto acquires: Lamarcus Aldridge and Alec Burks

Then the raptors could move Bargnani to a team like Denver in a deal for Wilson Chandler and Anthony Randolph

PG: Calderon/Burks/Lucas
SG: Derozan/Ross/Anderson
SF: Chandler/Pietrus/Kleiza
PF: Aldridge/Randolph/Acy
C: Valanciunas/A.Johnson/Gray

Raps18-19 Champ
12-27-2012, 07:16 PM
He'll go to the Wolves for Pekovic and Williams. Or 3 way where he goes to Lakers.

--23--
12-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Bulls Please!!! :pray:

THE GIPPER
12-27-2012, 07:20 PM
If a deal does happen, it'll probably involve multiple teams.

Portland needs a legit starting 5, Utah needs a PG, Toronto needs talent period. Maybe a deal could happen between these teams:

Portland trades: Lamarcus Aldridge
Portland acquires: Al Jefferson and Ed Davis

Utah trades: Al Jefferson and Alec Burks
Utah acquires: Kyle Lowry and Landry Fields

Toronto trades: Kyle Lowry, Ed Davis and Landry Fields
Toronto acquires: Lamarcus Aldridge and Alec Burks

Then the raptors could move Bargnani to a team like Denver in a deal for Wilson Chandler and Anthony Randolph

PG: Calderon/Burks/Lucas
SG: Derozan/Ross/Anderson
SF: Chandler/Pietrus/Kleiza
PF: Aldridge/Randolph/Acy
C: Valanciunas/A.Johnson/Gray

The Raptors couldnt get Brittney Griner for Andrea Bargnani let alone Wilson Chandler AND Anthony Randolph.

jchase3
12-27-2012, 07:34 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ce2wb6m

LAL gets: Josh Smith, Wesley Matthews, Devin Harris

POR gets: Pau Gasol, Anthony Morrow, Antawn Jamison

ATL gets: Lamarcus Aldridge, JJ Hickson, Chris Duhon

RonE Coleman
12-27-2012, 07:37 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ce2wb6m

LAL gets: Josh Smith, Wesley Matthews, Devin Harris

POR gets: Pau Gasol, Anthony Morrow, Antawn Jamison

ATL gets: Lamarcus Aldridge, JJ Hickson, Chris Duhon

Lmao so Portland gives up LMA and Hickson and gets Gasoft and Jamison.

jchase3
12-27-2012, 07:38 PM
That would give the Lakers...

Nash/Harris
Kobe/Meeks
Metta/Matthews
Smith/Hill
Dwight

c.c.
12-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Send him to H-Town, I know he wanna be here. He's a Texas native!

c.c.
12-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Why all these Lakers fans think they crappy players have value. Foolishness I tell ya

BSardogan
12-27-2012, 08:32 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=blzu8cv

Portland will probably receive a ton of better offers than this, but hey a man can dream right? Maybe they bite for the potential of the rookies.... :pray:

b@llhog24
12-27-2012, 08:34 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=blzu8cv

Portland will probably receive a ton of better offers than this, but hey a man can dream right? Maybe they bite for the potential of the rookies.... :pray:

:punish:

Verbal Christ
12-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Houston does have everything a tier 1 player would want. cap room, young promising players, location. it makes sense.

question is would his game mesh well with Lin, and Harden who love to run? i cant say i study LA's game, but he when the rockets match up with the blazers i remember him killing us on the block, all night posting up with great inside moves and a silky touch out to what 18 feet?

his heart condition makes me kind of cautious, and his defensive ability isnt routinely named among the upper echelon, but omer asik will cover up some of those deficiencies. im intrigued to say the least about Houston mixing it up, and if IIRC we've done business with them before.

WhiteSoxGod
12-27-2012, 08:40 PM
:punish:

You should be punished for saying Tyreke Evans is better than James Harden. :pity:

Verbal Christ
12-27-2012, 08:42 PM
homeboy's sig is hilarious, harden is what #4 in scoring? tyreke? LOL jesus christ these boards are going to hell in a handbasket.

Chronz
12-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Houston does have everything a tier 1 player would want. cap room, young promising players, location. it makes sense.

question is would his game mesh well with Lin, and Harden who love to run? i cant say i study LA's game, but he when the rockets match up with the blazers i remember him killing us on the block, all night posting up with great inside moves and a silky touch out to what 18 feet?

his heart condition makes me kind of cautious, and his defensive ability isnt routinely named among the upper echelon, but omer asik will cover up some of those deficiencies. im intrigued to say the least about Houston mixing it up, and if IIRC we've done business with them before.
Hes played off of Brandon Roy at an All-Star level. He can play off Harden in similar fashion. Plus having a guy you can give the ball to on the blocks can only take pressure off you.

2-ONE-5
12-27-2012, 08:49 PM
you Lakers fans are hilarious with your trade ideas.

DragonJaii
12-27-2012, 08:52 PM
oh man, i would love him on the bulls

Pakman
12-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Why all these Lakers fans think they crappy players have value. Foolishness I tell yahave you seen the trades kupchack has pulled off? Shame on you for thinking its not possible.

Jets012
12-27-2012, 08:56 PM
I want a Blazers fan take on this. Do you think Portland would be interested in something like this:

Blazers Get:
Andray Blatche
Marshon Brooks
Kris Humphries

Nets Get:
LMA
Nolan Smith

Gives you guys a young and talented Shooting Guard and young and talented PF/C in Blatche

But I doubt LMA gets traded

dhopisthename
12-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Why on earth would the Blazers do that? Jefferson is essentially a worse version of Aldridge; middle-aged big man on big contract.

well 1 he is expiring so it would make sense there, but 2 someone had sad that the jazz wouldn't do which they would

JoeDirt05
12-27-2012, 09:11 PM
I want a Blazers fan take on this. Do you think Portland would be interested in something like this:

Blazers Get:
Andray Blatche
Marshon Brooks
Kris Humphries

Nets Get:
LMA
Nolan Smith

Gives you guys a young and talented Shooting Guard and young and talented PF/C in Blatche

No

b@llhog24
12-27-2012, 09:14 PM
You should be punished for saying Tyreke Evans is better than James Harden. :pity:

Where did I say that? :confused:

homeboy's sig is hilarious, harden is what #4 in scoring? tyreke? LOL jesus christ these boards are going to hell in a handbasket.

Does reading hurt you guys?

Blazers Get:
Andray Blatche
Marshon Brooks
Kris Humphries

Nets Get:
LMA
Nolan Smith

I wouldn't.

Verbal Christ
12-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Hes played off of Brandon Roy at an All-Star level. He can play off Harden in similar fashion. Plus having a guy you can give the ball to on the blocks can only take pressure off you.

agreed. its nice to dump it down low, play inside/outside for a change, instead of the 50 pick and rolls a night. i think that would open up both Lin and Hardens games as well with more open outside shots. Portland will probably want a kings ransom which i would give, but there is some turmoil in minnesota with kevin love that i'd explore for a similar player at a morey-esque type value if things continue to stale there, but if the trade is on the table with portaland i'd say pull the trigger regardless of what you give up minus the obvious core pieces that need to remain.

TheNumber37
12-27-2012, 09:34 PM
perfect next To Duncan. but they will only trade for someone that makes them better right away...
not happening. I think they need to play faster.
Nets are in disarray... how bout hump, brooks and a 1st

ThunderousDemon
12-27-2012, 09:39 PM
With Mitch, the impossible seems possible.

c.c.
12-27-2012, 09:52 PM
have you seen the trades kupchack has pulled off? Shame on you for thinking its not possible.

The NBA caught to the Lakers now, they not going to let them get anymore "bully trades".

popo85
12-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Why all these Lakers fans think they crappy players have value. Foolishness I tell ya

And send him to Houston for what in return

WhiteSoxGod
12-27-2012, 10:15 PM

I wouldn't.

LOL It is a statement you apparently agree with according to your sig. It says Tyreke is a more complete aka "better" player than Harden.

knicks=love
12-27-2012, 10:21 PM

Pg- Parker
SG- Manu
SF- Leonard
PF- Aldridge

well then i guess you aren't getting LMA

knicks=love
12-27-2012, 10:22 PM
i would LOVE to see him in NY, but ideally, i think he'll end up in houston. that would be fun to watch and houston could turn into a silent and deadly team for years.

knicks=love
12-27-2012, 10:24 PM
well 1 he is expiring so it would make sense there, but 2 someone had sad that the jazz wouldn't do which they would

why on earth would they bring in another big man when they're trying to deal one of al jeff/milsap so that favors and kanter can get more minutes and prove themselves? it just puts them in the same situation they're already in.

thrice4
12-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Monta Ellis, Ersan Ilyasova, Tobias Harris, and a top 5 protected for LaMarcus Aldridge and Wesley Matthews.

sep11ie
12-27-2012, 10:46 PM
I stopped looking at tbe posts after all the Lakers posts and daily Boozer for... from JB, but has there been a "Riley will get it done" post yet?

RyanStorm
12-27-2012, 10:47 PM
I wonder if Utah can get him or Lillard. I would really like to get one of these two!

We have plenty to offer. I would like to see them come to Utah, especially Lillard

thrice4
12-27-2012, 10:50 PM
I don't see any reason at all to trade Lillard.

Aust
12-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Pau for LA in a 3 team trade lol!

A guy can dream :D

c.c.
12-27-2012, 11:36 PM
And send him to Houston for what in return

For young prospects, picks, and to do business with a team that can take a bad contract also because we have cap room. All y'all got to offer is Pau who is on his way to "Decline Ave" and will play awful when he get traded because he's gonna be so hurt because he got traded (example L. Odom). The Lakers not trading Kobe, Nash, nor D12. The rest of the players are role players with no value. Plus the Lakers have no cap so my question to you now is, "send him to LA for what in return".

JoeDirt05
12-27-2012, 11:55 PM
I wonder if Utah can get him or Lillard. I would really like to get one of these two!

We have plenty to offer. I would like to see them come to Utah, especially Lillard

are you serious right now? your at 91 posts you should just stay there with a statement like this :facepalm:

h2r09
12-27-2012, 11:57 PM
I agree with this decision. There is something about Aldridge that is just missing. He isnt a number 1 option.

They need to rebuild anyway. Give him away, get some younger pieces and hand the keys to Lillard, Batum, and what they get back for Aldridge.

LakersMaster24
12-28-2012, 12:02 AM
Aldridge to the Lakers :drool:

h2r09
12-28-2012, 12:02 AM
I think Denver is a team that needs to look into getting him.

They have so many damn pieces but no number 1 option. Some combination of Gallinari, Lawson, Iguodala, and Mcgee.

Faried would be off limits to me.

Imagine trading Iguodala and Mcgee for Aldridge.

Lawson
Brewer
Chandler
Faried
Aldridge

Undersized up front but Faried's rebounding makes up for it.

JoeDirt05
12-28-2012, 12:05 AM
I think Denver is a team that needs to look into getting him.

They have so many damn pieces but no number 1 option. Some combination of Gallinari, Lawson, Iguodala, and Mcgee.

Faried would be off limits to me.

Imagine trading Iguodala and Mcgee for Aldridge.

Lawson
Brewer
Chandler
Faried
Aldridge

Undersized up front but Faried's rebounding makes up for it.

ewww get those contracts away from us for Denver it would start with Faried go forward from there

Fresno
12-28-2012, 12:05 AM
I agree with this decision. There is something about Aldridge that is just missing. He isnt a number 1 option.

They need to rebuild anyway. Give him away, get some younger pieces and hand the keys to Lillard, Batum, and what they get back for Aldridge.

I agree there has always been something missing with Aldridge.

Hes not a franchise player. Just good.

Even when B-Roy was healthy you would have Aldridge just no show in the Playoffs espescially in that series against Houston.

His entire reputation as a player comes off of 2 years ago getting a really good, well coached Blazers team to the Playoffs but nobody knew at the time that Roy would never return to 50% of his old self after he had to get that last meniscus surgery.

rickshaw
12-28-2012, 12:13 AM
ewww get those contracts away from us for Denver it would start with Faried go forward from there

Iggy has 2 years, 30mill left?

Jarvo
12-28-2012, 12:13 AM
To the Spurs :pray: If he go to The Lakers I will cry myself to sleep lol

Jarvo
12-28-2012, 12:14 AM
Monta Ellis, Ersan Ilyasova, Tobias Harris, and a top 5 protected for LaMarcus Aldridge and Wesley Matthews.

Nah son.

ryder78c
12-28-2012, 12:29 AM
There looking at getting cousins and one of robinson or tyreke evans i seen cousins,Robinson,Evans for Matthews,aldridge,hickson which would be ideal forboth teams

Cousins
Robinson
Batum
Evans
Lillard

Hickson
Aldridge
Matthews
Salmons
Jimmer

ryder78c
12-28-2012, 12:32 AM
I forgot i also seen love for aldridge swap

But the latest thing is we arnt trading him or it even bein considered unless its for a superstar or a few good young pieces

ryder78c
12-28-2012, 12:34 AM

Lol keep dreaming u have 0% chance of getting lillard

I wonder if NO would let anthony davis go for aldridge

Kao Sorn
12-28-2012, 12:39 AM
Relax everyone---Aldridge isn't going anywhere soon. If Lillard decreases in skill next year like Tyeke Evans then we might shop him. If Lillard becomes an elite point however why would you think of getting rid of him for a rebuild...we would only be 1 or 2 players away from contending....Trade him and we would have 3-4 years worth of more rebuilding.

The biggest question will be the growth of Lillard...That will affect what we do with LA.

Jefferson isn't going to happen...
Lillard isn't going to be traded...
Most of those combo trades were the blazers getting project players or even older ones in return. Not going to happen...

b@llhog24
12-28-2012, 12:53 AM

I wouldn't.

LOL It is a statement you apparently agree with according to your sig. It says Tyreke is a more complete aka "better" player than Harden.

Maybe I was being sarcastic? I've been defending Harden LONG before he was a Rocket. My Harden mancrush is well documented.

thrice4
12-28-2012, 12:55 AM
Nah son.

okay dad

waveycrockett
12-28-2012, 12:57 AM
Relax everyone---Aldridge isn't going anywhere soon. If Lillard decreases in skill next year like Tyeke Evans then we might shop him. If Lillard becomes an elite point however why would you think of getting rid of him for a rebuild...we would only be 1 or 2 players away from contending....Trade him and we would have 3-4 years worth of more rebuilding.

The biggest question will be the growth of Lillard...That will affect what we do with LA.

Jefferson isn't going to happen...
Lillard isn't going to be traded...
Most of those combo trades were the blazers getting project players or even older ones in return. Not going to happen...

Yep looking at the track record of guys like Tyreke Evans, Darren Collison and John Wall I think the Blazers should get the most bang for their buck and trade Lillard. His value will never be higher.

JLynn943
12-28-2012, 01:01 AM
There looking at getting cousins and one of robinson or tyreke evans i seen cousins,Robinson,Evans for Matthews,aldridge,hickson which would be ideal forboth teams

Cousins
Robinson
Batum
Evans
Lillard

Hickson
Aldridge
Matthews
Salmons
Jimmer

Hickson said that Sacramento was a terrible fit for him, and he basically didn't try at all when we had him, so I highly doubt the Kings trade for him unless Cousins was the problem for Hickson. Thompson could start alongside LMA.

I don't really want to give up Evans either. If it's Robinson instead of him, maybe we take back Leonard instead of Hickson and don't get Matthews? Just throwing out ideas.

b@llhog24
12-28-2012, 01:03 AM
I like how everyone is tryin to take advantage of a small market team with all these crap offers.

JLynn943
12-28-2012, 01:03 AM
Are people actually expecting Lillard to regress? Why?

JLynn943
12-28-2012, 01:07 AM
I like how everyone is tryin to take advantage of a small market team with all these crap offers.

I'm confused about the whole thing to be honest. I don't get why Portland would want to trade him - unless of course this is just one of those instances where they're just open to it if they get blown away with an offer. If there's something else behind it, I think it's feasible they'd be interested in Cousins.

b@llhog24
12-28-2012, 01:10 AM

I'm confused about the whole thing to be honest. I don't get why Portland would want to trade him - unless of course this is just one of those instances where they're just open to it if they get blown away with an offer. If there's something else behind it, I think it's feasible they'd be interested in Cousins.

Nah wasn't talkin about your proposal manye. I'd be interested in DMC in some sort of capacity as well. As to why they're doin this, maybe they don't want to be in "Nba Hell." :shrug:

JLynn943
12-28-2012, 01:41 AM
Nah wasn't talkin about your proposal manye. I'd be interested in DMC in some sort of capacity as well. As to why they're doin this, maybe they don't want to be in "Nba Hell." :shrug:

cool :cool:

Makes sense I guess. I think he's a key piece for a championship-caliber team, but with what's around him maybe he's worth more to them in what he can bring back in a trade.

Kao Sorn
12-28-2012, 01:53 AM
Are people actually expecting Lillard to regress? Why?

No one in Portland is thinking of regression...just a few hoping to trade for him. I believe that he will be an all-star player around 21 pts/7.5 assists next year and stay about that level for a few years. I was hoping for 15 and 5 this year and he has given us 18 and 6 with a chance (still a long shot) for a playoff spot. Paired with Aldridge this would make a great duo scoring team.

socceroly
12-28-2012, 01:57 AM
Potential Trades I can see.....whether or not the blazers are shopping him (its still fun to discuss)

Two Team Trades.....
Minnesota Gets LMA, Portland Gets Kevin Love

Houston Gets LMA, Portland Gets Terrence Jones, Omar Asik, 2nd Rounder

Boston Gets LMA, Portland Gets Jared Sullinger, Melo, Bradley, 1st Rounder

Philly Gets LMA, Portland Gets Spencer Hawes, Nick Young, 2nd Rounder

Denver Gets LMA, Portland Gets Mozgov, Faried, Anthony Randolph

Three Team Trades

LAL gets LMA, Detroit Gets Pau Gasol, Portland Gets Drummond, Jamison, Brandon Knight plus Lakers 2nd Rounder

NO gets Pau Gasol, Lakers 1st round, Portland gets Anthony Davis, Lakers Get LMA

I dont know, im not an expert, just throwing ideas out there. I think LeMarcus is a Top 3 Power Forward in the NBA and with his numbers, size, and versatility, teams need to give up a lot to get him. I really would like to see Anthony Davis or Kevin Love in exchange.

JoeDirt05
12-28-2012, 02:19 AM
Maybe I was being sarcastic? I've been defending Harden LONG before he was a Rocket. My Harden mancrush is well documented.

You were screaming like a little school girl at a justin bieber concert for the blazers to trade for harden in our forum ;)

Yep looking at the track record of guys like Tyreke Evans, Darren Collison and John Wall I think the Blazers should get the most bang for their buck and trade Lillard. His value will never be higher.

how are you even allowed to post anymore :facepalm:

Potential Trades I can see.....whether or not the blazers are shopping him (its still fun to discuss)

Two Team Trades.....

Three Team Trades

LAL gets LMA, Detroit Gets Pau Gasol, Portland Gets Drummond, Jamison, Brandon Knight plus Lakers 2nd Rounder

NO gets Pau Gasol, Lakers 1st round, Portland gets Anthony Davis, Lakers Get LMA

I dont know, im not an expert, just throwing ideas out there. I think LeMarcus is a Top 3 Power Forward in the NBA and with his numbers, size, and versatility, teams need to give up a lot to get him. I really would like to see Anthony Davis or Kevin Love in exchange.

Id be happy with the bolded ones but idk why we would take back Knight. I'd love either love or davis paired with Lillard thats a killer 1, 2 punch right there

ohreally
12-28-2012, 02:20 AM

I'd rather have Faried than Aldridge. Start from there?

JoeDirt05
12-28-2012, 02:22 AM
I'd rather have Faried than Aldridge. Start from there?

youd be in a tiny crowd that thinks the same way start from there

c.c.
12-28-2012, 02:35 AM

Two Team Trades.....

Three Team Trades

Very very very very awful

ohreally
12-28-2012, 02:43 AM
I forgot i also seen love for aldridge swap

But the latest thing is we arnt trading him or it even bein considered unless its for a superstar or a few good young pieces

Love is shooting what? 33%,22% on 3s, and averaging 17 shots per 36. That's pretty terrible and deflates his rebounding to an extent. But I still don't see why they would trade him for Aldridge. What's the real upside there?

ohreally
12-28-2012, 02:47 AM
youd be in a tiny crowd that thinks the same way start from there

I don't mind tiny crowds. And it would obviously be the right crowd, so I'll start from there.

OaklandsFinest
12-28-2012, 03:22 AM
Lopez and picks for LMA.. Similar contracts, allows Hickson to play power forward..

Zefflin
12-28-2012, 04:35 AM
Pau and who to get LM??!

valade16
12-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Love is shooting what? 33%,22% on 3s, and averaging 17 shots per 36. That's pretty terrible and deflates his rebounding to an extent. But I still don't see why they would trade him for Aldridge. What's the real upside there?

The only way Love gets traded is if the T-Wolves are positive he is going to leave in FA.

Even then it'd be something like LMA and Mathews to give the T-Wolves that quality wing they've been trying to find.