PDA

View Full Version : Who could use Kyle Lowry?

Hellcrooner
12-27-2012, 09:57 AM
hoopshype - "Though hes out now injured, the Raptors supposedly would like to put Kyle Lowry in a trade package and keep Jose Calderon. The Raptors give up 11 more points per game when Lowry is on the court compared with Calderon. NBA.com"

So it seems the .200 record with Lowry Starting and the .500 record with Jose starting has convinced the Raps that they have commited yet another mistake by trading for a supposed better Pg to Sit Jose.

Lowry seems to be more bout the name on the back that in the front of the Jersey and his health problems are not helping.

Raps could use a Starting SF, and they could probably look to get an star by packaging Lowry and Bargs.

SO, who do you think they could get for that package, or for Lowry alone?

Greedy22
12-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Idk who the lakers could trade for him, but he'd be perfect off the bench spelling Nash 15-18 mpg.

RyanStorm
12-27-2012, 10:03 AM
You BAS#$RD...

We need him so bad....or least I want him badly in Utah, especially with Mo out(probably for at least 1 month to a year)!! YIKES!

I have heard lots about us going for Calderon, but I think Lowry and a Claderon would serious make Utah a playoff team this year!! I could only imagine having these two players!

Hellcrooner
12-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Idk who the lakers could trade for him, but he'd be perfect off the bench spelling Nash 15-18 mpg.

Lowry has been on record to not wanting to be a bench player, so i dont think he would like to be behind nash.

RyanStorm
12-27-2012, 10:05 AM
I would so trade Marvin Williams and throw in Raja Bell for Lowry, even toss in Watson!

But I know Utah rather have Calderon, but I wouldn't mind either one for these three guys!

Jint.
12-27-2012, 10:08 AM
I think he'd be a good fit in Toronto.. the Raptors really could use him.

LanceUpperCut
12-27-2012, 10:08 AM
No way Raptors trade Lowery unless you blow them away with an offer. There would defiantly be a 1st round pick involved.

fredv
12-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Rockets.

Lin for Lowry.

Greedy22
12-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Lowry has been on record to not wanting to be a bench player, so i dont think he would like to be behind nash.

Well damn, that would've been nice too.

ghettosean
12-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Rockets.

Lin for Lowry.
LOL.... No!

ghettosean
12-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Wow I'll be shocked if they trade Lowry and if they do then we better retire Jose's jersey when all is said and done... This guy has litterly battled it out with so many people who have come in to take his job.

If Lowry goes if better be a damn good deal!

Raps18-19 Champ
12-27-2012, 10:52 AM
hoopshype - "Though hes out now injured, the Raptors supposedly would like to put Kyle Lowry in a trade package and keep Jose Calderon. The Raptors give up 11 more points per game when Lowry is on the court compared with Calderon. NBA.com"

So it seems the .200 record with Lowry Starting and the .500 record with Jose starting has convinced the Raps that they have commited yet another mistake by trading for a supposed better Pg to Sit Jose.

Lowry seems to be more bout the name on the back that in the front of the Jersey and his health problems are not helping.

Raps could use a Starting SF, and they could probably look to get an star by packaging Lowry and Bargs.

Lowry isn't supposedly better. He is better.

torocan
12-27-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm a bit stunned to be sure.

Still, the Raptors have had a crappy season and they've only started winning since Lowry AND Bargs have been out.

And since I read that Lowry and Bargs were called out during a players only meeting (Bargs for playing crap defense and Lowry for being selfish), I can't say it's completely out of the realm of possibility.

Lowry has trade value for sure. This year and an expiring next year... I'm sure someone will give the Raps something decent for a Lowry/Bargs combo, or even just Lowry alone.

I could see some players plus picks for that combination.

Hellcrooner
12-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Lowry isn't supposedly better. He is better.

well thats not what stats ( team ) team records and facts is proving.

he definetly know how to get better ( personal) boxscores tough.

miller74
12-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Wow I'll be shocked if they trade Lowry and if they do then we better retire Jose's jersey when all is said and done... This guy has litterly battled it out with so many people who have come in to take his job.

If Lowry goes if better be a damn good deal!

haha retire his number lol ever heard of the tallest midget syndrome?

Jahari Kavi
12-27-2012, 11:10 AM
the Lakers could........

Hellcrooner
12-27-2012, 11:14 AM
haha retire his number lol ever heard of the tallest midget syndrome?

if he retires a raptor having played his whole LONG career for them( would be the first to do so) in an era where players jump at the first chance they get, having never complained with the yearly trades they did to try to sit him and etc i dont know why not.
Just check the players other teams have with retired jerseays, example Davis in Dallas.

Chronz
12-27-2012, 11:23 AM
I know the Raps are one of the most horribly run teams in the league right now but I doubt even they are stupid enough to call an experiment quits after such a small sample size.

If they do trade Lowry it will be because they have stopped trying to win.

Chronz
12-27-2012, 11:29 AM

Hes not even doing that right now. At this moment, Calderon has the better numbers if you value efficiency. But you dont really think people are stupid enough to ignore the superior production(wins and stats) the last few years from him do you?

They also only had 4 home games during that stretch of games your talking about, vs Calderon getting to play at home vs easier teams. If the Raps are dumb enough to think its an apples to apples comparison then maybe its time they hire some statistical consultants.

Hellcrooner
12-27-2012, 11:35 AM
Hes not even doing that right now. At this moment, Calderon has the better numbers if you value efficiency. But you dont really think people are stupid enough to ignore the superior production(wins and stats) the last few years from him do you?

They also only had 4 home games during that stretch of games your talking about, vs Calderon getting to play at home vs easier teams. If the Raps are dumb enough to think its an apples to apples comparison then maybe its time they hire some statistical consultants.

All i know is he couldnt overthrow COnley, then Brooks, then last year after the injury he couldnt overthrow dragic and went anal bout it.

So, something is not so shinny bout the dude.

Chronz
12-27-2012, 11:39 AM
All i know is he couldnt overthrow COnley, then Brooks, then last year after the injury he couldnt overthrow dragic and went anal bout it.

So, something is not so shinny bout the dude.
LOL then how does he become the starter every year? Only to lose his spot to injury. Is it his fault he plays with quality backups? And most of the time his complaints were spot on, he was better than Conley at the moment and he is and will always be better than Brooks. Dragic was more comparable but with him playing so poorly this year it seems like all he has to do is get healthy to outplay him as well.

The only thing not "shinny" is your logic.

CB29
12-27-2012, 11:43 AM
I really would hope that the Raptors don't keep Calderon over Lowry... That would really hurt me as a fan.

aman_13
12-27-2012, 11:45 AM
The Raps will only trade Lowry if they feel he is not the right fit, not because Calderon is a better player. That is not the case.

Chronz
12-27-2012, 11:48 AM
The Raps will only trade Lowry if they feel he is not the right fit, not because Calderon is a better player. That is not the case.

The team is in shambles, they arent going for the better fit. They arent winning anything any time soon so the best reason for trading Lowry arent really basketball related, strictly emotional. This article sounds made up for that very reason, I mean really whats the logic here.

dtmagnet
12-27-2012, 12:26 PM
The team is in shambles, they arent going for the better fit. They arent winning anything any time soon so the best reason for trading Lowry arent really basketball related, strictly emotional. This article sounds made up for that very reason, I mean really whats the logic here.

Lowry only has 2 years on his deal and I'm not sure they'd be smart to tie up their cap on his large payraise (if he will even re-sign in Toronto.)

Sly Guy
12-27-2012, 12:40 PM
logical argument to move lowry instead of calderon:

calderon has had a hand in developing the younger players on the roster. He's basically been the consistent pg they've all known since they turned pro. guys like Amir, Ed, and even Demar, are off the ball players [or are a good portion of the time], and Jose knows where to get them the ball better than anybody else. As a a result, he makes them look good, and the offense runs more fluidly.

Lowry looks for his own more than jose. That means there's less distributing going on when he's on the floor. Given the makeup of the roster, there aren't many others on the floor who move the ball outside of those two, so having lowry takes away options on offense, allowing teams to key in on him more and shut us down.

better offensive IQ than lowry.

Jose's contract expires this year, meaning if we aren't sold on lowry as the pg of the future, we can resign jose, or rebuild more quickly by moving lowry instead.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
why to move calderon instead:
-expiring contract, his numbers and effort could be because he's in a contract year (not likely, he's been consistent in his time with toronto)
-physical limitations and age. He'll never be a lockdown defender, nor will he ever be the guy to blow open a game. Being such a key part of the raptors and not being a legit all-star calibre player, he will struggle against good defensive backcourts.
-Lowry is simply the more dynamic player, who impacts the game defensively with steals and rebounds, scoring by attacking the basket, runs the open floor better.
So, I guess it depends what you want out of your PG. Lowry could be a better fit for any team with legitimate stars in the mold of a harden, say. A guy in the backcourt capable of big numbers, but also distributes(to offset the fact Lowry will be looking for his own shot more). Calderon is a better fit for a team for a team with legitimate stars at bigger positions that require a a little guy to give them the ball(LA with Dwight and Pau).

Both contracts are very movable.

This makes Toronto an ideal trade partner for any team looking for rental PG services. you've got your choice of what's best, and both should be available for the right price.

Hellcrooner
12-27-2012, 12:47 PM
logical argument to move lowry instead of calderon:

calderon has had a hand in developing the younger players on the roster. He's basically been the consistent pg they've all known since they turned pro. guys like Amir, Ed, and even Demar, are off the ball players [or are a good portion of the time], and Jose knows where to get them the ball better than anybody else. As a a result, he makes them look good, and the offense runs more fluidly.

Lowry looks for his own more than jose. That means there's less distributing going on when he's on the floor. Given the makeup of the roster, there aren't many others on the floor who move the ball outside of those two, so having lowry takes away options on offense, allowing teams to key in on him more and shut us down.

better offensive IQ than lowry.

Jose's contract expires this year, meaning if we aren't sold on lowry as the pg of the future, we can resign jose, or rebuild more quickly by moving lowry instead.
why to move calderon instead:
-expiring contract, his numbers and effort could be because he's in a contract year (not likely, he's been consistent in his time with toronto)
-physical limitations and age. He'll never be a lockdown defender, nor will he ever be the guy to blow open a game. Being such a key part of the raptors and not being a legit all-star calibre player, he will struggle against good defensive backcourts.
-Lowry is simply the more dynamic player, who impacts the game defensively with steals and rebounds, scoring by attacking the basket, runs the open floor better.
So, I guess it depends what you want out of your PG. Lowry could be a better fit for any team with legitimate stars in the mold of a harden, say. A guy in the backcourt capable of big numbers, but also distributes(to offset the fact Lowry will be looking for his own shot more). Calderon is a better fit for a team for a team with legitimate stars at bigger positions that require a a little guy to give them the ball(LA with Dwight and Pau).

Both contracts are very movable.

This makes Toronto an ideal trade partner for any team looking for rental PG services. you've got your choice of what's best, and both should be available for the right price.

You forgot to mention that jose may very well Sign back for 3 years 12 -15 Million whilst Lowry ( if he resigns wich would need to be seen) would move along 5 years 45 to 60 millions.

Sly Guy
12-27-2012, 12:48 PM
You forgot to mention that jose may very well Sign back for 3 years 12 Million whilst Lowry ( if he resigns wich would need to be seen) would move along 5 years 55 millions.

This is true, but the resigning of the players doesn't factor into my breakdown as a raptor fan. I'm just interested in the greatest return on a trade for one of the two.

bucketss
12-27-2012, 12:49 PM
why the hell would we trade our best player... by far?

koreancabbage
12-27-2012, 12:50 PM
I don't see how they would trade Calderon just to appease the mediocrity of this team.

In all likely hood, I would like to see Ed Davis, Terrence Ross, and Lowry in the starting lineup before we trade away the team's most talented PG. Bargnani and Derozan and a young and new center to the NBA isn't giving Lowry much to play with on defence.

and the fact they kept playing Lowry with Calderon in the PG and SG spots in closing out games was ridiculous.

Calderon is in a contract year as well. one final run for a big contract for him.

He does well with players like Amir and Ed Davis due to their inabilty to score themselves. Raps have a problem in their front court more so than their PGs "controversy".

aman_13
12-27-2012, 12:51 PM

It is about fit, at least it better be. You don't just trade Lowry for no reason, he is a talented pg but he has flaws. Lowry struggles running the pick and roll and has a tendency of being selfish. The team has already had a meeting pointing out his selfishness.

Sly Guy
12-27-2012, 12:53 PM
I don't see how they would trade Calderon just to appease the mediocrity of this team.

In all likely hood, I would like to see Ed Davis, Terrence Ross, and Lowry in the starting lineup before we trade away the team's most talented PG. Bargnani and Derozan and a young and new center to the NBA isn't giving Lowry much to play with on defence.

and the fact they kept playing Lowry with Calderon in the PG and SG spots in closing out games was ridiculous.

Calderon is in a contract year as well. one final run for a big contract for him.

He does well with players like Amir and Ed Davis due to their inabilty to score themselves. Raps have a problem in their front court more so than their PGs "controversy".

But the PG 'controversy' is where we have tradable assets. We've been saying it all along, we need dynamic 2-way players. We've got capable rotation players, redundancy at PF and PG positions [now SG too] with guys who are solid but not mind blowing at what they do. This whole roster needs a little retooling, so I'm open to any and all serious offers for anyone on the roster, Lowry, Jose, or anyone else.

Sly Guy
12-27-2012, 12:58 PM
It is about fit, at least it better be. You don't just trade Lowry for no reason, he is a talented pg but he has flaws. Lowry struggles running the pick and roll and has a tendency of being selfish. The team has already had a meeting pointing out his selfishness.

I'm not sold on Lowry being a problem....yet. He's been playing with ******** rotations with rumours in the background that BC's had too much hand in how Coach Casey handles his job. Expecting Lowry to trust his teammates when he can't rely on Amir, or Ed to make an elbow jumper [although they can actually do so], passing to black hole Bargnani, or that 'off waivers' pickup in Alan Anderson. Would you be looking to move the ball with those are your other options? Especially if your team is like 5-19 at the time?

I'm not saying he shouldn't trust his teammates, but I can see where he's coming from if he doesn't. We'll see what he comes back into the lineup like, if he starts playing with the guys and we continue to play well, we might still find out he's a better fit than calderon.

koreancabbage
12-27-2012, 12:58 PM

while he was injured to add. there has been no play to back up on what he hasn't learned yet. Lowry is as talented as an allstar PG but selfishness has been his downturn - probably the only thing you can fault him on. he gets back on defence, plays defence, rebounds the ball better than our starting big men, finds people here and there (not as much as Calderon) and can shoot the 3/drive to the basket.

koreancabbage
12-27-2012, 01:04 PM
But the PG 'controversy' is where we have tradable assets. We've been saying it all along, we need dynamic 2-way players. We've got capable rotation players, redundancy at PF and PG positions [now SG too] with guys who are solid but not mind blowing at what they do. This whole roster needs a little retooling, so I'm open to any and all serious offers for anyone on the roster, Lowry, Jose, or anyone else.

Calderon is in the last year of his contract. Lowry is a two way player - we have our player for the forseeable future - and we traded a first rounder for him.

and who are we going to trade for: Granger? ughhh. No one on this team is going to get back a mind blowing player that is a two way player unless they are getting paid $$$$ and we are the suckers who can take on that contract that will be another hindrance to this franchise.

Chronz
12-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Lowry only has 2 years on his deal and I'm not sure they'd be smart to tie up their cap on his large payraise (if he will even re-sign in Toronto.)
Who said anything about resigning him? But its amazing that hes still under contract for 2 more years, man Morey knows how to lock up talent dirt cheap. Whats he making in those 2 years anyways? Prolly less than Calderon makes in 1?

Why would a team this bad be worried about fit? I dont agree with your opinion on Lowry's game either.

Sly Guy
12-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Calderon is in the last year of his contract. Lowry is a two way player - we have our player for the forseeable future - and we traded a first rounder for him.

and who are we going to trade for: Granger? ughhh. No one on this team is going to get back a mind blowing player that is a two way player unless they are getting paid $$$$ and we are the suckers who can take on that contract that will be another hindrance to this franchise.

you're right, it may not be the time to get that dynamic 2 way player where calderon or lowry is the centerpiece of the trade.

I'm not sold on Lowry as being our 'PG of the future' but I'm also not saying he isn't yet. But at 9-19, you should be listening to all offers, and no one should be considered unmovable.

But there should be demand for the 2 PGs in some respect, so we should be able to get some value back for one of them through trade. Either with addition by subtraction (taking one of our bad contracts in return Bargnani, Fields, Kleiza), or future assets like picks, or a desperately lacking specialist (I think we could use some kind of 3 point shooter out there given Bargnani's regression, Ross being a rook etc, but not from the freaking 4-5 spot!).

Sly Guy
12-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Who said anything about resigning him? But its amazing that hes still under contract for 2 more years, man Morey knows how to lock up talent dirt cheap. Whats he making in those 2 years anyways? Prolly less than Calderon makes in 1?

Why would a team this bad be worried about fit? I dont agree with your opinion on Lowry's game either.

Lowry's making ~$6mil over the next 2 years.

koreancabbage
12-27-2012, 01:19 PM
you're right, it may not be the time to get that dynamic 2 way player where calderon or lowry is the centerpiece of the trade.

I'm not sold on Lowry as being our 'PG of the future' but I'm also not saying he isn't yet. But at 9-19, you should be listening to all offers, and no one should be considered unmovable.

But there should be demand for the 2 PGs in some respect, so we should be able to get some value back for one of them through trade. Either with addition by subtraction (taking one of our bad contracts in return Bargnani, Fields, Kleiza), or future assets like picks, or a desperately lacking specialist (I think we could use some kind of 3 point shooter out there given Bargnani's regression, Ross being a rook etc, but not from the freaking 4-5 spot!).

or we should just get back on tank nation, accumulate young assets, and then come back with a fresher future.

why do you want bad contracts? right now we have talent hindrance (i.e. not enough) vs financial hindrance later in the future. for the target of a .500 record? we have to go like 32-21 to get to .500 again.

Bob_at_york
12-27-2012, 01:22 PM
what makes you think he is more about "the name on the back"? I have seen no evidence of this.

Teams that could use him just off the top of my head:

Atlanta
Dallas

Chronz
12-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Why do they have to trade either of them? Didn't Calderon express interest in staying, have him resign on the cheap and continue his underrated tenure with Toronto. Its an emotional thing to do, but some players just mean that much to a franchise.

You definitely dont move Lowry because you just traded your lotto pick for him and havent even given him a decent home stand to learn the team, at the very least you hold onto him knowing his value is at an all-time low right now.

The only reason I would move either of those 2 would be to get rid of Bargnani. Last years defensive improvements have vanished, it seems the team overachieved on that end so its back to finding defensive talent.

RealLiveBear
12-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Only way they move Lowry is if an elite SF is available, Gay or Granger come to mind.

Sly Guy
12-27-2012, 01:30 PM
or we should just get back on tank nation, accumulate young assets, and then come back with a fresher future.

why do you want bad contracts? right now we have talent hindrance (i.e. not enough) vs financial hindrance later in the future. for the target of a .500 record? we have to go like 32-21 to get to .500 again.

this season is gone. It was gone weeks back. I want to see our team play well for the rest of the season, but I'm not expecting a 500 record.

the only benefit, as I've said before, is that we know our season's a wash early, so we have more time to pick and choose the best deals in trades for whatever assets we have.

I don't want bad contracts, I want rid of our bad ones. If we can't net a franchise player, or a game changing player, then we should at least maintain the ability to utilize one should we find one later. We're not contenders, but we should at least be in a position to become one as quickly as possible should the right situation come about.

We need a 3. We need another distributor if we keep Lowry because he isn't going to keep guys like Amir or Ed, or Jonas involved. We need a guy who can stretch the floor without playing it out of position. We have needs, and I'm not at all dissatisfied if it comes through a multi-player deal.

NoahH
12-27-2012, 01:49 PM
THE only reason lowry and the raptors even interest me are because i have lowry on my fantasy team and i need him to go out and be selfish for me. i dont care if toronto wins

KniCks4LiFe
12-27-2012, 01:53 PM
I'd trade Felton and Novak right now for Gray and Lowry. Well not now. Jan 15th.

IndyRealist
12-27-2012, 02:05 PM

It doesn't prove anything because Bargs has been out too. Plenty of blame for the last few years can be placed on him.

bucketss
12-27-2012, 02:48 PM

4 home games and 1 road game against the cavs. this winning streak isn't all that amazing considering we were out on a west coast trip when lowry was playing.

bomber0104
12-27-2012, 03:10 PM
oh ur telling me Colangelo made another horrible move.. i'm shocked

futureman
12-27-2012, 03:17 PM
I would so trade Marvin Williams and throw in Raja Bell for Lowry, even toss in Watson!

But I know Utah rather have Calderon, but I wouldn't mind either one for these three guys!

I would rather have Lowry than Calderon anyday.

bucketss
12-27-2012, 03:20 PM
oh ur telling me Colangelo made another horrible move.. i'm shocked

he traded for a young top ten pg on a cheap contract what a bad gm he is.

BKdoubleStacker
12-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Calderon has been named the starter, lowry will come off the bench now

lulz

BHF
12-27-2012, 03:40 PM

:facepalm: again hating on every player taking playing time away from his bad Spanish players LOL

BHF
12-27-2012, 03:44 PM
why the hell would we trade our best player... by far?

we are not lol that guy is just a huge Spanish homer don't be surprised if he says Rudy Fernandez > Kobe or some stupid **** like that

aman_13
12-27-2012, 03:45 PM

What's your take on Lowry? I have seen every game he has played being a Raptor fan and he has flaws. He is a very good player, love his defence, rebounding and he can score but he hasn't been able to play like a pure pg and that is my concern.

It's also says something when Casey has already said that Calderon has been the best pg on the team this season.

Your opinion on the Raps position is why I'm not really going to argue about fit. I see where you are coming from though.

aman_13
12-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Why do they have to trade either of them? Didn't Calderon express interest in staying, have him resign on the cheap and continue his underrated tenure with Toronto. Its an emotional thing to do, but some players just mean that much to a franchise.

You definitely dont move Lowry because you just traded your lotto pick for him and havent even given him a decent home stand to learn the team, at the very least you hold onto him knowing his value is at an all-time low right now.

The only reason I would move either of those 2 would be to get rid of Bargnani. Last years defensive improvements have vanished, it seems the team overachieved on that end so its back to finding defensive talent.

I think the defensive numbers will improve, they are playing better defensively in their recent stretch. They lost their way on the defensive end with all that losing. I think they are starting to buy in again. Time will tell I guess.

aman_13
12-27-2012, 03:55 PM
while he was injured to add. there has been no play to back up on what he hasn't learned yet. Lowry is as talented as an allstar PG but selfishness has been his downturn - probably the only thing you can fault him on. he gets back on defence, plays defence, rebounds the ball better than our starting big men, finds people here and there (not as much as Calderon) and can shoot the 3/drive to the basket.

Don't get me wrong, i like Lowry but i just question his pg mentality. There is a lot to like about him and I certainly don't hope BC is planning to trade him because he wants to save the season. I think this article is made up.

bucketss
12-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Calderon has been named the starter, lowry will come off the bench now

lulz

last time that happened it took lowry one game to take back his spot from calderon.

bucketss
12-27-2012, 03:59 PM
What's your take on Lowry? I have seen every game he has played being a Raptor fan and he has flaws. He is a very good player, love his defence, rebounding and he can score but he hasn't been able to play like a pure pg and that is my concern.

It's also says something when Casey has already said that Calderon has been the best pg on the team this season.

Your opinion on the Raps position is why I'm not really going to argue about fit. I see where you are coming from though.

casey is an idiot that kept ross and ed davis glued to the bench.

JiffyMix88
12-27-2012, 04:59 PM
hoopshype - "Though he’s out now injured, the Raptors supposedly would like to put Kyle Lowry in a trade package and keep Jose Calderon. The Raptors give up 11 more points per game when Lowry is on the court compared with Calderon. NBA.com"

You will always be racist won't you?

Post one about how Bargs needs to be benched in favor of Johnson or Davis

Stinkyoutsider
12-27-2012, 05:07 PM
I think there's a few teams who would be interested but if he doesn't want to extend his contract, I'm not taking him. His health is a big concern if he's going to be a starter on the team.

If he's willing to resign at a reasonable amount and wouldn't mind earning his spot in the starting lineup (and coming off the bench if he's not able to win it), I'm sure a playoff team would be willing to trade a pick or 2 for him.

Problem for the Raptors is, do they trade for vets or young pieces. Which direction are they going?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-27-2012, 06:30 PM

Lowry is the better and more talented player. Calderon just works with the team better.

Chronz
12-27-2012, 08:58 PM
I have seen every game he has played being a Raptor fan and he has flaws. He is a very good player, love his defence, rebounding and he can score but he hasn't been able to play like a pure pg and that is my concern.
I get ya, hes not a Calderon type of PG, still when hes on his game hes one of the best PnR producers in the game. He may not get as many assists but he wont turn it over as much and the team will score in those possessions. I just found it odd you said he struggles in the PnR when you clearly mean he lacks the vision of a Calderon.

I would agree.

I think the defensive numbers will improve, they are playing better defensively in their recent stretch. They lost their way on the defensive end with all that losing. I think they are starting to buy in again. Time will tell I guess.
Your right, I should wate until their home games catch up to them before saying they are in complete shambles but thats why I dont buy the trade rumors, teams in their position shouldn't make hasty decisions.

Jumba
12-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Al Jefferson for Lowry

dalton749
12-27-2012, 10:07 PM
Al Jefferson for Lowry

deal

AddiX
12-27-2012, 10:09 PM
It's weird watching Lowry get treated like a lesser player by every team he plays for. Dragic, Lin, Calderon, none of them are better than him. Yet, here we are.

What's up with this Dude?

Hellcrooner
12-27-2012, 11:15 PM
It's weird watching Lowry get treated like a lesser player by every team he plays for.Conley, Brooks, Dragic, Lin, Calderon, none of them are better than him. Yet, here we are.

What's up with this Dude?

Mmmm, who knows? several different coaches too.
May be that people overate him perhaps?

thrice4
12-27-2012, 11:34 PM
Hmm I always thought Conley was better than Lowry at running an offense.

ssr2020
12-29-2012, 01:11 AM
A good trade idea would be lowry to thunder for our pick and jermey lamb back and then full out tank season release pietrus

mrblisterdundee
12-29-2012, 01:50 AM
The Toronto Raptors trade Kyle Lowry ($5.75 million) to the Sacramento Kings for Tyreke Evans ($5.25 million, 1 year).
The Raptors can commit to Jose Calderon and add Evans to play the two back court positions and small forward while not really losing any depth. If he doesn't work, his contract is only for the rest of this season.
The Kings can get a solid starting point guard, instead of switching between Isiah Thomas and Aaron Brooks. He has a similarly short contract, in case he doesn't work out.

KniCks4LiFe
12-29-2012, 02:04 AM
Mmmm, who knows? several different coaches too.
May be that people overate him perhaps?

I think he is overrated as a PG. I think he needs to be in a system w/ depth though. Like Indiana, Dallas. Chicago. I think Chicago can make a deal for him and pair him w/ Rose when he returns.

He's more a SG. He pushes the pace unfortunately he's not efficient. I think now ppl are seeing the difference w/ him and Lin. Especially in Houston.

THE MTL
12-29-2012, 03:11 AM
Kyle Lowry is the one of the very few pgs who might fit the Knicks better than felton

John Walls Era
12-29-2012, 03:26 AM
I blame the win record on Barfnani. I thought he was going to be good, but he sucks.

Celtics33
12-29-2012, 03:34 AM
I don't see why the Raptors would trade him, but if for some reason they did I could see teams like the Kings and Jazz being interested in him.

faridk89
12-29-2012, 03:55 AM
No way Raptors trade Lowery unless you blow them away with an offer. There would defiantly be a 1st round pick involved.

we just traded a lottery pick for him so why in the **** would we get a bunch of garbage back now?

Tmath
12-29-2012, 04:02 AM
Lowry isn't going anywhere.

Raptors payed a hefty price to get him, and he has a good contract.

There is no logic in trading him right now.

BHF
12-29-2012, 04:16 AM
yeah right trade Lowry and have Calderon starting LOL just look at Vasquez numbers from tonight's game yeah that's Jose Calderon defense