PDA

View Full Version : Wade's Improved Production due to Improving Health + Shooting Coach

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-26-2012, 06:04 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/8780026/dwyane-wade-miami-heat-says-working-shot-coach

Dwyane Wade's career-high shooting percentage and blistering 61 percent clip over his past eight games can't all be attributed to a little extra coaching, but it certainly hasn't hurt.

The Heat's second leading scorer admitted he has been working with a shooting coach during the season.

"You have to know your problem," Wade said. "When I'm missing, I already know how and why I'm missing. I know that I don't have a lot of arc on my shot. So I know that me shooting on the way down is really fighting against the wind.

"For me, it was just to get somebody to come in, different than what I'm used to, a different voice."

The plan had been to hire a coach in the offseason and work with him then, but Wade's knee surgery and ensuing rehabilitation didn't allow him the court time to make it worthwhile.

As a result, Wade is finding time during the season to work on his shooting mechanics with his coach.

Wade won't divulge who is helping him out, saying he'd prefer to know it's truly working before he gets into specifics.

The idea, however, is to help him fit even better into an offense in which LeBron James is the primary playmaker, as well as prepare for a future when he won't be able to rely solely on his quickness and athleticism.

"It's a combination of it all," he said. "Obviously you have to plan for [the future]. At the same time, you understand that you want to open up the game. You want to get better.

"And then, I have a different role on this team. I know that I don't have the ball all the time to be able to get the shots I want to, so I need to take shots that come and are available. So I need to be ready to shoot them and feel comfortable shooting them."

Wade has been working out of the post more this season, so he hasn't shown off his outside touch too often. But he is shooting 5-of-15 from 3-point range this month, compared to a 1-of-6 start to the season. Wade also is shooting 82.3 percent (56-of-68) from the foul line in December after shooting just more than 75 percent in his first 11 games of the season.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-26-2012, 06:06 PM
he's getting healthier.. so thats a start.

amazing how when he wasnt 100%, he was still shooting 50%, while averaging 18 ppg. not bad.

Dade County
12-26-2012, 06:20 PM
I need Wade to get healthy, it really bothers me when he isn't performing at a super star level ( I mean high light reel stuff ).

ManRam
12-26-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm glad we're done talking about how he's done. That was fun and all...but yeah...

justinnum1
12-26-2012, 07:00 PM
I still cringe every time he takes a jump shot.

Slug3
12-26-2012, 07:07 PM

Yeah I don't believe he actually got a shooting coach. Maybe one came in like one day and taught him some things to look for but I still don't believe he worked with one.

RaiderLakersA's
12-26-2012, 07:15 PM
My brother's uncle's tax accountant's taxidermist said that the real reason why Wade is improving is because he reads PSD and heard about all of the posters slamming his game. True story.

kozelkid
12-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah I don't believe he actually got a shooting coach. Maybe one came in like one day and taught him some things to look for but I still don't believe he worked with one.

Interesting, makes more sense than Wade just not giving credit to someone, since I found that kinda odd...

Jiggy2maHeat
12-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Whomever is helping him get better forgot to teach him how to hold on to the ball.

h2r09
12-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Can we all take a second and just recognize how ****ing selfless Dwyane has been throughout the entire Lebron experience in a Heat uniform?

From day 1 of this experiment he said Lebron was the best player in the world and that they all have to sacrifice in the name of the team.

You can blow that off but i'd like to see some of you guys do the same thing if you were in his position. I know i sure as hell wouldn't be able to if i was a superstar in my own right.

gotoHcarolina52
12-26-2012, 08:07 PM

You and me both. Especially those **** it 3s and long 2s. He really needs to work on his jump shot if he plans on playing at a superstar level into his mid-to-late 30s.

Can we all take a second and just recognize how ****ing selfless Dwyane has been throughout the entire Lebron experience in a Heat uniform?

From day 1 of this experiment he said Lebron was the best player in the world and that they all have to sacrifice in the name of the team.

You can blow that off but i'd like to see some of you guys do the same thing if you were in his position. I know i sure as hell wouldn't be able to if i was a superstar in my own right.

He has been incredibly selfless. He even took the least money out of the three (and convinced Bron and Bosh to take less as well) just so they could re-sign Haslem. Is he the same player he was in '06? No, of course not. But without Wade this team wouldn't have been assembled nor would it have won the championship last year. And that's why I cringe every time I hear a Heat "fan" suggest they should trade Wade for X player. He's not going anywhere. They're going to erect a statue in his honor on Biscayne Blvd when he retires, and rightfully so.

Greedy22
12-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Good to see, I love watching Wade.

TylerSL
12-26-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm glad we're done talking about how he's done. That was fun and all...but yeah...

this, really.........