PDA

View Full Version : if Lebron is listed as a pg...

Money_23
12-26-2012, 02:54 PM
a role he pretty much played for most of his career. With all his current stats and accolades and championships the same......

what is his rank among all-time PGs up to this point?

I Rock Shaqs
12-26-2012, 03:02 PM
WRONG! Just wondering if you ever watched basketball before? It's called Point-Forward!
Also He would be the second best point Guard EVAR!!

nickdymez
12-26-2012, 03:02 PM
The greatest PG of all time..

bucketss
12-26-2012, 03:06 PM
The greatest PG of all time..

pretty sure magic is a pg:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-26-2012, 03:07 PM
Greatest pg of all time.

However, the heat can't afford to have him as pg because of the lack of size.
So we don't have the luxury of ever witnessing that, and I believe lebron despises being called a pg for some reason..

nickdymez
12-26-2012, 03:08 PM
pretty sure magic is a pg:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

You didnt read the other thread? Lebron is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Magic.. Only reason people put magic in front of Lebron is because Magic had "AIDS" and the public felt sorry for him....

bucketss
12-26-2012, 03:09 PM
You didnt read the other thread? Lebron is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Magic.. Only reason people put magic in front of Lebron is because Magic had "AIDS" and the public felt sorry for him....

shut the hell up you lebron-phile:facepalm::cool:

Money_23
WRONG! Just wondering if you ever watched basketball before? It's called Point-Forward!
Also He would be the second best point Guard EVAR!!

there's no official position called point-forward... no one says: "who's the greatest point-forward of all time" ............:facepalm:

PurpleJesus
Lebron doesnt play much PG at all...I mean, sometimes he does I guess, just like sometimes he plas center. The offense does run through him, but that does not make him a PG.

nickdymez
12-26-2012, 03:13 PM
shut the hell up you lebron-phile:facepalm::cool:

Are you serious? Your telling me to "shut the hell up" but a LEBRON FAN wrote those words. Im just tired of arguing with you guys, so im on board with all the ridiculous statements made on Lebrons behalf...

Lebron is the best PG of all time at this point in his career

Money_23
12-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Are you serious? Your telling me to "shut the hell up" but a LEBRON FAN wrote those words. Im just tired of arguing with you guys, so im on board with all the ridiculous statements made on Lebrons behalf...

can you just be a little more objective please.....
I want your own opinion, not vent what someone else posted...

bucketss
12-26-2012, 03:17 PM

don't worry no one ever took your opinions seriously anyways.

sep11ie
12-26-2012, 03:21 PM
I didn't get a Red Ryder pump action bb gun for XMas. :(

rocket
12-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Lebron doesnt play much PG at all...I mean, sometimes he does I guess, just like sometimes he plas center. The offense does run through him, but that does not make him a PG.

Do you not understand the point of the thread?

JiffyMix88
12-26-2012, 03:23 PM
don't worry no one ever took your opinions seriously anyways.

I second that :D

|
|
|
_
v

PurpleJesus
12-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Do you not understand the point of the thread?

That if Lebron was listed as a PG, where would he rank...does that sum up the point of the thread?

What if Dwight Howard was listed as a SG?

mjm07
12-26-2012, 03:26 PM
I didn't get a Red Ryder pump action bb gun for XMas. :(

You'll shoot your eye out, kid. :no:

Money_23
12-26-2012, 03:27 PM
That if Lebron was listed as a PG, where would he rank...does that sum up the point of the thread?

What if Dwight Howard was listed as a SG?

that's different. Bron plays the role of a pg more than the actual pg on his team. Does Dwight take jump shots? NO. How often does a forward lead the team in assists?

PurpleJesus
12-26-2012, 03:29 PM
that's different. Bron plays the role of a pg more than the actual pg on his team. Does Dwight take jump shots? NO. How often does a forward lead the team in assists?

The offense runs through Lebron, that does not make him a PG.

mngopher35
12-26-2012, 03:33 PM

All you do is bash Lebron and his fans quoting a few of the homers over and over again. Anyone could do this for most superstars and there would be ridiculous things said (kobe fans do it all the time yet you tend to ignore those posts, why?). Why don't you try and ignore the obvious homers if they bother you so much? I think you have the ability to actually talk basketball, but you tend to ruin it by focusing on what a couple homers say.

Money_23
12-26-2012, 03:35 PM
The offense runs through Lebron, that does not make him a PG.

there's a reason people call him a point-forward instead of just "small forward". He handles the ball most of the time.... he's not a pg, i didn't say he was, but he plays the pg role more than Chalmers.

Hellcrooner
12-26-2012, 03:37 PM
if my *** dumped gold instead of crap would miners dig into my w.c?

nickdymez
12-26-2012, 03:41 PM
I second that :D

|
|
|
_
v

Look how stupid and emotional this guy is. Im on his "list" because he belives i dont know how the Lakers got Kobe... lmfao :facepalm:

Chronz
12-26-2012, 03:42 PM
2nd

ManRam
12-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Probably 2nd. PGs after Magic kind of drop off quickly. No disrespect to Oscar.

nickdymez
12-26-2012, 03:45 PM
All you do is bash Lebron and his fans quoting a few of the homers over and over again. Anyone could do this for most superstars and there would be ridiculous things said (kobe fans do it all the time yet you tend to ignore those posts, why?). Why don't you try and ignore the obvious homers if they bother you so much? I think you have the ability to actually talk basketball, but you tend to ruin it by focusing on what a couple homers say.

I can talk basketball all night, but not on PSD. There are probably like 5 posters on this site that are actually objective and none of them are in the NBA forum. And I dont ignore the Kobe fans, you people read what you want from some people and in the process have a bias against my posts. I dont really care so i just go with the flow around here.

nickdymez
12-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Probably 2nd. PGs after Magic kind of drop off quickly. No disrespect to Oscar.

All time? Can you really argue that? 2nd?

b@llhog24
12-26-2012, 03:59 PM
After Magic and maybe Oscar depending on how I'm feeling that day. He's actually probably ahead of the Big O though.

nickdymez
12-26-2012, 04:02 PM
After Magic and maybe Oscar depending on how I'm feeling that day. He's actually probably ahead of the Big O though.

Ahead of Stockton, Thomas, Nash, Kidd. TRUE point guards? You have Lebron over those guys?

Hellcrooner
12-26-2012, 04:03 PM
he is not even the best sf to play Point forward.

Bird> Lebron.

bucketss
12-26-2012, 04:03 PM

if you don't agree lebron sucks and is overrated you're a lebronitnite and he won't take anything you say seriously. he hates lebron so much

kozelkid
12-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Ahead of Stockton, Thomas, Nash, Kidd. TRUE point guards? You have Lebron over those guys?

Who cares whether they're "TRUE pgs." The term is based on arbitrary reasons. Would you take Pau Gasol over Dirk because he's a "true" big man? :rolleyes:

Lebron is a better overall BASKETBALL PLAYER than each player you listed. That's all that matters.

bgdreton
12-26-2012, 04:04 PM
This is a dumb uslessless argument. It solely depends on how you personally want your team to run. I.E. If you have stockton or Nash you would have a pass first pg who makes your offense very efficient. Where as if you wanted a big pg ie lebron who is a very good passer not elite for his size then you would take that. Lebrons god given athletic ability creates passing lanes for him, ppl over commit to help on him all the time most of his passes are standard plays because the defense gave you that option. I'm no knocking lebron but as a true pg there are ppl better than him.

ManRam
12-26-2012, 04:06 PM
All time? Can you really argue that? 2nd?

Why not? And unlike you, I'll actually make an argument!

Magic is #1.

Then it comes down to Oscar, Stockton and Zeke. I don't think anyone sniffs LeBron.

LeBron has been the clear best player in the league at least for a few seasons. If you disagree, that's fine. At the very least he has 3 MVPs. Oscar has 1. Zeke and Stockton have none. Those guys were never the consensus best players in the NBA, besides Oscar maybe once (I don't think so).

Isiah is the only one to win 2 championships. Oscar won 1. Stockton never did.

Thing is, Isiah was a tremendous passer, but gets BLOWN out of the water in every other regard by Bron. He was a wildly inefficient scorer. Frankly, I think Zeke is one of the more overrated players ever. Great passer, ridiculously inefficient scorer.

Stockton had Zeke's passing skills, plus the ability to score efficiently and was a superior defender. But he never won. You're a Kobe fan, so clearly zero rings means he's garbage. I rank Stockton over Zeke.

And then there is Oscar. Oscar statistically is the closest thing to LeBron...but LeBron still trumps him.

LeBron's trumps Oscar pretty easily in PER, TS%, eFG%, TRB%, AST%, STL%, BLK%, and WS/48. Even their per game stats, Oscar only leads significantly in assists. LeBron literally does just about everything as good or better than O, besides passing (and it's close).

None of them had seasons in their primes nearly as good as LeBron's. LeBron's got a ring, 3 MVPs, 8 consecutive AS games, 4 1st team all-defense etc. His accolades are better than those guys' as well.

Explain to me how he wouldn't be, please. I think it's pretty obvious.

EDIT: You started talking about "true" PGs. Never mind. You won't get it.

Either way, this is a dumb thread. He's not a PG. One of the most versatile offensive players, and often acts as a "point guard", but this isn't worth debating.

nickdymez
12-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Who cares whether they're "TRUE pgs." The term is based on arbitrary reasons. Would you take Pau Gasol over Dirk because he's a "true" big man? :rolleyes:

Lebron is a better overall BASKETBALL PLAYER than each player you listed. That's all that matters.

Wow, so all of a sudden this thread turned into a "Who is a better basketball player, and in turn, better pg". Thats the silliest thing i've ever heard. Lebron is also a better basketball player than Dwight Howard, does that make him a better center?

Also, your Dirk and Pau example fails because THEY PLAY THE SAME POSITION!:facepalm:. The question here pretty much is "Is Lebron (a sf) better than most pg's just because he has good court vision and above average passing abilities for a sf".

nickdymez
12-26-2012, 04:12 PM

Magic is #1.

Then it comes down to Oscar, Stockton and Zeke. I don't think anyone sniffs LeBron.

LeBron has been the clear best player in the league at least for a few seasons. If you disagree, that's fine. At the very least he has 3 MVPs. Oscar has 1. Zeke and Stockton have none. Those guys were never the consensus best players in the NBA, besides Oscar maybe once (I don't think so).

Thing is, Isiah was a tremendous passer, but gets BLOWN out of the water in every other regard by Bron. He was a wildly inefficient scorer. Frankly, I think Zeke is one of the more overrated players ever. Great passer, ridiculously inefficient scorer.

Stockton had Zeke's passing skills, plus the ability to score efficiently and was a superior defender. But he never won. You're a Kobe fan, so clearly zero rings means he's garbage. I rank Stockton over Zeke.

And then there is Oscar. Oscar statistically is the closest thing to LeBron...but LeBron still trumps him.

LeBron's trumps Oscar pretty easily in PER, TS%, eFG%, TRB%, AST%, STL%, BLK%, and WS/48. Even their per game stats, Oscar only leads significantly in assists. LeBron literally does just about everything as good or better than O, besides passing (and it's close).

None of them had seasons in their primes nearly as good as LeBron's. LeBron's got a ring, 3 MVPs, 8 consecutive AS games, 4 1st team all-defense etc. His accolades are better than those guys' as well.

Either way, this is a dumb thread. He's not a PG. One of the most versatile offensive players, and often acts as a "point guard", but this isn't worth debating.

Im not big into advanced stats obviously, but do they take into account position, system, etc? Because how can you give me "per, ts, w/s, etc" of two players that have completely different roles on their respective teams? You guys just cant throw advanced stats out blindly to win an argument. come on now. Dont ask me why I dont "debate" things with you people and all I ever see are advanced stats that tell barely half the story.

**Edit**

Read your whole post and agree that this is a stupid thread. But all of these hypothetical situations for Lebron are stupid to me. "Can Lebron be the first player coach since Russel?" type **** is annoying.

bucketss
12-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Wow, so all of a sudden this thread turned into a "Who is a better basketball player, and in turn, better pg". Thats the silliest thing i've ever heard. Lebron is also a better basketball player than Dwight Howard, does that make him a better center?

Also, your Dirk and Pau example fails because THEY PLAY THE SAME POSITION!:facepalm:. The question here pretty much is "Is Lebron (a sf) better than most pg's just because he has good court vision and above average passing abilities for a sf".

lebron doesn't have the size and game to play center but he does of the size and game to play pg im starting to think maybe you're not a troll but just someone who doesn't know ishhh about basketball.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-26-2012, 04:13 PM
best ever

nickdymez
12-26-2012, 04:16 PM
lebron doesn't have the size and game to play center but he does of the size and game to play pg im starting to think maybe you're not a troll but just someone who doesn't know ishhh about basketball.

I guess you werent around here when there were like 6 pages of your Lebron nation saying that Lebron could play the whole year at center and make all nba first team at center. So keep saying I know "nothing" about basketball, im just quoting what I see from the Lebron nation

b@llhog24
12-26-2012, 04:17 PM

Can you say why I shouldn't?

he is not even the best sf to play Point forward.

Bird> Lebron.

Except that's not the thread question.

Miltstar
12-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Kind of a stupid question. Lebron rarely plays pg. He has the ability to play any position on the floor but mostly plays sf/pf where he can better use his size and athleticism and rebounding. You only use him at pg or c if you think it creates a mismatch that will be hard for your opponent to defend. His natural position is sf so IMO if ur ranking him solely on one position that's where he belongs.

ManRam
12-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Im not big into advanced stats obviously, but do they take into account position, system, etc? Because how can you give me "per, ts, w/s, etc" of two players that have completely different roles on their respective teams? You guys just cant throw advanced stats out blindly to win an argument. come on now. Dont ask me why I dont "debate" things with you people and all I ever see are advanced stats that tell barely half the story.

**Edit**

Read your whole post and agree that this is a stupid thread. But all of these hypothetical situations for Lebron are stupid to me. "Can Lebron be the first player coach since Russel?" type **** is annoying.

They're pretty universal stats that try balance things out, adjust for rate and be used to compare players across all positions. That's the point. The discrepancy between what Zeke did in his career and what LeBron has done in his have nothing to do with "system", "roles", etc. It has to do with talent.

I don't care if LeBron plays "true PG", SF, Center or whatever, he's twice the player Zeke ever was. In a "true PG" position he has shown he can pass as well as Zeke and Oscar. His assist percent (rate-adjusted stat that shows what percent of teammate's FGs are assisted by that player...a great way to compare how prominent and important someone's passing is) is right in their range.

LeBron's role on his teams have been as big, if not bigger, than any of those PGs, even though he's not a "true PG". His usage rate is way higher than the rest of those. Playing PG, something he essentially did during his entire career in Cleveland, isn't going to change those stats. Not at all.

bucketss
12-26-2012, 04:21 PM
I guess you werent around here when there were like 6 pages of your Lebron nation saying that Lebron could play the whole year at center and make all nba first team at center. So keep saying I know "nothing" about basketball, im just quoting what I see from the Lebron nation

Yeah because all lebron supporters have the same opinions on lebron. i should coin a new nickname for kobe fans that are obsessed with lebron.

I Rock Shaqs
12-26-2012, 04:25 PM
there's no official position called point-forward... no one says: "who's the greatest point-forward of all time" ............:facepalm:

Already tell you one of them box score geeks who never been out on the street playing real ball.

I Rock Shaqs
12-26-2012, 04:27 PM
there's a reason people call him a point-forward instead of just "small forward". He handles the ball most of the time.... he's not a pg, i didn't say he was, but he plays the pg role more than Chalmers.

LMAO I'm crackin' up over here, you just insulted me because I said he was a point-forward then you trying to defend yourself saying he's a point-forward. LOL!

Green_Monster
12-26-2012, 04:38 PM

Honestly, you call a guy out for saying something, then say the same thing?

LMAO I'm crackin' up over here, you just insulted me because I said he was a point-forward then you trying to defend yourself saying he's a point-forward. LOL!

Just ignore him.

topdog
12-26-2012, 04:40 PM
People have to realize that if he did indeed play PG full-time that his stats would change and he'd be putting more effort into bringing the ball up and defending than he does now (which can be assumed to adversely affect his stats).

I think he would be a good PG, but there is not a large enough sample size to even postulate where he would rank at the position all-time.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Greatest pg of all time.

However, the heat can't afford to have him as pg because of the lack of size.
So we don't have the luxury of ever witnessing that, and I believe lebron despises being called a pg for some reason..

I forgot magic played center:facepalm:

kozelkid
12-26-2012, 04:43 PM

What exactly makes him unable to play PG?

He's as fast as almost any PG in the league both laterally and down the court. He has the vision as good as almost any pg and the ballhandling skills of any pg.

Yes, he can and HAS played pg at times, so no, you are wrong. Much like MJ who also played the role of pg in stretches. No, he obviously didn't play it most of his career, but when he did (i.e. during stretches in the 89 season), he still dominated and averaged 10+ apg during some of those stretches. What's my point to all of this? Elite perimeter players like Lebron, MJ and even Kobe, can play multiple positions and still be one of the game's best at those respective positions even if it isn't their natural position.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-26-2012, 04:45 PM
I forgot magic played center:facepalm:

.... excuse me?
he could play center, and he did when kareem was out, but youre telling me he played other positions like how lebron is asked to do for the heat? LOL

are you sure about that????? haha

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-26-2012, 04:47 PM
would be interesting to see how lebron would play if he were a pg throughout his career.

Phenomenonsense
12-26-2012, 05:20 PM
.... excuse me?
he could play center, and he did when kareem was out, but youre telling me he played other positions like how lebron is asked to do for the heat? LOL

are you sure about that????? haha

He was saying Lebron was not the greatest PG of all time because Magic is.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-26-2012, 05:28 PM

This. Miami fans will claim he could be a top 3 qb in the nfl.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-26-2012, 06:01 PM

of course magic is the best pg of all time.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-26-2012, 06:01 PM
This. Miami fans will claim he could be a top 3 qb in the nfl.

oh ok.

Chronz
12-26-2012, 06:08 PM
People have to realize that if he did indeed play PG full-time that his stats would change and he'd be putting more effort into bringing the ball up and defending than he does now (which can be assumed to adversely affect his stats).

I think he would be a good PG, but there is not a large enough sample size to even postulate where he would rank at the position all-time.
Does his defensive responsibility change that much? I think any team with Bron on it, tries to utilize his versatility as much as possible. That said, I dont like Bron as a PG more than Bron as a PointForward. He can act like Magic on occasion but his scoring is too valuable to suppress and hes not as intuitive as Magic when it comes to passing.

But if need be, Im sure teams could do what LA did with Magic on occasion by hiding him on a non-scoring threat to provide help. Only Bron is actually a far superior defender.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-26-2012, 06:27 PM
of course magic is the best pg of all time.

You just said lebron would be if he was labeled pg.

3RDASYSTEM
12-26-2012, 08:23 PM

Magic is #1.

ZEKE had more game than NASH/STOCKTON
He could drop 10-15dimes but could also drop 30, even 25 in a qtr....quit saying someone is overrated because of 'efficiency'..its like boosting someone up or down because of a ring, game is game, regardless if its at a 50pct fg or a 40pct fg, you have to see the roster talent to figure it all out on pct and how player is gameplanned for

ZEKE beat BIRD/MAGIC/JORDAN....STOCKTON lost to JORDAN
not saying thats end of all end, but ZEKE got it done on more than 1 occasion, and JORDAN was on his A(prime)game when he got his *** handed to him by ZEKE/CO.

How can STOCKTON be better individual player than ZEKE based on PER or efficiency, STOCKTON couldnt drop 30 in a do or die game(it wasnt his game ,not in his DNA), or 25 in a qtr like ZEKE could
Now STOCKTON could hit a clutch bucket, but if MALONE needed another 25-30pt scorer it wasnt STOCKTON, ZEKE could fit that bill

bball guards are best when they can score/playmake equally, ZEKE was miles better than STOCKTON with both combined, he could take over a game with buckets when it mattered most...STOCKTON couldnt

everybody on here suck JORDAN/MAGIC/BIRD dick and he beat'em all in a series

i'll take KIDD/ZEKE over STOCKTON/NASH anyday in any era

STOCKTON nice,but hes overrated on psd...I have to admit his carrying/cuffing the ball to make that zip pass to MALONE is legendary, he was carrying the ball and nobody ever said **** about it his entire career, i guess he was watching/studying And1/parkball on the low....soon as the And1 ballers came in the league(MARBURY/KOBE/AI) carrying was called at alltime high rates, STOCKTON was the downlow ringleader

STOCKTON was steady/reliable/tough and he competed hard night in and out from what i watched, so he good in my book, i'll just take KIDD/ZEKE over him

No order
KIDD/MAGIC/ZEKE/O.ROB - PG's

to me players like K.JOHNSON,PAYTON and a few others are underrated when speaking on top pg's to lace'em up

BRON/PIPP -PointForwards

Did BIRD bring ball up alot or just ran the PG via halfcourtsets? if he did then add him to list because he put up like 6apg for career

as individual player i'd give him nod over KIDD(its close), and i feel MAGIC/ZEKE are on his level gamewise, and after watching the rosters they played with over time....edge goes to BRON,easily

he did more with less in CAVSLAND, and now look at him with equal roster talent that ZEKE/MAGIC had....2 for 2 and on pace for a 3rd straight FINALS app....sounds alot like MAGIC rookie yr champ style roster right? MAGIC is good but had he gone to CHI like he supposed to have i feel all this bs talk about making mates 'better' would have been just what i said, a bunch of bs

it hasnt been 1player in history of sports to make another player better in live games, maybe offseason training together to max out each others ability and improve on weaknesses...but only thing i've seen is a guy drawing a double/triple team and kicking it out to open mate and hoping he makes a noncontested shot

thats called making the game 'easier' for your mates, not making them 'better' as players

GoferKing_
12-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Kobe, Webber, KG, Pierce, all of them are PG's, they had the ball for the most mins in evey game, so they are PG's.xD

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-27-2012, 12:35 AM
You just said lebron would be if he was labeled pg.

have you heard of sarcasm?
why do you think i havent even acknowledged the other thread yet? :confused: