PDA

View Full Version : Would your team trade for Jazz Starter?

RyanStorm
12-26-2012, 12:19 AM
I want to know if you think your favorite team(or any team you can think of), that you believe would trade their PG or SG, for Utah Jazz's Paul Millsap and/or Al Jefferson?(I guess they could be traded for 2013 or 2014 1st round picks).

Right now Jazz have 4 guys on the bench ready to be starters who will become great athletes that are priceless 1st rounders from last two drafts. We are missing a PG to join them, not to mention a starting PG for right now. Before Mo Williams injury, we were already looking for a bench PG to join this group of future starters.

The trading opened on Dec 15, and will be open till February 21st I think. Paul and Al will go FA this summer unless we trade them and each of them are high valued assets that are worth almost anyone in the NBA(15mil and 9mil).

We also have Randy Foye, Marvin Williams and Raja Bell who we also would potentially trade(Bell will be gone the second someone asks for him, and Marvin is the only starter who won't go FA this year)(All 3 of our PG's including Mo Williams will also be FA at the end of this season). Pretty much everyone except our draft picks over the last 3 years, will be FA this year except Marvin.

With or Without Mo Williams, I am looking into what teams need guys like Al and Paul, and especially of those teams, the ones with solid point guards. I am sure the Jazz are looking, but I am curious to see who we might actually get.

My dream...well maybe Houston trading Lin for Al Jefferson, or sending him back to Minnesota for Rubio. He wants to go to boston, but they ain't gonna get rid of Terry or Rondo. I would like Westbrook and thought OKC might not want westbrook. I honestly really wanted Lillard from Utah's Weber State or Jimmer Freddette from BYU(only cause everyone loves him here).

bucketss
12-26-2012, 12:31 AM
yeah take jose calderon.

DeRaptor95
12-26-2012, 12:33 AM
yeah take jose calderon.

This. And throw in bargnani as a filler

c.c.
12-26-2012, 12:34 AM
We keeping Lin. Y'all can have Douglas and 2nd round pick though. Deal?

numba1CHANGsta
12-26-2012, 12:52 AM
Gasol for Millsap and Mo Williams

RyanStorm
12-26-2012, 01:18 AM
I think the Jazz's best shot would be getting Fredette, mainly cause Kings are needing a change. I just know that half of all Jazz fans(at least Mormon fans) will flip out if we get him, making our crowd even louder.

I think Mo is great, and so is Tinsley. I just think we need to find better options, and being able to pick which PG will fit with our future starters is vital to building a team, especially since the PG is usually the leader.

I know Millsap is going to be a great bargining chip(Marvin, Al and Foye are also great assets). I thought since Kings are gonna be a 6th-7th last place, they are gonna have a 1st round pick for sure. I thought Utah might get Fredette and that 1st round pick for Paul and someone else like Watson and/or Bell. Or do this same thing with a low win team who can trade a player now and a 1st round pick(draft picks are what Jazz really want, its how we built our team).
Calderon and Toronto might be this team, cause they are looking at a nonplayoff spot, which means we could do a big bargin to get Calderon and their draft pick. I wouldn't mind Lowry also :)

Do you think Lowry and Claderon with 1st round pick for Paul, Al and Bell(with maybe Watson)?? Nevermind, I don't think Lowry is gonna be an option, unless Raptors want to rebuild starting with a big Jazz trade, cause we have plenty to offer.

bucketss
12-26-2012, 01:23 AM
I think the Jazz's best shot would be getting Fredette, mainly cause Kings are needing a change. I just know that half of all Jazz fans(at least Mormon fans) will flip out if we get him, making our crowd even louder.

I think Mo is great, and so is Tinsley. I just think we need to find better options, and being able to pick which PG will fit with our future starters is vital to building a team, especially since the PG is usually the leader.

I know Millsap is going to be a great bargining chip(Marvin, Al and Foye are also great assets). I thought since Kings are gonna be a 6th-7th last place, they are gonna have a 1st round pick for sure. I thought Utah might get Fredette and that 1st round pick for Paul and someone else like Watson and/or Bell. Or do this same thing with a low win team who can trade a player now and a 1st round pick(draft picks are what Jazz really want, its how we built our team).
Calderon and Toronto might be this team, cause they are looking at a nonplayoff spot, which means we could do a big bargin to get Calderon and their draft pick. I wouldn't mind Lowry also :)

Do you think Lowry and Claderon with 1st round pick for Paul, Al and Bell(with maybe Watson)?? Nevermind, I don't think Lowry is gonna be an option, unless Raptors want to rebuild starting with a big Jazz trade, cause we have plenty to offer.

we don't have 1st rounder this year unless we're bad enough to be top 3 which we probably wont be. other than that okc has our pick

RyanStorm
12-26-2012, 01:31 AM
Oh, well, Calderon is still nice. I am just saying there is probably a team with a great PG who might also have a 1st round pick, this is they type of team we need to look into first.
I mean even a trade with Portland for Lillard would be a great idea, I think they are gonna go for someone young like him. The only problem is, we need to find a team who lacks a PF or Center(or both). If we could really get one amazing player, I would shoot for it. Although I think were looking for someone who "will" be an all-star like favors, who we can put on the bench with our future starters, till we finally decide to make them our real starters.

As long as Mo is around he will be our starter, but we might not have him next year, so having someone like Calderon would be awesome! I wish we would have kept devin harris, marv is cool, but if we had him instead of Tinsley, we would be better off(unless marvin has his best season this year).

Raye
12-26-2012, 01:34 AM
Even tho he's not a starter Favors for Bynum would be a wish come true

RyanStorm
12-26-2012, 01:40 AM
There are countless oppurtunities. I just didn't know what we can actually get. I think the Jazz plan to keep all their 1st round picks, cause they are all good(enough), and wanted them to slowly build up over time, like what they did with Paul(who is the last man from the old era.

But if there is some player who is like 4-5 years in and established, I am sure the Jazz would trade. I just don't know if an injured player is worth trading. I am sure Bynum would be a great addition to the Jazz, but I rather trade Millsap or Jefferson.

Jarvo
12-26-2012, 01:56 AM
I would LOVE to see Jefferson or Millsap in a Spurs uni :pray:

DeyAce
12-26-2012, 02:04 AM
Jefferson or Millsap to replace Boozer would be nice

WhiteSoxGod
12-26-2012, 02:20 AM
Millsap on the Rockets would be amazing. The Rockets are starting to look better than most thought.

Da_Future_knick
12-26-2012, 02:26 AM
Not sure if this would work but
Evans and Jimmer plus fillers for Al?
Then The Kings could trade Cousins to the Bucks For Jennings ?
I honestly don't know, just speculating.

LAKobeBryant
12-26-2012, 02:31 AM
you have a lot of players you want....lin, rubio, rondo, terry, westbrook, lillard, jimmer

Jumba
12-26-2012, 02:37 AM
As a Jazz fan, **** no to Jimmer.

The goods
12-26-2012, 03:05 AM
They need to make Some deals their front court is so loaded that it back fires on themthey have Jefferson, milsap, kanter, and another quality big I think and all of them need minutes in order to produce so maybe trade 1 or 2 for a star or something personally I might give up Pau for Milsap, Mo, and a draft pick

RyanStorm
12-26-2012, 12:41 PM
I am just thinking of potential PG's that we could use. I just said Terry cause reports say that Al as said he would take any offer from Celtics, cause its his original home in the NBA.

I know the Jazz have wanted Fredette, cause he has a huge fan base from BYU!
If stupid lame, season floppers of Golden State, wouldn't have been such a crap team, Utah would have had a top 1st round pick in which we would have picked Weber States Lillard or some one as good like Golden States pick of Barnes(he should have been ours!!...(you mean people, Jazz could have flopped the 1st round playoffs, but we didn't, pride is more important than killing a season for a better draft pick, even if your 8th in the playoffs and have no chance at beatin #1 seed).

Honestly I like the idea of getting Calderon. Ever since I heard about it, the more I want him. He is getting just as many assits as Deron Williams and I think could replace him on this team. I would like to see a shoot around with out bench to see how they work. Although I want a man who can also play defense and get steals and not just Assists(points are just luxury with PG's who open up spots for others).

I just know that Millsap and Al are easily the most underrated players when it comes to All Star material, I know that almost every team could use Millsap, and those lacking a great C, would love Jefferson(I mean they are our current legacy).
If circumstances were different, and a team like Houston had Millsap, or a team like Toronto had Al and or Paul, they would make the world of a difference.
I just think there time here is done not just because of the contract issues, mainly because a winning team has a great combo in the PG and PF positions(OKC, Houston, Celtics) and Favors/Hayward/Kanter are so good, that Tinsley has been good enough for them to win games(I could only imagine a guy like Calderon coming in).
I just know we need a new starter PG and a new Bench PG, cause even if we do keep Mo and resign him past this year, we can bench Foye(or throw him in for an overall deal that could be a 4-5 team trade) and have Mo be our shooting guard and our Captain. A guy like Mo should be our shooting guard, he is like the lebron for Miami. He is the guy who shoots the final shot(and he did, getting us a win against, at the time #1 west seed, Spurs)

jd25213
12-26-2012, 12:46 PM
You can take D-Will back :laugh2:

Ty_Lawson
12-26-2012, 01:43 PM
i would trade Iggy for Al.

king4day
12-26-2012, 01:53 PM
For the Suns, no. We need to be sellers.
Besides, even if we wanted to, Dragic is the only real option that would make sense for them and that would set us back since we'd have no one to play with either of them.

Teams like Toronto or Milwaukee could might make sense for Jefferson depending on the direction they want to go in.

shep33
12-26-2012, 03:18 PM
They need a pg. Calderon seems like the best available option. Problem is Toronto doesn't need anymore PF's.

MiamiBoy77
12-26-2012, 03:32 PM
I could see Jeff to SA for like Green and Neal

Aleksandar
12-26-2012, 03:33 PM
If I was Utah, I would keep Millsap. Dump Al Jefferson anywhere..

Lakers + Giants
12-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Duhon, Hill and Jamison for Millsap.

DeyAce
12-26-2012, 03:50 PM
As a Jazz fan, **** no to Jimmer.

Your sig is awesome

Jumba
12-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Your sig is awesome

Thanks man!:clap: