PDA

View Full Version : OKC Will Never Win With Westbrook

sammyvine
12-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Book it.

They will get to the finals, wc finals but will always come up short.

Makes too many dumb players and takes too many shots away from Durant and Martin.

Skip Bayless may be right. Westbrook great player but not a good fit for THUNDER TO WIN A TITLE.

Kashmir13579
12-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Skip Bayless is right like a broken clock is right. This thread is dumb, but know that when you reference Skip Bayless you instantly lose any form of credibility.

Nick O
12-25-2012, 10:07 PM
are you skip bayless?

sammyvine
12-25-2012, 10:10 PM
are you skip bayless?

No.

He is an idiot but he has been right about that topic i think.

Jint.
12-25-2012, 10:11 PM
consider is booked..!

LakersKB24
12-25-2012, 10:17 PM
He did take some unnecessary shots. That tech at the end was beyond stupid though. It cost them their last chance to go to OT. I think they still had one timeout left and who knows, maybe Bosh would have missed his FTs, much more likely than Ray Allen missing a technical FT...

bucketss
12-25-2012, 10:24 PM
what if they face a team with a similar issue?

Greedy22
12-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Book it.

Makes too many dumb players and takes too many shots away from Durant and Martin.

Skip Bayless may be right. Westbrook great player but not a good fit for THUNDER TO WIN A TITLE.

What?

Guppyfighter
12-25-2012, 10:26 PM
A lot of Wrestbrook's problem is that he is not playing in his natural position and Scott Brooks coaching ability.

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Agreed, way to reckless. He makes a lot of careless mistakes down the stretch and doesn't run a legitimate offense.

They should strongly consider moving him to SG and drafting/signing a PG that can give the ball to the best offensive player in the world on a regular basis. It might also reduce his mistakes. Its a win win situation imo.

joseph aka Jman
12-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Trade him for James Harden :shrug:

c.c.
12-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Trade him for James Harden :shrug:

They can have Lin but not Harden

TheNumber37
12-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Westbrook needs to play off the ball and focus on scoring.
I always thought they needed a guy like Nash/Kidd to run the show.
they should look into a vet Pg. Andre Miller?

They should keep Westbrook unless their trading for CP3, Rose or Irving.

TylerSL
12-25-2012, 10:46 PM
....this is fail....

Just because they lost to a team like Miami who has been there, done that when it comes to really really big games doesnt mean much. All it means is they are not as good as Miami yet. Durant and Westbrook are both 24 years old and they have a great cast of role players. It may happen this year, it may not. Either way, Thunder are in a great position for years to come. To be honest, the Thunder are ahead of their time anyways. If they win this year, they are winning ahead of schedule. Lebron had to wait his turn, and OKC has to go through Duncan/Pop, Kobe, and CP3 to get to where they want to be.

kobe4thewinbang
12-25-2012, 10:58 PM
I'd be livid too if Wade pulled two questionable plays against me. The first look like a clean block, but after countless whistles being blown for similar (and lesser) contact, Westbrook should've gone to the line for 3 free throws. Temper won't help the Thunder, though.

TylerSL
12-25-2012, 11:05 PM
I'd be livid too if Wade pulled two questionable plays against me. The first look like a clean block, but after countless whistles being blown for similar (and lesser) contact, Westbrook should've gone to the line for 3 free throws. Temper won't help the Thunder, though.

he only touched his wrist after the shot. And that is beside the fact that Perkins pushed Battier down and Wade tripped over Battier. If anything it was a foul on Perk.....

popo85
12-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Yes Russ is a huge chucker i agree there, but they still have a shot. Wish he just attacks to the rim or passes it to KD not that im an OKC but as Westbrook fan since UCLA. The problem is Porkins...

Dade County
12-26-2012, 12:22 AM
Wild Wild West...

He's a very good player & OKC is lucky to have him; what OKC problem is, they have to start Ibaka at the 5 and start Collison or move KD to the 4 (if KD, small ball).

Perkins should be coming off the bench.

305 till I die
12-26-2012, 12:27 AM
Okc needs a big guy that can score in the post. someone like al jeff.

nickdymez
12-26-2012, 12:40 AM
I been saying this for 2 years

Ebbs
12-26-2012, 12:42 AM
"Skip Bayless is right."

All I needed to read to see this thread was a hoax

Yunqn
12-26-2012, 12:56 AM
DERON WILLIAMS FOR RUSSELL WESTBROOK!!

I think the nets need to move some pieces around .. & although i like gerald wallace ..i think they should trade him, get a jj reddick like 2 guard & move joe to the sf..

Westbrook needs to have his own team to play that way or else he will always hold back kevin durant & the thunder from the title..

I think russ needs a mentor & a new coach .. I dnt like the avery fit either for bk..

But for the thunder ..Deron & kd would be magic.. Serge & martin would get the best looks they ever had in their careers..

PleaseBeNice
12-26-2012, 12:57 AM
Move him to SG, bring in Calderon

koreancabbage
12-26-2012, 12:57 AM
******** thread.

They got to the Finals. They just ran into a really good Miami team with all three stars performing.

tredigs
12-26-2012, 01:04 AM
People have said this many times about many different players (who later indeed won that championship). There was a time when there was "no chance Jordan could win a Finals as the leagues top scorer". Yeah...

We shall see. But there's no doubt he could benefit from a bit of CP3ness in his play calling.

Hawkeye15
12-26-2012, 01:40 AM
they seem to be doing ok with Westy at point...

Avenged
12-26-2012, 01:43 AM
I wouldn't say 'never'. Westbrook is a young player with room to improve.. Especially when it comes to things such as decision making - it'll all click eventually. This can be fixed by experience, certain rotations, and adjustments by the coach.

Heck, I do hope he never gets it together though :p That would mean no ships for the Thunder. :p

Jarvo
12-26-2012, 01:51 AM
Skip is right though they should had pulled the trigger on that Westbrook for Rondo trade.

Sactown
12-26-2012, 04:56 AM
Part of leadership is Durant needs to talk to Wessy about him going rogue at the end of games, shows poor leadership and coaching

Bruno
12-26-2012, 06:26 AM
I tend to agree.

but that doesn't mean I don't think westbrook is a fantastic player, he is.

i also acknowledge that I could easily be proven wrong as soon as this june. :shrug:

amos1er
12-26-2012, 06:29 AM
OKC is nothing without Wesbrick...No seriously...they need him...who can they actually replace him with that would keep them at the pace they are at?

LakersKB24
12-26-2012, 07:56 AM
OKC is nothing without Wesbrick...No seriously...they need him...who can they actually replace him with that would keep them at the pace they are at?

Sometimes I wonder if they would have been better off trading Westbrook instead of Harden and putting Harden at the point. Looking at how Harden is performing in an extended role in Houston, he just seems like a better decision maker and he's playing quite efficient.
I'm not saying the Thunder aren't going anywhere with Westbrook, I mean they went to the Finals and they're still a really young team that's only getting better. Harden may have been the better fit though.

RLundi
12-26-2012, 08:02 AM
I don't disagree. I've never been high on Westbrook and it seems like every time I watch him play, he goes 5-20. They should've kept Harden and traded him away.

sammyvine
12-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Westbrook is a star

I just don't think he fits Durant enough. People can talk about all the wins they have had etc...but they will always come up short and never win a ring.

Yesterday he missed a wide open Martin and missed the lay-up. Imagine him doing this in the play offs.

Heediot
12-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Miami is just a bad match-up for them. Theire perimeter oriented games plays to Miami's strength defensively.

The Clippers are also going to give them fits. They squeaked out a win, with Paul playing the worse game of his career. Gotta give OKC credit for throwing Sefo at Paul, although it was clear Paul's energy was bad that night.

If they can avoid these two match-ups they can take the title.

Back to Westbrook. Too streaky and he doesn't have a good bball iq. They could win with him, but it's going to have to be about timing. If he plays good at the right moment then they could be deadly.

sammyvine
12-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Sometimes I wonder if they would have been better off trading Westbrook instead of Harden and putting Harden at the point. Looking at how Harden is performing in an extended role in Houston, he just seems like a better decision maker and he's playing quite efficient.
I'm not saying the Thunder aren't going anywhere with Westbrook, I mean they went to the Finals and they're still a really young team that's only getting better. Harden may have been the better fit though.

I don't think they will ever win a ring.

If they had CP3 at the point or even Harden i think they have a better chance of beating Miami. Harden gets everybody involved and won't miss wide open players like Westbrook does.

sammyvine
12-26-2012, 08:08 AM
Miami is just a bad match-up for them. Theire perimeter oriented games plays to Miami's strength defensively.

The Clippers are also going to give them fits. They squeaked out a win, with Paul playing the worse game of his career. Gotta give OKC credit for throwing Sefo at Paul, although it was clear Paul's energy was bad that night.

If they can avoid these two match-ups they can take the title.

Back to Westbrook. Too streaky and he doesn't have a good bball iq. They could win with him, but it's going to have to be about timing. If he plays good at the right moment then they could be deadly.

Yeah that it is true.

I could be completely wrong and they may win with westbrook!

Alayla
12-26-2012, 08:19 AM
They will be fine people just love to overreact.

2-ONE-5
12-26-2012, 08:58 AM
they are 20-7 and were in the finals last year but yea Westbrook holds them back

ZHawk1123
12-26-2012, 09:24 AM
I've said all along that he should be moved to SG and they should bring in a distributing PG

JasonJohnHorn
12-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Skip Bayless is an idiot. He said that Austin Rivers should have went second in the draft. Seriously?

Westbrook is a unique, unconventional talent. I think he would be better if he moved to SG and somebody else played PG. They could run a rotation like NY, where Kidd plays SG for part fo the game and PG, Westbrooks could do the same to still make sure Martin gets his share of minutes, but they need a quality PG (Calderon anybody?) to do that.

Westbrooks is still very young. He's 24. Does he shoot too much some nights? Yes and no. He is a streaky shooter. Somenights he shoots 20 shots and it is a good idea, other nights, not so much, but like most shoters, he keeps shooting because that's what he does. Miller or Jordan might have had a bad game, but the coahc still put the ball in their hands for the last second shot.

Westbrook does need to learn to defer to Durant. He does need to pass more if he's going to continue to play PG. But to say that this team will never win with him is nothing more than a guess. He is capable of playing a very high level of ball on most nights. On nights when he's off he leans on his teammates.

I don't like Westbrook, but like i said, he is an unconventional talent. So was Jordan. So was Pippen. Phil Jackson worked it out (as did Doug Collins to a lesser degree). Magic was an unconventional player. So was the Big O. And Jason Kidd. And Chris Webber. And Barkley. Sometimes unconventional players win, sometimes they don't. Westbrook is not shooting the ball well this season, but his assists are up nearly 3 a game while his turnovers are actually down.

So yeah, he needs to bring his FG% back up to where it was last season. But he's a great talent that is capable of being a big part fo the reason why this Thunder team might be able to win it all soon, and repeatedly. Whether that happens is as much about chance as it is about talent (injuries and such). Eveyr year there are injuries that change the course of the post season. Rose and Howard last year. Bynum in 08. Perkins in 2010 (as small as that injury might seem, it was huge for the Celtics). Garnett in 09.

Nobody knows if the Thunder will win or how often over the next 3-5 years with this core. Anybody who says they won't doesn't recognize the level of talent that is on that roster. Even if Westbrook is a bitter of a chucker, he does a lot of other things very well.

GoferKing_
12-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Said it all year long and last year, Westbrook for Rondo and OKC are Champs.

Carey
12-26-2012, 10:29 AM
I knew i'd get on here and see at least one thread like this smh...We lost because we had about 4 or 5 empty possessions and 2 of them were on Russ, he made bad decisions but he's grown as a player and a decision maker and he will continue to. I like where we are. Miami is a tremendous team, especially when motivated but the last time i checked they dont play for championship in December.

hugepatsfan
12-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Doesn't matter now that they traded Harden. Westbrook is the only other player on the team besides KD that can be the #1 scorer. Martin can get his points, but he isn't really a #1 scorer that the D as a whole has to work together to stop IMO. If they still had Harden, I think they maybe could have moved Westbrook for help elsewhere, got more of a game manager PG and let Harden be the sidekick to Durant.

On paper, Westbrook and Durant probably isn't a perfect match for the top 2 players. But neither is/was Lebron and Wade. Great players can make it work though.

3RDASYSTEM
12-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Book it.

They can get to the FINALS with WESTBROOK but cant win it? psd be at it early

so by your logic if KD wins the next 3 league MVP's and they get to 4 more FINALS in 5yrs they wouldnt win 1 title because of WESTBROOK but got there because of mainly him and KD?

SKIP may be right? just like he was right about TEBOW? you know the other backup qb who seems to a 3time SUPERBOWL winner if you didnt know any better letting SKIP tell it

the same SKIP who said TEBOW laid the foundation for MANNING/BRONCOS/ELWAY right?

this is why i know people who never have played the game but follow are ****ed up

off topic just a bit but peep game

example: Someone on pregame show other day said that KOBE was being more like a DH type player

MAGIC said: he has '5' rings', c'mon man

See the hype/poppycock spewed from the no1 biggest baddest network on the planet? 5 rings, 5 rings, 5 rings(its a epidemic on here)

then MAGIC said: RONDO has to become a 'superstar', he has to score more..im thinkin to myself its not in his DNA to do that, i've watched RONDO for at least 3yrs so its nothing that he is going to show me, same with MELO/DURANT/CP3/BRON/WADE etc.....your game is your game, anybody can improve a jumpshot or a dribble slightly, but you're not going to go from ROSE shot to shooting like NASH or go from BLATCHE to shooting like DIRK, no way no how,just like NASH wont ever be as explosive as ROSE

my reply: RONDO is who he is MAGIC from day1, go look at his stats, he avg like 11-12ppg last yr, and he avg like 13ppg this yr, he is who he is in what like his 5-7th season? And i get it he improved his scoring, but it wasnt like he avg 9ppg then 18ppg the very next season

it was always moderate gains, llike going from 8 to 9 to 10 to now 13ppg, wow impressive

mjm07
12-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Skip Bayless is right like a broken clock is right. This thread is dumb, but know that when you reference Skip Bayless you instantly lose any form of credibility.

times infinity. :clap:

OKC can certainly win championships with Westbrook.