PDA

View Full Version : The Knicks are good and all but does anyone expect them to win a championship?

RLundi
12-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Perhaps I haven't watched enough games, but all the ones that I've seen is the Knicks just jacking up a bunch of threes and jump shots. Not to take away from Melo, who's been superb, but isn't this a similar situation of the Magic a few years ago? "Live by the 3, die by the 3"? No one took the Magic seriously and said it wasn't gonna work in the postseason, and for the most part it didn't.

Will the same be said for the Knicks: Good regular season team but won't find success in the postseason?

spreadeagle
12-25-2012, 05:15 PM
ya i think they can, it feels like their yr sort of...Maybe cause Lakers have not been great and I dont watch many heat games so im not sure how they have looked, OKC looks deadly this yr tho

Ebbs
12-25-2012, 05:17 PM
No I don't expect it.

I won't count them out though. I expect them to make it a series in the ECF's.

spreadeagle
I also really like KIdd on that team, he was a steal for them

Jarvo
They're not beating The Heat or Boston when it counts.

LTBaByyy
12-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Kidd- Kidd
JR Smith- Terry
Novak- Peja
Melo- Dirk
Felton- JJ Barea
Brewer- Marion
Shumpert- Stevenson
Chandler- Chandler
Camby- Mahinmi
Wallace- Cardinal
Thomas- Haywood
Cope land- Brewer

Same style of players, you never know

Dade County
12-25-2012, 05:21 PM
fans get fooled year after year with this buildup soap-opera.

Becks2307
12-25-2012, 05:24 PM
fans get fooled year after year with this buildup soap-opera.

lol what? the knicks have never been this good

Dade County
12-25-2012, 05:26 PM

I wasn't targeting the knicks with my post, I was talking about how the league builds up contenders & fools the fans year after year.

All in the name of ratings...smh

LOOTERX9
12-25-2012, 05:28 PM
all about who they matchup with in playoffs. the celtics believe it or not will be tough to beat. i'd rather knicks face the heat. i think they can beat the heat in a series. knicks have their number this season

NBAfan4life
12-25-2012, 05:35 PM
If anything it looks like OKC's year this year, or clippers. OKC looks magical though

Kashmir13579
12-25-2012, 05:41 PM
I honestly don't know yet. Amar'e and Shumpert's returns are much anticipated.

RealLiveBear
12-25-2012, 05:46 PM
I wouldn't count them out, but i'm not about to put money on them either.

justinnum1
12-25-2012, 05:47 PM
The large majority of professional analysts dont expect them to make it to the finals...

Mr Haha
12-25-2012, 05:58 PM
I think calling them a good regular season team is ignorant. This team is just so deep. They were built for the grind of the playoffs, physically and mentally.

Mr Haha
12-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Second unit:

Shumpert
J.R. Smith
Novak
Stoudemire
Camby

Minimal
12-25-2012, 05:59 PM
They are gonna bump into a wall, that wall is called HEAT.

VillaMaravilla
12-25-2012, 06:07 PM
These refs are a joke

PacersForLife
12-25-2012, 06:11 PM
I would say Thunder vs. Heat and then my surprise matchup would be NY vs. LAC.

AnthonyTyrael
12-25-2012, 06:14 PM
Knicks are in the discussion but they need to do the next steps. Just look on OKC's development and how fast they've learned, however, there were more teams that had the same amount of talent but did fail in the end.

RLundi
12-25-2012, 06:14 PM
I think calling them a good regular season team is ignorant. This team is just so deep. They were built for the grind of the playoffs, physically and mentally.

Well you haven't seen them in the postseason so how do you know?

Mr Haha
12-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Well you haven't seen them in the postseason so how do you know?

Same to you.

RLundi
12-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Same to you.

... Exactly. That's why I created this thread...?

jam
12-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Perhaps I haven't watched enough games, but all the ones that I've seen is the Knicks just jacking up a bunch of threes and jump shots. Not to take away from Melo, who's been superb, but isn't this a similar situation of the Magic a few years ago? "Live by the 3, die by the 3"? No one took the Magic seriously and said it wasn't gonna work in the postseason, and for the most part it didn't.

Will the same be said for the Knicks: Good regular season team but won't find success in the postseason?

The knicks are solid defensively, but they can't keep up with younger, more athletic teams. They also lack an interior scorer. Amare can provide some of that, but he dings their team defense badly also.

The Knicks do rely heavily on the 3 ball; this will likely work to their disadvantage in the playoffs. Then there's felton, who does his best to shoot the knicks out of every game possible.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Heat-Lakers finals

Da Knicks
12-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Kidd- Kidd
JR Smith- Terry
Novak- Peja
Melo- Dirk
Felton- JJ Barea
Brewer- Marion
Shumpert- Stevenson
Chandler- Chandler
Camby- Mahinmi
Wallace- Cardinal
Thomas- Haywood
Cope land- Brewer

This and don't forget Stat!

bucketss
12-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Kidd- Kidd
JR Smith- Terry
Novak- Peja
Melo- Dirk
Felton- JJ Barea
Brewer- Marion
Shumpert- Stevenson
Chandler- Chandler
Camby- Mahinmi
Wallace- Cardinal
Thomas- Haywood
Cope land- Brewer

:facepalm:

Shawn2timer
12-25-2012, 07:33 PM
They're not beating The Heat or Boston when it counts.

:eyebrow: okay buddy

Shawn2timer
12-25-2012, 07:34 PM
we'll find out once they have Amare and shump back

dee279
12-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Did pigs start flying yet? No? Then No

Enzo
12-25-2012, 07:50 PM
It's all about Amare. If he comes back as the Amare of old and buys into the team concept then the Knicks have a good shot.

TheNumber37
12-25-2012, 07:52 PM
The Knicks are capable, they are now 20-8, way Ahead in their division, with the trailers hovering around 500. They've been playing great and they don't try to take 3s, they just Happen to have Kidd (3rd all time in makes) Jr Smith, Novak, And Melo who can all shoot the 3. Also for the first 10 games or so Brewer was also knocking the corner 3 when he had to.

With such great shooters, and such great passing and spacing created by Melo, the shots are there and they have the shooters to make them..

Please reserve Judgment til at least the all star break, by then they should have Amar'e and Shumpert back (2 of their top 6 players).

justinnum1
12-25-2012, 08:01 PM

depth doesn't mean a whole lot in the playoffs. fans of teams who have been deep in the playoffs know.

Hoopin&Swoopin
12-25-2012, 08:07 PM
depth doesn't mean a whole lot in the playoffs. fans of teams who have been deep in the playoffs know.

You're being "that guy".

*Superman*
12-25-2012, 08:09 PM
I can't see them beating Miami in a series, but they have A LOT of talent and experience. And they are still missing Amare and Shumpert. They are a scary team no doubt, especially when JR Smith is hitting shots that should have him on the bench.

Aust
I expect them to contend.

waveycrockett
No. Too many Old and injury prone players

DrDre94
12-25-2012, 08:14 PM

Besides Amar'e, who else could you definitively classify as "injury-prone"?

BigBlueCrew
12-25-2012, 08:17 PM

Your saying this when you have Blowpez as the cornerstone of your entire team :laugh:

STA_PLAR
12-25-2012, 08:18 PM
The Playoffs are all about Match-Ups. Knicks haven't been this good in a while. But still, as a knick fan, I don't see them beating Miami in the playoffs. Even worse, the way the bulls have outplayed my team I'm not counting them out with a certain flower coming back. Still, you never know the Knicks have a good team and if some way Miami magically loses they may have a chance.

Well see in the playoffs. I think they are a second round team for sure and it depends who they play.

popo85
12-25-2012, 08:18 PM
I agree on the Amare effect also Felton has to stop forcing so many shots he is back under 40% from the field.

SLY WILLIAMS
12-25-2012, 08:20 PM
I think the Knicks have a top 5 chance right now. The playoffs often are about who is healthy and who is hot so its impossible to say so early in the season.

--23--
12-25-2012, 08:28 PM
To the OP, yes they can have success in the postseason with their play style and even win a champion... Dallas did 2 seasons ago and multiple teams had playoff success(as far as advancing to the Conference Finals and Finals).

If their defense and assist numbers as a team get better they would have a great chance.

Heediot
12-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Clippers Knicks finals.

STA_PLAR
12-25-2012, 08:35 PM
^^^Thank you do a bulls fan who is not a hater. People need to talk more basketball and hate less...

Good luck on the season. Bulls defense is vicious.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Don't see them making it past the 2nd round. They're simply not a good playoff squad. Their star has only made it past the first round once in 9 years and their head coach has never made it past the 2nd round.

effen5
12-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Imo, they need an offensive system where they are not reliant on the jumpshot. This will kill them in the playoffs. Hopefully when amare gets back try can get inside more, but if they are relying on the 3 balls, teams who know how to stop them like the bulls will frustrate them.

waveycrockett
12-25-2012, 08:46 PM

Lets see
Amare injury riddled his entire career. Knees made out of jello at this point. Bad back. Bad eye.

Camby injury prone his entire career

Shumpert Blew Out his Knee in just his first year

Rasheed Wallace old and foot problems

Tyson Chandler was rejected from OKC b/c injury

Jason Kidd is old. He played like crap last year because of injuries

Kurt Thomas is 100 years old. He could drop dead any minute.

Raymond Felton is obese.

RLundi
12-25-2012, 08:49 PM

:laugh2:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-25-2012, 08:54 PM
:laugh2:

He's kinda right though. Only about 8 players or so usually get more than 10 minutes a game in the playoffs barring an injury or someone fouling out.

RLundi
12-25-2012, 08:55 PM
He's kinda right though. Only about 8 players or so usually get more than 10 minutes a game in the playoffs barring an injury or someone fouling out.

Lol I wasn't disputing his comment. It was just a funny burn :laugh2:

No offense, Knicks fans :D

waveycrockett
12-25-2012, 08:56 PM

Yep. The Great teams shorten their rotations to as low as 7 depending on fouls. The Mike D suns went only 6 deep!

Jarvo
12-25-2012, 09:04 PM
:eyebrow: okay buddy

Keep doubting Boston.

Jarvo
12-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Clippers Knicks finals.

:laugh:

xxplayerxx23
12-25-2012, 09:11 PM
They have a chance to for sure one of the best in the east

Becks2307
12-25-2012, 09:13 PM
we had kurt thomas playing major mins today, believe me it will be a lot diff when Amare is back

waveycrockett
12-25-2012, 09:25 PM
we had kurt thomas playing major mins today, believe me it will be a lot diff when Amare is back

No it wont because soon after that he will be out again.

Becks2307
12-25-2012, 09:32 PM
No it wont because soon after that he will be out again.

umm ok?

h2r09
12-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Knicks are the definition of a regular season team and i dont even expect them to make it to the ECF let alone the finals.

They have had literally the lowest turnover rate in NBA history to this point, that wont keep up.

They have shot the 3 ridiculously well, too well, and they wont continue to do that with the players who are shooting those 3's.

Like I said a month ago and it has already begun to take shape, they will not keep up what they are doing and they arent more than a good team, not close to a title contender.

With that being said, if Amare can come back and be anything close to what he was in his prime, that might be a different story, but that is a huge if.

Supreme LA
12-25-2012, 11:42 PM
I think the Knicks have a perfect mix of veterans around Melo, Felton, and JR Smith to get them to the Finals. I don't see the Nets, Celtics, or the Heat beating them in a 7 game series.

waveycrockett
12-25-2012, 11:42 PM
Knicks are the definition of a regular season team and i dont even expect them to make it to the ECF let alone the finals.

They have had literally the lowest turnover rate in NBA history to this point, that wont keep up.

They have shot the 3 ridiculously well, too well, and they wont continue to do that with the players who are shooting those 3's.

Like I said a month ago and it has already begun to take shape, they will not keep up what they are doing and they arent more than a good team, not close to a title contender.

With that being said, if Amare can come back and be anything close to what he was in his prime, that might be a different story, but that is a huge if.
Amen

Felton had been playing above his head just starting to hit rock bottom and Brewer also, Kidd playing above his head, JR playing above his head. Rasheed Wallace was hitting 3's like Dirk. They are going to be tasting their own blood very soon.

THE MTL
12-25-2012, 11:45 PM

Lets see
Amare injury riddled his entire career. Knees made out of jello at this point. Bad back. Bad eye.

Camby injury prone his entire career

Shumpert Blew Out his Knee in just his first year

Rasheed Wallace old and foot problems

Tyson Chandler was rejected from OKC b/c injury

Jason Kidd is old. He played like crap last year because of injuries

Kurt Thomas is 100 years old. He could drop dead any minute.

Raymond Felton is obese.

Can you stop with the felton obese jokes. Seriously u know how clothes go out of style like last season. Felt on obese jokes are last season loser! Its time to move on

TylerSL
12-25-2012, 11:50 PM
I dont think they will. It would definately suprise me. Gotta go with Miami in the East until proven otherwise.

waveycrockett
12-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Can you stop with the felton obese jokes. Seriously u know how clothes go out of style like last season. Felt on obese jokes are last season loser! Its time to move on

It's not a joke....unfortunately

h2r09
12-25-2012, 11:57 PM
I think the Knicks have a perfect mix of veterans around Melo, Felton, and JR Smith to get them to the Finals. I don't see the Nets, Celtics, or the Heat beating them in a 7 game series.

I think whenever 2 of the 3 you are putting a mix around are Felton and Smith, you are not going to be doing much beating of anyone in May and June.

h2r09
12-25-2012, 11:58 PM
Amen

Felton had been playing above his head just starting to hit rock bottom and Brewer also, Kidd playing above his head, JR playing above his head. Rasheed Wallace was hitting 3's like Dirk. They are going to be tasting their own blood very soon.

If they were playing guys who had track records of shooting as well as they have that would be 1 thing, but JR Smith is a chucker who shoots low percentages and unless Kidd became 10 years younger and a different kind of player, he is not a ridiculous 3 point threat like he has been early in the year.

J4KOP99
12-26-2012, 12:00 AM
The fat beaver, aka Beetlejuice, must stay within the offense.

bucketss
12-26-2012, 12:04 AM

this is nothing more than wishful thinking.

c.c.
12-26-2012, 12:08 AM
Of course not

jam
12-26-2012, 12:11 AM

Beautiful. 3X as many chuckers to shoot you out of a game, either individually or simultaneously.

The Knicks are going to need an entire ICU wing's supply of respirators by playoff time.

JEDean89
12-26-2012, 12:12 AM
can't judge a team in december, if the knicks are clicking in march, it'll be a nice sign. i don't see anyone else in the east conference other than the heat and knicks that are going anywhere.

h2r09
12-26-2012, 12:15 AM
can't judge a team in december, if the knicks are clicking in march, it'll be a nice sign. i don't see anyone else in the east conference other than the heat and knicks that are going anywhere.

when derrick rose comes back they are a bigger threat in the east than the knicks.

TheMoneyTeam
12-26-2012, 12:18 AM

I think that says more about their franchise than their current team.

yanksrock
12-26-2012, 12:24 AM
Kidd- Kidd
JR Smith- Terry
Novak- Peja
Melo- Dirk
Felton- JJ Barea
Brewer- Marion
Shumpert- Stevenson
Chandler- Chandler
Camby- Mahinmi
Wallace- Cardinal
Thomas- Haywood
Cope land- Brewer

This is what I think.

h2r09
12-26-2012, 12:26 AM
Except Kidd is 2 years older, JR Smith is not close to being as efficient as Terry, Brewer isnt close to Shawn Marion.

Those are 3 pretty big exceptions.

waveycrockett
12-26-2012, 12:29 AM
Except Kidd is 2 years older, JR Smith is not close to being as efficient as Terry, Brewer isnt close to Shawn Marion.

Those are 3 pretty big exceptions.

And Lets not forget Amare is a black hole/chucker/ball stopper/Melo-Killer who specializes in matador defense and will play 30+ minutes a night because of his contract. Dallas never had that.

RaiderLakersA's
12-26-2012, 12:45 AM
Anything is possible.

More-Than-Most
12-26-2012, 12:53 AM
With A hot Melo they can beat anyone

koreancabbage
12-26-2012, 12:55 AM
With A hot Melo they can beat anyone

thats not true. even when he performs in the playoffs, his team still loses

rocket
12-26-2012, 01:05 AM
The large majority of professional analysts dont expect them to make it to the finals...

Yeah Skip Bayless said this!!!

KnickaBocka.44
12-26-2012, 01:12 AM
thats not true. even when he performs in the playoffs, his team still loses

He's never played with this team in the playoffs before so you have no evidence to back that up.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-26-2012, 01:41 AM
when derrick rose comes back they are a bigger threat in the east than the knicks.

Lol no

Hawkeye15
12-26-2012, 01:42 AM
meh, not really, until they make a real playoff drive.

montybeasty
12-26-2012, 02:32 AM
Whatever add my twitter @macjaythegr8

J4KOP99
12-26-2012, 02:35 AM
I'm telling you, the fat beaver will kill them. He's more of a ball hog than Westbrook

GiantsSwaGG
12-26-2012, 02:41 AM
And Lets not forget Amare is a black hole/chucker/ball stopper/Melo-Killer who specializes in matador defense and will play 30+ minutes a night because of his contract. Dallas never had that.

Knicks > Nets thou

petersmagic12
12-26-2012, 02:48 AM
I see alot of knick haters in here. I think they have a shot at the title even though i dont think they are going to win it all.

They do rely heavily on the three ball but if its working why knock it. Its not like they run up and take contested threes for the most part they move the ball around and thats what is there.

There defense will get them through the games they dont hit the three ball and they do have more playoff experience then almost any other team in the league besides maybe Boston. Melo has stepped up his play big time and Felton is looking like his former self and not like the bum in we saw in portland.

Think about it with bostons age, indiana and chicagos injuries and brooklyns inconsistency. who else is competing with the Knicks besides miami. If Amare comes back and clicks off the bench along with shumpert this team is solid. And who ever says depth doesnt mean a whole lot in the playoffs is dumb because it means alot when your team needs someone to step up in case of an injury. So do I expect them to win, no Because OKC and Clippers and Memphis seem to be on another level but they are a matchup problem for miami so it will be an interesting series.

koreancabbage
12-26-2012, 02:59 AM
He's never played with this team in the playoffs before so you have no evidence to back that up.

lol

more likely than not- history repeats itself with Melo and the playoffs or Woodson and the playoffs - same story, different season. None has shown the ability to do it other than Melo having that great run in Denver for that one season - which seems more of an outlier at this moment.

could it be finally that the perennial early playoff disappoint-ers combine to get past their playoff misfortunes?

edit: not hating the knicks but I don't believe they are championship material as of yet. Knicks fans thinking of grandeur and championship when they finally won one playoff game last year. baby steps.

iFYouSeekAmy
12-26-2012, 03:02 AM
I want them to be fully healthy with their players returning before making an assumption or passing judgement. it's only a 'what if' as of now (and it's early)

Becks2307
12-26-2012, 03:05 AM
This Knick team is nothing like the Knick team will be come playoff time with

Amare
Shumpert
Wallace

back playing major roles. Too early to pass judgement, we literally have no idea. Those are three huge pieces, especially considering two of them are starters. Add two starters to any team and it changes the dynamic for good or bad, no one knows right now.

jam
12-26-2012, 03:06 AM
I see alot of knick haters in here. I think they have a shot at the title even though i dont think they are going to win it all.

They do rely heavily on the three ball but if its working why knock it. Its not like they run up and take contested threes for the most part they move the ball around and thats what is there.

There defense will get them through the games they dont hit the three ball and they do have more playoff experience then almost any other team in the league besides maybe Boston. Melo has stepped up his play big time and Felton is looking like his former self and not like the bum in we saw in portland.

Think about it with bostons age, indiana and chicagos injuries and brooklyns inconsistency. who else is competing with the Knicks besides miami. If Amare comes back and clicks off the bench along with shumpert this team is solid. And who ever says depth doesnt mean a whole lot in the playoffs is dumb because it means alot when your team needs someone to step up in case of an injury. So do I expect them to win, no Because OKC and Clippers and Memphis seem to be on another level but they are a matchup problem for miami so it will be an interesting series.

The east is very weak, which is perhaps the knicks' saving grace. Having said that, this team is old and gets destroyed by any young team with legs.

The knicks are very old (they even have a 29 year old rookie!!!!), very injury prone, rely far too heavily on long distance shooting, and don't have an interior scorer.

This team will likely wear down as we get deeper into the season, and into the playoffs.

Becks2307
12-26-2012, 03:09 AM
The east is very weak, which is perhaps the knicks' saving grace. Having said that, this team is old and gets destroyed by any young team with legs.

The knicks are very old (they even have a 29 year old rookie!!!!), very injury prone, rely far too heavily on long distance shooting, and don't have an interior scorer.

This team will likely wear down as we get deeper into the season, and into the playoffs.

Lol unsubstantiated claim.

The Knicks have one "old" player who plays major minutes - Jason Kidd.

Prigioni
Wallace
Camay
Thomas

are bit part players. Who all play less than 15 minutes WITH both Amare and Shumpert out. This OLD argument is ridiculous.

Patrick Ewing33
12-26-2012, 03:13 AM
Why dont we wait and judge after Shump and Amar'e return.

jam
12-26-2012, 03:32 AM
Tsk tsk, shump and amare won't do anything to put the knicks in championship contention. If anything, amare's return will hinder the knicks team defense and hurt their offensive chemistry.

Also, there's nothing "unsubstantiated" about saying the knicks are old. They ARE old, the oldest in the nba and the oldest in nba history at an average age of nearly 33!!!!! Let's break down the roster a bit further:

Your rookie Brewer, is nearly 29!

Kidd is 39 and can't keep up with players his own age, much less players like Lin, CP3 or Rondo.

Amare is 30 but has his knees worked on just about every other week.

Shump is younger but is coming off ACL surgery.

Wallace, Thomas and Camby aren't good for anything more than a few garbage minutes each.

Right now, this team is winning games based on pure desire and defensive effort, at a time when the majority of the league is basically going through an extended training camp, trying to figure out rotations and get some semblance of team chemistry.

A team that relies heavily on 40 year old bigs and three point shooting is not designed to put together a championship run. This is a long, grueling season and the younger legs will win out in a 7 game series. Meaning, the knicks won't get past the heat in the east in a playoff series, much less a top caliber WC team.

NYKnicks4511
12-26-2012, 03:58 AM
Kidd- Kidd
JR Smith- Terry
Novak- Peja
Melo- Dirk
Felton- JJ Barea
Brewer- Marion
Shumpert- Stevenson
Chandler- Chandler
Camby- Mahinmi
Wallace- Cardinal
Thomas- Haywood
Cope land- Brewer

I agree, and have been saying this for a while. Heck, throw Amar'e on that list as well. Who is going to guard that dude if he comes off the bench with a pure scorer's mentality?

waveycrockett
12-26-2012, 04:00 AM

Knicks > Nets thou

Nets>Knicks all day son

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-26-2012, 04:09 AM
Nets>Knicks all day son

Lawl!

NYKnicks4511
12-26-2012, 04:12 AM
Tsk tsk, shump and amare won't do anything to put the knicks in championship contention. If anything, amare's return will hinder the knicks team defense and hurt their offensive chemistry.

Also, there's nothing "unsubstantiated" about saying the knicks are old. They ARE old, the oldest in the nba and the oldest in nba history at an average age of nearly 33!!!!! Let's break down the roster a bit further:

Kidd is 39 and can't keep up with players his own age, much less players like Lin, CP3 or Rondo.

Wallace, Thomas and Camby aren't good for anything more than a few garbage minutes each.

Right now, this team is winning games based on pure desire and defensive effort, at a time when the majority of the league is basically going through an extended training camp, trying to figure out rotations and get some semblance of team chemistry.

A team that relies heavily on 40 year old bigs and three point shooting is not designed to put together a championship run. This is a long, grueling season and the younger legs will win out in a 7 game series. Meaning, the knicks won't get past the heat in the east in a playoff series, much less a top caliber WC team.

How can you say that the leagues best perimeter defender (arguably) and an athletic big man who put up 17 and 8 in his worst season ever ( which was curtailed by injuries and the death of his brother) won't help this team? Will there be a transition period, sure, there probably will be. However it's just plain ignorant to blindly state that getting these two players back won't help put this team which is sitting atop their division, over the top and into championship contention.

Also Copeland is our rookie, and he doesn't play at all. Prigioni, Kurt Thomas, and Camby all play 10-15 mins MAXIMUM per game, give or take a few instances. Sheed was a big factor off the bench for us, and in limited minutes will continue to be big for us.

And I agree that we can't live and die by the three, but our team has so many great shooters that in a 7 game series it won't matter. There will rarely be an instance in which Novak, Melo, JR, Sheed, Felton and company will all be off. Someone will pick up the slack.

NFLNBA
12-26-2012, 04:23 AM
Knicks are for real. They have BLOWN out the Heat twice already and once in Miami without Melo. They are different now because while they do rely on the 3pt shot they have the defense now that can keep them in games when they are not hiting the 3 so that at any moment they can get hot. NBA is all about match-ups and they are a threat to the Heat and anyone really. They have a good roster with a very good starting 5 and a real good scorer off the bech in J R Smith. They shoot the 3 ball great with the 1-4 positions. Chandler is a beast and defensive anchor. Felton is a very good PG. Melo is a Superstar. They have the whole package.

Becks2307
12-26-2012, 04:54 AM

Apart from the fact your attack on my "unsubstantiated claim" completely misses the mark (You aren't even talking about what the same thing I am, go read my original reply)

Rookie Ronnie Brewer? News to me Mr. Basketball Guru.

Again the old players on the Knicks play small roles and will play even smaller ones when they get back. None of our core is old except for Jason Kidd. You act like we are starting a team with 5 players over 35.

Dankster
12-26-2012, 09:20 AM
^^I have no idea why anyone is humoring "jam's" posts, he has to be one of nastiest posters in all of PSD which is saying a lot.

This team hasn't had their roster in full health, I think they should be judged once their team is fully healthy. No one was putting the nail in the coffin with the Lakers a week ago because everyone knew they'd be drastically different with Nash at the helm.

Same thing with the Knicks, they don't have their other All Star in Stoudemire and their young promising defensive wing in Shumpert. That's 40% of the starting lineup that hasn't played one game this year and the team is still at 20-8. If they can figure out the dynamics on how to use these players and hopefully find a way to maximize their efficiency, I cannot see how they won't be a better team in a month than they are at this current moment.

2-ONE-5
12-26-2012, 11:15 AM
I really dont think the Knicks are for real however I am giving em their due at the moment and the benefit that the East is god awful outside of Miami. Gotta see Amare fits in fist but I would imagine that he will start but I still doubt he can defend anyone and it doesnt seem like he fits with their current style of play of nailing 15 3 balls a game. Shumpert is prob more important bcuz of his defense but i hate listenin to Knicks fans praise him like he is Jordan. I wouldnt be surprised if they were stunned in the first round by someone like Chicago or my Sixers (if Bynum is playing).

strahan92osi72
12-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Nets>Knicks all day son

The Knicks are so much better than the Nets it's not even funny. You have no superstars, and no Deron isn't a superstar. You guys would get your doors blown off in the playoffs. I would be chomping at the bit to see your team ina 7 game series.

RyanStorm
12-26-2012, 12:48 PM
I think the real question is, can New York keep this up? Their team has Kidd, who is on his last leg, with a couple others just as old. One small hiccup and they could lose a player or two.
Personally the east has about 8 teams that are easy wins. In the west, its so crazy, we face Houston, Portland, Golden State, OKC, Dallas, LAL, Clippers, and Minnesota on a every other day basis, except when we go big road trips to face Bulls, Miami, NY, Celtics, and then get in on that easy train on east coast.

Could the Knicks do as good if in the NW or SW division? Cause Melo didn't have much luck at Denver.

Beltrans Mole
12-26-2012, 12:57 PM
The Knicks are 20-8 and a 1/2 game behind Miami for the 1st seed in the East. People need to stop acting like the sky is falling. Melo is an MVP candidate and the Knicks defense will only get better once Shumpert comes back. Amare off the bench will be scary. The Lakers were losing and made some shots at the end, got some calls too...good for them.

Money_23
12-26-2012, 01:00 PM
careful don't get your hopes up, they might break your heart in the end.

king4day
12-26-2012, 01:07 PM
They've certainly come back down to earth a bit. However, yesterdays loss was competitive which is a good sign for them.
It'll come down to how they do with Amar'e and Shumpert when they return.

javsvt
12-26-2012, 01:08 PM
I don't know,right now, its good so far. Let the chips fall where they may though. I know we are playing well, and injured players are returning. Interested in seeing how they play together. Amare needs to try to play defense, and add to the potential of the this team, or he will hated in NY.

h2r09
12-26-2012, 01:11 PM
People relying on shumpert need to stop. He was OK as a rookie, nothing special. He was good defensively but he was Ronnie brewer like offensively. He is not a good shooter and expecting him to make an impact coming off that injury so late last year is a little ridiculous. He is not going to be a factor this year

ManRam
12-26-2012, 01:15 PM
My problem with the Knicks are twofold.

1. Their secondary scorers are JR Smith and Raymond Felton. Do I trust them to consistently play smart enough and make enough shots to win 7 game series against great teams? I'm not sure. Melo is great, and the role players all do their part, but I can't trust those two guys to play consistently solid basketball in the playoffs. They can both quickly become liabilities.

2. Their reliance on the three point shot. Yes, they are great at it, but it's still something that can quickly go from strength to insurmountable obstacle.

I really don't think Shump or Amare are going to be world changers either. They should help, but let's not exaggerate their abilities and importance.

D-Leethal
12-26-2012, 01:27 PM

1. Their secondary scorers are JR Smith and Raymond Felton. Do I trust them to consistently play smart enough and make enough shots to win 7 game series against great teams? I'm not sure. Melo is great, and the role players all do their part, but I can't trust those two guys to play consistently solid basketball in the playoffs. They can both quickly become liabilities.

2. Their reliance on the three point shot. Yes, they are great at it, but it's still something that can quickly go from strength to insurmountable obstacle.

I really don't think Shump or Amare are going to be world changers either. They should help, but let's not exaggerate their abilities and importance.

Does a 20-8, 2nd place team need them to be world changers? JR and Felton's scoring responsibility will get pushed back a notch when Amare returns as well.

rhymeratic
12-26-2012, 01:33 PM
I bet you once Amare and Shumpert return people will see this team is LEGIT Championship contenders.

h2r09
12-26-2012, 01:35 PM
I bet you once Amare and Shumpert return people will see this team is LEGIT Championship contenders.

I bet you are overrating shumpert severely and will realize quite quickly again that amare is a liability on one half of the court

Will 2 BE
12-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Anyone else tired of these threads asking the same question week after week?

RLundi
12-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Anyone else tired of these threads asking the same question week after week?

You don't have to post you know.

Will 2 BE
12-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Hey im on my lunch break so why not lol

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-26-2012, 02:05 PM

I would be scared as a Knicks fan when Amare returns.

Knicks have a losing record when Amare and Melo are both in lineup.

D-Leethal
12-26-2012, 02:12 PM

Not under Mike Woodson. Not with Jason Kidd/Felton/Pablo instead of Douglas/Bibby/Baron.

SLY WILLIAMS
12-26-2012, 02:47 PM
There is a lot of parity in the NBA nowadays. There are no Jordan Bulls, Magic Lakers or Bird Celtics to deal with anymore. For anyone to say the Knicks do not have a chance is crazy. In my opinion there are 4-6 teams that could win this season. Maybe more. The only teams I would give an edge right now would be Miami and OKC. The Knicks, Spurs, Grizz, or Bulls could easily show up in the finals depending on injuries and who gets hot. The Knicks are not a lock but neither are any other teams. Even the Lakers could make it if they had more than 2 players (Dwight, Metta) playing defense.

Becks2307
12-26-2012, 02:50 PM

LOL that was with D'antoni, he'll ruin anything.

Beltrans Mole
12-26-2012, 02:52 PM

Are people really exaggerating their returns? I mean Amare can't play D but he's most likely going to come off the bench and provide that "secondary" scoring you previously mentioned.

And while Shumpert may never be the same player after his injury, clearly he will provide energy and defense and will only add to the depth. Plus, he can spell J-Kidd a breather once a while so he's able to play healthy late in the season.

WAYNEBO
12-26-2012, 06:06 PM
Knicks or Heat have slim chances against Thunder or Grizz.

Only way either Eastern Conference team wins a 7-game series is if their superstars get hot at the same time as their safety-valve 3pt shooters.

If NYK can somehow get a pre-2010 STAT to play on the 2nd unit, and get ANYTHING from Shumpert, then I say Thunder/Knicks final with Thunder a HUGE favorite.

Now, if NYK could get home field advantage over Thunder (plausible considering the West is a stonger conference) and play perfect at home (2-3-2 format), but highly unlikely.

Muttman73
12-26-2012, 06:19 PM
I'm sure that lot's of NYK fans do

bucketss
12-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Heat have slim chances against Thunder

thats what everyone promised last year when miami disposed of them in 5 games.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Knicks or Heat have slim chances against Thunder or Grizz.

Only way either Eastern Conference team wins a 7-game series is if their superstars get hot at the same time as their safety-valve 3pt shooters.

If NYK can somehow get a pre-2010 STAT to play on the 2nd unit, and get ANYTHING from Shumpert, then I say Thunder/Knicks final with Thunder a HUGE favorite.

Now, if NYK could get home field advantage over Thunder (plausible considering the West is a stonger conference) and play perfect at home (2-3-2 format), but highly unlikely.

Thunder have ZERO CHANCE against the Heat. They really didn't address any of their deficiencies that they had against the Heat.

And to be honest, the Heat and Thunder are basically the same team, it's just that was it comes down to is that Westbrook chucks it for OKC and LBJ > Durant.

knickfan33
12-26-2012, 06:44 PM
the knicks are doing what the are doing while missing some very valuable players on the roster.

say what ou want about Amare but if you've seen the knicks play in some of these close losses, you would realize that extra scorer would be huge for us on some nights. also, when playing teams like the laker game or the bulls, we could have use his size alot, the knicks need the rebounds and the occasional blocked shot he can provide. not having to play 30 minutes a game can be huge for amare as well, keeping him fresh, so that he can put some energy towards the defensive end, and not spending 30+ a game trying to score.

knicks have gotten killed by the 2 guard in alot of games, shumpert was already one of the leagues top defenders last year, and if he can come back from his injury with that same defensive presence it would be huge for the knicks.

also getting camby and rasheed healthy and in game shape for the playoffs is another big help, knicks are getting klilled on the boards so far this year.

when you look at tht squad healthy you realize how good of a team they can be.

shump,kidd,chandler,brewer,rasheed,camby.. all great defenders

shump,kidd,felton,melo,novak,smith,amare... can all score big points

and felton, melo, smith.. (and hopefully amare).. have all stepped up there densive play under woodson.

plus with players like amare, prigioni, copeland, white, smith(knicks probably wont attempt to move JR, i would in a heartbeat) all holding some trade value, you never know how much this team may be able to improve itself further through trades.

D-Leethal
12-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Yea I think its more like the Thunder don't have a chance for the Heat. I personally don't think OKC makes it out the West again this year.

WAYNEBO
12-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Thunder have ZERO CHANCE against the Heat. They really didn't address any of their deficiencies that they had against the Heat.

And to be honest, the Heat and Thunder are basically the same team, it's just that was it comes down to is that Westbrook chucks it for OKC and LBJ > Durant.

I respectfully disagree. Thunder were like the Heat in 2010. Noobs to the Big Stage and unsure how to exploit their strengths. All but the last blowout game in that series was close.

Ibaka has improved to almost a double double average, Sefo and Collison know their defensive roles, and Kevin Martin plays a solid 15ppg off the bench.

How can this be compared to the under performing Heat, blown out by craptastic teams, with below average DWade, uninspiring 1 and 5 spots, their entire bench, and the heralded sharp-shooter Ray Ray?

If its a rematch of the Finals, they'll take it in 5 -- book it.

Tysons_Beard
12-27-2012, 06:54 PM
dont count us out, were going to play strong basketball when everyone is healthy

Captain Moroni
12-27-2012, 06:54 PM
They are gonna bump into a wall, that wall is called HEAT.

Kinda kicked that wall down twice already ths year. Unless they bump into John Wall in the airport or something.
Its the Bulls that make Knicks fan wary, not the Heat. I would rather play Miami than Chicago any day of the week.

Captain Moroni
12-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Its all about matchps and Miami simply does not match up well with this veteran Knicks squad.

koreancabbage
12-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Kinda kicked that wall down twice already ths year. Unless they bump into John Wall in the airport or something.
Its the Bulls that make Knicks fan wary, not the Heat. I would rather play Miami than Chicago any day of the week.

last time i checked, Melo is your star player and Woodson is your coach. The likelihood that you make it out of the second round, let alone the first round, is against your odds.

you think that regular season matters? I believe Miami lost or got swept by Boston two years ago in the regular season but ended up in the Finals. that likely won't be until the conference finals if the Knicks make it that far. There is a good chance the Heat faces someone else other than NY.

JC_
12-27-2012, 07:09 PM
LOL that was with D'antoni, he'll ruin anything.

If Melo was prepared and not in diva mode last year the Knicks would have had a shot, even with D'antoni.

Lim
12-27-2012, 07:13 PM
I dont expect them to win a chip but they definitely can. especially with a declining wade on the heat. they will have a lot of trouble with OKC though.

Enzo
12-27-2012, 07:14 PM
If Melo was prepared and not in diva mode last year the Knicks would have had a shot, even with D'antoni.

That's absolutely ridiculous and you're obviously just trolling. If you new anything at all about the Knicks last year you would know that Melo was the only legitimate scoring threat on the team. The Knicks were plagued with injuries and had horrible point guards. It would have been a miracle if they got out of that first round with the squad they put out on that floor.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-27-2012, 07:15 PM
I respectfully disagree. Thunder were like the Heat in 2010. Noobs to the Big Stage and unsure how to exploit their strengths. All but the last blowout game in that series was close.

Ibaka has improved to almost a double double average, Sefo and Collison know their defensive roles, and Kevin Martin plays a solid 15ppg off the bench.

How can this be compared to the under performing Heat, blown out by craptastic teams, with below average DWade, uninspiring 1 and 5 spots, their entire bench, and the heralded sharp-shooter Ray Ray?

It was Heat in 2011, not 2010.

And on that Miami team, guys like Wade and Haslem (2006) and LeBron (2007 w/ Cavs) already made the Finals. They knew very well what the big stage was about. It was Miami feeling overconfident and Lebron being scared of the moment while running into a momentum driven Mavs team with a defensive big men in Chandler that turned the tide in that series. The Heat's 2 best players had already been on the big stage.

Last yr's OKC team had only 3 guys who had been to the finals before. Nazr Mohammed with the Spurs in 07, Perk with the C's and Fisher with the Lakers, all role players.

But despite that, I'm telling you, the Heat are not at all worried about OKC.

No team right now in the West team (not Spurs, Clips, OKC) can matchup up to Miami besides one team...and that's the Lakers...because of their 2 skilled big men. The Heat's lack of size and trouble with defensive C's (Chandler, Dwight) is what's going to be their achilles heel. Maybe Memphis can be their toughest opponent due to Marc and Z-Bo, but no one on that squad besides Tony Allen has any finals experience.

The only issue is, can the Lakers themselves make it out of the West to even challenge Miami?

RonE Coleman
12-27-2012, 07:18 PM
It was Heat in 2011, not 2010.

And on that Miami team, guys like Wade and Haslem (2006) and LeBron (2007 w/ Cavs) already made the Finals. They knew very well what the big stage was about. It was Miami feeling overconfident and Lebron being scared of the moment while running into a momentum driven Mavs team with a defensive big men in Chandler that turned the tide in that series. The Heat's 2 best players had already been on the big stage.

Last yr's OKC team had only 3 guys who had been to the finals before. Nazr Mohammed with the Spurs in 07, Perk with the C's and Fisher with the Lakers, all role players.

But despite that, I'm telling you, the Heat are not at all worried about OKC.

No team right now in the West can matchup up to Miami besides one team...and that's the Lakers...because of their 2 skilled big men.

Idk about this... Top to bottom Memphis seems like a much worse matchup for Miami than the Lakers do.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Idk about this... Top to bottom Memphis seems like a much worse matchup for Miami than the Lakers do.

Ya haha, I just edited my post and added that Mmephis can match up to Miami. But because of lack of experience, and also that Bron would dominate Gay like a child, Miami would eventually pull away in 6 or 7.

ATX
12-27-2012, 07:21 PM

Hahahaha, really?

Below average DWade? Perhaps lower than his usual averages, but first, he's been coming off his off-season surgery, and secondly he's taking 3 fewer shots per game. He's still putting up 20 pts, 4 rebs. and 5 assts. His numbers have been steadily rising as he becomes healthier. They also just beat the Thunder for the fifth consecutive time. OKC's style of play plays right into the Heats hands. OKC in 5? Get outta here with that nonsense. Seriously. As for being blown out by "Craptastic" teams, only the Knicks and Grizz blew them out. Miami is 11-3 against the West too. Besides the fact that it's still December, and most teams don't truly rev it up until after the All-Star break. 20-6 is the best start in the Heats franchise history, and LBJ is at the top of his game....

KnickaBocka.44
12-27-2012, 07:24 PM
last time i checked, Melo is your star player and Woodson is your coach. The likelihood that you make it out of the second round, let alone the first round, is against your odds.

you think that regular season matters? I believe Miami lost or got swept by Boston two years ago in the regular season but ended up in the Finals. that likely won't be until the conference finals if the Knicks make it that far. There is a good chance the Heat faces someone else other than NY.

Oh you mean Woodson who had Iso Joe, who is notorious for underperforming in the postseason, and Melo who has lost to all but 2 eventual conference champions in the playoffs? It's not like Melo's Denver teams had been upset by teams worse than them consistently. Keep sleeping on the Knicks though, please.

RonE Coleman
12-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Miami is a better team but as a Knick fan the Bulls concern me much more with there defense and rebounding, not to mention they do not even have Rose back yet.

I do not mean the Knicks are better than Miami or that Chicago is better than Miami, just that the Knicks strengths play into Miami's weakness.

We shoot the 3 well, Miami does not defend it well.

We have a ton of size down low (no pun intended) and Miami does not.

And I believe we have better impact players off the bench than Miami.

My Knicks have not convinced me we can beat Miami in a game of 7 series yet but I fully expect a Miami - NYK series to go at least 6-7 games one way or the other.

uncleben989
12-27-2012, 07:26 PM
lmao knicks are not making it to the ECFs let alone, winning it all

bucketss
12-27-2012, 07:26 PM

more wishful thinking.

KnickaBocka.44
12-27-2012, 07:27 PM
lmao knicks are not making it to the ECFs let alone, winning it all

Care to explain why?

bucketss
12-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Miami is a better team but as a Knick fan the Bulls concern me much more with there defense and rebounding, not to mention they do not even have Rose back yet.

I do not mean the Knicks are better than Miami or that Chicago is better than Miami, just that the Knicks strengths play into Miami's weakness.

We shoot the 3 well, Miami does not defend it well.

We have a ton of size down low (no pun intended) and Miami does not.

And I believe we have better impact players off the bench than Miami.

My Knicks have not convinced me we can beat Miami in a game of 7 series yet but I fully expect a Miami - NYK series to go at least 6-7 games one way or the other.

you think knicks can shoot the three well for the whole series?

RonE Coleman
12-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Ya haha, I just edited my post and added that Mmephis can match up to Miami. But because of lack of experience, and also that Bron would dominate Gay like a child, Miami would eventually pull away in 6 or 7.

Lol my bad, I quoted you before I saw you edited it. While I do agree Bron would abuse Gay, someone on Memphis is always going to be gifted a mismatch. Wade can not guard Gay so if you put Lebron on him and Bosh on Gasol you have to worry about Z Bo and Conley. If you put Bron and Bosh on Gasol and Z Bo, Gay will light up Wade and so on.

I just think Memphis is a terrible matchup for Miami.

RonE Coleman
12-27-2012, 07:30 PM
you think knicks can shoot the three well for the whole series?

It worked for Orlando. Only time will tell, I don't see why it can't. And like I said, Miami might be the only team the Knicks can actually out rebound.

uncleben989
12-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Care to explain why?

1. their formula of melo playing godly + and 3 pt shooting galore is not lasting throughout a span of 82 fames let alone the playoffs.
2. ppl are reading way much into their regular season games with the heat, heat still take this team out for lunch in a 7 game series.
3. camby, kidd, thomas, wallace....their gonna hit their age bouts some time this season
4. bulls -rose are a threat to these guys, let alone how the bulls will be when he comes back

KnickaBocka.44
12-27-2012, 07:42 PM
1. their formula of melo playing godly + and 3 pt shooting galore is not lasting throughout a span of 82 fames let alone the playoffs.
2. ppl are reading way much into their regular season games with the heat, heat still take this team out for lunch in a 7 game series.
3. camby, kidd, thomas, wallace....their gonna hit their age bouts some time this season
4. bulls -rose are a threat to these guys, let alone how the bulls will be when he comes back

While I agree that the Bulls are a serious threat to the Knicks, there is no guarantee they meet up in the playoffs. The reason the Bulls matchup well against the Knicks is because they defend the 3 well. The Heat, on the other hand don't, which is part of the reason why the Knicks matchup well against them.

Camby, Thomas and Wallace have not played extensive minutes by any measure this year. If two out of the three of them are healthy for the playoffs thats all the Knicks need.

If you take into consideration the Bulls success against the Knicks in the regular season, how can you not take the Knicks success against the Heat in the regular season into consideration? Seems pretty biased to me.

Melo is a beast. He always has been. The difference is that he has bought into the team concept. He is willing to pass to the open man, and there always is one because teams need to help on him. See how that helps the 3 point shooting?

The Knicks are for real. Sure, they could lose to the Heat or the Bulls, but there is no guarantee they will have to face both of them in a 7 game series. IMO those are the only teams that have a chance at beating them in the east so I'd say they have a pretty good chance.

faze38
12-27-2012, 08:01 PM

Last time I checked didn't the Magic make it to the NBA finals doing nothing but chucking 3s and that was without a go to player like Melo on their team. So yes this is a championship capable team. I mean we have yet to see really how good this team can be because we haven't even seen Amare or Shump suit up yet so only time will tell!

Beltrans Mole
12-27-2012, 08:04 PM
I guess the only way to hate the Knicks is to claim their 3-ball shooting will surely fade away as time passes lol

faze38
12-27-2012, 08:17 PM
This Felton over shooting crap is also making me laugh because Felton is gonna take a hell of a lot less shots once we get STAT back. I mean right now Felton is our 2nd or 3rd option as far as scoring until STAT comes back and once he does he will be 4th or 3rd option mostly a 4th unless J.R. falls off. The other thing is that even with Felton shooting as much as he does and only shooting about 40% we are still a more efficient team with him on the floor. So Heat, Bulls and Net fans please can we stop jocking this team because your nervousness is just showing with the addition of every new Knicks thread!

DragonJaii
12-27-2012, 08:21 PM
i hope we play them in the first round. we seem to have their number this season

koreancabbage
12-27-2012, 08:23 PM
I guess the only way to hate the Knicks is to claim their 3-ball shooting will surely fade away as time passes lol

no, its Melo and Woodson, and about more than one quarter games played where most knicks fans are again dreaming about the Finals when they haven't proven anything at all, let alone getting past the first round yet.

their chances are better this year but still a lot to prove.

lamzoka
12-27-2012, 08:31 PM

the large majority of professional analysts said the nets was going to be better than the knicks. its just their opinions

knickfan33
12-27-2012, 09:08 PM
i hope we play them in the first round. we seem to have their number this season

its against the bulls we have been missing the size the most, hopefully we have healthy sheed, amare, and camby if we play you in the playoffs.

RonE Coleman
12-27-2012, 09:17 PM

As a Knick fan I do not want to play the Bulls at all, I hope Miami or someone else knocks you guys off :)

I still think we would beat you guys but the Bulls are a horrible matchup for us

Becks2307
12-27-2012, 10:22 PM
i watch this Knick team win games while missing FOUR starters and some bench players. Its amazing. Let's see what happens in the playoffs.

justinnum1
12-27-2012, 11:04 PM

I don't bulls would beat them in 6, 5 with rose.

I want miami to knock them out.

mjt20mik
12-27-2012, 11:08 PM
I have them losing to Miami.

RLundi
12-28-2012, 11:28 AM
No one in the east will beat them besides Miami (because the east is so weak) so by default they'll make it to the ECF but I hardly expect them to have a puncher's chance at actually winning a ring. If by some Christmas Day miracle they make it past the Heat, whoever comes out of the west will assuredly beat them.

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2012, 11:41 AM
I don't bulls would beat them in 6, 5 with rose.

I want miami to knock them out.

They way we spanked you the last 2 games?

Htownballa1622
12-28-2012, 12:00 PM
They way we spanked you the last 2 games?

The way we spanked you the last two games also?

Regular season. Means nothing when it comes to playoffs unless you think Rockets > knicks.

:shrug:

justinnum1
12-28-2012, 12:01 PM
The way we spanked you the last two games also?

Regular season. Means nothing when it comes to playoffs unless you think Rockets > knicks.

:shrug:

Knicks fans aren't able to comprehend that.

Htownballa1622
12-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Knicks fans aren't able to comprehend that.

Along with bulls fans in 2010-2011.

nycericanguy
12-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Regular season means nothing when the Knicks are winning...lol

if they were like 15-14 regular season would mean everything.

SteBO
12-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Regular season means nothing when the Knicks are winning...lol

if they were like 15-14 regular season would mean everything.
Don't fall in the trap dude. Regular season, while it does have some meaning in terms of figuring out your best lineups and the proper rotations along with building habits and keeping as healthy as possible, isn't indicative of postseason success or failure especially for the elite teams in the league.

Some teams are just built for the playoffs. Miami is one of them, and the Knicks as well if you consider the veterans they have on the roster.

Everymanalion
12-28-2012, 12:24 PM
I have to say, even though it is only regular season, we are looking nice and the vets mixed with our youth (Including when Shump comes back), if we can keep this 3pt shooting up, we are going to atleast get out of the first round. I am going to be realistic and say our ceiling is a ECF appearance.

29$JerZ
12-28-2012, 12:25 PM
No one will give NY props until they win in the post season, even then I'll bet we'll see excuse waves of how those wins didn't matter.

SteBO
12-28-2012, 12:28 PM
No one will give NY props until they win in the post season, even then I'll bet we'll see excuse waves of how those wins didn't matter.
The double standard towards certain teams do get annoying, but isn't that how the Knicks should be judged? The postseason is where it matters....This is the best start the Knicks have had a long time, so it's natural to prop it up as something significant and rightfully so. Besides, it's the Knicks and when you have a fanbase as large as yours, there will be people to take digs at your team. Just the way it is unfortunately....

JC_
12-28-2012, 12:28 PM

They are just one of those teams that always seems to f it up when things are going good. I think that is one of the big reasons a lot of people are holding off with the props.

edit: that and crazy Knicks fans that think they are invincible. ie. "ooh we are facing Miami in the first round.. knicks in 4!"

Htownballa1622
12-28-2012, 12:32 PM
This knicks team imo does deserve praise because these aren't the knicks of the past but before they get full credit, they should perform well in the postseason and i see no reason why they shouldn't be in the ecf playing Miami this year.

Everymanalion
12-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Hopefully not another fire extinguisher incident-_-.

29$JerZ
12-28-2012, 12:42 PM
The double standard towards certain teams do get annoying, but isn't that how the Knicks should be judged? The postseason is where it matters....This is the best start the Knicks have had a long time, so it's natural to prop it up as something significant and rightfully so. Besides, it's the Knicks and when you have a fanbase as large as yours, there will be people to take digs at your team. Just the way it is unfortunately....

I believe the post season is all the matters but people dismissing the progress we have made in the regular season is pathetic. Especially since if the Knicks had the Nets record or were out of the playoff hunt right now with our "ancient" roster the regular season would be the only thing that matters to them.

I'm used to the digs, been watching since the Isiah circus days.

Mikeleafs
12-28-2012, 12:43 PM
NYC are the faves to win IMO. I see them beating the heat and okc. I'm rooting for the Knicks this year to destroy the heat!! NYC is the way that super teams should be built.

Knick bag
12-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Not the same situation as the Magic. Magic didnt have a player like Melo. A lot of 3s are being shot now and will continue to be shot, but when Amare comes back the style of play will be more of an inside out game. Woodson said this before the season started and Amare got hurt. Not saying Amare will STAY healthy the rest of the year or that the Knicks will win it all. Possible tho

EnWhyKay
12-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Knowledgable Posters on this page.. Much respect..

As a Knick fan.. I think in order for us to have a real shot at playoff success Amar'e Stoudemire needs to be healthy and playing at a high level.. And Mike Woodson needs to get his rotations down to maximize everyones strengths..

I would have Melo and Amare start and finish halfs but then stagger the minutes so that while one is on the bench the other is playing.. Either way Melo and Amare will have to play well in tandem for this team to realize its full potential.. I think Kidd, Felton, and Prigioni along with Woody will determine how well that marriage goes.. I for one think it will work beautifully.. As long as both can stay healthy..

Another thing is that Shumpert will have to get healthy as well... Our PG's cannot stay with the better guards in the league.. Penetrating guards that put pressure on defenses will give us fits and the playoffs are filled with them. Nash, Rondo, Westbrook, Rose, Harden, Williams, CP3 etc.. etc.. Shump will be leaned on to contain those guys.. And if he can knock down open corner threes and take care of the ball we will be in good shape..

With all that being said.. We could still lose a playoff series. I like our chances but a lot has to go right for it to actually work...

ewing
12-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Of course they are in the picture but it doesn't matter too we see how good they are at the end of the season. How could a team that is 21 and 8 minus two guys that could be major contributors not in the picture?

RLundi
12-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Not the same situation as the Magic. Magic didnt have a player like Melo. A lot of 3s are being shot now and will continue to be shot, but when Amare comes back the style of play will be more of an inside out game. Woodson said this before the season started and Amare got hurt. Not saying Amare will STAY healthy the rest of the year or that the Knicks will win it all. Possible tho

Magic didn't have a player like Melo, they had someone better in Dwight Howard. Yes Melo is a great closer but Dwight had a much bigger impact on every other facet of the game. But the 3-point shooting is what killed them when they stopped dropping, as they eventually will for the Knicks.

P Styles
12-28-2012, 04:49 PM
If they head into the playoffs with high seeding and momentum then yes they have a chance.

RIght now it's great watching them play well - but there's a ton of season left. Getting Stoudemire back will help immensley despite what pessimists might say.