PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best PG in the NBA?

JesusWears24
12-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Who is the best PG in the NBA?

RAJON RONDO

Minimal
12-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Rajon Rondo is the best

Is that what you wanna hear?

JesusWears24
12-25-2012, 02:48 PM
No im being serious. I think Rajon Rondo is the best PG in the NBA followed by chris paul. Its like 1a and 1b.

Max.This
12-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Mario chalmers and it's not even close

BHF
12-25-2012, 02:51 PM
thx for telling us what you think high five

Minimal
12-25-2012, 02:52 PM
No im being serious. I think Rajon Rondo is the best PG in the NBA followed by chris paul. Its like 1a and 1b.
Well if you are serious than I'm gonna tell you that there were no point guards close to Chris Paul's level in the last 5 years.

There is no point of creating such threads. There is annual PSD voting for each position.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=732222&highlight=5th+Annual+PSD+Player+Rankings

JerseysFinest
12-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Cliff Paul

justinnum1
12-25-2012, 02:53 PM
chris paul, and its not close.

b@llhog24
12-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Cp3.

javsvt
12-25-2012, 02:57 PM
chris paul, and its not close.

Chalmers, c'mon, give the crowd the satisfaction. And for DMF, I'm gonna say DWill. There, now they don't have to post anymore.

Kashmir13579
12-25-2012, 02:58 PM
PSD is the worst, Jerry, the WORST

D-Leethal
12-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Ronnie Brewer.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Cliff Paul

This.

SteBO
12-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Mario chalmers and it's not even close
Funny thing is that Chalmers actually thinks this.....

JesusWears24
12-25-2012, 03:07 PM
I asked a question. I answered it, and you should also. Why people are getting butthurt idk but i think its Rondo.

More-Than-Most
12-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Its Paul and its not close.... Rondo is becoming insanely overrated and I am not kidding. He is top 5 but not top 3

Paul

Rose/Westy are ahead of him but a big margin

RonE Coleman
12-25-2012, 03:08 PM
If im in the playoffs gimme Rondo all day. 5th all time in playoff triple doubles

RonE Coleman
12-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Its Paul and its not close.... Rondo is becoming insanely overrated and I am not kidding. He is top 5 but not top 3

Paul

Rose/Westy are ahead of him but a big margin

Lmao

greg_ory_2005
12-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Whoever has the highest rating in 2k13

Bruno
12-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Chris Paul is the best player who plays the PG position in the NBA.

Rivera
12-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Cliff Paul

BoSox47
12-25-2012, 03:26 PM
1.cp3
2.rose
3.a rondo
3.b westbrook

bigger question is how far down has deron williams fallen.

GunFactor187
12-25-2012, 03:49 PM
Austin Daye.

tredigs
12-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Care to make the argument for Rondo over Chris Paul? Because it is not CLOSE between the two, but I would like to see the argument being that you're creating a specialized thread for it.

Rondo and Steph Curry? That's a better argument. But I'll take Steph.

RonE Coleman
12-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Care to make the argument for Rondo over Chris Paul? Because it is not CLOSE between the two, but I would like to see the argument being that you're creating a specialized thread for it.

You should be banned from ever posting again.

tredigs
12-25-2012, 05:16 PM
You should be banned from ever posting again.

Sue me, I'll take one of the greatest 3pt+foul shooters in NBA history with a developing all around game (his RAPM on D is +, Rondo's is 0). http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/ratings/2013.html Very telling.

Rondo takes way too many days off and he's inconsistent as all hell offensively. Curry's a beast offensively. Assuming Curry's health maintains, give me Curry all day from this point forward.

But I'm sure you know a ton more than me.

nickdymez
12-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Lebron

69centers
12-25-2012, 05:18 PM
West - Paul
East - Rondo

They are clearly the top 2 PG's in the league. Duking it out over who is best overall is another story. Paul will give you better clutch scoring, but Rondo will do more overall with better rebounding and assisting.

RonE Coleman
12-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Sue me, I'll take one of the greatest 3pt+foul shooters in NBA history with a developing all around game (his RAPM on D is +, Rondo's is 0). http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/ratings/2013.html Very telling.

Rondo takes way too many days off and he's inconsistent as all hell offensively. Curry's a beast offensively. Assuming Curry's health maintains, give me Curry all day from this point forward.

You just said you would take curry over rondo, I'm sure 95% of the general population knows more than you.

69centers
12-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Rondo doubles Curry's assist output. There is no way Curry is a better PG.

JRisdabest
12-25-2012, 05:22 PM
cp3. in person hes amazing.

Greedy22
12-25-2012, 05:24 PM

You just said you would take curry over rondo, I'm sure 95% of the general population knows more than you. That is the worst cop out, he just brought in stats to back his claim and you use the "general population"

Jarvo
This again??? Everyone loves CP3 and on his nuts and holds him up like that monkey did Simba in the Lion King, But for me it's Ronnnndddddoooooooooooooo!

Dade County
Lbj or Cp3

Chi StateOfMind
12-25-2012, 05:26 PM
1.cp3
2.rose
3.a rondo
3.b westbrook

bigger question is how far down has deron williams fallen.

This

RLundi
12-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Chris Paul but I still maintain he's a tad bit overrated.

Greedy22
12-25-2012, 05:27 PM
This again??? Everyone loves CP3 and on his nuts and holds him up like that monkey did Simba in the Lion King, But for me it's Ronnnndddddoooooooooooooo! well you take him, I'll take the flat out better player in CP3.

SeoulBeatz
12-25-2012, 05:28 PM
You just said you would take curry over rondo, I'm sure 95% of the general population knows more than you.

Yep, I'm gonna have to take RonE's side on this one. Rondo>>>Curry. It's not even close.. Curry is an average defender. Rondo is probably the best defender at his position. Rondo has a ring and has countless big games during the playoffs. Steph Curry has yet to do ANYTHING in the postseason. Curry is a better shooter but aside from that, Rondo crushes Curry in every other category.

Funny thing is, I HATE RONDO, but I recognize that he's a top 3 PG in the league and a stellar talent. Curry isn't even in the conversation.

JesusWears24
12-25-2012, 05:28 PM

When i look at a player i want them to perform during the season. I expect a top tier player to just take over in the playoffs and thats exactly what ROndo does. I cant even describe how much easier he makes things for his team. The ONLY thing CP3 can do better than Rondo is shooting. But then Rondo can get to the bucket at will. He tosses assists like its nothing and he grabs you boards like a forward.

Rajon Rondo can destroy a defense. Chris Paul can break down a defense as well. The reason Rondo is the best PG in the NBA because he makes his teamates better. He was working better with Sullinger(a rookie) than CP3 did with Jordan. To me its a no-brainer. PG are supposed to make there teammates better. Thats something Rondo does in the season and the playoffs.

And Rondo's defense! Its a wrap.

tredigs
12-25-2012, 05:30 PM

Look at it as better player who plays PG. Like I said it's close, but I want a point who plays hard every night and can put up buckets with high efficiency as well as find his teammates.

Rondo being an elite defender is the biggest misnomer in the NBA. He is not a great defender by any means. He takes tons of risks and is a weak man to man defender. Curry's defense has been better than Rondo this season. Fact.

nickdymez
12-25-2012, 05:33 PM

Rondo is the best passing pg in the league right now. Other than that Curry ***** on rondo.

Greedy22
12-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Rondos inferior defense wraps up his spot as the top PG? Lulz.

RLundi
12-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Look at it as better player who plays PG. Like I said it's close, but I want a point who plays hard every night and can put up buckets with high efficiency as well as find his teammates.

Rondo being an elite defender is the biggest misnomer in the NBA. He is not a great defender by any means. He takes tons of risks and is a weak man to man defender. Curry's defense has been better than Rondo this season.

For all that Curry has done, he hasn't been better than Rondo this season at all. You mention he's a great 3-point and FT shooter yet you neglect to mention he's shooting a career-low percentage from the floor. And he's abysmal at the rim, only shooting 33% to Rondo's 65%. Also like someone mentioned, Rondo doubles Curry's assist rate. I despise Rondo, but for my PG there's no way I choose Curry over Rondo.

tredigs
12-25-2012, 05:52 PM
For all that Curry has done, he hasn't been better than Rondo this season at all. You mention he's a great 3-point and FT shooter yet you neglect to mention he's shooting a career-low percentage from the floor. And he's abysmal at the rim, only shooting 33% to Rondo's 65%. Also like someone mentioned, Rondo doubles Curry's assist rate. I despise Rondo, but for my PG there's no way I choose Curry over Rondo.

We know what his FG% is generally going to be, and it's > 47%. A slow start on that end due to missing a ton of gimmies at the rim (with his standard All-Time great 3pt/FT shooting) doesn't change that. That will regulate itself over the season. His shooting efficiency is still better than Rondo's despite that, and that's on a whole different tier of scoring.

WS/48 = Minor edge of Curry over Rondo
PER = minor edge of Rondo over Curry
RAPM = Curry with a huge discrepancy over Rondo (Cp3's laughs and shakes its head at Rondo).

Once again, I'm taking Curry over Rondo.

RLundi
12-25-2012, 06:12 PM
We know what his FG% is generally going to be, and it's > 47%. A slow start on that end due to missing a ton of gimmies at the rim (with his standard All-Time great 3pt/FT shooting) doesn't change that. That will regulate itself over the season. His shooting efficiency is still better than Rondo's despite that, and that's on a whole different tier of scoring.

RAPM = Curry with a huge discrepancy over Rondo (Cp3's laughs and shakes its head at Rondo).

His shooting efficiency should be much higher than Rondo's because of the great disparity in 3-point shooting and free throws, so the fact he's only slightly better is nothing to celebrate; it just reinforces how bad Curry is shooting this year from everywhere besides the 3. Assist to turnover rate is significantly better as well. If this was for a shooting guard, okay. But for a PG, it seems pretty clear Rondo is elite and Curry is second-tier.

tredigs
12-25-2012, 06:16 PM
His shooting efficiency should be much higher than Rondo's because of the great disparity in 3-point shooting and free throws, so the fact he's only slightly better is nothing to celebrate; it just reinforces how bad Curry is shooting this year from everywhere besides the 3. Assist to turnover rate is significantly better as well. If this was for a shooting guard, okay. But for a PG, it seems pretty clear Rondo is elite and Curry is second-tier.

You essentially just said "it should be better because he's better". Sound logic. As is the case with assists. That and Rondo stat pads egregiously for many of those assists.

And once again, Rondo is not a good defender. Forget great. Over this debate though, I stopped caring 3 posts ago. Bottom line is that Rondo isn't sniffing any "best PG in the NBA" discussion.

sammyvine
12-25-2012, 06:16 PM
cp3, rondo, rose and westbrook are my fav's

RonE Coleman
12-25-2012, 06:18 PM
That is the worst cop out, he just brought in stats to back his claim and you use the "general population"

Cop out? I could care less what 1 stat says about it, Rondo >>> Curry. If you don't think so you know nothing about basketball.

RLundi
12-25-2012, 06:24 PM
You essentially just said "it should be better because he's better". Sound logic. As is the case with assists. That and Rondo stat pads egregiously for many of those assists.

And once again, Rondo is not a good defender. Forget great. Over this debate though, I stopped caring 3 posts ago. Bottom line is that Rondo ins't sniffing any "best PG in the NBA" discussion.

That has nothing to do with this discussion as I never mentioned he being "the best" anything -- just better than Curry. Whether or not you agree is inconsequential. It's apparent you've stopped caring, the only evidence you've presented is he's a better 3-point and free throw shooter.

And your stat-padding claim is unfounded and very weak to be honest. Think what you'd like. The overwhelming consensus is that you're incorrect.

Baller1
12-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Rondo the best PG? Ha, that's comedy.

He's a second tier PG with the likes of Holiday, Lawson, Curry, etc.

tredigs
12-25-2012, 06:34 PM
That has nothing to do with this discussion as I never mentioned he being "the best" anything -- just better than Curry. Whether or not you agree is inconsequential. It's apparent you've stopped caring, the only evidence you've presented is he's a better 3-point and free throw shooter.

And your stat-padding claim is unfounded and very weak to be honest. Think what you'd like. The overwhelming consensus is that you're incorrect.

I'm referring to the original post in this thread - that Rondo is the #1 PG. Which is laughable. As I said 3 times, with Curry I consider it a close argument, and prefer Curry.

I've mentioned that Curry has a better PPG+TS%, RAPM, WS/48 and is a better defender. I backed them all up with facts. The overwhelming consensus is often the overwhelming misnomer.

Hahah @ Rondo stat padding his assists "unfounded and very weak" by the way. You have never seen the Celtics play, I take it. He doesn't exactly make a secret of it my friend, and in that same regard passes up opportunities to score because of it (but it can only hurt his team as sometimes his teammate misses or Rondo turns it over. It's happened many times and it's absolutely ridiculous).

Now, enjoy the rest of the games or Xmas depending on where you're at.

RLundi
12-25-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm referring to the original post in this thread - that Rondo is the #1 PG. Which is laughable. As I said 3 times, with Curry I consider it a close argument, and prefer Curry.

I've mentioned that Curry has a better PPG+TS%, RAPM, WS/48 and is a better defender. I backed them all up with facts. The overwhelming consensus is often the overwhelming misnomer.

Hahah @ Rondo stat padding his assists "unfounded and very weak" by the way. You have never seen the Celtics play, I take it. He doesn't exactly make a secret of it my friend, and in that same regard passes up opportunities to score because of it (but it can only hurt his team as sometimes his teammate misses or Rondo turns it over. It's happened many times and it's absolutely ridiculous).

Now, enjoy the rest of the games or Xmas depending on where you're at.

You presented your stats, I presented mine. Rondo has a higher PER and eFG%, murders Curry by doubling his assist rate and has more defensive win shares, not to mention he bests him in literally every other non-shooting stat. The jury will always be out on advanced defensive metrics, and according to RAPM, Jameer freaking Nelson is a better defender than Rondo. I have had the pleasure of watching Nelson and his atrocious defense all year, so you'll excuse the fact that I don't put too much stock in RAPM at the moment.

But I appreciate the sentiment, enjoy your time off.

Swashcuff
12-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Glad to see the major argument here being between Rondo and Curry (as it should be) and not Rondo CP3 which really isn't as close as Rondo Curry.

Chris Paul is the best player who plays the point guard position in the NBA. Do you guys think if CP3 wanted he could average 11-12 APG? I sure do his vision is just as good as Rondo's he takes better care of the ball is equally as good or if not better of a passer than Rondo and he has always ran a more efficient offense. At the end of the day what would you rather the player who runs the best and more productive offense or the player who has more assists? The only thing Rondo does better than Paul is rebound. Everything else is either a push one way or the other or largely in Paul's favour.

dee279
12-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Steve Blake and its not even far.

dee279
12-25-2012, 07:05 PM
How did Steph Curry get in this convo? I liked my steve blake comment better then that one. Atleast no one thought i was being serious. Steph aint even top 5.

b@llhog24
12-25-2012, 07:53 PM
West - Paul
East - Rondo

They are clearly the top 2 PG's in the league. Duking it out over who is best overall is another story. Paul will give you better clutch scoring, but Rondo will do more overall with better rebounding and assisting.

Except Kyrie plays in the East.

well you take him, I'll take the flat out better player in CP3.

:nod:

Yep, I'm gonna have to take RonE's side on this one. Rondo>>>Curry. It's not even close.. Curry is an average defender. Rondo is probably the best defender at his position. Rondo has a ring and has countless big games during the playoffs. Steph Curry has yet to do ANYTHING in the postseason. Curry is a better shooter but aside from that, Rondo crushes Curry in every other category.

Funny thing is, I HATE RONDO, but I recognize that he's a top 3 PG in the league and a stellar talent. Curry isn't even in the conversation.

It's easy to look like a great defender once you've got KG backing you up.

When i look at a player i want them to perform during the season. I expect a top tier player to just take over in the playoffs and thats exactly what ROndo does. I cant even describe how much easier he makes things for his team. The ONLY thing CP3 can do better than Rondo is shooting. But then Rondo can get to the bucket at will. He tosses assists like its nothing and he grabs you boards like a forward.

Rajon Rondo can destroy a defense. Chris Paul can break down a defense as well. The reason Rondo is the best PG in the NBA because he makes his teamates better. He was working better with Sullinger(a rookie) than CP3 did with Jordan. To me its a no-brainer. PG are supposed to make there teammates better. Thats something Rondo does in the season and the playoffs.

And Rondo's defense! Its a wrap.

Because he doesn't :D

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-25-2012, 08:07 PM
CP3
Westbrook
Deron

top 3 imo, i will look at all of the pg's stats and production after this year ends.

Hawkeye15
12-25-2012, 08:30 PM
the dude who starts at PG for the Clips. Has been for 5 years.

Hawkeye15
12-25-2012, 08:31 PM
CP3
Westbrook
Deron

top 3 imo, i will look at all of the pg's stats and production after this year ends.

how can you possibly put Deron in the top 3 after his last 2.3 years? He has fallen out of the top 5-6 until he proves otherwise. Hell, he may not even make top 8 in my current list.

Jarvo
12-25-2012, 08:43 PM
well you take him, I'll take the flat out better player in CP3.

Ok :dance:

Jarvo
12-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Lebron James is really the best PG.

Greedy22
12-25-2012, 08:47 PM
That is the worst cop out, he just brought in stats to back his claim and you use the "general population"

Cop out? I could care less what 1 stat says about it, Rondo >>> Curry. If you don't think so you know nothing about basketball. how about the majority of stats? TS%, ws, ws/48. Ironic coming from you, you're one of the worst posters in this forum.

tripleplay2007
12-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Rondo, love his attitude. He makes everyone better and does whatever it takes to win.

b-ballistic
12-25-2012, 08:55 PM
Chris Paul easy

Chavacano
12-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Christopher Emmanuel Paul.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-25-2012, 08:57 PM
Cliff Paul

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Rondo, love his attitude. He makes everyone better and does whatever it takes to win.

No!

tredigs
12-25-2012, 09:15 PM
CP3
Westbrook
Deron

Man, I'm not even sure Deron's a top 10 PG in New Jersey.

DragonJaii
12-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Cliff Paul

this

RonE Coleman
12-25-2012, 11:17 PM
how about the majority of stats? TS%, ws, ws/48. Ironic coming from you, you're one of the worst posters in this forum.

Says the guy who is claiming Curry > Rondo... Fail

nolin
12-25-2012, 11:40 PM
Iman shumpert next question!

Jint.
12-25-2012, 11:40 PM
if Rondo could shoot he'd be #1..

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-26-2012, 01:34 AM
Lbj or Cp3

:facepalm:

bucketss
12-26-2012, 01:35 AM
cp3 is an mvp candidate and rondo still can't shoot what kind of question is this.

Super.
12-26-2012, 01:39 AM
good lord

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-26-2012, 01:39 AM
Last yr, I said Rondo.

CP has changed that for me. He is my choice for best PG in the league.

For those LeBronites choosing him as best PG, llullz.

bucketss
12-26-2012, 01:42 AM
Last yr, I said Rondo.

i think LeBoners would be a more creative name.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-26-2012, 01:43 AM
i think LeBoners would be a more creative name.

I think someone here already came up with LeBronites, so I'm just going to roll with it. :laugh2:

JesusNYY_Savior
12-26-2012, 01:53 AM
If I was building a team, it's rondo first and not even close for me. I love everything he brings to the table, he is a prototypical point guard. The only part of his game that is lacking is shooting and he has improved over the years. But when talking about best PG in the game it's Chris Paul, simply stated the guy gives his all every night and will do anything in his power to help his team win.

DeyAce
12-26-2012, 01:59 AM
Paul
Rondo
Rose

Sportfan
12-26-2012, 02:06 AM
Paul
Rondo
Rose
A Chicago fan putting rondo over rose? Wow that's a new one

Personally I think rondo has solidified himself as top 3-4. LOL at everyone who kept buying D-Will and Nash over him. I prefer him over westy too. After Paul it's rose/rondo/Parker for the next 3 spots and I guess rose takes a backseat there since we don't know what to expect from him

PleaseBeNice
12-26-2012, 02:09 AM
Chris Paul easily

Chronz
12-26-2012, 02:20 AM
Last yr, I said Rondo.

So in a year in which CP3 is being asked to do less and less, and Rondo improving, hes changed your mind?

May I ask what took you so long to come around and what made this year so different?

Chronz
12-26-2012, 02:22 AM
If I was building a team, it's rondo first and not even close for me. I love everything he brings to the table, he is a prototypical point guard. The only part of his game that is lacking is shooting and he has improved over the years. But when talking about best PG in the game it's Chris Paul, simply stated the guy gives his all every night and will do anything in his power to help his team win.

Why would you build with the inferior player whos lack of shooting makes him a very specialized player that cannot thrive with post players. Do you plan on having a team filled with nothing but outlet shooters?

JesusWears24
12-26-2012, 02:29 AM
Why would you build with the inferior player whos lack of shooting makes him a very specialized player that cannot thrive with post players. Do you plan on having a team filled with nothing but outlet shooters?

In the league today post play has gone down drastically. Thus the center position has been removed from the All-Star game. The NBA is becoming a quick, athletic game. Rondo is PERFECT for the NBA today. Rondo does everything better than CP3 except shooting. CP3 is heavily overrated.

1. Rondo
2. Rose
3. Paul
4. Kyrie
5. Deron

JesusWears24
12-26-2012, 02:36 AM
Mr_Jones

Sportfan
12-26-2012, 03:00 AM

Homer shots?

koreancabbage
12-26-2012, 03:05 AM
In the league today post play has gone down drastically. Thus the center position has been removed from the All-Star game. The NBA is becoming a quick, athletic game. Rondo is PERFECT for the NBA today. Rondo does everything better than CP3 except shooting. CP3 is heavily overrated.

1. Rondo
2. Rose
3. Paul
4. Kyrie
5. Deron

this is a prerequisite for a great PG- the ability to shoot as well. 3pt%, ft%, Rondo only slightly leads by 4% in FG% and slightly in assists (3 more)

Rondo is heavily overrated. Paul has the best of Rondo's abilities in court vision but also has the offensive game, which Rondo does not.

Hawkeye15
12-26-2012, 03:23 AM

1. Rondo
2. Rose
3. Paul
4. Kyrie
5. Deron

wait, what? Paul does pretty much everything better. They rebound around the same, percentage wise, despite Paul being much shorter, the turnover percentage differential is hilarious, the scoring ability differential is hilarious, and Paul is the better defender.

Which one is overrated again? I got confused with all those silly stats that show Rondo has no business being in the top 4 convo....

Chacarron
12-26-2012, 03:36 AM
Chris Paul.

Guppyfighter
12-26-2012, 03:38 AM

That's because you don't know how to actually build a team. CP3 has a higher assist percentage and a pretty high true shooting percentage. Chris Paul has dragged Hornets teams to the playoffs that had no business being there. He can carry a team. And right now, we are observing Rondo fail at carrying a team in a weak conference.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-26-2012, 04:15 AM
Man, I'm not even sure Deron's a top 10 PG in New Jersey.

yeah i know hes been terrible last year along with this year, but im reserving his placement at least until the end of this year. last year he was awful..
and before last year i had him right behind cp3.

im going to wait until the year ends before i update my list..

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-26-2012, 04:18 AM
how can you possibly put Deron in the top 3 after his last 2.3 years? He has fallen out of the top 5-6 until he proves otherwise. Hell, he may not even make top 8 in my current list.

i know man, last years performance was terrible and this year he hasnt improved at all..

but i expect him to be in that same range as you mentioned if he continues this horrid production throughout the year..

im strictly placing him that high only based on his talent alone.
i expect the list to have him below top 6 once the year ends if he doesnt improve his play..

sammyvine
12-26-2012, 07:18 AM
CP3 is clearly the best PG at the moment but Rose is better when healthy.

Rondo is after those two.

sammyvine
12-26-2012, 07:19 AM
yeah i know hes been terrible last year along with this year, but im reserving his placement at least until the end of this year. last year he was awful..
and before last year i had him right behind cp3.

im going to wait until the year ends before i update my list..

I also don't know why people argue over PG's. It's personal opinion.

Deron Williams is not a top 5 PG. He was rubbish last year as well.

amos1er
12-26-2012, 07:34 AM
CP3 for sure...People who say Rose are dreaming...He did not deserve the MVP he has...CP3 would ball his *** up!!!

amos1er
12-26-2012, 07:36 AM
That's because you don't know how to actually build a team. CP3 has a higher assist percentage and a pretty high true shooting percentage. Chris Paul has dragged Hornets teams to the playoffs that had no business being there. He can carry a team. And right now, we are observing Rondo fail at carrying a team in a weak conference.

For once we are in agreement...CP3 is the obvious choice.

sammyvine
12-26-2012, 08:14 AM
CP3 for sure...People who say Rose are dreaming...He did not deserve the MVP he has...CP3 would ball his *** up!!!

yeah but rose always beats him when they play against each other and cp3 has never won an mvp or been past the 2nd round

Minimal
12-26-2012, 09:31 AM
yeah but rose always beats him when they play against each other and cp3 has never won an mvp or been past the 2nd round
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=paulch01&p2=rosede01

How does he beat CP3? Sorry Rose is a great and humble guy, but people clearly overrate him.

bagwell368
12-26-2012, 09:32 AM

PG top 11 this season only as of today:

1. Paul

2. Parker
3. Kidd
4. Westbrook

5. Conley
6. Curry
7. Lowry

8. Rondo
9. Calderon
10. DWill
11. Irving

Rondo's outside shooting has improved this year, but it's more than balanced off by his horrid on ball defense this year, his crap FT%, and his continued avoidance of driving to the hoop, which he does well.

He's still erratic, but that's getting better, but he's laughable as the "leader" of the Boston Celtics. He clearly is not a leader, although he clearly is the QB. #8 isn't that bad, and if he re-committed to his D he could be battling Kidd and Westbrook for 3-4-5.

It's pathetic to watch Ainge, Doc, KG, Pierce, and the announcers all force feed us with the notion that Rondo is the leader of the team. KG was the leader of the team the day he walked in the door, and he is still the leader, although he's trying to back away. Let Rondo be what he is: a facilitor with an increasing shooting touch that plays tough D, and is the #4 guy on the team. After KG and PP are gone, if Rondo is the #1 option, get ready for the lottery. CP3 and Parker in particular make it clear why Rondo isn't the best PG in the NBA - by no small measure.

BTW, Parker is criminally undervalued in this thread and in general. He's on the way to the HOF guys, and having one of his best seasons.

Minimal
12-26-2012, 09:40 AM
And damn I'm not saying Rondo is the best PG in the nba, its clearly Cp3, but damn some of you people here underrate Rondo. Rondo is the biggest reason Celtics are still relevant in the playoffs, he carried them to the ECF last year and they almost won. He is a triple double machine and a great defender.

bagwell368
12-26-2012, 09:41 AM

This year so far Curry is better then Rondo.

bagwell368
12-26-2012, 09:42 AM
if Rondo could shoot he'd be #1..

You're a year behind the times. Rondo is shooting his FG well out of the paint this year, but his on ball D has collapsed by a shocking amount.

bagwell368
12-26-2012, 09:47 AM
If I was building a team, it's rondo first and not even close for me. I love everything he brings to the table, he is a prototypical point guard. The only part of his game that is lacking is shooting and he has improved over the years.

I might have to post my huge file on all his off the court nonsense. He's immature, uncoachable, etc - according in print to his only pro GM and his 3 coaches since he started college - and more like breaking team film equipment at a meeting. Started fights with an x-Celt media member, been suspended 3 times inside of a year on the court. Yeah, he's a paragon.

His shooting has not steadily improved over the years. He peaked out in 2008-2009 and 2009-2010, and fell from that badly in 2010-2011 and 2011-2012, and this year is shooting well again - from the floor, his FT shooting still is very poor.

But the disaster for him and the Celts this year is his on ball D has gone to hell this year, not just a little - a lot.

bagwell368
12-26-2012, 09:49 AM
And damn I'm not saying Rondo is the best PG in the nba, its clearly Cp3, but damn some of you people here underrate Rondo. Rondo is the biggest reason Celtics are still relevant in the playoffs, he carried them to the ECF last year and they almost won. He is a triple double machine and a great defender.

Nope. His D sucks this year. Rondo except in 2008-2009 (when KG was hurt) has never been the best Celtic on the floor in all his years. He had a good playoffs last year, minus his suspension, and few very poor games.

Evolution23
12-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Chris Paul says wasup

bostonrules37
12-26-2012, 10:20 AM

And once again, Rondo is not a good defender. Forget great. Over this debate though, I stopped caring 3 posts ago. Bottom line is that Rondo isn't sniffing any "best PG in the NBA" discussion.

sorry but you have no argument, u sound pretty idiotic actually. :facepalm:

Chronz
12-26-2012, 03:35 PM
In the league today post play has gone down drastically.
Spacing hasnt. And the fact still remains, if your a team lucky enough to get a commodity like a post player, Rondo will not be able to defer to him.

He cant defer to anyone actually.

The NBA is becoming a quick, athletic game. Rondo is PERFECT for the NBA today. Rondo does everything better than CP3 except shooting.
Your exaggerating, there maybe some truth in that, but the problem with Rondo is that CP3 is pretty close to him in everything and even better in some, but when it comes efficiency offensively, CP3 SMOKES him. Thats why his GM tried to trade him for CP3, thats why TEAM USA chooses CP3 to lead its stars, thats why Doc himself will tell you he cant play without the ball. Its why CP3 is the better player.

CP3 is heavily overrated.

1. Rondo
2. Rose
3. Paul
4. Kyrie
5. Deron

I dont see what makes you think hes overrated with so many facts against you. Even so, you can still be overrated and be the best PG.

beliges
12-26-2012, 03:39 PM
The answer to this question is simply Chris Paul. There is no debate whatsoever really. CP3 is the best PG in the game and is so by a very clear margin. Whoever doesnt think so simply is wrong. Thats really all there is to say about that. The dude is the MVP of the league right now and will probably get the MVP unanimously if his season continues to go this way.

SLY WILLIAMS
12-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Paul is probably the #1 but there could be a real debate about #2.

Rondo, Deron, Rose, Nash, and, Parker would all be in that mix. I'm always surprised how little acknowledgement Parker gets. He could be #2.

DragonJaii
12-26-2012, 04:01 PM
i know its not dwill.

WhiteSoxGod
12-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Chris Paul and there's little argument in my opinion.

JesusWears24
12-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Mr_Jones

JesusWears24
12-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Spacing hasnt. And the fact still remains, if your a team lucky enough to get a commodity like a post player, Rondo will not be able to defer to him.

He cant defer to anyone actually.

Your exaggerating, there maybe some truth in that, but the problem with Rondo is that CP3 is pretty close to him in everything and even better in some, but when it comes efficiency offensively, CP3 SMOKES him. Thats why his GM tried to trade him for CP3, thats why TEAM USA chooses CP3 to lead its stars, thats why Doc himself will tell you he cant play without the ball. Its why CP3 is the better player.

I dont see what makes you think hes overrated with so many facts against you. Even so, you can still be overrated and be the best PG.

If u need a PG who has the experience when it matters its Rondo. Last time i check CP3 hasnt won anything. CP3 in the playoffs last was average at best. Rondo was the reason the Celtics got to the Eastern Finals against the Heat and he performed way better than CP3 did against the Spurs when they got swept. You said if the celtics had a post player Rondo wouldnt be able to defer to him. Thats a stupid scenario. All the Clippers have are players that space the floor. Outside of Griffin and Jordan all they do is shoot. Rondo is the PG that fits into todays system. Hes fast, smart, athletic, and he can score. Nobody runs a fast break at PG better than Rondo. If CP3 is the best PG in the NBA where is his hardware?

What facts? Year after year people say CP3 is the best PG in the NBA.... What has he done in his career? NOTHING. He can average anything he wants. When it comes down to the moments that really count he is nowhere to be seen. He was supposed to lead the Clippers last year but he failed.

bucketss
12-26-2012, 04:31 PM
If u need a PG who has the experience when it matters its Rondo. Last time i check CP3 hasnt won anything. CP3 in the playoffs last was average at best. Rondo was the reason the Celtics got to the Eastern Finals against the Heat and he performed way better than CP3 did against the Spurs when they got swept. You said if the celtics had a post player Rondo wouldnt be able to defer to him. Thats a stupid scenario. All the Clippers have are players that space the floor. Outside of Griffin and Jordan all they do is shoot. Rondo is the PG that fits into todays system. Hes fast, smart, athletic, and he can score. Nobody runs a fast break at PG better than Rondo. If CP3 is the best PG in the NBA where is his hardware?

What facts? Year after year people say CP3 is the best PG in the NBA.... What has he done in his career? NOTHING. He can average anything he wants. When it comes down to the moments that really count he is nowhere to be seen. He was supposed to lead the Clippers last year but he failed.

im sorry that paul didn't have the opportunity to play with hall of famer his whole career:facepalm:

Greedy22
12-26-2012, 04:32 PM

:rolleyes: Keep going off the name instead of watching the 2 play. Curry has been better this year.

macc
12-26-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm not saying CP isn't the #1, but if he is and "it's not even close" as some of you say, if that's the case, why doesn't anyone give the Clippers a chance to win it all this year, or even get to the finals in the West? Esp when their team is loaded w/ talent. Anyone want to explain that one...

I mean if a team has the clear #1 PG in the entire league with a ton of talent...wouldn't they be the favorites if not right next to the favorites?

Greedy22
12-26-2012, 04:34 PM

1. Rondo
2. Rose
3. Paul
4. Kyrie
5. Deron

Good lord this is awful, Deron in the top 5? Guy has been fringe top 10 the last 2 plus years.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-26-2012, 04:35 PM
As of right now, I've got CP3 and Rose as 1 and 2. I'd then have Westbrook and Parker as 3 and 4 respectively. You really can't start making a case for Rondo until the 5th spot really. His offensive game has improved but he has done this in the past where he starts off hot but then cools of drastically as the season goes on. His defense has been poor and inconsistent this season as well. I'd probably have Irving ahead of him and possibly Holiday if Rondo doesn't get his head out of his *** on defense anytime soon.

Also what's with people underrating Rose so much?

bucketss
12-26-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm not saying CP isn't the #1, but if he is and "it's not even close" as some of you say, if that's the case, why doesn't anyone give the Clippers a chance to win it all this year, or even get to the finals in the West? Esp when their team is loaded w/ talent. Anyone want to explain that one...

I mean if a team has the clear #1 PG in the entire league with a ton of talent...wouldn't they be the favorites if not right next to the favorites?

they're a serious contender

Greedy22
12-26-2012, 04:36 PM

Who hasn't given them a chance? Right now they're the best and deepest team in the NBA, it'd be foolish to not give them a chance. I mean CP3 is playing less than 33 MPG right now they are so damn good.

JesusWears24
12-26-2012, 04:37 PM
im sorry that paul didn't have the opportunity to play with hall of famer his whole career:facepalm:

Through eight games apiece for both point guards, Paul has averaged 18.6 points, 5.4 boards and 7.5 assists. Compare that to Rondo’s 16 points, 6.6 rebounds and 12.9 assists and you can see Rondo performs better when it matters. Defensively with Paul on the floor, the Clippers score 105 points per 100 possessions while giving up 101. The Celtics score 104 points but allow only 92 with Rondo over the same amount of games.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Through eight games apiece for both point guards, Paul has averaged 18.6 points, 5.4 boards and 7.5 assists. Compare that to Rondo’s 16 points, 6.6 rebounds and 12.9 assists and you can see Rondo performs better when it matters. Defensively with Paul on the floor, the Clippers score 105 points per 100 possessions while giving up 101. The Celtics score 104 points but allow only 92 with Rondo over the same amount of games.

You should see how bad Rondo looks on defense when KG is out of the game.

JesusWears24
12-26-2012, 04:42 PM
You should see how bad Rondo looks on defense when KG is out of the game.

Take Jordan out of the game and the same will happen to chris paul. When a shot blocker/post presence is out teams look to attack. A quick PG is the hardest position to guard.

Greedy22
12-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Why not just use their season stats.

macc
12-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Who hasn't given them a chance? Right now they're the best and deepest team in the NBA, it'd be foolish to not give them a chance. I mean CP3 is playing less than 33 MPG right now they are so damn good.

The better question is who has? I don't see anyone talking about them doing anything in the playoffs other then maybe getting to the 2nd round.

I'm just saying, if somone is the clear #1 w/ a loaded team, you would think there would be some hype out there...yet there isn't at all.

On a side note, I think Kyrie Irving will be the #1 pg in about 2 years from now.

JesusWears24
12-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Look at their PER 36 min and their individual Drtg, Paul is far superior.

Yes that maybe true. What you dont realize is for you to be the best you must perform like the best. Not just regular season. CP3 seems to wilt in the playoffs, Rondo on the other hand strives. The best players play their best when their team needs them. CP3 played awful against the spurs.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Take Jordan out of the game and the same will happen to chris paul. When a shot blocker/post presence is out teams look to attack. A quick PG is the hardest position to guard.

What? What I posted was to show how garbage DRTG is as a stat when you've got a top 2 or 3 defender in the game anchoring your team's D in the paint when Rondo lets one of his guys get to the bucket easily. If you watch the Celtics more closely you'll be able to see this. Chris Paul does not let the guy he's covering get to the bucket as easy as Rondo does if Paul does this at all.

Greedy22
12-26-2012, 04:56 PM
The better question is who has? I don't see anyone talking about them doing anything in the playoffs other then maybe getting to the 2nd round.

I'm just saying, if somone is the clear #1 w/ a loaded team, you would think there would be some hype out there...yet there isn't at all.

On a side note, I think Kyrie Irving will be the #1 pg in about 2 years from now.

The playoffs haven't even started and we are just finishing up the 2nd month of the season, the talk will heat up after the AS break I'm sure. I can see them in the WCF, but we will see.

Well, it is the Clippers...people will be hesitant given their history as a franchise.

Yes that maybe true. What you dont realize is for you to be the best you must perform like the best. Not just regular season. CP3 seems to wilt in the playoffs, Rondo on the other hand strives. The best players play their best when their team needs them. CP3 played awful against the spurs.

Oh please CP3 has been superior in the playoffs as well, even for "struggling" last year it took Rondo's best career playoffs to barely top him.

18.5 PER/.487 TS%/ORtg 106, DRtg 102/.131 WS/48
14.5/9.2/6.0
24.9 PER/.562 TS%/ORtg 114, DRtg 109/.174 WS/48
20.5/10.1/5.2

Which guy are you taking are you taking come playoff time?

JesusWears24
12-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Why not just use their season stats.

2012-2013 stats

CP3 16.0 9.5 3.6 26.44

Rondo 13.7 11.9 5.1 20.15

2012 playoffs
pts. ast. rbs. fgs. to.
Rondo 17.3 11.9 6.7 .468 3.8

CP3 17.6 7.9 5.1 .427 3.9

Greedy22
12-26-2012, 05:04 PM
2012-2013 stats

CP3 16.0 9.5 3.6 26.44

Rondo 13.7 11.9 5.1 20.15

2012 playoffs
pts. ast. rbs. fgs. to.
Rondo 17.3 11.9 6.7 .468 3.8

CP3 17.6 7.9 5.1 .427 3.9

Now PER 36, CP3 is only playing 32.8 MPG compared to Rondo's 37.9

TheTreys
12-26-2012, 05:19 PM
When healthy? Derrick Rose. Former MVP. Something CP3 or Rondo hasnt done

Baller1
12-26-2012, 05:19 PM
As of right now, I've got CP3 and Rose as 1 and 2. I'd then have Westbrook and Parker as 3 and 4 respectively. You really can't start making a case for Rondo until the 5th spot really. His offensive game has improved but he has done this in the past where he starts off hot but then cools of drastically as the season goes on. His defense has been poor and inconsistent this season as well. I'd probably have Irving ahead of him and possibly Holiday if Rondo doesn't get his head out of his *** on defense anytime soon.

Also what's with people underrating Rose so much?

In my eyes, I simply leave Rose out of the discussion until he's healthy... And that's only because it's impossible to rate him at this time. When he's heathly though, I agree with you; number two is probably the best spot for him.

bucketss
12-26-2012, 05:54 PM
When healthy? Derrick Rose. Former MVP. Something CP3 or Rondo hasnt done

yeah because winning mvp means you're the best pg in the league.

Chronz
12-26-2012, 05:57 PM
If u need a PG who has the experience when it matters its Rondo.
Apparently thats not what Rondo's GM thought, nor what Team USA thought when they had to select a team to redeem/defend Gold.

And you say this as if hes a poise leader and not this hot tempered petulant star. Rondo has no experience when it comes to leading your team as its bonafide superstar aka an MVP caliber/All-NBA 1st Teamer.

Last time i check CP3 hasnt won anything. CP3 in the playoffs last was average at best.
Pay closer attention, CP3 led an injury depleted team beyond a superior one in Memphis despite injuries to himself. I agree it was average for him, but Im not going to assume hes going to enter every playoffs injured and shorthanded.

Rondo was the reason the Celtics got to the Eastern Finals against the Heat and he performed way better than CP3 did against the Spurs when they got swept.
Nah KG had the better playoffs when you consider how badly they fall off when hes not on the court. Its true that Rondo played brilliantly in that series and CP3 struggled, but CP3 had himself a better year overall.

You said if the celtics had a post player Rondo wouldnt be able to defer to him. Thats a stupid scenario.
No Im saying if your building a team and you happen to have a valuable asset like a post player, Rondo wouldn't compliment his game. Its a logical conclusion. And you could actually see how hard he makes it to run post plays with KG over his career.

All the Clippers have are players that space the floor. Outside of Griffin and Jordan all they do is shoot.
LOL. Yes outside our post players and slashers/cutters, all they do is shoot. LMFAO

Rondo is the PG that fits into todays system.
Not really because no matter what system your in, spacing at the point of attack is invaluable. Rondo doens't provide it nor can he blend with other ball dominant players as easily as CP3.

In short, Rondo can only play 1 way, CP3 can play EVERY WAY.

Hes fast, smart, athletic, and he can score.
But hes not as smart and he doesn't score anywhere near as well for his team and his overall passing efficiency is ridiculously outmatched by CP3.

Nobody runs a fast break at PG better than Rondo.
Sadly, the NBA isnt all fast break. The MAJORITY of possessions are played in the HALFCOURT, thats where the comparison truly ends.

If CP3 is the best PG in the NBA where is his hardware?
Im sorry but I dont see Rondo making All-NBA first teams. I didnt see Rondo make the cut for TEAM USA or get the same kind of MVP pub.

What facts?
Everything Ive said is a fact, feel free to disprove anything.

Year after year people say CP3 is the best PG in the NBA.... What has he done in his career? NOTHING. He can average anything he wants. When it comes down to the moments that really count he is nowhere to be seen. He was supposed to lead the Clippers last year but he failed.
lol you seem to be under the impression that we are all idiots, Im sorry but Rondo is a better player now than when he won his title as his teams 4/5th best player, but by your barometer, Rondo hasnt accomplished anything since? Thats absurd, only an idiot would claim Rondo hasn't improved since then. And if hes improved, you couldn't possibly point to his lack of a championship ring since then as a sign that hes done nothing since then.

I mean what exactly are you arguing here? That championships mean we can overlook any flaws? Thats a pretty big leap when you consider that Rondo wasn't even the 3rd best player when he won said title.

Stunner
12-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Nobody likes Jrue Holiday this year huh

b@llhog24
12-26-2012, 07:43 PM

Plenty of people like him, he's just not in this conversation.

Alayla
12-26-2012, 07:54 PM
CP3 no senseable argument can be made otherwise.

RyanStorm
12-26-2012, 07:55 PM
I think Chris Paul is the best PG this year. He is leading his team to wins. Celtics are lacking in wins, even with Rondo's more assists than CP.
I think the PG also implies overall leadership abilities, and Chris is really the best in the west for sure, and there is just east coast doubt, cause of Rondo.

If this was the Rondo that took Celtics to a championship, at that time he was the best. What is odd, is that he is having a career high in all categories, yet they don't look like they are gonna be the Eastern Conference Pick for the Finals.
Chris Paul is having a season low in all categories but is getting wins and now has his team in the #1 position in the league.

Even if Rondo has better numbers, he still isn't getting his team wins, which is a deal breaker for me. I mean Celtics are behind Nets and Knicks, so I would say Dwill is better than Rando at this point.

Alayla
12-26-2012, 07:56 PM

:facepalm: Please please dont overrate holiday and bring hate to him yet dont jinx the poor kid.

Alayla
12-26-2012, 07:58 PM
I think Chris Paul is the best PG this year. He is leading his team to wins. Celtics are lacking in wins, even with Rondo's more assists than CP.
I think the PG also implies overall leadership abilities, and Chris is really the best in the west for sure, and there is just east coast doubt, cause of Rondo.

If this was the Rondo that took Celtics to a championship, at that time he was the best. What is odd, is that he is having a career high in all categories, yet they don't look like they are gonna be the Eastern Conference Pick for the Finals.
Chris Paul is having a season low in all categories but is getting wins and now has his team in the #1 position in the league.

Even if Rondo has better numbers, he still isn't getting his team wins, which is a deal breaker for me. I mean Celtics are behind Nets and Knicks, so I would say Dwill is better than Rando at this point.

When did this happen certainly not in 07 08 when KG Allen and Perice where at there peaks and rondo was a 10 and 5 player.

Alayla
12-26-2012, 08:03 PM

He doesn't look at the per 36 minutes stats and advanced stats.

Also you seem to put way to much value in winning when judging individual players.

Greedy22
12-26-2012, 08:15 PM
CP3's numbers are down because he's playing under 33 mpg, look at his per 36 and the dude is absolutely killing it

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-26-2012, 08:17 PM
In my eyes, I simply leave Rose out of the discussion until he's healthy... And that's only because it's impossible to rate him at this time. When he's heathly though, I agree with you; number two is probably the best spot for him.

Fair enough.

Usually like to wait a full season to rate a player like him pretty high up in the rankings.

Jets012
12-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Such a dumb thread. Rondo is becoming the most overrated player in the league which is why I hate him. Anybody with half a brain would take CP3 over Rondo. CP3 is superior in every single category. Rondo only has more assists per game than CP3 because Rondo has to pass, since he is the worst shooter at his position. How can you honestly argue someone to be the best at their position when they are the worst at their position at arguably the most important quality? You can't trust Rondo with the ball in his hands late in the game because he can't shoot beyond 15 feet and he is an awful free throw shooter. I'd give the ball to CP3 over anyone else with 15 seconds left in the game. Just because CP3's stats are not as flashy as they use to be doesn't mean he isn't as productive.

And don't tell me Rondo is improving at shooting because to be quite honest he regressed the last few years. If he keeps it up I'll buy it but Rondo is as inconsistent as it comes, he is constantly taking games off. Rondo's rebounding looks nice on the stat sheet but as he is constantly trying to pad it, he doesn't get back on defense like he should, where he gambles WAY to often. And KG and Pierce and Allen have all helped Rondo. You have to be a fool to think otherwise. If you were to build around Rondo you will struggle because he needs good players around him to play well. CP3 can lead a team of scrubs (The Hornets) to one of the better records in the West. Put Rondo on the Nash's Suns team last year and they are a bottom 3 team in the league.

Don't get me wrong, Rondo is a gifted passer. He is awful at shooting which is the reason I would take 5 or 6 point guards over him. CP3, Rose, Westbrook are still way above him. Williams despite his bad year is still over him due to his body of work the last few years. So Rondo probably fits around 5-7. If he keeps it up the whole year I might move him to 4 over Williams, but I just don't see it.

Hawkeye15
12-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Such a dumb thread. Rondo is becoming the most overrated player in the league which is why I hate him. Anybody with half a brain would take CP3 over Rondo. CP3 is superior in every single category. Rondo only has more assists per game than CP3 because Rondo has to pass, since he is the worst shooter at his position. How can you honestly argue someone to be the best at their position when they are the worst at their position at arguably the most important quality? You can't trust Rondo with the ball in his hands late in the game because he can't shoot beyond 15 feet and he is an awful free throw shooter. I'd give the ball to CP3 over anyone else with 15 seconds left in the game. Just because CP3's stats are not as flashy as they use to be doesn't mean he isn't as productive.

And don't tell me Rondo is improving at shooting because to be quite honest he regressed the last few years. If he keeps it up I'll buy it but Rondo is as inconsistent as it comes, he is constantly taking games off. Rondo's rebounding looks nice on the stat sheet but as he is constantly trying to pad it, he doesn't get back on defense like he should, where he gambles WAY to often. And KG and Pierce and Allen have all helped Rondo. You have to be a fool to think otherwise. If you were to build around Rondo you will struggle because he needs good players around him to play well. CP3 can lead a team of scrubs (The Hornets) to one of the better records in the West. Put Rondo on the Nash's Suns team last year and they are a bottom 3 team in the league.

Don't get me wrong, Rondo is a gifted passer. He is awful at shooting which is the reason I would take 5 or 6 point guards over him. CP3, Rose, Westbrook are still way above him. Williams despite his bad year is still over him due to his body of work the last few years. So Rondo probably fits around 5-7. If he keeps it up the whole year I might move him to 4 over Williams, but I just don't see it.

I agree, Rondo is becoming the most overrated player in the game. Its mind boggling.

FriedTofuz
12-26-2012, 09:20 PM
rondo sucks, and his team cant win. look at chris paul , his team is on a 14 game winning streak.

SportsFanatic10
12-26-2012, 09:24 PM
chris paul obviously

Becks2307
12-26-2012, 09:26 PM

HELL No

If Rondo was on the Nets they would be far above .500 right now. Deron Williams does not belong in any PG conversation until he either gets his ankle fixed because he is atrocious right now.

Denver-boy
12-26-2012, 09:46 PM
ID take rondo over cp3 any day. he's most overrated player in the nba

Alayla
12-26-2012, 10:23 PM
ID take rondo over cp3 any day. he's most overrated player in the nba

Explain id love to hear your reasoning.

Alayla
12-26-2012, 10:27 PM

i agree with all but the bolded.

bucketss
12-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Explain id love to hear your reasoning.

Rondo has cooler passes.

bucketss
12-31-2012, 03:15 PM
he hasn't been to impressive recently.

shep33
12-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Cp3

JasonJohnHorn
12-31-2012, 03:25 PM
CP3?

I love Rondo, he's a better rebounder, but CP3 means so much to the Clippers, and he's the better shooter by far... and just as good a play maker (if not better, he does have the better assist-to-turnover ratio). Better defender? They are both pretty good.

It is important to keep in mind that CP3's numbers are with 33 minutes a game while Rondo's are with 37 minutes a game.

Stephen Curry is going to move up on the scale this year... though he does move to SG when Jack is on the floor... if he was running the point the entire game I think we'd see him get a higher assist total... he's doing really well this season though.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-31-2012, 03:26 PM
Tony parker :D

FlashMacker
12-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Steve Blake and it aint close

Arch Stanton
01-01-2013, 04:47 AM
Chris Paul.....
Then toss up of Westbrook, TP, Irving, Rondo