PDA

View Full Version : Hard statistical analysis on the Lakers reveal the problem (youll never guess)

lakerboy
12-25-2012, 04:14 AM
On MWP:
Point 1

World Peace is the second-most important player on the Lakers roster, and when he is in the game his in/out efficiency ranks as one of the top 10 players in the NBA this season.

Point 2

When World Peace is in, the Lakers play eight points per game better than the average NBA team. With him out, the Lakers are 13 points per game worse than the average NBA team. His in/out is plus-21. If youíre curious, Bryant is doing great this year, leading his team with an in/out of plus-22.

Point 3

The key is to put Lakers guard Kobe Bryant and World Peace in together. To maximize this opportunity, World Peace needs to be a starter. When the duo is in the lineup, it helps L.A. score 34 points better than the average NBA team. If you split the two up with World Peace in and Bryant out, the Lakers are one point better than average. With Bryant in and World Peace out, the Lakers play average (0).

On Dwight:
Point 1

Howard is not helping the Lakers when heís playing versus riding the bench. With Howard in, the Lakers are one point better than the average NBA lineup. But with Howard out, the Lakers are 10 points better. His in/out is minus-nine points.

Point 2

Lakers forward Pau Gasol (in/out of plus-six) isnít the problem. When Gasol is in and Howard out, Los Angeles is playing 21 points better than average. With Howard in and Gasol out, the Lakers play two points better than average, but the caveat is both Bryant and World Peace are in.

Point 3

The million-dollar question is if Gasol and Howard can coexist. Thus far this season when the two are in together, the Lakers are one point worse than the average NBA lineup.

Point 4

The trio of World Peace, Bryant and Gasol are the best for the Lakers. With those three in the lineup, Los Angeles plays 41 points better than average

Full article below. Awesome read.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1456889-lakers-dwight-howard-and-mwp-going-opposite-directions-dantoni-needs-help

Andrew32
12-25-2012, 04:18 AM
Can't they just call him Metta?

When I keep seeing World Peace it makes my head hurt.

Also their biggest problem is perimeter defense.

I didn't fully read the article but I pretty much fully agree with the parts/points you quoted and most of what it says.

Funny how people hate on Gasol but when he doesn't play or is on the bench the Lakers usually suck.
He is way more valuable then people think. Very smart player and glue guy and keeps the offense from stagnating with his passing.

TheMoneyTeam
12-25-2012, 04:27 AM
Bleacher Report.

PraiseJesus
12-25-2012, 04:42 AM
Since when is +/- hard statistical analysis???

Tysons_Beard
12-25-2012, 04:50 AM
A-HA!

It's all Dwight's fault..

SirSkyHook
12-25-2012, 05:04 AM
Im not surprised Howard has been underpreforming this year. I guess its his back still or whatever, but with all the complaining i begining to see what has been said about him by many posters.

I used to argue that before last year no one can say he was a diva or whatever, but damn he's pouring it on. The article about his feelings and him being sensitive was pathetic. The way he couldnt handle the media talking about his freethrows and started giving the cold shoulder was pathetic, and his overreliance on the team to get him going pisses him off. Your suppose to be a superstar Damn it!!!

SirSkyHook
12-25-2012, 05:06 AM
A-HA!

It's all Dwight's fault..

Pretty much. I would rather start Pau and Ibaka together right now, but Howard gonna get it together................. I hope.

Quinnsanity
12-25-2012, 05:39 AM
Bleacher Report.

First of all, he's not a full-time B/R writer, he's a special columnist who has actually only written a few things for B/R. He used to work for NBA.com as a Lakers beat reporter.

Second of all, get your head out of your *** and actually read something before bashing it because of the medium. He makes a lot of great points all completely backed up by stats and all you see is the site name. As a featured columnist and editor for Bleacher Report all I have to say is you're an idiot.

Money_23
12-25-2012, 12:09 PM
hard statistical analysis*
i was expecting someone to say "when kobe scores 30+ points........" :laugh2:

TheMoneyTeam
12-25-2012, 01:51 PM
First of all, he's not a full-time B/R writer, he's a special columnist who has actually only written a few things for B/R. He used to work for NBA.com as a Lakers beat reporter.

Second of all, get your head out of your *** and actually read something before bashing it because of the medium. He makes a lot of great points all completely backed up by stats and all you see is the site name. As a featured columnist and editor for Bleacher Report all I have to say is you're an idiot.

Special columnist for special people.

I'm deeply saddened for those who read and defend bleacher report. Happy holidays, all.

JesusWears24
12-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Let me lay it down right quick. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BASKETBALL! Statistical analysis can SUCK A FAT ONE. Stop posting these stupid threads about how u can diagnose the problem. Im pretty damn sure YOU ARE NOT A DOCTOR, SO U CANT DIAGNOSE ****! merry christmas

mrblisterdundee
12-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Can't we all just agree that Mike D'Antoni is the biggest problem with the Lakers?

mrblisterdundee
12-25-2012, 02:26 PM
On this Christmas Day, let's come together and praise D'Antoni for making the Lakers fail. May Kobe Bryant cry into early retirement with only five championships. Amen.

RangersMets
12-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Let me lay it down right quick. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BASKETBALL! Statistical analysis can SUCK A FAT ONE. Stop posting these stupid threads about how u can diagnose the problem. Im pretty damn sure YOU ARE NOT A DOCTOR, SO U CANT DIAGNOSE ****! merry christmas

I'm gonna diagnose your face with a butter knife

thephoenixson28
12-25-2012, 02:38 PM
So Your telling me the bench sucks. Who would've thought.

JesusWears24
12-25-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm gonna diagnose your face with a butter knife

Thats a threat..... I dont take kindly to threats. :mad:

Mr_Jones
12-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Thats a threat..... I dont take kindly to threats. :mad:

You take kindly to penetration.

JesusWears24
12-25-2012, 02:49 PM
You take kindly to penetration.

Hey:)

ztilzer31
12-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Imma call him Ron Artest.

I don't know enough about the rotations they use, but isn't Artest usually in when Kobe is in? If he is you wouldn't simply add the point differentials together.

Really poorly made article in my opinion. His stats don't make sense.

Lakers problem is simple. They don't have team chemistry yet, and they lack a bench. When Kobe is on the bench they have no scorer.

How to fix the Lakers? Develop chemistry between Pau, and Dwight. I think it would be dumb to trade Pau. He's one of the best passing big men in the league. He could definitely help Dwight elevate his game in the near future. Still I don't think they have the bench to elevate to a championship level this year. Robbert Horry was right about that.

TheMoneyTeam
12-25-2012, 02:51 PM

lmao