PDA

View Full Version : The Nash Effect

TheMoneyTeam
12-25-2012, 04:11 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--infographic--can-nash-save-the-lakers--023627058.html

The_Great_One
12-25-2012, 04:42 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--infographic--can-nash-save-the-lakers--023627058.html

Good one at first I thought "What's Money Team doing using the same thread title?" and then I saw that nice graphic and wow that is cool bro. No wonder why I had this good feeling seeing the reliable leader Nash out on the floor. And you know what D'Antoni seemed to have the air of a legitimate winning coach when Nash was in the huddle. Did you notice that? I am a happy Laker fan right now. I don't expect anything, but I have a good feeling about things to come. Anything is possible with Nash running the show.u

Chavacano
12-25-2012, 01:28 PM
How many effects does Nash have?

GREATNESS ONE
12-25-2012, 01:36 PM
^:laugh2:

GailGoodrich
12-25-2012, 01:45 PM
This is such a great title for a thread I'm shocked -- shocked! -- that it hasn't already been used.

Oh...wait a minute.....

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-25-2012, 01:57 PM
The Nash effect...get Kobe 41 shot attempts. :p

JesusWears24
12-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Mr. Jones is a beautiful young lad with broad hips and a tapered waste.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Mr. Jones is a beautiful young lad with broad hips and a tapered waste.

Hey muther****er! Get in line! :mad:

GREATNESS ONE
12-25-2012, 02:35 PM
^bahahaha

JesusWears24
12-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Hey muther****er! Get in line! :mad:

HE'S MINE!:mad:

popo85
12-25-2012, 07:58 PM
14 PPG 10 APG 4.5 REBS 52%FG And 3/1 asst/to ratio in his 2 games back now that's effective.

JNA17
12-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Nash has been the biggest difference maker for this team. The team looks much better with him on the floor.

Pearljammer II
12-25-2012, 11:49 PM
The offense looks so much more fluid... I can not wait till Dwight & Nash get the P&R down... it will be unstoppable... I love the fact Kobe finally has someone he trusts to pass the ball to, to bring up the ball in the 4th... Big win, very encouraging.

TheMoneyTeam
12-26-2012, 12:34 AM
Good one at first I thought "What's Money Team doing using the same thread title?" and then I saw that nice graphic and wow that is cool bro. No wonder why I had this good feeling seeing the reliable leader Nash out on the floor. And you know what D'Antoni seemed to have the air of a legitimate winning coach when Nash was in the huddle. Did you notice that? I am a happy Laker fan right now. I don't expect anything, but I have a good feeling about things to come. Anything is possible with Nash running the show.u

Nash is a true floor general who keeps the wheels of the offense in motion. He allows the Show to keep defenses honest with both a half court and a running threat that needs to be accounted for...It's similar to RGIII in a sense. Also having an extra coach on the floor rather than the sidelines can work wonders down the stretch (think Manning). Nash also keeps everyone involved and has the ability to turn chicken **** into chicken salad. Keeping everyone involved lends it's hand to the defensive end where the team plays harder knowing they're part of the game. Lastly an overlooked aspect of having Nash is not having Kobe handle the ball as much as he is turnover prone. The team will be much much more efficient going forward.

GailGoodrich
12-26-2012, 12:42 AM
I watched Nash playing defense today.

His biggest weakness, even at his age, is that he's not physically strong. Still, the guy works hard and doesn't cheat on screens. Compared to his offense he's no wiz on defense, but I've seen plenty of players who are a lot worse. And they don't end up chasing zippy point guards most of the time.

CaliDevil71
12-26-2012, 01:46 AM
I have seen a different Laker team the past two games. What is the main factor in this?? Nash?

GailGoodrich
12-26-2012, 02:00 AM
I have seen a different Laker team the past two games. What is the main factor in this?? Nash?

Nash.

He changes absolutely everything.

GailGoodrich
12-26-2012, 02:09 AM
This isn't meant as a back-hand diss to anyone else on the team, but simply a clear compliment to Nash. He's the leader of the team.

Listen to him talking about Metta:

"I want to say it's inspired, but this is what he's been doing the whole year," Nash said. "He pounds on the best player on the other team. He gets his hands on a lot of balls. Rebounds. Scores. Makes threes. I mean, he's playing phenomenal, he's a great teammate and he's a huge part of why we're able to win."

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/35150/metta-world-peace-keeps-lakers-on-track

Nobody else on the team, including the head coach, could make that kind of articulate and exacting statement, all in a way that reflects positively on both the speaker and the person being talked about. Yes, guys compliment each other all the time -- but Nash is right on the specific merits he cites, and on the context of Metta's contribution to the team throughout the season.

I respect him for keeping quiet when he wasn't able to play, but clearly the man has been paying attention in detail to what the team has been doing.

TheMoneyTeam
12-26-2012, 03:46 PM
This isn't meant as a back-hand diss to anyone else on the team, but simply a clear compliment to Nash. He's the leader of the team.

Listen to him talking about Metta:

Nobody else on the team, including the head coach, could make that kind of articulate and exacting statement, all in a way that reflects positively on both the speaker and the person being talked about. Yes, guys compliment each other all the time -- but Nash is right on the specific merits he cites, and on the context of Metta's contribution to the team throughout the season.

I respect him for keeping quiet when he wasn't able to play, but clearly the man has been paying attention in detail to what the team has been doing.

It was clearly evident too when he was injured as I'd see Nash jump off the bench when he was injured and grab a specific player or two during timeouts to mentor them or offer tidbits on their offensive execution.

MadBomber
12-26-2012, 06:24 PM
+1

this isn't meant as a back-hand diss to anyone else on the team, but simply a clear compliment to nash. He's the leader of the team.

Listen to him talking about metta:

Nobody else on the team, including the head coach, could make that kind of articulate and exacting statement, all in a way that reflects positively on both the speaker and the person being talked about. Yes, guys compliment each other all the time -- but nash is right on the specific merits he cites, and on the context of metta's contribution to the team throughout the season.

RoyalG333
12-26-2012, 08:39 PM
The one big difference I've seen with the Lakers actually having a PG

The pick n roll lethal-ness

You can tell that the pick comes from Dwight and it forces the defense to make a decision. Stick with the roll man and Nash burns them with a wide open shot. Leave the roll man and D12 get's the ball on the move towards the basket.

And because Nash is not a high flyer at all, it almost seems effortless. Like he's floating through. It just looks easy and makes the offense flow so much better. It causes the opposing team to play hard defense. This is best thing for the Lakers. In the past, no defense necessary for the opposing PG. That's no longer the case.

It just makes everything better :)

Sssmush
12-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Nash is wunderbar. He is living up to expectations and delivering even more than people could've imagined.

Awesome player. Excellent pairing with Kobe.

When it comes right down to it, I think that this Laker team beats the Clippers in a 7 game series.

Big Moves03
12-31-2012, 03:04 AM
Nash is wunderbar. He is living up to expectations and delivering even more than people could've imagined.

Awesome player. Excellent pairing with Kobe.

When it comes right down to it, I think that this Laker team beats the Clippers in a 7 game series.

With a healthy howard, if we slow the game down, we take them in 5 or 6.

MickeyMgl
12-31-2012, 08:11 AM

I don't know. That bench! :(

dodie53
01-06-2013, 12:39 AM
nash should grow his hair long again

bluefire7002
01-06-2013, 12:56 AM

agreed... I seriously would not mind one bit playing them in the first round of the playoffs

KillaInstinct24
01-06-2013, 03:17 AM
3-4 with nash..that's the nash effect :rolleyes:

Pluvious
01-06-2013, 03:36 AM
3-4 with nash..that's the nash effect :rolleyes:

? Losses to Clippers, Portland, and Denver since returning.

KillaInstinct24
01-06-2013, 03:38 AM
? Losses to Clippers, Portland, and Denver since returning.

yes? denver and portland are a shade above .500. and their ceiling is a lot lower than ours. your point is?

ok 3-3 then i see, my bad i saw the graphic up on bspn

Pluvious
01-06-2013, 03:56 AM
yes? denver and portland are a shade above .500. and their ceiling is a lot lower than ours. your point is?

ok 3-3 then i see, my bad i saw the graphic up on bspn

Oops...I meant they lost to Philly not Portland.