PDA

View Full Version : Will Lebron have a better career than Magic?

Pages : [1] 2

305 till I die
12-24-2012, 11:37 PM
If there is someone LeBron should be compared to its Magic, They are basically the same player.

b@llhog24
12-24-2012, 11:39 PM
He's on pace to.

barreleffact
12-24-2012, 11:46 PM
No way at all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it didnt take Magic 8 years to get a ring. In fact, he got one as a rookie and ended with 5. I just don't see it happening. He could have a better STATISTICAL career, but only that IMO.

LakersIn5
12-24-2012, 11:50 PM
No way at all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it didnt take Magic 8 years to get a ring. In fact, he got one as a rookie and ended with 5. I just don't see it happening. He could have a better STATISTICAL career, but only that IMO.

better supporting cast

bucketss
12-24-2012, 11:53 PM

not all players get to play in LA and with KAREEM their first year.

and correct me if im wrong didn't mj say he would go back to school if the bulls were to draft him. so he wasn't even willing to try to go through what lebron did.

barreleffact
12-24-2012, 11:58 PM
The fact remains he asked about career and from start to finish, Magic's was better. I stated Lebron may go down as more dominant statistically, but I doubt that honestly. When you are in that elite of company you are basically splitting hairs.

RonE Coleman
12-24-2012, 11:58 PM
5 rings.

No

The goods
12-25-2012, 12:01 AM
He does play more like magic, but I'd still take magic but mainly because he was the perfect PG.

Il Mago50
12-25-2012, 12:03 AM
Statistically probably. Rings wise I doubt it with Wade breaking down while Westbrook and Durant, Griffin and Paul, etc are in his way to get anywhere near 5 rings.

b@llhog24
12-25-2012, 12:05 AM
He does play more like magic, but I'd still take magic but mainly because he was the perfect PG.

DUDE! I just found out who that girl is in your Avy.

Alexa Vega :drool:

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-25-2012, 12:06 AM
No. Right behind him though.

JEDean89
12-25-2012, 12:08 AM
lebron shouldn't do the 3 superstar team when the heat are broken up. i think he should find a good center and then fill out the cast with nice players but not superstars at every position. i think of what he could be like on a team like the nuggets who have good but not great players at every position. if the heat had a like marcin gortat, goran dragic and and some other 8 mil dollar PF instead of having chris bosh they would have been a much better team. i just think it's near impossible to build a complete team around 3 20 million dollar contracts.

but ya magic will likely have the more storied career because he was more beloved, won 5 championships and played for the lakers.

ldawg
12-25-2012, 12:10 AM
Magic is one of those what if. Just think his career was cut short. Lebron can surpass him base on the years played. But if you know the story of Magic then lebron dont stand a real chance.

LakersSaintsLSU
12-25-2012, 12:11 AM
5 rings.

No

:clap::clap::clap: thank u...these bums are looking at individual stats we lakers fans want rings not mvps and espn spots smh

amos1er
12-25-2012, 12:12 AM
Will Lebron have a better career when all is said and done? Tough to tell at this point, but I would put my money on no. As far as a current comparison, Magic after 9 seasons had 5 rings and had much better career than Lebron has now after 9 seasons. The only thing going for Lebron is that Magic tragically contracted the HIV virus and had to retire early...othewise, this would most likely not even be up for debate.

As far as them being the same player, I would have to almost laugh. Magic was a closer from day one. In his rookie year he played center for an injured Kareem in a close out game in the finals and dropped 42, 15, 7 in one of the most clutch performances of all time. Lebron in his second finals appearance after 7 years in the league chocked harder than any other superstar in NBA history. So, no they are not the same player at all. In fact, it is an insult to Magic (arguably the 2nd greatest of all time behind Jordan) to compare him to Lebron.

netsgiantsyanks
12-25-2012, 12:14 AM
DUDE! I just found out who that girl is in your Avy.

Alexa Vega :drool:

the chick from spy kids?

305 till I die
12-25-2012, 12:16 AM
Will Lebron have a better career when all is said and done? Tough to tell at this point, but I would put my money on no. As far as a current comparison, Magic after 9 seasons had 5 rings and had much better career than Lebron has now after 9 seasons. The only thing going for Lebron is that Magic tragically contracted the HIV virus and had to retire early...othewise, this would most likely not even be up for debate.

As far as them being the same player, I would have to almost laugh. Magic was a closer from day one. In his rookie year he played center for an injured Kareem in a close out game in the finals and dropped 42, 15, 7 in one of the most clutch performances of all time. Lebron in his second finals appearance after 7 years in the league chocked harder than any other superstar in NBA history. So, no they are not the same player at all. In fact, it is an insult to Magic (arguably the 2nd greatest of all time behind Jordan) to compare him to Lebron.

Actually watch the games these guys are extremely similar.

bucketss
12-25-2012, 12:23 AM

lmao look at you how do you feel when magic johnson HIMSELF made that comparison? lmafo i guess you know more about magic than magic himself:facepalm:

Mr_Jones
12-25-2012, 12:31 AM
:clap::clap::clap: thank u...these bums are looking at individual stats we lakers fans want rings not mvps and espn spots smh

shut up.

rickshaw
12-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Neither will compare to Horry according to this thread.

b@llhog24
12-25-2012, 12:34 AM
the chick from spy kids?

:nod:

She grew up bro.

http://durancemagazine.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/alexa-vega-machete-kills1.jpg

:drool:

Mr_Jones
12-25-2012, 12:36 AM
:nod:

She grew up bro.

http://durancemagazine.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/alexa-vega-machete-kills1.jpg

:drool:

her boobies are fake though. fake boobies aren't as cool as boobies that are real. what im trying to say here is, is that i love **** and balls.

b@llhog24
12-25-2012, 12:38 AM
her boobies are fake though. fake boobies aren't as cool as boobies that are real. what im trying to say here is, is that i love **** and balls.

Well that's always nice.

dhopisthename
12-25-2012, 12:42 AM
um rings are important, but I think it is way easier to get rings when you start on a team with a kareem(25 ppg) and Jamaal Wilkes(20 ppg his last 3 years). Lebron started with carlos boozer(he left next year) ricky davis(15), and big z(15).

Beltrans Mole
12-25-2012, 12:43 AM
shut up.

Glad someone else said what I was thinking. "Us Lakers fans who also root for the Saints...yada yada yada"

bucketss
12-25-2012, 12:48 AM
Glad someone else said what I was thinking. "Us Lakers fans who also root for the Saints...yada yada yada"

he also roots for lsu, i wonder why he doesn't also like the hornets lmfao.

Slug3
12-25-2012, 12:50 AM
Magic got very lucky and got on a talented team with a great coach. Not saying he isn't great or anything just that he was able to start his career off with winning.

bucketss
12-25-2012, 12:50 AM
Magic got very lucky and got on a talented team with a great coach. Not saying he isn't great or anything just that he was able to start his career off with winning.

not really luck he made sure he went to the lakers.

Tonji10
12-25-2012, 12:52 AM

Statistically, LeBron will undoubtedly have one of the greatest resumes in Basketball, period. That’s only statistically. However, better career? I doubt it. Heck, I wouldn’t call his career better than Magic when it's all said and done, unless LeBron wins 5 or more championship. And I agree with mostly everything that this sir said ^

amos1er
12-25-2012, 12:53 AM
lmao look at you how do you feel when magic johnson HIMSELF made that comparison? lmafo i guess you know more about magic than magic himself:facepalm:

Now you know how I feel when I posted video's of Lebron himself saying that Kobe was better than him in 06-10. How come when I post video's it's not a good argument, yet you guys will use expert opinions when it is convenient for you?

305 till I die
12-25-2012, 12:56 AM
People forget the fact that Lebron is getting better every year, and is more athletic than Magic. He relied on athleticism early and didn't have the scoring repertoire he has now.

LakersMaster24
12-25-2012, 12:59 AM
Lebron needs 4 more rings.

michael811
12-25-2012, 01:00 AM
magic was far more skilled then Lebron is and he faced much tougher competition. celtics in the 80s pistons in the late 80s and Jordan's bulls in the early 90s

bucketss
12-25-2012, 01:00 AM
Now you know how I feel when I posted video's of Lebron himself saying that Kobe was better than him in 06-10. How come when I post video's it's not a good argument, yet you guys will use expert opinions when it is convenient for you?

thats a cool story and all but when did i ever disagree on that? not all lebron supporters have the same opinion.

305 till I die
12-25-2012, 01:05 AM
magic was far more skilled then Lebron is and he faced much tougher competition. celtics in the 80s pistons in the late 80s and Jordan's bulls in the early 90s

The Thunder have a chance to become a great rival.

b@llhog24
12-25-2012, 01:22 AM
thats a cool story and all but when did i ever disagree on that? not all lebron supporters have the same opinion.

This.

kswissdaf
12-25-2012, 01:25 AM
I always wonder why people say Lebron needs 6 chips to be better than Jordan or 5 to be better than magic. Im pretty sure most people think Jordan/Magic>Bill Russell who has 11

amos1er
12-25-2012, 02:51 AM

So then you would agree with Lebron that Kobe was the best player in the NBA from 2006-2010?

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-25-2012, 03:00 AM
42 pts, 15 rebounds, 7 assists and playing all 5 positions in the championship clinching game with the Captain out with an ankle injury.....all as a ROOKIE!!!! Nuff said.

NYtilIdie
12-25-2012, 03:02 AM

Well enjoy the next 3 years because you won't be anywhere near The Finals with D'Antoni.

amos1er
12-25-2012, 03:11 AM
42 pts, 15 rebounds, 7 assists and playing all 5 positions in the championship clinching game with the Captain out with an ankle injury.....all as a ROOKIE!!!! Nuff said.

:clap:

Yup, I brought that up earlier and of course the Lebronites still hit me with their stats arguments.

Magic had more of a clutch gene in his rookie year and first finals appearance than Lebron had in his 7th season and second finals appearance. Magic was a winner from day one and has more clutchness in his pinky than 10 Lebrons have in their whole bodies. So while they may have some similarities in their "stats", the difference in their ability to win and close out games are galaxies apart.

Federal Reserve
12-25-2012, 03:14 AM
Lebron is already many levels above Magic. The only reason why Magic is considered a top three player is because some people feel bad for his having AIDS. Lebron is a better shooter, passer, scorer, rebounder, etc.

amos1er
12-25-2012, 03:18 AM
Lebron is already many levels above Magic. The only reason why Magic is considered a top three player is because some people feel bad for his having AIDS. Lebron is a better shooter, passer, scorer, rebounder, etc.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

I just might make this my new sig. I almost spit up my soda all over the computer screen when I read this. WOW just WOW!!!

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-25-2012, 03:21 AM

Educate yourself about the difference between having HIV and having AIDS, because you sound like a damn pathetic fool right about now. You should be banned for how many ever days there are left in this calendar year for your low intelligent post. Go read a book.

amos1er
12-25-2012, 03:24 AM
Just made it my new sig. I have never heard such a foolish statement on PSD in all my time on here. Nothing any Laker/Kobe fan has ever said was that ignorant/trollish. The Lebronites surely have the biggest homeristic fools amongst them.

bklynny67
12-25-2012, 03:26 AM

PSD has so many idiots on these boards. Not gonna point any fingers, but I'm sure all other posters will be able to pick you out.

amos1er
12-25-2012, 03:28 AM
PSD has so many idiots on these boards. Not gonna point any fingers, but I'm sure all other posters will be able to pick you out.

I'm very proud to know that a Kobe/Laker fan would never post anything this foolish.

Becks2307
12-25-2012, 03:52 AM
Lebron doesnt need to have 5 rings to pass magic. If lebron can get to 3 rings and keep this current pace he will be in with a shot.

Lebron's statistical career has been ridiculous so far.

Bruno
12-25-2012, 03:54 AM

Don't be ridiculous.

TheMoneyTeam
12-25-2012, 03:54 AM
He's on pace to.

There's no such thing as 'on pace' for athletes. If there was Magic would have lapped James already. Magic accomplished everything there is to accomplish in basketball while James still has the second half of his career non-guaranteed. Magic is etched in stone, James' career is still light years behind while being undecided.

TheMoneyTeam
12-25-2012, 04:04 AM

I think your sig responded to your own post but here's General Amin's response after I forwarded your post.

http://gif-central.blogspot.com/2012/05/idi-amin-laughing.html

b@llhog24
12-25-2012, 05:08 AM
He's on pace to.

There's no such thing as 'on pace' for athletes. If there was Magic would have lapped James already. Magic accomplished everything there is to accomplish in basketball while James still has the second half of his career non-guaranteed. Magic is etched in stone, James' career is still light years behind while being undecided.

Ok then.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-25-2012, 06:31 AM
Well enjoy the next 3 years because you won't be anywhere near The Finals with D'Antoni.

That's for the info.

Enjoy another decade of zero rings.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-25-2012, 06:34 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-25-2012, 06:35 AM
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

I just might make this my new sig. I almost spit up my soda all over the computer screen when I read this. WOW just WOW!!!

:laugh:

STL Don
12-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Even if he does, Magic can still argue that his career was struck by an injury that caused him to retire early. It'd be a lot different if he hadn't got diagnosed with it.

RLundi
12-25-2012, 09:03 AM

Dude, shut up.

JasonJohnHorn
12-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Well... there are a couple ways to look at this question, but ultimately I say no.

LBJ will never mean to the game what Magic and Bird and even Dr. J meant to the game. Those three brought basketball tot he nation and made it perhaps the most popular sport in the country.

As a player, Magic could have been a 30-point scorer if that is what he wanted to do, or if that is what his team needed him to do, but he was a pass-first PG. Magic was just as good a rebounder as LBJ, and a far better player maker, but LBJ clearly has put more points up on the board. Defensively, LBJ is likely the more versatile of the two, but he never came close to leading the league in steals like Magic did. The Lakers then were known for their offence, but Magic had a great size advantage over the guys he normally covered (6 foot PGS), but also had the versatility that LBJ had in that he could guard any position on the floor. Magic's defence is underrated because the focus of those LA teams was scoring, but he could defend with the best of them.

Then there are the rings. LBJ has a long way to go to be in the conversation with rings.

And lastly there is longevity. LBJ likely, barring injury, will have a much longer career than did Magic, because after testing HIV positive, Magic cut his career short at a young age (he still had likely five all-star seasons left in the tank at that point).

At the end of the day, looking at the two players statistically, LBJ will likely at least as good a career as Magic, and his career totals will almost certainly be more impressive, but I don't think he's ever going to do for the game what Magic did for the game, and it is going to be very difficult for him to win as many times as Magic won. Magic won 5 NBA championships, but he also made several other appearances in the finals (I believe 8 total). And Magic did all that by the age of 31 (though he had the great benefit of being drafted by a team that already featured Kareem).

I'll say when all is said and done, though LBJ will have better career stats, that Magic had the better career and did more for the league.

Guppyfighter
12-25-2012, 10:13 AM
Lebron James will be statistically better in the end.

Stuckey#3
12-25-2012, 10:39 AM

Can you be banned for being a terrible person? Your fellow Heat fans should be embarrassed. No class at all.

Andrew32
12-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Playoffs (through 7 years)

Magic : 19 / 9 / 13apg on 52% shooting.
Lebron : 28 / 9 / 7apg on 47% shooting.

Magic was better imo.

Lebron had a bunch of years in Cleveland where he didn't perform that well in the playoffs or eventually clunked out and played badly in elimination series.
There was also 2011.

Magic over his first 7-9 years really only had 1 year like that and only 1-2 of those type of moments and not nearly to such a bad degree.

Basically what I am saying is Magic's first 9 years were significantly more impressive then Lebron's.

Lebron will need to beast hard the next few years and probably end his career with significantly better longevity to even make him VS Magic a discussion.

It's possible but I don't know if he can displace anyone in the Top 5 (Jordan, Shaq, Kareem, Magic, Russell).

bucketss
12-25-2012, 11:22 AM
So then you would agree with Lebron that Kobe was the best player in the NBA from 2006-2010?

yeah i also said kobe is the best player since jordan, and kobe prime was better than lbj now. but you think i hate kobe or something lmao.

3RDASYSTEM
12-25-2012, 11:29 AM

MAGIC/KOBE both have 5 rings right? both players also are the biggest frontrunners in nba history, since they both said they wouldnt go to any squad but LA coming out of college/highschool....MAGIC said ALCINDOR/LA or back to school, KOBE said DIESEL/LA or he'll enter 97draft,but i get it MAGIC did it from day1 rookie yr, KOBE did it yr4(college nba rules)..i wonder how they would have fared with 18-20 win squads coming into NBA, would MAGIC be STOCKTON/NASH/CP3 and KOBE be MELO?

players like JORDAN/BRON/AI took bottom feeders to annual relevance because they are 'franchise' players, AI/BRON basically had KWAME/SMUSH entire time with they drafted bottom feeder squads, KOBE had them for 3yrs(05-07) and found out how far a 'sidekick/backupturnedstarter could carry a squad

but i get it ..a ring is the 'thing' to boost your 'game' up

how come HORRY/FISH aint top 30players of alltime individually...12rings combined?

and stop using when a person choked to justify your agenda, rather you choked in your 1st or 4th FINALS..a choke is a choke, see TRAGIC MAGIC and 04/08 LAKERS FINALS to verify your silly logic

MALONE choked against BULLS right? so would a ring in 99 or 04 change that? he would still have that choke **** on his resume right? does AROD get a pass because he played well in 09 postseason after choking away in the other 8postseasons prior and the couple after 09(hes a bigger choker since he won his 'ring')? see what i mean...didnt JORDAN choke since he only has 6rings in 15seasons? since JORDAN got swept out in playoffs doesnt that mean he choked? since they said all 'superstars' can win at least 1game in a 7game series? or is JORDAN exempt from 'choking' because he won 6rings after failing his first 7yrs? game is game, thats what MAGIC had, not because he won a ring his rookie yr or didnt 'choke' til TRAGIC MAGIC, because he had 'game', and ALCINDOR/WORTHY/BUSS/RILEY...a supporting cast players dream for

is KOBE a choker because of his MVP season where he lost in FINALS? shouldnt the league MVP win it all with the greatest coach ever and another no1 option on his side? is that not choking? see how much weight choking has? about as much as a 'ring'

you think BRON 'game' fell off because he lost in 07 and 11' FINALS? you think his game now has elevated because hes fresh off a 'ring'? the answer is, no

he had his game since his inception, and even before in highschool..same with MAGIC, he did what he did at MICHST. and on to the league

MAGIC/KOBE winning the 'ring' with a 18win team would be something impressive to talk about,not going to stacked 56win teams and you cant even get them over the hump til 4yrs later,thats the making of a developing player,not a superstar/franchise changing type

MAGIC started over ALCINDOR in FINALS because he was the 'franchiseguard' who was 6'9'', now answer this, why wasnt KOBE starting over JONES? aint that disrespect to a top 5 player ever,to backup a 'good' player for yrs?

Money_23
12-25-2012, 11:59 AM

lmfao, i'd call you out but since you have a Cheryl Cole gif I won't.

but major :facepalm::facepalm:
i'll give you Lebron is the better scorer but that's about it.

TheMoneyTeam
12-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Playoffs (through 7 years)

Magic : 19 / 9 / 13apg on 52% shooting.
Lebron : 28 / 9 / 7apg on 47% shooting.

Magic was better imo.

Lebron had a bunch of years in Cleveland where he didn't perform that well in the playoffs or eventually clunked out and played badly in elimination series.
There was also 2011.

Magic over his first 7-9 years really only had 1 year like that and only 1-2 of those type of moments and not nearly to such a bad degree.

Basically what I am saying is Magic's first 9 years were significantly more impressive then Lebron's.

Lebron will need to beast hard the next few years and probably end his career with significantly better longevity to even make him VS Magic a discussion.

It's possible but I don't know if he can displace anyone in the Top 5 (Jordan, Shaq, Kareem, Magic, Russell).

lol a) for using stats b) for thinking Russell is anywhere near top 5

MAGIC/KOBE both have 5 rings right? both players also are the biggest frontrunners in nba history, since they both said they wouldnt go to any squad but LA coming out of college/highschool....MAGIC said ALCINDOR/LA or back to school, KOBE said DIESEL/LA or he'll enter 97draft,but i get it MAGIC did it from day1 rookie yr, KOBE did it yr4(college nba rules)..i wonder how they would have fared with 18-20 win squads coming into NBA, would MAGIC be STOCKTON/NASH/CP3 and KOBE be MELO?

players like JORDAN/BRON/AI took bottom feeders to annual relevance because they are 'franchise' players, AI/BRON basically had KWAME/SMUSH entire time with they drafted bottom feeder squads, KOBE had them for 3yrs(05-07) and found out how far a 'sidekick/backupturnedstarter could carry a squad

how come HORRY/FISH aint top 30players of alltime individually...12rings combined?

and stop using when a person choked to justify your agenda, rather you choked in your 1st or 4th FINALS..a choke is a choke, see TRAGIC MAGIC and 04/08 LAKERS FINALS to verify your silly logic

MALONE choked against BULLS right? so would a ring in 99 or 04 change that? he would still have that choke **** on his resume right? does AROD get a pass because he played well in 09 postseason after choking away in the other 8postseasons prior and the couple after 09(hes a bigger choker since he won his 'ring')? see what i mean...didnt JORDAN choke since he only has 6rings in 15seasons? since JORDAN got swept out in playoffs doesnt that mean he choked? since they said all 'superstars' can win at least 1game in a 7game series? or is JORDAN exempt from 'choking' because he won 6rings after failing his first 7yrs? game is game, thats what MAGIC had, not because he won a ring his rookie yr or didnt 'choke' til TRAGIC MAGIC, because he had 'game', and ALCINDOR/WORTHY/BUSS/RILEY...a supporting cast players dream for

is KOBE a choker because of his MVP season where he lost in FINALS? shouldnt the league MVP win it all with the greatest coach ever and another no1 option on his side? is that not choking? see how much weight choking has? about as much as a 'ring'

you think BRON 'game' fell off because he lost in 07 and 11' FINALS? you think his game now has elevated because hes fresh off a 'ring'? the answer is, no

he had his game since his inception, and even before in highschool..same with MAGIC, he did what he did at MICHST. and on to the league

MAGIC/KOBE winning the 'ring' with a 18win team would be something impressive to talk about,not going to stacked 56win teams and you cant even get them over the hump til 4yrs later,thats the making of a developing player,not a superstar/franchise changing type

MAGIC started over ALCINDOR in FINALS because he was the 'franchiseguard' who was 6'9'', now answer this, why wasnt KOBE starting over JONES? aint that disrespect to a top 5 player ever,to backup a 'good' player for yrs?

Bryant was traded to Los Angeles not drafted.

Money_23
12-25-2012, 12:03 PM

can't tell if you are trolling. Magic played center in place of Kareem because he was injured.....:facepalm:

Slug3
12-25-2012, 03:51 PM
I wonder how many people on here was actually able to watch magic play.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-25-2012, 03:54 PM

Exactly, well put.

Hawkeye15
12-25-2012, 04:04 PM
LeBron's lack of championship help off the bat will make it nearly impossible to have the better career, but he could end up the better individual player.

Hawkeye15
12-25-2012, 04:05 PM

not many on this site, guarantee it.

IKnowHoops
12-25-2012, 06:34 PM

if Magic>Lebron then Horry>Magic

Out of these three players, Lebron is easily the best. By your standards Horry has the best career because you dont care about mvps and espn spots. SMH

Chronz
12-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Yes, Magic's lack of defense and longevity will probably doom him in any comparison with future Bron.

Money_23
12-25-2012, 07:03 PM
if Magic>Lebron then Horry>Magic

Out of these three players, Lebron is easily the best. By your standards Horry has the best career because you dont care about mvps and espn spots. SMH

not sure if trolling....

Chronz
12-25-2012, 07:03 PM

Elaborate, how you can mock a man for using stats but then mock a man for having a guy like Russell in his top 5? So he cant use stats and he cant value players that dont put up numbers? What is he suppose to do?

I hate his list as much as anyone but I hate your argument far worse.

b@llhog24
12-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Yes, Magic's lack of defense and longevity will probably doom him in any comparison with future Bron.

Apparently defense doesn't matter in these comparisons.

Sactown
12-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Magic will have a more glamorous career with the 5 rings and being a cornerstone of an era along with being on the dream team, but Lebron I think should go down as a better player as he is a defensive monster with freakish athleticism and court vision with the ability to score so efficiently unfortunately he will always be over looked because he wasn't drafted to a dynasty and because of the decision. It's unfortunate that so many are over looking what we are currently seeing because of hate.

ztilzer31
12-25-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm really tired of hearing "insert name has this many rings". Actually the Lakers got 5 rings with Magic on them. Magic is yet to win a championship by himself.

ztilzer31
12-25-2012, 07:30 PM
^^ Forreal. Take away Wade and Bosh and you still have a better team then Lebron ever played on in Cleveland.

Hawkeye15
12-25-2012, 08:33 PM

But that doesn't necessarily mean Magic's CAREER doesn't end up better. In those years, he walked straight into a title contender, and made the most of it. LeBron may very well end up the better individual, but that doesn't always mean the better career.

b-ballistic
12-25-2012, 08:56 PM
maybe

Chronz
12-25-2012, 09:59 PM
But that doesn't necessarily mean Magic's CAREER doesn't end up better.
I know what your getting at so I cant really argue against that possibility, but when I evaluate careers, how good the player actually was and for how long, matters more to me than greater set of accolades.

But even arguing that stance I think its very likely Bron surpasses his career, I dont think his MVP reign is finished yet, if he gets another F.MVP he will have one less than Magic. You add to that a bunch of All-NBA/All-Star selections and the longevity bit can get really daunting.

MickeyMgl
12-25-2012, 10:30 PM
better supporting cast

vs better supporting casts.

TheNumber37
12-25-2012, 10:40 PM
No, Magic will he more decorated and his post NBA career will be better than James.

JerseyPalahniuk
12-25-2012, 11:09 PM

You are comparing Zydranas Ilgauskas with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

bucketss
12-25-2012, 11:23 PM
^^ Forreal. Take away Wade and Bosh and you still have a better team then Lebron ever played on in Cleveland.

are you blem?:facepalm:

b@llhog24
12-25-2012, 11:28 PM

b@llhog24
12-25-2012, 11:29 PM
Just made it my new sig. I have never heard such a foolish statement on PSD in all my time on here. Nothing any Laker/Kobe fan has ever said was that ignorant trollish. The Lebronites surely have the biggest homeristic fools amongst them.

I disagree. (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=790826)

Hawkeye15
12-26-2012, 03:28 AM
I know what your getting at so I cant really argue against that possibility, but when I evaluate careers, how good the player actually was and for how long, matters more to me than greater set of accolades.

But even arguing that stance I think its very likely Bron surpasses his career, I dont think his MVP reign is finished yet, if he gets another F.MVP he will have one less than Magic. You add to that a bunch of All-NBA/All-Star selections and the longevity bit can get really daunting.

Trust me, I am with you here. That being said, I think we both agree the magnitude of Magic's career make is nearly impossible for most to argue many others had a better career, despite the fact that we may agree that said player simply was better, and had more of an impact.

Chronz
12-26-2012, 04:25 AM
Trust me, I am with you here.

That being said, I think we both agree the magnitude of Magic's career make is nearly impossible for most to argue many others had a better career

Wat? :facepalm:

My entire post was me disagreeing with that opinion.

Sactown
12-26-2012, 04:35 AM

To be honest I agree with hawk, Magic won so many titles so quickly, plus him being the cornerstone of an entire era, which would be so difficult for Lebron to do with Kobe, Duncan, Shaquille, Tmac being at the beginning of his career while KD, Melo, Wade, Rose and many others being through his prime and end of his career I just don't see him having the affect Magic had even if I do believe he will be the better all time player.

John Walls Era
12-26-2012, 04:43 AM

:laugh: Great post

zadora5
12-26-2012, 04:56 AM
Who the hell do you guys think you are ? Every person in this world is entitled to there own thoughts and opinions, wishing people would get banned ? Because of what ? Your opinion ? Most of you ignorant people on here are ignorant and should be banned just for acting like your **** don't stink, grow the hell up.

zadora5
12-26-2012, 05:00 AM
All you ignorant ****s are the laughing stock of the PSD website, I've been a user here for 5 years, and the **** you guys say is stupid as ****

IKnowHoops
12-26-2012, 05:05 AM
not sure if trolling....

Hahaha

I can definitely see why you are wondering. I'm just making the point that MVP's and stats are all part of the measuring stick that make for a great career. Its the reason Magic is much better than Robert Horry. Now if Robert Horry averaged 30 8 8 during all the playoffs he won rings, then he would be better than Magic with his seven rings but because he doesnt have those stats, thats why he is not better than magic.

To me MVP's are worth more than titles because a title just means you were also on a great team. You could be the best player to ever play the game of basketball by far and not win a ring because you were on the bobcats. Mvp's and stats mean more than rings IMO because of that fact

MickeyMgl
12-26-2012, 06:51 AM
You are comparing Zydranas Ilgauskas with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

KAJ was sitting at home nursing a sprained ankle while Magic was earning his first Finals MVP.

MickeyMgl
12-26-2012, 06:56 AM
To me MVP's are worth more than titles because a title just means you were also on a great team. You could be the best player to ever play the game of basketball by far and not win a ring because you were on the bobcats. Mvp's and stats mean more than rings IMO because of that fact

The flip side is that players on championship teams typically sacrifice MVPs and stats in order to help the team win. There is no simple formula for evaluating a player.

MickeyMgl
12-26-2012, 07:05 AM

Yeah, he's very gracious.

MickeyMgl
12-26-2012, 07:07 AM

Paul Westhead is a great coach??

MickeyMgl
12-26-2012, 07:19 AM

Troll checklist:
Keyword "AIDS"
"better passer"
"better shooter"

Yep, it's a troll.

MickeyMgl
12-26-2012, 07:27 AM
MAGIC/KOBE winning the 'ring' with a 18win team would be something impressive to talk about

No s h i t... even making the playoffs with an 18-win team would be a miracle.

amos1er
12-26-2012, 07:42 AM

Don't even bother with him...it's a complete waste...

MickeyMgl
12-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Lebron I think should go down as a better player as he is a defensive monster with freakish athleticism and court vision with the ability to score so efficiently

You should not mention "court vision" when touting any player over Magic Johnson. Every player in history loses in the comparison. That's just... a no.

Lebron passes well. Magic is the greatest passer, ever. No contest.

Lebron is an excellent defender. Magic, I'll just say, was underrated. Lebron is the better 1-on-1 defender, but Magic was a great help defender.

Magic was a better shooter. From the arc, from the free throw line, hook shots with either hand, from wherever. Except dunking. Actually, not to be funny about it, truly Lebron is a great - and I mean great - finisher around the basket. Magic played mostly below the rim. But he was a better shooter.

As a better shooter, and a better ballhandler, it's hard to say Magic wasn't a better scorer.... except that he didn't typically look to score. But he scored more efficiently than James does. His FG% eFG%, TS% are all better. He could have absolutely led the league in scoring had he set his mind to it. But he was always pass-first.

I'm willing to call the rebounding a wash. What's not a wash is the clutchness, from day one. That's where the championships come in. I wouldn't just count championships and Finals apperances (9 in 12 years) and make it all about that if he wasn't completely CLUTCH and played the biggest part in all that Laker success.

Sure, Kareem also won an Finals MVP in that time. So did Worthy. But Magic led the Lakers to the Finals without Worthy, and he also led them there without Kareem. The team's success was about him more than about anybody else. And 5 championships wasn't 6 only because the Lakers basically lost their backcourt (Magic himself, and Byron Scott, their leading scorer that year) heading into the '89 Finals after rolling through the West 12-0.

Put Magic on ANY team, and that team becomes a contender, because whatever that team was missing, Magic could do, and do well.

IKnowHoops
12-26-2012, 08:48 AM
The flip side is that players on championship teams typically sacrifice MVPs and stats in order to help the team win. There is no simple formula for evaluating a player.

I disagree with that. Jordan,Olajuawan,Duncan,Shaq,Kobe,Lebron, Dwyane Wade, These guys essentially make up the best players on teams that won mvp's, and they all have won rings. And all these guys put up monster stats on there chanpionship teams, so being a champion enhanced stats. Lebron was an MVP on Cleveland, and Miami and vertually put up the same stats, but shot at a better percentage because when your on a championship team you are playing with players that are good enough and smart enough to make you a better more efficient player so playing on a championship team will give you a better chance of winning an mvp.

Money_23
12-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Hahaha

I can definitely see why you are wondering. I'm just making the point that MVP's and stats are all part of the measuring stick that make for a great career. Its the reason Magic is much better than Robert Horry. Now if Robert Horry averaged 30 8 8 during all the playoffs he won rings, then he would be better than Magic with his seven rings but because he doesnt have those stats, thats why he is not better than magic.

MVPs also come with team success, you can be the best player in the league but your team have a mediocre record, you will almost certainly not win the MVP. Then if you talk strictly about the best player in the league, it becomes a subjective conversation. It can go both ways for either MVP or the FMVP.

But even then, Magic has 3 MVPS doesn't he? Plus he has 5 championships with 3 FMVPS one of which was won in his rookie season with arguably (imo THE one) the single greatest finals performance of all time. Hard to match that.

Jahari Kavi
12-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Magic is not a better shooter or scorer....and my answer is....yes. Rings are never my deciding factor for several reasons....from a pure skill standpoint Lebron is better...Magic is a better passer and that's about it.....Lebron will probably get 2 or 3 more mvps and some more rings.....

Jahari Kavi
12-26-2012, 11:27 AM
I actually don't think Lebron totally mirrors Magic either...Ive always felt like people who argued this are only doing so because they don't want to acknowledge that Lebron is better skill wise

3RDASYSTEM
12-26-2012, 11:38 AM

Dont know if you're trolling

he was 13th pick in the 96 draft and got traded via his demand to go to LA and not get drafted by the NETS/HORNETS right?

so either way it was thru the 1996 draft...not the 2000 draft you fiens seem to think

3RDASYSTEM
12-26-2012, 11:41 AM

exactly dummy

now how should you fare going to a 56 win squad and youre a top 5 player ever, at 18yrs old?

BRON/AI/JORDAN were drafted by 18win teams and had to build them thru they game/greatness

can you imagine if they would have went to a stacked 56win squad and they rode the bench

now thats what the **** i call a miracle, a backup guard who is now top 5 ever,based on 5 rings....what a ****ing miracle

3RDASYSTEM
12-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Don't even bother with him...it's a complete waste...

of course its a complete waste of your time when you get put in your place

you backupguard lovers

thats why i know none of you and i mean none of you have ever competed in organized bball, even sports for that matter

you guys just watch MAGIC/ESPN and get a thrill and sense of comfort when he says .....KOBE has 5 rings

but yea i get it, everybody on here thought i was on some gibberish **** for speaking on a overhyped player being a backup

they thought i was lying/trolling/hating for calling him what he was, a backupturned starter

a allstar starter but not for his regular season team'

yea lets leave this guy alone,hes on point

''But let me reply to others who i feel arent as concrete as 3rdasystem

he says too much solid **** for me to reply to'' -QUOTE=amos1er

Money_23
12-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Dont know if you're trolling

he was 13th pick in the 96 draft and got traded via his demand to go to LA and not get drafted by the NETS/HORNETS right?

so either way it was thru the 1996 draft...not the 2000 draft you fiens seem to think

he didn't demand anything. Jerry West worked out a deal way before the draft to trade Vlade for the Hornet's pick if they pick Kobe. I think you've said this like 20 times in the past 2 weeks throughout threads. And even though like 10 people correct you everytime you are still in denial and keep posting lies, why?

Money_23
12-26-2012, 11:48 AM
exactly dummy

now how should you fare going to a 56 win squad and youre a top 5 player ever, at 18yrs old?

BRON/AI/JORDAN were drafted by 18win teams and had to build them thru they game/greatness

can you imagine if they would have went to a stacked 56win squad and they rode the bench

now thats what the **** i call a miracle, a backup guard who is now top 5 ever,based on 5 rings....what a ****ing miracle

he rode the bench during championship runs? what?

mightybosstone
12-26-2012, 11:51 AM

:facepalm: Why do you keep posting? Your posts have gotten so bad that I can't tell if you're trolling or just truly that ignorant when it comes to the league. Giving Magic the edge solely based on rings when he played with one of the 2-3 best players in the HISTORY of the NBA is ludicrous. And saying Magic was a "closer" from day one while ignoring Lebron's efforts to drag an inferior team deep into the playoffs each and every season is insane.

3RDASYSTEM
12-26-2012, 11:52 AM
You should not mention "court vision" when touting any player over Magic Johnson. Every player in history loses in the comparison. That's just... a no.

Lebron passes well. Magic is the greatest passer, ever. No contest.

Lebron is an excellent defender. Magic, I'll just say, was underrated. Lebron is the better 1-on-1 defender, but Magic was a great help defender.

Magic was a better shooter. From the arc, from the free throw line, hook shots with either hand, from wherever. Except dunking. Actually, not to be funny about it, truly Lebron is a great - and I mean great - finisher around the basket. Magic played mostly below the rim. But he was a better shooter.

As a better shooter, and a better ballhandler, it's hard to say Magic wasn't a better scorer.... except that he didn't typically look to score. But he scored more efficiently than James does. His FG% eFG%, TS% are all better. He could have absolutely led the league in scoring had he set his mind to it. But he was always pass-first.

I'm willing to call the rebounding a wash. What's not a wash is the clutchness, from day one. That's where the championships come in. I wouldn't just count championships and Finals apperances (9 in 12 years) and make it all about that if he wasn't completely CLUTCH and played the biggest part in all that Laker success.

Sure, Kareem also won an Finals MVP in that time. So did Worthy. But Magic led the Lakers to the Finals without Worthy, and he also led them there without Kareem. The team's success was about him more than about anybody else. And 5 championships wasn't 6 only because the Lakers basically lost their backcourt (Magic himself, and Byron Scott, their leading scorer that year) heading into the '89 Finals after rolling through the West 12-0.

Put Magic on ANY team, and that team becomes a contender, because whatever that team was missing, Magic could do, and do well.

Damn MAGIC played with 2others who could win a FINALS MVP award? damn i must be trolling also for saying he didnt make others 'better', i mean damn ALICNDOR and WORTHY were franchise players, ALCINDOR won league MVP and a tilte before MAGIC

but MAGIC made them 'better'? yea i get it

MAGIC was a better passer and thats bout it, MAGIC couldnt shoot 3's or **** when he came in ,he developed it later on, but MAGIC was way better athlete than given credit for, he was big and fast and would dunk on yo *** quickly,just didnt do it as frequent

i love having my KIDD/AI type bball game, i'll take it anywhere and hold my own against any of you players and mostly(99pct)non players..send me an invite for proof

Money_23
12-26-2012, 11:55 AM
:facepalm: Why do you keep posting? Your posts have gotten so bad that I can't tell if you're trolling or just truly that ignorant when it comes to the league. Giving Magic the edge solely based on rings when he played with one of the 2-3 best players in the HISTORY of the NBA is ludicrous. And saying Magic was a "closer" from day one while ignoring Lebron's efforts to drag an inferior team deep into the playoffs each and every season is insane.

I could see where he's coming from though. Magic was put in the position of contending for championships since his rookie season and he certainly delivered most of the time, thus a great closer.
I don't hold Lebron accountable for his days with the Cavs, but being the favorites to win it all in 2011 and not delivering certainly left a smudge on his resume.

Money_23
12-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Damn MAGIC played with 2others who could win a FINALS MVP award? damn i must be trolling also for saying he didnt make others 'better', i mean damn ALICNDOR and WORTHY were franchise players, ALCINDOR won league MVP and a tilte before MAGIC

but MAGIC made them 'better'? yea i get it

MAGIC was a better passer and thats bout it, MAGIC couldnt shoot 3's or **** when he came in ,he developed it later on, but MAGIC was way better athlete than given credit for, he was big and fast and would dunk on yo *** quickly,just didnt do it as frequent

i love having my KIDD/AI type bball game, i'll take it anywhere and hold my own against any of you players and mostly(99pct)non players..send me an invite for proof

now you are being disrespectful to Magic, just stop it before you embarrass yourself further... :facepalm:

3RDASYSTEM
12-26-2012, 11:57 AM
he rode the bench during championship runs? what?

basically

if you win 56games isnt that a contender?

then you draft a top 5 player ever(KOBE in 96draft) and signed modern day WILT same offseason right

so does that make you a championship contender or no? didnt they go to WEST FINALS and got swept 2x with SHAQ/KOBE? so yea in essence he rode the bench during they runs prior to the 3peat....doesnt LA always compete for ships or no? doesnt MAGIC have like 9FINALS app. in 12seasons, didnt WEST go to like 10 FINALS for same LA squad?

he started fulltime in 2000,they first ship they won under PHIL...
do you think they just turned into championship contenders once PHIL arrived, though like i stated they were coming off conference finals sweeps in 98&99seasons?

ManRam
12-26-2012, 11:57 AM

Haha.

Yes, let's pretend like the supporting casts were equal. :laugh:

There's an argument to be made (and easy one) to say no, but this is not it.

I would have KILLED to see LeBron play with a guy like Kareem in his prime...

3RDASYSTEM
12-26-2012, 12:02 PM
now you are being disrespectful to Magic, just stop it before you embarrass yourself further... :facepalm:

so now im disrespecting a player who said he would go back to college and skip the draft if he couldnt have LA/ALCINDOR

What a frontrunner

notice i didnt say he couldnt play the game

i called him a frontrunner because of his weak mentality of handpicking a squad that fits your 'winningways' and not going to whoever draft you

KOBE is the same way, and they both got drafted by the LAKERS....see the pattern?

MAGIC said it himself that he couldnt shoot 3's and people would leave him and it made him mad and he worked and worked on it til he got it respectable....he was speakin on this when talking about HOWARD improving his freethrows not too long ago...so hey URKEL is MAGIC disrespecting himself? he said it URKEL

its only 1player(and prob couple others)guardwise to enter the league with no weakness from mental-physical toughness/skillset/freakishathleticism/competiveness.....B-CHUCK,too bad he was only 5'10'' max

bucketss
12-26-2012, 12:08 PM
I disagree. (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=790826)

:laugh::laugh2::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Money_23
12-26-2012, 12:08 PM
basically

if you win 56games isnt that a contender?

then you draft a top 5 player ever(KOBE in 96draft) and signed modern day WILT same offseason right

so does that make you a championship contender or no? didnt they go to WEST FINALS and got swept 2x with SHAQ/KOBE? so yea in essence he rode the bench during they runs prior to the 3peat....doesnt LA always compete for ships or no? doesnt MAGIC have like 9FINALS app. in 12seasons, didnt WEST go to like 10 FINALS for same LA squad?

he started fulltime in 2000,they first ship they won under PHIL...
do you think they just turned into championship contenders once PHIL arrived, though like i stated they were coming off conference finals sweeps in 98&99seasons?

so let's see the pattern here.

Kobe on the bench: lakers don't make finals
Kobe as starter: lakers 3peat

how does this fit into your conclusion?

bucketss
12-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Yeah, he's very gracious.

or maybe he recognizes greatness when he sees it? maybe hes not blinded by kobes nuts all over his face to the point he can't recognize other great players?

3RDASYSTEM
12-26-2012, 12:13 PM
he didn't demand anything. Jerry West worked out a deal way before the draft to trade Vlade for the Hornet's pick if they pick Kobe. I think you've said this like 20 times in the past 2 weeks throughout threads. And even though like 10 people correct you everytime you are still in denial and keep posting lies, why?

You're in denial dummy

the same threads you read in past 2wks also posted saying where he would go to 97 draft if he didnt get to LA in 96draft

he said no to HORNETS/NETS, the GM of HORNETS had his statement on those or maybe on other site i was checking out, either way it was out there

so how am i posting lies when you fiens posted the damn quote/link showing how KOBE's agent/WEST worked out a trade

i found out so much more **** just talking to you fiens that i didnt know about, like how WEST said he had the best workout hes ever seen(yet to sit him on the bench for yrs) and the trade thing you fiens showed me...so go and attack your fellow fiens dummy

now keep being in denial about the backupguard turned starter, the franchise guard who somehow managed to ride the bench until he became unfranchised or unleashed like some TEBOW **** circa 2000

and its the other way around, i've corrected about 10 of you fiens for calling me a troll when i said he was a 'backupguard'..you fiens thought i made it up

just like my homie who is a fien forgot he was a backup

once a fien always a fien

Money_23
12-26-2012, 12:17 PM
You're in denial dummy

the same threads you read in past 2wks also posted saying where he would go to 97 draft if he didnt get to LA in 96draft

he said no to HORNETS/NETS, the GM of HORNETS had his statement on those or maybe on other site i was checking out, either way it was out there

so how am i posting lies when you fiens posted the damn quote/link showing how KOBE's agent/WEST worked out a trade

now keep being in denial about the backupguard turned starter, the franchise guard who somehow managed to ride the bench until he became unfranchised or unleashed like some TEBOW **** circa 2000

I point out the inaccuracies in your claims.
You call me a "fien", whatever it means.
:rolleyes:

but anyway i'll be the adult here and move on. You got a source for that information?

3RDASYSTEM
12-26-2012, 12:25 PM
so let's see the pattern here.

Kobe on the bench: lakers don't make finals
Kobe as starter: lakers 3peat

how does this fit into your conclusion?

exactly,thats why i kept sayin that a modern day combo of JORDAN/WILT should win 6-8 rings in 8yrs, not 3 in 8

now how does this fit your conclusion

EDDIE JONES: top what 100 players of alltime? or top 75?
NICK VAN EXEL: top what 100 players of alltime or top 75?
BYRON SCOTT: top 100 player of alltime or top 75?
KOBE BRYANT: top 5 of alltime but was riding the pine for yrs to those above him,plus he was a lottery pick

who was the franchiseguard to DIESEL? JONES or VANEXEL, cause obviously it wasnt the lottery pick who was starting on allstar teams but not for his beloved LA folk

see thats my prob, i rank you from day1 til now, he did nothing diff. now than he did when he was riding the pine

scoring

he had 30pts in that rookie game, he had 30+ against JORDAN as a rookie, hes scored 30+ in 8-9straight games this season

so i see now why he rode the bench, all he do is score(shoot)

how was EDDIE or NICK or SCOTT better than a psd top 5 player ever at any point, i dont care if its yr1 or yr4 or yr12, how could they keep a top 5 player ever on pine when they aint even top 75 ever?

and you keep forgetting that WCF is right there on verge of FINALS, so KOBE and his top 5 game ever couldnt even get a 56win WCF contending type squad over the hump...with DIESEL....but yea i get it,they didnt get to FINALS with him on bench, just WCF, the rd before the FINALS...Wow he made such a large diff., a backupguard turned starter

3RDASYSTEM
12-26-2012, 12:29 PM
I point out the inaccuracies in your claims.
You call me a "fien", whatever it means.

but anyway i'll be the adult here and move on. You got a source for that information?

i call all KOBE nuthuggers 'fiens'..its nothing personal, just a CHAPPELLE type comedy ****

i've got the same source you've got, the links on here or threads you've seen me post on

its why i keep goin on and on since i've learned alot from the fiens on how KOBE got drafted,demanded he go here and he got drafted to a stacked 56win team to ride the pine?

thats what i was asking you fiens...what franchise player demands to go to a 56stacked squad and ride the bench? wouldnt he feel he was missing piece to get over hump offtop? not yrs later, especially when you're all about rings right? its like now LA is all about rings, but when he was a backup they were content on WC FINALS, then when he started in 2000 it went back to rings mode

Money_23
12-26-2012, 12:31 PM
i call all KOBE nuthuggers 'fiens'..its nothing personal, just a CHAPPELLE type comedy ****

i've got the same source you've got, the links on here or threads you've seen me post on

its why i keep goin on and on since i've learned alot from the fiens on how KOBE got drafted,demanded he go here and he got drafted to a stacked 56win team to ride the pine?

thats what i was asking you fiens...what franchise player demands to go to a 56stacked squad and ride the bench? wouldnt he feel he was missing piece to get over hump offtop? not yrs later, especially when you're all about rings right? its like now LA is all about rings, but when he was a backup they were content on WC FINALS, then when he started in 2000 it went back to rings mode

you haven't posted any links. You are the one making the claim, burden of proof is on you.

3RDASYSTEM
12-26-2012, 12:38 PM
you haven't posted any links. You are the one making the claim, burden of proof is on you.

why would i be obligated to post something that his fiens already did?

they said he went to a 56win stacked squad so thats reason why he rode the bench, like really a franchise guard rides the bench?

then they said BRON would have rode the pine for a 'prime' CEBALLOS on that LA squad

then they said he destroyed COOPER in his workout drills that impressed WEST so much that he knew he would be the greatest ever, im thinking how could dominating a oldmanCOOPER prove anything?

his fiens kept making up excuses on why he was on the pine ...but couldnt give me a reason why he was 'starting' on allstar teams

that aint hype to you? starting on allstar teams but not for your reg squad as the 'franchise' stud?

and lastly i keep saying same thing because it happened, you know the 'truth' stays the same, so thats why it seem like i keep sayin the same thing happened(truth)

or i could flip it up and start spewing out lies and saying he came in 96draft led the league in scoring and won the title with SHAQ and NBA/FINALS MVP and then SHAQ ran him off after 4finals in 5yrs... what would i be called then?

michael811
12-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Haha.

There's an argument to be made (and easy one) to say no, but this is not it.

I would have KILLED to see LeBron play with a guy like Kareem in his prime...

Lets also not pretend that competition Lebron faces is anywhere near what Magic faced.
The teams magic went up against were much tougher then anything Lebron has seen

Money_23
12-26-2012, 12:46 PM
lets also not pretend that competition lebron faces is anywhere near what magic faced.
The teams magic went up against were much tougher then anything lebron has seen

+1

ManRam
12-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Lets also not pretend that competition Lebron faces is anywhere near what Magic faced.

Sure.

Still, expecting LeBron to win a ring that early in his career is crazy. If anyone COULD have done it, it was him. He took pretty weak so far that it made some people think that he had tremendous casts. No one in the last 10-15 years could have done what he did with those Cavs teams. At the least, no one else has.

The teams he lost to were often better than his (Orlando withstanding, perhaps). Far more talented. Sure, they weren't Jordan's Bulls or Bird's Celtics good, but they were better than what he had :shrug:

He didn't win early on, oh well. That's not an indictment of his play. He was tremendous in the playoffs in Cleveland, sans one series really. He did all he could. I'd love to see what the other greats of this era did with a Mo Williams sidekick. Or a Donyell Marshal/Larry Hughes. Etc.

Most of the greats landed in tremendous situations. LeBron is one of the few who never got that, yet we act like he did. You disagree with that?

Chronz
12-26-2012, 01:19 PM

Tougher? What makes you think they were tougher? Do you mean more talented and thus a harder obstacle? Isnt that offset by the fact that hes surrounded by HOF'ers and basically got to choose to be drafted by LA.

LA vs CLEVELAND.........

Think about it..

C L E V E L A N D

Jahari Kavi
12-26-2012, 01:34 PM

During the majority of the 80s the C's had a lock on the East, because they were great, but also because it wasn't all that good.....Lebron has had to face tough competition and great teams throughout his career like any player.......Pistons, Spurs, Celtics, Mavs, Thunder???

Jahari Kavi
12-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Sure.

Still, expecting LeBron to win a ring that early in his career is crazy. If anyone COULD have done it, it was him. He took pretty weak so far that it made some people think that he had tremendous casts. No one in the last 10-15 years could have done what he did with those Cavs teams. At the least, no one else has.

The teams he lost to were often better than his (Orlando withstanding, perhaps). Far more talented. Sure, they weren't Jordan's Bulls or Bird's Celtics good, but they were better than what he had :shrug:

He didn't win early on, oh well. That's not an indictment of his play. He was tremendous in the playoffs in Cleveland, sans one series really. He did all he could. I'd love to see what the other greats of this era did with a Mo Williams sidekick. Or a Donyell Marshal/Larry Hughes. Etc.

Most of the greats landed in tremendous situations. LeBron is one of the few who never got that, yet we act like he did. You disagree with that?

exactly......as much as I love guys like Magic, MJ, and of course Hakeem...I would love to see how they would fair against guys of today...Nostalgia sometimes makes people place these guys on pedestals as if they cannot draw comparisons....it's totally understandable why someone would say Lebron will not have a better career than Magic, but some of the arguments being put forward are just lame.......

valade16
12-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Why can't LeBron have a better career than Magic?

Look, I hate LeBron as much as the next guy, but even if you disagree with how he went to the Heat, you have to admit it's not like LeBron is playing with a team any more/less stacked than Magic was with the Lakers.

In that way, any Titles LeBron wins are worth just as much as any titles Magic won. Then you have to look at the sheer statistical dominance that LeBron has displayed and the fact that he will be able to play longer than Magic.

Simply Put, LeBron can absolutely have a better career than Magic and in my opinion, will (eventually).

I don't think it's far-fetched to think LeBron will surpass Kobe, Bird, Magic, Olajuwan, etc. and be just below perhaps MJ and KAJ.

Azzacadabra
12-26-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm going to wait until Lebron's career is over to make that kind of judgement.

Money_23
12-26-2012, 01:43 PM
During the majority of the 80s the C's had a lock on the East, because they were great, but also because it wasn't all that good.....Lebron has had to face tough competition and great teams throughout his career like any player.......Pistons, Spurs, Celtics, Mavs, Thunder???

the toughest team he had to face in 07 when he made the finals was detroit. Spurs MAvs Thunder are in a different conference so they are irrelevant in this conversation. Celtics got good after 08, so this is irrelevant as well.

Money_23
12-26-2012, 01:45 PM
exactly......as much as I love guys like Magic, MJ, and of course Hakeem...I would love to see how they would fair against guys of today...Nostalgia sometimes makes people place these guys on pedestals as if they cannot draw comparisons....it's totally understandable why someone would say Lebron will not have a better career than Magic, but some of the arguments being put forward are just lame.......

idk about Magic, but as for Hakeem, he would completely dominate today's league. Hakeem went against the toughest centers in the greatest era of centers. better defensive presence than Dwight and a dominant offensive game.

as for MJ, just think of a better version of Kobe and Wade. He would dominate as well.

Jahari Kavi
12-26-2012, 01:48 PM
the toughest team he had to face in 07 when he made the finals was detroit. Spurs MAvs Thunder are in a different conference so they are irrelevant in this conversation. Celtics got good after 08, so this is irrelevant as well.

lol, so the toughest team he faced in 07 were the Pistons, the team that he beat and not the Spurs, the team that he lost to??? lol....Yes the C's got good after 08 and Lebron had to matchup with them after 08 just like he had to go through Dallas and OKC..... :facepalm:

Jahari Kavi
12-26-2012, 01:49 PM
idk about Magic, but as for Hakeem, he would completely dominate today's league. Hakeem went against the toughest centers in the greatest era of centers. better defensive presence than Dwight and a dominant offensive game.

as for MJ, just think of a better version of Kobe and Wade. He would dominate as well.

The Hakeem part I'll agree with.....but none the less great players are great players is the point that I'm trying to get at.

nickdymez
12-26-2012, 01:49 PM

I watched him play at the forum.... 8 times i think

Money_23
12-26-2012, 01:53 PM
lol, so the toughest team he faced in 07 were the Pistons, the team that he beat and not the Spurs, the team that he lost to??? lol....Yes the C's got good after 08 and Lebron had to matchup with them after 08 just like he had to go through Dallas and OKC..... :facepalm:

have you not been in the conversation? people are giving him credit for making the finals while playing with supposed sub-standard supporting cast. Then someone responded by saying he only made the finals in 07 because of a weak conference. not talking about THE finals, just the road to the finals.....so only Eastern conference teams are relevant.

plus u even mentioned the 80s Celtics were a lock in the East because no one else was good.
so why would Dallas OKC and Spurs be relevant in this? Stay on subject

ManRam
12-26-2012, 02:03 PM

Well, you're wrong. The toughest team he faced in 2007 were the Spurs in the Finals. And he signle-handily beat the Pistons in the ECF. The 2008 Celtics won 66 games. They were an all-time great team.

Yes, there were some weak teams in the East during his peak. The 2006 Heat were not weak. The 2008 Celtics were an all-time great team. The Pistons made 6 straight ECFs. It might have been top heavy, but let's not act like there weren't great teams.

In 2006 his team wasn't ready yet, but did push the Pistons to 7 games. That was an amazing effort on his behalf. He averaged 31/8/6 on 48% shooting.

In 2007 he carried his team through the East, as expected (the East WAS weak that year). Game 6 against the Pistons it the most amazing individual playoff performance I think I've ever seen. In the Finals they got killed by a FAR superior team. Swap LeBron for Magic, Jordan, Kobe, Bird, whoever, and they're not beating San Antonio that year.

In 2008 the Celtics were a superior team, period. They won 66 games in the regular season, where the Cavs really struggled. This was arguable LeBron's worst team. Boobie Gibson, Devin Brown and Drew Gooden scored the 3rd, 4th, and 5th most points for the Cavs that year. Yikes. I still think it's amazing they pushed that to 7. LeBron going 28/8/8 in the playoffs was impressive, and while he shot a weak percentage, Boston's elite defense wasn't respecting anyone on the team but him. That was the series where Cleveland's shooters missed open three after open three. If they won that series, it would have been a tremendous upset.

In 2009 he finally lost to a team that perhaps was weaker than his. He hit a game winner against us, and played some of the best basketball I've ever seen in the playoffs. The Magic were just too hot offensively. We couldn't miss. LeBron went 35/9/7 on 51% shooting, a 37.4 PER and an insane .399 WS/48. What more could he have done? Has anyone else ever had a playoffs like that?

In 2010 some felt he gave up, but his team again was just outmatched. Go take a look at how bad Shaq, Jamison and Mo played in the playoffs. Z was washed up. It just didn't work out.

He was playing with a washed up Shaq (who was basically a liability in the playoffs), and a useless Ilgauskas. Mo Williams was his second option, and was pathetic in the playoffs. Jamison was well passed his prime, and did play OK.

There was no youth on that team. There was no promise for the future. His bigs besides Andy were a year from retirement. His supporting cast in the backcourt were journeymen and Mo Williams. There was nothing there. He never won there, and knock him for it if you want. Just make sure you get it in perspective.

nickdymez
12-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Know what I love about PSD? When Lebron wins anything its "him". When he loses its "His team". The LEBROCRICY!

bucketss
12-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Know what I love about PSD? When Lebron wins anything its "him". When he loses its "His team". The LEBROCRICY!

like its pau and dwights fault lakers suck right now but if they win this year its all kobe?

Chronz
12-26-2012, 02:11 PM

You know what I love about vague generalizations, the fact that they hold no merit on any individual. I hear you guys always call these people out but never actually single them out.

Money_23
12-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Well, you're wrong. The toughest team he faced in 2007 were the Spurs in the Finals. And he signle-handily beat the Pistons in the ECF. The 2008 Celtics won 66 games. They were an all-time great team.

Yes, there were some weak teams in the East during his peak. The 2006 Heat were not weak. The 2008 Celtics were an all-time great team. The Pistons made 6 straight ECFs. It might have been top heavy, but let's not act like there weren't great teams.

In 2006 his team wasn't ready yet, but did push the Pistons to 7 games. That was an amazing effort on his behalf. He averaged 31/8/6 on 48% shooting.

In 2007 he carried his team through the East, as expected (the East WAS weak that year). Game 6 against the Pistons it the most amazing individual playoff performance I think I've ever seen. In the Finals they got killed by a FAR superior team. Swap LeBron for Magic, Jordan, Kobe, Bird, whoever, and they're not beating San Antonio that year.

In 2008 the Celtics were a superior team, period. They won 66 games in the regular season, where the Cavs really struggled. This was arguable LeBron's worst team. Boobie Gibson, Devin Brown and Drew Gooden scored the 3rd, 4th, and 5th most points for the Cavs that year. Yikes. I still think it's amazing they pushed that to 7. LeBron going 28/8/8 in the playoffs was impressive, and while he shot a weak percentage, Boston's elite defense wasn't respecting anyone on the team but him. That was the series where Cleveland's shooters missed open three after open three. If they won that series, it would have been a tremendous upset.

In 2009 he finally lost to a team that perhaps was weaker than his. He hit a game winner against us, and played some of the best basketball I've ever seen in the playoffs. The Magic were just too hot offensively. We couldn't miss. LeBron went 35/9/7 on 51% shooting, a 37.4 PER and an insane .399 WS/48. What more could he have done? Has anyone else ever had a playoffs like that?

In 2010 some felt he gave up, but his team again was just outmatched. Go take a look at how bad Shaq, Jamison and Mo played in the playoffs. Z was washed up. It just didn't work out.

He was playing with a washed up Shaq (who was basically a liability in the playoffs), and a useless Ilgauskas. Mo Williams was his second option, and was pathetic in the playoffs. Jamison was well passed his prime, and did play OK.

There was no youth on that team. There was no promise for the future. His bigs besides Andy were a year from retirement. His supporting cast in the backcourt were journeymen and Mo Williams. There was nothing there. He never won there, and knock him for it if you want. Just make sure you get it in perspective.

read the post i responded to and the chain of posts before that. everything you said are true and i agree with it but not relevant to what we were talking about.

Chronz
12-26-2012, 02:16 PM

What most people neglect to mention is just how easy the Lakers had it in the West some of those years. With the Lakers it was never a question of talent, they were the most talented team in their conference, but if you had the right matchup advantages against their stars (Quick PG's vs Magic, Brutes vs KAJ) you could upset them despite any talent differential.

ManRam

Well, not at all.

It's usually always a combination of both.

Know what I love about PSD? Nickdymez.

nickdymez
like its pau and dwights fault lakers suck right now but if they win this year its all kobe?

You know what I love about vague generalizations, the fact that they hold no merit on any individual. I hear you guys always call these people out but never actually single them out.

So I see you two took offence

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-26-2012, 02:18 PM

Nope, all credit goes to Nasshty. :p

Chronz
12-26-2012, 02:21 PM
So I see you two took offence
:clap:

Hawkeye15
12-26-2012, 04:14 PM

you and I aren't MOST. I am speaking of the guy at work you talk to at the water cooler about basketball, or the guy sitting next to you at Clip's games. People who study the game in depth, and have a greater understanding of it can look past public perceptions much easier. Magic was so polarizing, and always won in his short career, in a dramatic fashion. It will be hard for the regular fan out there to put a guy who has been blown apart by the media over a basketball darling in the end is what I am saying, despite the fact that it may be very reasonable to think LeBron will have been the better individual player.

3RDASYSTEM
12-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Sure.

BRON/AI had basically similar cast and AI may have been slightly worse in 01..but they both carried those subpar rosters yr in and out

to keep it simple just look at BRON career with CAVS first 7yrs(which he made no1seed), then his next 3 with a 'championship' contender roster without him.....thats how i rank a players game, its very very few who could do what a AI/BRON did individually with those rosters, now imagine them with a champ roster(BRON is 2 for 2 in FINALS app. with 1ring), and looking like early favs to go to a 3rd straight FINALS with a 'champ' style roster.....now go see KOBE circa 05-07 we he was in same situation as AI/BRON and see how that fared, he reminded me of a front runner boxer who has been KO'd and lost all his sponsors and fakemedia'swagger'

he couldnt even get in playoffs, then won like 40-42games as the fake 'alpha' for 2yrs ,til they got him another no1 option bigman in GASOL,then they start winning 57+ games again after winning like 56-66 with DIESEL, after being drafted by a 56winning squad....so in short him and PIPP are tied for best sidekick ever, PIPP never lost, but KOBE having JORDAN aspirations and tired of being a 'sidekick' is enough for me to put him over PIPPEN, and he was the scoring version, im more of a buckets guy than tripledoubleguy, so tiebreaker goes to KOBE..he is best sidekick in history via tiebreaker vote of being a better scorer than PIPP

dude blew a 3-1 lead with the same SMUSH/KWAME that i hear just sucks *** but had the top seed down 3-1 and TMAC'ed it away, thats not a diss at TMAC, because he got his tremendous amount of media humiliation but for some reason it passed over on the other 'choker' ....my bad he had ''3'' rings at the time, makes me just wanna go ahead and say he had '5' at that moment, its such a strong cliche these days..you'd think KOBE won his 5 rings in 3yrs

AI rotted for 10 1/2yrs in PHI and BRON almost did same thing but he said he didnt want to have badknees(bball meaning - carrying avg roster annually) at 30yrs old, so he basically was saying i would be willing to have badknees for a champ style roster ..enter, HEAT/RILEY

Its main reason i respect BRON even more, i wanted KG/AI to bail out like he did....being too loyal to a weak business is not good business for the player...but its also same reason those are 2 of my fav players ever because its hard to find passion,let alone both in supremely talented players the caliber of AI/KG..top 5 of they era with SHAQ/KIDD/DUNCAN

not a bad 5 at all if i say so myself

KIDD
AI
KG
DUNCAN
SHAQ

its something about loyalty and passion that stand out, its just too bad it hurts a players career more than help, its too cutthroat

Now it will become a complete 180 and people will get sick of seeing BRON in FINALS after his first 7yrs of trying to figure out why he hasnt been to all 7 and just 1FINALS prior to joining MIA, just watch...they'll make it pretty much annually til 16'...not saying winning it all, but they will be in the building playing for a ship, barring a freakish BRON injury or offcourt incident

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-26-2012, 04:41 PM
BRON/AI had basically similar cast and AI may have been slightly worse in 01..but they both carried those subpar rosters yr in and out

to keep it simple just look at BRON career with CAVS first 7yrs, then his next 3 with a 'championship' contender roster without him.....thats how i rank a players game, its very very few who could do what a AI/BRON did individually with those rosters, now imagine them with a champ roster(BRON is 2 for 2 with 1ring), and looking like early favs to go to a 3rd straight FINALS with a 'champ' style roster.....now go see KOBE circa 05-07 we he was in same situation as AI/BRON and see how that fared, he reminded me of a front runner boxer who has been KO'd and lost all his sponsors and fakemedia'swagger'

he couldnt even get in playoffs, then won like 40-42games as the fake 'alpha' for 2yrs ,til they got him another no1 option bigman in GASOL,then they start winning 57+ games again after winning like 56-66 with DIESEL, after being drafted by a 56winning squad....so yeah he was

dude blew a 3-1 lead with the same SMUSH/KWAME that i hear just sucks *** but had the top seed down 3-1 and TMAC'ed it away, thats not a diss at TMAC, because he got his tremendous amount of media humiliation but for some reason it passed over on the other 'choker' ....my bad he had ''3'' rings at the time, makes me just wanna go ahead and say he had '5' at that moment, its such a strong cliche these days..you'd think KOBE won his 5 rings in 3yrs

Add to the fact that he was the backup singer to Eddie Jones. You forgot about that part. But I agree with you, these KOBE FIENS are delusional.

ChicagoFan4Eva
12-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Jordan :) Michael Jordan!

haha jk

Magic was amazing. Lebron is above average.

Chronz
12-26-2012, 05:03 PM
you and I aren't MOST. I am speaking of the guy at work you talk to at the water cooler about basketball, or the guy sitting next to you at Clip's games. People who study the game in depth, and have a greater understanding of it can look past public perceptions much easier. Magic was so polarizing, and always won in his short career, in a dramatic fashion. It will be hard for the regular fan out there to put a guy who has been blown apart by the media over a basketball darling in the end is what I am saying, despite the fact that it may be very reasonable to think LeBron will have been the better individual player.
Yes I get that. What Im saying is that I disagree with your conclusion. Thats what my post touched on that you clearly didn't get.

Hawkeye15
12-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Yes I get that. What Im saying is that I disagree with your conclusion. Thats what my post touched on that you clearly didn't get.

I know you disagree with it. I don't agree with you that the masses will. But that is just my opinion on the subject. Believe me, imho, if LeBron continues his level of play for another 3-4 years, and wins again, he may very well pass Magic to me.

Magic is so polarizing, and won so easily and quickly, while being liked by everyone, it will be tough for Bron to pass him in the public's eye. I don't buy that for my personal opinion, just guessing on what 10 general fans would say if you walked up to them and asked them at a Clips game for instance.

DeyAce
12-26-2012, 05:15 PM
1.Jordan
2.Lebron
3.Magic

3RDASYSTEM
12-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Add to the fact that he was the backup singer to Eddie Jones. You forgot about that part. But I agree with you, these KOBE FIENS are delusional.

my bad 'eddie' aka dhpaukb2099

i didnt want to get the '''you always say that on every thread'' treatment

so im pretty sure all you fiens got the memo

a backupsinger to EDDIE JONES

wait it gets better

SHAQ after being a no1 overall pick and 4yrs in ORL was a ''backupsinger'' to ELDEN C. for his first 3yrs of his 7yr 136mill deal from LA, he started only 4yrs out of the 7

JORDAN was a'' backupsinger'' and broke his foot being a backup before coming back strong and starting in yr4

AI was a no1 overall pick but was a ''backupsinger'' and didnt start til yr4

BIRD/MAGIC did the same,started as ''backupsingers'', they developed by yr4 and start winning rings/mvps

WILT also didnt develop til yr4 via being a 'backupsinger'', he didnt save the league until his 4th yr in, he wasnt ready, he dropped 100pts and avg 50ppg in yr4, first season starting fulltime

NASH actually came in a backupguard turned MVP also right? or did he miss the 'backupsinger' treatment?

RUSS was a backup for yrs then soon as he got inserted in as starter...boom, 11 rings in 13yrs

soon as the backupsinger takes over, boom 5 rings in 12 1/2 yrs, cause we will exclude the 96-99seasons and the 05-07, he was too young in the former, and he had him prime ruined playing with KWAME/SMUSH in the latter

see how you fiens think? he can ruin his prime by playing with scrubs, but he cant 'preserve/keep fresh' his 'prime' by playing with DIESEL and avg anywhere from 7 to 28ppg his first 4yrs like i been saying he did his first 8yrs?

its like saying BRON didnt preserve his body by going and playing with BOSH/WADE in MIA, im sure had he stayed with MO/ANDERSON, it would be diff. mileage taking a toll on his body...hes stronger now having come to a squad with a 30ppg scorer and a guy who dropped 24 and 11 prior to teaming up

now if MO/ANDERSON were doing this type of balling before they joined BRON, he may have stayed

its the reason why AI is 2nd to none when it came to playing heavy heavy minutes/injured/and with a playoff challenged roster, it takes a toll on your body when you the no1 option yr and out...go ask your fav player KOBE and he'll tell you that 05-07 was something he couldnt handle for 10yrs or even 7yrs, he *****ed out in less than 3yrs

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-26-2012, 05:32 PM
my bad 'eddie'

i didnt want to get the '''you always say that on every thread'' treatment

so im pretty sure all you fiens got the memo

a backupsinger to EDDIE JONES

wait it gets better

SHAQ after being a no1 overall pick and 4yrs in ORL was a backup to ELDEN C. for his first 3yrs of his 7yr 136mill deal from LA, he started only 4yrs out of the 7

JORDAN was a backup and broke his foot being a backup before coming back strong and starting in yr4

AI was a no1 overall pick but was a backup and didnt start til yr4

BIRD/MAGIC did the same thing, they developed by yr4

WILT also didnt develop til yr4, he didnt save the league until his 4th yr in, he wasnt ready

NASH actually came in a backupguard turned MVP also right? or did he miss the 'backupsinger' treatment?

RUSS was a backup for yrs then soon as he got inserted in as starter...boom, 11 rings in 13yrs

soon as the backupsinger takes over, boom 5 rings in 12 1/2 yrs, but we will exclude the 96-99seasons and the 05-07, he was too young in the former, and he had him prime ruined playing with KWAME/SMUSH in the latter

see how you fiens think? he can ruin his prime by playing with scrubs, but he cant 'preserve/keep fresh' his 'prime' by playing with DIESEL and avg anywhere from 7 to 28ppg his first 4yrs like i been saying he did his first 8yrs?

Exactly! Well put.

ChicagoFan4Eva
12-26-2012, 05:53 PM
1.Jordan
2.Lebron
3.Magic

hmm? i dont understand.

MickeyMgl
12-26-2012, 07:09 PM
I disagree with that. Jordan,Olajuawan,Duncan,Shaq,Kobe,Lebron, Dwyane Wade, These guys essentially make up the best players on teams that won mvp's, and they all have won rings. And all these guys put up monster stats on there chanpionship teams, so being a champion enhanced stats. Lebron was an MVP on Cleveland, and Miami and vertually put up the same stats, but shot at a better percentage because when your on a championship team you are playing with players that are good enough and smart enough to make you a better more efficient player so playing on a championship team will give you a better chance of winning an mvp.

Oh? You don't think Kobe Bryant sacrificed stats to play with Shaq and win? That's an interesting take.

I'd say that post-expansion (starting in the late 80s, early 90s), now that good teams are created with as few as two or three stars, there is indeed less sacrifice involved. In that time, only Bryant has had to sacrifice a great deal, statistically, to win. But when teams were truly loaded - use Team USA for a modern example - players indeed do LESS in order for the team to be stronger as a whole.

MickeyMgl
12-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Magic is not a better shooter or scorer

???

FG
Johnson...... 52.1%
James......... 48.3%

3FG
I stand corrected. Although Magic's best seasons of 38.4% and 37.9% are higher than any season Lebron has had, Lebron's career pct is higher, and he is improving, and currently having his best season from the arc. It was a brand new rule in Magic's day, and for most of his career it was not an important part of the game. He worked on it later, and excelled.

FT
Johnson...... 84.8%
James......... 74.5%
Johnson had two seasons over 90% - leading the league once - and had another of 89%.

TS
Johnson...... 61.0%
James......... 56.9%

eFG
Johnson...... 53.4%
James......... 51.6%

In conclusion, Magic Johnson was a better shooter than Lebron James, and it is logically reasonable to suggest that he was a better scorer.

MickeyMgl
12-26-2012, 07:40 PM
MAGIC/KOBE winning the 'ring' with a 18win team would be something impressive to talk about

exactly dummy

lol... You don't even get it, do you. It's almost cute how stupid you are.

MickeyMgl
12-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Haha.

But let's pretend like the opponents were equal?

MickeyMgl
12-26-2012, 07:49 PM

Just don't tell the 76ers and Pistons that the Celtics had a "lock" on the East.

Chronz
12-26-2012, 07:50 PM
I know you disagree with it. I don't agree with you that the masses will.
Thats why you shouldnt expect me to agree with you, I think Bron has it in him to sway the masses even by the most amateur of standards .

bluefire7002
12-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Exactly! Well put.

:laugh:

Hawkeye15
12-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Thats why you shouldnt expect me to agree with you, I think Bron has it in him to sway the masses even by the most amateur of standards .

we shall see. I hope you are right. I fear I am right however..

zadora5
12-26-2012, 09:06 PM
You guys are straight pussys

Chronz
12-26-2012, 09:13 PM
You guys are straight pussys

If its more than 1, isnt the correct term ussies?

Hawkeye15
12-26-2012, 09:36 PM
If its more than 1, isnt the correct term ussies?

damn, you are throwing out a grammar post!

JordansBulls
01-01-2013, 09:12 PM
on PSD's list Magic was 4th. Do you think Lebron gets that high all time?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63508

Tony_Starks
01-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Absolutely not.

DreamShaker
01-02-2013, 06:24 AM
Hard to say. He is at the point where winning and longevity will define his legacy. His peak may be better than Magic's alreadu. But Magic won 5 titles, 3MVP's, a gold medal, a college title, a high school title, and won his rivalry with Larry Bird. Lebron has a shot, but needs to win.

Heatcheck
01-02-2013, 02:40 PM

how long did it take him to getr Kareem Abdul Jabbar on his team? and how long did it take for the FO to get him 3 other HOFers with him?

PrettyBoyJ
01-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Lebron is a great player but Magic revolutionized the game..

Da Knicks
01-02-2013, 03:00 PM
doubtful and i dont think he plays like magic i say more like a scottie pippen on steriods.

rickshaw
01-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Hard to say. He is at the point where winning and longevity will define his legacy. His peak may be better than Magic's alreadu. But Magic won 5 titles, 3MVP's, a gold medal, a college title, a high school title, and won his rivalry with Larry Bird. Lebron has a shot, but needs to win.

I'm sure Lebron won more AAU tournaments though.

jman94
01-02-2013, 05:16 PM
absolutley not..... he hasnt even had a better career than Brian Scalabrine yet

JordansBulls
01-06-2013, 05:43 PM
absolutley not..... he hasnt even had a better career than Brian Scalabrine yet

felixng2012
01-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Magic and Lebron are pretty different.
In terms of passing and playmaking Magic was a level or two higher BUT....
Lebron is the better scorer by a large margin and a much better defender.

Legacies are often determined by luck. Players that have the luck to be drafted on a good franchise have it a lot better than players that get drafted by poor franchises like the Cavs.

Consider this. Magic said he would play another year in college if he was not drafted by the Lakers. He wanted to play with Kareem. This is why I can't take people seriously when they say Lebron was a coward for joining the Heat. He wasn't lucky like the Larry Birds, Magics, and Kobes of the world to have a great supporting cast from the get go.

Overall, Lebron will be superior statistically and have more accolades outside of FMVPs. I am not sure if he will win more rings or FMVPs. He has a very good chance of surpassing Magic. Frankly if he was drafted by a great franchise like Magic this would not even be a debate.

nickdymez
01-06-2013, 08:04 PM

Legacies are often determined by luck. Players that have the luck to be drafted on a good franchise have it a lot better than players that get drafted by poor franchises like the Cavs.

Consider this. Magic said he would play another year in college if he was not drafted by the Lakers. He wanted to play with Kareem. This is why I can't take people seriously when they say Lebron was a coward for joining the Heat. He wasn't lucky like the Larry Birds, Magics, and Kobes of the world to have a great supporting cast from the get go.

Overall, Lebron will be superior statistically and have more accolades outside of FMVPs. I am not sure if he will win more rings or FMVPs. He has a very good chance of surpassing Magic. Frankly if he was drafted by a great franchise like Magic this would not even be a debate.

There are so many things wrong with this its ridiculous

ThaDubs
01-06-2013, 08:11 PM

You're kidding.

b@llhog24
01-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Make your case of stfu.

nickdymez
01-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Make your case of stfu.

:confused::confused:

Dnovakovic099
01-06-2013, 08:43 PM
:confused::confused:

Why don't you tell us what is wrong with his post? I think LeBron would have 6 rings by now if he got to play with prime Shaq... Also, I don't think LeBron would have drove him away like Kobe did.

todu82
01-06-2013, 08:46 PM
He'll come close but I think Lebron will end up falling short.

Dnovakovic099
01-06-2013, 08:47 PM
LMAO, I HATE LeBron, but Im not biased like most of you, especially Laker's fans. Magic wasn't the best player on his team. It wouldn't be possible for LeBron to play with someone that is better than him... Yet, you guys use rings as an argument. Wow just Wow.

b@llhog24
01-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Why don't you tell us what is wrong with his post? I think LeBron would have 6 rings by now if he got to play with prime Shaq... Also, I don't think LeBron would have drove him away like Kobe did.

He's just gonna facepalm you.

Dnovakovic099
01-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Put it this way, if LeBron got drafted by the Spurs he would already have three rings forsure. Then, add in the fact how much better he would make them. Well, who knows the Spurs very well could have 7 rings by now. Plus, LeBron would still have less help than Magic had!!!!

Money_23
01-06-2013, 09:00 PM
all these hypotheticals are pointless: "if lebron had been drafted by" blah blah blah. Who cares. He didn't and that's that. I could make a point if Wilt had the same amount of talent around him then he would have won 10 straight titles making him the undisputed GOAT over MJ, but he didnt so just let it go.

But could Lebron have a better career than Magic? Certainly, if he wins 3 more titles with FMVPS, along with several more MVPs which he will most likely win in the coming years, then yes he will be ahead of Magic.
The dude averages 28-7-7 so far in his career. The most likely scenario for him at the end of his career is 2nd greatest of all time, I can't see him surpass MJ, but there's a possibility.

nickdymez
01-07-2013, 12:25 AM
He's just gonna facepalm you.

:facepalm:

BullySixChicago
01-07-2013, 12:42 AM
If there is someone LeBron should be compared to its Magic, They are basically the same player.

First it was MJ now it's magic please it would be great if he could equal Oscar Robertson

b@llhog24
01-07-2013, 12:46 AM
:facepalm:

Totally didn't see this coming.

bucketss
01-07-2013, 12:58 AM
First it was MJ now it's magic please it would be great if he could equal Oscar Robertson

he has already surpassed oscar,oscar himself wouldn't deny this. and calm down whats wrong with comparing him to magic? they have similar games even magic himself made that comparison.

el hidalgo
01-07-2013, 02:48 AM
some of you are crazy. lebron... better than magic...? i just spit my drink all over my keyboard and computer screen. Maybe in the candyland basketball association, but certainly not in the NBA. how many rings LeBlow got? yeah, hes got some catching up before he can even hold magic's jockstrap.

tapajafri
01-07-2013, 03:46 AM
some of you are crazy. lebron... better than magic...? i just spit my drink all over my keyboard and computer screen. Maybe in the candyland basketball association, but certainly not in the NBA. how many rings LeBlow got? yeah, hes got some catching up before he can even hold magic's jockstrap.

You're clearly a laker fan, but try cutting the biased crap for a minute. Lebron is already a more skilled and talented player overall than Magic. I'm a huge Magic fan as well, he's a great person too. But putting bias aside, Lebron is already more talented. He may not have the legacy that Magic has (championships) but compare the teams Magic has had to the teams Lebron has had. Who knows where Lebron will end up when it's all said and done... he's only been on a championship caliber team for two years. Magic had all these legends for many years.

And are we REALLY still using the rings comparison to compare players? GTFO u biased laker fan. Rings don't mean crap in terms of debating who the better player is. Fisher has more rings than Stockton. Luke Walton has more rings than Malone. Dumbasss....

Lebron is the closest thing to Magic Johnson the game has seen... and in terms of skill/talent, he probably is a better overall player. The next ten years will decide which player has the better legacy, although Lebron will always be at a disadvantage when compared to Magic because Magic had so many legends whereas even Lebron's super team of Wade and Bosh cant even compare to some of Magic's teams.

cutiepie80
01-07-2013, 04:04 AM
Two totally different type of players. I don't think ANYONE will ever be Magic. He was always likeable and friendly in one sense. I'll never forget LBJ's comments after they lost and said how everyone else will go back to their crappy jobs. It could be close, the king has many years left, but no one will ever be Magic.

cutiepie80
01-07-2013, 04:07 AM
You're clearly a laker fan, but try cutting the biased crap for a minute. Lebron is already a more skilled and talented player overall than Magic. I'm a huge Magic fan as well, he's a great person too. But putting bias aside, Lebron is already more talented. He may not have the legacy that Magic has (championships) but compare the teams Magic has had to the teams Lebron has had. Who knows where Lebron will end up when it's all said and done... he's only been on a championship caliber team for two years. Magic had all these legends for many years.

And are we REALLY still using the rings comparison to compare players? GTFO u biased laker fan. Rings don't mean crap in terms of debating who the better player is. Fisher has more rings than Stockton. Luke Walton has more rings than Malone. Dumbasss....

Lebron is the closest thing to Magic Johnson the game has seen... and in terms of skill/talent, he probably is a better overall player. The next ten years will decide which player has the better legacy, although Lebron will always be at a disadvantage when compared to Magic because Magic had so many legends whereas even Lebron's super team of Wade and Bosh cant even compare to some of Magic's teams.

For one, he left a team and city that adored him to make things easier on his part to win a ring. Magic NEVER did that and never asked for players to join him. He did work with anyone that was on his team.

LBJackpot
01-07-2013, 04:57 AM
For one, he left a team and city that adored him to make things easier on his part to win a ring. Magic NEVER did that and never asked for players to join him. He did work with anyone that was on his team.

Ya Magic had to suffer a lot playing with terrible teammates his whole career :rolleyes:

c.c.
01-07-2013, 10:27 AM
I honestly think Magic wouldn't survive in the present NBA, but that's just my opinion

koreancabbage
01-07-2013, 10:52 AM

what does this have to do with being the better player?

career numbers wise- he's on pace to. championships to measure the better player, not a great thing to use.

a LOT of players, less deserving, are in the right place, at the right time.

Dankster
01-07-2013, 10:58 AM
They're completely different players. I can understand why people say LBJ's game is more in the mold of Magic than MJ, but tbh, he doesn't play like either one of those guys.

Magic has been a champion since his collegiate days, I'm pretty sure he won both the NCAA title and NBA title within a year span.

LBJ has fantastic court vision for a big man, but I had the pleasure to watch Magic live, and his moniker really doesn't do his game justice. Just a wizard with the ball, there's no player in the league, not even Stockton, that could do what Magic could on the court as far as facilitating.

Tough comparison to make, LBJ will definitely go down as one of the greatest to ever play, but Magic might be one of the very few players you can make a decent argument for as the greatest player to ever play (although I think Michael firmly has that title.) His offensive production might not look too attractive at first glance, but he had so much firepower on those dynastic teams in the 80's that he was never required to be a 25 ppg type of scorer.

He was the best all around player I ever saw, no question.

BULLSFAN0810
01-07-2013, 02:14 PM
No way James carre thus far looks to match up with Magic...

Magic won in college as a Frosh...he made himself Legit (respect Melo)/James had hype
Went to the league Kareem fell hurt, Magic Played Center in the Finals as A rookie even though he was a PG.Dude revitalized the league,made the league, James still is benefitting off the fan fare Mgic ,Bird , Jordan made . So as i stated once before.... JAMES IS GREAT , BUT YOU GUYS ON HERE MAKE THIS DUDE INTO SOMETHING HE ISNT... CLUTCH,HEADSTRONG. Magic was that (clutch and headstrong) and that makes him not better than James but more respected.:facepalm:

bucketss
01-07-2013, 02:19 PM

he did it before he even got to the nba .. magic made it known he was only entering the draft if the lakers were going to draft him if the bulls had any attention he would have went back to college.

Chronz
01-07-2013, 02:38 PM

But Magic selectively chose to enter the draft once he knew the Lakers had the number 1 pick. Sorry Bron had to wait 8 years to get what Magic had from day 1.

RyanStorm
01-07-2013, 04:03 PM

People call me names when I say this, but I am gonna say it anyway.

Shouldn't you be comparing LeBron next to Malone's career first before you go as far as Magic? I know this made more sense before the ring, but Karl Malone's career was bigger and more long term, even if he didn't get a ring, he had one of the best careers out of any player, topping all the charts.

However, since the ring, I will not deny, LeBron's claim to be at Malone's awesomeness, with two key points, he has two MVP's, and got one ring(which is the only thing making any real case).
However i am still skeptical but lenient, because LeBron's career has equaled the accomplishments in the trophy category, but still lacks the all time leader boards and overall career, which I assume LeBron will eventually get to.

To me, LeBron isn't even close to touching Kareem or MJ, let alone Malone/Stockton. But Magic, is also a part of this elite group, and go and say he past Karl, but not Magic. To me, non of these guys are touchable and what they did in their time.

Ask yourself this:
If LeBron faced MJ in the finals like Malone, would he have won the championship? Cause I wouldn't even go as far as Malone, let alone MJ, and wouldn't even consider Magic.

Fired-Up
01-07-2013, 04:11 PM
I think Magic is overrated. Before I get flamed let me explain. People usually slide him right behind Jordan and I just can't put a point guard as the #2 player of all time. Their impact on the game isn't as strong as the other positions. Which brings me to my other point.

Lebron is an elite defender in the NBA. Maybe the best perimeter defender in the league. Magic could not play defense anywhere close to Lebrons level.

So the bar that Magic set isn't as high to me as others have it.

MT2A
01-08-2013, 04:56 PM

Is this dude brain dead or does he just want people to know that he is an idiot...

nickdymez
01-08-2013, 04:58 PM
I think Magic is overrated. Before I get flamed let me explain. People usually slide him right behind Jordan and I just can't put a point guard as the #2 player of all time. Their impact on the game isn't as strong as the other positions. Which brings me to my other point.

Lebron is an elite defender in the NBA. Maybe the best perimeter defender in the league. Magic could not play defense anywhere close to Lebrons level.

So the bar that Magic set isn't as high to me as others have it.

This post is filled with so many ridiculous statements that all i can do is.. :facepalm:

bucketss
01-08-2013, 05:18 PM
People call me names when I say this, but I am gonna say it anyway.

Shouldn't you be comparing LeBron next to Malone's career first before you go as far as Magic? I know this made more sense before the ring, but Karl Malone's career was bigger and more long term, even if he didn't get a ring, he had one of the best careers out of any player, topping all the charts.

However, since the ring, I will not deny, LeBron's claim to be at Malone's awesomeness, with two key points, he has two MVP's, and got one ring(which is the only thing making any real case).
However i am still skeptical but lenient, because LeBron's career has equaled the accomplishments in the trophy category, but still lacks the all time leader boards and overall career, which I assume LeBron will eventually get to.

To me, LeBron isn't even close to touching Kareem or MJ, let alone Malone/Stockton. But Magic, is also a part of this elite group, and go and say he past Karl, but not Magic. To me, non of these guys are touchable and what they did in their time.

Ask yourself this:
If LeBron faced MJ in the finals like Malone, would he have won the championship? Cause I wouldn't even go as far as Malone, let alone MJ, and wouldn't even consider Magic.

he was comparing their playing style, both lebron and magic are big guys that look to pass first and have very good handles. just because you make the comparision doesn't mean hes better or at the same level. i mean dirk is compared to bird not because hes better or at the same level but they have somewhat similar playing styles. malone and lebron aren't the same player malone is back to the basket big man while lebron is more of a point forward.

amos1er
01-08-2013, 06:40 PM

lol...@ you calling Hildago a Laker fan.

Oh and for you saying that Lebron's super team can't compare to some of Magic's teams...hahahahahahahahahahaha Magic never had a top 5 player and a top 15 player at his side. Those teams were great because Magic made them great.

Fired-Up
01-08-2013, 06:42 PM
This post is filled with so many ridiculous statements that all i can do is.. :facepalm:

Point Guard is the most irrelevant position in the NBA. Check the Finals MVP winners.

LeBron is a vastly superior defender. LeBron is the better player.

nickdymez
01-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Point Guard is the most irrelevant position in the NBA. Check the Finals MVP winners.

Didnt Tony parker win finals MVP a few years ago?

And you are probably to young to have watched Magic play to say something this extreme..

bucketss
01-08-2013, 06:46 PM

Oh and for you saying that Lebron's super team can't compare to some of Magic's teams...hahahahahahahahahahaha Magic never had a top 5 player and a top 15 player at his side. Those teams were great because Magic made them great.

so you're going to take back all your trolling of wade being 'done'? and lol@ bosh being a top 15 player

amos1er
01-08-2013, 06:46 PM
All I have to say about this foolish comparison is this...

Magic rookie year: 45, 7, 15 in the 1980 finals playing center for an injured Kareem in the deciding game. Needless to say, he won finals MVP. Only rookie in NBA history to do so.

Lebron 4th season: Swept in the finals. Easiest road to finals in NBA history.

Lebron 9th season: Lost in finals with HCA and put up the worst numbers for a so-called superstar in NBA history. His 4th quarter stats were D-Leauge level.

This comparison is an insult to Magic in every way possible. Magic was a closer and a winner from day one. Lebron is a choker and had to team up with 2 other superstars just to get the job done against a young inexperienced team in the Thunder in a lock out season getting every single 50/50 call along the way. Please don't insult a clutch winner like Magic by even mentioning him in the same sentence as the "frozen one".

Money_23
01-08-2013, 06:47 PM

wouldn't that make Magic's case being all the way up there even more convincing?

b@llhog24
01-08-2013, 06:48 PM

I'm not even gonna get at this, but the Top 3 players removed from each team, who had the better roster?

bucketss
01-08-2013, 06:49 PM
All I have to say about this foolish comparison is this...

Magic rookie year: 45, 7, 15 in the 1980 finals playing center for an injured Kareem in the deciding game. Needless to say, he won finals MVP. Only rookie in NBA history to do so.

Lebron 4th season: Swept in the finals. Easiest road to finals in NBA history.

Lebron 9th season: Lost in finals with HCA and put up the worst numbers for a so-called superstar in NBA history. His 4th quarter stats were D-Leauge level.

This comparison is an insult to Magic in every way possible. Magic was a closer and a winner from day one. Lebron is a choker and had to team up with 2 other superstars just to get the job done against a young inexperienced team in the Thunder in a lock out season getting every single 50/50 call along the way. Please don't insult a clutch winner like Magic by even mentioning him in the same sentence as the "frozen one".

i guess magic insulted himself. #troll

Money_23
01-08-2013, 06:51 PM

he also said Kobe's the greatest Laker. Where does the credibility of that statement fit in here?

amos1er
01-08-2013, 06:51 PM

Most irrelevant position???

Next to center, it is the most important one. How many sf winners have their been other than Larry Bird is the more important question.

bucketss
01-08-2013, 06:54 PM
he also said Kobe's the greatest Laker. Where does the credibility of that statement fit in here?

kobe is the greatest laker of all time.

Money_23
01-08-2013, 06:54 PM

:p

nickdymez
01-08-2013, 06:59 PM

I believe he is, but its debatable. Only people like the Troll who posted under you make funny faces when this is bought up

bucketss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9XTgugALpk

there you go who are you gonna trust a troll that thinks lebron is on roids because he saw stretch marks on his shoulders from his brand new hdtv or magic himself.

amos1er

Appeal to Authority fallacy. A single statement means nothing. Unless their is a general consensus reached among experts, it is not valid. If you could even call Magic a qualified expert. Magic's statement could be easily be rationalized as him being gracious.

bucketss
01-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Appeal to Authority fallacy. A single statement means nothing. Unless their is a general consensus reached among experts, it is not valid. If you could even call Magic a qualified expert. Magic's statement could be easily be rationalized as him being gracious.

magic isn't a qualified expert of his own game?:facepalm:

Fired-Up
01-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Since 1991 only Tony Parker has Finals MVP from the point guard position. It is the most irrelevant position on the court.

amos1er
01-08-2013, 07:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9XTgugALpk

there you go who are you gonna trust a troll that thinks lebron is on roids because he saw stretch marks on his shoulders from his brand new hdtv or magic himself.

He also said that Kobe is more like Jordan than Lebron is.

bucketss
01-08-2013, 07:05 PM
He also said that Kobe is more like Jordan than Lebron is.

so?

amos1er
01-08-2013, 07:09 PM
magic isn't a qualified expert of his own game?:facepalm:

Ugh...thats not even the main point I was making. Fine, we can say that he is a qualified expert ok. There is still no general consensus to speak of. Magic is a super nice guy, couldn't some of that be attributed to this?

He was also talking about playing styles...not overall greatness. I would agree that Lebron is closer to Magic's playing style than he is to Jordan's. Again PLAYING STYLE. In terms of greatness, Lebron has been a choke and an underachiever.

amos1er
01-08-2013, 07:12 PM
so?

What about all the Lebroner's who say that Lebron is closer to Jordan that Kobe is? Including John Hollinger?

amos1er
01-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Since 1991 only Tony Parker has Finals MVP from the point guard position. It is the most irrelevant position on the court.

lol...love the since 1991 disclaimer. How many sf's have their been since 1991?

bucketss
01-08-2013, 07:20 PM
What about all the Lebroner's who say that Lebron is closer to Jordan that Kobe is? Including John Hollinger?

how did this turn to about kobe? im confused.

el hidalgo
01-08-2013, 07:26 PM
magic wouldnt be able to carry that cavs team to the finals during lebron's first trip. no way in hell. people saying lebron has no shot are just homers. magic never played on bad teams like lebron.

prime lebron > prime magic

nickdymez
01-08-2013, 07:32 PM
magic wouldnt be able to carry that cavs team to the finals during lebron's first trip. no way in hell. people saying lebron has no shot are just homers. magic never played on bad teams like lebron.

prime lebron > prime magic

Its ridiculous sometimes, the things said on this site....:facepalm:

Fired-Up
01-08-2013, 07:45 PM
lol...love the since 1991 disclaimer. How many sf's have their been since 1991?

Don't know. There are really 3 positions in the NBA. Point Man, Wings and Bigs. And believe me Point Guards don't have close to the same impact that the others do.

seikou8
01-08-2013, 07:48 PM

i know it comes alot from your posts your reply will be:facepalm:

BKLYNpigeon
01-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Never...

Magic Johnson is engrained in NBA History. He is one of the all time greats and had a storied career with only ONE team. Magic is a transcendent of the game of Basketball. He also had great battles with Larry Bird that were unforgettable.

its not always about stats, MVP's or Championships....

el hidalgo
01-08-2013, 08:06 PM

u mad that prime lebron > prime magic?

Money_23
01-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Don't know. There are really 3 positions in the NBA. Point Man, Wings and Bigs. And believe me Point Guards don't have close to the same impact that the others do.

anything to back your claim up? or is this just a "believe me" type of thing?

ThaDubs
01-08-2013, 10:29 PM
u mad that prime lebron > prime magic?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or being stupid.

Money_23
01-08-2013, 11:34 PM
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or being stupid.

judging by his diction and bbIQ, he's probably a teenager who just started watching the NBA 3 years ago.

c.c.
01-09-2013, 01:58 AM

Chauncey Billups?

8kobe24
01-09-2013, 04:27 AM
Stats wise and other individual accolades...maybe. He's got a good chance to do that. I just don't know if he can catch Magic's 5 rings.

JordansBulls
01-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Stats wise and other individual accolades...maybe. He's got a good chance to do that. I just don't know if he can catch Magic's 5 rings.

If he has better stats and many more accolades how many rings would he need? 3-4?

Getting UGGLA
01-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Doesn't matter. He's in a weak era of basketball. Back in the day, almost every team had surefire HOFers. Not so today. Not even close. Very few teams (the ones with all the money in major cities) control the game. It sucks.

Dnovakovic099
01-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Why are people still using rings? Magic had Kareem.... Imagine LeBron and prime Timmy. Oh my.....

dhopisthename
01-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Doesn't matter. He's in a weak era of basketball. Back in the day, almost every team had surefire HOFers. Not so today. Not even close. Very few teams (the ones with all the money in major cities) control the game. It sucks.

not even close. for most of the early 80's it was either the celitcs or the lakers that won the championship. then starting in about 87 the pistons replaced the celtics then bulls replaced the pistons. The one outlier was the 76ers won a championship 1 year and the rockets made the finals a few years. all in all the lakers or the celitcs won the championship 8 out of the possible 9 years when magic joined the league. The league back then was run by just a couple of teams.