PDA

View Full Version : Nene comments on Wiz struggles/lack of appreciation of teammates....

Everymanalion
12-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Nba.com-

Nene:

"When you play with confidence, and you're together, it's different," Nene said. "You feel, you know your teammates know you, and you give your best. But right here, right now, it's the opposite. Total opposite."

And why is that not happening in D.C.?

"Because people have no respect for the game," he continued. "They think this opportunity's nothing right now. That's the problem with the young guys. They don't take advantage of being in the NBA, the best basketball in the world. A lot of young guys want to be in their position. But right here, I don't think they realize that."

God I hope John Wall gets the **** outta there, I still think he has a chance to be a decent PG somewhere where can he can thrive and be conducive to positivity. I do not think he will ever be a "go to" guy but a good #2-#3 option, yes.

Iggz53
12-24-2012, 08:39 PM
He's right. You can easily tell which teams have cohesion and which teams are lacking any sort of synergy/focus and just run playground ball (Wizards, Kings, etc)

Becks2307
12-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Man Tibbs would work magic with that roster.

bal_ravens
12-24-2012, 08:45 PM
That's cool Nene, you just keep being injured and collecting your check....

smith&wesson
12-24-2012, 08:55 PM
wall and cousins would be :drool: together

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-24-2012, 09:15 PM
wall and cousins would be :drool: together

Most inefficient duo ever.

TheNumber37
12-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Cousins for Nene sounds like it'd be good for both teams.

Maybe Cousins and Wall will have so much college type fun together, that would translate into a future 500 record.

GiantsSwaGG
12-24-2012, 09:26 PM
NeNe is an OG, the rest are BG's that means baby gangsters

Bruno
12-24-2012, 09:29 PM
he's right.

Aleksandar
12-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Jesus.. They were supposed to be transformed from the last season. Like knuckleheads out, normal people in, vets replacing youngs etc..

IndyRealist
12-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Jesus.. They were supposed to be transformed from the last season. Like knuckleheads out, normal people in, vets replacing youngs etc..

Except that most of the young guys were on last year's team with all the knuckleheads.

AddiX
12-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Lmao at the sac fans and wsh fans wanting to do trades.

Exchanging your teams retards isn't going to change anything.

torocan
12-24-2012, 11:18 PM
He's right.

A LOT of young players (especially first round picks) have a sense of entitlement.

They think they deserve play time. They think they should be starters. They think that they're great players and immensely talented. They think they don't deserve to be on lower tier teams.

They haven't proven anything. For every Star player each draft, there are 55 players that are never going to be more than role players, back ups, 3rd stringers, Euro league players, or your next high school coach.

This is true in many professions. Kids fresh out of school with MBA's who think that because they can read an organizational chart that they know something about business are no different.

I like the Houston Rockets approach.

Most of their picks they send down to the D-League to develop. They spend months to a year working on the holes in their game, learning how to play better, and learning some humility.

The ones who can cut it come out better players and more humble.

Sadly, I'm not sure how many players on the Wizards roster realize not only how lucky they are, but that their fate is very much in their own hands...

DoMeFavors
12-25-2012, 12:55 AM
People said it was Gilbert, Blatche ,Stevenson but in reality its just the wizards franchise

j-bay
12-25-2012, 01:45 AM
I think I know the players who Nene is talking about. Crawford, Price, and Webster. Beal has never looked selfish to me. Yeah he's taken a lot of bad shots but he at least passes the ball. The 3 i mentioned are ballhogs. Crawford is the main one. He takes these bad shots every night! As for Wall, i wouldn't give up yet. He isn't losing, he's hurt. The Wizards have caught the injury bug, this year losing their key guys.