PDA

View Full Version : Mo Williams out indefinitely, Jazz trade their bigs soon?

Everymanalion
12-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Orlando Sentinel- Jazz point guard Mo Williams will be out indefinitely after suffering a right thumb injury that he said feels the same as a torn ligament in 2008 that required surgery.

Williams caught his thumb on the ball when defending a drive by Miami point guard Mario Chalmers during the second quarter of the Jazz’s eventual 105-89 loss to the Heat on Saturday. When he injured it, the Jazz’s third-leading scorer said he knew it was a serious injury, more so than the sprain he suffered in the hand earlier this season.

More: http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/12/mo-williams-out-indefinitely-with-injured-right-thumb/

Mo Williams had been so great for the Jazz backcourt but now it looks like he's out for a long time, maybe for the season.

The Jazz will need a replacement if they want to make the playoffs. Tinsley is their only true PG right now so they'll need to another PG. Foye is just a 3-pointer, LOL. And Burks is more of a shooting guard.

305 till I die
12-24-2012, 01:04 PM
They need to make a trade, Brandon Jennings? Or maybe trade Al or Millsap to Boston for Bradley +.

kntresistheheat
12-24-2012, 01:19 PM
I could see Jefferson going to the celtics or magic but in a 3 way trade?

PC
12-24-2012, 01:22 PM
They need to make a trade, Brandon Jennings? Or maybe trade Al or Millsap to Boston for Bradley +.

Bradley can't be the centerpiece to a trade for either of them. Plus, he's not really a playmaker

dalton749
12-24-2012, 01:46 PM
calderon in some kind of deal bringing milsap to torontoo

mamba24
12-24-2012, 02:05 PM
lakers will trade duhon and devin ebanks for millsap haha

Sadds The Gr8
12-24-2012, 02:13 PM
they shoulda traded Millsap awhile ago. Favors is a beast.

Blink
12-24-2012, 02:22 PM
I thought maybe Brandon Jennings for Milsap package or Jefferson but then again im on this website for a reason lol

TheNumber37
12-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Jennings for Milsap
Though Jennings doesn't fit the Utah Jazz mold

Rylz
12-24-2012, 03:32 PM
The Jazz have plenty of depth already (7 players getting at least 9.6 points per game, not including guys like Kanter and Burks who have a lot of potential but limited minutes). They don't need more role players like Calderon or Bradley. I don't see the Jazz trading Big Al or Millsap unless it involves getting a star player or immediate draft picks.

RyanStorm
12-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Paul was offered the best deal they could based off NBA rules. He denied the contract and will go into FA.

Most Jazz fans think Al should leave. I personally think Paul might stay if we get rid of Al. Al is definitely the odd man out. My case is, Favors price/performance is way better than Jeffersons, even Kanter's price/performance is worth removing Al. I think we could get 1 really amazing player for the price were paying both of them and I think we should trade both for a Westbrook PG type player.

Favors, Hayward and Kanter are all doing great, all three can handle being in a Big 3 lineup at starter position, especially if we keep Millsap. If we keep Millsap, Favors would replace Al(which he could do right now), and hayward could be our SF(which he is right now), who could easily be our SG(at least on defense, Haywards Guard abilities allow him to outmatch SG's cause he is so tall). Kanter could rotate in for Favors or Milsap and Evans will get the minutes to run our Bench by next year.

I have been preaching about the Jazz's lack of good talent in the PG position. Don't get me wrong Mo is a good PG, and can combo at the SG position(he has the ability to be our closer). But he has been getting injured often, and now is out. Were relying on a guy who is more of a 3rd stringer to be our starter.

We have Tinsley as our main PG right now. How can Paul and Al face guys like Dirk/Marion, when they have OJ Mayo's, or Hardens with Lin, and we have Tinsley, someone who most don't even know.

All the winning west coast teams have all star PG's! (and amazing shooters, and great big guys). I think we really out did our selves in the big guy department, and we have so many great players that we can still win without having an all star PG.
We have several consistently 10+ shooters, we lack having 2 of them consistently shooting 15+ a game, and its always a random 2 who do it(jazz need at least two who can shoot 15+ a night, with the other 5 shooting 10+). Hell Burks was the man who stepped up in Orlando, while Al barley got 10+(he is our highest scorer at 15 a game)

I personally believe that Jazz Basketball will be worthy when we got a PG who can run this team as a leader(one who passes first, shoots second). Tinsley does this, and still has the ability to shoot the 3pt. Which is why our bench is so amazing, cause tinsley's playstyle works great with our bench. When you got Favors, Kanter, Carroll, Burks and Hayward waiting for the ball(all of which can make plays, tinsley just finds them).

Mo is out, and we have excess in the big guys. I see this as an opportunity to realize we would be better off if we got an amazing PG for the price of Al and/or Paul. Mo could be our bench PG or starter SG(which would put Foye as bench SG).

We need a Stockton, cause we don't have one who can get 10+ assits a night!

RyanStorm
12-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Don't get me wrong, I want Mo as our PG. I just think we could get someone better. Although, we could use someone who can score 20+ a night, someone who could replace Foye.
Its confusing, cause everyone is off and on, and its hard to tell who we should trade(as far as our starters go).

FriedTofuz
12-24-2012, 05:01 PM
With Mo Williams out indefinitely with thumb injury - wouldn't Jose Calderón make some sense? https://twitter.com/EricPincus

They're not interested in calderon, it was just a suggestion to go after him. There is no deal for calderon and milsap. But if there was, Id be very happy with such a trade

tripleplay2007
12-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Fredette for a pick.

Lab Rat Robby
12-24-2012, 05:38 PM
eric bledsoe needs to be starting

dhopisthename
12-24-2012, 05:44 PM
https://twitter.com/EricPincus

They're not interested in calderon, it was just a suggestion to go after him. There is no deal for calderon and milsap. But if there was, Id be very happy with such a trade

problem with calderon is that the jazz would have to trade one of millsap, jefferson, or marvin to make salaries work and I don't see how it could be done

RyanStorm
12-24-2012, 05:55 PM
As much as I don't like Fredette, he might actually make a good addition. I mean he gets a hometown cheer coming in with the Kings...I have never seen anyone ever get such a cheer on a road court.

I rather have Weber States Lillard than Fredette, if I were to choose a Utah "native" player. I would like either one, but I don't think that is happening. Lillard was such a great pick, I wish we would have got him(he is getting 18ppg)

I also saw Harden early this year in FA. I wish we would have gotten him, in some kind of trade for Millsap, cause they are the same price. Jefferson's cost could pay for almost any all star player. Which is why I think we need one, or some 1st round picks this year or next.

IndyRealist
12-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Calderon, Jennings, and Bledsoe all make sense.

Da_Future_knick
12-24-2012, 06:17 PM
Not sure how good this trade would be but
Evans and Jimmer for Millsap?

RyanStorm
12-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Jazz's draft pick looks promising. I think there looking to find someone to replace Marvin, because people keep saying he was suppose to be part of the Jazz's future, but he became a big upset.

As far as trading, anything can happen. I just think the Jazz lucked out by building such a great team from the draft. Evans and Murphy still need time to prove themselves, but they are the latest from the draft. I hope they can mature up and be great players.

PraiseJesus
12-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Al Jefferson to Lakers

WhiteSoxGod
12-24-2012, 06:31 PM
What about a Package from the Houston Rockets for Millsap?

tripleplay2007
12-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Al Jefferson to Lakers

Only way this would happen is if another team joined in because you guys don't have **** to entice the Jazz.

How about:

Lakers get: Al Jefferson

Raptors get: Pau Gasol

Jazz get: Demar DeRozan and Jose Calderon

smith&wesson
12-24-2012, 06:35 PM
calderon and bargnani for al jeff.

tripleplay2007
12-24-2012, 06:44 PM
calderon and bargnani for al jeff.

No one wants Bargz he sucks be reasonable.

WAYNEBO
12-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Eric Gordon would look good in a Jazz uni.

dalton749
12-24-2012, 07:15 PM
toronto would never trade derozan in a deal for gasol. theyre trying to go young not old

Dodgers99
12-24-2012, 08:56 PM
eric bledsoe needs to be starting

He won't be going anywhere until CP3 puts the pen to the paper in july.

shep33
12-24-2012, 09:00 PM
He won't be going anywhere until CP3 puts the pen to the paper in july.

Yup, although I don't see CP3 leaving, they have to keep him as a backup option just in case. Heck LBJ left Cleveland after having the best record in the NBA and making the Conference Finals.

Still don't think he'll leave because you can't really form a super team unless Dwight also leaves LAL, and even so the options are limited. Really Atlanta is the only place they could team up

Lab Rat Robby
12-24-2012, 09:19 PM
oh yeah i guess bledsoe is stuck on the clipps. i didn't think about the paul contract situation. jimmer sounds like the best realistic answer then.

Santana4Prez'08
12-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Eric Gordon would look good in a Jazz uni.

too bad you'd never see him in it though, hes always hurt

FriedTofuz
12-24-2012, 10:08 PM
calderon and bargnani for al jefferson, YES. PLEASE.