PDA

View Full Version : Ref ripping out of hand?

Captain Moroni
12-24-2012, 12:06 PM
You get on these forums after every game and its just a free for all on the referees.

Yesterday's Knicks/wolves game is the perfect example. Knick fans complain all game how one sided the game was called, then you go the the Minnesota board and they lost because of the bad calls.

Bulls fans, lakers fans, nets and mavericks fans, its the same everywhere after every game.

Someone posted that Lebron didn't get called for any fouls in 5 games...is that even true?

Do people really believe the zebras have it out for their team?

When does your team just lose because they actually got outplayed by the other team?

The whining from fans of every team is just getting ridiculous after every game now.

nycericanguy
12-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Yea, I couldn't believe all the whining in the MIN forum last night claiming the NBA wants to give NY wins... just ridiculous.

Did the NBA want to give NY the win when CHI came in and got alot of questionable calls?

Knicks lost to CHI, I didn't go around saying they lost to the refs...

InRoseWeTrust
12-24-2012, 12:14 PM
You get on these forums after every game and its just a free for all on the referees.

Yesterday's Knicks/wolves game is the perfect example. Knick fans complain all game how one sided the game was called, then you go the the Minnesota board and they lost because of the bad calls.

Bulls fans, lakers fans, nets and mavericks fans, its the same everywhere after every game.

Someone posted that Lebron didn't get called for any fouls in 5 games...is that even true?

When does your team just lose because they actually got outplayed by the other team?

The whining from fans of every team is just getting ridiculous after every game now.

Yes, he went 2+ weeks without getting whistled for a personal foul.

JasonJohnHorn
12-24-2012, 12:20 PM
The officials have a bad rep for a reason. You have to assume that there will be wrong calls made each game, but that they will also likley be balanced out by the end of the game.

That said, I have to admit, as a fan of the game, I felt that the officials had a big bias in favour of the Bulls in the 90s, and I'm inclined to believe that was under the instruction of the league, after all, Jordan and the Bulls made up 60% of the league's revenue at the time (the rest of the league made up 40%). And the ratings were SO much higher when Jordan was playing (just look at the 90, 94 and 95 ratings for proof). Was the league helping Jordan to protect their own interests? I think so. The NBA is a business after all, and I honeslty believe that Stern runs it as such.

Also, during the Lakers three-peat from 00-02, I found the officiating to be horrid and blatantly in favour of LA.

I also thought that when Miami won with Wade and Shaq that the officials helped them (and most especially Wade) a LOT.

I also thought that LBJ got a lot of calls when he played in Cleveland. I remember the Boston/Cavs series... and I think without the officials Boston would have put the Cavs away in 4 or 5 games instead of 7.

But that said, I think the officiating has been good in many years as well. 03, 04 (Lakers did get a lot of calls), 05, I think Boston and LA since 08 earned every titles they won, as well as Dallas in 2011 and Miami in 2012. So the past few seasons I've been pretty happy with the officiating.

HaruSoul
12-24-2012, 12:20 PM

LeBron James hasn't committed a personal foul in his last 250 minutes and 4 seconds played.

That was as of Saturday, not sure where it is at now.

Slug3
12-24-2012, 12:21 PM
When your team loses its easier to blame the refs then your own team. But usually it's your team who just played bad. It always happens. However there are times when the refs do have a bad night or have very bad calls at a bad time of the game.

Captain Moroni
12-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Yes, he went 2+ weeks without getting whistled for a personal foul.

That is quite remarkable...wow

Rome
12-24-2012, 12:28 PM
LeBron Doesn't foul.

I Rock Shaqs
12-24-2012, 12:38 PM
So I guess fans aren't aloud to have an opinion now? Okay cool.

Captain Moroni
12-24-2012, 12:42 PM

Huh? So your opinion is on opinions. Ok.

JEDean89
12-24-2012, 12:44 PM
i mean the refs do miss a lot of calls but we as fans have the luxury of slowmotion replays that the refs can't always go to. the refs do a good job without having to stop the game after each play, but i don't think the refs purposely throw games. i just don't think the owners of the league would allow that.

ghettosean
12-24-2012, 12:46 PM
LeBron Doesn't foul.
Lebron is perfect!!! No foul in 2 weeks he is truly able to do the impossible.

Below is what Shaq thought of the officiating in his time as a mega star...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajcY_MJHLng

quade36
12-24-2012, 03:07 PM

allowed.

Hawkeye15
12-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Go read the last 20 GT's in the Wolves forum. You won't see any complaining about the refs. The refs were terrible to close that game last night. Not even going into specifics, they have been covered, and I dare you to find 5 posts in my history where I complain about the refs. But they were that bad.

NY fans complain about them all the time from what I can see, nothing new there.

I am not getting into a fight over this, but the refs hosed the Wolves down the stretch. That being said, good teams find ways to overcome, so a loss is a loss.

dhopisthename
12-24-2012, 03:31 PM
only time I have complained about the refs was that jazz vs clippers game when Chauncey clearly flopped(he got a warning/fine for it) besides that refs are going to miss calls and things might not go your way, but you have to deal with it

SteBO
12-24-2012, 03:33 PM
The officiating in the last two Knick games wasn't perfect on both sides. There's a reason NY has been getting called for technical fouls left and right; One of them for too much complaining and lack of discpline, the other being because they've been shafted on quite a number of occasions.

Not saying that there isn't any bias both ways, but it's just something to chew on. Jason Kidd is a guy that almost never complains ever, and I've seen him whine more often than not the past two games, so there has to be something to that. Bottom line is certain fan bases want to complain about refs after every loss because they want pinpoint it on something to deflect any faults within their own team. Nothing new.

SteBO
12-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Also to the OP, now you know how I feel when I read through every GT. Tiring, is it not?

BALLER R
12-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Lets be real no one gets screwed worst by the ref than the raptors. I will say every team on certain nights ref seems to not want them to win. So I understand where fans are coming from. But some teams it happens more often than others.

JNoel
12-24-2012, 03:49 PM
It's not everyone, but the Knicks forum is known for the most ref ripping across the forums. It seems pretty strange that the OP would be a Knick fan.

SteBO
12-24-2012, 03:52 PM
^Every fanbase at points complain about officiating....this isn't anything new. Don't single out the Knick forum, because you could look through any GT in any forum and see referee complaining.

gaughan333
12-24-2012, 03:56 PM
the fact that "super star" calls are allowed and common place means that all the ripping the refs get is justified

JNoel
12-24-2012, 03:56 PM
^Every fanbase at points complain about officiating....this isn't anything new. Don't single out the Knick forum, because you could look through any GT in any forum and see referee complaining.

That's why this thread is pretty pointless, ref ripping is inevitable and there's nothing much to do about it.

topdog
12-24-2012, 04:05 PM
There is too much complaining about the refs generally. They are going to get calls wrong sometimes and more often some games than others that is a fact. Fans love to blame refereeing 1st rather than admitting that their team didn't make plays when it counted.

Now, I will temper that with 2 things:

1. Superstar calls are extremely annoying. It's a different set of rules often with invisible violations by non-superstars. But it is extremely marketable.

2. There are instances like yesterday's Knicks-Wolves game where the refereeing is just plain ridiculous. I challenge people to look up my posts and see how often (rather how rarely) I pit a loss on referees. This one was the first one in a long time.

topdog
12-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Since this thread seems to be instigated by yesterday's game I will also add the entirety of Rick Adelman's press conference:

At the end, Adelman seethed over a series of calls, including a no-call when center Nikola Pekovic grabbed an offensive rebound and missed a contested layup that would have tied the score with 52 seconds left. At the end, he pointed out how officials consulted after the final buzzer to determine if the Knicks were due two more free throws in a game already decided. "I'm glad they got that last call right, and I'm glad they waited five minutes to make sure that the game was over," Adelman said in a terse postgame address that lasted fewer than 30 seconds. "That was good. It really made a big difference, making sure they got that one right. That's all I have to say. I'm not going to get fined, so I'm sorry."

tdg823
12-24-2012, 05:30 PM
That said, I have to admit, as a fan of the game, I felt that the officials had a big bias in favour of the Bulls in the 90s, and I'm inclined to believe that was under the instruction of the league, after all, Jordan and the Bulls made up 60% of the league's revenue at the time (the rest of the league made up 40%). And the ratings were SO much higher when Jordan was playing (just look at the 90, 94 and 95 ratings for proof). Was the league helping Jordan to protect their own interests? I think so. The NBA is a business after all, and I honeslty believe that Stern runs it as such.

Also, during the Lakers three-peat from 00-02, I found the officiating to be horrid and blatantly in favour of LA.

I also thought that when Miami won with Wade and Shaq that the officials helped them (and most especially Wade) a LOT.

I also thought that LBJ got a lot of calls when he played in Cleveland. I remember the Boston/Cavs series... and I think without the officials Boston would have put the Cavs away in 4 or 5 games instead of 7.

Credit to JJHorn, I personally find that to be a very accurate timeline of league shenanigans. Complaining about the refs is rampant because the officiating is VERY inconsistent. Like the man said, it's a business, the truth above all in a business is to make money. Sports is no different. Superstars and markets get favored because it's profitable. It leaves the door open for everyone to complain, whether their beef is justified or not.

amos1er
12-24-2012, 05:50 PM

Credit to JJHorn, I personally find that to be a very accurate timeline of league shenanigans. Complaining about the refs is rampant because the officiating is VERY inconsistent. Like the man said, it's a business, the truth above all in a business is to make money. Sports is no different. Superstars and markets get favored because it's profitable. It leaves the door open for everyone to complain, whether their beef is justified or not.

:clap:

Hard to argue. Stern has a lot to answer for.

KnickNyKnick
12-24-2012, 05:56 PM
trust me when it comes to refs. the losing team hates em.

Avenged
12-24-2012, 05:57 PM
It happens. Sometimes it is the refs faults, sometimes it isn't. As fans, passionate as we may be, that is our right. I mean, that is what makes fans, fans (that and a bunch of other stuff).

You single out big market teams because their are a lot of those fans here on PSD - that being a major market. But every fan base has them.

I think it's more annoying when it's the players complaining.

Enzo
12-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Since this thread seems to be instigated by yesterday's game I will also add the entirety of Rick Adelman's press conference:

Ok Top Dog. I already put up several gifs on your forum earlier (as you know) showing you how you guys were exaggerating at missed calls last night.

Since you posted your coaches quote about a specific play I'll show a gif of this exact moment and let everyone judge for themselves. Was there a missed foul on this play or did your boys just miss their shots? My opinion after watching it numeorus times is that the Wolves just missed their shots but obviously I'm a Knicks fan. Melo's right hand is up in the air but never touches Pekovic. Chandlers left hand is up in the air trying to block the shot and he never touches Pekovic either. He missed the shot and then his teamate missed as well!!! :rolleyes:

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2301/pekovicmissing.gif

tapajafri
12-24-2012, 06:26 PM
The ref-ripping is usually necessary if Dick Bavetta reffed your team's game

bucketss
12-24-2012, 06:30 PM
:clap:

Hard to argue. Stern has a lot to answer for.

hard to argue yep except when he said lakers from 00-02 right? lmao

hugepatsfan
12-24-2012, 06:47 PM
The NBA refs favor the stars. So every time a superstar gets a call people are gonna complain that they're favoring the team. And with the stars all flocking to the bigger markets, it just furthers the difference between the haves and the have nots in the league. There's a reason why the game has less parity than other sports - stars are required and the officials are a part of that.

topdog
12-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Ok Top Dog. I already put up several gifs on your forum earlier (as you know) showing you how you guys were exaggerating at missed calls last night.

Since you posted your coaches quote about a specific play I'll show a gif of this exact moment and let everyone judge for themselves. Was there a missed foul on this play or did your boys just miss their shots? My opinion after watching it numeorus times is that the Wolves just missed their shots but obviously I'm a Knicks fan. Melo's right hand is up in the air but never touches Pekovic. Chandlers left hand is up in the air trying to block the shot and he never touches Pekovic either. He missed the shot and then his teamate missed as well!!! :rolleyes:

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2301/pekovicmissing.gif

No you didn't. You posted some GIFs but avoided the most obvious ones like the foul on AK after Melo elbowed him. At best, you simply proved JR Smith deserved a technical (which the play was not shown on our local broadcast).

Melo's hand was not up the whole time in this latest video you posted. He may well have gotten all ball first on Pek, but his arm went down on that play and if he had gotten all ball, there would be a likelihood that it gets knocked loose with Melo pushing down and Pek up.

Honestly, I feel like certain Knicks fans are trying to prove to themselves that it was a legitimate win. It's not like Wolves fans crashed the Knicks forum crying foul. You all went into the Wolves forum and now are upset at a different team's fans' viewpoint on one particular game so you have to make a thread about it :rolleyes:

amos1er
12-24-2012, 07:27 PM
hard to argue yep except when he said lakers from 00-02 right? lmao

Well, I can express my thoughts for some of you who clearly did not watch that series.

For one, during the whole series, the Kings shot 204 FTs and the Lakers shot 185 FTs.

In the controversial game 6, the Lakers shot 15 more FTs than the Kings did for the whole game. What is often mentioned by people who did actually watch the whole series is that game 6 was the reversal of game 5, which the Kings got the beneficial calls that sealed the win for them.

Also, to point out, the largest FT discrepancy came in game 3, where the Kings shot 20 more FTs than the Lakers did. In game 2, the Kings shot 13 more FTs than the Lakers did.

Up until game 6, it was believed by many players that the Kings were getting lots of help. Mobley mentioned this on the Best Damn Sports Show between games 5 and 6.

In the end, the Kings had a 10+ FT advantage in 3 of the 7 games. The Lakers only had 1 game where they shot more than a double digit against the Kings. Kind of odd when one team has a near prime Shaq and a prime Kobe, no?

Watch the whole series and then let's talk. Until then, it's useless to debate.

$GangGr33n$
12-24-2012, 07:29 PM
The only time i personally rip the refs is when it comes to Melo, he constantly gets grabbed, and hit on the head and arms when he drives and doesnt get calls

RonE Coleman
12-24-2012, 07:40 PM
It's not everyone, but the Knicks forum is known for the most ref ripping across the forums. It seems pretty strange that the OP would be a Knick fan.

There is also 10X more Knick fans than any other team other than the Lakers on this site.

Of course there is going to more complaining from my fellow Knick fans as compared to a team like the Raptors or someone. For every 10 Knick fans on here there is maybe 1 Raptor fan.

And if you watched Knick games you'd understand why we bash the refs. Melo gets abused more than any other superstar and gets no calls. Hell have his headband knocked over his eyes while driving the lane and nothing gets called.

NYSPORTSALLDAY
12-24-2012, 07:54 PM
Go read the last 20 GT's in the Wolves forum. You won't see any complaining about the refs. The refs were terrible to close that game last night. Not even going into specifics, they have been covered, and I dare you to find 5 posts in my history where I complain about the refs. But they were that bad.

NY fans complain about them all the time from what I can see, nothing new there.

I am not getting into a fight over this, but the refs hosed the Wolves down the stretch. That being said, good teams find ways to overcome, so a loss is a loss.

Ive never seen Rubio play before last night and all I can say is that kid flops left and right. Plus he gets almost every call his way.

Enzo
12-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Quote:
At the end, Adelman seethed over a series of calls, including a no-call when center Nikola Pekovic grabbed an offensive rebound and missed a contested layup that would have tied the score with 52 seconds left. At the end, he pointed out how officials consulted after the final buzzer to determine if the Knicks were due two more free throws in a game already decided. "I'm glad they got that last call right, and I'm glad they waited five minutes to make sure that the game was over," Adelman said in a terse postgame address that lasted fewer than 30 seconds. "That was good. It really made a big difference, making sure they got that one right. That's all I have to say. I'm not going to get fined, so I'm sorry."

Top Dog, where's the foul? Somebody please point it out!!! Sour grapes bro. :facepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjFKc3c6wvA&feature=youtu.be

If the video quality is bad please change the setting on the youtube player. That sprocket looking thing. There was an issue uploading it for some reason.

topdog
12-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Quote:

Top Dog, where's the foul? Somebody please point it out!!! Sour grapes bro. :facepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjFKc3c6wvA&feature=youtu.be

The 25 second mark Melo's arm is on Pek - it went down and came up with it and Melo held his hand up afterwards like people do when they try to sell a non-call on contact. If you're going by the set-up to Adelman's comments, its called "non-biased reporting."

"Sour grapes?" I'm not the one who came in here and started a thread. I'm not the one who went into the opposing team's forum to argue about foul calls. I'm not the one who keeps trying to prove something.

The Knicks played horribly yesterday and won. That's where we're at now. Yes, Wolves fans were complaining (in the Wolves forum) about foul calls, as were commentators and the Wolves head coach. What will we all say now though? "It's over. Onto the next game."

:facepalm: :facepalm: <- This helps my argument, right? ;)

latinofire21
12-24-2012, 08:40 PM
I generally dislike the officiating in general in the nab. I can't stand the superstar calls. I saw the game and I think the calls were awful throughout the game and ultimately made it a much closer game in the end . I do believe there should be more ability coaches to challenge calls without ultimately changing the pace of the game. Its a difficult thing to balance but if they can get it right then I think it would help immensely.

zizo
12-25-2012, 01:46 AM
this post from 2010 by adizm_55

I'm starting to remember why I stopped reading this forum for so long.

There is an inconceivable amount of psychological self-delusion going on in these pages. Losing does not feel good and no one likes to see a team they dislike win. Blaming someone other than the team that lost eases the discomfort.*On top of that, we have Laker fans arguing with Laker fans, Jazz fans arguing with Jazz fans, and fans of completely non-related teams arguing with everyone. And what is the subject of these arguments? Referees. The same referees that we have been familiar with since kindergarten leagues.

Referees do have an influence on the outcomes of games. This is nothing new. This influence exists in every officiated sport, although perhaps not to the degree that it exists in basketball. Unfortunately, this will remain the case as long as human beings, imperfect by nature, perform these duties. Also unfortunately, the mistakes that these officials make every day open the door for innumerable manipulations of circumstances into conspiracy theories and fatalistic accusations.

It boils down to this: referees miss calls and, when they do, fans of the benefited team will cheer while fans of the disadvantaged team will complain. I do this. We all do this. But where it moves from predictable behavior to a defense mechanism is when said missed calls are exaggerated and used to build grand theories about corrupt league officials and pre-determined game outcomes. Such concoctions are nothing more than an attempt to ease the discomfort of one's favored team losing or one's despised team winning.

There are three types of posters present on just about any sports-related forum. There are people who get excited about games and must vent this excitement online, whether constructively or in a juvenile fashion, to simply get their feelings " off their chest." There are mature posters who seek to engage in logical discussions about the games they watch, and who maintain a level of common courtesy and sportsmanship even with those they disagree with. Then there are those who exercise their freedom to post by trying to draw a reaction from people by posting offensive highly-polarizing comments. The latter are far too prevalent here, and they tend to draw individuals from the first group into useless arguments. I wish this would end but I know it will not.

People in the second group, thank you. I enjoy reading your comments and insights. Everyone else, just stop discussing the officiating in regards to the outcome of the game being influenced. You are saying more about yourselves than the teams and referees you are persecuting.

Enzo
12-25-2012, 02:03 AM
this post from 2010 by adizm_55

People in the second group, thank you. I enjoy reading your comments and insights. Everyone else, just stop discussing the officiating in regards to the outcome of the game being influenced. You are saying more about yourselves than the teams and referees you are persecuting.

You're welcome!!

Hawkeye15
12-25-2012, 02:10 AM
Ive never seen Rubio play before last night and all I can say is that kid flops left and right. Plus he gets almost every call his way.

we see different games....

rocky4104
12-25-2012, 02:21 AM
we Suns fans does not blame the refs, we simply have a sad bunch of players 8-)

kidding aside, once i refereed a game and it was so darn hard!!

tapajafri
12-25-2012, 02:22 AM

He's pretty damn good though. U just mad.

tapajafri
12-25-2012, 02:23 AM
The ref-ripping is always necessary when Dick Bavetta is reffing. He's always got some hidden agenda.

There's always something strange going on with the meaningful games that Bavetta refs.

Enzo
12-25-2012, 02:34 AM
He's pretty damn good though. U just mad.

Rubio is a damn good player, but he does flop a bit. With that being said, I wouldn't mind him being on my team. For some reason many players that come out of Europe flop a lot.

http://minnesota.sbnation.com/minnesota-timberwolves/2012/2/21/2813455/ricky-rubio-flop-nuggets-timberwolves

Cracka2HI!
12-25-2012, 03:10 AM
Yes. Fans should never complain that a ref cost them the game. Try being a fan of a bad team for many years. Fans of good teams should NEVER complain about the refs. The bad teams get far more bad calls. I also think the players should never complain and if they do it should be an automatic T. These guys are supposed to be "professionals" yet they cry worse than 8 year olds.

topdog
12-25-2012, 03:35 AM

Almost every call? He got called for four fouls including one on what looked like a clean block. I'm not sure where you got that from.

thechom80
12-25-2012, 05:34 AM
Everyone flops. If you're going to post a gif or video to try and sway your argument towards Pek "not being fouled", please post a gif or video where he isn't being fouled. Also, do you have a gif or video of me watching your gif and/or video of Pek not getting fouled when he actually was being fouled? That would be super.

Enzo
12-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Everyone flops. If you're going to post a gif or video to try and sway your argument towards Pek "not being fouled", please post a gif or video where he isn't being fouled. Also, do you have a gif or video of me watching your gif and/or video of Pek not getting fouled when he actually was being fouled? That would be super.

Whatcha talkin about Willis?

Oefarmy2005
12-25-2012, 11:49 PM
It's funny to me that after one game, supposedly Wolves fans whine about refs too much. If you actually go though the GT in the Wolves forum, you will see when we aknowledge some bad calls that were against NY. Like Hawk, and any other person that knows a thing or two about basketball will tell you(I am excluding myself by the way) that bad calls can go both ways, but it's the bad calls down the stretch that can cost one team a game, and they did. Either way, like I've mentioned in our thread, the Wolves lost the game, but the refs played a big part in that loss down the stretch.

TylerSL
12-25-2012, 11:54 PM
its a scapegoat for people to cry when their team loses. People really love to do it when the Heat win as well. Its a very childish thing to do......

psperry34116
12-26-2012, 12:11 AM
What happens in team forums stays in team forums

psperry34116
12-26-2012, 12:15 AM
These complaints are gut reactions made while watching the game. If you do not complain about officiating to some degree over the course of your teams game, its safe to say you aren't a fan of that team. GTs within forums are supposed to be coping mechanisms for fans to ***** and moan all they want. I think its much more harmless to whine a little than to search out other teams GTs, call foul and act like your above it all

ChongInc.
12-26-2012, 01:21 AM
the reffing in the NBA is the worst of any major sport in the world. until something is done to change that, i think we should all be ripping on not only the ref's, but also the league for allowing this to happen.

tdg823
12-26-2012, 06:25 AM
The thing I don't get is this. Money has an disproportionate, unfair influence on most everything. It negatively affects government, elected officials, elections, business, the judicial system, public schools, education. Pretty much everything. Not the money itself being bad, but the ways it can be used and the uneven application of it. What makes you guys think sports is any different? Is it some pristine thing held up above the ugliness of the world? No, it's a business that makes LOTS of money. And if money is tainting basketball, in what way would that manifest itself? What is the logical conclusion?

amos1er
12-26-2012, 06:35 AM
NBA refs suck...what can u expect...they are all ordered to do their bidding by dictator Stern...It's not the refs that are the problem...It's their dictator...If you cut off the head of the monster...the beast will fall...

tdg823
12-26-2012, 06:52 AM
Stern's a CEO. His SOLE job is to turn a profit. He owes nothing to the fans and has no allegiance to them. He markets and runs the NBA no different than a bank or an insurance company and we should expect the same level of respect from them as customers as those companies exhibit.

tdg823
12-26-2012, 06:55 AM
Amos, don't you know I;m you? Or so I'm told. Some Heat fans swear you created a duplicate account (that would be me) just to agree with yourself. Despicable of you if you ask me....

amos1er
12-26-2012, 07:45 AM
Amos, don't you know I;m you? Or so I'm told. Some Heat fans swear you created a duplicate account (that would be me) just to agree with yourself. Despicable of you if you ask me....

They just can't stand the fact that others can see logic and reasoning. Anyone with a brainstem can see that something just ain't right...

Business is business after all...

amos1er
12-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Stern's a CEO. His SOLE job is to turn a profit. He owes nothing to the fans and has no allegiance to them. He markets and runs the NBA no different than a bank or an insurance company and we should expect the same level of respect from them as customers as those companies exhibit.

Exactly...someone who knows something about business. :clap:

Sometimes the truth ain't what it's cracked up to be...

John Walls Era
12-26-2012, 07:47 AM
Ref missing calls is part of the game. So is fans dissing the refs.

amos1er
12-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Ref missing calls is part of the game. So is fans dissing the refs.

David Stern has set a new standard for that...