PDA

View Full Version : Cousins fires agents, possibly to try to get trade initiated

spreadeagle
12-23-2012, 04:14 PM
DeMarcus Cousins has made a mess for himself. He’s lashed out at opponents, coaches, announcers — pretty much everyone. He’s been fined, he’s been suspended. The Kings are tired of apologies. Cousins is sick of losing. And around and around we go.

No matter whose side you’re on, it’s safe to say that Cousins has painted himself into a corner with some immature actions. So who do you call to clean up the mess? The Winston Wolfe of NBA agents.

Cousins has looked outside for help, according to this from Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee:

Jason Jones @mr_jasonjones

DeMarcus Cousins has also fired his agent John Greig to go with Dan Fegan.

Normally this wouldn’t be big news, but Dan Fegan has a bit of a reputation. When players want out, he’s the guy they bring in. Remember the “Dwightmare” saga with Dwight Howard in Orlando? Fegan engineered the trade, and made sure Howard landed in one of his preferred spots.

Maybe more relevant to Cousins’ situation with the Kings is Fegan’s relationship with Sacramento Kings GM Geoff Petrie. Here’s Tom Ziller of Sactown Royalty, recalling how former Kings guard Kevin Martin left town as soon as Martin signed with Fegan:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/23/report-demarcus-cousins-changes-agents/

waveycrockett
12-23-2012, 04:17 PM
BroOOOOOOOOOOkyln

abe_froman
12-23-2012, 04:20 PM
its best for both parties ,hope the kings get a good package but who knows with his problems and all

waveycrockett
12-23-2012, 04:21 PM
The Bulls would be a great spot for him also with Thibs and Rose.

phlp_bj
12-23-2012, 04:23 PM
send him to san antonio so he can learn alongside duncan

abe_froman
12-23-2012, 04:24 PM
The Bulls would be a great spot for him also with Thibs and Rose.
ahhhh no,our management doesnt like troublemakers(and cant see him getting along with rose either).we wont even make a call

Rosh
12-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Send him to Boston so KG can knock some sense into him. And some stuff out of him.

Avenged
12-23-2012, 04:25 PM
In before Laker fans say Ebanks for Cousins. :D

Kuya_Clive
12-23-2012, 04:26 PM
He needs to go to a team with vets that won't take **** from him.

*Superman*
12-23-2012, 04:26 PM
I guess that takes the Magic out of the running?

TrueFan420
12-23-2012, 04:30 PM
He needs to go to a team with vets that won't take **** from him.

Spurs timmy and pop will put that fool in check

bucketss
12-23-2012, 04:31 PM
to wizards for their unprotected 2013.

eibbor
12-23-2012, 04:32 PM
He's just mad he made more money at Kentucky

iFYouSeekAmy
12-23-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm guessing if Cousins gets traded, Garcia and/or Salmons would be included. Those are the only bad contracts they have

JesusNYY_Savior
12-23-2012, 04:37 PM
He's just mad he made more money at Kentucky
That joke is very played out, and my guess is recycled from another thread or forum

eibbor
12-23-2012, 04:48 PM
That joke is very played out, and my guess is recycled from another thread or forum

Your guess is appreciated. Keep up the good work.

Blitzace137
12-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Send him to Boston so KG can knock some sense into him. And some stuff out of him.

This... Kg would probably make him cry like big baby davis and knock some sense into him.

lakersiznumber1
12-23-2012, 04:53 PM
In before Laker fans say Ebanks for Cousins. :D

lol i think lakers will have to throw in blake or duhon to make the salaries match lol those damn lakers and fegan

Htownballa1622
12-23-2012, 04:54 PM
kg is a *****. He would get murdered by Cousins. But the leadership alone would straighten him up. Not tryna punk him.

just saying.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Ebanks for cousinsssssssssssssss :p

eibbor
12-23-2012, 04:59 PM
kg is a *****. He would get murdered by Cousins. But the leadership alone would straighten him up. Not tryna punk him.

just saying.

This

ThunderousDemon
12-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Ebanks, blake, and hill.

waveycrockett
12-23-2012, 05:05 PM
ahhhh no,our management doesnt like troublemakers(and cant see him getting along with rose either).we wont even make a call

I think Thibs, Rose, Boozer, Deng and Noah would put him in check.

JNoel
12-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Lebron and Bosh for Cousins ;)

sunnydayin'zona
12-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Your guess is appreciated. Keep up the good work.

I lol'd. I've also never heard that before. :p

THE MTL
12-23-2012, 05:21 PM
He needs to be surrounded by a veteran team that wont put up with his mess. Thats not gonna fly in Boston, San Antonio, or New York

corytwotimes
12-23-2012, 05:23 PM
cousins needs to play alongside VETS and a strict coach.....hes playing on a losing team in a sorry city with a sorry coach and young inexperienced teammates.....his best fits would be:

1) Boston (between doc, kg, and pierce.....hed keep his mouth shut)
2)Chicago ( between thibs, noah, and rose...hed keep his mouth shut)
3) Miami (trade him for bosh....bron and wade would make um shutup)

teams like the knicks, spurs, or nets dont have anybody who i "think" dmc would grow up for.....

Boston ( offer avery bradley, brandon bass, and some picks)
Chicago ( offer deng, bobcats pick, and our 1st round pick)
Miami ( offer bosh, straight up)

thephoenixson28
12-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Cousins for Gortat and Lakers 1st

numba1CHANGsta
12-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Cousins is going to be one of those players who acts like an immature punk in his early career and as he gets older he will become a really good player for a team

sep11ie
cousins needs to play alongside VETS and a strict coach.....hes playing on a losing team in a sorry city with a sorry coach and young inexperienced teammates.....his best fits would be:

teams like the knicks, spurs, or nets dont have anybody who i "think" dmc would grow up for.....

1. This entire post is a fail.

2. What makes people think KG would "shut him up"? Boogie is HUGE and not a PG, so KG would cower down to him.

3. Gramarcus Cousgrams

Ty_Lawson
Mozzy,KK,Chandler,Brewer for Cousins,Salmons

Mr_Amaziing
12-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Perkins, Toronto's 1st rounder, Okc 1st rounder for Cousins

corytwotimes
12-23-2012, 05:46 PM
1. This entire post is a fail.

2. What makes people think KG would "shut him up"? Boogie is HUGE and not a PG, so KG would cower down to him.

3. Gramarcus Cousgrams

1. your post was a fail due to lacl of knowledge

2. perkins is "HUGE" and garnett made him cry like a little baby, garnett is a championship winning, all-star game making, future hall of fame inductee, who doesnt **** around....dmc would shut his mouth if kg told him to

3. wtf are u even talking about? smack yourself douchebag

corytwotimes
12-23-2012, 05:48 PM

are u sure? but wouldnt OKC be getting raped in that deal?? LMAO stupidest offer ive seen yet lol that offer couldnt even get you amare, and they would LOVE to get rid of him....your dreaming kiddo

Mr_Amaziing
12-23-2012, 06:02 PM
are u sure? but wouldnt OKC be getting raped in that deal?? LMAO stupidest offer ive seen yet lol that offer couldnt even get you amare, and they would LOVE to get rid of him....your dreaming kiddo

Yea I'm sure

But they'll probably want someone else.. Jimmer Fredette

So the trade would look like...

Okc gets- Cousins and Fredette

Kings gets- Perkins, Toronto's 1st rounder, our 1st rounder

Ino it probably wouldn't happen but it makes sense for both sides

sep11ie
12-23-2012, 06:17 PM
1. your post was a fail due to lacl of knowledge

2. perkins is "HUGE" and garnett made him cry like a little baby, garnett is a championship winning, all-star game making, future hall of fame inductee, who doesnt **** around....dmc would shut his mouth if kg told him to

3. wtf are u even talking about? smack yourself douchebag

Nice try buddy, but....

1. Read what you wrote.

2. You are mixing up Perkins and Big Baby Davis.

3. Wasn't meant for you, but thanks for playing.

PraiseJesus
12-23-2012, 06:18 PM
Lakers

NFLNBA
12-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Would look good in LA. Jesus Metta and Cousins on same team might be worse then Metta and Jackson together again.

Nash
Kobe
Metta
Cousins
Howard

Wow in 2014 Lakers could have a team centered around

Howard
Cousins
Lebron

Lakers send out Gasol, Morris, Duhon, Ebanks
Lakers get Cousins and a bad contract player. Garcia?

mjt20mik
12-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Bargnani for Cousins

mjt20mik
12-23-2012, 06:44 PM

Man..

Cousins
Ibaka
Durant
Thabo
Westy

DISGUSTING starting 5

blazerman
12-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Portland sends: #11 pick Meyers Leonard and 1st to Sac and Hickson and 2nd to Charlotte

Portland receives: DeMarcus Cousins

Charlotte sends: Gerald Henderson to Sac

Charlotte receives: JJ Hickson and 2nd rd

Sac sends: Cousins to Portland

Sac receives: Gerald Henderson/M Leonard/1st rd pick

Sac could then deal T Evans for whatever they wanted or play him and Henderson, promising big in 7'2" Leonard and a pick.

Portland would have Lilliard/W Matthews/Batum/Aldridge/Cousins starting 5 and a shyt bench but still a good amount of capspace.

Hickson is NC state product and is playing better than any play in this trade and would be a solid big for Charlotte. solid deal for all teams

b-ballistic
12-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Detroit is the only team I could see him really succeeding on.

shep33
12-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Cavs need to jump on this. Varajao + fillers for Cousins + Salmons

kozelkid
12-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Honestly, bulls would be a good situation for him, but I can't see it happening with our conservative fo. But it really would be the ultimate situation for him: either he listens to Thibs or sits, no nonsense about it and he wouldn't face the pressure of being the number one guy with Rose around. And if he ****s up, then he can leave with his rookie contract. Low risk and high reward; I'd bite but our fo won't.

kozelkid
12-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Cavs need to jump on this. Varajao + fillers for Cousins + Salmons

They're at least a year away from taking that risk IMO. I think you need an established veteran star, and while I love Kyrie, he needs more seasoning before you could hope for him keeping guys like Cousins in check.

Dallas is a team I could really see going for it; he'd be a great fit alongside the Diggler.

FriedTofuz
12-23-2012, 10:35 PM
he should go to the spurs, pop will handle that ******

Nighthawk
12-23-2012, 10:44 PM
BOS Sends:

Jared Sullenger
Courtney Lee
Barbosa
J. Collins
1st Rd Pk

SAC Sends:

D. Cousins
J. Freddette

----------------------------------

Rondo/Jimmer
Bradley/Terry
Pierce/Green
KG/Bass
Cousins/Wilcox/Melo

Brooks/Thomas
Thorton/Lee/Barbosa
Evans/Salmons/Outlaw
Robinson/Sullinger
Thompson/Hayes/Collins

lavarius2
12-23-2012, 11:29 PM
Pat riley trying to get him

Ryan328
12-24-2012, 01:22 AM
I can't see Miami parting with bosh though

JLynn943
12-24-2012, 04:11 AM
Yeah... I can't imagine how the Heat could possibly get Cousins. No one who isn't a part of the big 3 would be enough. Cousins is worth more than role players and role players are useless to the Kings right now.

TrueFan420
12-24-2012, 04:24 AM

Um Tim Duncan greatest pf ever... Pop one of the best coaches in the game... Vets like Parker and ginobili... Team that's winning and always wins even when people think their window closed... yea your dumb

JLynn943
12-24-2012, 04:27 AM
Um Tim Duncan greatest pf ever... Pop one of the best coaches in the game... Vets like Parker and ginobili... Team that's winning and always wins even when people think their window closed... yea your dumb

Yeah, Cousins has said in the past how much respect he has for Duncan, and Duncan praised Cousins ability. If they can pull off a trade for Cousins, it's really the perfect situation for him.

TrueFan420
12-24-2012, 04:35 AM
Yeah, Cousins has said in the past how much respect he has for Duncan, and Duncan praised Cousins ability. If they can pull off a trade for Cousins, it's really the perfect situation for him.

That without question that is best place for him but idk if spurs have the pieces to make it happen

dcumba
12-24-2012, 04:44 AM
Trade Cousins and Evans for any players on the Wizards except for Wall and Seraphin.

Jarvo
12-24-2012, 10:11 AM

Bulls would look into it, DMC would be a dumass to **** up in Chi Town.

Jarvo
12-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Would look good in LA. Jesus Metta and Cousins on same team might be worse then Metta and Jackson together again.

Nash
Kobe
Metta
Cousins
Howard

Wow in 2014 Lakers could have a team centered around

Howard
Cousins
Lebron

Lakers send out Gasol, Morris, Duhon, Ebanks
Lakers get Cousins and a bad contract player. Garcia?

Dream on :laugh:

Alayla
12-24-2012, 11:13 AM

You sound dumb the raptors SUCK that's going to be a nice pick Perkins is a good center and okcs pick is just icing i would do it if i where the kings gm maybe u just lack understanding of how bad DMC actually is

Under no situation should a center have a FG % of .414 with less than a block a game
the points and rebounds look nice but they are very deceiving he is not close to ready to REALLY help a team yet and that maturity problem doesn't make him any more enticing.

Tysons_Beard
12-24-2012, 11:30 AM
such a shame. making great money, instant celebrity (sorta), doing what he loves. and he still acts immature

FeltonYaMotha
12-24-2012, 11:33 AM

This. Make's more sense than any other offer put up so far.

waveycrockett
12-24-2012, 11:52 AM
This. Make's more sense than any other offer put up so far.

Cousins and Westbrook would run Durant out of town.

corytwotimes
12-24-2012, 12:02 PM

1. karl malone is better than tim duncan 8 days out of the week. no timmy is NOT the greatest pf of all time, what are u 13?

2. you were obviously a nerd and dont understand people like dmc.....he wouldnt respond well to a bunch of "dorks" like duncan, parker, and ginobili...dmc would mesh well with somebodys whos "style" is simular to his i.e. KG

3. duncan, ginobili, and parker are all dinosaurs who are currently playing their last relevant year in the nba

jrm2054
12-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Trade him for all you can get

Sox72
12-24-2012, 12:08 PM
1. karl malone is better than tim duncan 8 days out of the week. no timmy is NOT the greatest pf of all time, what are u 13?

2. you were obviously a nerd and dont understand people like dmc.....he wouldnt respond well to a bunch of "dorks" like duncan, parker, and ginobili...dmc would mesh well with somebodys whos "style" is simular to his i.e. KG

3. duncan, ginobili, and parker are all dinosaurs who are currently playing their last relevant year in the nba

Parker is only 30. Hardly a dinosaur.

Jarvo
12-24-2012, 12:08 PM

:facepalm: Fail.

ZHawk1123
12-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Bradley, Bass, Melo and a 1st for Cousins and Jason Thompson

superwill
12-24-2012, 12:46 PM
First stop thinking the way to deal with Demarcus is by punking him its not going to work you have to get him around guys that have won and know how to deal with him. Second I don't think the are going to give up on the big three right now so he's not going to Miami as of right now. Third the best teams for Demarcus is spurs,Boston,lakers,and okc with lakers being last because they have to many nut jobs on their team as is.

DoMeFavors
12-24-2012, 01:04 PM

Could get it done.....but it would probably be Salmons instead of Thompson

abe_froman
12-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Bulls would look into it, DMC would be a dumass to **** up in Chi Town.
he would,but we try avoiding troublemakers

I think Thibs, Rose, Boozer, Deng and Noah would put him in check.
not saying they couldnt straighten him out,but that our front office wouldnt let them have the chance to.the high ups care about things like "being a winner" "listening to coaches" ,ect. when they look at players

its just organisational philosophy,how things are run here.

Mr.Nate30
12-24-2012, 01:53 PM

lol sig quote

RealLiveBear
12-24-2012, 02:28 PM

You have lost every bit of credibility you had in this one thread. Between this and calling the OKC trade the worst ever you need to re-evaluate your basketball thinking.

flclfanman
12-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Man I'd love the Bulls to take a chance on Cousins, but like others have said, The Bulls' FO doesn't take to many risky moves that threaten team chemistry.

But hey, you nver know. We took a swing at the Dwightmare, drafted Artest, and Signed Ben Wallace (back when most Bulls fans thought he was a thug)

Gibson, CHA pick+CHI pick for Cousins and a second rounder

JLynn943
12-24-2012, 02:41 PM

Lol no. there is no way we trade Thompson with Cousins. Especially not for a deal centered around yet another guard and players with little value. We need at least one serviceable big on the team.

sep11ie
12-24-2012, 03:05 PM
You have lost every bit of credibility you had in this one thread. Between this and calling the OKC trade the worst ever you need to re-evaluate your basketball thinking.

He had credibility?

Hawkeye15
12-24-2012, 03:18 PM
the Kings will get nothing for him. Let him simmer down and cool off, and try again.

Hawkeye15
12-24-2012, 03:18 PM

funny, I have Duncan, Barkley, and possibly even KG ahead of Karl...

Alayla
12-24-2012, 03:54 PM

I wonder how many times this has been said? Lol. mabye the last 3 or 4 years.
As for Malone over Duncan your right about 1 thing Malone is a better PF than Duncan but traditionally speaking Duncan is a center and a better overall player than Malone.

Alayla
12-24-2012, 04:01 PM
funny, I have Duncan, Barkley, and possibly even KG ahead of Karl...

....Duncan is really more of a center
coming from a sixers fan Malone is better than Barkley
and i think i might give you KG when his career ends.

chi-townlove1
12-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Was just reinstated

dee279
12-24-2012, 05:28 PM

Yea just stop. So much BS in all your comments i read so far. And about the TD/ KM statement. The Mailman was great but all around, its a toss up between the 2. Both amazing player really. Dont make it seem like Karl Malone was wayyy better then TD. Id love to see TD play with one of the best PGs of all time like Malone did.

dee279
12-24-2012, 05:35 PM
And what is up with all this KG could keep Cousins in check BS. If anything, i could see a big clash between the 2. And wasnt KG voted like the dirtiest player in the game or something? Cousins already has a bad attitude. You really want KGs dirty play to rub off on him?

mdm692
12-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Dudley, Brown, Gortat and Lakers 1st for Evans, Cousins and one of their bad contracts.

smith&wesson
12-24-2012, 06:38 PM
bargnani and calderon for cousins and salmons