PDA

View Full Version : Line of the night: Dec. 22nd

JasonJohnHorn
12-23-2012, 11:31 AM
The Pistons beat the Wizards fro the second time this week, and again pull out their bench to finish the game. The Suns fell to the Trailbalzers who are now over .500 and are on a season high 5-game winning streak. Lillard scored a game high 25 points, while Hickson grabbed a game high 15 rebounds and Batum was flirting with a triple-double. The Rockets put on a clinic against the Grizzlies lead by Harden and Lin. Robin Lopez had a career night, but it wasnít enough as the Hornets fell to the Pacers. Monta Ellis chipped in 37 points for the bucks, but no other Bucks player scored in double digits as the Cavs rolled past the Bucks. The Heat played without Bosh last night but still managed a win over the Jazz behind LBJís 30 points game. The Lakers narrowly beat the Warriors in an overtime thriller that saw Kobe jack up more shots than the rest of the starting line-up (41 shots for Kobe, 36 for the rest of the starting line-up). Steve Nash lead the teal in assist to mark his return to play. The Nuggets beat the Bobcats (Iggy had a nice all-around game) and the Bulls saw only two players reach double digits as the Hawks rolled over the Bulls.

mightybosstone
12-23-2012, 11:44 AM
I feel like if you're going to do this, you need to include shooting numbers in the poll. For example, Kobe scored 34 points... ON 41 SHOTS!!!! That's awful no matter how you look at it. Meanwhile, James Harden scored 31 points on only 13 shots and in only 30 minutes (against arguably the league's best defense). That's three fewer points on less than one-third the number of attempts.

ChiSox219
12-23-2012, 11:51 AM
I feel like if you're going to do this, you need to include shooting numbers in the poll. For example, Kobe scored 34 points... ON 41 SHOTS!!!! That's awful no matter how you look at it. Meanwhile, James Harden scored 31 points on only 13 shots and in only 30 minutes (against arguably the league's best defense). That's three fewer points on less than one-third the number of attempts.

The Lakers would be so dirty with Harden.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Lebron :)

JasonJohnHorn
12-23-2012, 11:52 AM

I did mention Kobe's shot attempts in the post.

mightybosstone
12-23-2012, 11:58 AM
I did mention Kobe's shot attempts in the post.

You did, but 90% of the people who vote on the poll won't read it. People will see 34 points and his other statistical production and go OMGZ KOBE BRYANT!!! But in fact, he had a pretty atrocious game last night and should not be praised for it.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-23-2012, 12:26 PM
yea from the lakers, you should have put up MWP's stats up, more impressive.
7-12- 20 points lol

naps
12-23-2012, 12:39 PM
The Lakers would be so dirty with Harden.

Agreed 100%. Kobe is holding them back like usual.

Sly Guy
12-23-2012, 01:18 PM
I voted for kobe. Mainly cuz the stat line doesn't show the most impressive stuff of all.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-23-2012, 01:21 PM
I voted for kobe. Mainly cuz the stat line doesn't show the most impressive stuff of all.

thanks for wasting your vote.

Sly Guy
12-23-2012, 01:28 PM
thanks for wasting your vote.

anytime......anytime. But in all fairness, I do think it's impressive to have the balls to take 41 shots as a one time MVP when you've got a 2 time MVP and distributor coming back from injury with over $100 million dollar in payroll surrounding you. It's just impressive for different reasons.

mightybosstone
12-23-2012, 01:35 PM
anytime......anytime. But in all fairness, I do think it's impressive to have the balls to take 41 shots as a one time MVP when you've got a 2 time MVP and distributor coming back from injury with over $100 million dollar in payroll surrounding you. It's just impressive for different reasons.

It's impressive if he shoots 41 times and scores like 60 points. When you have far fewer points than he have field goals attempted, you've had an awful game. I didn't see last night's game, and I didn't have to to know that the Lakers won in spite of Kobe, not because of him. The dude missed 25 shots, was only 2-8 from beyond the arc and attempted only one free throw in the game (which he missed). That tells me that he's clearly not taking it to the hole enough and settling for far too many jumpers.

Here's the really scary stat from last night's game... Kobe attempted more shots last night than Dwight, Pau, Nash and Artest COMBINED. They scored 52 points combined. He scored 34. If that doesn't scare you as a Lakers fan, I don't know what should...

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-23-2012, 01:47 PM
It's impressive if he shoots 41 times and scores like 60 points. When you have far fewer points than he have field goals attempted, you've had an awful game. I didn't see last night's game, and I didn't have to to know that the Lakers won in spite of Kobe, not because of him. The dude missed 25 shots, was only 2-8 from beyond the arc and attempted only one free throw in the game (which he missed). That tells me that he's clearly not taking it to the hole enough and settling for far too many jumpers.

Here's the really scary stat from last night's game... Kobe attempted more shots last night than Dwight, Pau, Nash and Artest COMBINED. They scored 52 points combined. He scored 34. If that doesn't scare you as a Lakers fan, I don't know what should...

Agree. He was awful last night but he did take 19 shots in the paint. And fouled on ten of them.

But he was a black hole yesterday no doubt

ChickenSouvlaki
12-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Nash needs the ball more he looked great in his limited touches considering its his first game back. His jumper was tremendous as usual, hitting a clutch 3 in regulation and that mid range pull up sealed it in OT.

tredigs
12-23-2012, 02:12 PM
You did, but 90% of the people who vote on the poll won't read it. People will see 34 points and his other statistical production and go OMGZ KOBE BRYANT!!! But in fact, he had a pretty atrocious game last night and should not be praised for it.

Mentioned it to the kid 10 times. He refuses to include FGA's.

Lakers + Giants
12-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Kobe had 41 FGA. He should not be on the list. .

If any lakers deserve to be on the list it should be MWP, Nash, or Hill.

Chavacano
12-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Kobe Bean Bryant's for ze llullz