PDA

View Full Version : Sixers 13-14, Lakers 13-14, Magic 12-14

Stuckey#3
12-23-2012, 03:16 AM
So who next to Denver is winning in this trade?

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-23-2012, 03:17 AM
Is nobody an acceptable answer?

Avenged
12-23-2012, 03:20 AM
The team with the most upside.

Patrick Ewing33
12-23-2012, 03:22 AM
LOL I didn't think of that. All teams suck now. I expect the Lakers and Nugs to find there way. 6'ers def lost if they dont get Bynum back to normal.

numba1CHANGsta
12-23-2012, 03:34 AM
The team that makes it the furthest in the playoffs, so you're 6 months too early buddy :)

More-Than-Most
12-23-2012, 03:34 AM
Na I would still do the trade and I would still Sign Bynum to a max deal.... This team with how Turner/Holiday have emerged without Iggy would be a great team with Bynum....We built our team around the center position and need that type of player to contend....When/if we get him back we will be beyond dangerous for any and every team and to be brutally honest don't really need him right now. Just keep our heads above water and let him get healthy until playoff time.

We lose the trade I guess if he does not return but from my stand point I still disagree.I wanted Iggy gone for years and people would say well why....He was over paid and holding back our young guys like Turner/Holiday and that has been proven this year....Even if we lose Bynum we now have money to go out and get a guy in the summer....How sick would it be to bring Dwight to Philly.

I love where the sixers are right now with a core of Turner/Holiday/Thad and our other young guys.

More-Than-Most
12-23-2012, 03:38 AM
The Lakers are the team people now need to worry about.... My god I had so much hope for them and thought they would be fun to watch and they still might but Kobe Is old and Nash is Old and Howard has become a distraction....On top of that they owe more money to head coaches then some teams owe for players.... For the first time in a long time the lakers are in a bad situation when you factor in they are stuck with that Kobe/Nash contract and a coach who does not understand defense while there is a chance they could Lose Howard. Just Insanity when you think back about how good they looked just a couple of months ago.

LASportsFan1996
12-23-2012, 03:49 AM
Lakers > Sixers Yosef

shep33
12-23-2012, 03:51 AM
We still won that trade. We gave up Bynum for Howard. Even if Dwight leaves its a win for us.

theLgndKllr35
12-23-2012, 03:52 AM
I would have voted Jrue Holiday had it not been for Bynum's Hair.

Bruno
12-23-2012, 03:55 AM
bynums hair.

More-Than-Most
12-23-2012, 03:55 AM
We still won that trade. We gave up Bynum for Howard. Even if Dwight leaves its a win for us.

not when you factor in everything else...If Howard leaves the lakers are ****ed....They are stuck with the contracts of Kobe/Nash while having an unhappy Gasol and Dantoni as coach. I wanted the lakers to be good so very badly but this is just bad.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-23-2012, 03:58 AM
La.

More-Than-Most
12-23-2012, 03:59 AM
In fact if Bynum and Howard leave the magic could end up getting the best of this deal from the talent stand point

John Walls Era
12-23-2012, 04:06 AM
I'll pick the Lakers only because they should be able to beat anyone on any night (even though they are not atm).

shep33
12-23-2012, 04:17 AM
not when you factor in everything else...If Howard leaves the lakers are ****ed....They are stuck with the contracts of Kobe/Nash while having an unhappy Gasol and Dantoni as coach. I wanted the lakers to be good so very badly but this is just bad.

We're still in a great position. If Howard walks so be it. After next year we don't have anyone under contract except Nash who's gonna make 9 mill. We can rebuild instantly via free agency. Huge FA class in the summer of 2014.

Philly is fine too. They still got out of Iggy's 16 mill for next year.

setman2000
12-23-2012, 04:30 AM
Wow - that's funny. I haven't even looked at the Majics record - had no idea they were close to .500.

bullocks
12-23-2012, 04:42 AM
Lakers will be a top 4-5 team in the West. Will be scary in the playoffs.

shep33
12-23-2012, 04:44 AM
Gotta say, I think Orlando's plan is backfiring a bit here. They're actually pretty decent, and I don't think this is what Hennigan had in mind. Heck I think all of us considered them to be among the worst teams in the NBA.

Still early though, records can change quickly. I think every team will be fine.

Gideon
12-23-2012, 04:57 AM
I doubt many people thought Nikola Vucevic would be averaging a near double double in his second year in the league. By the way that's the Center the Magic got back in the deal for Howard. The Magic got a little more than they even bargained for.

Cano-Montero...
12-23-2012, 05:27 AM

**** up for what? last time i check kobe and gasol's contract has 2 more years left including this season.. Nash 3 yrs... 1 year of rebuilding if indeed howards left would not be a problem...

lets say worst case scenario..

Howard leaves next offseason
we cant sign anybody coz were above the cap..
were stuck with pau,kobe nash and etc.
we suck and get eliminated again

after that season all contracts expire and were left with a 40 yr old nash who we might also retire due to injuries..

nobody on the books, we save our 2014 first rounder..not that **** up eh?

AntiG
12-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Lakers, whenever they get their **** together, they'll be scary.

2-ONE-5
12-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Sixers would be over 500 if Holiday didnt go down for a few games. Regardless of Bynum playing or now (which he prob will towards seasons end) we will have a lot of flexibility to work with the next few years

Alayla
12-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Jrue Holiday and by extension the sixers win this deal regardless of what happens with bynum.

RLundi
12-23-2012, 01:05 PM
The team with the most upside.

Lmbo the team with the most upside?? Lakers are in win-now mode; upside doesn't apply to them whatsoever.

RLundi
12-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Gotta say, I think Orlando's plan is backfiring a bit here. They're actually pretty decent, and I don't think this is what Hennigan had in mind. Heck I think all of us considered them to be among the worst teams in the NBA.

Still early though, records can change quickly. I think every team will be fine.

Nah, don't let the soft schedule fool you. Orlando has had the third easiest strength of schedule so far. After we get to the new year, it gets more brutal. Not to mention Big Baby is out for a month. This team will come back to earth. They may not be as bad as projected, but I think they'll still have a top 8 pick and who knows which way the balls will bounce?

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-23-2012, 01:21 PM
laker fans all voted lakers.

rational fans all voted bynums hair.

mightybosstone
12-23-2012, 01:29 PM
It's easily the Lakers, regardless of what their current record is. They got the best player in the deal, Bynum has been hurt and the Magic should have gotten far more than they ended up with in the trade. Just because Orlando and Philly have posted similar records in no way means LA didn't still win that trade.

chinakobefan
12-23-2012, 01:49 PM
You can't go by the lakers record at the moment. They had a significant injury to their starting and back up point guards; their starting center is recovering from major back surgery; their starting power forward was playing with a terrible case of tendinitis in his knees; they've had three different coaches. There is not one team in the entire history of the NBA that would be playing well under those circumstances.

Now that Nash is back, they will be going on 10, 8, 6 game winning streaks, don't worry. Can we guarantee that they will win a championship? No, but you can't guarantee that about any team at the moment.

Vinny642
12-23-2012, 02:42 PM

Lmao.... not sure if even remotely serious

Vinny642
12-23-2012, 02:43 PM
You can't go by the lakers record at the moment. They had a significant injury to their starting and back up point guards; their starting center is recovering from major back surgery; their starting power forward was playing with a terrible case of tendinitis in his knees; they've had three different coaches. There is not one team in the entire history of the NBA that would be playing well under those circumstances.

Now that Nash is back, they will be going on 10, 8, 6 game winning streaks, don't worry. Can we guarantee that they will win a championship? No, but you can't guarantee that about any team at the moment.

Lmao!

5ass
12-23-2012, 07:05 PM
Bynum's pubic hair.

shep33
12-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Nah, don't let the soft schedule fool you. Orlando has had the third easiest strength of schedule so far. After we get to the new year, it gets more brutal. Not to mention Big Baby is out for a month. This team will come back to earth. They may not be as bad as projected, but I think they'll still have a top 8 pick and who knows which way the balls will bounce?

I haven't paid too much attention to your guy's sched. Your headed in the right direction. Even if you start to pile up losses, you'll get a great pick to add to the young talent on the roster. Hedo's contract is almost up and you guys have a lot of picks from the Howard deal.

jerellh528
12-23-2012, 08:03 PM
LOL @ bynums hair dominating the poll. Bynum is the best.