PDA

View Full Version : What if Tyson Chandler had been traded to the Thunder?

Quinnsanity
12-23-2012, 01:24 AM
In 2009 the Thunder and Hornets agreed to a trade that would send Tyson Chandler to OKC for Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith (aka, nothing), but the trade was shot down because Chandler failed a physical. Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka were already on the team. Had Chandler added anywhere between 2-6 wins, the Thunder's draft position would have actually improved to 2nd (because of how the lottery went). Either way, let's say they end up with Harden because they would have picked between 2-5 and Harden was lower on most boards than Evans and Rubio. That means:

A. At least one year of Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Chandler, Ibaka and Jeff Green.

B. At least two years of Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Chandler and Ibaka.

C. In all likelihood, a core of either Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and Chandler or Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Chandler locked up for the long term.

How does this change history?

Mr_Amaziing
12-23-2012, 01:31 AM
They would probably poop on a lot of teams :D

Ibaka & Chandler in the post would be very scary tho

KniCks4LiFe
12-23-2012, 01:35 AM
they would have been the NBA champions.

tripleplay2007
12-23-2012, 01:38 AM
I think it would be an amazing group, I can't even fathom how good this team would be all around. Presti had an amazing plan in place.

In all honesty Jeff Green would possibly be dead at this point just because he would have never been able to take and fail the physical for the Boston Celtics because OKC would have no need for KP.

Crazy.

yanksrock
12-23-2012, 01:41 AM
Good point.

Mr_Amaziing
12-23-2012, 01:42 AM
In all honesty Jeff Green would possibly be dead at this point just because he would have never been able to take and fail the physical for the Boston Celtics because OKC would have no need for KP.

Crazy.

That's **** is bogus

tripleplay2007
12-23-2012, 01:50 AM
That's **** is bogus

What's bogus? Do they take physicals each year even if they aren't traded or going through a contract signing? Or you think the Thunder would have still moved him?

LAKobeBryant
12-23-2012, 02:12 AM
shut the what if up

AntiG
12-23-2012, 02:15 AM
I think it would be an amazing group, I can't even fathom how good this team would be all around. Presti had an amazing plan in place.

Crazy.

yeah that's true. the Thunder's docs missed the heart condition... Celtics' docs caught it. No trade = no catch = Reggie Lewis redux :(

Bruno
12-23-2012, 02:35 AM
thank god this didn't happen :laugh2:

call me crazy but they very well could have won it all last year. hell, in 2011 too. No Chandler, no ring for Dallas. Durant could have been gearing up for a three-peat.

NoahH
12-23-2012, 02:36 AM
i think it would be an amazing group, i can't even fathom how good this team would be all around. Presti had an amazing plan in place.

in all honesty jeff green would possibly be dead at this point just because he would have never been able to take and fail the physical for the boston celtics because okc would have no need for kp.

crazy.

lol

Lakers + Giants
12-23-2012, 02:40 AM
Durant would have 2 rings right now. Scary *** team.

Fireworld
12-23-2012, 02:46 AM
what if....

Chronz
12-23-2012, 02:55 AM

call me crazy but they very well could have won it all last year. hell, in 2011 too. No Chandler, no ring for Dallas. Durant could have been gearing up for a three-peat.
Could you imagine that universe?

Bruno
12-23-2012, 02:57 AM
Could you imagine that universe?

the Durant GOAT talk would be so out of control, I think I'd even start to dislike him :laugh2:

imagine if he already had two rings and two finals MVPs at his age. the media would wet themselves and the good people of seattle would be crying bloody murder (even more than they do now).

Cal827
12-23-2012, 02:58 AM
That team would be torture. Durant would have an MVP as his defensive flaws would be easily covered by Chandler/Ibaka inside.

Westbrook
Harden
Durant/Green
Ibaka/Green
Chandler

Of course the Jeff Green situation is a question mark, but he likely could be competing for sixth man of the year awards.

But even so, that's a deadly starting 5, then add Thabo, Maynor and some others

Dynasty. They would literally have top 10 guys at each position (except possibly PF)

AnthonyTyrael
12-23-2012, 03:14 AM
No one can tell but it'd have been some nice matchups and games to watch throughout that stretch in whatever constellation they'd have such a team together.

naps
12-23-2012, 03:45 AM
Scary!!

But, IIRC, we all thought Perkins was the missing piece as well. If Perkins was still in Boston and if we were discussing this same thread replacing Chandler with Perkins we would think that team would destroy everyone as well. Anyways, it's fun to discuss the speculations.

JasonJohnHorn
12-23-2012, 11:42 AM
I think they would have been able to win the last two championships at least. And they still would have had Green as a trade piece or back-up.

D-Leethal
12-23-2012, 12:02 PM
He is exactly what Perkins got exposed for NOT being last post season. Perkins was way too slow laterally to cover the ground needed to defend a team like Miami and even the Spurs and their pick and rolls/ball movement. IIRC, he was benched many 4th quarters late in the post season including the Spurs and Miami series. Chandler would fit better with that frontline and the vertical length at the rim between he and Ibaka would be unbelievable. Picture perfect C for that squad.

hugepatsfan
12-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Westbrook
Sefolosha
Durant
Ibaka
Chandler

Maynor
Harden
Green
Collison

Holy ****.

DoMeFavors
12-23-2012, 02:27 PM

No it goes No Dirk no ring for Dallas, No Terry no ring for Dallas no JJ Barera no ring for Dallas, not Shawn Marion no ring for Dallas all played more of a key role in the championship than Chandler.

Vinny642
12-23-2012, 02:49 PM
If we got Wilcox we'd win, dude is a baller

mdm692
12-23-2012, 02:53 PM

Crazy.

He would of probably still been traded to another team where another med team would of caught it.

sep11ie
12-23-2012, 03:08 PM
What if I my crap turned purple and smelled like rainbow sherbert?

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE, LEARN TO MAKE THREADS!

GiantsSwaGG
12-23-2012, 03:12 PM
They swept the Heat easily

IversonIsKrazy
12-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Jeff Green would've prlly still been on the team (Perkins trade) and would've been legit possibly; not injured. They would've been one really really good team.

Vinny642
12-23-2012, 07:34 PM

It is the NBA forum lol, dont expect much here

Corey
12-23-2012, 07:54 PM

Yet you still post in the thread.

EastonRuthledge
12-23-2012, 07:55 PM
multiple championships

STAT1
12-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Whoa. Don't forget Newark Memorial High School's hero DeVon Hardin was being traded from the Thunder.

Bruno
12-23-2012, 09:20 PM
No it goes No Dirk no ring for Dallas, No Terry no ring for Dallas no JJ Barera no ring for Dallas, not Shawn Marion no ring for Dallas all played more of a key role in the championship than Chandler.

don't be ridiculous.

JEDean89
12-23-2012, 11:59 PM
there are 3 major events in his basketball career that has really allowed him to grow into the special player he is.

1: Winning the championship in Dallas in 2011 (wouldn't have happened if he was in OKC)
2: Winning the Fifa Gold in 2011 (don't know if he would have been on the team if he was in OKC)
3: Winning the Gold with the Olympic team in 2012 (don't know if he would have made the team without the accolades that 1 and 2 provide)

He might be the only player in the league to have won 2 golds and a Championship in the last year and a half. That is a lot of success and invaluable experience.

GiantsSwaGG
12-24-2012, 12:09 AM

:facepalm:

Kashmir13579
12-24-2012, 03:53 AM
SMFH

Don't disrespect Joe Smith like that.. :facepalm: