PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash To Return To Lakers Lineup Tonight @ GSW Following Fractured Fibula Injury

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-22-2012, 07:00 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8773307/steve-nash-return-los-angeles-lakers-lineup-vs-golden-state-warriors-source-says

Lakers guard Steve Nash is expected to play Saturday night against the Warriors after missing the team's last 24 games, a league source told ESPN.

Los Angeles said earlier Saturday that Nash would be a game-time decision.

Nash participated in his second consecutive practice Friday without limitations as he continues to recover from a fractured left fibula.

"There's a chance I play (Saturday)," the 17-year veteran said Friday. "But I think Christmas, for sure."

The Lakers host the New York Knicks on Christmas Day.

Nash later clarified that there was only a "low chance" of him playing against the Warriors after missing the Lakers' last 24 games. He was hurt Oct. 31 against Portland.

"This is two days of basketball in seven weeks," Nash said. "It's not a home run that I just go back there in an NBA game."

The two-time MVP said he will make his final determination on whether he will play following Saturday's shootaround at Golden State. He wants to see how his body responds to Friday's practice and consult with the Lakers' doctors and trainers.

The Lakers have won three games in a row but certainly could use Nash. They are just 12-14 overall, 4-8 on the road.

MetroMan
12-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Boner

ChitownSports16
12-22-2012, 07:08 PM
I like the Lakers and all but why does this need its own thread in the nba forum?

Ebbs
12-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Damn I'll be working

RLundi
12-22-2012, 07:17 PM
No more excuses from now on I guess.

SportsFanatic10
12-22-2012, 07:19 PM
good, i've been waiting to see what the full lakers team will look like together. either they'll suck with no excuses left, or start to show promise and mold themselves into a serious contender. obviously it'll take a few weeks/months of them playing together to get an idea where this is headed, but at least now the process truly begins.

Chacarron
12-22-2012, 07:22 PM
If he does play, he should only play about 15 minutes.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-22-2012, 07:29 PM
No more excuses from now on I guess.

Yeah nash should be back killing it after playing 2 times in 8 moths:rolleyes:

RLundi
12-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah nash should be back killing it after playing 2 times in 8 moths:rolleyes:

I really wish I hadn't seen the link between you and D12Fan; now I'm forced to disregard your posts even more than I usually do.

Matter fact, never mind: ignore list :)

mjt20mik
12-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Can't wait for this game. Lets go Warriors

b@llhog24
12-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Lol Steph's gonna go off tonight.

DreamShaker
12-22-2012, 07:42 PM
Lol Steph's gonna go off tonight.

It is weird that Kobe, Nash, and even Pau all played at the same time as his dad.

shep33
12-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Dubs are a great team, the Lakers have played like 5 quarters together as a unit, and that was under the Princeton offense.

This will take a couple weeks to get hammered out

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-22-2012, 07:49 PM
I really wish I hadn't seen the link between you and D12Fan; now I'm forced to disregard your posts even more than I usually do.

Matter fact, never mind: ignore list :)

Your a weirdo, Give up on your conspiracies.

HYFR
12-22-2012, 08:01 PM
D' Antoni gonna play him 40 mins tonight lol

Cracka2HI!
12-22-2012, 08:02 PM
This could be a huge night for the Lakers. If Nash comes in and they blow out the Warriors they could gain a lot of momentum right away. Dubs are tough though and we'll see what Nash has to offer. It is nice to see him back. Despite being a Clippers fan I am interested in seeing what a healthy Lakers team can do.

Cracka2HI!
12-22-2012, 08:07 PM
I like the Lakers and all but why does this need its own thread in the nba forum?This is one thread about the Lakers that is relevant in the NBA forum. Nash is a great player who's barely played this year. The Lakers hope are basically riding on him. Maybe their hopes of re-signing Howard. There are many layers to this story.

Dubs are a great team, the Lakers have played like 5 quarters together as a unit, and that was under the Princeton offense.

This will take a couple weeks to get hammered outThis is the most likely scenario. Nash will probably be brought back slowly and the Lakers will slowly improve if it does work out.

ThunderousDemon
12-22-2012, 08:18 PM
:dance:

BlondeBomber41
12-22-2012, 08:33 PM
My fantasy team is happy to have him back. Drafted him with the first pick in the 3rd round and he has been on my bench the entire season. I'm still in first place so Nash coming back will only help me stay there. Welcome back ya little ****er! I got 300 bucks riding on this league.

dodie53
12-23-2012, 03:45 AM
nice win

shep33
12-23-2012, 04:31 AM
He played really well tonight. Game winner!

KingPosey
12-23-2012, 04:57 AM
I NEVER say **** about this topic, but how does Nash come back, and Kobe shoots 45 times and DH gets 9 attempts. I know he was in foul trouble but that HAS to change. Kobe can get his shots, but DH HAS to be involved in that offense more.

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-23-2012, 05:00 AM
I NEVER say **** about this topic, but how does Nash come back, and Kobe shoots 45 times and DH gets 9 attempts. I know he was in foul trouble but that HAS to change. Kobe can get his shots, but DH HAS to be involved in that offense more.

shot attempts arent a good way of indicating how much a player is involved in the offense

fresh prince
12-23-2012, 06:30 AM

Gotta watch the game not just look at the box score. Dwight was in foul trouble all night and Got state trapped him off pick and rolls with Nash. Kobe did shoot too much though.

amos1er
12-23-2012, 06:48 AM
shot attempts arent a good way of indicating how much a player is involved in the offense

If Kobe had gotten more than ZERO FREE THROW ATTEMPTS a good amount of those field goal attempts would have been waived off. If he had gotten at least 8 FT attempts (probably deserved more) He would have only had 37 shot attempts and like 7 more points most likely. So in fairness, he would have most likely dropped 41 points on 37 attempts and shot 43% from the field.

Funny how Lebron doesn't get a foul called on him for 2 weeks and Kobe can shoot 41 times and not get a single FT attempt. Just goes to prove that there is something fishy going on here. Anyone who is not a Lebronnuthugger can see that.

naps
12-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Game's greatest ballhog in history showed up his nature tonight again, even with Nash back. LMFAO!! I wanna see how long Dwight keeps quiet about that ballhog.

JC_
12-23-2012, 09:25 AM
If Kobe had gotten more than ZERO FREE THROW ATTEMPTS a good amount of those field goal attempts would have been waived off. If he had gotten at least 8 FT attempts (probably deserved more) He would have only had 37 shot attempts and like 7 more points most likely. So in fairness, he would have most likely dropped 41 points on 37 attempts and shot 43% from the field.

Funny how Lebron doesn't get a foul called on him for 2 weeks and Kobe can shoot 41 times and not get a single FT attempt. Just goes to prove that there is something fishy going on here. Anyone who is not a Lebronnuthugger can see that.

The only thing fishy is Kobe jacking up shots over 2-3 defenders while Nash and co are wide open.

Greedy22
12-23-2012, 10:46 AM

The only thing fishy is Kobe jacking up shots over 2-3 defenders while Nash and co are wide open. He's been doing that his whole career. He was attacking the basket and getting hammered last night, missed a lot of short 6-9 foot shots he normally makes

fresh prince
12-23-2012, 03:28 PM
He's been doing that his whole career. He was attacking the basket and getting hammered last night, missed a lot of short 6-9 foot shots he normally makes

LOL that was crazy. I normally can't stand when Kobe whines to the refs but last night was insane.He got annihilated all night and didn't shoot a single free throw? Strange strange white.