PDA

View Full Version : Timberwolves Ceiling

Guppyfighter
12-22-2012, 04:44 AM
As they begin to get healthy they are jumping straight up in the simple rating system.

What's their ceiling?

Aleksandar
12-22-2012, 05:07 AM
First round. I think we definitely reach it this year, barring new injuries. If you look at the standings, only Golden State is performing better than us.

OKC, Clippers, Memphis and Spurs are obviously higher level than the rest of the West. I expect Lakers and Denver to pick it up sooner or later.

Then there is handful of teams battling for remaining two playoff spots

-Golden State currently performing the best, but probably dropping some. Curry is still an injury risk, and who knows if Bogut ever gets back to his old self. Or get back at all.
-Minnesota is doing well so far, Rubio is getting back slowly, Love is slowly regaining his form.
-Utah as solid as always, Houston and Portland doing fine with new young teams.
-Dallas is currently the worst in this group, but Nowitzki is getting back.

Phoenix, Sac and NO don't stand a chance. With Sac and NO being young rebuilding teams, and Phoenix just plan trash.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-22-2012, 05:12 AM
I honestly love that team. Big fan of love and Rubio. Sucks D Williams hasn't shown much of his potential yet. I remember watching him play in high school. He was a stud.He beasted college too. I hope he picks up his game soon.

They are one weapon away from making some noise.

shep33
12-22-2012, 05:18 AM
Healthy, I think they're a playoff team. No doubt.

Long term the only issue I'm wondering about is Pekovic's contract. I think the dude is great, and I hope they keep him. That being said, the dude is going to get paid big time.

Hawkeye15
12-22-2012, 05:24 AM
2nd round max. So many young players...

shep33
12-22-2012, 05:30 AM
Ah we're talking about this year. The west is so damn tough. Teams like OKC, Clips, SA, and Memphis have the chemistry to make deep runs.

They'll be a contender soon enough though. Love is a star and Rubio is going to be a top pg in this league soon

Aleksandar
12-22-2012, 05:44 AM
2nd round max. So many young players...

Dunno man, potential and all, I'm super high on us. But none of our key players was ever in the playoffs. AK is the only true veteran.

I don't think we have any chance of winning a playoff series this year. Memphis did it though.
09/10 Core formed, Hollins takes over, solid season, but no playoffs.
10/11 First round upset(Spurs)

Aleksandar
12-22-2012, 05:49 AM
OKC also lost their first playoffs series

Tony_Starks
12-22-2012, 12:22 PM
1st round knock out at best. They're not winning with the nba version of Hoosiers sorry......

VikesTwinsWolve
12-22-2012, 05:30 PM
We just handled the best team in the NBA.....Knicks are next to go down!

VikesTwinsWolve
12-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Now i'm going to find the stupid Carmelo is the GOAT thread haha.

Hawkeye15
12-22-2012, 05:59 PM
1st round knock out at best. They're not winning with the nba version of Hoosiers sorry......

what? That makes zip sense. I will say, they won't make it out of the 1st round most likely. The first time young players get to the playoffs, its usually a huge wake up call as far as intensity and margin of error go.

Hawkeye15
12-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Dunno man, potential and all, I'm super high on us. But none of our key players was ever in the playoffs. AK is the only true veteran.

I don't think we have any chance of winning a playoff series this year. Memphis did it though.
09/10 Core formed, Hollins takes over, solid season, but no playoffs.
10/11 First round upset(Spurs)

the Spurs are the only matchup that present us with a chance to win. They struggle with strong interiors and athletic ability, as shown in the past 2 playoffs.

DoMeFavors
12-22-2012, 06:07 PM
I went no playoffs, they some how have the best player at his position and they cant win games. They need to START over again. I would trade Love for a lottery pick, Trade Derrick Williams. They have no ceiling and are just a diaster.

Guppyfighter
12-22-2012, 06:09 PM
I went no playoffs, they some how have the best player at his position and they cant win games. They need to START over again. I would trade Love for a lottery pick, Trade Derrick Williams. They have no ceiling and are just a diaster.

I am sure you realized they were machined gunned by injuries, right?

DoMeFavors
12-22-2012, 06:10 PM
I am sure you realized they were machined gunned by injuries, right?

Injuries happened to everyone that is no excuse....they have a good head coach tho

DoMeFavors
12-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Im not high on Kevin Love he has the impact of Monta Ellis and David Lee just better stats

Guppyfighter
12-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Injuries happened to everyone that is no excuse....they have a good head coach tho

Which is why you should let them play together healthy.

Unless you think it is a fair assessment of the team to judge them based on their two best players being out.

Baldyy
12-22-2012, 06:12 PM

I'm just going to assume you're kidding.

Guppyfighter
Im not high on Kevin Love he has the impact of Monta Ellis and David Lee just better stats

Wrong.

DoMeFavors
Which is why you should let them play together healthy.

Unless you think it is a fair assessment of the team to judge them based on their two best players being out.

You are only as good as your worst players

Guppyfighter
12-22-2012, 06:13 PM
You are only as good as your worst players

Basketball teams are not buffalo herds.

topdog
12-22-2012, 06:16 PM

Oh, so then the Nets should blow it up too because they have a worse record than the Wolves ;)

DoMeFavors
12-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Basketball teams are not buffalo herds.

We have different opinions on the team, you hope that they will be better. I have no connection to the Twolves I could careless if they win all im saying is they lack talent, commited management, and are hoping and praying on Kevin Love who is overated and clearly doesnt want to be there. I would dump him as soon as possible before he bolts.

Guppyfighter
12-22-2012, 06:18 PM
We have different opinions on the team, you hope that they will be better. I have no connection to the Twolves I could careless if they win all im saying is they lack talent, commited management, and are hoping and praying on Kevin Love who is overated and clearly doesnt want to be there. I would dump him as soon as possible before he bolts.

How do you explain their simple rating system being so high despite leading the league in injuries, games missed, and percentage of the payroll that has missed games?

Baldyy
12-22-2012, 06:19 PM

You do know that they're 6th in the West right now? And when you say we lack talent are you just looking at the yahoo sports depth charts, or are you actually watching ANY of these games?

VikesTwinsWolve
12-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Who really cares about domefavors opinion? 6284 worthless posts.....He's a hater.

Cracka2HI!
12-22-2012, 06:25 PM
I think their ceiling is 2nd round. I can see them pulling an upset in the 1st Round, but not beating 2 elite teams from the West. I also think my Clippers could be a 1st round victim to 1 of the lower seeds. The TWolves have always played the Clippers tough and scare me.

Aleksandar
12-22-2012, 06:26 PM

The first(bolded) part of your post is somewhat arguable. We're on a good way to finally get to playoffs, but it's still early in the season to be sure, the west is wild this year. So if you believe we won't make it, you have right to an opinion. You can back it up with arguments if you want.

But the rest of the post is nonsense.

Hawkeye15
12-22-2012, 06:34 PM

aren't you the guy complaining that the Nets record is because of Lopez and Wallace missing games......

Hawkeye15
12-22-2012, 06:35 PM

I hate to break it to you, I don't think any team is going to offer you a GM job.

b@llhog24
12-22-2012, 06:37 PM
They're not going that far with the stat padder leading them.

FLWolvesFan
12-22-2012, 06:44 PM
I went with second round, they just don't have the experience to go past that this year. As always, lots of haters in the main forum.

Guppyfighter
12-22-2012, 06:45 PM
I went with second round, they just don't have the experience to go past that this year. As always, lots of haters in the main forum.

Only domefavors is "hating."

Blitzbolt
12-22-2012, 06:46 PM
They're not going that far with the stat padder leading them.

This.

Hawkeye15
12-22-2012, 06:51 PM
This.

you know he was kidding, right? Aren't you the guy who said you don't even really watch them? Not sure what your beef with Love is, but they are a 6 seed despite more injuries to begin a season than any team I can possibly remember.

Guppyfighter
12-22-2012, 06:53 PM
you know he was kidding, right? Aren't you the guy who said you don't even really watch them? Not sure what your beef with Love is, but they are a 6 seed despite more injuries to begin a season than any team I can possibly remember.

09-10 Warriors in case of injuries.

SLY WILLIAMS
12-22-2012, 06:56 PM
Kevin Love is a beast. Pek is giving them good minutes at center. Rubio is not 100% back from a significant injury. Love is not 100% yet either. This teams personal is far from great but Love is so good that they should start thinking playoffs.

2-ONE-5
12-22-2012, 06:58 PM

LOL u are the worst. Minny is better than your Nets. Its clear you dont watch teams outside of BKN

2-ONE-5
12-22-2012, 06:59 PM

yet u continually use injuries to defend D-will....

todu82
12-22-2012, 07:03 PM
1st round loss.

2-ONE-5
12-22-2012, 07:08 PM
anyway tho, ive always liked Minny and Rubio. Been starting to come around on Love the last year or so too. I really liked watching AK and Shved (spelling?) in the olympics, if they can find a solid SG they are gonna be a tough out.

mngopher35
12-22-2012, 07:13 PM
I think we make the playoffs this year, but lose in the first round. It might be possible to make the 2nd round, but I don't think it happens this year.

Tony_Starks
12-22-2012, 07:25 PM
what? That makes zip sense. I will say, they won't make it out of the 1st round most likely. The first time young players get to the playoffs, its usually a huge wake up call as far as intensity and margin of error go.

Well I was (kindof) screwing around but devils advocate young teams can do damage. Look at Memphis and Indy in the past few years.

Rubio to me seems like a gamer who if he makes the playoffs will really do his thing. I won't go so far as to call Love a stat padder but I really don't think his numbers will translate to playoff basketball when everyone is keying in on him.

Entertaining first round, then it's a wrap.

Twins Fanatic
12-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Man I remember when that Loveless team of scrubs walked into Brooklyn and threw up that W.

thechom80
12-22-2012, 08:06 PM

http://images.wikia.com/cso/images/3/3e/Troll_Face.png

Cracka2HI!
12-22-2012, 08:15 PM
I also think the Wolves have long term potential as well. I'm not sure why Love hates the direction so much. All those white guys can ball! Their G rotation is pretty sick. I'm not sure Roy will even break the lineup if he comes back. If Rubio lives up to the hype they have 3 great young pieces in Love, Rubio and Pekovic. If Wes Johnson and Williams didn't bust this would be an elite team already.

Aleksandar
12-23-2012, 12:12 AM
I also think the Wolves have long term potential as well. I'm not sure why Love hates the direction so much. All those white guys can ball! Their G rotation is pretty sick. I'm not sure Roy will even break the lineup if he comes back. If Rubio lives up to the hype they have 3 great young pieces in Love, Rubio and Pekovic. If Wes Johnson and Williams didn't bust this would be an elite team already.

Roy will crack the rotation. But that's because we don't have players to rotate at all LOL

D-Leethal
12-23-2012, 12:24 AM
I think Pekovic is a real nice player but I think they are an athletic C who can run the floor and thrive in pick and rolls with Rubio ala Chandler/DeAndre Jordan, and a SG who can shoot and create offense in the half court in the mold and on the level of an OJ Mayo, sprinkle some veterans on the bench and than they could be a for real contender IMO.

Hawkeye15
12-23-2012, 02:34 AM
Well I was (kindof) screwing around but devils advocate young teams can do damage. Look at Memphis and Indy in the past few years.

Rubio to me seems like a gamer who if he makes the playoffs will really do his thing. I won't go so far as to call Love a stat padder but I really don't think his numbers will translate to playoff basketball when everyone is keying in on him.

Entertaining first round, then it's a wrap.

I really have no idea what Love will do come playoff time, we have yet to see it. But he has a killer instinct our other Kevin did not, so I am expecting big things.

Cracka2HI!
12-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Roy will crack the rotation. But that's because we don't have players to rotate at all LOL

IDK I kinda like a 4 Guard rotation of Ridinour, Shved, Rubio and Barea. They are all really PG's. Roy has PG skills too, but I'm not sure he's better than any of those 4 because of how bad his knees are. I really think Shved has upside. Everyone knows about Rubio. Ridinour and Barea are solid.

c.c.
12-24-2012, 04:39 AM
No playoffs then Love demands a trade to the Houston Rockets for a playoff run and warm weather

VikingsWin2869
12-24-2012, 01:49 PM
lol, keep trying.

MetsJets0809
12-24-2012, 02:14 PM
I like the Twolves. I think they're a year or two and a solid SG away from being a contender

RonE Coleman
12-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Higher ceiling than the Nets.

SINCESTARBURY25
12-24-2012, 02:43 PM
No playoffs then Love demands a trade to the Houston Rockets for a playoff run and warm weather

Id like this he fits in well with J.lin and Harden in my mind.