PDA

View Full Version : Clippers currently have highest championship odds in entire NBA at 31.5 percent



Clippersfan86
12-22-2012, 03:03 AM
:clap::clap: Never thought I'd live to see this day.



Hollinger a known Clipper basher/skeptic has them ranked as the number 1 team in the NBA according to his formulas. Personally after watching all the top teams this year I definitely think the Clippers have a shot. I still can't wrap my mind around how good they can be with a healthy Billups, Grant Hill and even more time to gel by April.

Do you think this team is a serious title contender now?

iFYouSeekAmy
12-22-2012, 03:05 AM
Would you quote the rest of the article? does it say anything about the other teams?

Clippersfan86
12-22-2012, 03:13 AM
Would you quote the rest of the article? does it say anything about the other teams?

Um it's an article based around the Clippers, not general NBA so not sure you'd want to read it (it's very, very long). Basically gobs of evidence for why the Clippers are legit title contenders (top notch road team, top 5 on offense and defense, elite at home, great vs other contenders etc).

Pakman
12-22-2012, 03:15 AM
No
/thread

MintBerryCrunch
12-22-2012, 03:16 AM
Odds.. Lol

rocket
12-22-2012, 03:17 AM
These odd things are so damn stupid. No one can predict what % odds a team has to win the championship. 33% my ***

Raps08-09 Champ
12-22-2012, 03:17 AM
:laugh2:

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-22-2012, 03:17 AM
Yawnnnn.

Clippersfan86
12-22-2012, 03:20 AM
Whether or not you guys believe in odds do you believe in this teams chances? Do you honestly want to say the only team in the NBA with a top 5 offense AND defense as well as THE best point differential shouldn't be considered an undisputed LEGIT contender?

I'm thinking WCF at least.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-22-2012, 03:27 AM
No one is saying they aren't title contenders. Just that this thread is pointless. You can't post insider threads anyways.

I Rock Shaqs
12-22-2012, 03:28 AM
Um it's an article based around the Clippers, not general NBA so not sure you'd want to read it (it's very, very long). Basically gobs of evidence for why the Clippers are legit title contenders (top notch road team, top 5 on offense and defense, elite at home, great vs other contenders etc).

So what your saying is, it has nothing to do with the rest of the NBA? Only the Clippers? Hmmmmm Well then why is it in the main forums.....

Clippersfan86
12-22-2012, 03:30 AM
So what your saying is, it has nothing to do with the rest of the NBA? Only the Clippers? Hmmmmm Well then why is it in the main forums.....

90+ percent of threads in the general are team based. Go look for yourself. Clippers are on their longest win streak in franchise history and are the best team in the NBA at this very moment after being a lottery team two years ago, very discussion worthy.

Guppyfighter
12-22-2012, 03:48 AM
These numbers are stats that rely on sample size. 5000 random seasons after each day to determine this.

Nuggets lost to Portland and their playoff odds increased by 30 percent. It's just a new sample. In this sample, it just happened the Clippers won 31 percent of the finals. That is going to change pretty quick.

Chronz
12-22-2012, 03:59 AM
Hollinger a known Clipper basher/skeptic
no



has them ranked as the number 1 team in the NBA according to his formulas.
is it he or his fornulas?

Chronz
12-22-2012, 04:02 AM
Where is Hollinger even mentioned in that article?

Guppyfighter
12-22-2012, 04:03 AM
no



is it he or his fornulas?

Every fan thinks Hollinger has a long standing bias against their team. It's what dumb/homer fans think.

Clippersfan86
12-22-2012, 04:05 AM
no



is it he or his fornulas?

Pull up any video of him talking about the team or articles and it has a huge negative undertone. This year he actually predicted no improvement for the team. He ranked our offseason something like 7th best when it was clearly top 3. He's constantly made predictions surrounding the team based on the past. He's just a pretty biased and crappy analyst IMO.

Hollinger's formula I suppose since he wouldn't have the balls to profess this in his own words. Similar to Bill Simmons who said this year the Clippers would win 45 AT BEST and took a step back this offseason. I mean these guys are paid to give analysis and are terrible at it.

Greedy22
12-22-2012, 04:10 AM
If the playoffs started today they'd be legit contenders no doubt. Don't see why people are laughing at the article or statement,

Chronz
12-22-2012, 04:18 AM
Pull up any video of him talking about the team or articles and it has a huge negative undertone. This year he actually predicted no improvement for the team. He ranked our offseason something like 7th best when it was clearly top 3. He's constantly made predictions surrounding the team based on the past. He's just a pretty biased and crappy analyst IMO.

Pulled them up, dont see what your talking about.


Hollinger's formula I suppose since he wouldn't have the balls to profess this in his own words. Similar to Bill Simmons who said this year the Clippers would win 45 AT BEST and took a step back this offseason. I mean these guys are paid to give analysis and are terrible at it.
Which formula is his? I dont see anything with Hollingers name on it. But assuming Im missing something, him doubting the Clippers doesn't make him a hater and if you want to prove him being biased you better come up with something other than he bases his analysis on prior events or even a single team type of look, considering Hollinger consistently beats Vegas in several of these projections, I have a hard time buying what your selling.

Chronz
12-22-2012, 04:19 AM
Every fan thinks Hollinger has a long standing bias against their team. It's what dumb/homer fans think.

Agreed. Anyone who thinks hes biased from a team perspective has very little understanding of his way of thinking.

TylerSL
12-22-2012, 04:41 AM
This means the Clippers must win!!!!

Public Enemy #1
12-22-2012, 04:43 AM
Parody doesn't exist in the NBA anymore... It's nice to have optimism but unless the Heat/Thunder have some serious injury; it will be a rematch in the Finals.

Clippers overachieving in December doesn't make them a title contender and if you look at that win streak; they've beaten up some pretty mediocre/bad teams. Give credit where it's due and no knock on them for beating teams their supposed to beat but that doesn't make them the best team.

The reigning Western conference champs...it's there's to lose. I would put the Spurs second and the Grizzlies/Clippers a distant third.

Guppyfighter
12-22-2012, 04:46 AM
Parody doesn't exist in the NBA anymore... It's nice to have optimism but unless the Heat/Thunder have some serious injury; it will be a rematch in the Finals.

Clippers overachieving in December doesn't make them a title contender and if you look at that win streak; they've beaten up some pretty mediocre/bad teams. Give credit where it's due and no knock on them for beating teams their supposed to beat but that doesn't make them the best team.

The reigning Western conference champs...it's there's to lose. I would put the Spurs second and the Grizzlies/Clippers a distant third.

Parity is actually pretty okay in basketball. It's not the best, but there is a enough random variation to make it interesting.

Based on the simple rating system, the best team only wins the finals about 53.3 percent of the time. Highest of the big four, but still pretty low.

Mr_Amaziing
12-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Its only their opinion. Doesn't really mean anything

effen5
12-22-2012, 10:59 AM
If vinny is your coach no chance in a title

TheMoneyTeam
12-22-2012, 11:17 AM
This is why Vegas doesn't have a basketball team.

TheMoneyTeam
12-22-2012, 11:17 AM
If vinny is your coach no chance in a title

Correct.

scaramantula
12-22-2012, 11:52 AM
31.5 percent? this just goes to show you how little these people know about odds making... and basketball

scaramantula
12-22-2012, 11:54 AM
If the playoffs started today they'd be legit contenders no doubt. Don't see why people are laughing at the article or statement,

because of the 31.5 percent, thats beyond contenders thats pretty much a guarentee

scaramantula
12-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Pull up any video of him talking about the team or articles and it has a huge negative undertone. This year he actually predicted no improvement for the team. He ranked our offseason something like 7th best when it was clearly top 3. He's constantly made predictions surrounding the team based on the past. He's just a pretty biased and crappy analyst IMO.

Hollinger's formula I suppose since he wouldn't have the balls to profess this in his own words. Similar to Bill Simmons who said this year the Clippers would win 45 AT BEST and took a step back this offseason. I mean these guys are paid to give analysis and are terrible at it.

awwww he said you only had the 7th best offseason?:cry:

cry more please:eyebrow:

Jarvo
12-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Cool story bro

Jarvo
12-22-2012, 11:59 AM
They wont win.

StarvingKnick22
12-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Really? The Clippers?

Skaterdude
12-22-2012, 12:26 PM
If they have a 31.5% chance of winning the championship then they have a 68.5% of not winning the championship.

I like the field with those odds. Give me the 68.5% Bob.

Sactown
12-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Clippers are balling, they're going to be a nightmare for anyone in the playoffs. They have everything you'd want on a team

Fantastic Pg, leadership, franchise PF, defensive anchoring bigs, strong bench and possible 6th man of the year, unselfish play. They're a dominant team and anyone who says different hasn't watched them play basketball

Chronz
12-22-2012, 01:13 PM
31.5 percent? this just goes to show you how little these people know about odds making... and basketball

I cant tell if your saying it should be higher or lower, funny huh