PDA

View Full Version : Do you think CP3 and D12 could sign with Atlanta this offseason???

Ty Fast
12-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Atlanta is a good team this year. They are 3rd in the East this year and if they let Josh Smith walk they will have enough cap space for 2 max contacts. Dwight is from Atlanta and the East is much easier than the West. What do you think?

spreadeagle
12-21-2012, 06:59 PM
They are good because of Smith....

Kenny
12-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Atlanta is a good team this year. They are 3rd in the East this year and if they let Josh Smith walk they will have enough cap space for 2 max contacts. Dwight is from Atlanta and the East is much easier than the West. What do you think?

I think both are going to stay where they are. I thought Chris Paul had a good chance of leaving but not with how well the Clippers are playing. I do think Melo/Chandler/Paul wanting to play together was real but both teams doing well and I don't see that happening.

Dwight very well might want to leave but he isn't going to throw away 30 million dollars and he would look awful leaving a franchise like the Lakers after 1 year. His reputation around league would be shot.

Patrick Ewing33
12-21-2012, 07:00 PM
I hope so, we need more talent in the east.

5ass
12-21-2012, 07:11 PM
no way

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Could they? sure. WIll they? no.

Cracka2HI!
12-21-2012, 07:16 PM
It isn't possible for Chris Paul to go to another team and improve his situation. Even if he joins Howard. Hell DeAndre Jordan's play isn't much below Howard's right now. I think Howard is still hurt/out of shape. Howard may leave, if Nash coming back doesn't turn the Lakers into a Championship contender. CP3/Howard/Smoove could be a better neculeus than CP3/Blake/DJ/Bledsoe, but I don't think it is and even then he's have to start over. His current team has 2 years worth of chemistry and role players. Clippers are built perfectly for CP3, by CP3 himself. He ain't leaving!!

bholly
12-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Tough to see CP3 moving. Dwight is always a chance, though, unless the Lakers seriously turn things around.

Lakers + Giants
12-21-2012, 07:31 PM
CP3 nah, Dwight is a possibility.

Il Mago50
12-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Dwight's going to Atlanta, that's a guarantee. They have Horford to sign and trade for with the Lakers if need be, Josh Smith and him are best friends and it's his hometown.

tripleplay2007
12-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Dwight's going to Atlanta, that's a guarantee. They have Horford to sign and trade for with the Lakers if need be, Josh Smith and him are best friends and it's his hometown.

I could see this too if the Lakers don't win it this year. I think that was Atlanta's idea when they decided to ship Johnson.

How sick would this be:

Jeff Teague
Kyle Korver
Josh Smith
Al Horford
Dwight Howard

I don't see any team in the league being able to drive on these guys.

bholly
12-21-2012, 08:58 PM

I don't think 'guarantee' means what you think it means.

Dade County
12-21-2012, 09:21 PM
No, I see them teaming up on a team in the west... They know the league is rigged, so why would they want to even deal with Lbj & the refs, it wouldn't make any sense.

TylerSL
12-21-2012, 09:26 PM
I believe thats what Atlanta hopes. I doubt it though because the Clippers will be contending this season, my guess is CP3 stays with the Clips. The Lakers should get better, and if/when they do, Dwight would probably stay with the Lakers, right?

ldawg
12-21-2012, 09:26 PM
simple question need simple answer. NO

Avenged
12-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Is it possible financially? If so, I can see 1 of the 2 leaving their teams.... That 1 being Dwight. Chris Paul would have to be a fool to leave all the talent he has on the Clippers.

Theyhateme459
12-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Dwight.... Possibly, CP3 I don't see him following up with Dwight anymore

Raps08-09 Champ
12-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Not both but I can see Howard more than CP3 going since he's from ATL. But I think both will stay in LA.

nickdymez
12-21-2012, 09:42 PM
No, I see them teaming up on a team in the west... They know the league is rigged, so why would they want to even deal with Lbj & the refs, it wouldn't make any sense.

Exactly

shep33
12-21-2012, 09:44 PM
Dwight maybe. Don't get why he'd leave though. After next year it's his franchise. LAL can build any team it wants because they have a no money outside of Nash under contract in 2014.

But honestly, who cares lol? We traded Bynum for him. Glad we didn't invest 80-100 mill in Drew, that would've been a disaster

Tytanium 24
12-21-2012, 09:57 PM
I think both are going to stay where they are. I thought Chris Paul had a good chance of leaving but not with how well the Clippers are playing. I do think Melo/Chandler/Paul wanting to play together was real but both teams doing well and I don't see that happening.

Dwight very well might want to leave but he isn't going to throw away 30 million dollars and he would look awful leaving a franchise like the Lakers after 1 year. His reputation around league would be shot.

Agree 100%

Dade County
12-21-2012, 10:49 PM
Dwight maybe. Don't get why he'd leave though. After next year it's his franchise. LAL can build any team it wants because they have a no money outside of Nash under contract in 2014.

But honestly, who cares lol? We traded Bynum for him. Glad we didn't invest 80-100 mill in Drew, that would've been a disaster

The Lakers front office was never going to stick with Bynum if he would have signed that contract... They would have traded him as soon as they could have; thats why Bynum turned the contract down.

Lakers always had their eyes on Howard.

Cracka2HI!
12-22-2012, 07:20 AM
There are a lot of things going against the Lakers re-signing Howard. Their best players besides him probably average 35. They don't have much on the bench and have no trade pieces. The Hawks make a lot of sense for him.

amos1er
12-22-2012, 07:51 AM
hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

amos1er
12-22-2012, 07:53 AM
Not a chance...

How many time in NBA history other than the forming of the big three has a player turned down a max deal. CP3 is doing fine as a Clipper and D12 has yet to see what having Kobe as a running man has to offer.

Dade County
12-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Not a chance...

How many time in NBA history other than the forming of the big three has a player turned down a max deal. CP3 is doing fine as a Clipper and D12 has yet to see what having Kobe as a running man has to offer.

a very old running mate... that isn't going to last too long.

I think Cp3 and Howard join forces on a team in the west and take down OKC for years to come. This forces KD to join the HEAT in a couple of years :D

NBA = Entertainment

StarvingKnick22
12-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Chris Paul is stabilized in L.A. As much as I hate that fact (Seriously hate it), Chris Paul is stabilized in L.A. I could see Dwight making his way back.

K0BE8124
12-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Idk where ppl are getting the idea that CP3 might leave or Howard ...both are staying with the current teams, stop dreaming people they ain't goin anywhere
I also think love is staying in Minnesota and Rubio ... it's like the OkC thing they wanna build and it's working... Smith is a small chance to medium he might leave

Everymanalion
12-22-2012, 05:28 PM
I think goofy *** Dwight loves LA too much and the attention, even the negative when he they are losing. CP3? He has a very good young core if they re-sign some key parts for next season, I think he stays as well.

RLundi
12-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Not a chance...

Um it's happened before. It sounds like you're trying to convince yourself that Dwight Howard won't bolt, even though it seems like a toss-up at this point.

CP3 would be an idiot to leave such a great situation.

Side note: Remember when everyone was trashing Vinny Del Negro, including myself?

King41
12-22-2012, 07:40 PM
mark my words
they will team up in dallas
and after dirks contract goes off the books we will resign him for less and build an contender.
league is rigged can see okc dallas matchups for west title and then nba finals vs heat/knicks

Dodgers99
12-22-2012, 07:58 PM
mark my words
and after dirks contract goes off the books we will resign him for less and build an contender.
league is rigged can see okc dallas matchups for west title and then nba finals vs heat/knicks

If that is your argument, do you really think the league would want OKC and Dallas? No, the team opposite OKC would almost certainly be from LA.

Personally, I think both stay put. Even as a Clippers fan, I still believe the Lakers will get it figured out and win 45-50 games, finishing about 5th in the west.

Cracka2HI!
12-22-2012, 10:57 PM
mark my words

As good as that Dallas situation sounds it's a short term solution for CP3. What he has with the Clippers is a better team than CP3/Dirk and Howard too. Once again I'll bring up the point that he has 2 years of chemistry and role players and would be starting over again.

--23--
12-22-2012, 11:27 PM
.....no

NoahH
12-23-2012, 03:07 AM
Clippers are hot and look like a legit contender so why would CP3 abandon ship?

King41
12-23-2012, 06:42 AM
Clippers are hot and look like a legit contender so why would CP3 abandon ship?

yeah right ! i'm with you But everyone is thinking this way so don't be suprised

naps
12-23-2012, 07:27 AM
I don't see CP3 leaving. Clippers have a young core there and they are getting better chemistry-wise every month. However, I can definitely see Howard leaving unless Lakers win it all. The way Kobe's been hogging the ball, Howard basically waits for putbacks and open dunks. I wouldn't want to waste my prime playing alongside a selfish prick if I was the best center in the league. So my guess is he's on his way out unless Lakers win it all or Kobe retires next year. Not to mention he's forced to go there.