PDA

View Full Version : Hell, WILL the Nets even make the playoffs?

elledaddy
12-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Coming into this season, it was a given that the Nets would make the playoffs. People( including myself) had the Nets anywhere from the 6th seed all the way up to the 2nd seed. But after watching them for a quarter of the season, I see them as just an average team. They will win most of their games vs under 500 teams and lose most of their games vs above 500 teams.

Currently, they have 3 wins vs above 500 teams( Lac,Bos,Nyk) out of their 25games. Overall they are 4-10 vs such teams. I think that trend will continue. I just dont see how they are going to get better. They are not learning a new offense. It's mostly still the same " core" players with the addition of JJ. And they are healthier (in turns of players available to them,) then most teams in the East. Here is the top 10 seeds in the East. I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if Boston and Philly finished ahead of the Nets

1 New York 19 6 - currently 1st place, prolly finish 2nd. Still waiting on Shump, Camby and Amare
2 Miami 17 6 - Just coasting, should finish ahead of NYK with a much easier Division
3 Atlanta 15 8 - A surprise to some. They are playing good D and replaced JJ's output with Lou Will and a few others
4 Chicago 14 10 - Playing their usual strong D and holding it down until D Rose come back
5 Milwaukee 13 11 - Scrappy group who can beat the best and lose to the worst on back to back nights
6 Indiana 14 12 - Good squad that learned to win last year. Starting to find their groove and will only get better with Granger returning
7 Brooklyn 13 12 - N/A
8 Boston 13 12 - Knows how to pace in the regular season. Not as good as season's past but still has a very very good coach
9 Orlando 12 13 - Started off strong but then faded. Actually playing well now but took a hit with Big Baby getting hurt. I expect them to fade again
10 Philadelphia 12 14 - Think when it's all said and done, they catch and past the Nets. They should stay close to or a little bit above 500 and hopefuuly they get Bynum at some point.

I think by season's end, the Nets will be battling it out with the Bucks for the final spot.

How high do you feel the Nets will finish?

PS..... This aint a diss thread, just a real thread

JasonJohnHorn
12-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Still very much a playoff team, and still very much trying to develop chemistry, while other teams, like the Magic, won't maintian their current winning percentage.

xxplayerxx23
12-21-2012, 02:36 PM
:laugh: no not a diss thread at all. Orlando will fall Philly will prob make it. Nets will be at least the 7 seed prob the 6

greg_ory_2005
12-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Of course.

sep11ie
12-21-2012, 02:41 PM
lololololololololololololol

heyman321
12-21-2012, 02:42 PM
No Raptors are making the playoffs.

WAYNEBO
12-21-2012, 02:43 PM
They make the playoffs without a doubt. At least the 8th seed... Orlando cannot compete with Brooklyn talent.

LongIslandIcedZ
12-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Barring an I jury to Lopez, they'll be in the playoffs

NYJ - NYY
12-21-2012, 02:51 PM
this is not going to end well once dmf and wavey get off eachother

RLundi
12-21-2012, 02:51 PM
They will probably be top 6 but definitely in the postseason.

kobe4thewinbang
12-21-2012, 03:03 PM
If they don't, their rich owner will be pissed.

WickedBadMan
12-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Dumb question.

DoMeFavors
12-21-2012, 03:22 PM
I am thinking about making a thread Hell, WILL the Nets even lose a playoff series? Orlando is a team full of bums that I dont think won 11 out of 15 games like the nets and have no chance to this year.

D-Leethal
12-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Who knows. DWill is bound to injure his wrist at some point and Brook has at least 2-3 more foot flare ups left in him.

D-Leethal
12-21-2012, 03:23 PM
I am thinking about making a thread Hell, WILL the Nets even lose a playoff series? Orlando is a team full of bums that I dont think won 11 out of 15 games like the nets and have no chance to this year.

You pretty much beat the same teams Jeremy Lin beat with Jeffries and Fields starting last season to get to 11-4. I remember the combined records of your opponents at that point was way below .500.

Sactown
12-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Such a trolling thread hahaha

elledaddy
12-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Dumb question.

Why is it a dumb question? Does this current team have a history of making it to the playoffs? They are 1 game from being in 9th place. So I ask you again, what have they showed you to make you believe that it is " DUMB" to ask if they will make the playoffs?

RonE Coleman
12-21-2012, 03:26 PM
5-8 seed come seasons end. First round exit

juster1028
12-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Even with Joe Johnson the key to victory they will not make the playoffs :[ if deron steps it up a bit then maybe 8th seed then tooted out of the first round with the broom

Sactown
12-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Why is it a dumb question? Does this current team have a history of making it to the playoffs? They are 1 game from being in 9th place. So I ask you again, what have they showed you to make you believe that it is " DUMB" to ask if they will make the playoffs?

They're on their 1st season together lol??

shep33
12-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Yes they will. I really want a Knicks vs. Nets series!

Hawkeye15
12-21-2012, 03:30 PM
teams that brought in so many new players often take some time to build chemistry. I am not that impressed by what I see yet, their guards seem ball dominant, which doesn't exactly make the big men work their tails off. But I think they will get to the point where they are beating teams they should, if injuries don't kill them. I had them around 45 wins to begin the season, I still have them around that. In the east, that is enough to fight for spots 5-8.

Lakers + Giants
12-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Props. You got under DMFs skin, i read her post. :laugh2:

elledaddy
12-21-2012, 03:32 PM
They're on their 1st season together lol??

That's my point. Since this is their first year together, you can only judge them on what they have showed you thus far. They don't have the pedigree for someone to say it's "dumb" to ask if they will make the playoffs.

Patman
12-21-2012, 03:32 PM

Agree. I don't think Milwaukee will keep it up and Orlando will not surpass them. Philly even when/if Bynum comes back should be to far behind. Don't see them surpassing NYK, MIA, ATL and either CHI or IND.

I just don't think the Team will go deep with Avery and that Roster.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Coming into this season, it was a given that the Nets would make the playoffs. People( including myself) had the Nets anywhere from the 6th seed all the way up to the 2nd seed. But after watching them for a quarter of the season, I see them as just an average team. They will win most of their games vs under 500 teams and lose most of their games vs above 500 teams.

Currently, they have 3 wins vs above 500 teams( Lac,Bos,Nyk) out of their 25games. Overall they are 4-10 vs such teams. I think that trend will continue. I just dont see how they are going to get better. They are not learning a new offense. It's mostly still the same " core" players with the addition of JJ. And they are healthier (in turns of players available to them,) then most teams in the East. Here is the top 10 seeds in the East. I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if Boston and Philly finished ahead of the Nets

1 New York 19 6 - currently 1st place, prolly finish 2nd. Still waiting on Shump, Camby and Amare
2 Miami 17 6 - Just coasting, should finish ahead of NYK with a much easier Division
3 Atlanta 15 8 - A surprise to some. They are playing good D and replaced JJ's output with Lou Will and a few others
4 Chicago 14 10 - Playing their usual strong D and holding it down until D Rose come back
5 Milwaukee 13 11 - Scrappy group who can beat the best and lose to the worst on back to back nights
6 Indiana 14 12 - Good squad that learned to win last year. Starting to find their groove and will only get better with Granger returning
7 Brooklyn 13 12 - N/A
8 Boston 13 12 - Knows who to pace in the regular season. Not as good as season's past but still has a very very good coach
9 Orlando 12 13 - Started off strong but then faded. Actually playing well now but took a hit with Big Baby getting hurt. I expect them to fade again
10 Philadelphia 12 14 - Think when it's all said and done, they catch and past the Nets. They should stay close to or a little bit above 500 and hopefuuly they get Bynum at some point.

I think by season's end, the Nets will be battling it out with the Bucks for the final spot.

How high do you feel the Nets will finish?

PS..... This aint a diss thread, just a real thread

:facepalm:

D-Leethal
12-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Yes they will. I really want a Knicks vs. Nets series!

8-1
7-2
6-3

are all possibilities.

I think we see:

Heat
Knicks
Bulls
Hawks
Bucks
Nets
Indy
Philly

Sactown
12-21-2012, 03:35 PM
That's my point. Since this is their first year together, you can only judge them on what they have showed you thus far. They don't have the pedigree for someone to say it's "dumb" to ask if they will make the playoffs.

So they're mediocre record is more telling that they should get better throughout the season, not worse. So if they're in playoff position now, it's pretty easy to believe they'll make the playoffs minus major injuries, which of course would derail any team, minus maybe the spurs.

DoMeFavors
12-21-2012, 03:45 PM
You pretty much beat the same teams Jeremy Lin beat with Jeffries and Fields starting last season to get to 11-4. I remember the combined records of your opponents at that point was way below .500.

gotta beat the teams you are supposed to. so if they are against below .500 teams they dont count?

elledaddy
12-21-2012, 03:45 PM
So they're mediocre record is more telling that they should get better throughout the season, not worse. So if they're in playoff position now, it's pretty easy to believe they'll make the playoffs minus major injuries, which of course would derail any team, minus maybe the spurs.

I didn't say the nets would get worst. I basically said that they are mediocre and I don't see how they would improve. I do see how Philly can improve and Boston has the "know how" to make it to the playoffs. I still see the Nets finishing above 500, just think philly and Boston will be better and it will come down to the Bucks and the Nets for the final spot

DoMeFavors
12-21-2012, 03:50 PM

doesnt matter the seed only team that can take nets in the playoffs is the heat...hawks,pacers,knicks,celtics,magioc,bucks dont scare me...none of them can take nets in a 7 game series

RonE Coleman
12-21-2012, 03:52 PM
doesnt matter the seed only team that can take nets in the playoffs is the heat...hawks,pacers,knicks,celtics,magioc,bucks dont scare me...none of them can take nets in a 7 game series

Your right, all those teams would beat New Jersey in less than 7 games.

NYJ - NYY
12-21-2012, 03:54 PM

cmonnnnn mann (keyshawn's voice)

DoMeFavors
Your right, all those teams would beat New Jersey in less than 7 games.

none of them stack up to the nets, I dont even want to here about Pacers, Magic,bucks, Hawks ex those are teams that in my mind are not even worth talking about.

KnickFanSince91
:laugh:

DoMeFavors
12-21-2012, 03:59 PM
When Nets get a top 3 seed, ill look for this thread...and when Nets win the championship, ill look for this thread....

RonE Coleman
12-21-2012, 04:00 PM
When Nets get a top 3 seed, ill look for this thread...and when Nets win the championship, ill look for this thread....

Domeafavor and play in traffic :)

Knick4Knack
12-21-2012, 04:01 PM

LOL....:laugh:

...and pickled hippopotamuses dance on top of rainbows.

Jarvo
12-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Stop trolling lololololol

pebloemer
12-21-2012, 04:04 PM
8-1
7-2
6-3

are all possibilities.

I think we see:

Heat
Knicks
Bulls
Hawks
Bucks
Nets
Indy
Philly

No Boston?

How long are the archives kept?

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2012, 04:04 PM
word.....stop the trolling. :laugh2:

Rockice_8
12-21-2012, 04:10 PM
What not enough Nets threads?

SirSkyHook
12-21-2012, 04:11 PM
I think after New York and Miami any one of those teams can get hot or have a massavive losing streak, so if i had to take a wild guess........I'd say 3rd - 8th and a second round exit

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-21-2012, 04:11 PM
I wonder if PSD is capable of asking an insightful question about the Nets.

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2012, 04:12 PM

When will they fire Avery Johnson?

DoMeFavors
12-21-2012, 04:13 PM
You guys dont get it my team is nothing like yours, if nets are struggling in feb march changes will be made to coaches, players, trades will happed. Because Nets are commited to paying and winning. A lot of you think it will go bad because your teams dont have owners like mine. The Nets are one of the best run teams in sports.

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2012, 04:14 PM

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-21-2012, 04:17 PM
When will they fire Avery Johnson?

When Phil Jackson answers the phone.

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-21-2012, 04:20 PM
You guys dont get it my team is nothing like yours, if nets are struggling in feb march changes will be made to coaches, players, trades will happed. Because Nets are commited to paying and winning. A lot of you think it will go bad because your teams dont have owners like mine. The Nets are one of the best run teams in sports.

You realize Billy King forms the team not Prokhorov right?

Jint.
12-21-2012, 04:21 PM
yes.. 9th seed

DoMeFavors
12-21-2012, 04:21 PM
You realize Billy King forms the team not Prokhorov right?

yeah and Billy knows the expectations, they can easily trade players or waive players to sign players or take on more players in trades. The nets expect big things this season with the new building they know what they have to do...I have so much faith in them.

Enzo
12-21-2012, 04:22 PM

And when the Nets get beat down in the playoffs make sure you look for this thread because knowing you you'll forget you even typed this crap. :rolleyes:

elledaddy
12-21-2012, 04:22 PM

So do you believe that it is a foregone conclusion that the Nets will make the playoffs?

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2012, 04:23 PM
When Phil Jackson answers the phone.

Phil would never coach in Brooklyn. :D

waveycrockett
12-21-2012, 04:25 PM
So do you believe that it is a foregone conclusion that the Nets will make the playoffs?

ummm yes

waveycrockett
12-21-2012, 04:26 PM
And when the Nets get beat down in the playoffs make sure you look for this thread because knowing you you'll forget you even typed this crap. :rolleyes:

Sort of like the Knicks have been the last 2 years? :rolleyes:

Slimsim
12-21-2012, 04:27 PM
The NEts will make the Playoffs and lose to the Boston Celtics in the first round

DoMeFavors
12-21-2012, 04:28 PM

money speaks for itself....Prok has no limits

waveycrockett
12-21-2012, 04:29 PM
The NEts will make the Playoffs and lose to the Boston Celtics in the first round

haha let them beat us in the regular season 1st please

Beltrans Mole
12-21-2012, 04:29 PM
yeah and Billy knows the expectations, they can easily trade players or waive players to sign players or take on more players in trades. The nets expect big things this season with the new building they know what they have to do...I have so much faith in them.

Well that's a mistake...the Nets aren't one of the best teams in the NBA, it's that simple. A new stadium, logo, and uniform isn't going to change the fact that you guys have an overpaid "superstar" in Deron and an overpaid "second star" in Joe Johnson. Neither of these guys is consistent enough to be considered a go-to option in the clutch. And if Lopez can't stay healthy, forget about it.

waveycrockett
12-21-2012, 04:30 PM

$$$ talks but the traingle offense wouldn't be a good fit here imo

njnets
12-21-2012, 04:31 PM
yes they will make the playoffs.

they're chemistry needs to get better if they want to do some damage in the postseason though.

otherwise, at this rate, it looks like one and done for them.

with this talent and a lot of season to go, i dont see them not being in the top 8 at the very least

waveycrockett
12-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Well that's a mistake...the Nets aren't one of the best teams in the NBA, it's that simple. A new stadium, logo, and uniform isn't going to change the fact that you guys have an overpaid "superstar" in Deron and an overpaid "second star" in Joe Johnson. Neither of these guys is consistent enough to be considered a go-to option in the clutch. And if Lopez can't stay healthy, forget about it.

Haha and the Knicks are? You guys crack me up. 2 good months and you guys think you are a dynasty.

Enzo
12-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Sort of like the Knicks have been the last 2 years? :rolleyes:

Hey I'm realistic. I know that the Knicks haven't been a good team, but you and your girlfriend DMF make ridiculous predictions about the Nets.

Your team realistically should expect to make the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed and if you're lucky hopefully make it out of the 1st round. That would be a good start for a newly assembled team. But you have morons like DMF predicting 8 rings in the next 10 years. :laugh:

DoMeFavors
12-21-2012, 04:32 PM

Well its been 20 games and Joe has already hit a game winner. So you are wrong there.

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2012, 04:34 PM
$$$ talks but I the traingle offense wouldn't be a good fit here imo

Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez, Gerald Wallace and Deron Williams. Johnson the 2 guard who passes off into the post or perimeter for Deron's greenlight. Deron is better than anything Fisher or Kerr is. Gerald is like Scottie. They would fit. He's just not coaching there.

I do think Stan Van Gundy and Jerry Sloan are possibilities.

waveycrockett
12-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Hey I'm realistic. I know that the Knicks haven't been a good team, but you and your girlfriend DMF make ridiculous predictions about the Nets.

Your team realistically should expect to make the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed and if you're lucky hopefully make it out of the 1st round. That would be a good start for a newly assembled team. But you have morons like DMF predicting 8 rings in the next 10 years. :laugh:

For a guy who is clearly just here to troll DMF sure has got himself a lot of groupies. And a 7-8th at best? lmfao:laugh:

KnickFanSince91
12-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez, Gerald Wallace and Deron Williams. Johnson the 2 guard who passes off into the post or perimeter for Deron's greenlight. Deron is better than anything Fisher or Kerr is. Gerald is like Scottie. They would fit. He's just not coaching there.

I do think Stan Van Gundy and Jerry Sloan are possibilities.

Nothing in bold is even close to being accurate with regards to The Triangle. Lopez is not the passer than a triangle big man has to be, neither Wallace or Williams are the shooters you need in the backcourt and Joe Johnson isn't nearly as effective on the strong side elbow as he is at the top of the key in an iso.

And no, Wallace is nothing like Scottie. Pippen was an absolute lock down defender, could bring the ball up, play in the post, attack the rim and was a consistent shooter from outside. Wallace is good defender who attacks the rim with reckless abandon but he's nowhere near the same as a Pippen.

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Nothing in bold is even close to being accurate with regards to The Triangle. Lopez is not the passer than a triangle big man has to be, neither Wallace or Williams are the shooters you need in the backcourt and Joe Johnson isn't nearly as effective on the strong side elbow as he is at the top of the key in an iso.

And no, Wallace is nothing like Scottie. Pippen was an absolute lock down defender, could bring the ball up, play in the post, attack the rim and was a consistent shooter from outside. Wallace is good defender who attacks the rim with reckless abandon but he's nowhere near the same as a Pippen.

Andrew Bynum wasn't much a passer either. Joe Johnson is a rythmn shooter.

Wallace is every much the glue guy. You just can't see it w/ Avery's coaching. :laugh2: He's not the guard bringing up the ball that Scottie was. Brook Lopez is a good enough passer. The only real arguement you brought here is Joe Johnson from the elbow, but then again Kobe went through some volume shooting too didn't he?

KnickFanSince91
12-21-2012, 04:50 PM
Andrew Bynum wasn't much a passer either. Joe Johnson is a rythmn shooter.

Wallace is every much the glue guy. You just can't see it w/ Avery's coaching. :laugh2: He's not the guard bringing up the ball that Scottie was. Brook Lopez is a good enough passer. The only real arguement you brought here is Joe Johnson from the elbow, but then again Kobe went through some volume shooting too didn't he?

LOL...what?

I'll just agree to disagree here.

oak2455
12-21-2012, 04:54 PM
No Raptors are making the playoffs.

This is possible

DoMeFavors
12-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Fact is there is 0 chance and I mean not even saying it to say, there is ZERO chance Nets get below a 5th seed.

KnickFanSince91
12-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Fact is there is 0 chance and I mean not even saying it to say, there is ZERO chance Nets get below a 5th seed.

Put your account on it. :cool:

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-21-2012, 05:00 PM

I doubt it as well. We're not championship caliber yet, he doesn't like teams that aren't. Although, he is a NY kinda guy and has roots with the Nets.

Lakers + Giants
12-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Wavey, your trolling sucks. You're not even on DMF level.

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2012, 05:01 PM
LOL...what?

I'll just agree to disagree here.

Bynum couldn't pass out of double teams. fact

Gerald Wallace is the same type of player Scottie was. He's just been on horrible teams and terribly coached. Same thing as MKG is going through.

you said this won't work b/c Joe Johnson isn't nearly effective on the strong side of the elbow. I just did a stat check.

Kobe for his career shot 36% - 43% from that area. While Joe Johnson, who I called average Joe the other week btw shot from 36% - 46%. More importantly last season he shot his career high 46% from the elbow. He's shooting 42% from that spot this season while Kobe is shooting 42% how is Joe Johnson not the same player in that system?

This is mute b/c Phil would never coach in Brooklyn. And if the arguement is Brook which would be the only one you'd have, Phil coached Luc Longley who was a career 7/4/1 guy and I'm sure Evans would be his Rodman type.

KnickFanSince91
12-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Bynum couldn't pass out of double teams. fact

Gerald Wallace is the same type of player Scottie was. He's just been on horrible teams and terribly coached. Same thing as MKG is going through.

you said this won't work b/c Joe Johnson isn't nearly effective on the strong side of the elbow. I just did a stat check.

Kobe for his career shot 36% - 43% from that area. While Joe Johnson, who I called average Joe the other week btw shot from 36% - 46%. More importantly last season he shot his career high 46% from the elbow. He's shooting 42% from that spot this season while Kobe is shooting 42% how is Joe Johnson not the same player in that system?

This is mute b/c Phil would never coach in Brooklyn. And if the arguement is Brook which would be the only one you'd have, Phil coached Luc Longley who was a career 7/4/1 guy and I'm sure Evans would be his Rodman type.

Like I said, we'll agree to disagree. It's not a numbers thing. The way the triangle works and the way these players on the nets play won't fit.

And no, Crash is NOTHING like Pippen. Don't make me defend scottie because I hated that bastard.

seikou8
12-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Haha and the Knicks are? You guys crack me up. 2 good months and you guys think you are a dynasty.

but who was talking crap the whole summer and if nets were 19-6 you would singing different tune and no said we are dynasty just tried of haters, people in the media dogging our team.

DoMeFavors
12-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Like I said, we'll agree to disagree. It's not a numbers thing. The way the triangle works and the way these players on the nets play won't fit.

And no, Crash is NOTHING like Pippen. Don't make me defend scottie because I hated that bastard.

Kwame Brown, Luke Walton and Smush Parker played in it....

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2012, 05:11 PM

No one hated Scottie Pippen more than me! I hated that skinny nose bastard more than Reggie! Crash, is an effort player/glue player, he's never played w/ an MJ, he's never played w/ a Kobe, Joe Johnson is the closest thing to Kobe he will ever play with. He passes, he blocks, he rebounds, he defends, he can dribble and drive, and shoots just as good.

2-ONE-5
12-21-2012, 05:15 PM

your gonna awfully dissapointed. You got some stones to make prediction like that whille stting at 13-12

Stinkyoutsider
12-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Nets will make the playoffs. Although most of the starters are back from last season and Joe Johnson is the only new guy in the starting lineup, their bench is new (most of them) so team chemistry suffers. Everyone has to figure out their new roles and responsibilities.

Williams isn't playing nearly as well as I thought but maybe he's still playing hurt. But, I think as long as they have Lopez in there, they'll make the playoffs. It's easier to run an offense when you have a guy in the post like Lopez who can beat and score against his man and draw doubles...

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2012, 05:20 PM
they should be better than this. B/c Andray Blatche is playing like an allstar. The main purpose of this thread shouldn't be if they make it, but why are they struggling. And all I can say is Avery Johnson needs to be held accountable. I don't know how homie isn't being finger pointed.

waveycrockett
12-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Wavey, your trolling sucks. You're not even on DMF level.

True. I'm not even on your level

waveycrockett
12-21-2012, 05:25 PM
your gonna awfully dissapointed. You got some stones to make prediction like that whille stting at 13-12

We are 13-12 with our most talented player playing like absolute crap. Things can only get better

KnickaBocka.44
12-21-2012, 05:35 PM
4-10 against teams over .500 and a soft schedule to start, something tells me they have their work cut out for them.

NJ Raven
12-21-2012, 05:38 PM
6 or 7 seed with a first round exit. Woo!

Lakers + Giants
12-21-2012, 05:40 PM
True. I'm not even on your level

:clap:

Daaaarryyl
12-21-2012, 05:45 PM
I doubt it as well. We're not championship caliber yet, he doesn't like teams that aren't. Although, he is a NY kinda guy and has roots with the Nets.

What do you think about Stan Van Gundy as a possibility?

NYYCowboys
12-21-2012, 05:48 PM
We are 13-12 with our most talented player playing like absolute crap. Things can only get better

The fact that your best player is shooting like "absolute crap" shouldn't be used as a positive sign. I would be genuinely worried.

smith&wesson
12-21-2012, 05:51 PM
the east isnt very strong.. the nets have time to figure things out.

Hawkeye15
jesus, why do NY fans bicker back and forth so much?

Like I said a number of pages ago, its early. A team with this much turnover will take a bit. I don't like the offense right now, too ball dominant outside, but its still plenty early, and the offense is producing. I predicted 45 wins for the Nets, I am sticking to around that number. That is enough out east to get in at the 5-8 spot, no problem. Do I think they will do much in the postseason? Not unless they find some way to get consistent stops.

Why are people so quick to make snap judgements on inexperienced teams so early?

Lakers + Giants
The fact that your best player is shooting like "absolute crap" shouldn't be used as a positive sign. I would be genuinely worried.

It's been like that for 2 years now.

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-21-2012, 05:58 PM
What do you think about Stan Van Gundy as a possibility?

I like him but dont feel as though he'd be a much of an upgrade over Avery. He certainly wouldnt make the bone headed moves Avery has made this year, but at the same time I dont see him taking this team to another level.

Just my opinion though.

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2012, 06:00 PM

Like I said a number of pages ago, its early. A team with this much turnover will take a bit. I don't like the offense right now, too ball dominant outside, but its still plenty early, and the offense is producing. I predicted 45 wins for the Nets, I am sticking to around that number. That is enough out east to get in at the 5-8 spot, no problem. Do I think they will do much in the postseason? Not unless they find some way to get consistent stops.

Why are people so quick to make snap judgements on inexperienced teams so early?

In NY sports we have what's called a supriority complex. We need to know we are that much better. And if we're not we will argue till we're seen equal. It's why Jets fans are delusional, it's why Yankees fans feel entitled, it's why Nets fans now are forming, it's why Knicks fans have a chip on their shoulder, and it's why Giants fans are mellow.

Hawkeye15
12-21-2012, 06:02 PM
In NY sports we have what's called a supriority complex. We need to know we are that much better. And if we're not we will argue till we're seen equal. It's why Jets fans are delusional, it's why Yankees fans feel entitled, it's why Nets fans now are forming, it's why Knicks fans have a chip on their shoulder, and it's why Giants fans are mellow.

haha, I said basically that a few weeks ago and a NY guy jumped my *** and reported me. I know all of this, I just don't get it. Trust me, I see the constant, "I need validation that my team/player is good" threads all the time here. They just turn into the same pointless argument. Doesn't make sense to me.

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2012, 06:08 PM
haha, I said basically that a few weeks ago and a NY guy jumped my *** and reported me. I know all of this, I just don't get it. Trust me, I see the constant, "I need validation that my team/player is good" threads all the time here. They just turn into the same pointless argument. Doesn't make sense to me.

what a coward. It's true. NY Sports always need validation, it's why sports radio is so big, it's why not many players come here, it's why pressure exists here. Every NY fanbase, every single one needs validation. A Knicks fans needs it, it why Barkley gets on our nerves. It's why Stephen A. Smith is seen as a joke analyst, it's why the back pages and headlines are popular. This is what happens in NY, anyone who saids it isn't is lying to theirselves. :laugh2:

DoMeFavors
12-21-2012, 06:23 PM
what a coward. It's true. NY Sports always need validation, it's why sports radio is so big, it's why not many players come here, it's why pressure exists here. Every NY fanbase, every single one needs validation. A Knicks fans needs it, it why Barkley gets on our nerves. It's why Stephen A. Smith is seen as a joke analyst, it's why the back pages and headlines are popular. This is what happens in NY, anyone who saids it isn't is lying to theirselves. :laugh2:

Not many players come here? maybe because of the amount roster spots. Every team seems to fill out their roster fine.

Bubba313
12-21-2012, 06:40 PM

We have a superiority complex? A complex? What are you a psychologist?

I'm sorry we want to better than the other team in town. If a Nets fan didn't constantly say that their better than the Knicks, I wouldn't even consider them a real fan. What's the point of sports if there's no rivalries, or constant comparisons. If people didn't care who was better why would they even play?

So you can stick to your objectivity. I'm sure you feel good going to bed knowing you're a level headed sports enthusiast. You want to criticize NYers for being fans, you know derived from the word fanatic.

Hell, DoMeFavors is annoying as ****, but I'd still rather argue with him (her?) about sports than listen to you try to lecture me on how to be a fan.

mjt20mik
12-21-2012, 06:43 PM
They will. I said 6-8 and I still go with that prediction.

Patrick Ewing33
12-21-2012, 06:47 PM
If the Nets were in the west it would be a fight to make the 8th seed, maybe the 7th. But 'cause there in the east I don't see how they'll miss the playoffs. I say they make it easy, due to the east being weak.

KnickFanSince91
12-21-2012, 06:57 PM
the east isnt very strong.. the nets have time to figure things out.

I guess saying the east isn't very strong is the cool thing to say even though the conferences are about as even as they ever been.

Mataro41
12-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Nets will make the playoffs i just dont know why they dont use Marshon as much

albertajaysfan
12-21-2012, 07:26 PM
LOL....:laugh:

...and pickled hippopotamuses dance on top of rainbows.

hmmmm.....pickled hippopotamuses....

To the OP:

There is a legit chance they miss the playoffs if they don't starting beating teams above .500. They have a tougher road to the playoffs just because of their division then Milwaukee, Atlanta and Orlando. I think Orlando tails off a little. They will battle Toronto for 10/11. 7/8/9 Will be Brooklyn, Milwaukee and Philly battling.

RonE Coleman
12-21-2012, 07:36 PM

Knicks have had the same amount of turnover and seem to be doing just fine :shrug:

Turnover has nothing to do with how bad D will is or how awful Blowpez is on defense.

JerseyPalahniuk
12-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Knicks have had the same amount of turnover and seem to be doing just fine :shrug:

Turnover has nothing to do with how bad D will is or how awful Blowpez is on defense.

How'd they do last season? I'm sure Nets will be much better after a full season together.

RonE Coleman
12-21-2012, 08:07 PM
How'd they do last season? I'm sure Nets will be much better after a full season together.

You just disregarded what I said....The Knicks had the same amount of turnover THIS season.

Twins Fanatic
12-21-2012, 08:15 PM
Don't see why they wouldn't, after all it is the Eastern Conference.

Hawkeye15
12-21-2012, 08:54 PM

You guys are deeper, and started on a peak, and haven't hit a valley. It will come. You just hope to have as many wins as possible when a tough stretch hits. I mean, my Wolves had a ton of turnover, and more injuries than any team I have seen to begin a year, and have a better record in a better conference, I just mean there are sometimes adjustment periods...

2-ONE-5
12-21-2012, 09:31 PM

im sure you said the same thing about D-Will last year. I can see this being the continual excuse for you Nets fans all season.

This

waveycrockett
12-21-2012, 11:56 PM
im sure you said the same thing about D-Will last year. I can see this being the continual excuse for you Nets fans all season.

This

Nah last year he wasnt playing in the NBA. He played in the D-League

KniCks4LiFe
12-22-2012, 12:33 AM
We have a superiority complex? A complex? What are you a psychologist?

I'm sorry we want to better than the other team in town. If a Nets fan didn't constantly say that their better than the Knicks, I wouldn't even consider them a real fan. What's the point of sports if there's no rivalries, or constant comparisons. If people didn't care who was better why would they even play?

So you can stick to your objectivity. I'm sure you feel good going to bed knowing you're a level headed sports enthusiast. You want to criticize NYers for being fans, you know derived from the word fanatic.

Hell, DoMeFavors is annoying as ****, but I'd still rather argue with him (her?) about sports than listen to you try to lecture me on how to be a fan.

see what I mean?

29$JerZ
12-22-2012, 12:50 AM
8th seed
That's being generous imo

Still have 3/4 of a season to go

Chill_Will_24
12-22-2012, 12:53 AM
this is not going to end well once dmf and wavey get off eachother

:laugh2:

JerseyPalahniuk
12-22-2012, 12:54 AM
You just disregarded what I said....The Knicks had the same amount of turnover THIS season.

No. http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NJN/2012.html

If you organize the player on our team from last season by total minutes played, Brook Lopez is 16th on our team.

1st is Kris Humphries who is getting less minutes almost every game - serving a bench role now almost. That will be Amare basically of the bench (or atleast it should be).

Dwill is 2nd - no "turnover here."

3rd is Marshon Brooks - 11th on our team in minutes this year. I would compare this to Iman but Shump physically can't play while Marshon is benched for his defense.

Players 4 through 11 are NOT on our team this year. Either traded away, waived, or left in free agency (Green).

Brook Lopez played 5 games last year. Gerald Wallace played 16 games. The 4 starters (besides Joe Johnson) did not play a single game together last year.

The guy leading our team in minutes - Joe Johnson, was (obviously) not on our team last year.

Our top 3 bench players (Blatche, Reggie, CJ Watson) were not on our team last year.

This may not count but playing in a completely new arena, new identity, in NEW YORK is kind of a change as well.

We have more "turnover"

JerseyPalahniuk
12-22-2012, 12:56 AM
8th seed
That's being generous imo

Still have 3/4 of a season to go

You're kidding me dude. 8th seed is generous? I could understand 8th seed as your opinion but as your "high"?

29$JerZ
12-22-2012, 01:00 AM
You're kidding me dude. 8th seed is generous? I could understand 8th seed as your opinion but as your "high"?

Well I was never high on them before the season began. I predicted 7th/8th seed at best. I just can't see them having a better record than NY/Bos/Philly by the end of the season. Plus Atlanta, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Indy will have a better record than them imo.

Chill_Will_24
12-22-2012, 01:12 AM

Eh i was thinking the same but leave it alone. The guy has been bad mouthing the Nets since the summer predicting they miss the playoffs and stuff like that.

He is a Knicks fan. Take it with a grain of salt. When it comes to the Nets, his opinion should be pretty much ignored.

There are a lot of great Knicks fans though. Do not let guys like that get to you man. It's just his opinion.

DoMeFavors
12-22-2012, 01:29 AM
Eh i was thinking the same but leave it alone. The guy has been bad mouthing the Nets since the summer predicting they miss the playoffs and stuff like that.

He is a Knicks fan. Take it with a grain of salt. When it comes to the Nets, his opinion should be pretty much ignored.

There are a lot of great Knicks fans though. Do not let guys like that get to you man. It's just his opinion.

Maybe some of the Nets players said something bad about Yoshi and he is offended

krisxsong
12-22-2012, 03:06 AM
I'd say if we keep Avery Johnson and Kris Humphries as our starting PF, we MIGHT make it to the 8th seed.

Beltrans Mole
12-23-2012, 03:35 PM

The Knicks are a contender, yes. I think being 19-6 would indicate that considering they are only getting healthier. The Nets are at best a 5th seed.

waveycrockett
12-23-2012, 03:59 PM
The Knicks are a contender, yes. I think being 19-6 would indicate that considering they are only getting healthier. The Nets are at best a 5th seed.

And realistically the Knicks will finish a 4th seed while the Nets are still gelling.

DrDre94
12-23-2012, 04:02 PM
And realistically the Knicks will finish a 4th seed while the Nets are still gelling.

You wish...

waveycrockett
12-23-2012, 04:15 PM
You wish...

Your team got off to a hot start and is old as hell. Granger and Rose are both coming back and Nets still have not clicked yet and are only 5.5 back. The long schedule and Amare will undo you guys. Pacers and Bulls will def finish ahead. Nets will be 4 or 5 along with Knicks.

Beltrans Mole
12-24-2012, 01:39 AM
Your team got off to a hot start and is old as hell. Granger and Rose are both coming back and Nets still have not clicked yet and are only 5.5 back. The long schedule and Amare will undo you guys. Pacers and Bulls will def finish ahead. Nets will be 4 or 5 along with Knicks.

You expect the Nets to "click", huh? Don't hold your breath.

ee
12-24-2012, 02:03 AM
Dwill is a ****** leader
Avery just awful
Nets 7th in the east out of 1st unless the top reason changes...

JEDean89
12-24-2012, 02:24 AM
will the nets make the playoffs? yes, but so what? over half of the teams in the nba make the playoffs. nets better pray that this core group works because no one is taking on deron williams or joe johnsons contract. brook lopez is the only player who is worth his money but the nets aren't going to get better by trading him. Jerry sloan would be a good fit for this team but i doubt that he would want to coach deron williams again. fact is the nets are the hawks of 2 years ago. they will be a good team when it's over and done but will never get out of the 2nd round.

ya and we all notice how domefavors makes a lot of promises and bets but never bets anything and never owns up to being wrong. understand he is here to piss people off by being dumb. he is the bill oreilly of the psd forum and all we can do is let him know what a joke he is to us and how pathetic his forum contribution is.

Knicks21
12-24-2012, 02:25 AM

There is so much bias in this its not even funny.

DoMeFavors
12-24-2012, 02:29 AM
Nets won today why isnt this guy making a thread

Hell, WILL the Nets even lose another game?

this was a terrible thread

bklynny67
12-24-2012, 02:53 AM

you're almost as big of a joke as DMF. It's so ridiculous when you guys continue to guarantee things. The Pacers and Bulls will DEFINITELY finish ahead of the Knicks. Really? Like the Nets were definitely gonna beat the Knicks and then got crushed. GTFO dude. You're a joke. Eventually you delusional Nets fans will have to admit the Knicks are much better than the Nets this year.

waveycrockett
12-24-2012, 02:57 AM
you're almost as big of a joke as DMF.
Your a bigger joke than DMF

bklynny67
12-24-2012, 03:01 AM
Your a bigger joke than DMF

sure let's see who thinks that's true... please dude, you and DMF are so ridiculous around here with all your Nets posts thinking everything about them is so great... in case you haven't noticed so far, THEY'RE A MEDIOCRE TEAM! Get off their d*cks and just root for your team and hope for the best. Stop trying to bash other teams because you're so freakin jealous that the Knicks are still #1 seed and Nets are barely holding on... seriously the jealousy comes out whenever the Knicks are playing good and the Nets are sucking, which has been the case lately.

Mayweather&NYK
12-24-2012, 03:02 AM
The nets??? Lol..... that's what i think of the nets.

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-24-2012, 03:22 AM
The nets??? Lol..... that's what i think of the nets.

Hell of a burn.

c.c.
12-24-2012, 03:33 AM
If they had to play the Rockets 82 games, they wouldn't make the playoffs

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-24-2012, 03:37 AM
If they had to play the Rockets 82 games, they wouldn't make the playoffs

Dont you mean the Knicks...?

Mayweather&NYK
12-24-2012, 03:38 AM
Hell of a burn.

Thanks man... in terms of the Nets thats about as good of an effort as you will get from me... :)

they dont deserve much else than laughter or facepalms with the hype they've gotten and where they they currently rank in the standings. :)

c.c.
12-24-2012, 03:41 AM
Dont you mean the Knicks...?

The Knicks? Oh that orange and blue team the Rockets sweep this season! Nope I meant the ROCKETS

Mayweather&NYK
12-24-2012, 03:42 AM
The Knicks? Oh that orange and blue team the Rockets sweep this season! Nope I meant the ROCKETS

you're clearly in the wrong thread guy...

DeyAce
12-24-2012, 03:44 AM
op are you kidding? the nets suck.... but their due

c.c.
12-24-2012, 03:52 AM
you're clearly in the wrong thread guy...

Says who?

bklynny67
12-24-2012, 04:04 AM

lol a Rockets troll... interesting. Hold onto those two wins buddy. Much rather be a 20-7 team that lost two games to a mediocre team than to be a 14-12 mediocre team who beat a good team twice.

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-24-2012, 04:10 AM
Says who?

Youre confusing me....

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-24-2012, 04:11 AM
Thanks man... in terms of the Nets thats about as good of an effort as you will get from me... :)

they dont deserve much else than laughter or facepalms with the hype they've gotten and where they they currently rank in the standings. :)

As long as theyre on your mind ;)

dalton749
12-24-2012, 04:13 AM
dont count toronto out yet to be in that fight. they started out horribly but the hardest part of their season is done and theyre starting to figure it out coming into an easier stretch of games. 7-8 seed could very well be teams bellow 500

c.c.
12-24-2012, 04:22 AM
lol a Rockets troll... interesting. Hold onto those two wins buddy. Much rather be a 20-7 team that lost two games to a mediocre team than to be a 14-12 mediocre team who beat a good team twice.

Knicks started off good but I wouldn't be shocked if they ended up in the 7th or 8th spot and get sweep by the Heat. Letting history repeat itself

murphturph
12-24-2012, 04:25 AM
^^ Raps on the Come up baby!

bklynny67
12-24-2012, 04:27 AM
Knicks started off good but I wouldn't be shocked if they ended up in the 7th or 8th spot and get sweep by the Heat. Letting history repeat itself

lol you're an idiot. Just stopping by to troll i see. I understand since the Rockets don't have much to look forward to....

NYKNYGNYY
12-24-2012, 04:40 AM
Not even half way through the season and threads like this are daily....juat like the way the lakers started after 5 games people were throwing in the towel on em ...if psd wants to hire me ill stay on psd between 4 or 5 people 24/7 n those people will be responsible to either approve or reject threads ...if all users pay 15 a month it may work !

NYKNYGNYY
12-24-2012, 04:46 AM

Oh yea that team that's 20-7 and is missing one of their best defenders and a former all star ...shucks, what a bad time to be a Knicks fan ...u can beat us twice or 7 times ill still take our record :D

thechom80
12-24-2012, 04:47 AM
Rockets?? Is there an idiot troll for each team?? Can I volunteer to be the Wolves troll??? Jose JORDAN Balkis!!!!

c.c.
12-24-2012, 04:47 AM
lol you're an idiot. Just stopping by to troll i see. I understand since the Rockets don't have much to look forward to....

The Rockets crushed the Knicks last real hope of a championship in 1994. And our future is brighter than the Knicks, the Knicks should swap names with Toronto because they full of old dinosaurs.

c.c.
12-24-2012, 04:49 AM
Rockets?? Is there an idiot troll for each team?? Can I volunteer to be the Wolves troll??? Jose JORDAN Balkis!!!!

T-Wolves? Enjoy Kevin Love while he still there

Captain Moroni
12-24-2012, 04:51 AM
Nets are a 6-8 seed always have been.

bklynny67
12-24-2012, 04:53 AM
The Rockets crushed the Knicks last real hope of a championship in 1994. And our future is brighter than the Knicks, the Knicks should swap names with Toronto because they full of old dinosaurs.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL He's referring to 1994!!!!! Almost 20 freakin years ago.... talk about livin in the past. wow.. there is an idiot troll for each team. We've located the Rockets one. :facepalm:

c.c.
12-24-2012, 04:57 AM
Oh yea that team that's 20-7 and is missing one of their best defenders and a former all star ...shucks, what a bad time to be a Knicks fan ...u can beat us twice or 7 times ill still take our record :D

There's no competition in the East, West teams come over and beat up on them all the time. Border line West teams that could be East teams like the Thunder, Grizzlies, Rockets, T'Wolves, Spurs, etc. should slide over and make y'all better. All y'all jokes except for the Heat

thechom80
12-24-2012, 04:57 AM
T-Wolves? Enjoy Kevin Love while he still there

I will for a minimum of two and a half years. :)

c.c.
12-24-2012, 04:58 AM
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL He's referring to 1994!!!!! Almost 20 freakin years ago.... talk about livin in the past. wow.. there is an idiot troll for each team. We've located the Rockets one. :facepalm:

Just stating the past and present. Rockets > Knicks

bklynny67
12-24-2012, 04:59 AM
There's no competition in the East, West teams come over and beat up on them all the time. Border line West teams that could be East teams like the Thunder, Grizzlies, Rockets, T'Wolves, Spurs, etc. should slide over and make y'all better. All y'all jokes except for the Heat

BAHAHAHAHAHA.... I love it... All "y'all jokes"...... LOL you probably look as dumb as you sound. :clap:

c.c.
12-24-2012, 04:59 AM
I will for a minimum of two and a half years. :)

He's requesting a trade after y'all end up 10th seed come spring time

thechom80
12-24-2012, 05:02 AM
He's requesting a trade after y'all end up 10th seed come spring time

D'okay.

bklynny67
12-24-2012, 05:03 AM
LOL I can't get over a Rockets troll. That's the funniest thing I've seen in a while.... a fan of a mediocre team that's lucky to make the playoffs, coming in and trying to make fun of better teams. LOL this is awesome. PSD keeps getting better and better. Man there's a bunch of f*ckin idiots on this site!

c.c.
12-24-2012, 05:11 AM
BAHAHAHAHAHA.... I love it... All "y'all jokes"...... LOL you probably look as dumb as you sound. :clap:

When it comes to the Finals, its basically the Heat vs. ??????

c.c.
12-24-2012, 05:15 AM
LOL I can't get over a Rockets troll. That's the funniest thing I've seen in a while.... a fan of a mediocre team that's lucky to make the playoffs, coming in and trying to make fun of better teams. LOL this is awesome. PSD keeps getting better and better. Man there's a bunch of f*ckin idiots on this site!

Better teams? The only other teams that was mentioned was the Knicks, Nets, and T'Wolves. And the Rockets are better than them!

bklynny67
12-24-2012, 05:19 AM
Better teams? The only other teams that was mentioned was the Knicks, Nets, and T'Wolves. And the Rockets are better than them!

BAHAHAHAHA! OH MAN! PLEASE STOP... I CAN'T CATCH MY BREATHE!!!

Whew... ok... that's better.. please post again so I can laugh... Ready, go!

c.c.
12-24-2012, 05:22 AM
BAHAHAHAHA! OH MAN! PLEASE STOP... I CAN'T CATCH MY BREATHE!!!

Whew... ok... that's better.. please post again so I can laugh... Ready, go!

All you Knicks are so happy because of this good start. LAUGH NOW, CRY LATER

RangersMets
12-24-2012, 05:26 AM

It's really funny because you've waited 2 years to start trolling on this site about the Rockets.

bklynny67
12-24-2012, 05:26 AM

Please return when you are proven wrong.

Like I said before, boy are there a lot of f*ckin idiots on this PSD site. I won't point out who they are. I'm sure anyone reading through a particular thread will be able to pick you out.

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-24-2012, 05:27 AM
Nets are a 6-8 seed always have been.

all these assumptions 26 games in. I dont get it.

c.c.
12-24-2012, 05:31 AM
It's really funny because you've waited 2 years to start trolling on this site about the Rockets.

All this disrespect towards the Rockets broke my silence!

bklynny67
12-24-2012, 05:43 AM

i haven't seen anyone disrespecting the Rockets.. WTF. But what will make people disrepect them is fans barging into a thread and talkin **** just randomly when no one was even discussing the Rockets and just start talkin all that nonsense for no reason.

thechom80
12-24-2012, 05:51 AM

Hell, WILL the Nets even make the playoffs?

^^Not sure how a thread discussing the Nets playoffs chances has anything to do with the Rockets. You're trolling.

c.c.
12-24-2012, 06:17 AM
^^Not sure how a thread discussing the Nets playoffs chances has anything to do with the Rockets. You're trolling.

That starting 5 I put together is mean though, not the best but some of my fav rockets

yangqing
12-24-2012, 06:19 AM
The author's view is very special, It's beneficial to my study and life.So,I am consent with the author's word absolutely.I like to Diablo 3 and looking forward to play with you:RS Gold (http://www.rsgold2buy.com/)
Diablo 3 Items (http://www.vipdiablo3.com/)
Runescape Gold (http://www.rsgold2buy.com/)

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-24-2012, 06:23 AM
That starting 5 I put together is mean though, not the best but some of my fav rockets

What are you saying man....

GiantsSwaGG
12-24-2012, 09:07 AM

GiantsSwaGG
12-24-2012, 09:10 AM

Stop smoking crack

http://www.gtfootf.com/wp-content/uploads/pookie-new-jack.jpg