PDA

View Full Version : Knicks made Amare "Available for free"

2-ONE-5
12-21-2012, 12:09 PM
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/12/knicks-tried-to-trade-amare-stoudemire.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Howard Beck of the NY Times saying that the Knicks offered Stoudemire to any team that would take him after being unsuccesful in trying to trade him for Bargs and in a deal for Howard.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-21-2012, 12:10 PM
if that is true, that is messed up.

nycericanguy
12-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks god we didn't trade him for Bargs!

Raps_93
12-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Thanks god we didn't trade him for Bargs!

rather have bargs than amare any day of the week

ManRam
12-21-2012, 12:15 PM
He's got 2 years @ 50 million total left after this year. Why anyone would be interested in that is beyond me. He has zero trade value, so yeah...you'd basically have to be giving him up for free...or find a worse contract to take back (few exist).

29$JerZ
12-21-2012, 12:16 PM
In February, the Knicks wanted to send Stoudemire to Toronto in a deal for Andrea Bargnani, according to a person briefed on the discussion. However, that proposal was vetoed by Garden chairman James Dolan before it ever reached the Raptors. Unsurprisingly, Toronto officials told Beck that the club wouldn't have made that deal anyway. Before that, the Knicks tried to package Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler in a trade with the Magic for Dwight Howard.

First of all the bold says this was last season, his worst season as a pro.
Is it messed up to want to trade STAT when things were awful for NY?

And Tyson+STAT for Dwight... How dare they right?

AddiX
12-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Happy to know they at least tried.

njnets
12-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Wait until he's an expiring contract. Until then though, your stuck with it.

QueensG_718
12-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Thats ****ed up man. Watch him come back and beast. All the haters going to feel stupid

D-Leethal
12-21-2012, 12:22 PM
I think most Knicks fans knew we weren't getting any value in return. At this point the best bet is to ride with him and hope Woody and Kidd can work their Magic. Nothing we get will have more upside than making it work with Amare.

JordansBulls
12-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Amare for Gasol. Get it done.

bal_ravens
12-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Id swap Nene and Ariza for him in a heartbeat....

DeRaptor95
12-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Ill do bargs for amare anyday I think amare will acutally be able to play D under casey

KnickaBocka.44
12-21-2012, 12:45 PM
I think I would rather have Amare than Bargs. I'm glad Brian Colangelo is an idiot.

McPeak92
12-21-2012, 12:49 PM
available for free and yet nobody took him...sounds about right.

DragonJaii
12-21-2012, 12:52 PM
have a feeling he's gonna get back on track this yr.

JasonJohnHorn
12-21-2012, 12:53 PM
I'd take Amare over Bargs for srue.

NY is being silly... they knew they were overpaying Amare when they gave him the contract. He played so well initially and the Knicks were winning with him, last season he struggled because 'Antoni ran the P&R with Chandler instead of Amarea (why?!?!?!?) and then 'antoni couldn't work Melo and Amare together...

Now that Woodson is in charge, I expect that having Amare and Melo on the court at the same time will actually make them better.

Amare is a great talent, not as good a rebounder as he should be, he had a bad season last year, so did Melo. Melo bounced back with Woodson, no reason to expect Amare can't do the the same.

I think NY will eventually be happy that they couldn't find a trade partner.

bucketss
12-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Ill do bargs for amare anyday I think amare will acutally be able to play D under casey

i mean bargnani sucks but he doesn't SUCK that much lol

NYY 26 to 7
12-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Wow no way would I want to get rid of Amar'e. Still better than anything you would get back and getting rid of him doesn't free up cap space. You are still over and would have to at least take back a contract (which is likely to be a worse overpaid player) and even if you could get rid of his deal you're still over the cap so its not like you can spend that money. If Amar'e comes back and is healthy there is huge upside for the Knicks. Foolish to trade him for nothing because of the lack of production in the awful Mike D'Antoni system. Same thing happening to Pau. Its not the players - its the system, these guys can still play. Either way I'll take Amar'e in a reduced role over anything else we could get back.

bucketss
12-21-2012, 01:02 PM
I think I would rather have Amare than Bargs. I'm glad Brian Colangelo is an idiot.

hes getting paid 20 mill a year the next three years and hes never on the court lol thank god BC isn't that ****ing stupid.

have fun paying for a cheer leader in a suit

bucketss
12-21-2012, 01:04 PM
theres a reason they're trying to give him away for free and still no one wants him.

amak316
12-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Don't know how they pulled it off but somehow a guy making $100 mill has become a legit underdog story that I'm rooting for.

Years of sucking a lot has made Stat more likeable than any PR team could. Maybe LBJ should punch a few fire hydrants and start playing matador D for a few seasons

colinskik
12-21-2012, 01:09 PM
And Toronto wouldn't have made that trade ...

Yeah, because BC is a dummy stupid face. I don't care what you think about Amare, he's still better than Bargs, if not the majority of their team. Bargs is possibly the worst player in the league with "star" status.

colinskik
12-21-2012, 01:10 PM
hes getting paid 20 mill a year the next three years and hes never on the court lol thank god BC isn't that ****ing stupid.

have fun paying for a cheer leader in a suit
Yet he payed how much for Fields?? And Fields is where ... yes, he's sitting on the bench.

knicksfan42
12-21-2012, 01:12 PM
While I despise Amare, one of the few player I would not trade him for is Bargnani.

KnickFanSince91
12-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Beck jumped ship to become the Nets writer and is now looking for something to write about. Shopping Amare in February while we struggling under D'Antoni is a complete non story in December while we are sitting on top of the Eastern Conference. Woodson sent him to work out with Hakeem for a reason and it wasn't to up his trade value...

blahblahyoutoo
12-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Yet he payed how much for Fields?? And Fields is where ... yes, he's sitting on the bench.

and where is amare? amare's not even on the bench.

it's cuz they're both injured u numbnut.

javsvt
12-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Beck jumped ship to become the Nets writer and is now looking for something to write about. Shopping Amare in February while we struggling under D'Antoni is a complete non story in December while we are sitting on top of the Eastern Conference. Woodson sent him to work out with Hakeem for a reason and it wasn't to up his trade value...
This^^^^^^

bucketss
12-21-2012, 01:25 PM

actually that only happened because management told him to do anything to get nash in toronto.

nycericanguy
12-21-2012, 01:25 PM

actually fields was activated & available last week but TOR has yet to use him.

allSUAVE
12-21-2012, 01:29 PM
rather have bargs than amare any day of the week

:eyebrow:

elledaddy
12-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Get this DUMB *** article outa here. It says the " Knicks" wanted to trade Stat in Feb but Dolan " Vetoed" it. Then who the **** is is these " Knicks" that wanted him traded then??????????????

Lmao MIKE DumbANTONI

So Mike wanted to trade Melo for Deron Williams and failed( got VETOED) at that.
And after that fail he then tried to trade Stat for Andrea Bargnani and failed( got VETOED) at that...

Lol, yeah leak this soft *** story the week Stat is about to come back...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Haters gone Hate and Potatoes gone potate

meloman1592
12-21-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm happy we didn't trade him for bargnani...he's an even worse rebounder and defender than Amare, not to mention less efficient

Avenged
12-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Well at least they tried.

uprightciti
12-21-2012, 01:38 PM
this is some ******** media talk trying to **** with the knicks chemistry i dont buy it

uprightciti
12-21-2012, 01:39 PM
**** the ny media STAT is THE MAN AND HE IS GONNA MAKE THIS TEAM A FINALS TEAM

Get this DUMB *** article outa here. It says the " Knicks" wanted to trade Stat in Feb but Dolan " Vetoed" it. Then who the **** is is these " Knicks" that wanted him traded then??????????????

Lmao MIKE DumbANTONI

So Mike wanted to trade Melo for Deron Williams and failed( got VETOED) at that.
And after that fail he then he turned around and tried to Trade Stat for Andrea Bargnani and failed( got VETOED) at that...

Lol, yeah leak this soft *** story the week Stat is about to come back...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Haters gone Hate and Potatoes gone potate

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Typical media agenda ... nothing to see here

DeRaptor95
12-21-2012, 01:42 PM

Yeah, because BC is a dummy stupid face. I don't care what you think about Amare, he's still better than Bargs, if not the majority of their team. Bargs is possibly the worst player in the league with "star" status.
+1 :clap: exactly thats my point

HouRealCoach
12-21-2012, 01:43 PM
The article is as much BS as Chris Broussard lol

NYY09
12-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Thats ****ed up man. Watch him come back and beast. All the haters going to feel stupid

Yup.

The guy gets too much ****.... :pity:

Raps18-19 Champ
12-21-2012, 02:00 PM

The trade didn't even reach the Raptors. Try again.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-21-2012, 02:01 PM

Bargnani was playing well to start off the season. Amar'e was having issues. Colangelo didn't want to pay Amar'e contract if he got injured. Bargnani doesn't have a star status.

Try again.

NYY09
12-21-2012, 02:01 PM
A healthy Amar'e coming off the bench with Smith, Camby (if the guy ever manages to get healthy), Kidd and Novak is a pretty damn nice second unit.

This team can do some serious damage this year. Who cares about the media BS, after a decade its just nice to some winning ball. :)

WAYNEBO
12-21-2012, 02:03 PM
I wouldn't trade Tyson for Dwightmare straight up, let alone w/ STAT. Tyson's a beast and makes free throws that D12 can only dream about.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-21-2012, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't trade Tyson for Dwightmare straight up, let alone w/ STAT. Tyson's a beast and makes free throws that D12 can only dream about.

:laugh2:

bucketss
12-21-2012, 02:08 PM
lol knick fans are some homers now they wouldn't trade tyson a role player for one of the best players in the league.

Quietmoney
12-21-2012, 02:15 PM
We don't need Dwight on our team! We'll show you again when we play on Xmas how much we need him. We have all the pieces we need now. Amare is just gonna put us way over the top when he gets back on the court. The league has already been put on notice, but when Amare and Shump get back, it's gonna be a lot of blowouts.

colinskik
12-21-2012, 02:19 PM

You're truly an idiot. Read the post I responded to...

smith&wesson
12-21-2012, 02:25 PM
bargs is only making 10 mill a year. if the trade were to happen toronto would have to send a player or two back to make salaries match. my guess is thats why the trade didnt happen.

Sly Guy
12-21-2012, 02:26 PM
love how bargnani is equated to 'free'....lol, he's still got 3 years 30 mil left, that **** ain't free!!!!

JC_
12-21-2012, 02:39 PM
bargs is only making 10 mill a year. if the trade were to happen toronto would have to send a player or two back to make salaries match. my guess is thats why the trade didnt happen.

That and would Amare actually want to play here. I think him and Calderon would make a good pair though, just like him and Nash back in the day.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-21-2012, 02:59 PM
love how bargnani is equated to 'free'....lol, he's still got 3 years 30 mil left, that **** ain't free!!!!

They said Amar'e was made available for free AFTER they offered Amar'e around.

colinskik
12-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Bargnani was playing well to start off the season. Amar'e was having issues. Colangelo didn't want to pay Amar'e contract if he got injured. Bargnani doesn't have a star status.

Try again.

So then who's the star of your team? It's either him or nobody...

JordansBulls
12-21-2012, 05:22 PM
I would have traded Boozer for Amare last year as well.

29$JerZ
12-21-2012, 05:34 PM
I would have traded Boozer for Amare last year as well.

Eww, no thank you.

Evolution23
12-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Yeah people don't read the article. They just post based on the title. Cool.

dalton749
12-21-2012, 05:43 PM
so the getting a player scale starts off with:
free
bag of chips
bargnani

is that about right?

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-21-2012, 06:00 PM
amare for gasol. Get it done.

lols

ryder78c
12-21-2012, 06:08 PM
if i was my blazers id jump on that and try to pry more from NYK give them Freeland,claver,,Hickson,Matthews,Jeffries,Babbitt ,Pavlovic,future 1st for Chandler,Shumpert,Amare,JR Smith

Chandler/Leonard
Aldridge/Amare
Batum/Barton
Shumpert/JR.Smith
Lillard/N.Smith

KnickaBocka.44
12-21-2012, 06:15 PM
if i was my blazers id jump on that and try to pry more from NYK give them Freeland,claver,,Hickson,Matthews,Jeffries,Babbitt ,Pavlovic,future 1st for Chandler,Shumpert,Amare,JR Smith

Chandler/Leonard
Aldridge/Amare
Batum/Barton
Shumpert/JR.Smith
Lillard/N.Smith

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

tripleplay2007
12-21-2012, 06:20 PM
This was something going on in the off season when he was completely unhealthy.

Quinnsanity
12-21-2012, 06:21 PM
If you're Charlotte or Phoenix or some team like that, why don't you at least consider it? It gives people a reason to come to games and a jersey to sell at the stadium. You're not winning the title anyway, so if you can match the contract with salary cap flotsam why not?

justinnum1
12-21-2012, 06:23 PM
If you're Charlotte or Phoenix or some team like that, why don't you at least consider it? It gives people a reason to come to games and a jersey to sell at the stadium. You're not winning the title anyway, so if you can match the contract with salary cap flotsam why not?

No one wants to overpay for a player that's not very good. Did i mention his defense is bad?

PurpleJesus
12-21-2012, 06:26 PM
And somehow Knick fans think he is a very valuable trade chip

Mr Costanza
12-21-2012, 06:30 PM
And somehow Knick fans think he is a very valuable trade chip

Source?

Or did you completely make that up?

PurpleJesus
12-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Source?

Or did you completely make that up?

PSD boards. There have been plenty of knick fans saying the best deal Orlando could get for Dwight was a package revolving around Amare. Plenty have suggested Amare for Kevin Love too. My source is PSD.

Mr Costanza
12-21-2012, 06:33 PM
PSD boards. There have been plenty of knick fans saying the best deal Orlando could get for Dwight was a package revolving around Amare. Plenty have suggested Amare for Kevin Love too. My source is PSD.

Yeah you made it up.

ricky recon
12-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Business is business, but god damn... came to New York thinking it was his team now the Knicks are trying to trade him away... for free?

John Walls Era
12-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Some people here actually rather have Amare? You want a guy that probably won't be 100% in a full season and gets overpaid? Knicks are giving him away for free... which shows hes done. He worth less to the Knicks than the fans that buy tickets.

bucketss
12-21-2012, 07:34 PM
So then who's the star of your team? It's either him or nobody...

kyle lowry is by far the best player on the team if you want to call him a star go ahead.

Blitzbolt
12-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Carlos Boozer for Stat do it.

Worst TRADE ever for both teams^^^.

Enzo
12-21-2012, 07:45 PM
The title is misleading by saying free. Taking a player and then having to pay him $50 mil over the next few years isn't free in my book. Does anybody really find it shocking that a team wouldn't want to take on a player with knees worse than my 90 year old grandmother? Not to mention it's a guaranteed contract where he gets paid injured or not.

The Knicks are stuck with Amare which may be a blessing if the guy comes back like the Amare of old. I've got my fingers crossed, not to mention the Knicks need more scoring in the paint. Just keep him away from the fire extinguishers and hope for the best.

justinnum1
12-21-2012, 07:45 PM
did people really think a amare for gasol was a possibility?

Sportfan
12-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Call me crazy but I'd give Bass and Green for Amate :shrug:

Vampirate
12-21-2012, 08:47 PM

No doubt, but Amares contract is worse than Bargs.

Now if New York was to trade Amare for Bargs and Landry Fields, i'd have to give it some thought. :D