PDA

View Full Version : are Lebron/Durant going to be the next Jordan/Drexler?

Money_23
12-21-2012, 01:45 AM
in a sense that people always compared Drexler to be on par with Jordan even though Jordan was just flat out better and out played Drexler in their matchups.
Is this decade going to be like that for Lebron(Jordan) and Durant(Drex)?

edit: i guess this should be in the comparison forum.....

Blue_Ninja
12-21-2012, 01:45 AM
Magic/Bird?

b@llhog24
12-21-2012, 01:46 AM
Magic and Bird would make a better comparison. The distance between MJ and Drexler is WAY too big.

justinnum1
12-21-2012, 01:48 AM
i like the magic/bird comparison

we will see them both battle in the finals for the next few years.

Money_23
12-21-2012, 01:49 AM
Magic and Bird would make a better comparison. The distance between MJ and Drexler is WAY too big.

so the distance between Lebron and Durant isn't that big? Just wondering what you think because I've heard people say Durant could being shooting 60/50/90 and he still wont be the best player in the league.

JordansBulls
12-21-2012, 01:50 AM
Magic and Bird more likely since Durant will get some MVP's as well

tredigs
12-21-2012, 02:22 AM
Durant's better than prime Drexler and Jordan was better than prime Lebron, so I'm not buying it. It has the makings for the best rivalry of this generation for the next half decade, that's for sure.

They are both easily great enough for this not to need any past comparisons. It will simply be theirs as Larry/Magic was their own. This is no big brother/little brother situation any more.

Andrew32
12-21-2012, 02:24 AM
No because the gap between Jordan and Drexler was much bigger.

Lebron and Durant are close right now even if LBJ is still the greater player.

Bruno
12-21-2012, 02:25 AM
they will go down as each others main rivals, and the best two players drafted in the 2000's.

i'm not liking any comparison from the past. whens the last time we saw two elite sf's battle for supremacy? Bird and Dr. J in the early 80's? they are unique and will leave behind their own legacy, distinct from any two people we'd like to conveniently compare them to today.

DreamShaker
12-21-2012, 02:38 AM
Lebron/Durant is what everyone thought Lebron/Melo would be.

DreamShaker
12-21-2012, 02:40 AM
they will go down as each others main rivals, and the best two players drafted in the 2000's.

i'm not liking any comparison from the past. whens the last time we saw two elite sf's battle for supremacy? Bird and Dr. J in the early 80's? they are unique and will leave behind their own legacy, distinct from any two people we'd like to conveniently compare them to today.

Agreed.

Pakman
12-21-2012, 02:43 AM

we will see them both battle in the finals for the next few years.he did itfor the Lulz

Fresno
12-21-2012, 02:51 AM
No.

LeBron is to Jordan what Melo is to Drexler.

The Magic/Bird comparisons for LeBron/Durant are silly considering they actually had a real rivalry.

No matter how much the NBA tries there will never be any rivalry between the Heat & OKC just like they couldnt make a rivalry out of Cleveland/LA. There is just no connection there.

b@llhog24
12-21-2012, 03:21 AM
so the distance between Lebron and Durant isn't that big? Just wondering what you think because I've heard people say Durant could being shooting 60/50/90 and he still wont be the best player in the league.

No there is a distinction, (lots of it is based on the fact that the season is only 1/4 of the way) but it's just not nearly as large as the one between MJ and Clyde.

IndyRealist
12-21-2012, 09:28 AM

People saying things doesn't make it a general concensus. People say a lot of stupid things, especially on free discussion forums where you don't use your real names.

ManRam
12-21-2012, 10:42 AM
What Bruno said.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-21-2012, 10:49 AM
No, Nobody will ever be Jordan/Drexler. Durant/Lebron just don't have the same appeal.

ChiSox219
12-21-2012, 10:52 AM
I still think KD is underrated in general. He's definitely better than Drexler ever was.

lakersiznumber1
12-21-2012, 11:17 AM
not even close lbj plays nothing like jordan the closest thing 2 jordan is kobe stop disrespecting this man pls lol and durant is better than drexler

Money_23
12-21-2012, 11:20 AM
guys i'm not comparing lebron to MJ or durant to drexler. so please don't take it the wrong way. I'm talking about the gap between mj/drexler and lebron/durant, or what it may potentially become. Will Lebron be 1 step above Durant for the rest of his prime years?

JordansBulls
12-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Lebron/Durant is what everyone thought Lebron/Melo would be.

Well that is mainly because they were in the same class.

AIverson
12-21-2012, 08:24 PM
There's no rivalry here; these guys are friends. One thing about the NBA is that the next so-and-so never comes. Each generation of stars have their own games, their own stories, and their own identity. It's pretty obvious at this point that these old-school players will never be replicated. There are just way too many ways to be good at basketball (The best sport in the world by far!). I sayjust let these players develop into whatever they develop into and let everything take it's natural course.

AWC713
12-21-2012, 08:37 PM
dont think so just because the two are so different....dirant is 6'10 and a lanky 3, lebron more a freakish, stouter 4...

jordan and clyde were more similar with jordan obviously being better, though clyde won 1 or 2 chips with the rockets.

(fun fact ppl dont know...mj played at the end of the 95 season and in the playoffs but were kicked out in the first round...a lot of ppl think he didnt play this year, he actually put up really good stats in the playoffs that year, avergaing around 30 a game)

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-21-2012, 08:51 PM

we will see them both battle in the finals for the next few years.

LOLS. Ok bud

RyanStorm
12-22-2012, 08:00 AM
I think Durant and LeBron is a good lineup. But I can think of a couple others.

Kobe/Carmelo

There is some good players out there, but those other two are worth noting if not debating.

I thought I would mention some other great players/line ups who might be as legendary....maybe:
Guys like Griffen and Chris Paul, Tony Park and Tim Duncan, Lillard and Aldrige, Lawson and Faired/Iglouda, Curry and David Lee, then maybe Mo Willams and Al Jefferson.

GiantsSwaGG
12-22-2012, 08:03 AM
Does it matter?

AnthonyTyrael
12-22-2012, 09:21 AM
dont think so just because the two are so different....dirant is 6'10 and a lanky 3, lebron more a freakish, stouter 4...

jordan and clyde were more similar with jordan obviously being better, though clyde won 1 or 2 chips with the rockets.

(fun fact ppl dont know...mj played at the end of the 95 season and in the playoffs but were kicked out in the first round...a lot of ppl think he didnt play this year, he actually put up really good stats in the playoffs that year, avergaing around 30 a game)

And you were around? Orlando really showed them their limits and helped them repeat the threepeat that way. Hakeem and Shaq went into beast mode for the whole playoffs. They really gave the best they could give. Just like Glide and penny... So in the end advantage for the Dream, he took the ring and crown but their role players made the difference. Cassell, Ellie, Horry, Smith, Brown... too much too handle for young guns.

nickdymez
12-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Which one is drexler??? :facepalm:

Jarvo
12-22-2012, 11:45 PM
They'll be the first Lebron and Durant.