PDA

View Full Version : When Amare returns-Positive or Negative?

JNoel
12-21-2012, 01:00 AM
Simple question-When Amare Stoudemire returns, positive or negative? Your first thought might be positive, but it has been exposed that Chandler and Amare provide awful spacing at times for the Knicks, causing Amare to take sort of a backseat Pau Gasol/D Wade role. He will most likely come off the bench, and now back to the question, positive or negative?

29$JerZ
12-21-2012, 01:03 AM
Those 3 couldn't work together without a PG.
They had Douglas, Lin, Bibby and a busted up Baron Davis.

We've seen what Kidd has done to make Melo and Tyson's life much easier. Having 3 PG's should do the same for Amar'e. :shrug:

Our bench really needs an offensive option that doesn't rely on the 3 so STAT has a place on the team.

SteBO
12-21-2012, 01:04 AM
Positive. Having Amare back can only be a good thing, especially if he's truly committed to a bench role. Woodson is a smarter coach than people give him credit for....

29$JerZ sums it up nicely in regards to why Amare coming off the bench is good thing.

LongIslandIcedZ
12-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Kidd will prove to help a lot.

He'll understand how to get the differeny guys involved

DragonJaii
12-21-2012, 01:52 AM
positive, kidd is too smart to not make it work. + felton and stat used to work well, so i don't know why they wouldn't work this time. need to see his D though.

MrfadeawayJB
12-21-2012, 01:56 AM
Positive but he needs to play his role or else i see stat and melo clashing

WAYNEBO
12-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Those 3 couldn't work together without a PG.
They had Douglas, Lin, Bibby and a busted up Baron Davis.

We've seen what Kidd has done to make Melo and Tyson's life much easier. Having 3 PG's should do the same for Amar'e. :shrug:

Our bench really needs an offensive option that doesn't rely on the 3 so STAT has a place on the team.

Agreed... can't say until he returns. Him willing to come of the bench to build up his stamina can only be icing for NYK.

But the real 6 million dollar question is can the big frontcourt thrive with capable pass-first PG trio of Felty/JKidd/Prigioni. Will be interesting.

WAYNEBO
12-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Positive but he needs to play his role or else i see stat and melo clashing

BTW.. love the Grizz putting it together this year!!! Wish ZBO was still a knick. GL this season bro.

D-Leethal
12-21-2012, 02:41 PM
LOL. Way to act like your looking for an unbiased opinion before persuading posters into taking one side of the opinion poll. Clown OP.

strahan92osi72
12-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Positive. I used to think Melo and Amare not working well was on them, but now I'm convinced it was all D'Antoni. Woodson was 8-2 with these guys on the court, and DumbToni is getting exposed as to how bad he is as a coach. Look at LA, he can't make Kobe, Gasol, and Howard work. When he doesn't have a PG to run his gimmick system, he's easily the worst coach in the league.

sep11ie
12-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Welcome back JNoel.

NYY 26 to 7
12-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Simple question-When Amare Stoudemire returns, positive or negative? Your first thought might be positive, but it has been exposed that Chandler and Amare provide awful spacing at times for the Knicks, causing Amare to take sort of a backseat Pau Gasol/D Wade role. He will most likely come off the bench, and now back to the question, positive or negative?

We'll see I think positive because of the pg play.

I just want to thank you for saying that it is the Chandler/Amar'e combo where the spacing and role in a p&r system that has been the problem. You pay attention and much respect for that - really tired of people saying Melo/Amar'e and not looking at what has actually happened.

nycericanguy
12-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Positive...

Woody is no D'antoni!

Toney Douglas is no Kidd/Felton/Prigs

Post No Billz
12-21-2012, 03:09 PM
positive. I used to think melo and amare not working well was on them, but now i'm convinced it was all d'antoni. Woodson was 8-2 with these guys on the court, and dumbtoni is getting exposed as to how bad he is as a coach. Look at la, he can't make kobe, gasol, and howard work. When he doesn't have a pg to run his gimmick system, he's easily the worst coach in the league.

this

WAYNEBO
12-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Positive. I used to think Melo and Amare not working well was on them, but now I'm convinced it was all D'Antoni. Woodson was 8-2 with these guys on the court, and DumbToni is getting exposed as to how bad he is as a coach. Look at LA, he can't make Kobe, Gasol, and Howard work. When he doesn't have a PG to run his gimmick system, he's easily the worst coach in the league.

Truth.

TheNumber37
12-21-2012, 03:22 PM
positive because our bench will look like
Pablo
shump
Jr smith/ Copeland
Novak/ sheed
Amare Camby

if that was our whole team we could win about 30 games, competitively.

WAYNEBO
12-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Spacing issues are not isolated to just the Knicks, as JNoel points out. But it may work for NYK because the entire squad knows what Tyson brings in terms of offense -- oops and put-backs.

When they run PnR sets for Tyson, STAT becomes the elbow safety valve for Felton/Kidd or he becomes the weakside board sweeper. When STAT sets are run, he can drive to the basket w/ Tyson strictly board sweeping. STAT gets into trouble and he kicks it out to Melo on the perimeter with the other gaurds. Sounds good on paper hahaha!

RonE Coleman
12-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Positive, if hes willing to sacrifice some of his game and commit to defense and rebounding

sep11ie
12-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Positive, if hes willing to sacrifice some of his game and commit to defense and rebounding

So negative then?

RonE Coleman
12-21-2012, 03:54 PM
So negative then?

Enjoy not watching the Rockets in the playoffs clown

nickdymez
12-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Lets ask the Myans.....

nickdymez
12-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Explain why the Suns won so many games then...

JNoel
12-21-2012, 04:02 PM
LOL. Way to act like your looking for an unbiased opinion before persuading posters into taking one side of the opinion poll. Clown OP.
I don't see a poll :confused:

Welcome back JNoel.
:love:

We'll see I think positive because of the pg play.

I just want to thank you for saying that it is the Chandler/Amar'e combo where the spacing and role in a p&r system that has been the problem. You pay attention and much respect for that - really tired of people saying Melo/Amar'e and not looking at what has actually happened.
Amare and Melo can be very good together, they obviously need more time, and last year was not a good enough example of how the two can play.

rpgmaster86
12-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Of course it's a positive! we're not like the lakers about to implode with a coach that doesn't know how to unite a team. We are a united team, thanks to woodson, and Amare is an all-star caliber player..if he's healthy, the sky's the limit! If and only if he grabs rebounds and plays D, I say we definitely go to the finals with a chance to win the championship

Heatcheck
12-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Negative,
This guy only knows how to play off a pick and roll and dunk really hard and steve nas isnt the pg.

Heatcheck
12-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Of course it's a positive! we're not like the lakers about to implode with a coach that doesn't know how to unite a team. We are a united team, thanks to woodson, and Amare is an all-star caliber player..if he's healthy, the sky's the limit! If and only if he grabs rebounds and plays D, I say we definitely go to the finals with a chance to win the championship

Ill bet my yet-to-have-decended right testicle, that doesnt happen.

uprightciti
12-21-2012, 04:27 PM
positive

he is the perfect complement to a 6th man or a bench guy that is one of the most effective offensive weapons in the game

starters should remain

felton
kidd
brewer
melo
chandler

second unit
shump/priggs
jr
novak/copeland
amare
camby/sheed/thomas

FO GET ABOUT IT

phoenix_bladen
12-21-2012, 04:36 PM
positive

amare coming back will definitely help, there are no questions about that!

rpgmaster86
12-21-2012, 04:52 PM

lol WOW...u uhh really felt free telling ppl this?

Heatcheck
12-21-2012, 04:55 PM
lol WOW...u uhh really felt free telling ppl this?

Thats how ****ing sure i am of it not happening.

Sactown
12-21-2012, 05:04 PM
"Clown" It's a New York thing.

uprightciti
12-21-2012, 05:04 PM
thats how ****ing sure i am of it not happening.

sig bet sig bet

uprightciti
12-21-2012, 05:05 PM
"Clown" It's a New York thing.

Seattle Kings! fool!

Sactown
12-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Seattle Kings! fool!

Actually we're in Sacramento, watch basketball much? :rolleyes:

seikou8
12-21-2012, 05:16 PM

:clap: / thread

sep11ie
12-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Enjoy not watching the Rockets in the playoffs clown

I enjoyed watching them go linsane on your team TWICE this year. That's good for me.

smith&wesson
12-21-2012, 05:38 PM
positive. he needs to play in order to get traded.

KnickaBocka.44
12-21-2012, 05:45 PM
I enjoyed watching them go linsane on your team TWICE this year. That's good for me.

congrats, the Rockets might be the only team to beat the knicks more than once this regular season.

sep11ie
12-21-2012, 06:02 PM
congrats, the Rockets might be the only team to beat the knicks more than once this regular season.

SepGram Fail

smith&wesson
12-21-2012, 06:03 PM
lol

KnickaBocka.44
12-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Till the playoffs...

reading comprehension was never your strong suit was it? :facepalm:

sep11ie
12-21-2012, 06:12 PM
reading comprehension was never your strong suit was it? :facepalm:

Just saw that. I had a failed hard.

eddyv7
12-21-2012, 06:21 PM
it will be a positive if amare could play the Lamar Odom type of role when he won sixth man of the year and be effective i see the knicks beating miami and making it to the finals

WAYNEBO
12-21-2012, 08:16 PM

You have no testicles because you are a Heat fan.

NYK4L
12-21-2012, 08:38 PM
[/QUOTE]Ill bet my yet-to-have-decended right testicle, that doesnt happen.[/QUOTE]

First grow a pair, then you can bet it.