PDA

View Full Version : Jason Terry takes shots at Ray Allen and LeBron James

JordansBulls
12-20-2012, 08:22 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/20/jason-terry-takes-shot-at-ray-allen-because-boston-is-doing-so-well/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.csnne.com/basketball-boston-celtics/celtics-talk/Terry-takes-shot-at-former-Celtic-Allen?blockID=815567&feedID=10424

So Jason Terry thought this was a good time to take a dig at Ray Allen. And maybe LeBron James in there, too. From A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.

“His (Pierce) willingness to stick through the tough times and not just jump off, ‘I’m out of here! I’m going to join forces with Kobe (Bryant),’ or ‘I’m going to play with Dwyane Wade‘ — that’s a shot right there,” Terry said.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-20-2012, 08:25 PM
llullz

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Since nobody is talking about boston since they have busted this year a good way to get the word out there...so lame. Boston blow it up

RonE Coleman
12-20-2012, 08:26 PM
As much as I hate Pierce and the Celtics, Terry is right.

RonE Coleman
12-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Since nobody is talking about boston since they have busted this year a good way to get the word out there...so lame. Boston blow it up

New Jersey Nets should blow it up. At least Bahston has a pedigree

heyman321
12-20-2012, 08:27 PM

that's weird their record is the same as the Nets' except they have a core that is 20 years older and has more mileage.

JerseyPalahniuk
12-20-2012, 08:29 PM
that's weird their record is the same as the Nets' except they have a core that is 20 years older and has more mileage.

Yeah weird that they have a core that has been around for 5 complete seasons while the Nets' "core" has been around for a few months.

tapajafri
12-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Terry isn't using his brain on this one. Pierce would've eventually left if Garnett/Allen didn't come to him.

Boston did a good job at getting guys TO boston, to prevent Pierce from leaving. They got Pierce his help. If they never made the moves to get Garnett and Allen, Pierce would have eventually left. It's not about commitment. Boston just got the guys to Pierce before Pierce could go to other guys on a different team.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Terry sure loves to talk a lot.

ManRam
12-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Neat-o!

The Celtics finally put a contender around Pierce after his 9th season.

LeBron left after his 7th.

So sure, this makes Pierce a saint!

If that KG and Ray trade didn't go down, I doubt Pierce is still in Boston.

Theyhateme459
Soooo I guess JT is also taking a shot at KG and Ray for joining up with Pierce in Boston... #Hypocrisy

Im_in_Mia_bish
That awkward moment when you (terry) move around to different teams and talk about others joinin other teams.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 08:33 PM

They know Docs system most of them and have chemistry...nets beat them twice

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Terry is right, that doesn't change the fact that I hate that mother ****er :guns:

tapajafri
12-20-2012, 08:36 PM
^false

tapajafri
12-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Terry is right, that doesn't change the fact that I hate that mother ****er :guns:

No, terry is wrong. Pierce would have eventually left if Boston didn't get the players.

What's Terry going to say about Garnett? That Garnett jumped ship cuz Minnesota couldn't get him help? Because based on his logic of Pierce, he should say Garnett jumped ship and didnt stick around through times. Of course the player that stays is always going to look like the good guy for "staying" but anyone with a brain knows that those players that "stayed" would have eventually left if their team didn't bring the players to them.

Wade would have left if Miami didnt bring in James and Bosh. So Wade isn't this good committed guy. Neither is Pierce. They both would have left if their teams didn't bring in other stars.

JordansBulls
12-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Terry may be right about Lebron, but Terry did the same damn thing that Ray did. Once older and out of there prime they left to go to more of a championship squad.

ManRam
12-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Yeah. This quote can be destroyed from a variety of ways. Pretty stupid.

Also, THE BOSTON CELTICS franchise verse Cleveland's? Come one.

Stupid comment.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-20-2012, 08:39 PM
No, terry is wrong. Pierce would have eventually left if Boston didn't get the players.

What's Terry going to say about Garnett? That Garnett jumped ship cuz Minnesota couldn't get him help? Because based on his logic of Pierce, he should say Garnett jumped ship and didnt stick around through times. Of course the player that stays is always going to look like the good guy for "staying" but anyone with a brain knows that those players that "stayed" would have eventually left if their team didn't bring the players to them.

Wade would have left if Miami didnt bring in James and Bosh. So Wade isn't this good committed guy. Neither is Pierce. They both would have left if their teams didn't bring in other stars.

MEh.

mdm692
12-20-2012, 08:41 PM
That awkward moment when you (terry) move around to different teams and talk about others joinin other teams.

I thought Mark didn't want him back to save room for D12 and Deron?

Twins Fanatic
12-20-2012, 08:43 PM
I thought Mark didn't want him back to save room for D12 and Deron?

No, Cuban was pissed he bolted.

KingPosey
12-20-2012, 08:45 PM
He didn leave to play with stars because 2 superstars came TO his team. What's the point terry is trying to make?

nickdymez
12-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Lol@ Jason Terry... Huge troll

TheNumber37
12-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Soooo I guess JT is also taking a shot at KG and Ray for joining up with Pierce in Boston... #Hypocrisy

Kg got traded in one of the biggest player swaps in NBA history.
Allen didn't come cheap

Ray Allen and James were free agents.

RonE Coleman
12-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Terry may be right about Lebron, but Terry did the same damn thing that Ray did. Once older and out of there prime they left to go to more of a championship squad.

Going from the Mavs to the Celtics is certainly not as bad as going from the Celtics to the Heat.

Different conference and not a direct rival at all. Plus, Allen complained about coming off the bench in Bahston yet did he expect he'd start over Wade?

LongWayFromHome
12-20-2012, 10:09 PM
No, Cuban was pissed he bolted.

Cuban offered him half of what the celtics did.

kozelkid
12-20-2012, 11:35 PM
It's funny he says that cause I seemed to recall Pierce doing a lot of *****ing and claiming that he'd demand to be traded if Boston didn't make moves back in 06-07 when they finished with the second worst record. Fortunately for him, they got KG and Ray and the rest is history...

kozelkid
12-20-2012, 11:39 PM
Going from the Mavs to the Celtics is certainly not as bad as going from the Celtics to the Heat.

Different conference and not a direct rival at all. Plus, Allen complained about coming off the bench in Bahston yet did he expect he'd start over Wade?

He never complained about coming off the bench; he couldn't deal with playing with Rondo. I can't blame him. By most reports, Rondo is a real prat.

JNoel
12-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Losing r affects a franchise's mental health, perfect example being the Celtics

The Flash
12-20-2012, 11:43 PM
Terry was also talking about him being open to joining the HEAT last preseason,and last time i checked he joined forces with two hall of famers and a future hall of famer

popo85
12-21-2012, 12:01 AM
Neat-o!

The Celtics finally put a contender around Pierce after his 9th season.

LeBron left after his 7th.

So sure, this makes Pierce a saint!

If that KG and Ray trade didn't go down, I doubt Pierce is still in Boston.

This

SportsFanatic10
12-21-2012, 12:59 AM
lol terry always talks out of his ***.

Greedy22
12-21-2012, 01:27 AM
Terry is a bum and needs to stfu.

gatkins11
12-21-2012, 01:38 AM

Bingo.

Money_23
12-21-2012, 01:40 AM
last time Terry talked smack about the Heat, the Mavs torched them in the finals. Let's see if it happens this year. :laugh2: But I expect the Heat to torch the Celtics by like 20 points in their next meeting.

sfattahian
12-21-2012, 01:44 AM
Ironic since Terry peaced out on the Mavs to join forces with the Celtics

BULLSFAN0810
12-21-2012, 01:49 AM

The rule is you play most of your nba life with ONE TEAM and if the organization didn't give you a chance to win you can jump ship (Barkley)... Them you can go the Karl Malone route, play 100 years and if you fail go to another team to win (KG. Too)

People respect a super star trying it own their own while he is young and then teaming up close to their 30s.

What James did was, have the best record. Lose, panic, throw his team under the bus, left his throne and try tp claim another mans home...

BlondeBomber41
12-21-2012, 01:52 AM

Incorrect. Terry left Dallas because Dallas didn't want him back, not because he wanted to leave Dallas. Dallas wanted to go younger and not have any older players on multi year deals. Terry left because he had no choice. Allen actually took less money to go to Miami over Boston.

BlondeBomber41
12-21-2012, 01:56 AM
I just realized reading through this thread that everyone is ripping on Terry for leaving the Mavs... do you people even realize the situation in which he left the Mavs? I know I already said it once in my post to JB, but it's incredible to me how many of you don't know jack **** about what you're talking about.

Terry NEVER wanted to leave Dirk and the Mavs. The Mavs made a decision just like with Tyson Chandler, JJ Barea, etc. that they didn't want long term deals on the books. They weren't gonna give Terry anything more than a small, one year deal. Of course he is gonna take the 3 year deal in Boston, it's not even a decision.

Terry wanted to retire a Mav and have his number retired a Mav. He is the definition of loyal.

--23--
12-21-2012, 02:27 AM
I just realized reading through this thread that everyone is ripping on Terry for leaving the Mavs... do you people even realize the situation in which he left the Mavs? I know I already said it once in my post to JB, but it's incredible to me how many of you don't know jack **** about what you're talking about.

Terry NEVER wanted to leave Dirk and the Mavs. The Mavs made a decision just like with Tyson Chandler, JJ Barea, etc. that they didn't want long term deals on the books. They weren't gonna give Terry anything more than a small, one year deal. Of course he is gonna take the 3 year deal in Boston, it's not even a decision.

Terry wanted to retire a Mav and have his number retired a Mav. He is the definition of loyal.

:clap: thank you for clearing it up for the ppl who didn't know.

Terry is speaking the truth

JC_
12-21-2012, 02:27 AM
Terry isn't using his brain on this one.

lol.. It's Jason Terry.

Sportfan
12-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Yes I think it's clear he's taking a shot at ray...

KG was traded to Boston. He did not sign as a Fa or demand ownership to send him to the celtics

JayW_1023
12-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Terry left Dirk. *shrugs*

RLundi
12-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Who cares?

PleaseBeNice
12-21-2012, 03:45 PM
i dont like terry

NickyNick
12-21-2012, 03:58 PM

they were traded......are you serious?

JLynn943
12-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Who cares what Jason Terry says? I don't, and I doubt Ray Allen or LeBron do either.

Caveman508
12-21-2012, 04:41 PM

let me know when the Nets win a title big guy

Heatcheck
12-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Paul Pierce demanded a trade if he didnt get a star to play with him, in his 8th year.
James leaves cleveland after 7th year, because they couldnt get him a star to play with.

Seems to me pierce wouldve done the same thing, its just he signed a 10 yr deal and had no say.

naps
12-21-2012, 05:05 PM
He's just sad that Heat didn't even consider him and instead picked the better player Ray Allen. I remember him publickly saying Heat was his first choice last summer. Sadly, Pat never called his agent. Grapes taste sour lmao!

mynameismo
12-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Paul Pierce demanded a trade if he didnt get a star to play with him, in his 8th year.
James leaves cleveland after 7th year, because they couldnt get him a star to play with.

Seems to me pierce wouldve done the same thing, its just he signed a 10 yr deal and had no say.

Celtics were struggling then. Of course Paul would urge management to make changes.

Cavs had the BEST record! :shrug:

With that said.. Lebron and Ray made the right choice anyway.

naps
12-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Since nobody talks about him he comes outta closet time to time and says something controversial to be on some cheap articles. He's one of the attention whores. Been like this for his entire career.

Big Zo
12-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Why does Jason Terry think he's relevant?

tripleplay2007
12-21-2012, 06:04 PM
I really think it would be screwed up for the Pierce to do this based on the fact that the Celtics did everything they could to build a championship caliber team around him which they did. Maybe not the same caliber squad they use to have but they are way better then the early 2000's Celts.

SwatTeam
12-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Noticed every player Jason Terry mentioned is a hall of famer/multiple all-star/champion(s). [sigh] Its ok Mr. Terry, you are still one of the 1000 greatest basketball players to ever play the game.

PurpleJesus
12-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Terry taking a shot at KG then too I guess.

PurpleJesus
12-21-2012, 06:29 PM
they were traded......are you serious?

KG was traded after he forced his way out...much like how Lebron forced a trade.

dodie53
12-21-2012, 09:39 PM
terry: blah blah blah yada yada yada

hugepatsfan
12-21-2012, 09:58 PM

Your overall point is fine, but Lebron not committing to CLE as opposed to Pierce committing to BOS contractually is part of the reason BOS could build a contender. There were some cases of CLE pursuing a role player and him not wanting to sign because he wasn't sure Lebron would be there long term. Maybe if CLE would have been able to better equip themselves to get over the hump.

That's where Lebron "screwed" CLE. As a franchise, you're better off if your star goes the Dwight/Melo route so you know to trade him. A more diplomatic approach like Lebron took, while more mature and professional, puts you in no man's land - go all out to build a contender and he leaves you with bad contracts if you fail or trade him when he didn't explicitly demand to leave and be the villain of a GM.

TylerSL
12-21-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm really threatened by Jason Terry!!!!

TylerSL
12-21-2012, 10:04 PM
seriously tho, why is HE talking. He wanted to come to Miami......

"Miami is definitely a title contender. For sure," Terry told FOX Sports Florida before Dallas' 106-85 loss at AmericanAirlines Arena about his interest. "(Team president) Pat Riley is a great guy and what he's done with the organization is tremendous.

"No question, they need a veteran shooter, a guy who can score besides LeBron (James) and (Dwyane Wade), and they know they can count on. I'm a guy that's been in this league 13 years, (averaging) 15 points a night, easy. Off the bench or the starting lineup, it doesn't matter. So I think I'd be an asset to them."

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/03/29/12/Mavs-G-Terry-interested-in-joining-Heat/landing_heat.html?blockID=698982

too bad we wanted Ray more

TylerSL
12-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Terry is just bitter.

LBJackpot
12-21-2012, 10:39 PM
seriously tho, why is HE talking. He wanted to come to Miami......

"Miami is definitely a title contender. For sure," Terry told FOX Sports Florida before Dallas' 106-85 loss at AmericanAirlines Arena about his interest. "(Team president) Pat Riley is a great guy and what he's done with the organization is tremendous.

"No question, they need a veteran shooter, a guy who can score besides LeBron (James) and (Dwyane Wade), and they know they can count on. I'm a guy that's been in this league 13 years, (averaging) 15 points a night, easy. Off the bench or the starting lineup, it doesn't matter. So I think I'd be an asset to them."

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/03/29/12/Mavs-G-Terry-interested-in-joining-Heat/landing_heat.html?blockID=698982

too bad we wanted Ray more

Because it sucks to want someone or something and not have it want you back lol. I woulda hated it if he was on the Heat and i had to hear or read about him babble on about bs every day.

Terry wishes he could be compared to Ray Ray. Riley doesn't like picking up arrogant players that lack class.

stawka
12-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Worry about yourself shooting 1-13 against Milwaukee lol

Evolution23
12-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Why would Perce go play with Kobe Bryant when the Celtics had Garnett and Ray join in the same year. They also drafted Rondo and signed Doc Rivers. Yeah Celtics had the big 3 before the Heat so I don't wanna hear about this crap.

Super.
12-22-2012, 03:59 AM
Shocking, more anti celtics postings from JB. Yawn

Munkeysuit
12-22-2012, 04:18 AM
NBCSports talks about Jason Terry talking about Ray Allen and Lebron James...who's the biggest loser in all of this?

Iron24th
12-22-2012, 04:51 AM

They were traded there

JordansBulls
12-22-2012, 03:36 PM
i dont like terry

I only liked him one year and that was 2011.

stawka
12-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Hahaha I wonder why

BoSox47
12-22-2012, 04:00 PM

KG was traded to the celtics by the timberwolves

BlondeBomber41
12-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Jason Terry made Lebron and company his ***** in the 2011 Finals, he can say what he wants about them.