PDA

View Full Version : Are the Nets starters their problem?

NYSpirit1
12-19-2012, 11:06 PM
The Nets bench is unbelievable. They have Evans, whose averaging 8.6 boards a game, a young Marshon Brooks, Blatche whose having a comeback year and a solid trio of Watson, Stackhouse and Bogans.

But yet Deron is having his worst pro career, Johnson isn't doing what he did in Atlanta, Wallace is hovering around 10 points a game, Humphries isn't doing a double-double again and Lopez is back to Earth.

The Nets have the potential to be a 50-55 win team, but it's kind of shocking to watch how crappy their main guys have been, especially Deron. I think Deron will comeback, but I have to imagine their organization feels the same about him as the aura surrounding Melo was last year. His trade value had never been lower, same with Deron.

For a Net fan, it has to be alarming. 13-12 after tonight.

As a Knick fan, it's a little sad to see, I wanted the Nets to be elite, it made the rivalry that much more nasty. But IF the Knicks win 60 and the Nets 42-45, it's not going to have the same hype.

LongIslandIcedZ
12-19-2012, 11:07 PM
I never considered them a 55 win team, not even close to that.

Their still learning to play together, it wont happen overnight.

Their just not as great as their 3 obnoxious fans on this site would have you believe. There is nothing wrong that, their still a good team.

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Every team has slumps and this is just a bad one. We started out 11-4 and are now 13-12. We've just got to get out of this and I think we'll be okay.

Long season to go.

smood999
12-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Been saying this for a couple seasons now...DWills is overrated and escapes criticism...his last season with the Jazz, they were not going to make the playoffs with him...he comes to the Nets and there is 0 improvement...it was a bad team but at least a 5 game or so improvement...

but we'll see, it's still early..the numbers don't lie...the excuse was well he didn't have the pieces around him, I can't wait to hear the excuse now..

waveycrockett
12-19-2012, 11:18 PM

Smartest thing you've ever said. You should walk off after this one.

nycericanguy
12-19-2012, 11:18 PM
They were not as good as 11-4 (ridiculously easy schedule early on), but they are not as bad as 13-12.

And JJ is what he is at this point, can't expect him to go back to his glory days in ATL.

Deron is the interesting one, because its been a while now, at some point do we say maybe this is just a player that has fallen off?

I had them around 46 wins, and I think they'll fall somewhere around that.

waveycrockett
12-19-2012, 11:19 PM
but we'll see, it's still early..the numbers don't lie...the excuse was well he didn't have the pieces around him, I can't wait to hear the excuse now..

We know he sucks. Felton is better and so is Kidd

tripleplay2007
12-19-2012, 11:20 PM
I really think the problem here is that the players don't match Avery Johnson's coaching style. With the right offensive plays and game plan I think they would be much better. Stan Van Gundy anyone?

Patrick Ewing33
12-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Just like the Knicks 2 years ago and last year, they will struggle, they were build 3 months ago.. Rome was not built in a day.. It will take time and when that time comes, the Nets will be a very very good team. By no means am I saying there not good, there a pretty good team that could put a nice run in the playoffs. They should fire Avery Johnson, I believe that's the Nets main problem.

strahan92osi72
12-19-2012, 11:22 PM

Maybe YOU should walk off after this one.:eyebrow:

JerseysFinest
12-19-2012, 11:22 PM
I think it's too early to say this or that about the team. As cliche as this excuse is, they really just need time to grow and play together. I'm pretty sure it's a mental issue with Deron, he just needs to grow confidence. Same with Joe. They're both great players, they just need to stop hesitating and be more aggressive. A new head coach wouldn't be bad either.

JerseysFinest
12-19-2012, 11:23 PM

smh.

waveycrockett
12-19-2012, 11:23 PM
Maybe YOU should walk off after this one.:eyebrow:

Yes because any GM would agree with what I said lol

strahan92osi72
12-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Yes because any GM would agree with what I said lol

Stop....just please....stop.

strahan92osi72
12-19-2012, 11:27 PM
Wavey isn't DMF expecting you for dinner?

smood999
12-19-2012, 11:36 PM

never said that and I never would...the difference is Williams is suppose to be the best player on the Nets

Evolution23
12-19-2012, 11:38 PM
The only reason the Nets had the hot start was because of their easy schedule. Now they are coming back to earth after playing harder teams.

waveycrockett
12-19-2012, 11:38 PM
The only reason the Nets had the hot start was because of their easy schedule. Now they are coming back to earth after playing harder teams.

yep knicks were A CAKE WALK

strahan92osi72
12-19-2012, 11:39 PM
never said that and I never would...the difference is Williams is suppose to be the best player on the Nets

Williams is still better than Felton no question. But he's closer to Felton's level (good solid PG) than CP3's level (great elite PG).

LongIslandIcedZ
12-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Smartest thing you've ever said. You should walk off after this one.

You must have the wrong person, I have been saying this the entire off season and season.

You may wanna walk off.

njnets
12-19-2012, 11:41 PM
they lack chemistry. its very obvious.

i think the individual talent is there. its takes time for all of them to gel together though.

they have not played a full 48 minutes in a long time. they show spurts of greatness and then become embarrassing because they are all not on the same page.

as a fan, my hope is they will figure out most of these problems before the playoffs and have better chemistry then so they have a chance to advance. this offseason will help them tremendously as well.

their bench has done very well and their roles are more established than the starters. i will agree with that.

justinnum1
12-19-2012, 11:42 PM
their coach is the biggest problem. Blatche has been their best player and he barely plays him. Thats just one of many many problems.

koreancabbage
12-19-2012, 11:42 PM
overrated. overrated PG, overrated C, overrated SG.

The day Deron Williams shuts his pie hole about being a system PG or not is the day he takes the next step to becoming an elite PG

still too soft inside with Lopez. defense is like swiss cheese due to his slowness.

and don't even start with JJ and his bloated contract that was from his overrated game.

Captain Moroni
12-19-2012, 11:43 PM
problem with the nets at this juncture is that no one is playing at even close to a superstar level. there is no GOTO guy. Lopez was almost non existant tonite.
I like alot of the pieces on this team but collectively, they seem to be a .500 team.

JerseysFinest
12-19-2012, 11:43 PM
their coach is the biggest problem. Blatche has been their best player and he barely plays him. Thats just one of many many problems.

I don't know about Blatche being their best player, but I think it's better for him to come off the bench. When he comes off the bench, the Nets have a very strong bench attack. I think it's just Avery that needs to change.

waveycrockett
12-19-2012, 11:48 PM
25 games in. Breaking in a brand new team. We are not the first or the last team with chemistry problems. It starts up top with Avery. 10 months ago the Knicks coach wanted their superstar traded for our superstar Deron and now Deron is no better than Raymond Felton. Wake me in March.

waveycrockett
12-19-2012, 11:50 PM
problem with the nets at this juncture is that no one is playing at even close to a superstar level. there is no GOTO guy. Lopez was almost non existant tonite.
I like alot of the pieces on this team but collectively, they seem to be a .500 team.

He didn't have his usual dominant game against Chandler but I wouldn't call 16/10/1blk in 29 minutes non-existant

smood999
12-19-2012, 11:52 PM
25 games in. Breaking in a brand new team. We are not the first or the last team with chemistry problems. It starts up top with Avery. 10 months ago the Knicks coach wanted their superstar traded for our superstar Deron and now Deron is no better than Raymond Felton. Wake me in March.

You're talking about D'Antoni...the same guy rumored to want to trade Gasol for Stoudemire...it's all about his system and that's why he's no longer here...again it's way to early and I'm speaking strictly on Deron's play...Melo wasn't even a full yr in before he was getting heavy criticism...when will ppl start to look at Deron? that's all I'm saying...

JerseyPalahniuk
12-19-2012, 11:53 PM

I guarantee you that you will be back here the next time Nets beat a contender team saying "Nets are back!! Told you!! Contendors OMG!"

Max.This
12-19-2012, 11:58 PM
I kinda like Deron Williams' game. He has a nice crossover, gets to the rim and is dishing the ball a lot more than he usually does. The only difference is that his shot has been off but that could just be because he feels so pressured to play really well.

waveycrockett
12-19-2012, 11:59 PM
I guarantee you that you will be back here the next time Nets beat a contender team saying "Nets are back!! Told you!! Contendors OMG!"

That concerns you how?

BklynKnicks3
12-20-2012, 12:01 AM
Never on understood the nets hype see em as a 500 team maybe 44 wins. Dwill is not in Melo world.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-20-2012, 12:03 AM
the nets bench is unbelievable. They have evans, whose averaging 8.6 boards a game, a young marshon brooks, blatche whose having a comeback year and a solid trio of watson, stackhouse and bogans.

But yet deron is having his worst pro career, johnson isn't doing what he did in atlanta, wallace is hovering around 10 points a game, humphries isn't doing a double-double again and lopez is back to earth.

The nets have the potential to be a 50-55 win team, but it's kind of shocking to watch how crappy their main guys have been, especially deron. I think deron will comeback, but i have to imagine their organization feels the same about him as the aura surrounding melo was last year. His trade value had never been lower, same with deron.

For a net fan, it has to be alarming. 13-12 after tonight.

As a knick fan, it's a little sad to see, i wanted the nets to be elite, it made the rivalry that much more nasty. But if the knicks win 60 and the nets 42-45, it's not going to have the same hype.

troll alert!!

YEDN90
12-20-2012, 12:06 AM
Had them as the 6th seed and I will stick by it.

Anji
12-20-2012, 12:12 AM
I think the Nyets shooting their load with the Joe Johnson trade has put them in a tough spot.

They could be 13-12 with brooks starting and still flirting with bringing in Dwight and trading Brook for pieces.

Hell, you could be doing better with Jamal Crawford, OJ Mayo, maybe a trade for Eric Gordon.

I think JJ is going to turn into a very bad panic move for Brooklyn. He is an ISO player, being paid to be a superstar but playing like a 6th man. This is the Nyets problem.

29$JerZ
12-20-2012, 12:14 AM
He didn't have his usual dominant game against Chandler but I wouldn't call 16/10/1blk in 29 minutes non-existant

He was complaining heavily to the refs tonight, I don't recall him being that much of a baby. Probably just a bad night from him.

Greet
12-20-2012, 12:30 AM
Avery Johnson doesn't know how to coach them.

Greet
12-20-2012, 12:32 AM
He was complaining heavily to the refs tonight, I don't recall him being that much of a baby. Probably just a bad night from him.

Most centers complain when they play Chandler, he's very aggressive and tough down low, and tends to get away with a lot of the 50/50 calls.

JIDsanity
12-20-2012, 12:35 AM
You know the rest of PSD is tired of hearing about Knicks, Nets when the only post in this are people from NJ and NY lol. NY pride though

DreamShaker
12-20-2012, 12:42 AM
Where is DoMeFavors? This thread needs the captain.

Captain Moroni
12-20-2012, 12:46 AM

I wasn't disrespecting Lopez, I just felt he was a non factor, unlike the first time these two teams played where he seemed to dominate.

shep33
12-20-2012, 12:56 AM
Not a fan of Avery. He's promoting iso basketball. You have one of the best P&R point guards in the NBA. He's Mike Browning the Nets

phoenix_bladen
12-20-2012, 12:58 AM
Funny how ppl on the forums here were criticizing the Knicks for getting Anthony and said nets won the trade because he's a better player and that the Knicks should have got deron instead of melo because deron is better lol

How times have changed

b-ballistic
12-20-2012, 01:00 AM
Their problem is that they let go of Gerald Green. He had 21 for the Pacers tonight and he's gonna blow up soon.....I think.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 01:14 AM
They are in a slight slump so they are this? because they have lost a few? I say they are 11-4 if you want to talk just slight slumps.

waveycrockett
12-20-2012, 01:17 AM
They are in a slight slump so they are this? because they have lost a few? I say they are 11-4 if you want to talk just slight slumps.

You are the ultimate Nets troll. Cant see how anybody believes this loser is a fan

White_Mike
12-20-2012, 01:22 AM
I think the Nyets shooting their load with the Joe Johnson trade has put them in a tough spot.

They could be 13-12 with brooks starting and still flirting with bringing in Dwight and trading Brook for pieces.

Hell, you could be doing better with Jamal Crawford, OJ Mayo, maybe a trade for Eric Gordon.

I think JJ is going to turn into a very bad panic move for Brooklyn. He is an ISO player, being paid to be a superstar but playing like a 6th man. This is the Nyets problem.
Completely agree with this.

KniCks4LiFe
12-20-2012, 01:26 AM
The Nets have the players. Their coach is just horrible. From game 1 playing this team I said to myself and I know Woody said it, the Nets are a problem, game 1 they wore us out. And now, yo we got worned down by Jeremy Lin and James Harden, but went against this "Broo---klynnnn" team and what I noticed, y'all got worse. Your coaching is horrible, even McHale has gotten better, Avery is a joke.

Y'all regressed and the Knicks took you to the woodshed and raped you.

KniCks4LiFe
12-20-2012, 01:31 AM
Not a fan of Avery. He's promoting iso basketball. You have one of the best P&R point guards in the NBA. He's Mike Browning the Nets

worse.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 01:45 AM
All I got to say is the new team in 2010 that was a game over .500 went to the finals...and the 2nd year won a title. Fact is regular season teams dont win anything...2007-2010 Cavaliers, 2010-2012 Chicago Bulls. Nets will be fine come playoffs, thats where they will step up big time.

Enzo
12-20-2012, 02:00 AM
There's DMF...Why did you disappear in the 4th quarter of the game thread? People were dying to speak with you!!

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 02:02 AM
There's DMF...Why did you disappear in the 4th quarter of the game thread? People were dying to speak with you!!

Why is it my job to be there the entire night? I do and go where I want to go. If im not there im not there cause I dipped and bounced out of there.

lamzoka
12-20-2012, 02:09 AM
one player out their starting lineup (JJ) is new to that system. this is who they are. they were all hyped up by the media and their fans saying there are the best team in NY and all that other bs.
brook lopez is the best center in league:facepalm: ya-da! ya-da
they assembled a bunch of overrated players and a sh!!ty coach. lets stop the excuses. talking about new players to a system 9 out of the knicks 15 man roster are new to this team JKidd - Brewer - Copeland - Prigs - Camby - Sheed - white - Kurt Thomas - Felton. in fact only Melo, Tyson and Stat have been on the roster for more than a calendar year. so let stop all the excuses. this is who there are. SAME 'OL SH!!TY NETS TEAM WE ALL KNOW.

lamzoka
12-20-2012, 02:11 AM
All I got to say is the new team in 2010 that was a game over .500 went to the finals...and the 2nd year won a title. Fact is regular season teams dont win anything...2007-2010 Cavaliers, 2010-2012 Chicago Bulls. Nets will be fine come playoffs, thats where they will step up big time.
The way they playing they might not even make the playoffs.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 02:14 AM
The way they playing they might not even make the playoffs.

you can judge them the last few games ill judge them from 11-4....nets will have home court in the playoffs mark the words

Enzo
12-20-2012, 02:16 AM
Why is it my job to be there the entire night? I do and go where I want to go. If im not there im not there cause I dipped and bounced out of there.

Of course it's your job to be there...you're captain of the ship!!! What kind of captain abandons the ship at the first sign of trouble? What kind of captain are you? :facepalm:

Silent
12-20-2012, 02:16 AM
I never considered them a 55 win team, not even close to that.

Their just not as great as their 3 obnoxious fans on this site would have you believe. There is nothing wrong that, their still a good team.

this there over hyped

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 02:17 AM
Of course it's your job to be there...you're captain of the ship!!! What kind of captain abandons the ship at the first sign of trouble? What kind of captain are you? :facepalm:

lol what the hell? I didnt leave because of that...its because I have a life and dont want to be near the computer the entire night. Not thats its any of your business but I was making love to my gf all night.

lamzoka
12-20-2012, 02:18 AM
you can judge them the last few games ill judge them from 11-4....nets will have home court in the playoffs mark the words

11-4 was a fluke, this is who they are. MARK MY WORDS!

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 02:19 AM
11-4 was a fluke, this is who they are. MARK MY WORDS!

There is no such thing as a fluke that is who they were, then they lost their starting center. They will pick up again once he can get back to playing any amount of minutes.

Enzo
12-20-2012, 02:20 AM
lol what the hell? I didnt leave because of that...its because I have a life and dont want to be near the computer the entire night. Not thats its any of your business but I was making love to my gf all night.

I'm calling BS. You're trolling every damn Nets/Knick game and every time the Knicks win or start taking over you dip. I also don't think it's appropriate to call your hand your girlfriend. Just sayin!

ThunderousDemon
12-20-2012, 02:21 AM

How mature of you to let us all know, thank you.

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4586922829349617&pid=1.7

ThunderousDemon
12-20-2012, 02:25 AM
I'm calling BS. You're trolling every damn Nets/Knick game and every time the Knicks win or start taking over you dip. I also don't think it's appropriate to call your hand your girlfriend. Just sayin!

She has a name alright. http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4586922829349617&pid=1.7

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 02:27 AM

I dont know whats going on with you but most people have gfs so if you dont believe I have one there must be something going on in your life where you are lonley. My gf is a bigger Net fan then I am, but all in all we just watch for the fun...we dont get angry or get happy after losses and wins we just enjoy the Nets.

Enzo
12-20-2012, 02:30 AM
She has a name alright. http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4586922829349617&pid=1.7

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Chill_Will_24
12-20-2012, 02:32 AM
Yes and it's at the PF spot

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 02:34 AM
Nets are a home court team in the playoffs right now what about all the teams below the Nets where are their threads? I heard Celtics are the deepest team in the league before the season started.

lamzoka
12-20-2012, 02:40 AM
Nets are a home court team in the playoffs right now what about all the teams below the Nets where are their threads? I heard Celtics are the deepest team in the league before the season started.

No they are not. as of right now they are tied with the Celtics for the 7th seed which gives them miami in the 1st round on the road :p
homecourt belongs to the top 4 seed

RonE Coleman
12-20-2012, 02:41 AM
I dont know whats going on with you but most people have gfs so if you dont believe I have one there must be something going on in your life where you are lonley. My gf is a bigger Net fan then I am, but all in all we just watch for the fun...we dont get angry or get happy after losses and wins we just enjoy the Nets.

Yet your the same person who claims to get thrown out of games at MSG cause your sucha hardass :laugh:

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 02:42 AM
No they are not. as of right now they are tied with the Celtics for the 7th seed which gives them miami in the 1st round on the road :p
homecourt belongs to the top 4 seed

oh no......we're terrified

Nets can take anyone they are built for it

Enzo
12-20-2012, 02:42 AM
This thread is hilarious LOL

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 02:45 AM
Yet your the same person who claims to get thrown out of games at MSG cause your sucha hardass :laugh:

While the game is going on I play a part just like the basketball players.. I am a fan. When the game is over its about life...its about making love to my girlfriend.

RonE Coleman
12-20-2012, 02:46 AM
This thread is hilarious LOL

Joe Johnson... Key to Victory :laugh:

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 02:50 AM
Joe Johnson... Key to Victory :laugh:

Ask the pistons after that game winner, ask the Suns how far they fell after Joe. Joe is the key to victory.

lamzoka
12-20-2012, 02:53 AM
Ask the pistons after that game winner, ask the Suns how far they fell after Joe. Joe is the key to victory.

the suns best years were with nash, raja bell, shawn marion and stat. JOE JOHSON is overrated

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 02:55 AM
the suns best years were with nash, raja bell, shawn marion and stat. JOE JOHSON is overrated

Yeah Joe played with Nash, Marion and STAT.....Joe meant so much to the Suns

ThunderousDemon
12-20-2012, 02:59 AM
While the game is going on I play a part just like the basketball players.. I am a fan. When the game is over its about life...its about making love to my girlfriend.

:laugh:

Thanks for the laugh. :hi5:

Enzo
12-20-2012, 03:00 AM

http://imageshack.us/a/img24/3631/disgustedd.gif

ThunderousDemon
12-20-2012, 03:01 AM
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3631/disgustedd.gif

:laugh2:

lamzoka
12-20-2012, 03:04 AM

Joe Johnson never played with Nash. he played with stat and marion. get it right

znick21
12-20-2012, 03:28 AM
Joe Johnson never played with Nash. he played with stat and marion. get it right

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHO/2005.html

not trying to defend dmf or jill, but they did play together in 04-05. i thought that team was gonna win it all that season.

Mayweather&NYK
12-20-2012, 03:34 AM
Broke-lyn Nets 13-12... :)

D-Leethal
12-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Andray Blatche is the best player on the Nets.

strahan92osi72
12-20-2012, 10:17 AM

Yup, check. The Nets still blow.

GiantsSwaGG
12-20-2012, 10:18 AM
As funny as this may sound, I still think the Nets are the only threat to the Knicks

strahan92osi72
12-20-2012, 10:18 AM

Yeah sure, and I went to space last night.:eyebrow:

2-ONE-5
12-20-2012, 10:25 AM

LOL great post, classic.

As funny as this may sound, I still think the Nets are the only threat to the Knicks

based on what? 2 blowouts and one horrible choke job?

Why not Miami, ya know the DEFENDING CHAMPS

yaswaggin
12-20-2012, 10:29 AM

LOL great post, classic.

based on what? 2 blowouts and one horrible choke job?

Why not Miami, ya know the DEFENDING CHAMPS

Knicks fans think the regular season victories over the heat matter

nycericanguy
12-20-2012, 10:29 AM

:laugh:

DMF... how you doing today? I like you man...I'm a fan of the DMF fanclub.

NYJ - NYY
12-20-2012, 10:41 AM

sure is....for the other team :clap:

benzni
12-20-2012, 10:46 AM
I hope at this point, people realize that the Knicks are better than the Nets. Don't let DMF spread his stupidness or "homerism" onto you

NYJ - NYY
12-20-2012, 11:16 AM
i thought dmf was a girl number 1? and if he/SHE is and is making love to her gf thats pretty cool...if thats thats the deal i like u and can ignore ur ignorant out of ur *** statements because a girl with a girlfriend is a friend of mine :D

colinskik
12-20-2012, 11:22 AM
This has been a very enjoyable thread so far ... DMF is some sort of comedian. Just a tip for you, pal. If you use your gf and "making love to her" as an excuse on an Internet forum, it's clear as day that you ain't got no gf. But I'm not saying you should stop with these bogus claims because, as I said up top, it's pure comedy. (Gold, Jerry! Gold!)

Back on topic: Deron's main problem is he's settling for his outside shot instead of taking it to the rack. There was one play last night that looked like the Deron of old -- racing it up the court for an easy layup after a Knicks basket that had the Garden hyped. He needs to do more of that, more often. And I think his shot will eventually start falling ... he'll be the Nets go to guy by the time playoffs roll around. (He better be or else the Nets are royally screwed.)

Now, can someone explain to me why Avery is a bad coach for the Nets? I understand he coaches ISO ball, but JJ is an ISO player! I don't see why he can't start throwing some more PnR plays into the fray... Someone enlighten me.

kobe4thewinbang
12-20-2012, 11:23 AM
The Nets could easily have a better record. Keep losing their focus, missing 3's and losing close games on their own court. They're still trying to establish their new core, but it's going to take time and not being focused is a problem. When they're thinking clearly, they can beat anyone.

JasonJohnHorn
12-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Yeah.. they are still learning to play together... the thing is, they need to ALL play well at the same time. They have streaky players... like last night D-Will shot the ball very well. They need that from him every night. Lopez and Humph rebounded the ball well, but JJ and Wallace were 7-21 last night. If you have JJ and Wallace shot like they usually do, and Lopez and Brook both rebound the ball and shoot .500, this roster is a 60-win team. There is likley not a single team who could beat BK in a 7 game series if their starters are all playing to their full potential every night. The thing is, they don't do that. Maybe its coaching (I like Avery though), maybe it's just the players. I mean, D-Will is just not playing as well as he did under Sloan and that is a big part of the problem, because if he was playing like he did as well in Utah, the rest of this team would be playing SO much better.

BSplaya2121
12-20-2012, 11:46 AM
definition of a bait thread.... SMH..... nets are a good team, they will get it, I dont expect Deron Williams to continue to underpreform, especially after seeing what he could do last year. This team has the capibility of playing extremely hard on a given night, on both sides of the basketball, they will be a tough team in the playoffs. With that being said they are not a 50-55 win team, but 45 wins? absolutely i can see that

D-Leethal
12-20-2012, 11:53 AM
I hope at this point, people realize that the Knicks are better than the Nets. Don't let DMF spread his stupidness or "homerism" onto you

Sorry, but all summer all we heard from all the experts, everyone on this forum, and from the whole Nets roster was that the Nets were the best team in NY. Gotta let us enjoy our moment in the sun.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Sorry, but all summer all we heard from all the experts, everyone on this forum, and from the whole Nets roster was that the Nets were the best team in NY. Gotta let us enjoy our moment in the sun.

ugh they are the best team in ny and atlantic

NYJ - NYY
12-20-2012, 12:02 PM

haha back at it.. keep it goin till 5 when im out of work need to laugh

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 12:06 PM
haha back at it.. keep it goin till 5 when im out of work need to laugh

I dont have to keep going for anything 4 of Knicks starters are role players, you dont win like that.

AddiX
12-20-2012, 12:08 PM
I think the nets will be fine, but watching them last night they really seemed to lack leadership.

Not really sure why Wallace and humphries aren't slashing to the hoop more often, but offensively BK needs more out of them.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 12:11 PM
You need help in the playoffs its a totally different animal, ask Lebron who for years had the best record in the east but then once playoffs began he found out role players dont win games. Thats the knicks problem is nobody can take them seriously. Even the bulls had a great record but one star around role players doesnt get the job done.

2-ONE-5
12-20-2012, 12:13 PM

LOL based on what? 0-3 vs NYK with a 13-12 record. But yea they're awesome.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 12:16 PM
lol based on what? 0-3 vs nyk with a 13-12 record. But yea they're awesome.

0-3?

D-Leethal
12-20-2012, 12:17 PM
I dont have to keep going for anything 4 of Knicks starters are role players, you dont win like that.

Tell that to the Mavericks.

I think the nets will be fine, but watching them last night they really seemed to lack leadership.

Not really sure why Wallace and humphries aren't slashing to the hoop more often, but offensively BK needs more out of them.

They have no balls on that team. Their bigs are as soft as they come, Deron just comes up with excuse after excuse as to why he sucks this year. I don't think I've heard Joe Johnson say one word or communicate in one huddle all season.

There is no heart and no leadership for sure. Blatche is the only guy who plays with a pulse.

D-Leethal
12-20-2012, 12:18 PM
You need help in the playoffs its a totally different animal, ask Lebron who for years had the best record in the east but then once playoffs began he found out role players dont win games. Thats the knicks problem is nobody can take them seriously. Even the bulls had a great record but one star around role players doesnt get the job done.

Amare at his complete and utter worst is an 18 ppg scorer on 50% shooting.

Thats a second option. Role players don't put up 18-8.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Tell that to the Mavericks.

They have no balls on that team. Their bigs are as soft as they come, Deron just comes up with excuse after excuse as to why he sucks this year. I don't think I've heard Joe Johnson say one word or communicate in one huddle all season.

There is no heart and no leadership for sure. Blatche is the only guy who plays with a pulse.

Mavs had a lot deeper of a team it wasnt a team full of old guys who cant even get on the court....or a starting sf that cant make a layup.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Amare at his complete and utter worst is an 18 ppg scorer on 50% shooting.

Thats a second option. Role players don't put up 18-8.

that was last year....

D-Leethal
12-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Mavs had a lot deeper of a team it wasnt a team full of old guys who cant even get on the court....or a starting sf that cant make a layup.

If you adjust for minutes played, the Mavericks were older than the Knicks are this year.

Deshawn Stevenson was a starting SG who couldn't make a layup. They played guys like Peja Stojakovic big minutes off the bench.

Prove that the Mavs were deeper.

D-Leethal
12-20-2012, 12:23 PM
that was last year....

Isn't that the best evidence we have to judge him?

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 12:31 PM
If you adjust for minutes played, the Mavericks were older than the Knicks are this year.

Deshawn Stevenson was a starting SG who couldn't make a layup. They played guys like Peja Stojakovic big minutes off the bench.

Prove that the Mavs were deeper.

and knicks start ronnie brewer, felton and 40 yr old Kidd who cant guard a fly...

sammyvine
12-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Deron is gonna be like Amare imo. In other words the player that got the huge $100m contract to the big market team but failed to deliver.

He was a product of Soloan. He can't carry a team like CP3 or Rose does.

Tysons_Beard
12-20-2012, 12:45 PM

there is literally 0 logic here

QueensG_718
12-20-2012, 12:52 PM
I loved the mock "brrroooooookkklllyynn" chants lol

Tysons_Beard
12-20-2012, 12:54 PM

:D you're a nice person

we will see after season's end

lamzoka
12-20-2012, 01:01 PM
and knicks start ronnie brewer, felton and 40 yr old Kidd who cant guard a fly...

this is the type of guy the nets are missing. A LEADER.
The nets kinda reminds me of the knicks last year.

torocan
12-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Still too early to say.

Honestly, they're right on schedule as far as I'm concerned and we won't know more until January.

This is how I saw it back on Oct. 20.

40-45. Hard to measure with so many players injured right now.

Brooklyn has Talent... but they just don't have enough time to build the chemistry needed to come out strong right out of the gate.

Let's take a hypothetical, and say it takes 2 months to Gel to reasonable level (Christmas). Let's assume that once they've reasonably gelled, they would be a 50/82 win team (60% win rate). Let's say that while they're gelling they're a .500 team on average (weaker out of the gate, progressively stronger as they move forward).

In that time they're playing Playoff contenders a total of 15/31 times.

If they win 55% of the non-playoff contender games (8), and win 45% of the playoff contender games (7), that's a 15/31 record. If they then win 60% of the remaining games (26), that gets them 41.

It's possible they gel faster, but I wouldn't have them gelling any faster than 6 weeks. That's 9 affected games.

Chicago, Utah, NY, Phi, Boston, Milw, Charlotte, Cleveland, and the Spurs. Of those, 6 of those teams will be contenders (Love and Rubio will be back of Milwaukee) most likely. Chicago MAY be a contender -- they tend to be strong during the regular season even without Rose.

They might steal an extra game or even three in that 9 game stretch.

This still puts them in the 40-45 game win range.

My assumptions could be way off... but that's how I see it.

Now, if they gel slower than expected and don't get their crap together by the 2nd week of January, it's hard to see them being much better than a .500 team in terms of wins. At that point their goal is to get a 7th or 8th seed and roll the dice in the play offs.

Could the Nets still completely implode this year? Sure. However history tends to tell us that teams of veterans tend to find their footing if given sufficient time.

Not ready to write off the Nets in terms of getting to the play offs, whether they can get out of the 1st round will depend a lot on whether they can climb to the 6th seed or not.

Luckily for them, the Eastern Conference is weak as heck.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 01:03 PM
I loved the mock "brrroooooookkklllyynn" chants lol

How were they mocked? Those were Net fans...if it was mocking it would have been "NEEWWWW YORKKKK" those were Nets fans man.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 01:04 PM
this is the type of guy the nets are missing. A LEADER.
The nets kinda reminds me of the knicks last year.

if your leader is one of your worst players that is pretty bad

lamzoka
12-20-2012, 01:05 PM
How were they mocked? Those were Net fans...if it was mocking it would have been "NEEWWWW YORKKKK" those were Nets fans man.

so nets fans are chanting brooklyn after being down by 18? :facepalm:

lamzoka
12-20-2012, 01:07 PM
if your leader is one of your worst players that is pretty bad

how the f@#K JKidd the worst player on our roster. remember the last game we played in brooklyn? remember what he did at the end of the game? :cool:

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 01:08 PM
so nets fans are chanting brooklyn after being down by 18? :facepalm:

yeah they wanted to show they were in the house, it was net fans.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 01:09 PM
how the f@#K JKidd the worst player on our roster. remember the last game we played in brooklyn? remember what he did at the end of the game? :cool:

because he could hardly move, if you want to say Jkidd is one of your best players that is pretty bad for your team then.

NYJ - NYY
12-20-2012, 01:11 PM

works against the nets...

:shrug:

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 01:13 PM
works against the nets...

:shrug:

we are a playoff team just like the heat we dont need to win in the regular season it doesnt matter. honestly you see these teams who get these many wins are dead tired come playoffs and usually dont win anything. the championship teams pace themselves. Knicks acted like that regular season game last night was a championship game to them, its funny to us we dont get up for games against them because it doesnt mean anything to us.

NYJ - NYY
12-20-2012, 01:16 PM
we are a playoff team just like the heat we dont need to win in the regular season it doesnt matter. honestly you see these teams who get these many wins are dead tired come playoffs and usually dont win anything. the championship teams pace themselves. Knicks acted like that regular season game last night was a championship game to them, its funny to us we dont get up for games against them because it doesnt mean anything to us.

defending champion heat last year ... sub 500 record nets last year... only thing you are "just like" is they are both basketball teams.. about it... and the nets are pacing themselves to a 44 win season and a 7th seed... cmon guy get prokerovs, derons, and jj's nuts outchya mouth

lamzoka
12-20-2012, 01:16 PM
The knicks is # 1 in the east, 2nd best record in the league. Melo playing on a MVP level, Woodson is an early candidate for coach of the year, Raymond Felton might be the most improve player of the year, while your nets is 2-8 in their last 10. barely over .500. Deron Williams is the candidate for most disappointed star in the league.

Patrick Ewing33
12-20-2012, 01:20 PM
because he could hardly move, if you want to say Jkidd is one of your best players that is pretty bad for your team then.Jason Kidd is the best thing that happened to us..

Now its my turn, Joe Johnson is horrible, D-Will is overrated and is playing aweful since he came to the Nets and Lopez is injury prone. And they all make mega money.

I fully believe DMF is Charles Barkley. They both suck the Nets hard and find every way possible to find a negitive after winning.

Patrick Ewing33
12-20-2012, 01:22 PM
we are a playoff team just like the heat we dont need to win in the regular season it doesnt matter. honestly you see these teams who get these many wins are dead tired come playoffs and usually dont win anything. the championship teams pace themselves. Knicks acted like that regular season game last night was a championship game to them, its funny to us we dont get up for games against them because it doesnt mean anything to us.Did you just compare the Nets to the Heat? Stop disrespecting the Heat and Nets fans.

As to the second bold.. So you expect the Knicks to walk around like zombies. I mean they care about winning so... they celebrate a victory? I dont see anything wrong about this.

lamzoka
12-20-2012, 01:26 PM
Deron Williams played decent on a loosing team last season, just bcuz it was a contract year for him. now he got his $$$, he could careless about anything else. this is the difference between a winner and a looser.

SINCESTARBURY25
12-20-2012, 01:27 PM
This is so good. Being from Georgia I watch all the Hawks games. Joe Johnson shrank every year in the play offs. This team is not what you think Nets fans. Its a decent team in super star clothing.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 01:29 PM
In case you mised Dwill in the playoffs that is when he goes crazy he had 5 games in a row of 20 pts and 10 asssists....he is a diff man come playoff time.

SINCESTARBURY25
12-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Btw you guys have no idea what a leader is. Jason Kidd is like a second coach. Just because he isn't averaging 18-7 doesn't mean he isn't great. He has years upon years of experience and a high b-ball i.q. the dude knows how to put a team together and control guys like J.R. Tyson and even Melo. Thats what the Nets lack is a leader. Just because he is averaging 8 points and like 3 assist doesn't mean jack. This guy speaks volumes to this team. It shows by the record and how well the chemistry is going.

torocan
12-20-2012, 01:30 PM
we are a playoff team just like the heat

Yah, sorry you don't get to use the "just like the Heat" moniker unless you're on a PROVEN deep play off team.

Boston can say that. The Spurs can say that. OKC can say that.

The Nets? No. No. Nyet.

Patrick Ewing33
12-20-2012, 01:31 PM
In case you mised Dwill in the playoffs that is when he goes crazy he had 5 games in a row of 20 pts and 10 asssists....he is a diff man come playoff time.When he was actually good.

Stinkyoutsider
12-20-2012, 01:31 PM
It's going to take the Nets about 40 more games for us to see if all the changes to the squad made them a better team or not. They made a lot of moves in one season so I think it's going to be an up and down first half of the season for them until they figure it out.

I do think Avery Johnson's system is not fitting the team though. If I remember correctly, Johnson runs an isolation type offense and I think the Nets are struggling with finding players who can beat their man one on one. When Lopez is in the lineup, they always have an easy way to run the offense. Just dump the ball in the post. Joe Johnson is struggling beating his man and Williams is playing hurt so it's harder for him to beat his man.

I think the Nets do lack finishers. Brooks is the only guy off the bench I would feel confident in finishing plays. Joe Johnson is a jumpshooter at this stage in his career and Wallace seems to be fitting into the system as a jumpshooter as well. Not attacking the basket and finishing plays at the rim. Just jumpshots...

JayW_1023
12-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Not enough ball movement, Brook Lopez obviously frustrated with guards over handling the ball. This makes him less inclined to move baseline or set screens.

No ball movement, no efficient offense.

Joe Johnson and Deron are great ball handlers, but a lot of it is just style over substance. JJ should look at what Durant does, use simple single dribbles to great spacing and good looks stead of taking half of the shot clock to size up.

Deron and JJ need to simplify their offense and give Lopez the touches he got earlier in the year.

Sometimes simplifying your game means more efficiency and more team success. something CARMELO finally started to figure out this year. And it makes NY a better friggin' team.

Deron and JJ have yet to catch on. Jerry Sloan got through to Deron for awhile, but it ended badly.

SINCESTARBURY25
12-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Btw if anyone has noticed. Melo isn't playing ISO ball at all anymore.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Btw if anyone has noticed. Melo isn't playing ISO ball at all anymore.

really he had a ton last night? and he avg less than 2 assists a game

Patrick Ewing33
12-20-2012, 01:35 PM
really he had a ton last night? and he avg less than 2 assists a gameHe's also on a MVP level.

JayW_1023
12-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Jason Kidd is actually one of the best role models for any young PG. You never see him trying to do flashy cross-ups. He just thinks the game, plays with his basketball instincts, makes the right play at the right time.

That's what makes J-Kidd so effective still at 40. Deron should look at him if he wants the Nets to win basketball games.

Stupid dribble tricks are effective when you're iso'ed or play pickup games. Leave that stuff when you execute an NBA offense.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 01:39 PM
He's also on a MVP level.

MVPs dont avg 2 assists a game, Durant is on an MVP level...just cause Carmelo is having a good year you dont forget about Durant and Lebron/

Patrick Ewing33
12-20-2012, 01:40 PM
MVPs dont avg 2 assists a game, Durant is on an MVP level...just cause Carmelo is having a good year you dont forget about Durant and Lebron/He's on an MVP level.

NYJ - NYY
12-20-2012, 01:42 PM
MVPs dont avg 2 assists a game, Durant is on an MVP level...just cause Carmelo is having a good year you dont forget about Durant and Lebron/

He's on an MVP level

Patrick Ewing33
12-20-2012, 01:46 PM
MVPs dont avg 2 assists a game, Durant is on an MVP level...just cause Carmelo is having a good year you dont forget about Durant and Lebron/Can I ask you a question? Do you like sucking your girlfriends dick?

Rockice_8
12-20-2012, 01:51 PM
I think they'll be fine. They have a ton of talent and talent wins in the end. They're hot start was nice but people started to expect more from a new team.

D-Will has been subpar but I don't see him playing like this all year and if they can shore up the PF spot with a more complete player then Hump they'll turn it around and be a very tough playoff out. Their lineup still needs a bit of tinkering and so does their offense.

lamzoka
12-20-2012, 01:59 PM

28PPG

6.2 RBs

EFF+ 23.10

KniCks4LiFe
12-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Jason Kidd is actually one of the best role models for any young PG. You never see him trying to do flashy cross-ups. He just thinks the game, plays with his basketball instincts, makes the right play at the right time.

That's what makes J-Kidd so effective still at 40. Deron should look at him if he wants the Nets to win basketball games.

Stupid dribble tricks are effective when you're iso'ed or play pickup games. Leave that stuff when you execute an NBA offense.

he really is the key to the season offensively.

J-Kidd has helped fix the Knicks offense. Want to hear what it is? It's D'Antoni's system + Melo. All that has happened is Kidd simply tells Melo one thing. When you get the ball and are double teamed and can't drive, kick it out, it will come back to you. :laugh2:

NYK4L
12-20-2012, 02:31 PM

Its New York pride. It should mean something to the nets. Poor Brooklyn :facepalm:

colinskik
12-20-2012, 02:44 PM
In case you mised Dwill in the playoffs that is when he goes crazy he had 5 games in a row of 20 pts and 10 asssists....he is a diff man come playoff time.
How can you use his playoff history to back up your argument and then also say that Amare's numbers from last year mean nothing because this is a new year.

You have to get you head out your ***, brotha. You seriously sound like a stupid baby.

RonE Coleman
12-20-2012, 03:02 PM
DoMeFavors is obv just a Heat fan in disguise :laugh:

D-Leethal
12-20-2012, 03:15 PM

Kidd's positional team defense is as good as it gets.

LOL. Yea, Nets fans were bragging that they were 'in the house' down 20 points with under 2 mins left. :facepalm:

he really is the key to the season offensively.

J-Kidd has helped fix the Knicks offense. Want to hear what it is? It's D'Antoni's system + Melo. All that has happened is Kidd simply tells Melo one thing. When you get the ball and are double teamed and can't drive, kick it out, it will come back to you. :laugh2:

We have dramatically slowed down the pace of our game and are strictly a half court team. Its definitely more than playing Mike D ball and Melo. Our offensive sets are pretty much all new this season. Woodson took from Mike D the importance of the 3 ball and pick and roll but thats it. The sets in which we get our 3 balls and pick and rolls are not nearly the same.

DoMeFavors is obv just a Heat fan in disguise :laugh:

I actually find him/her/it highly entertaining. He/she/it says so much stupid **** and actually believes it. Its hilarious.

thrice4
12-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Whatever happened to Donte Green being an all star like you said, domefavors? He's hurt but I'm so sure it will happen next year.... And nets being better than the knicks?

RonE Coleman
12-20-2012, 03:32 PM
The New Jersey Nets!

29$JerZ
12-20-2012, 03:51 PM
It must kill DMF that my 8th seed prediction for her team is looking more and more likely as she opens her mouth.

That's why I said wait more than a few weeks to talk any smack, especially for a lotto team last season.
Brooklyn still has plenty of games to turn it around. Enjoy your team being relevant first.

WAYNEBO
12-20-2012, 04:18 PM
The biggest moron on this site cannot be debated. Beetlejuice and the other 2 Nets Trolls will be gone by mid-January.

Daaaarryyl
12-20-2012, 04:25 PM

I thought you were making love to your gf? :facepalm:

Daaaarryyl
12-20-2012, 04:28 PM
The biggest moron on this site cannot be debated. Beetlejuice and the other 2 Nets Trolls will be gone by mid-January.

I'll bet everything I have DMF becomes a Heat fan soon..

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 05:28 PM
It must kill DMF that my 8th seed prediction for her team is looking more and more likely as she opens her mouth.

That's why I said wait more than a few weeks to talk any smack, especially for a lotto team last season.
Brooklyn still has plenty of games to turn it around. Enjoy your team being relevant first.

well my 1st seed prediction is likely since 2 weeks ago they were in 1st...there are 60 games left. We aint worried.

29$JerZ
12-20-2012, 05:38 PM
well my 1st seed prediction is likely since 2 weeks ago they were in 1st...there are 60 games left. We aint worried.

Well let's see..
Boston has the same record as Brooklyn so they can get the number 1 spot with that logic.
Orlando is only a game behind you and they lost Howard.
Atlanta loss the great star Joe Johnson and still have a better winning record than the Nets. I'd even argue that they are way better without him.

8th seed looks more likely right now for the Nets. Seeing as how we are speaking about conditions right now 8th seed it the likely fit.

And you shouldn't use the term "we" when you are referring to yourself

WAYNEBO
12-20-2012, 05:56 PM

You are truly an idiot of epic proportions. The day before the playoffs start and your team is an 8th seed, you'll still be "going down on your ship" aka Nets dickriding.

GodsSon
12-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Why are people surprised by their struggles?

They just aren't a very good team and D-Will's game has fallen off of a cliff since leaving Utah.

Enzo
12-20-2012, 07:14 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img585/3695/taped.png

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Well let's see..
Boston has the same record as Brooklyn so they can get the number 1 spot with that logic.
Orlando is only a game behind you and they lost Howard.
Atlanta loss the great star Joe Johnson and still have a better winning record than the Nets. I'd even argue that they are way better without him.

8th seed looks more likely right now for the Nets. Seeing as how we are speaking about conditions right now 8th seed it the likely fit.

And you shouldn't use the term "we" when you are referring to yourself

Nets have beaten Boston twice and Orlando 3 times.....get those wack teams out of here

29$JerZ
12-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Nets have beaten Boston twice and Orlando 3 times.....get those wack teams out of here

Yet they have the same record as Brooklyn.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 08:08 PM

tie breakers mean something , those teams are inferior to the nets....do you honestly think in the end Orlando will be better than the Nets? or the Celtics? come on now one team sucks and the other team is so old they are going to be worse as the season goes along. Maybe the raptors that you said would be in the playoffs will make it over the nets aswell....that was one of the worst predictions ive ever seen and you lose all credibility with that one.

D-Leethal
12-20-2012, 08:12 PM

The fat dude in the blue shirt lifting his head simultaneously with Mike Woodson is ****ing hilarious.

KnickaBocka.44
12-20-2012, 08:13 PM
DMF telling other posters they have no credibility...I have truly seen it all.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2012, 08:16 PM
DMF telling other posters they have no credibility...I have truly seen it all.

no its just he is letting his biases get to him, I dont have any biases...I look at all other 28 teams that I dont like as the same I dont like them. I dont hate one team more than the other. Its just that I am a passionate fan.

KnickaBocka.44
12-20-2012, 09:03 PM
no its just he is letting his biases get to him, I dont have any biases...I look at all other 28 teams that I dont like as the same I dont like them. I dont hate one team more than the other. Its just that I am a passionate fan.

You just admitted in this post that you are biased. :facepalm:

NYJ - NYY
12-20-2012, 09:44 PM
I wonder what the nets would think of dmf? They would have to laugh right?

29$JerZ
12-20-2012, 10:34 PM
tie breakers mean something , those teams are inferior to the nets....do you honestly think in the end Orlando will be better than the Nets? or the Celtics? come on now one team sucks and the other team is so old they are going to be worse as the season goes along. Maybe the raptors that you said would be in the playoffs will make it over the nets aswell....that was one of the worst predictions ive ever seen and you lose all credibility with that one.

Coming from the one go say patriots of NBA I take that as a complement
Truth hurts girl, deal with it.

Half your wins and from teams you say are awful yet have the same record as you.

Keep being in denial. You are only setting yourself up for a let down.
Enjoy the Nets success. It's really sad how your own words you can't seem to agree with.