PDA

View Full Version : Celtics are interested in Evans

Stunner
12-19-2012, 06:28 PM
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Boston likes (Tyreke Evans). Not sure they have the assets to acquire him. Once upon a time they were willing to give up Rondo to draft him, but those days are over. I'm not sure he's a future all-star. Never learned how to shoot, play defense or play with others. Physical talents are all there, but physical talents alone don't get you into All-Star games. ESPN.com

justinnum1
12-19-2012, 06:35 PM
evans is awful

TheNumber37
12-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Under Doc Rivers and KG, Pierce and Rondo he could be VERY useful.

kingsdelez24
12-19-2012, 06:38 PM
He's been shooting much better over the last few games he has played

Bradley, Green, Fab Melo and 2 first round picks for Tyreke and Salmons

Stunner
12-19-2012, 06:40 PM
I could see Pierce for Evans , Outlaw and Hayes

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-19-2012, 06:41 PM
He sucks.

bucketss
12-19-2012, 06:42 PM
wouldn't be suprised if they give up pierce lmao

SACNYY
12-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Rondo

NYYCowboys
12-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Given a change of scenery, with a system he can thrive in, and a good coach I'm sure Evans could become an all-star. If he stays with the Kings, he's doomed.

--23--
12-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Why are they interested in him? they need a big to help KG and their rebounding woes.

Raps08-09 Champ
Jeff Green + could work.

Celticsfan2007
I posted this yesterday in the Celtics forum, but here you go for general NBA fans:

ESPN's Chad Ford is speculating that Danny Ainge and the Celtics could make a run at out of favor Sacramento King Tyreke Evans.

The Kings are a mess and Evans' style of play doesn't help things, and, again, his stock is so low, I'm not sure what the value will be. One team to watch is the Celtics -- Danny Ainge loved him before the draft. I'm not sure Boston has the assets to get a deal done, but I could see them trying to make something happen.

Tyreke is a talent, but the biggest red flag here is that he's another 2 guard and the Celtics are a team full of 2 guards. Ainge was rumored to have tried to trade Rajon Rondo to move up to draft Evans a few years back, so Ford is correct to mention the Celtics as a possible suitor. Tyreke's best season was his rookie year, which is never a good sign (See Eric Montross). My guess is that the Kings would ask for Avery Bradley (which the Celtics shouldn't do) or Jared Sullinger (which would only make sense as part of a larger deal possibly including Jason Thompson).

The Kings would be wise to break up their floundering core. Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins are both knuckleheads and it's hard to win with one those type of guys leading your team, let alone two. One thing about Ainge is he's a gambler, so don't dismiss this rumor as impossible. I'm sure Ainge has already placed a call to the Kings to see what their asking price is (Any GM worth his salt is constantly placing calls like this).

What would you trade for Tyreke (try to make it somewhat realistic)? Or do you have zero desire to see Evans in Boston?

http://www.celticslife.com/2012/12/rumor-celtics-may-make-another-run-at.html

A rumored trade that sounds very possible for both sides would be...

Kings get:
Brandon Bass
Fab Melo
Avery Bradley

Celtics get:
Tyreke Evans
Jason Thompson

Throw in draft picks either way and this could be a potential deal... Although Brandon Bass cannot be traded until January 15th at the earliest.

Jint.
12-19-2012, 06:48 PM
a change of scenery would do him wonders..

HouRealCoach
12-19-2012, 06:49 PM
If Evans got to play for Doc Rivers he would become much better

bucketss
12-19-2012, 06:50 PM
rondo and evans starting lol they should also trade for derozan to play the 3, they can break the record for most bricked threes

Blink
12-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Id love to get Avery Bradley..

Celticsfan2007
12-19-2012, 06:59 PM
rondo and evans starting lol they should also trade for derozan to play the 3, they can break the record for most bricked threes

Rondo and Tyreke running a fast break together would be like the east coast version of Lob City.

I personally would be ok with that back court so long and we still have JET and Paul Pierce hitting 3's.

Monta is beast
12-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Not to be off topic. But I'm surprised the Celtics aren't interested in Andris Biedrins. They need someone who can rebound and defend which he can do. And I think if you put him on a team with a Point Guard that penetrates, he can get back to his double double days. He has good hands for a big man, it's just the Warriors don't have many players that like to drive. His free throw shooting has been better this season, and the ark on his free throws are way better. See what he did with Baron Davis.

Celticsfan2007
12-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Not to be off topic. But I'm surprised the Celtics aren't interested in Andris Biedrins. They need someone who can rebound and defend which he can do. And I think if you put him on a team with a Point Guard that penetrates, he can get back to his double double days. He has good hands for a big man, it's just the Warriors don't have many players that like to drive. His free throw shooting has been better this season, and the ark on his free throws are way better. See what he did with Baron Davis.

It's hard to acquire a guy with his type of inflated salary. He would be a good fit for the C's, but the salaries and players just don't add up.

Biedrins is making 9m this season IIRC.

Monta is beast
12-19-2012, 07:22 PM
It's hard to acquire a guy with his type of inflated salary. He would be a good fit for the C's, but the salaries and players just don't add up.

Biedrins is making 9m this season IIRC.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d6euadd

Have the Warriors take on the extra $2,660,275.

JLynn943
12-19-2012, 07:28 PM
I posted this yesterday in the Celtics forum, but here you go for general NBA fans:

Kings get:
Brandon Bass
Fab Melo
Avery Bradley

Celtics get:
Tyreke Evans
Jason Thompson

Throw in draft picks either way and this could be a potential deal... Although Brandon Bass cannot be traded until January 15th at the earliest.

I'll pass. Tyreke has been playing much better (and even shooting better) lately, and JT is about the only consistent player we have and can play both PF and C.

I'm obviously biased, but I think Tyreke is undervalued by most people right now and will play himself into higher value by the trade deadline. Plus he says he wants to stay in Sacramento to prove that he's a franchise-caliber player. There's no reason for us to give up on a player with his talent that actually wants to be on the Kings. If he continues to improve his shooting, he's a top 20-30 player imo.

I'd also love to know how Tyreke is "out of favor." Sounds like speculation simply based on the Kings being bad.

allSUAVE
12-19-2012, 07:33 PM
i thought it would be Reggie Evans, but :facepalm:

greg_ory_2005
12-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Tyreke would be a nice guy to buy low on. I still feel he can be a star type player in the right situation.

AddiX
12-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Evans needs to get away from his team of rugrats before it's to late.

I've never seen such a team of talented retards in my life.

b@llhog24
12-19-2012, 08:25 PM
He could use a change of scenery, although the spacing in a Rondo, Evans backcourt makes me :puke:

GiantsSwaGG
12-19-2012, 08:27 PM
He's trash!

TheTreys
12-19-2012, 08:48 PM
SAC - gets F Wilson Chandler, G Evan Fournier, C Fab Melo, and 1st Round Pick via BOS
BOS - gets G Tyreke Evans, and C Chuck Hayes
DEN - gets F Jeff Green, G John Salmons, F Travis Outlaw and 2cd Round Pick via SAC
Bad Trade?

Hawkeye15
12-19-2012, 08:54 PM
I want to say a change of scenery would help Evans, but he is so awful shooting wise, I think the only value he has in as a slicing 2 guard right now. Plus he is due a contract, so I imagine the C's just want to get a rental.

thekmp211
12-19-2012, 09:05 PM
please no, unless we just steal him from Sacramento with his value so low.

KingPosey
12-19-2012, 09:17 PM
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Boston likes (Tyreke Evans). Not sure they have the assets to acquire him. Once upon a time they were willing to give up Rondo to draft him, but those days are over. I'm not sure he's a future all-star. Never learned how to shoot, play defense or play with others. Physical talents are all there, but physical talents alone don't get you into All-Star games. ESPN.com

he never devloped like people wanted, but he played defense from day 1. IDK what youre talking about, and he is also a very willing passer. Whoever wrote this, definitely doesnt watch him play, and thats very easy to see.

KingPosey
12-19-2012, 09:23 PM

Kings get:
Brandon Bass
Fab Melo
Avery Bradley

Celtics get:
Tyreke Evans
Jason Thompson

so the Kings would want another short guard to add to the other 3 we already have? With an already brewing issue on the team of not finding time or how to fit these guys in? How would that make sense?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-19-2012, 09:29 PM
This came from a Chad Ford article speculating about it because DA liked him at the draft a few years ago. Don't see it happening now.

Mishmin
12-19-2012, 09:30 PM
I don't see it. We already know Bradley works well with Rondo. If we had to give him up, I would only want to see a trade for serious size. Gortat perhaps. But even that I'm not high on.

BCpatsox18
12-19-2012, 09:34 PM
The celtics aren't trading Avery Bradley or Jared sullinger, they love them both. For a trade to happen the kings would either have to take some combo of Courtney lee Brandon bass and fillers, or Paul pierce- either of which I don't see them taking

hugepatsfan
12-19-2012, 09:51 PM
I don't want another guard. I wish BOS could package Bass, Fab Melo, and a 1st round pick to get a C to bang inside for like 20 minutes a game. Someone to rebound and block some shots.

Green_Monster
12-19-2012, 09:59 PM

No, Boston would never do that.

Jeff Green + could work.

I could see this. Maybe Lee would go to SAC? I could see something with a base like this.

Jeff Green + Lee for Evans + Filler?

SAC - gets F Wilson Chandler, G Evan Fournier, C Fab Melo, and 1st Round Pick via BOS
BOS - gets G Tyreke Evans, and C Chuck Hayes
DEN - gets F Jeff Green, G John Salmons, F Travis Outlaw and 2cd Round Pick via SAC
Bad Trade?

I think either Boston or Denver needs to send one more piece to Sacramento. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

Sportfan
12-19-2012, 10:01 PM
I wouldn't mind him for Bass/Lee picks MAYBE avery if they add on thompson.

I doubt he fits though. Evans was most successful with the ball in his hand. Doc won't let terry penetrate, i doubt they will let Tyreke. Plus his rebounding/passing goes to waste with rondo there.

he'd be a sexy 6th man though.

Green actually makes sense, they've always needed a PF. Isiah-Thornton-Green-Robinson-Cousins is a lot more rounded then their current team. Tyreke can split time at both wings spot

IversonIsKrazy
12-19-2012, 10:56 PM
I think 'Reke should only be a PG. Until he learns how to shoot, he should play PG, not SG and sure as hell not SF (SAC sometimes plays him in this position). I don't think a backcourt shooting of Rondo/Evans would be interesting at all, it would be ugly.

ThunderousDemon
12-19-2012, 11:09 PM
I'd take him over Duhon, heck, I'd take Fisher over Duhon right now.

mrblisterdundee
12-19-2012, 11:47 PM

The Celtics can't trade Green at this point, and Green is one of the few decent assets they have to pair with Lee in a trade.

69centers
12-19-2012, 11:51 PM
This came from a Chad Ford article speculating about it because DA liked him at the draft a few years ago. Don't see it happening now.

It's all speculation only, and not a stitch of any real proof that the C's or Ainge are interested in Evans. Thread title should read something different, as it's completely false the way it is.

This should be closed, IMO.

JLynn943
12-20-2012, 12:07 AM
It's all speculation only, and not a stitch of any real proof that the C's or Ainge are interested in Evans. Thread title should read something different, as it's completely false the way it is.

This should be closed, IMO.

I agree. There's also nothing pointing to the Kings being willing to trade him.

Wolfman01
12-20-2012, 02:50 AM
The Celtics can offer some of these players Green, Bradley, Bass, Lee, Sullinger, and Melo in a package deal along with draft picks for Evans. I don't think the Celtics has what the Kings want in return for Evans honestly.

Monta is beast
12-20-2012, 05:25 AM
Honestly I see an Evans for Gortat trade going down later in the season.

Kings Faithful
12-20-2012, 05:58 AM
I get that Evans isn't the player we wanted him to be at this point, but he's actually been playing well this year and is starting to show signs of hope with his shooting. There is no way the Kings are going to trade him for players like Gortat and Jeff Green...........

bloomis1307
12-20-2012, 09:35 AM
I'd be more excited about this trade because of Jason Thompson than for Reke.....I think reke would be a nice dynamic addition but Thompson would be the good big addition we need. He rebounds and plays decent defense

Kings get:
Brandon Bass
Fab Melo
Avery Bradley

Celtics get:
Tyreke Evans
Jason Thompson

DerekRE_3
12-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Given a change of scenery, with a system he can thrive in, and a good coach I'm sure Evans could become an all-star. If he stays with the Kings, he's doomed.

Everyone who is on the Kings is doomed.

jer3miah
12-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Why hasnt anyone in here said Courtney Lee. From sportcenter highlights I thought he was in a slump, and the salaries almost match up with Evans. Given you will have fillers in the trade too..... I am assuming it would be Evans for Lee as the core if any trade happens here.

JayW_1023
12-20-2012, 02:05 PM
If I was the Kings I would trade Evans for a bunch of veterans who can help DeMarcus control his temper and channel his potential.

KNICKSTAPE 914
12-20-2012, 02:20 PM
i dont like that for them at all...they would have the worst shooting backcourt in all of basketball...i love rondo but he cant shoot, and im not sure how to feel about evans but he definitely cant shoot either

benzni
12-20-2012, 02:23 PM

:laugh2:

KingPosey
12-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Why hasnt anyone in here said Courtney Lee. From sportcenter highlights I thought he was in a slump, and the salaries almost match up with Evans. Given you will have fillers in the trade too..... I am assuming it would be Evans for Lee as the core if any trade happens here.

All the trades are awful for the kings that I see. Courtney Lee? Stop it lol

Jenceman
12-20-2012, 11:03 PM
I'd throw Sullinger and Avery at them if I'm the Celts. Add Lee and a pick if necessary. Doc could turn Evans back into a star type player. Worth the gamble.

bbcmillionaire
12-20-2012, 11:13 PM
lol boozer and charlottes pick for evans