PDA

View Full Version : Joakim Noah

BcEuAbRsS
12-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Do you feel that he is underrated or overrated? He is pretty much a "point-center" for the Bulls with Rose being out.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/noahjo01.html#all_per_game

D-Leethal
12-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Way way way underrated. He should be DPOY. I love Tyson and everything he's brought to our squad, but I'd flip him for Noah in 2 seconds given the chance.

MintBerryCrunch
12-19-2012, 12:18 PM
He's under rated . I thought he should be a Top 10 Center when we made the rankings, probably a Top 5.

MassoDio
12-19-2012, 12:22 PM
He is over-rated by many Bulls fans.

He is under-rated by most fans of other teams.

kozelkid
12-19-2012, 12:23 PM

This.

JiffyMix88
12-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Love him. Sucks he's gonna stop the six shooters cause I think that **** is hilarious but I can see y

JasonJohnHorn
12-19-2012, 12:29 PM
He's generally rated around where he should be. He had a monster rebounding season in 09/10 and he hasn't returned to that level of rebounding since... so I would like to see him start rebounding as well as he did then, but he's still a great rebounder (though with ten more mintues a game this season he isn't even average an entire rebound more than last season) and amazing defender, and a pretty good passer for a big man, and while not a big scorer, he knows his limits and doesn't step outside them and works as best he can with what he can do.

I think generally most people put him in the top ten among centers, which is where he belongs. There are some big guys who have better rebounding numbers and are better scorers, but he fits in well with the roster he's on and does his job very well. He is a big reason the Bulls have been winning as much as they have the last few seasons.

nycericanguy
12-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Way way way underrated. He should be DPOY. I love Tyson and everything he's brought to our squad, but I'd flip him for Noah in 2 seconds given the chance.

easy there killer...lol

Given the age I'd consider a Noah for Tyson swap, but keep in mind Noah's numbers are a bit inflated this year because he is playing a TON of minutes. but then, its a credit to Noah that he can play so many more minutes than most centers.

13.6/10.6/2.3 on 49% in 40mpg - PER 18.42

Tyson
12.9/10/.9 on 71% in 31mpg. - PER 22.85

Noah is rated just about right, he's a very good center and he has a coach that really suits his game.

ManRam
12-19-2012, 12:36 PM

This.

Like most every other player in the league. He does seem under-appreciated, for sure, but like every player on a team with a huge fanbase, his fans sometimes get carried away.

Lakers4life08
12-19-2012, 12:40 PM
he is star player....far better that soft bigs like Bosh 'aka 3 rebs a game'

ManRam
12-19-2012, 12:53 PM
he is star player....far better that soft bigs like Bosh 'aka 3 rebs a game'

Noah's 17.8% rebound rate for his career is tremendous. But Bosh is far from a slouch himself. 14.6% for his career. This year the gap is only 15.3% to 14.4%. Per 36, Noah only averages one more board.

Noah is an all-world defender, but Bosh brings a ton to the table offensively that Noah doesn't. Different players, no reason to compare...

Or take stupid shots at a player you don't like in a thread that has nothing to do with him :shrug:

Good day!

Mr_Amaziing
12-19-2012, 12:57 PM
He's very Underrated
Got mad Respect for the guy

naps
12-19-2012, 12:58 PM

Bingoo!!

LongIslandIcedZ
12-19-2012, 01:01 PM
I think he's rated pretty fairly.

Probably 1 of the 5-7 best centers in the league.

His passing is so surprising for a big man.

I couldnt stand him at Florida, but he's ended up being a very good player.

SirSkyHook
12-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Noah is a Beast!!!!!! just wanted to post that.

Baller1
12-19-2012, 04:04 PM
In general, probably underrated. He's been very impressive this season.

But I still hate his face.

Shammyguy3
12-19-2012, 04:10 PM
He's generally rated around where he should be. He had a monster rebounding season in 09/10 and he hasn't returned to that level of rebounding since... so I would like to see him start rebounding as well as he did then, but he's still a great rebounder (though with ten more mintues a game this season he isn't even average an entire rebound more than last season) and amazing defender, and a pretty good passer for a big man, and while not a big scorer, he knows his limits and doesn't step outside them and works as best he can with what he can do.

That monster rebounding season was awesome. But it's hard to ask him to return to that level of rebounding because in that season he didn't have Carlos Boozer nor Omer Asik eating up a lot of rebounds (instead he had Brad Miller and Tyrus Thomas). He's just as good of a rebounder as before, but his numbers have dropped because he's on a much better rebounding team collectively than he was during 09/10. Also, this season his rebounding numbers are down because he's playing farther away from the basket.

The offense is consistently run through Noah at the top of the key, and because of his passing game he leads his teammates to baskets in the paint or open shots on the perimeter, which take him out of the rebounding position he'd be in if he wasn't beyond the free throw line trying to set things up so often.

Stunner
12-19-2012, 04:38 PM
I always felt a Gasol and Noah front court would be better than a Howard and Gasol one . But many would disagree with me . Those two would just mesh so perfectly .

c.c.
12-20-2012, 11:03 AM
He's very underrated, he the best center in the league right now

dgreat5000
12-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Under rated to the media, and big networks..they give no respect, probably wont make all star team this year when he deserves to be there

daboywonder2002
12-20-2012, 01:00 PM

should be??? joakim noah is the defensive player of the year. yes its early. but the impact he has. the help defense, the man to man defense, rebounding, shotblocking, pick n roll defense. i got ibaka 2nd again.

uptown0364
12-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Right now Noah is averaging more assists per game than Wade, Durant, Iguodala, Sessions, Stuckey, and Evan Turner. Not bad for a Center.

Stinkyoutsider
12-20-2012, 02:04 PM
I think he's slightly underrated but he's under appreciated though. I think he's an all-star caliber player but I'm not sure he's gotten quite the respect for his overall game and his passion.

I'm hoping he gets picked for the all-star game this year...

One thing that is sorely missing in his game is scoring. It drives me crazy to see defenders totally sag off of him when we're on offense, then he's passed the ball and misses the open jumper. Just another way to exploit the biggest weakness.

I think he does a ton for our team but it would be nice if he could share the things he does with another big on the court so we could have him fresh for the playoffs (if we make it this year). I don't think Boozer is the answer and would have been great if we kept Asik and put him at center and put Noah at the 4 (although we would suffer greatly on offense...)

Jint.
12-20-2012, 02:25 PM
big fan of Noah.. sucks Chicago used the Knicks pick to draft him..

cuttydoesit6
12-20-2012, 02:29 PM
top 5 center, underrated, with dwight out of the east and this conference pretty thin at good centers id say hes an allstar