PDA

View Full Version : Kobe oldest player to score 30 plus in 7 straight games

nickdymez
12-19-2012, 02:01 AM
Incidentally, Kobe has scored at least 30 points in 7 straight games now, the only player 34 or older to do so in NBA history.

Mike Trudell Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-19-2012, 02:09 AM
Amnesty

Andrew32
12-19-2012, 02:10 AM
Very impressive.

Jordan scored 30+ pts 36 times at the age of 34.

Kobe needs 22 more 30pt games to match him I believe.

justinnum1
12-19-2012, 02:11 AM
not hard to score 30 if you are taking 20+ shots a game

shep33
12-19-2012, 02:12 AM
Some stupid shots at the end, but overall a pretty efficient game. 30 7 and 6 on 11-24 shooting... should've had a few more assists but Pau and Dwight missed a couple bunnies (a dunk and two layups). Still playing at a high level for an old bastard... he and Timmy have been great

LA_Raiders
12-19-2012, 02:21 AM
Not bad for an old man...

Mamba Sting
12-19-2012, 02:24 AM
pretty good for a 2nd option who has never been the best player in the league :rolleyes:

Raps08-09 Champ
12-19-2012, 02:29 AM
pretty good for a 2nd option who has never been the best player in the league :rolleyes:

No one said he's a 2nd option now.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-19-2012, 02:29 AM
:clap:

greg_ory_2005
12-19-2012, 02:30 AM
Cool I guess. But all that matters is if they win or not.

Avenged
12-19-2012, 02:33 AM
Not really a big deal. He can score, we know it.

Get us some wins!!!

BULLSFAN0810
12-19-2012, 02:54 AM

y r u alwaays hating ..NO ONE ON YOUR TEAM CAN SHOOT....EXCEPT RAY ALLEN . GO TO YOUR FORUM AND HATE ON YOUR PAMPERED AZZ STAR... I ACTUALLY DISLIKE YOU. I CONSIDER YOU DUMB,,,YOU AND THAT LAME BUCKETS AND SWASHCUF. DO YOU KNOW WHO YOUR TALKING ABOUT ? YOU LAME *** DUDE. YOU TALKING ABOUT THE GUY YOUR GUY WISH HE WAS LIKE. YOU TALKING ABOUT A GREAT ALL LEGENDS RESPECT...UNLIKE YOUR GUY. MJ GIVES KOBE PROPS AND THAT CLOSES GUY THUS FAR . THE DUDE YOU SUCK UP DOESNT GARNER THE SAME RESPECT FROM HIS PEERS NOW. SO STAY IN YOUR ONE HORSE TOWN AND STFU,LET THE REFS BAIL YOU OUT(WHO GETS OUT REBOUNDED BY 30 AND WINS? REF HELP? YA THINK!!! BAIL OUT CITY OVER THERE... FYI ...THE LEAGUE COULDNT STANDa MARQUEE GUY LOSING LIKE LBJ DID...IT LOOKS BAD...YOU CAN SEND YOUR THANKS TO STERN AND HIS CREW...YOU BUM! NBA IS WWE..WE WERNT 'POSE TO GET ROSE..AND I THANK STERN TOO..PLAY YA 2K13 AND HEAR HOW THEY BEG PPL TO LET IT GO AND THEY WANT PPL TO HATE DHOWARD INSTEAD...MARKETING..AKA ...KOBE IS STILL BETTER AT 34 AND HE CANT JUMP NO MORE AND NO ONE LIKES A TURN COAT *****

nickdymez
12-19-2012, 03:00 AM
:facepalm:

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-19-2012, 03:04 AM
Pretty good for a guy who began his career as a backup singer to Eddie Jones.

SportsFanatic10
12-19-2012, 03:21 AM
y r u alwaays hating ..NO ONE ON YOUR TEAM CAN SHOOT....EXCEPT RAY ALLEN . GO TO YOUR FORUM AND HATE ON YOUR PAMPERED AZZ STAR... I ACTUALLY DISLIKE YOU. I CONSIDER YOU DUMB,,,YOU AND THAT LAME BUCKETS AND SWASHCUF. DO YOU KNOW WHO YOUR TALKING ABOUT ? YOU LAME *** DUDE. YOU TALKING ABOUT THE GUY YOUR GUY WISH HE WAS LIKE. YOU TALKING ABOUT A GREAT ALL LEGENDS RESPECT...UNLIKE YOUR GUY. MJ GIVES KOBE PROPS AND THAT CLOSES GUY THUS FAR . THE DUDE YOU SUCK UP DOESNT GARNER THE SAME RESPECT FROM HIS PEERS NOW. SO STAY IN YOUR ONE HORSE TOWN AND STFU,LET THE REFS BAIL YOU OUT(WHO GETS OUT REBOUNDED BY 30 AND WINS? REF HELP? YA THINK!!! BAIL OUT CITY OVER THERE... FYI ...THE LEAGUE COULDNT STANDa MARQUEE GUY LOSING LIKE LBJ DID...IT LOOKS BAD...YOU CAN SEND YOUR THANKS TO STERN AND HIS CREW...YOU BUM! NBA IS WWE..WE WERNT 'POSE TO GET ROSE..AND I THANK STERN TOO..PLAY YA 2K13 AND HEAR HOW THEY BEG PPL TO LET IT GO AND THEY WANT PPL TO HATE DHOWARD INSTEAD...MARKETING..AKA ...KOBE IS STILL BETTER AT 34 AND HE CANT JUMP NO MORE AND NO ONE LIKES A TURN COAT *****

Somewhere in this mess I think there was supposed to be a point. Is there anyone here who is fluent in the idiot language who can translate?

LA4life24/8
12-19-2012, 03:28 AM
Good for kobe, but really he needs to just focus on winning, if that's what it takes for the lakers to.win im okay with it but so far thus season kobe scoring 30+ hasnt been the best for them, would really love to see a bit more balanced offensive attack, hopefully nash coming back wilk help with this, but still cheers to one of the greatest, still proving himself, not bad for an old fart

Mr_Jones
12-19-2012, 03:34 AM

That's what I always say, too.

:clap::clap:

VinceCarter
12-19-2012, 03:36 AM
Strait? Bering Strait?

amos1er
12-19-2012, 04:24 AM

Then why don't all the other superstars do it then?

JNA17
12-19-2012, 04:25 AM
This thread belongs on Lakers forum.

amos1er
12-19-2012, 04:26 AM
Mike Trudell Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter

This record is a true testament to perhaps the hardest working player in the history of the NBA. Kobe's longevity is truly impressive.

Kuya_Clive
12-19-2012, 04:28 AM
*straight

amos1er
12-19-2012, 04:29 AM
This thread belongs on Lakers forum.

Why, there was a thread just yesterday about a Nicholas Batum having a 5 by 5 game. If all these other teams fans can make threads about their players reaching milestones, why is it when Kobe reaches one everyone on here is so offended?

naps
12-19-2012, 05:24 AM
Then why don't all the other superstars do it then?

May be because they are smart enough to know scoring 30 games after games and taking 20/25 shots a game don't necessarily bring wins for the team; Specially while playing on a very very talented team. Results speak for it. How many games have they won when Kobe scores 30+?

jerellh528
12-19-2012, 05:27 AM
Why, there was a thread just yesterday about a Nicholas Batum having a 5 by 5 game. If all these other teams fans can make threads about their players reaching milestones, why is it when Kobe reaches one everyone on here is so offended?

Because Kobe reaches so many damn milestones and amazing career achievements so often it floods the main forum with Kobe threads.

jerellh528
12-19-2012, 05:30 AM
May be because they are smart enough to know scoring 30 games after games and taking 20/25 shots a game doesn't bring wins for the team; Specially while playing on a very very talented team. Results speak for it. How many games have they won when Kobe scores 30+?

That's weird 5 championships seem to say otherwise.. So does Jordan's 6 rings averaging more shots than Kobe at that.. Lol don't be naive, other players can't be Kobe or everyone would be a top 5-10 player of all time like he is.

amos1er
12-19-2012, 05:36 AM
May be because they are smart enough to know scoring 30 games after games and taking 20/25 shots a game doesn't bring wins for the team; Specially while playing on a very very talented team. Results speak for it. How many games have they won when Kobe scores 30+?

Why don't you look at his overall career and look at how many games the Lakers won when he scored 30+. Funny how you all claim a sample size argument when debating Kobe's high TS% this year, yet when it come to scoring 30+ you all only look at this season. In fact, why don't you look at when Kobe scores 40+...The Lakers win 70% of the time...When he scores 60+ the Lakers win 100% of the time.

lamar2006
12-19-2012, 05:38 AM
Very impressive.

Jordan scored 30+ pts 36 times at the age of 34.

Kobe needs 22 more 30pt games to match him I believe.

22 in 50+ games remaining its a lock he gets more than Jordan.

fresh prince
12-19-2012, 05:39 AM
Over 100 games
Kobe's teams have won almost 70 percent of the games where he has scored 30 or more throughout his illustrious career. Sample size is still undefeated.:D

naps
12-19-2012, 05:49 AM
That's weird 5 championships seem to say otherwise.. So does Jordan's 6 rings averaging more shots than Kobe at that.. Lol don't be naive, other players can't be Kobe or everyone would be a top 5-10 player of all time like he is.

The results of the games this year seem to support what I just said. Christ, why do people use 5 championship for everything when they have nothing else to say? May be he could have had 7/8 championships by now if he was smarter. Ofcourse, he is an all-time great but doesn't mean he couldn't be better. And stop using Jordan in Kobe threads. Jordan's 6 championships and Kobe's 5 championships didn't come the same way. Jordan has 6 undisputed finals MVPs. They are different players.

amos1er
12-19-2012, 05:53 AM
Over 100 games
Kobe's teams have won almost 70 percent of the games where he has scored 30 or more throughout his illustrious career. Sample size is still undefeated.:D

I love how they all claim sample size when it comes to Kobe's efficiency this season, yet they conveniently don't when it comes to his 30+ point game wins this season. They don't even take other intangible things into account like new teammates and coaching changes. Most of them are Heat fans too and they all know well that the Heat struggled when the big 3 first came together. The mark of a true hater is that they will use certain facts only to their own convenience, and ignore all the other ones when it doesn't suit their own purpose.

amos1er
12-19-2012, 05:54 AM
The results of the games this year seem to support what I just said. Christ, why do people use 5 championship for everything when they have nothing else to say? May be he could have had 7/8 championships by now if he was smarter. Ofcourse, he is an all-time great but doesn't mean he couldn't be better. And stop using Jordan in Kobe threads. Jordan's 6 championships and Kobe's 5 championships didn't come the same way. Jordan has 6 undisputed finals MVPs. They are different players.

Why are you bringing Jordan into this? Strawman.

naps
12-19-2012, 05:56 AM
Why don't you look at his overall career and look at how many games the Lakers won when he scored 30+. Funny how you all claim a sample size argument when debating Kobe's high TS% this year, yet when it come to scoring 30+ you all only look at this season. In fact, why don't you look at when Kobe scores 40+...The Lakers win 70% of the time...When he scores 60+ the Lakers win 100% of the time.

I would love to see a link of all his 30+ games with results. Not the 40+ ones because usually when a superstar goes 40+ he's vastly efficient and goes on beast mode. Most of the times teams end up winning those games anyway. But 30+ games are what I would like to see. I see people claiming here they won 70% games when he scores in the thirties. May be they are right. But I need to see it. Link?

naps
12-19-2012, 05:59 AM
Why are you bringing Jordan into this? Strawman.

I am bringing Jordan into this? May be you need to take your glasses off and read my posts carefully before you quote me. The guy who quoted me brought in Jordan. Not me. I just told him not to bring Jordan in here. Help (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=24793884&postcount=26) for you.

amos1er
12-19-2012, 06:04 AM
I would love to see a link of all his 30+ games with results.

Considering that Kobe has a winning record over the course of his career, it stands to reason that his 30+ point games would be at least 60%. I don't know for certain, but I would bet 60% at minimum.

Not the 40+ ones because usually when a superstar goes 40+ he's vastly efficient and goes on beast mode. Most of the times teams end up winning those games anyway.

Ummmm....Iverson???

Why don't you look at Iverson's teams records when he scores 40+. lol In fact, why don't you compare Kobe to all the players of all time and see who his wining % is better. I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure that his is even better than Jordan's or at least in the top 5 in team winning percentage when he scores 40+.

But 30+ games are what I would like to see. I see people claiming here they won 70% games when he scores in the thirties. May be they are right. But I need to see it. Link?

I don't have the numbers unfortunately, but considering that his overall winning percentage is above .500 for his career, its goes without saying that his career 30+ games are at least above 60%.

amos1er
12-19-2012, 06:06 AM
I am bringing Jordan into this? May be you need to take your glasses off and read my posts carefully before you quote me. The guy who quoted me brought in Jordan. Not me. I just told him not to bring Jordan in here. Help (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=24793884&postcount=26) for you.

My bad didn't see that.

JordansBulls
12-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Impressive but let's see if he can do the other impressive thing and the league the league in scoring as well. I believe MJ is the only player 30+ years old to lead the league in scoring and he did so 3 times in a row as well from 33-35.

Jewelz0376
12-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Impressive but let's see if he can do the other impressive thing and the league the league in scoring as well. I believe MJ is the only player 30+ years old to lead the league in scoring and he did so 3 times in a row as well from 33-35.

If he does you'll get plenty of people saying crap like "anyone could lead the league in scoring if they take 25 shots a game" :rolleyes:

bucketss
12-19-2012, 10:45 AM

oh look lbj mentioned in another kobe thread.

nycericanguy
12-19-2012, 10:49 AM

This...

Whatever it was.

Swashcuff
12-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Kobe is a strait up G

dh144498
12-19-2012, 11:15 AM
too bad he's shooting 45%FG but he IS shooting 40% from 3 while attempting 7.6 3's a game. That's really impressive nonetheless.

33.7ppg on 24.9 fga. not bad not bad.

thenaj17
12-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Some stupid shots at the end, but overall a pretty efficient game. 30 7 and 6 on 11-24 shooting... should've had a few more assists but Pau and Dwight missed a couple bunnies (a dunk and two layups). Still playing at a high level for an old bastard... he and Timmy have been great

Exactly this Shep...especially the stupid shots in the 4th

ManRam
12-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Neat-o.

29$JerZ
12-19-2012, 11:19 AM

If he played the last game last season he would have gotten it over Durant in all likelihood :shrug:

ManRam
12-19-2012, 12:33 PM

Hey, if you're going to say something that opens you up for such obnoxious criticism (especially because you just stated a fact), at give it **** due diligence!

Not hard to score 30 if you're taking 25 shots a game (during this streak).

;)

dh144498
12-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Hey, if you're going to say something that opens you up for such obnoxious criticism (especially because you just stated a fact), at give it **** due diligence!

;)

Not hard to score 33 if you're taking 25 shots a game.

ManRam
12-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Not hard to score 33 if you're taking 25 shots a game.

There you go. Even more accurate.

With rounding, the correct comment precisely would be: "Not hard to score 33.7 points a game when taking 24.9 shots a game"

naps
12-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Considering that Kobe has a winning record over the course of his career, it stands to reason that his 30+ point games would be at least 60%. I don't know for certain, but I would bet 60% at minimum.

I don't have the numbers unfortunately, but considering that his overall winning percentage is above .500 for his career, its goes without saying that his career 30+ games are at least above 60%.

NO. Absolutely not. It doesn't necessarily have to be that way. Don't claim something you don't know for sure. Again you could be right but the way you kobe fans claim this like it's a fact that you guys know. When people ask you can't answer. As someone who have watched Kobe for his entire career I can tell you this it seemed like Lakers won more games when he scored less than 30. Link or it didn't happen. No calling out/attack/claims without any link plz.

dh144498
12-19-2012, 12:44 PM
There you go. Even more accurate.

With rounding, the correct comment precisely would be: "Not hard to score 33.7 points a game when taking 24.9 shots a game"

oh so it's 34 points. I thought it was 33.4. Thanks for pointing that out.

Chronz
12-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Tim Duncan is the oldest player to ever post 30 points, 15 rebounds, 5 assists, and 5 blocks.

Thought it deserved mention but not its own thread

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-19-2012, 01:10 PM
I would love to see a link of all his 30+ games with results. Not the 40+ ones because usually when a superstar goes 40+ he's vastly efficient and goes on beast mode. Most of the times teams end up winning those games anyway. But 30+ games are what I would like to see. I see people claiming here they won 70% games when he scores in the thirties. May be they are right. But I need to see it. Link?

around 70% winning record overall.

Can you now shut up already?

beliges
12-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Again, kobes doing something that's never been.done before. Nobody has been remotely as dominant in their 17th season as kobes been. Its unprecedented.

orgnpurple13
12-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Pretty easy to do when you shoot the ball 30 times in the game and get to the line 10-15 times.

dh144498
12-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Kobe career 30+ points games WON: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=bryanko01&match=career&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=W&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_G=&pos_is_GF=&pos_is_F=&pos_is_FG=&pos_is_FC=&pos_is_C=&pos_is_CF=&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=30&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=date_game

318 games

career 30+ points games LOST: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=bryanko01&match=career&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=L&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_G=&pos_is_GF=&pos_is_F=&pos_is_FG=&pos_is_FC=&pos_is_C=&pos_is_CF=&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=30&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=date_game

169 games

total games with 30+ points: 487

winning percentage when Kobe scores 30+ points: 65.3%

note: this is the only season where when Kobe scores 30+ the Lakers have a losing record.

dh144498
12-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Pretty easy to do when you shoot the ball 30 times in the game and get to the line 10-15 times.

25 FGA and 10 FTA in these 7 games. Avging 34 ppg.

JesusWears24
12-19-2012, 01:34 PM

Go away. Your constant laker hating is pathetic. By the way.....Ryan Tannehil sucks.

dh144498
12-19-2012, 01:39 PM
btw 34ppg on 25 fga is good efficiency, unless you want him to avg 20 FTA a game............

nickdymez
12-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Kobe career 30+ points games WON: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=bryanko01&match=career&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=W&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_G=&pos_is_GF=&pos_is_F=&pos_is_FG=&pos_is_FC=&pos_is_C=&pos_is_CF=&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=30&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=date_game

318 games

career 30+ points games LOST: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=bryanko01&match=career&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=L&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_G=&pos_is_GF=&pos_is_F=&pos_is_FG=&pos_is_FC=&pos_is_C=&pos_is_CF=&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=30&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=date_game

169 games

total games with 30+ points: 487

winning percentage when Kobe scores 30+ points: 65.3%

note: this is the only season where when Kobe scores 30+ the Lakers have a losing record.

25 FGA and 10 FTA in these 7 games. Avging 34 ppg.

btw 34ppg on 25 fga is good efficiency, unless you want him to avg 20 FTA a game............

All this

Chronz
12-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Can someone explain the relevance in this type (splits) of analysis? Only reason Im asking is because I dont get what story people are trying to tell, good or bad by looking at raw splits, its pretty meaningless isnt it?

I mean Kobe has a lifetime .65 winning % regardless of what he scores. Tho it does increase when he scores 30 or more,specifically during his prime, it still wouldn't tell me anything on its own.

Teeboy1487
12-19-2012, 02:30 PM

;)

You make it sound like it's so simple. Could you score 30 in the NBA with 20+ shots? I'm curious since you say it's not hard. Could you also score 30 while having back spasms the last 4 games of this streak? Like I said, I'm curious.

Keep in mind, even the best player in the world has only scored 30 once this season with less than 20 shots. He also has 3 games where he shot 20+ times and did not reach 30. Kobe has none of those type of games.

fresh prince
12-19-2012, 02:33 PM

Here you go (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=bryanko01&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=W&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=&pos_is_gf=&pos_is_f=&pos_is_fg=&pos_is_fc=&pos_is_c=&pos_is_cf=&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=30&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&is_dbl_dbl=&is_trp_dbl=&order_by=date_game&order_by_asc=Y&)

This will prbably be a good excercise for you learn to respect the guy. Just look at all the pages and pages of unreal games this man has had since 1997its ****** crazy,

I know Kobe is a polarizing dude but I just dont get the people that cant respect the greatness.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-19-2012, 02:33 PM
You make it sound like it's so simple. Could you score 30 in the NBA with 20+ shots? I'm curious since you say it's not hard. Could you also score 30 while having back spasms the last 4 games of this streak? Like I said, I'm curious.

Keep in mind, even the best player in the world has only scored 30 once this season with less than 20 shots. He also has 3 games where he shot 20+ times and did not reach 30. Kobe has none of those type of games.

People don't even understand how physically tasking it is just to put up 20-25-30 shots a game (mostly JUMPSHOTS). After a while, fatigue sets in and you lose your legs and lift on your jumpshots. Kobe still hits a respectable FG% for his career considering how many shot attempts he takes.

nickdymez
12-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Here you go (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=bryanko01&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=W&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=&pos_is_gf=&pos_is_f=&pos_is_fg=&pos_is_fc=&pos_is_c=&pos_is_cf=&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=30&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&is_dbl_dbl=&is_trp_dbl=&order_by=date_game&order_by_asc=Y&)

This will prbably be a good excercise for you learn to respect the guy. Just look at all the pages and pages of unreal games this man has had since 1997its ****** crazy,

I know Kobe is a polarizing dude but I just dont get the people that cant respect the greatness.

damn, Kobe put up 56 against memphis on 61% shooting. Thats pretty ****in sick

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-19-2012, 03:02 PM
damn, Kobe put up 56 against memphis on 61% shooting. Thats pretty ****in sick

56 pts in 3 qtrs. I clearly remember that game.

Shaq was out for one of his 15 annual missed games of the seasons.

And that game, Kobe went crazy. 18 in the 1st, 18 in the 2nd and 20 in the 3rd. And just sat down like a baller and didn't play a single second in the 4th.

The Very next night, Iverson got the season-high of that 01-02 season. He dropped 58 pts (beating Kobe's 56), but it took him the entire 48 minutes to do so.

YoungOne
12-19-2012, 03:05 PM
and he will soon have missed the most field goal attempts of all time :)

nickdymez
12-19-2012, 03:06 PM
and he will soon have missed the most field goal attempts of all time :)

And?

orgnpurple13
12-19-2012, 03:34 PM
11-24
12-21
9-29
10-24
16-28
9-24
11-24

78-174 45% shooting

I just don't get why Lakers fans think that its so great that he put up 30+ a game when he shot no less than 21 times that game. Your team is still 12-14 and can barely beat the Bobcats at home. Your team was suppose to be so high and mighty this year.

Kobe is the most selfish player to play the game. All is wants is Jordans stats. How about saying that he would have over 40,000 points if Shaq wouldn't have been around. Wonder how many titles he would have without Shaq?

BKdoubleStacker
12-19-2012, 03:39 PM
11-24
12-21
9-29
10-24
16-28
9-24
11-24

78-174 45% shooting

I just don't get why Lakers fans think that its so great that he put up 30+ a game when he shot no less than 21 times that game. Your team is still 12-14 and can barely beat the Bobcats at home. Your team was suppose to be so high and mighty this year.

Kobe is the most selfish player to play the game. All is wants is Jordans stats. How about saying that he would have over 40,000 points if Shaq wouldn't have been around. Wonder how many titles he would have without Shaq?

what other great offensive options are there?

Pau and nash have been out

lakers4sho
12-19-2012, 03:45 PM
:laugh2:

orgnpurple13
12-19-2012, 03:49 PM
what other great offensive options are there?

Pau and nash have been out

Did you forget that you have Dwight Howard now? Someone considered to be the best Center in the NBA.

I am sorry but I just think a guy that has a career shooting percentage of 58% should be getting more than 8-12 shots a game like he has when Kobe is being a miracle man by scoring 30 a game while shooting 45%. JMO

DodgerPride000
12-19-2012, 04:03 PM

I actually agree with a lot of this especially the bolded part

that justin guy is the definition of a Kobe hater

fresh prince
12-19-2012, 05:17 PM
11-24
12-21
9-29
10-24
16-28
9-24
11-24

78-174 45% shooting

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ast_career.html

:)

dh144498
12-19-2012, 05:22 PM
11-24
12-21
9-29
10-24
16-28
9-24
11-24

78-174 45% shooting

how do you babble all this with a straight face? Do you not know a thing called context?

lakers4sho
12-19-2012, 05:23 PM
:laugh2:

Hawkeye15
12-19-2012, 05:30 PM
pretty impressive actually. I know a lot of you are criticizing him for taking 25 shots a game during the streak, but with his teams injuries, who is he supposed to defer to? MWP?

I am simply amazed at how much Kobe has in the tank after 1450 NBA games.

pedrofan45
12-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Give the Lakers Lebron and they would have the best record in the NBA. When you have a player like Dwight Howard, you get him involved. I don't care how bad he is a free throws, when a guy like him gets 15 points a game you're not using him right in the offense. Trying to shoot as much as possible while also turning the ball over does not help a team in my eyes.

dh144498
12-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Give the Lakers Lebron and they would have the best record in the NBA. When you have a player like Dwight Howard, you get him involved. I don't care how bad he is a free throws, when a guy like him gets 15 points a game you're not using him right in the offense. Trying to shoot as much as possible while also turning the ball over does not help a team in my eyes.

:confused:
he's avging 18 ppg so far this season so going by what you said they are using him right.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-19-2012, 06:10 PM

I thought you don't like the lakers very much? I'm not talking about your post but your avatar

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Pretty good for a guy who began his career as a backup singer to Eddie Jones.

:laugh:
I always see this from you, is there a reason why.lol

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-19-2012, 06:14 PM
May be because they are smart enough to know scoring 30 games after games and taking 20/25 shots a game don't necessarily bring wins for the team; Specially while playing on a very very talented team. Results speak for it. How many games have they won when Kobe scores 30+?

Why don't you go look up the other players fg% on our team cool guy. Maybe you might learn a thing or two.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-19-2012, 06:20 PM
you make it sound like it's so simple. Could you score 30 in the nba with 20+ shots? I'm curious since you say it's not hard. Could you also score 30 while having back spasms the last 4 games of this streak? Like i said, i'm curious.

zing!!

nickdymez
12-19-2012, 06:24 PM
pretty impressive actually. I know a lot of you are criticizing him for taking 25 shots a game during the streak, but with his teams injuries, who is he supposed to defer to? MWP?

Actually MWP has been playing pretty well..

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-19-2012, 06:26 PM

Finally, someone that will give him his due.
Thanks you good sir for being rational and appreciating his skill even though i don't think you like him very much. :up:

nickdymez
12-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Did you forget that you have Dwight Howard now? Someone considered to be the best Center in the NBA.

I am sorry but I just think a guy that has a career shooting percentage of 58% should be getting more than 8-12 shots a game like he has when Kobe is being a miracle man by scoring 30 a game while shooting 45%. JMO

He said offensive options buddy

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-19-2012, 08:08 PM
:laugh:
I always see this from you, is there a reason why.lol

#3RDASYSTEM-system

knightstemplar
12-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Team Record
Regular Season
When Kobe plays
781-406
.658 W-L%

When Kobe scores 30 points
261-138
.654 W-L%

When Kobe scores 40 points
77-38
.670 W-L%

When Kobe scores 50 points
17-7
.708 W-L%

Playoffs
When Kobe plays
135-85
.614 W-L%

57-31
.648 W-L%

10-3
.769 W-L%

0-1
.000 W-L%

amos1er
12-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Team Record
Regular Season
When Kobe plays
781-406
.658 W-L%

261-138
.654 W-L%

77-38
.670 W-L%

17-7
.708 W-L%

Playoffs
When Kobe plays
135-85
.614 W-L%

57-31
.648 W-L%

10-3
.769 W-L%

0-1
.000 W-L%

Thanks for the info. That ought to shut these haters up.

NBAfan4life
12-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Team Record
Regular Season
When Kobe plays
781-406
.658 W-L%

261-138
.654 W-L%

77-38
.670 W-L%

17-7
.708 W-L%

Playoffs
When Kobe plays
135-85
.614 W-L%

57-31
.648 W-L%

10-3
.769 W-L%

0-1
.000 W-L%

How dare you use facts

AIRMAR72
12-19-2012, 08:23 PM
kobe the any shot taker look good so far but wait till after the allstar break the miles on his knees will show in his game

Andrew32
12-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Source on those stats?
You could have just made them up.

0-1
.000 W-L%

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-19-2012, 08:36 PM
#3RDASYSTEM-system

LOL .Did he really say that?

amos1er
12-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Source on those stats?

That was game 6 of the 2006 first round playoffs against Phoenix. Kobe hit a miracle 3 pointer with only one possession left to give the Lakers a 3 point lead. Then due to a moronic error from Kwame Brown, Tim Thomas got a rebound and hit an uncontested 3 pointer to send the game to overtime. The Lakers were literally one rebound away from upsetting a 2 seed as a 7 seed. If anything, Kobe played the perfect game considering the scrubs he had on his team...it was Kwame who was the big failure there.

knightstemplar
12-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Source on those stats?

Basketball reference game finder

Here's Kobe's game finder page http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?player_id=bryanko01

Hawkeye15
12-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Actually MWP has been playing pretty well..

ironically, I know haha. I simply meant that when Kobe looks around, outside Dwight low, who on earth should he defer to? He has always had trust issues, but for once they are straight up valid until this team gets it going.

Greedy22
12-19-2012, 09:05 PM

Hawkeye, have you been hacked? You aren't "hating"

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-19-2012, 09:08 PM
LOL .Did he really say that?

His entire incoherent rant is predicated on that one notion. The fact that he is a 'backup guard" turned starter via the LA Media Hype. And he says that the first 3 yrs in the league for ANY PLAYER gives the indication of the type of player that he will be for the rest of his career.

It's the most nonsensically stinking pile of diarrhea you will ever read on ProSportsDaily.

NYTHRILLZ97
12-19-2012, 09:12 PM

Ecsactly thats what im saying like ecsactly!!!! Ppl get all cot up in fg percent but its cause Kobe has to take all the hard shots cause his team mates neva give him help well recently at least. I dout bron even got 30 for 7 strait eva and Kobe is so old. People think dey smart but dey not. Kobe n Melo is still the best scorers in the league!!! Just cause PUR of whateva that stupid made up stat is. Kobe is top 4 greatest on goat list and if he gets one more this year he will prob be #2 and if gets next year number 7 he will be number 1 in my mind. All yall haters aint as smart as you think you is

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-20-2012, 12:01 AM
His entire incoherent rant is predicated on that one notion. The fact that he is a 'backup guard" turned starter via the LA Media Hype. And he says that the first 3 yrs in the league for ANY PLAYER gives the indication of the type of player that he will be for the rest of his career.

It's the most nonsensically stinking pile of diarrhea you will ever read on ProSportsDaily.

Thats good stuff.

c.c.
12-20-2012, 12:11 AM
So!!! He shoot the ball 30 times

Andrew32
12-20-2012, 12:59 AM
#7.
Barkley : Post Season - PER
Peak : 29
Top 5 : 26.72
Top 7 : 26.13

------------------------------------------------------------

#8.
Dirk : Post Season - PER
Peak : 28.4
Top 5 : 25.82
Top 7 : 25.47

#9.
Wade : Post Season - PER
Peak : 29.4
Top 5 : 26.64
Top 7 : 24.5

#10.
TMac : Post Season - PER
Peak : 27.2
Top 5 : 26.2

#15.
Kobe : Post Season - PER
Peak : 26.8
Top 5 : 24
Top 7 : 23

I'll just leave this here... ;)

LakersMaster24
12-20-2012, 01:08 AM
Name one player in the NBA today that is capable of doing this after that many years in the NBA. It is insane.

ldawg
12-20-2012, 01:19 AM
Kobe is Baws

The1_Who_knocks
12-20-2012, 01:41 AM
Beast

Lim
12-20-2012, 03:12 AM

he HAS never been the best in the league. that's the funny part

jayjay33
12-20-2012, 03:44 AM

Because morons keep arguing, with the methods of someone who has been that successful. If shooting to much gets you Kobe Bryant's career, then I would shoot that mofo every time down if I was in the league.

jayjay33
12-20-2012, 03:47 AM
#7.
Barkley : Post Season - PER
Peak : 29
Top 5 : 26.72
Top 7 : 26.13

#8.
Dirk : Post Season - PER
Peak : 28.4
Top 5 : 25.82
Top 7 : 25.47

#9.
Wade : Post Season - PER
Peak : 29.4
Top 5 : 26.64

#10.
TMac : Post Season - PER
Peak : 27.2
Top 5 : 26.2

#15.
Kobe : Post Season - PER
Peak : 26.8
Top 5 : 24
Top 7 : 23

I'll just leave this here... ;)

Kobe 5 all the rest of them put together 3. I'll just leave it there :-)

amos1er
12-20-2012, 05:33 AM

Oh no you didn't use the rings argument. Don't you know that your not allowed to do that on here. According to the general consensus of the Lebronites on this site, rings are a team accomplishment and therefore your not allowed to use those in arguments in favor of Kobe. You should refrain from using the R word again if you don't want to be labeled an ignorant troll by the "advanced stats crew". If you are of the opinion that Hollinger stats are more important than rings, than you will be considered a knowledgeable poster around here.

SirSkyHook
12-20-2012, 05:42 AM
Oh no you didn't use the rings argument. Don't you know that your not allowed to do that on here. According to the general consensus of the Lebronites on this site, rings are a team accomplishment and therefore your not allowed to use those in arguments in favor of Kobe. You should refrain from using the R word again if you don't want to be labeled an ignorant troll by the "advanced stats crew". If you are of the opinion that Hollinger stats are more important than rings, than you will be considered a knowledgeable poster around here.

lol

jayjay33
12-21-2012, 09:22 PM

Lmmfao! Worst thing ever happen to
Basketball. It's turning the game into a numbers crunch.

All the geeks just had to find a way to make them themselves relevant in sports. Lol