PDA

View Full Version : Report: Eric Gordon to return to Hornets after becoming trade-eligible

Fresno
12-19-2012, 12:06 AM
With the lack of any real news coming from the New Orleans Hornets on injured G Eric Gordon, you'd think he was rehabbing in Siberia instead of Los Angeles. But Hornets' fans finally received a slight ray of light from Eric Gordon himself this week. He tweeted that he'd be returning to New Orleans next week.

Also, I still firmly believe that Eric Gordon would rather play for about 100 other professional basketball teams around the world instead of the New Orleans Hornets. His return to New Orleans, and perhaps even to the Hornets, could be nothing more than a brief showcase for the other 29 NBA teams that Gordon is healthy and can be traded.

According to the NBA CBA, Eric Gordon became eligible to be traded on December 15. (I jokingly referred to this day as 'Armagordon' in an article you can read here.) It seems peculiar that he tweeted about his miraculous recovery and that he'd be marching in to New Orleans only two days after he became trade-eligible.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/orleans-hornets-g-eric-gordons-return-may-not-012100385--nba.html

New Orleans is 5-18 so they really dont lose anything at all with Gordon coming back and putting up good numbers.

Vinny642
12-19-2012, 12:11 AM
Increase that trade value!

Dade County
12-19-2012, 12:36 AM
piece of ****

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-19-2012, 12:39 AM
**** Eric Gordan if he's been milking it this whole time just to not play for the hornets

Gritz
12-19-2012, 12:49 AM
Wth is Harrison Barnes doing on here?

Mckphins
12-19-2012, 12:53 AM
The guy irritates me hugely. But what if he comes back and has instant chemistry with Davis, would he change his mind?

KNICKSTAPE 914
12-19-2012, 01:06 AM
Lol!

Fresno
12-19-2012, 01:07 AM
The guy irritates me hugely. But what if he comes back and has instant chemistry with Davis, would he change his mind?

Who knows except Eric himself?

NO is already on pace for another Top 5 pick so this season is a waste.

Fresno
12-19-2012, 01:07 AM
Wth is Harrison Barnes doing on here?

Harrison Barnes > Gritz

AddiX
12-19-2012, 01:11 AM
This guy is going to be the reason the players get screwed the next time the players union owners go head to head.

This is a disgrace beyond anything I've ever seen in sports.

UPRock
12-19-2012, 01:14 AM
Speechless.

LTBaByyy
12-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Danny Granger for Eric Gordon?

New Orleans needing a leader and a solid veteran

Indiana needing a SG so they can move George to SF

Gordon going to a place he is familiar with and likes (Indiana)

Hill
Gordon
George
West
Hibbert

Vasquez
Rivers
Granger
Davis
Lopez

Yunqn
12-19-2012, 01:19 AM
Wow eric gordon is taking heat for something that dwight howard invented and no one complained when he did it..

Wasnt dwight was suppose to be out til january ?

But yet he was playing in a preseason game as soon as he got to l.a..

Wow i really cant believe how much criticism eric gordon gets for what could possibly be a real injury compared to a LEGIT FAKE in dwight..

Let me guess john wall is too right ? An derrick rose is just trying to build hype for his adidas campaign of "the return"

ccg34
12-19-2012, 01:25 AM
What if him coming back 2 days after he is trade eligible is just a coincidence? People keep jumping to conclusions. smh

Sadds The Gr8
12-19-2012, 01:25 AM
Wow eric gordon is taking heat for something that dwight howard invented and no one complained when he did it..

Wasnt dwight was suppose to be out til january ?

But yet he was playing in a preseason game as soon as he got to l.a..

Wow i really cant believe how much criticism eric gordon gets for what could possibly be a real injury compared to a LEGIT FAKE in dwight..

Let me guess john wall is too right ? An derrick rose is just trying to build hype for his adidas campaign of "the return"

what? lots of people were speculating that Dwight quit last year and that's why he came out and made that statement.

anyways, Gordon is a clown. Lost respect for this guy.

CavsYanksDuke
12-19-2012, 01:27 AM
**** Eric Gordan if he's been milking it this whole time just to not play for the hornets

That's exactly what he's been doing, brah.

Fresno
12-19-2012, 01:41 AM

Hill
Gordon
George
West
Hibbert

Vasquez
Rivers
Granger
Davis
Lopez

Danny Granger has been legitimately out with a knee injury for all of this season so far with an unknown return date. Would be a low risk/low reward kind of deal since the Hornets have resigned themselves to tanking for another Lottery pick to put another big man next to Davis.

You also forgot to add that Granger is from New Orleans and it'd be a homecoming of sorts.

dtmagnet
12-19-2012, 01:44 AM
His contract should be voided, who would trade for this cancer?

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-19-2012, 01:46 AM
how about ellis for gordon? thats if he'd play in milwaukee...

dee279
12-19-2012, 01:59 AM
Trade him to Phoenix for Gortat, Beasley and a draft pick.

ACanadian
12-19-2012, 02:01 AM
I'd want him over @ T.O

Fresno
12-19-2012, 02:04 AM
how about ellis for gordon? thats if he'd play in milwaukee...

Fair deal.

Both guys benefit in their new situations.

PacersForLife
12-19-2012, 02:06 AM

Hill
Gordon
George
West
Hibbert

Vasquez
Rivers
Granger
Davis
Lopez

I've probably read that trade scenario 1,000 times over the past few years. I doubt it will ever happen.

da ThRONe
12-19-2012, 02:22 AM
Trade him to Phoenix for Gortat, Beasley and a draft pick.

Can't. When he signed the Suns offer sheet it cancelled any trade with Pheonix.

Cracka2HI!
12-19-2012, 02:30 AM
Right now I think people are being too hard on him. He just said he's going back to New Orleans. He may not play right away. It may just mean he is done rehabbing and ready to resume normal basketball activities. I also think he said he would be in LA about 4-6 weeks and think this falls in line with that. For once I'm willing to see what happens when he goes back to NO. He may really be hurt. No one really knows.

OldStyleCubbies
12-19-2012, 02:46 AM
Yes please to Indy for Granger.

dee279
12-19-2012, 02:48 AM
Can't. When he signed the Suns offer sheet it cancelled any trade with Pheonix.

Oh didnt know about that.

Stunner
12-19-2012, 02:50 AM
Granger for Gordon makes too much sense , both would be homecomings . If Indy adds a 1st rounder and Hans I say the deal gets done

JasonJohnHorn
12-19-2012, 02:55 AM
I'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and assume his injury was legit, despite the odd timing of this whole thing.

That said, I hope he realizes how lucky he is to be in the position he's in. He gets to play professional basketball and get paid millions of dollars to do it. Even if you are on a losing team, make the most of it. Prove your value and make that team better and help to build something. I hated seeing the Carter exit from Toronto... that was brutual as a fan. I hope that the Hornets fans don't have to go through a similar situation.

Gordon has a lot of potential, as does Daivs, and with Vaquez showing some real potential at the point and a high draft pick coming no doubt this summer, the Hornets could be in a position to make a real turnaround as soon as next season.

Stunner
12-19-2012, 02:57 AM
Eric doesn't want to be there , he expressed it last year and this year

JasonJohnHorn
12-19-2012, 02:58 AM
Granger for Gordon makes too much sense , both would be homecomings . If Indy adds a 1st rounder and Hans I say the deal gets done

Why on earth would Indy give up Granger + Hans + a first rounder for Gordon? I'd say at this poing NOH would be happy just to get Granger... and if I was Indy I would expect something more than just a injury pronoe shooting guard with a huge contract and some 'poteltial' if I'm going to be handing over a guy as good as Granger.

NO WAY Indy would give up Hans, Granger and a first for Gordon.

Stunner
12-19-2012, 03:13 AM
Why on earth would Indy give up Granger + Hans + a first rounder for Gordon? I'd say at this poing NOH would be happy just to get Granger... and if I was Indy I would expect something more than just a injury pronoe shooting guard with a huge contract and some 'poteltial' if I'm going to be handing over a guy as good as Granger.

NO WAY Indy would give up Hans, Granger and a first for Gordon.

Because in the long run Eric is the better player in NO knows this , they won't give him away for nothing . You forgot he was a key piece for Paul. Hornets would be trading for a player who was just as injury prone as Gordon , but gordon has a better timetable of knowing when to play unlike Granger who could miss most of the season . A player who is 23 for a 29 year old SF , that's why the Hornets would ask for the pick and filler. Indy is looking for a stud SG to go with George and were rumored to move Hans. Plus the pick most likely will be in the early 20's in a very weak draft . That's why I would assume Indy wouldn't care much about the pick.

GiantsSwaGG
12-19-2012, 04:11 AM
**** him he's nothing but a *****

Mr_Amaziing
12-19-2012, 04:13 AM

Hill
Gordon
George
West
Hibbert

Vasquez
Rivers
Granger
Davis
Lopez

Makes sense for both teams

JNA17
12-19-2012, 04:24 AM
Why did the Hornets resign this guy?

jbeezy
12-19-2012, 04:47 AM
Eric Gordon to the Lakers for Pau Gasol :pray:

Mckphins
12-19-2012, 04:48 AM
Eric Gordon to the Lakers for Pau Gasol :pray:

So both teams gets a player where they already have an all star in that position

STL Don
12-19-2012, 05:09 AM
I would think Minnesota and Memphis would be jumping all over this. They both need shooting guards and are each aiming for playoff seeds in the West.
If healthy, he'd do a lot of good for either.

JeffG20
12-19-2012, 05:25 AM

if getting a max contract didnt then nothing will...oh well dont let the door whit you on the way out.

still was the right move though.. we get to increase his value and will get something. if not he throws his own career down the drain. and if he wants to play the injury card who cares as pretty much all major nba contracts are insured for such issues like this

NYYCowboys
12-19-2012, 06:05 AM
Don't really get all the hate for Gordon. Just because the writer of the article makes a pure speculative claim that he came back just in time to be traded... While this may be true I don't really blame him.

AIverson
12-19-2012, 07:52 AM
You guys care too much about little stupid stuff. Let ESPN fuss about this type of **** while us real fans worry about actual basketball and if him being on the trade can help our team. I would kill to get this guy in MN for a sweet deal. I don't give a **** about image niether. This boy can play. One of my favorite players.

c.c.
12-19-2012, 08:31 AM
I actually liked Eric Gordon before all this B.S.

NYY 26 to 7
12-19-2012, 08:38 AM
Nice trade Stern!

JeffG20
12-19-2012, 08:42 AM
You guys care too much about little stupid stuff. Let ESPN fuss about this type of **** while us real fans worry about actual basketball and if him being on the trade can help our team. I would kill to get this guy in MN for a sweet deal. I don't give a **** about image niether. This boy can play. One of my favorite players.

i'll believe it when he grows up and plays. he's getting payed a max deal. either he's pure ***** or he's too fragile for the game.

KnickFanSince91
12-19-2012, 11:19 AM
This is why the current model for RFA's is stupid. They should adapt the NFL rule and just allow the team who gives the initial offer sheet to compensate the matching team with a draft pick. Everybody wins and you won't have these situations any more.

Ebbs
12-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Yea like saddler said Gordon is a clown

sunnydayin'zona
12-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Should've just let him sign in phoenix...

JiffyMix88
12-19-2012, 11:46 AM
He's a liar and a fake cause how do you go from a full practice and playing in the opener to all of a sudden hurt two days later and go out indefinitely?

I'll tell ya'll what I think he has which is a real disease among many men.

The man came down with a serious case of bicthitis and for ya'll who don't know what that is; it's inflamation of a man's vagina.

Lakers4life08
12-19-2012, 12:14 PM
so how many games he will play until next injury??? under or over 5?

WAYNEBO
12-19-2012, 12:15 PM
This guy is going to be the reason the players get screwed the next time the players union owners go head to head.

This is a disgrace beyond anything I've ever seen in sports.

Punk@$$ b|itch wants free money for milking an injury, and so happens to be returning to the Pelicans (hehe) after the trade eligibility data? F that trash. The city of New Orleans deserves better.

Vinny642
12-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Granger for Gordon would make NO sense.... lol

JeffG20
12-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Granger for Gordon would make NO sense.... lol

why not, we need a SF in the worst way. he wont be the first option so it will do him good.

Vasquez
Rivers
Granger
Davis
Lopez

pretty decent and Anderson off the bench. if we have the space maybe sign Pekovic

Stunner
12-19-2012, 04:44 PM
why not, we need a SF in the worst way. he wont be the first option so it will do him good.

Vasquez
Rivers
Granger
Davis
Lopez

pretty decent and Anderson off the bench. if we have the space maybe sign Pekovic

I did the exact same thing in 2k lol Vas should be your starting PG and Rivers should be groomed for that combo SG . In two years when Granger contract is up he can resign or you can get another solid SF in a good free agency class. I could see the Wolves trading for AV from the Cavs and letting go Pek next year . So Pek to No next year is very possible .

tripleplay2007
12-19-2012, 04:57 PM

Hill
Gordon
George
West
Hibbert

Vasquez
Rivers
Granger
Davis
Lopez

Makes perfect sense for both squads, great trade idea.

AddiX
12-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Punk@$$ b|itch wants free money for milking an injury, and so happens to be returning to the Pelicans (hehe) after the trade eligibility data? F that trash. The city of New Orleans deserves better.

Who does he think he's?

He HASN'T even made an all star team yet!

Super.
12-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Makes perfect sense for both squads, great trade idea.

other than the fact that Granger is out right?

mdm692
12-19-2012, 05:26 PM

Naw he would probably convince Davis to ask for a trade as well to the team he wants to go to.

xxplayerxx23
12-19-2012, 05:28 PM
So when is Gordan ganna make his season debut?

xxplayerxx23
12-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Granger is out for most of the year though.

Stunner
12-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Since Granger is out and Gordon is the better NO has the upper hand in this trade in terms of asking price . So the hornets aren't doing anything this season just let Granger rest up and comeback next year and grab picks . This move makes the Pacers a 1st round 2 round threat . Like it was said perfect trade for both teams .

xxplayerxx23
12-19-2012, 06:05 PM
My fantasy team just needs to know when he comes back.

JeffG20
12-19-2012, 06:06 PM
So when is Gordan ganna make his season debut?

should be next week. but knowing our luck he'll break something during player introductions

GiantsSwaGG
12-19-2012, 08:48 PM
http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoTEuYNJQ0CQAoWqJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBlMT Q4cGxyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1n?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimage s.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Deric%2B gordon%2Band%2BChris%2BKamen%2Btraded%26tab%3Dorga nic%26ri%3D2&w=400&h=300&imgurl=static7.businessinsider.com%2Fimage%2F4f05b 57b69bedd951e000010%2Feric-gordon-and-chris-kaman.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Farticles.businessinsider.com%2F2 012-01-05%2Fsports%2F30592092_1_eric-gordon-deandre-jordan-neil-olshey&size=150.4+KB&name=When+the+Los+Angeles+Clippers+acquired+%3Cb%3 EChris+%3C%2Fb%3EPaul+from+the+New+Orleans+Hornets +Blake+Griffin+%3Cb%3Eand+%3C%2Fb%3EDeAndre&p=eric+gordon+and+Chris+Kamen+traded&oid=a8a5d7a92d4bfbc8a0c349ae05dc055a&fr2=&fr=&rw=eric+gordon+and+chris+kaman+traded&tt=When%2Bthe%2BLos%2BAngeles%2BClippers%2Bacquire d%2B%253Cb%253EChris%2B%253C%252Fb%253EPaul%2Bfrom %2Bthe%2BNew%2BOrleans%2BHornets%2BBlake%2BGriffin %2B%253Cb%253Eand%2B%253C%252Fb%253EDeAndre&b=0&ni=40&no=2&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=137o0i9ag&sigb=132rg9pe8&sigi=12qcunnek&.crumb=Yf.2xnpIwOZ

Look at his face thou? Does he look excited?

Hawkeye15
12-19-2012, 08:53 PM
I don't care about his talent, I wouldn't offer **** for him.

RLundi
12-19-2012, 08:53 PM
What a prick.

Then again, NO shouldn't have matched...

xxplayerxx23
12-19-2012, 09:16 PM
should be next week. but knowing our luck he'll break something during player introductions

Alright thanks. Lol Don't say that, I think he is going to come out really strong and then you will get a good package for him :)

Vinny642
12-20-2012, 08:11 PM
He is coming back to the team Saturday, gonna get a few practices in and then he'll play

JordansBulls
12-21-2012, 05:27 PM
This guy is a joke. He shouldn't even be getting paid. This was done on purpose and it is a disgrace.

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2012, 05:29 PM
homie is a disgrace to people that try to claw their way into the NBA.

nolafan33
12-21-2012, 06:36 PM
“This has been a mystery from the beginning,” the source said. “When he injured it (at Phoenix), he came back and he was checked out. (Hornets) doctors looked at him, and they got an opinion and (one of the doctors said), it wasn’t just a small tear in the meniscus, ‘I think he needs microfracture surgery.’ Just the word microfracture freaked Eric out.”

Gordon sought additional opinions in New York and Indianapolis.

“None of them said he needed microfracture surgery,” the source said. “At that point, he didn’t trust (the Hornets) medical team. So he started doing his own thing and what he felt was right. The whole time, every doctor he went to said, ‘He just needs rest.’ The best of the best doctors were saying he just needed rest. It was always week to week. I can’t believe it’s been this long.”

“Part of his reasoning for turning it down,” the source said, “was he thought (the team) was jerking him around on the medical opinions so they could negotiate him down. The timing couldn’t have been worse. It created risks for everyone.”

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2012/12/eric_gordona_saga.html#incart_river_default

Ty_Lawson
12-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Iggy,Mozgov->EG,Filler