PDA

View Full Version : Knicks vs Bulls(With Healty Rose) Who Wins A Seven Game Series?

RocketLoc80
12-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Who would win with Derrick Rose coming back healthy?

seikou8
12-18-2012, 11:57 PM
are we Healthy too cause right we not

justinnum1
12-18-2012, 11:58 PM
bulls

ManRam
12-18-2012, 11:59 PM
Probably the Bulls or the Knicks.

D-Leethal
12-18-2012, 11:59 PM
You really need to see what both teams look like full strength to give a fair assessment. We have no idea what STAT will look like and how he will fit in. We have no idea what Rose will look like, how much of a load he'll be able to carry this season or if its a seamless fit with the new replacements on the team.

SINCESTARBURY25
12-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Knicks in 7 if Melo plays out of his mind and every one shows up on D.
Bulls in 6 if Rose plays well and Knicks don't play D.

TheNumber37
12-19-2012, 12:04 AM
Knicks in 5

Especially if cause We'd have HC and a healthy Amare and Shumpert to guard Rose

DaBulls311
12-19-2012, 12:06 AM
Knicks in 5

Especially if cause We'd have HC and a healthy Amare and Shumpert to guard Rose

Pass that ****!

Pierzynski4Prez
12-19-2012, 12:09 AM
This 100% depends on how Derrick comes back, and nobody on here has the slightest clue of what that will be like.

sharqstealth
12-19-2012, 12:11 AM
Knicks are deeper.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
12-19-2012, 12:11 AM
Pass that ****!

:laugh:

ManRam
12-19-2012, 12:15 AM
If I had to guess, because that's all it is now, I'd say the Bulls. The league's best defense (or second best at worst) is the slight difference maker. A lot depends on whether Rose is healthy enough to counteract Melo's scoring, which I think he could. Knicks are a bit too dependent on the three, and while they are great at it (like, they have some awesome shooters), it can be streaky and Chicago is great at getting out in shooters' faces. They're one of the absolute best teams in regards to defending the 3.

Stunner
12-19-2012, 12:19 AM
I just don't see where Amare fits in with the current team , I think they should move him for a more all around PF . Scoring won't be a problem for the Knicks with Melo defense will be in the long wrong .

Max.This
12-19-2012, 12:20 AM
I'd like to see how we can incorporate shump and amare first before making any judgments. I definitely see Rose coming back strong, but we have different players we can throw at him to tire him out.

chicagocubsfan
12-19-2012, 12:21 AM
That's pretty tough. If Derrick comes back early enough where he can gel with the team then I would give the edge to the Bulls. But it would be a 6-7 game series no doubt.

Max.This
12-19-2012, 12:21 AM
for the three ball comments. We shoot WIDE OPEN THREES. just watch a game or two. Last i checked the miami heat won a championship with battier, miller playing phenomenally shooting the 3 ball.

Anji
12-19-2012, 12:26 AM
I think it would be a war.

Rose and Melo going head to head, would be great.

justinnum1
12-19-2012, 12:28 AM
for the three ball comments. We shoot WIDE OPEN THREES. just watch a game or two. Last i checked the miami heat won a championship with battier, miller playing phenomenally shooting the 3 ball.

Miami also had the best player in the world. Knicks dont have anyone close to lebron.

effen5
12-19-2012, 12:29 AM
Do we get Rip back too?

kjoke
12-19-2012, 12:31 AM
moreso the bulls

Kenny
12-19-2012, 12:34 AM
Is Iman Shumpert healthy and polaying up to his abillity? I think the Knicks are a deeper more talented team.

seikou8
12-19-2012, 12:35 AM
Miami also had the best player in the world. Knicks dont have anyone close to lebron.

so? teams win chips lebron knows that best

Dade County
12-19-2012, 12:37 AM
This series would go to a game 7

ManRam
12-19-2012, 12:40 AM

Those threes from those role players were key, because they got so little consistent scoring from anyone but the Big Three. However, NYK are attempting 30 threes a game, Miami averaged 15.6 last year. It's pretty silly to compare those two aspects. The Knicks rely on it essentially twice as much than the Heat did...and more than any other team in the NBA.

29$JerZ
12-19-2012, 12:41 AM
Iman/Rose
Felton/Rip
Melo/Deng
Amar'e/Boozer = :laugh2:
Tyson/Noah

That would be an interesting series.
Chicago pretty much makes us a mid-range shooting team so Melo/Stat would have to be efficient there throughout an entire series.

I want to see a healthy Shump/Rose go at it again.

Brad IBCB
12-19-2012, 12:43 AM
Both teams fully healthy? Bulls.

DaBulls311
12-19-2012, 12:46 AM
Iman/Rose
Felton/Rip
Melo/Deng
Amar'e/Boozer = :laugh2:
Tyson/Noah

That would be an interesting series.
Chicago pretty much makes us a mid-range shooting team so Melo/Stat would have to be efficient there throughout an entire series.

I want to see a healthy Shump/Rose go at it again.

You would play Felton as a SG? Doesn't sound like the best idea.

KNICKSTAPE 914
12-19-2012, 12:52 AM

i think he was implying that felton would guard rip in that situation as we would want shumpert on rose...as for the question, Knicks in 6

Chill_Will_24
12-19-2012, 12:56 AM
Bulls no question. That defense is just too good and fast guards like Rose are driving on the Knicks at will lately.

Bubba313
12-19-2012, 01:03 AM
Bulls no question. That defense is just too good and fast guards like Rose are driving on the Knicks at will lately.

I'd have to agree with this. Until we can show that our D can be as efficient as it was at the end of the year, and Tyson actually begins contesting in the paint, then were not winning against the Bulls or any top tier team in the East.

I wouldn't say no question though. We can certainly play defense as we did in the beginning of the year, I just don't know where that went. Hopefully Shump can bring back the intensity.

JordansBulls
12-19-2012, 01:16 AM
I thought last year the series would have gone 7

noodle
12-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Bulls would get waxed, then the heat would too.

noodle
12-19-2012, 01:31 AM
Sorry, but the bulls aren't nearly as good as they were last year with or without rose, and if you are a bulls fan you know it's true.

sep11ie
12-19-2012, 01:43 AM
Eye dunt no, meybe ef iye sawed sume mure off fem pleys demselfs.

--23--
12-19-2012, 01:53 AM
If both teams are healthy I'll choose the Bulls mainly cause our defense is better.

Captain Moroni
12-19-2012, 01:54 AM
Since this would be the ECF.....it would be a great series. Knicks depth vs Bulls defense...wow

Tysons_Beard
12-19-2012, 01:56 AM
idk, it would be a hell of series tho

DragonJaii
12-19-2012, 02:03 AM
Bulls in 7

noodle
12-19-2012, 02:41 AM
Knicks in 6. Tops.

nolin
12-19-2012, 03:01 AM
Knicks are deeper.

this. I think knicks are easily the better team right now. with a healthy rose their still a better team,only if amare isnt playing. yea i said it knicks are better without amare. Only way bulls can win is with amare getting atleast 25 mins a game.

BULLSFAN0810
12-19-2012, 03:05 AM
It would be a good series... BUT 3 pointers start fastbreak. Ny lives and die by the 3. Ny plays defense, but not like Chicago. It comes down to stoppers... Do you trust Deng or Shumpert. I trust Deng,he is the consensus better defender. Ny is more athletic,but the PG position is a wash for Chicago, and the C/PG position imo is the most important postions in basketball

Guppyfighter
12-19-2012, 03:22 AM
Knicks are rapidly falling in defense like I predicted. Currently 22 in defensive efficiency. Their "good" defense was due to a small sample size. Double teaming when the open man is a pass away. So dumb.

fin_frenzy_84
12-19-2012, 03:52 AM
Sorry, but the bulls aren't nearly as good as they were last year with or without rose, and if you are a bulls fan you know it's true.

ARE YOU SERIOUS???? We have a whole new bench and obviously Rose has been out the whole season. Kirk and Rip has missed some games also yet we still manage to win games! We have the 4th best record in the East with all the injuries we have had and you also have to think that our team chemistry is still not all there yet...

THE MTL
12-19-2012, 03:58 AM
Ppl act like the Knicks are healthy. How about what the Knicks would look like with a healthy Stat and Shumpert (and Marcus Camby too). The Bulls lack of depth would be overwhelmed, not too mention the fact that we have Shumpert/Brewer on perimeter with Chandler/Camby in the paint.

In conclusion, both teams will have to be healthy to make a true conclusion. But im going with the Knicks cause Philly/Miami exposed the Bulls for 2 consecutive post-seasons....as long as Rose is contained, the Bulls cant do anything.

Rndy
12-19-2012, 04:05 AM
I'd like to see Shump vs Rose again. Rose embarrassed him their first game last year then Shump had a great defensive game vs him the next game. But if we're acting like small sample sizes means a guy can guard a superstar at least we have Butler to lock down Melo am i rite?

If Rose is healthy I honestly don't think it's that close Knicks would have to be hot every game to win. Which isn't impossible by any means but Their rebounding and defense will be their downfall.

rex.reyesiii
12-19-2012, 04:07 AM
Hard to choose right now, but if it comes to playing a Game 7 i'll pick the Knicks.

or

Chi in 5 or 6.

HYFR
12-19-2012, 04:11 AM
I'd like to see Shump vs Rose again. Rose embarrassed him their first game last year then Shump had a great defensive game vs him the next game. But if we're acting like small sample sizes means a guy can guard a superstar at least we have Butler to lock down Melo am i rite?

If Rose is healthy I honestly don't think it's that close Knicks would have to be hot every game to win. Which isn't impossible by any means but Their rebounding and defense will be their downfall.

I mean is that a joke. Listen this series would go 7 games and the team with hca would win it. "Knicks would have to be hot every game to win" lol. It ain't gonna be easy strolling in to MSG man not anymore. Anyways I love how the bulls play but it def closer than u think bud.

effen5
12-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Ppl act like the Knicks are healthy. How about what the Knicks would look like with a healthy Stat and Shumpert (and Marcus Camby too). The Bulls lack of depth would be overwhelmed, not too mention the fact that we have Shumpert/Brewer on perimeter with Chandler/Camby in the paint.

In conclusion, both teams will have to be healthy to make a true conclusion. But im going with the Knicks cause Philly/Miami exposed the Bulls for 2 consecutive post-seasons....as long as Rose is contained, the Bulls cant do anything.

Knicks got pretty exposed by the heat and got swept....and they didn't even have to contain melo.

NYJ - NYY
12-19-2012, 09:28 AM

Knicks got pretty exposed by the heat and got swept....and they didn't even have to contain melo.

Different team from last year my man

NYJ - NYY
12-19-2012, 09:30 AM
And they didn't get swept

benzni
12-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Bulls

koreancabbage
12-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Knicks are deeper.

doesn't matter if they are deeper. In all likely hood you're only getting down to the 6-8th man at most. In a regular season contest, I'd take the Knicks just b/c they can rest their starters more.

Playoff basketball = slow paced, walk up the court, half court sets = Melo, Stoudemire ISO all day long = not such good results = way less possessions to even heave up those torrid amount of 3 pointers that the Knicks like to do in a regular season game = Bulls take the series

Unless something changes about Melo sharing the and making plays for teammates in the playoffs- he has only gotten out of the first round once so far still - Melo has still a lot to prove, MVP candidate or not.

nycericanguy
12-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Knicks are rapidly falling in defense like I predicted. Currently 22 in defensive efficiency. Their "good" defense was due to a small sample size. Double teaming when the open man is a pass away. So dumb.

LOL!

So their great defense for the first 40 games under Woody was a "small sample size", what does that make the 7 game sample size you are using now?

Knicks defense has definitely slipped the past 7-10 games, but they've played a TON of games in DEC, and they've had to play without alot of key players. They've had to ask Kidd & Chandler & Felton to play a ton of minutes.

When healthy NY is still a top 5 defensive team and will be over the long run. I love how people seem to be waiting for just any slip up to say "I told you so".

as for the question, its a toss up... CHI's defense is just insane, though I wonder if playing Noah & Deng over 40mpg will come back to bite them. Doesn't seem Thibs trusts anyone else on defense.

mjm07
12-19-2012, 09:59 AM

This.

1-800-STFU
12-19-2012, 10:11 AM
You really need to see what both teams look like full strength to give a fair assessment. We have no idea what STAT will look like and how he will fit in. We have no idea what Rose will look like, how much of a load he'll be able to carry this season or if its a seamless fit with the new replacements on the team.

Yep.

Would be a fun tough defensive series though.

Jarvo
12-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Bulls.

justinnum1
12-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Yep.

Would be a fun tough defensive series though.

i dont know. the bulls are a top 5 defense. ny is ranked 17th.

SteBO
12-19-2012, 11:07 AM
I'll say this....I like the Bulls chances in a series like this, but you have to be mindful of the fact that NY isn't really at full strength either. The jury is still out on Amare, but Shumpert makes a positive impact/difference when he's healthy. We'll have to wait and see.....

D-Leethal
12-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Not gonna lie, Bulls and their defense with a healthy Rose would scare the **** out of me in a playoff series but I think we have more than a fair shot at winning it. I would assume the Bulls would keep our shooters and our pick and roll game in check - it would really come down to Melo beasting and forcing double teams to get our shooters going.

sager729
12-19-2012, 11:19 AM
But Melo won't create double teams a majority of the time because Thibs trusts Deng to take Melo 1 on 1 defensively.

Captain Moroni
12-19-2012, 11:46 AM

First off, Knicks did not get swept. Second, melo went off. Third our Pg situation went from Bibby,Douglas, Davis to Felton,Kidd, Prigioni. Huge turnaround.

Captain Moroni
12-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Lots of people putting all their eggs in the "Amare will kill the Knicks chemistry" basket.
What will you do if they just get better? What then?

Captain Moroni
12-19-2012, 11:51 AM
But Melo won't create double teams a majority of the time because Thibs trusts Deng to take Melo 1 on 1 defensively.

Deng can't shut down melo anymore than he can shut down Lebron.

SteBO
12-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Deng can't shut down melo anymore than he can shut down Lebron.
Melo and LeBron aren't guys you can ever shut down. They can only shut down themselves. But Deng is a very solid perimeter defender. When he goes up against the elite SF's in the league, he tends to show up on both ends. It's just a trend I've always noticed with Luol.

D-Leethal
12-19-2012, 12:19 PM

Ask Gerald Wallace and the Nets how that worked out for them. (or I'll tell you - 118 points in 3 games including last year).

Nevermind, just look to Easter Sunday last year when he dropped 43 on Deng.

Melo will force you to double, just like he did against GForce and the Nets, which led to JKidd ripping the hearts out of the Barclays Center.

D-Leethal
12-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Melo and LeBron aren't guys you can ever shut down. They can only shut down themselves. But Deng is a very solid perimeter defender. When he goes up against the elite SF's in the league, he tends to show up on both ends. It's just a trend I've always noticed with Luol.

This.

Melo has dropped 40+ on Gerald Wallace, LeBron/Battier, Igoudala, and Deng in the past 2 seasons.

Who is better equipped to stop him 1 on 1 than those guys?

Follow the Popovich game plan. Very physical D with constant doubles and flashing from all over the floor. I haven't seen anyone D up Melo better than the Spurs this year. Only reason we won was because Felton went HAM and Jkidd drilled back to back to back 3s in the 4th.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-19-2012, 12:53 PM

:laugh: Melo's made Deng his bi*** his entire career. The play that sticks on in my mind is the game in Denver, Melo hit him with a crazy move and Deng looked like he got tazed. SPLASH.

ManRam
12-19-2012, 12:58 PM
:laugh: Melo's made Deng his bi*** his entire career. The play that sticks on in my mind is the game in Denver, Melo hit him with a crazy move and Deng looked like he got tazed. SPLASH.

In head-to-head match ups Deng/his team holds Melo to about his career averages across the board. Slightly higher PPG (slighty higher MPG). Rebounds, assists and shooting percentages are about identical.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=denglu01&p2=anthoca01

Cal827
12-19-2012, 01:01 PM

This.

Minimal
12-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Its hard to guess, but I would say Bulls just because of their excellent defense with Rose in the lineup.

Guppyfighter
12-19-2012, 03:10 PM
LOL!

So their great defense for the first 40 games under Woody was a "small sample size", what does that make the 7 game sample size you are using now?

Knicks defense has definitely slipped the past 7-10 games, but they've played a TON of games in DEC, and they've had to play without alot of key players. They've had to ask Kidd & Chandler & Felton to play a ton of minutes.

When healthy NY is still a top 5 defensive team and will be over the long run. I love how people seem to be waiting for just any slip up to say "I told you so".

as for the question, its a toss up... CHI's defense is just insane, though I wonder if playing Noah & Deng over 40mpg will come back to bite them. Doesn't seem Thibs trusts anyone else on defense.
You are joking right?

Their efficiency is all encompassing based on every game they played. They are 22nd, including the good defensive games.

Their defensive scheme is a joke, expect it to fall further.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-19-2012, 03:23 PM
In head-to-head match ups Deng/his team holds Melo to about his career averages across the board. Slightly higher PPG (slighty higher MPG). Rebounds, assists and shooting percentages are about identical.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=denglu01&p2=anthoca01

And if you alow Melo to get his average. You'll lose. Watch that Bull's game on Easter Sunday last year

SteBO
12-19-2012, 03:28 PM
And if you alow Melo to get his average. You'll lose. Watch that Bull's game on Easter Sunday last year
40+ points on above 50% isn't "his average".........When I guy, especially of Melo's calibur gets going like that, there's nothing you can do about it. But that's not his usual standard. You're in good shape if he plays to his career averages, but that Bulls game was unreal.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Daaaaaaaa Bulls.

And why are people bringing up depth if this is a playoff series? Starters get more minutes and only 8 players on each team really get a good amount of playing time.

NYKnickFanatic
12-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Knicks in 7.

noodle
12-19-2012, 03:36 PM
i dont know. the bulls are a top 5 defense. ny is ranked 17th.

Hmm...where are the heat ranked defensively, justinnum2?

Evolution23
12-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Knicks in 6. Bulls lost Asik, CJ Watson, and a few other role players. Combine that with a Rose who hasn't played in almost a year and you just don't have the same team any more. Mean while the Knicks are deep in every position.

nickdymez
12-19-2012, 05:03 PM
The Heat

xxplayerxx23
12-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Daaaaaaaa Bulls.

And why are people bringing up depth if this is a playoff series? Starters get more minutes and only 8 players on each team really get a good amount of playing time.

You pick against the knicks? :speechless: Whats your list above Melo look like now?

Hustla23
12-19-2012, 06:36 PM
If both teams were at full strength I think the Bulls would take it.

They match up too well with the Knicks.

justinnum1
12-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Hmm...where are the heat ranked defensively, justinnum2?

ranked above the knicks :)

a little research next time will help you doodle

nycericanguy
12-19-2012, 06:51 PM
You are joking right?

Their efficiency is all encompassing based on every game they played. They are 22nd, including the good defensive games.

Their defensive scheme is a joke, expect it to fall further.

umm, they were the #1 defensive team last year under Woody, over 24 games.

and they were top 10 early in the year.

its only recently the've been slipping.

The larger sample size says NY is def an elite defensive team. but at some point injuries and bad luck start hurting you.

Look who's out tonight against BK

Melo, Novak, Amare, Camby, Shump, Wallace... how is any team supposed to win and play top tier defense with all those guys out?

Kidd is great in stretches, but not when you ask him to play 40mpg.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-19-2012, 09:31 PM
You pick against the knicks? :speechless: Whats your list above Melo look like now?

Not sure right now. Going to wait a little after the midway point of the season to change around my list. I'm not one to switch it around after monthly sample sizes.

gaughan333
12-19-2012, 09:47 PM
umm, they were the #1 defensive team last year under Woody, over 24 games.

and they were top 10 early in the year.

its only recently the've been slipping.

The larger sample size says NY is def an elite defensive team. but at some point injuries and bad luck start hurting you.

Look who's out tonight against BK

Melo, Novak, Amare, Camby, Shump, Wallace... how is any team supposed to win and play top tier defense with all those guys out?

Kidd is great in stretches, but not when you ask him to play 40mpg.

The larger sample size? so 24 games last year and 10 this year = large sample size?

do it over the course of a season...that's why you play full seasons and not 20 games at a time

mrblisterdundee
12-19-2012, 11:57 PM
Derrick Rose > Raymond Felton
Rip Hamilton < J.R. Smith
Luol Deng < Carmelo Anthony
Carlos Boozer > Chris Copeland
Joakim Noah = Tyson Chandler

This really depends on whether Iman Shumpert and Amare Stoudemire are available too.

HOZ THE KNICK
12-20-2012, 12:13 AM
i like what the bulls bring to the table that will be a exciting series but lets watch both teams at full strenth first..

JEDean89
12-20-2012, 05:24 AM
bulls don't have anyone who can score like melo, and if you count rose healthy, then you should count the knicks healthy too. now pg is the bulls obvious strength, but it's not like guard play is the knicks weakness. a healthy felton, kidd, shumpert trio can keep fresh legs on him at all times and since Rip Hamilton isn't much of a threat, Rose will get a lot of attention from the knicks strong perimeter defenders.

now on the wings is where the knicks really thrive over the bulls. melo is scoring like a wing player right now, though he plays PF he will also play SF again with a healthy Stoudemire. Hamilton, Butler, Belinelli and Deng vs Melo, Shumpert, Smith, Brewer and Novak. The Knicks can all hit the 3 and are just better defenders, more athletic, better shooters and scorers in general. The Knicks also sport 2 elite wing defenders in Shumpert and Brewer. Now Deng is a nice piece, but he alone doesn't combat the Knicks wing prowess.

The Interior battle is where it gets fun. Noah and Boozer are very similar in size, gameplay and salary to Stat and Chandler. Now we have no idea what Stat is gonna be like when he suits up in the next 7 days but my i cant rationalize giving him the benefit of the doubt and saying he will be back to his All star self. Still, even last years injured Amare produced roughly the same as Boozer so I expect them to be close to even. Same with Noah and Chandler, its hard to really call a difference.

The benches are another advantage the Knicks have. We don't know what a fully healthy Knicks squad will be when Amare and Shumps are back in the lineup but lets say he's a starter by February and Shumps is on the bench. The Knicks bench would be Priggs, JR, Novak, Stat, Sheed. The Bull would be Robinson, Belinelli, Butler, Gibson, Hinrich, Muhammed. Stat and JR are both worlds better than any of the other players between these benches so it's really no contest.

I think the fully healthy Knicks vs the fully healthy Bulls would be a great series, but no way do the bulls win a 7 game series. Next year, when the bulls fill in the remaining gaps, they will be better. But no real backup center, no real scoring wing is a problem. They should make a run at OJ Mayo.

Guppyfighter
12-20-2012, 05:28 AM
bulls don't have anyone who can score like melo, and if you count rose healthy, then you should count the knicks healthy too. now pg is the bulls obvious strength, but it's not like guard play is the knicks weakness. a healthy felton, kidd, shumpert trio can keep fresh legs on him at all times and since Rip Hamilton isn't much of a threat, Rose will get a lot of attention from the knicks strong perimeter defenders.

now on the wings is where the knicks really thrive over the bulls. melo is scoring like a wing player right now, though he plays PF he will also play SF again with a healthy Stoudemire. Hamilton, Butler, Belinelli and Deng vs Melo, Shumpert, Smith, Brewer and Novak. The Knicks can all hit the 3 and are just better defenders, more athletic, better shooters and scorers in general. The Knicks also sport 2 elite wing defenders in Shumpert and Brewer. Now Deng is a nice piece, but he alone doesn't combat the Knicks wing prowess.

The Interior battle is where it gets fun. Noah and Boozer are very similar in size, gameplay and salary to Stat and Chandler. Now we have no idea what Stat is gonna be like when he suits up in the next 7 days but my i cant rationalize giving him the benefit of the doubt and saying he will be back to his All star self. Still, even last years injured Amare produced roughly the same as Boozer so I expect them to be close to even. Same with Noah and Chandler, its hard to really call a difference.

The benches are another advantage the Knicks have. We don't know what a fully healthy Knicks squad will be when Amare and Shumps are back in the lineup but lets say he's a starter by February and Shumps is on the bench. The Knicks bench would be Priggs, JR, Novak, Stat, Sheed. The Bull would be Robinson, Belinelli, Butler, Gibson, Hinrich, Muhammed. Stat and JR are both worlds better than any of the other players between these benches so it's really no contest.

I think the fully healthy Knicks vs the fully healthy Bulls would be a great series, but no way do the bulls win a 7 game series. Next year, when the bulls fill in the remaining gaps, they will be better. But no real backup center, no real scoring wing is a problem. They should make a run at OJ Mayo.

Bench is less important in the playoffs.

Rose-less Bulls are worse than the Knicks, but if the Bulls have Rose and he isn't bad from the acl tear than they are clearly better.

CubsBullsBucs
12-20-2012, 05:39 AM
well, the Bulls without Rose and Rip beat the Knicks without Melo and Amare, so its tough to judge based off that game. I think Amare will honestly just clog things up, and I love Amare. I'll say Bulls in 7 if we have home court, if we dont i might give the Knicks in 7. Bulls and Knicks need home court to win imo

knicksfan42
12-20-2012, 08:14 AM
ranked above the knicks :)

a little research next time will help you doodle

That's not the point. He did his reading, your reading comprehension needs a little work however. The point is your reasoning the Bulls are better is that they're 17th in defense. The Heat are 15th moron.

i dont know. the bulls are a top 5 defense. (A completely healthy) Miami is ranked 15th.

koreancabbage
12-20-2012, 09:54 AM
He asked where the Heat ranked not because he believed they were ranked below the Knicks, but because he was implying they are also ranked low compared to the Bulls. Top 5 vs 15th.

Only a complete fukcwit would say this:

Implying one team is worse than the other when their own ****ing team is 10 spots below the first team defensively.

but he is comparing the Knicks vs Bulls. I don't see the relevance of bringing in a third party for kicks. I thought this was a Knicks vs Bulls thread. of course he is not going to bring up his own ****ing team for god sake. is it a crime to not state the obvious in this thread?

Beltrans Mole
12-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Well right now we know Melo is playing the best basketball in his career...and what we don't know is how well Rose will bounce back from his injury. The edge has to go the Knicks in a series for this season.

Knicks21
12-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Like a slower pace would help the bulls, thats one of nys defence downfalls, not getting back on D because they are old.

kdspurman
12-20-2012, 11:03 AM
I'd have to say the Knicks.

uptownfan
12-20-2012, 11:05 AM
I think we'd have to see the Bulls at full strength to make that judgment

D-Leethal
12-20-2012, 11:05 AM
I think we'd have to see the Bulls and Knicks at full strength to make that judgment

fixed.

Captain Moroni
12-20-2012, 11:06 AM

This really depends on whether Iman Shumpert and Amare Stoudemire are available too.

When exactly did Chris Copeland become our starting PF? The guy is going to get zero minutes after Shump and Amare return. You put An injured Rose in the Bulls lineup, but not the sooner than Rose returning knick players.......explain.

D-Leethal
12-20-2012, 11:12 AM

You do know this is probably the dumbest way possible to analyze who would win a series, right?

Is this a position-by-position 1 on 1 tournament or a playoff series were talking about?

Captain Moroni
12-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Like a slower pace would help the bulls, thats one of nys defence downfalls, not getting back on D because they are old.

Bulls Starting Five
Rose 24
Hamilton 34
Deng 27
Boozer 31
Noah 27

Knicks starting 5
Felton 28
Shumpert 22
Brewer 27
Anthony 28
Chandler 30

Bulls bench Robinson 28, Mohammed 35, bellinilli 26, Gibson 27, Heinrich 31
Knicks bench Kidd 39, Novak 29, smith 27, Stoudemire 30, Wallace 38

Kidd hustles more than any 20 year old so get that notion out of your head. Wallace plays spot minutes tht will go down drastically when stat returns. Thomas is barely playing at all. Age has nothing to do with the results of this team. Just a media calling card.

Badluck33
12-20-2012, 11:54 AM
knicks in 3 games. the beating will be so bad that Bulls will refuse to show up in game 4.

NYJ - NYY
12-20-2012, 11:57 AM
knicks in 3 games. the beating will be so bad that Bulls will refuse to show up in game 4.

agreed :D:clap:

but in all seriousness great matchup i think the knicks take it though in 6 but not without a hard fought battle every game!!

LongIslandIcedZ
12-20-2012, 12:28 PM
It all comes down to how

Shumpert
Rose
Stat

Come back from injury.

The rest of the Bulls are pretty healthy right?

If not, the other injured Bulls players can be added to that list as well.

cheesypacker
12-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Knicks

rubx3
12-20-2012, 03:22 PM

need video

RonE Coleman
12-20-2012, 03:26 PM
If everyone is healthy for both teams... Knicks in 6

justinnum1
12-20-2012, 04:42 PM
agreed

quade36
12-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Knicks have had a better team every year for the past 10 years, since getting Eddy Curry. Why would things be different now?

:)

GiantsSwaGG
12-20-2012, 06:36 PM
I think if everyone on the Bulls is healthy, they're better than the Knicks and Heat

justinnum1
12-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Knicks have had a better team every year for the past 10 years, since getting Eddy Curry. Why would things be different now?

:)

:laugh2:

knicksfan42
12-20-2012, 06:46 PM
If everyone is healthy for both teams... Knicks in 6

Knicks in 5 brah.

Evolution23
12-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Ryan Tannehill is taking over the NFL. He will lead the Dolphins back to the ocean champion bowl.

justinnum1
12-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Ryan Tannehill is taking over the NFL. He will lead the Dolphins back to the ocean champion bowl.

You know you lost the argument when you have to change the sport :laugh:

Try harder next time brah

knicksfan42
12-20-2012, 06:53 PM

GiantsSwaGG
12-20-2012, 07:03 PM

smiddy012
12-20-2012, 11:05 PM
It is very unlikely that NY could beat Rose/Rip/Deng/Booz/Noah in a 7-game series IMO. Then again its very unlikely that those 5 will be healthy then. The thing the Bulls got going for them is their defense though - if they can't stop Melo they'll stop everyone except Melo most likely. Too many things have to go right for NY to have a chance - namely the old Amare, top 10 defense, Melo playing better than Rose, they'll be lucky if they get one of those three.

A healthy Rose/Rip/Deng/Booz/Noah would have been the only team in the East last year who could've competed against Miami in playoffs. Thing is that group wasn't healthy, and they probably never will be. Speaking hypothetically, if they're all healthy though, the Bulls are the second best team in the East.

knicks=love
12-20-2012, 11:14 PM

:facepalm: why on earth would felton guard rose?

ChicagoFan4Eva
12-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Healthy Rose and a great bulls D.. Well.. Knicks would suffer in the whole series. Bulls in 5 :)

if you don't agree then look at my signature :)

mrblisterdundee
12-20-2012, 11:19 PM
When exactly did Chris Copeland become our starting PF? The guy is going to get zero minutes after Shump and Amare return. You put An injured Rose in the Bulls lineup, but not the sooner than Rose returning knick players.......explain.

I'm sorry. I should have put Amare Stoudemire at the starting position. Even so, Boozer's better than Amare when he comes back.

Beltrans Mole
12-20-2012, 11:29 PM
Healthy Rose and a great bulls D.. Well.. Knicks would suffer in the whole series. Bulls in 5 :)

if you don't agree then look at my signature :)

Well a healthy Shumpert and Amare to add to what the Knicks have now, the Bulls would lose the series.

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-21-2012, 03:15 AM
Knicks

SoFreshNsoClean
12-21-2012, 03:25 AM
in a playoff atmosphere with rose 100% healthy I give the edge to the bulls

SoFreshNsoClean
12-21-2012, 03:27 AM
It is very unlikely that NY could beat Rose/Rip/Deng/Booz/Noah in a 7-game series IMO. Then again its very unlikely that those 5 will be healthy then. The thing the Bulls got going for them is their defense though - if they can't stop Melo they'll stop everyone except Melo most likely. Too many things have to go right for NY to have a chance - namely the old Amare, top 10 defense, Melo playing better than Rose, they'll be lucky if they get one of those three.

A healthy Rose/Rip/Deng/Booz/Noah would have been the only team in the East last year who could've competed against Miami in playoffs. Thing is that group wasn't healthy, and they probably never will be. Speaking hypothetically, if they're all healthy though, the Bulls are the second best team in the East.

Good post...feel the same

TopsyTurvy
12-21-2012, 05:44 AM
If the Bulls are all healthy, the only thing that could keep the Knicks in the series is their shooting from the perimeter.

effen5
12-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Well a healthy Shumpert and Amare to add to what the Knicks have now, the Bulls would lose the series.

I have never seen amare and melo actually work yet.

While we've seen a healthy bulls team absolutely flourish both offensively ande defensively. If both teams are healthy I'd take the bulls.

javaid64
12-21-2012, 08:26 AM

While we've seen a healthy bulls team absolutely flourish both offensively ande defensively. If both teams are healthy I'd take the bulls.

actually people make that statement not knowing the context of why they haven't played well together....maybe it was the lack of PG play....or maybe the injuries....or lack of practice together......the real question is if they play next to each other enough with kidd....how good can this team actually be.

Becks2307
12-21-2012, 09:00 AM

People need to realize that Amare and Melo ONLY played with Mike D as their coach. Do you see what he's doing in LA?

MIKE D'ANTONI is an idiot and he would have Dennis Rodman on that 96 Bulls team shooting 3s. D'antoni will ruin any offense unless its perfectly tailored to what he wants.

Mike Woodson was 6-1 with Amare and Melo. Small sample size? yes, but considering how BAD of a coach D'Antoni is, I reckon any struggles between Amare and Melo had more to do with D'Antoni's idiot offense than the players.

Had Melo and Amare failed under multiple coaches then I would give you that but pretty much 95% of the time they have played together it was under D'Antoni.

Ps. Mike D'antoni is a horrible horrible coach.

effen5
12-21-2012, 11:18 AM
People need to realize that Amare and Melo ONLY played with Mike D as their coach. Do you see what he's doing in LA?

MIKE D'ANTONI is an idiot and he would have Dennis Rodman on that 96 Bulls team shooting 3s. D'antoni will ruin any offense unless its perfectly tailored to what he wants.

Mike Woodson was 6-1 with Amare and Melo. Small sample size? yes, but considering how BAD of a coach D'Antoni is, I reckon any struggles between Amare and Melo had more to do with D'Antoni's idiot offense than the players.

Had Melo and Amare failed under multiple coaches then I would give you that but pretty much 95% of the time they have played together it was under D'Antoni.

Ps. Mike D'antoni is a horrible horrible coach.

Thats my point...thats why I said YET. Who knows how it work out. It might work it might not, thats my point its still a huge question mark.

But on the other hand, we've seen what Rip/Rose can do, and who knows what Rose/Beli can do. Rose and Rip played like they played together for years and were clicking on all cylinders before Rose got hurt.

koreancabbage
12-21-2012, 11:43 AM

nope. Amare wouldn't help their defense. Boozer would run amok on him. Bulls team defense still > Knicks defense when both teams are healthy.

Beltrans Mole
12-21-2012, 12:05 PM
nope. Amare wouldn't help their defense. Boozer would run amok on him. Bulls team defense still > Knicks defense when both teams are healthy.

Not if Amare comes off the bench.

PG- Felton
SG- Kidd
SF- Brewer
PF- Melo
C- Chandler

BENCH

Shumpert, Amare, JR Smith, Novak, Sheed?

Please....the Bulls cannot touch that second unit.

LongIslandIcedZ
12-21-2012, 12:08 PM
I think it would be a close series, too much hinges on players being healthy.

Bulls have a better Defense, but also turn the ball over a lot more.

Knicks have a better offense, but rebound much worse.

I dont think anyone can really say with any confidence who will win this series.

nycericanguy
12-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Thats my point...thats why I said YET. Who knows how it work out. It might work it might not, thats my point its still a huge question mark.

But on the other hand, we've seen what Rip/Rose can do, and who knows what Rose/Beli can do. Rose and Rip played like they played together for years and were clicking on all cylinders before Rose got hurt.

Let's just say the Knicks have been pretty damn good ever since D'antoni left... PERIOD.

Woody has won with all possible lineups, in fact the Knicks most dominant stretch was arguably the 10 game span when they had Amare, Melo & Chandler all together and they went 8-2 against a very tough SOS.

I'm not worried at all about Amare, especially when I see what D'antoni is doing in LA without a PG. He's simply not a good coach without a great PG, and NY never even had a DECENT PG, let alone a great one.

So when I hear people constantly act like Amare will hurt this team, it just sounds like they are grasping at straws. Sure the Melo/Amare/Tyson trio might not be ideal, but neither is Lebron & Wade, but no one would argue that the HEat are better without Wade.

xxplayerxx23
12-21-2012, 02:03 PM
All depends on how amare fits in. If he comes off the bench with a healthy iman and brewer to make it tough on rose I give it to the Knicks in 6 with hca of course mr. Jordan bulls ;)

effen5
12-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Let's just say the Knicks have been pretty damn good ever since D'antoni left... PERIOD.

Woody has won with all possible lineups, in fact the Knicks most dominant stretch was arguably the 10 game span when they had Amare, Melo & Chandler all together and they went 8-2 against a very tough SOS.

I'm not worried at all about Amare, especially when I see what D'antoni is doing in LA without a PG. He's simply not a good coach without a great PG, and NY never even had a DECENT PG, let alone a great one.

So when I hear people constantly act like Amare will hurt this team, it just sounds like they are grasping at straws. Sure the Melo/Amare/Tyson trio might not be ideal, but neither is Lebron & Wade, but no one would argue that the HEat are better without Wade.

I understand where your coming from but you are not giving the Bulls any credit. Okay so you've had a great 25+ games or whatever....but thats still a small sample and a very small sample with Amare.

Bulls on the other hand have been pretty damn good for 160+ games, and they're finally getting into a groove now. There a top 10 defensive team AGAIN, and they are no where near 100 percent.

KnickaBocka.44
12-21-2012, 02:30 PM
I understand where your coming from but you are not giving the Bulls any credit. Okay so you've had a great 25+ games or whatever....but thats still a small sample and a very small sample with Amare.

Bulls on the other hand have been pretty damn good for 160+ games, and they're finally getting into a groove now. There a top 10 defensive team AGAIN, and they are no where near 100 percent.

The Knicks aren't anywhere near 100% either though...

Rivera
12-21-2012, 02:36 PM
I don't see the bulls as a serious threat
To win the nba championship with Derrick rose on there team. To be honest without adding another quality player I don't see them ever making the nba finals

This Knicks team I have as a team on my short list who can win an nba championship this year. The only teams I could see winning a chip this year is

Knicks
Heat
Thunder
Spurs

That's it that's the list. I can't see any other team winning it even if Chicago has a 100% return to MVP form Derrick rose on their squad. To me they will always be a top regular season team who's gives a lot of effort and lays d that will always fall short in round 2 or 3 until they add another quality layer next to rose

Yes they have quality players now but they need one more preferably a scorer/shooter

So I got the Knicks

koreancabbage
12-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Not if Amare comes off the bench.

PG- Felton
SG- Kidd
SF- Brewer
PF- Melo
C- Chandler

BENCH

Shumpert, Amare, JR Smith, Novak, Sheed?

Please....the Bulls cannot touch that second unit.

on paper, Knicks are a solid team.

but we're talking the Bulls defense here, the best defensive team in the East by a long shot. I would imagine the Knicks finding it hard to score on this team outside of Melo. Dererk Rose would run circles around Felton and anyone would have to chase Hamilton around

but this is all hypothetical right, but i would put my money on chicago if both teams were healthy. Thibs would out coach Woodson by a long shot.

koreancabbage
12-21-2012, 02:53 PM
The Knicks aren't anywhere near 100% either though...

but the matter of fact that Chicago isn't either. so thats a moot point. In fact, you're bringing in Amare, who is pylon when it comes to the discussion of defence.

chicago's defense is better than new york's and both teams aren't healthy.

nycericanguy
12-21-2012, 03:08 PM

Umm... I already stated earlier in the thread CHI & NY fully healthy would be a toss up.

I was simply responding to your post about Amare.

And its not 25 games... try 37-12 under Woodson now. 49 games... this team isn't going anywhere.

You want to downplay it fine, first it was small sample size, now people are clinging to "o but Amare will mess it up" theory, now he's willing to come off the bench, when he doesn't mess it up people will find something else.

effen5
12-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Umm... I already stated earlier in the thread CHI & NY fully healthy would be a toss up.

I was simply responding to your post about Amare.

And its not 25 games... try 37-12 under Woodson now. 49 games... this team isn't going anywhere.

You want to downplay it fine, first it was small sample size, now people are clinging to "o but Amare will mess it up" theory, now he's willing to come off the bench, when he doesn't mess it up people will find something else.

And how many of those games in the 37-12 was Amare playing in? Just curious.

KnickaBocka.44
12-21-2012, 03:33 PM
but the matter of fact that Chicago isn't either. so thats a moot point. In fact, you're bringing in Amare, who is pylon when it comes to the discussion of defence.

chicago's defense is better than new york's and both teams aren't healthy.

I'm aware, thats why I included the word "either" in that post you quoted.

You're also forgetting that Shumpert will be coming back around the same time as Rose will be and he is the antithesis of Amare on the defensive end. Between he, Felton, Kidd and Brewer, they should be able to keep up decently with Rose and Hamilton on the perimeter. Not to mention a fully healthy Camby by the start of playoffs should have a positive impact on the defensive end.

effen5
12-21-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm aware, thats why I included the word "either" in that post you quoted.

You're also forgetting that Shumpert will be coming back around the same time as Rose will be and he is the antithesis of Amare on the defensive end. Between he, Felton, Kidd and Brewer, they should be able to keep up decently with Rose and Hamilton on the perimeter. Not to mention a fully healthy Camby by the start of playoffs should have a positive impact on the defensive end.

A healthy Rose? Felton, Kidd, Brewer would not be able to touch a healthy Rose. Iman might be able to frustrate him but at the end of the day Rose is damn near unguardable.

Beltrans Mole
12-21-2012, 03:49 PM
on paper, Knicks are a solid team.

but we're talking the Bulls defense here, the best defensive team in the East by a long shot. I would imagine the Knicks finding it hard to score on this team outside of Melo. Dererk Rose would run circles around Felton and anyone would have to chase Hamilton around

but this is all hypothetical right, but i would put my money on chicago if both teams were healthy. Thibs would out coach Woodson by a long shot.

So now we're assuming that D-Rose will be just as quick and explosive as he was before his tore his ACL? I guess we can just assume Shumpert will shut down everyone then too...

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2012, 03:54 PM
It all depends on Derick. If the MVP version of Derick Rose is here by that time, the Bulls win it in 6. If it's a busted version of D-Rose Knicks in 7. Just thinking a non 100% Shump is what's returning b/c no way will be 100% that's just a fantasy. Hell I still think they might try to trade him. But Rose is the key. B/c the Bulls to me are the only team, other than the Houston Rockets who I've seen play the pick n' roll D, rebound, push the ball and close out on our shooters.

Just thinking how Raymond makes so many pressured mistakes, I know Melo can own Deng, but I also know he's not scoring 40-45 every game vs the Bulls D. I also know, Rip is healthy and to think Rip and Rose coming off screens, that's trouble. Watch tonight the difference w/ how we shoot vs Chicago, watch how Tyson and the pick n' roll is actually played well and lessened. Watch how they close out too and will force either Melo or JR to shoot. Which could backfire on them too but usually it leads to tough shots.

Heatcheck
12-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Doesnt matter cuz they wont get past miami.

"oh we beat you by like a kagillion point in two games"

pffffft.....you know better

DaBUU
12-21-2012, 06:10 PM
I don't see the bulls as a serious threat
To win the nba championship with Derrick rose on there team. To be honest without adding another quality player I don't see them ever making the nba finals

This Knicks team I have as a team on my short list who can win an nba championship this year. The only teams I could see winning a chip this year is

Knicks
Heat
Thunder
Spurs

That's it that's the list. I can't see any other team winning it even if Chicago has a 100% return to MVP form Derrick rose on their squad. To me they will always be a top regular season team who's gives a lot of effort and lays d that will always fall short in round 2 or 3 until they add another quality layer next to rose

Yes they have quality players now but they need one more preferably a scorer/shooter

So I got the Knicks

Then according to your theory, wouldn't the Kicks need some defenders? Which the Bulls have. And outside of Melo, who on the Knicks is offensively unstoppable. And how about we have the Knicks as a top regular season team, for at least one full season, before we start putting them on short lists of contenders.

KnickaBocka.44
12-21-2012, 06:11 PM
A healthy Rose? Felton, Kidd, Brewer would not be able to touch a healthy Rose. Iman might be able to frustrate him but at the end of the day Rose is damn near unguardable.

damn you kids seriously don't know how to read. I said those 4 guys would be able to keep up decently with Rose and Hamilton. Presuming everyone was fully healthy, obviously Shumpert would be on Rose most of the time.

DaBUU
12-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Knicks get good for 30 games, and NY fans act like they're back to back champs.

xxplayerxx23
12-21-2012, 06:24 PM
lol Bulls fan act as if Rose is going to just come back and be back to MVP rose, its going to take a while, lets see how he does before we crown you. Knicks are legit and Amare off the bench is just going to make them a better overall team.

justinnum1
12-21-2012, 06:25 PM
lol Bulls fan act as if Rose is going to just come back and be back to MVP rose, its going to take a while, lets see how he does before we crown you. Knicks are legit and Amare off the bench is just going to make them a better overall team.

And knicks fans act like shumpert will go back to being an elite defender :rolleyes:

xxplayerxx23
12-21-2012, 06:29 PM
And knicks fans act like shumpert will go back to being an elite defender :rolleyes:

Okay and your point? Shumpert is just about ready to come back, I love how people act as if Brewer is a stiff on that side of the ball. And to compare Shumperts impact to Rose Impact is pretty cute. Iman is a nice defender when healthy and has POT to be a stud but lets be honest if Rose isn't 100 % bulls arent going to be a threat.

DaBUU
12-21-2012, 06:32 PM

Dont get me wrong, Knicks are definitely legit, a lot of respect for the type of beast Melo has become. just not sure if they have enough to go all the way, but not sure the Bulls do either. Series would be good and probably go 6 or 7 games.

xxplayerxx23
12-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Dont get me wrong, Knicks are definitely legit, a lot of respect for the type of beast Melo has become. just not sure if they have enough to go all the way, but not sure the Bulls do either. Series would be good and probably go 6 or 7 games.

If both teams are good to go it would be a great 2nd round matchup (How things are now standings wise) Id love it. Winner goes on to vs Miami in the ECF, I just have to see how Rose is before I put them on my radar to be honest I love the heart and defense not to mention the crazy rebounding, its just they need that Guy to take over, which is Rose but he has to get to 100 % first

StoicSentry
12-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Knicks in 7.

Close match. I just don't see Chicago having enough scoring to keep pace with Melo, Amar'e and the Knicks barrage of 3 point shooters. Plus Chandler is great around the rim.

The Knicks have improved their defense dramatically.

For the Bulls it all comes down to what Rose gives them. Not the case with Melo for the Knicks. Then, anything Amar'e adds on top of Melo is just gravy. But for the Bulls, you have to bank it all on Rose playing up to MVP caliber.

DaBUU
12-21-2012, 06:42 PM
If both teams are good to go it would be a great 2nd round matchup (How things are now standings wise) Id love it. Winner goes on to vs Miami in the ECF, I just have to see how Rose is before I put them on my radar to be honest I love the heart and defense not to mention the crazy rebounding, its just they need that Guy to take over, which is Rose but he has to get to 100 % first

You mean Nate The Great doesn't scare you? :D

J Shuttles
12-21-2012, 07:10 PM
the answer to this question, is a couple hours away. If the Bulls hang with the Knicks without rose, clearly they will beat them with him in the playoffs.

nycericanguy
12-21-2012, 07:33 PM
And how many of those games in the 37-12 was Amare playing in? Just curious.

lol i dont know man... maybe 13...14?

But thats my point... this is how the NBA forum goes

Knicks are playing .750 ball!

"ahh its a small sample size"

30 games later

"ahh well Amare will mess it up"

but they are 8-2 with Amare?

"but Amare & Melo can't play together"

its just a cycle... just give it up man, they are legit!...lol

justinnum1
12-21-2012, 10:15 PM

After tonights game this answer is obvious.

Max.This
12-21-2012, 10:38 PM

We pounded the Heat 20 plus points each game. does that mean in the regular season that the outcome of the playoffs is obvious?

justinnum1
12-21-2012, 10:39 PM
We pounded the Heat 20 plus points each game. does that mean in the regular season that the outcome of the playoffs is obvious?

Dont get so mad bro. Bulls >knicks

without rose!

(only knicks fans think they are a better team than the heat lol)

bucketss
12-21-2012, 10:49 PM
they got smacked on the boards tonight they live and die on the three if its not falling damn they'll get smoked by teams like the bulls. with a healthy rose i don't think the knicks can beat them in a 7 game series just my opinion.

Nymfan87
12-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Dont get so mad bro. Bulls >knicks

without rose!

(only knicks fans think they are a better team than the heat lol)

Yes, when the Knicks shoot 30% and the Bulls shoot 50%, the Bulls are definitely the better team.

Chronz
12-21-2012, 10:58 PM
Yes, when the Knicks shoot 30% and the Bulls shoot 50%, the Bulls are definitely the better team.

pretty sure that g0s 4 all teams

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2012, 11:11 PM
they got smacked on the boards tonight they live and die on the three if its not falling damn they'll get smoked by teams like the bulls. with a healthy rose i don't think the knicks can beat them in a 7 game series just my opinion.

If MVP D-Rose shows up we won't. We'd go 7 and lose. The pick n' roll D and close out D they play would wear us out by game 4.

justinnum1
12-21-2012, 11:12 PM
If MVP D-Rose shows up we won't. We'd go 7 and lose. The pick n' roll D and close out D they play would wear us out by game 4.

with rose fully healthy the knicks dont win more than 2 games.

xxplayerxx23
12-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Lol trolls out tonight. We haven't even seen. How amare is off the Bench and yet you talk. Stfu already!

Becks2307
12-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Lol Knicks scored 45 pts in the 4th quarter....odd game.

Evolution23
12-21-2012, 11:27 PM
This was a crazy game. Obviously the Bulls are really freaking good but the refs were god awful tonight also. Knicks were slow to start off the game and that cost them. Still have the Knicks as the better team but the Bulls would take us to 7 games.

justinnum1
12-21-2012, 11:31 PM
This was a crazy game. Obviously the Bulls are really freaking good but the refs were god awful tonight also. Knicks were slow to start off the game and that cost them. Still have the Knicks as the better team but the Bulls would take us to 7 games.

quade36
12-21-2012, 11:32 PM

Knicks shot 41.8%
Bulls shot 44.6%

Just an FYI

CubsBullsBucs
12-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Bulls>Knicks, without MVP Rose! And it can be argued that Amare will just mess up the winning rotation that they already have. I dont see how this is even a debate??

effen5
12-21-2012, 11:53 PM
The last quarter was just out of this world but outside of that, the Bulls defense was absolutely ridiculous. Thats what I love about Thibs....Defense Defense Defense Defense

xxplayerxx23
12-22-2012, 12:00 AM
Bulls>Knicks, without MVP Rose! And it can be argued that Amare will just mess up the winning rotation that they already have. I dont see how this is even a debate??

What a joke. And how can amare ruin anything off the bench? Lol

fin_frenzy_84
12-22-2012, 12:01 AM

Refs weren't as bad as you think both teams had 25 fouls but the knicks were complaining on pretty much every call which cost them.

FreakaNashur
12-22-2012, 12:01 AM
Lol Knicks scored 45 pts in the 4th quarter....odd game.

the score wasn't indicative to how they was embarrassed tonight.

AI
12-22-2012, 12:02 AM

You are pathetic, it's always been obvious.

rubx3
12-22-2012, 12:02 AM

one of my favorite posters :D

DeyAce
12-22-2012, 12:15 AM
with rose fully healthy the knicks dont win more than 2 games.

This

Nymfan87
12-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Knicks shot 41.8%
Bulls shot 44.6%

Just an FYI

At the end of the game, the numbers looked way better than they were when the game was a blowout.

CubsBullsBucs
12-22-2012, 12:19 AM
What a joke. And how can amare ruin anything off the bench? Lol

Rasheed stretches the floor great and plays tough D. Amare does not play tough D, does not stretch the floor, and will take away minutes from Sheed. Throw in the injury concerns and media scrutiny NY will recieve for having Amare come off the bench for $50+ Million, then yes, he will screw up their great depth. Which is why they literally tried to give him away for free and nobody would take him. Not saying Amare is worthless, but it clear as daylight. Bulls>Knicks, with or without Rose

TheSource
12-22-2012, 12:26 AM
Chicago's defense is amazing.

KniCks4LiFe
12-22-2012, 12:27 AM
This

chill homie. We'd take you 7 gms. but we'd inevitably lose. But if my Knicks trade Amar'e and get a Gasol or some low post threat. It's on like Donkey Kong.:cool:

xxplayerxx23
12-22-2012, 01:15 AM
Rasheed stretches the floor great and plays tough D. Amare does not play tough D, does not stretch the floor, and will take away minutes from Sheed. Throw in the injury concerns and media scrutiny NY will recieve for having Amare come off the bench for $50+ Million, then yes, he will screw up their great depth. Which is why they literally tried to give him away for free and nobody would take him. Not saying Amare is worthless, but it clear as daylight. Bulls>Knicks, with or without Rose

Lol I thought your first post was terrible, but wow it got worse. Your telling me 1-The Media is going to get in the head of the knicks/Amare and hurt the way he plays? 2-Sheed>Amare? 3-Bulls would beat the Knicks without Rose in the playoffs? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You couldn't even beat Philly without Rose :laugh: Hope Rose comes back and we face in the playoffs so I can come back to this post and Laugh some more.

Will 2 BE
12-22-2012, 01:20 AM
Bulls did a great job tonight frustrating the Knicks and really stopping their ball movement. Carmello regressed to playing 1on4 basketball and they shot horribly in the first half. However the refs really let this game escalate to a point that it didnt need to reach, 8 Technical fouls in a game? A good ref sqaud to me should have more control on how physical a game gets.

Knicks and Bulls battling like they did in the 90s, playoffs will be exciting to watch!

DoMeFavors
12-22-2012, 01:35 AM
I think these Bulls could sweep the Knicks in 4 games

xxplayerxx23
12-22-2012, 01:40 AM
Then they would obvously beat the nets in 2 games.

Kuya_Clive
12-22-2012, 01:56 AM
Would be a fun series to watch

CubsBullsBucs
12-22-2012, 02:50 AM
Lol I thought your first post was terrible, but wow it got worse. Your telling me 1-The Media is going to get in the head of the knicks/Amare and hurt the way he plays? 2-Sheed>Amare? 3-Bulls would beat the Knicks without Rose in the playoffs? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You couldn't even beat Philly without Rose :laugh: Hope Rose comes back and we face in the playoffs so I can come back to this post and Laugh some more.

Yes, it happens. Amare will not be a permanent bench player. He will either be traded or start and be a star. It's hilarious that you think he's going to quietly play off the bench in limited minutes. And last year was completely different. And appearently you don't remember that Noah and Gibson didn't play most of that series vs. Philly. The Bulls or Heat will win the East,..

koreancabbage
12-22-2012, 04:35 AM

Bulls would take the Knicks in 5 if rose came back. Bulls defence is one of the best and coach Thibs is way better than Woodson.

Knicks finally won a playoff game last year in like how many years? Woodson never got out of the second round, Melo only got out of the first round one time, and a whole bunch of Knicks fans clamouring they would beat the heat last year.

Knicks lost. Move on. Rose only makes this team stronger in terms of depth. If they could kill you guys with Hinrich, then imagine what a healthy Rose can do.

IDunknown
12-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Bulls would take the Knicks in 5 if rose came back. Bulls defence is one of the best and coach Thibs is way better than Woodson.

Knicks finally won a playoff game last year in like how many years? Woodson never got out of the second round, Melo only got out of the first round one time, and a whole bunch of Knicks fans clamouring they would beat the heat last year.

Knicks lost. Move on. Rose only makes this team stronger in terms of depth. If they could kill you guys with Hinrich, then imagine what a healthy Rose can do.

True,but also imagine what a healthy Stoudamire,Shumpert,Wallace,and Camby could do.

Guppyfighter
12-22-2012, 07:11 AM
True,but also imagine what a healthy Stoudamire,Shumpert,Wallace,and Camby could do.

I am not sure you quite understand the gap of Derrick and Rip compared to these four players.

GiantsSwaGG
12-22-2012, 07:56 AM
You are pathetic, it's always been obvious.

He sucks at trolling and by his logic we're better than the heat since we spanked them twice once without Melo :laugh:

justinnum1
12-22-2012, 09:45 AM
I think these Bulls could sweep the Knicks in 4 games

Knicks losing in 5 is more likely

Kashmir13579
12-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Bulls.

JesusNYY_Savior
12-22-2012, 10:12 AM

You bulls fans act like Rose will make you much better. All he does is stop the ball movement and try's to take games over. Shumpert will frustrate him and turn him into a jump shooter which is inefficient at. Your team is better with Hinrich running the point

justinnum1
12-22-2012, 10:29 AM

You bulls fans act like Rose will make you much better. All he does is stop the ball movement and try's to take games over. Shumpert will frustrate him and turn him into a jump shooter which is inefficient at. Your team is better with Hinrich running the point
:facepalm:

So the Knicks are better without melo since they beat the Knicks without him, right?

All the things you say rose does to hurt his team are the same things melo does lol

Becks2307
12-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Bulls play stingy defense but there is no way these teams don't go at least 6-7 games in an actual playoff series. Knicks would really need all their pieces though, more so against the Bulls than the Heat even.

Camby, Amare and Shumpert would make a huge difference against the Bulls. This would be a pretty epic 2nd round matchup if it happened.

Heat
Celtics

Knicks
Bulls

yankeesown69
12-22-2012, 10:37 AM

So the Knicks are better without melo since they beat the Knicks without him, right?

All the things you say rose does to hurt his team are the same things melo does lol

I agree hes exaggerating, but without Melo the ball movement stops and it becomes a ray felton show. With Melo the ball swings around and from side to side because he passes out of the post a lot better this year. It also normally opens up the pnr, although not last night against the bulls

effen5
12-22-2012, 10:39 AM

And a healthy rose, taj, rip would do for our team? Beli had a tough game but your defense was horrible, rip would keep going off screens and make shots after shots. Taj would be our defensive anchor off the bench like he always is, and well, we all know what the former MVP can do. You thought our defense was tough yesterday, wait til taj is healthy.

effen5
12-22-2012, 10:40 AM

Except rose would gladly pass up the ball while melo being melo

effen5
12-22-2012, 10:46 AM
I know you people didn't believe us but we told you this bench is already a lot better then last year

Hinrich has struggles but Nate has been playing out if his mind and both of them are much better then Watson and jl3

Beli is much better for this team then korver even though I do miss korver but beli has been tearing it up recently

Butler is much better then brewer

Obviously the only one that ****in kills right now is losing asik

quade36
12-22-2012, 10:50 AM
At the end of the game, the numbers looked way better than they were when the game was a blowout.

And? They finished pretty equal shooting at the end. Who cares how the game went. That is why there are 48 minutes in a basketball game.

You specifically stated the Bulls shot 50% and the Knicks 30%. I was just correcting those stats as I didn't want people on this thread to be misinformed.

TheMoneyTeam
12-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Knicks are deeper.

Rotations shrink in the playoffs. I got the Bulls in this one. I just don't trust the quitters New York have. The cast they have assembled are known quitters who are winning right now so it's camouflaged. Zebras always show their true stripes in the playoffs.

The Knicks are playing good basketball at the moment, though.

TheMoneyTeam
12-22-2012, 11:08 AM
And? They finished pretty equal shooting at the end. Who cares how the game went. That is why there are 48 minutes in a basketball game.

You specifically stated the Bulls shot 50% and the Knicks 30%. I was just correcting those stats as I didn't want people on this thread to be misinformed.

I agree.

ILMindState
12-22-2012, 11:11 AM
You bulls fans act like Rose will make you much better. Your team is better with Hinrich running the point

:laugh:this comedic gold is why we read PSD

MonroeFAN
12-22-2012, 11:29 AM
My money is on the Knicks.

effen5
12-22-2012, 12:06 PM

My god you're an idiot.

Try's to take over games? Rose dominates games while dishing the ball out. I guess you already forgot how incredible Rose is. Only person that I've seen that can contain Rose is Lebron and thats because Lebron's got a distinct height advantage. Shumpert might do somethings okay but he can't stop Rose. Rose dropped 29 and 32 last time he played Shump. Thats not really frustrating him.

koreancabbage
12-22-2012, 12:23 PM

You are indeed PSD's top 10 nightmare lol only surpassed by Brooklyn Nets fans

Rivera
12-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Then according to your theory, wouldn't the Kicks need some defenders? Which the Bulls have. And outside of Melo, who on the Knicks is offensively unstoppable. And how about we have the Knicks as a top regular season team, for at least one full season, before we start putting them on short lists of contenders.

Knicks have some defenders (brewer chandler kidd shumpert camby thomas ) and is one of the best nba defensive teams in the league and they have enough scoring with melo and jr and when amare comes back

I don't need to see them for a whole season I seen enough from THIS years Knicks team to put then on a short list of real nba contenders

KniCks4LiFe
12-22-2012, 01:28 PM

first Shumpert is coming back from a torn ACL. Rose has been the only one rumored to be stronger through this rehab out of the two. :facepalm:

homie the only one who has stopped Rose is LeBron James. Shumpert stopped him on one final second play. Derrick Rose career vs Shumpert is averaging 31 ppg, 8 apg on 42% shooting from 3 pt land, so that turning him into a jump shooter didn't help. And he averaged 10 FTA per game.

Procision
12-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Bulls in 6, 5 if they somehow have hca

waveycrockett
12-22-2012, 02:32 PM
When Shumpert comes back Rose will have his way with him as per usual

GiantsSwaGG
12-22-2012, 02:37 PM

KniCks4LiFe
12-22-2012, 02:42 PM
another thing people aren't taking to account is that Shump coming back from that torn ACL, is not the one on one D that would concern me, it's having to run through the screen, jump the pick n' roll vs Noah, Gibson, Boozer, things that he will try to do too much in b/c he has never had this injury and then when his ACL tells him to slow down how he most likely won't.

Rivera
12-22-2012, 04:05 PM
I don't know why but I thought this was appropriate for this thread :

Now if I was Guarding derrick rose
I would be more understanding but you ain't derrick rose
You was my number one, but you uhmm, you ain't derrick rose
You try to make a point again, you ain't derrick rose
You just on some :bs: , you ain't derrick rose